Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/14/15

Morbs
  • Start Topic

Monday, December 14 – Nick Cannon (“Chi-Raq”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday, December 15 – Jeffrey Tambor (“Transparent”).

Wednesday, December 16 – Day of Hot Topics; Michelle Collins makes her Broadway debut in “Wicked.”

Thursday, December 17 – “The View” creator Barbara Walters (“Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People”); Mary-Louise Parker (“Dear Mr. You”); must have holiday gadgets.

Friday, December 18 – “The View’s” Holiday Show!; Grammy Award-winner Darlene Love performs “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home”; Kurt Russell (“The Hateful Eight”); the co-hosts’ favorite things; “The View”s year-end mash-up with DJ Earworm.

• Love 2

According to this list of guests this week, Michelle is making her Broadway debut in Wicked. Doing what? She must have some hidden talent I haven't seen yet.

Everything is double posting.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 3

Raven asks Paula if she missed anything because she married her husband as a virgin. Paula says no, Raven gives her an incredulous look. Raven, who's girlfriend just dumped her after four years, cannot fathom such a thing as falling in love with someone and marrying them. Joy also was a virgin the first time she married but Whoopi says in those days that was always done. The young Whoopi probably slept with anyone who hit on her because of course she is so hittable. Cameron didn't say much.

The Whoopster started off the show by interrupting Paula mid-sentence.  Gawd!!!

Delete double post.

Same shit, different day!

Edited by rcc
  • Love 3

Raven, who's girlfriend just dumped her after four years, cannot fathom such a thing as falling in love with someone and marrying them.

I'd go out on a limb and say RS can fathom falling in love with someone.  Marriage isn't for everybody.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 1

Delete double post.

Just started watching and yelled at her again.  Don't understand why the producers won't tell her to knock it off.  I used to love her as an actress and comedienne, but now I wish she would go away!!!  Far, far away!

Delete double post.

Just started watching and yelled at her again.  Don't understand why the producers won't tell her to knock it off.  I used to love her as an actress and comedienne, but now I wish she would go away!!!  Far, far away!

Delete double post.

Uh, I don't know how the triple happened, and I don't know how to delete them!  

• Love 5

I'd go out on a limb and say RS can fathom falling in love with someone.  Marriage isn't for everybody.

I think Raven's problem with marriage has more to do with money than commitment.  Just sayin'.

Deleted double post.

Uh, I don't know how the triple happened, and I don't know how to delete them!  

Just go into edit & delete them.

Edited by Medicine Crow

The post and delete double message, plus this site is slower than usual. I can't access my Notifications either.

This site must be going through some kind of maintenance.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1

I think Raven's problem with marriage has more to do with money than commitment.  Just sayin'.

Deleted double post.

Just go into edit & delete them.

Tried that and managed to screw it up somehow!  

• Love 1

Wishful thinking!!!

Hey Mod ... we need a new thread!!!

Does a mod open the thread or can anyone do it?

Anyone can do it. I have been leaving them until Monday AM to post so that any posters can make them if they wish. I was late this morning since the forums have had issues. The boards have been down and in and out all day which is why there are so many problems.

You can edit your posts to remove any duplicates. I also frequently delete double posts or if you edit them to say "please delete", myself or another mod can do them for you.

• Love 1

I do think that Whoopi has been told to end the show with "take a little time to enjoy the view" and not "whatever view you happen upon" but defiantly does it anyway. Joy looks so pissed off when Whoopi does that. 

They can't skip over the news that Cosby's suing 7 out of 50 of his accusers, can they? Seems to be making lots of headlines. 

• Love 1

The board is acting up all over the place.   It's not us. 

I think that whole NOT Hot Topic of "should you be a virgin when you get married" was for the sole purpose of picking on Paula because Whoopi made such a big damn deal about it running into the audience etc.   Seriously, who cares what anyone thinks about that?   Points to CCB for stating that, "Regardless of the decision, you should respect those decisions and not make fun of them or think it's weird."  

I don't know where Whoopi grew up but telling Paula (while shaking finger) that in the old days  "You HAD to be virgin because if you messed (nice) around with someone and got pregnant you would be run out of the neighborhood!" was ridiculous.  I'm sure that happened somewhere but her blanket statements, especially with her endless, "Know your history" crap kind of makes me see why someone might have called her stupid.  I don't think Whoopi Goldberg is stupid but she sure says a lot of stupid things. 

People like Joy (and my mother) were virgins for many reasons, including religion and lack of birth control for women.    They also got married right out of high school or college.  Joy said she was 21.    My mother was an "older mom" because she got married at had kids at 23.    My own father, married over 50 years, once basically said he married my mom because they wanted to have sex, lol.   It was actually the invention of The Pill that allowed women to take control of their own bodies and have sex without fear/risk of unwanted pregnancy.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 13

Whoopie's comments about unwanted pregnancy and abstaining from sex makes me, again, question her real age. I remember years ago when Whoopie was older than me and then at some point she became younger than me. So if we go by her current age of 59, figure birth control pills were available in 1965, when Whoopie was allegedly 9, birth control has always been available to women her age. I was in college in the early 70s. And everyone was on the pill., and I'm currently older than Whoopie. With Joy, it was a different story.

• Love 10
People like Joy (and my mother) were virgins for many reasons, including religion and lack of birth control for women.

I'm two years older than Joy and those are the exact reasons.  Additionally, if you did "it," the word would eventually get around and you'd be expected to put out.  Also, all of us knew of girls who did it "only once" and got pregnant...at least those were the stories and we believed them out of fear.  Girls from my small Catholic high school had to "visit relatives" in another state for a few months.  Others had "mono" and were out of school for awhile.  I believed it all until decades later when "everyone" knew.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 7

I think that whole NOT Hot Topic of "should you be a virgin when you get married" was for the sole purpose of picking on Paula because Whoopi made such a big damn deal about it running into the audience etc.   Seriously, who cares what anyone thinks about that?   Points to CCB for stating that, "Regardless of the decision, you should respect those decisions and not make fun of them or think it's weird."  

I don't know where Whoopi grew up but telling Paula (while shaking finger) that in the old days  "You HAD to be virgin because if you messed (nice) around with someone and got pregnant you would be run out of the neighborhood!" was ridiculous.  I'm sure that happened somewhere but her blanket statements, especially with her endless, "Know your history" crap kind of makes me see why someone might have called her stupid.  I don't think Whoopi Goldberg is stupid but she sure says a lot of stupid things. 

Yes, & watching her try to gallop around on those crazy high heels was something to behold.  The Whoopster sure doesn't like Paula & takes every opportunity to stick it to her.  (I've said before, I hope Paula has her lawyer watching the show because I think she's on the receiving end of workplace harassment.)

Girls where I grew up went to visit relatives or got mono as Former Nun said.  Whoopi is so fucking over-the-top with her opinions, that it's difficult to watch without getting pissed off.

• Love 11

Whoopi is so fucking over-the-top with her opinions, that it's difficult to watch without getting pissed off.

If she stated opinions it would all be a bit different, for me. She states (in her mind) facts. ugh

• Love 7

Whoopi and Babs both need to move on. They're no longer relevant and can't do the job well, plus they've gotten super cranky to boot. When you've gotten to the point that you rely on others to remind the audience of how super important you are, you need to go. (That question to Nick Cannon: "How did you feel working with an EGOT?" So awkward.) 

• Love 10

I do think that Whoopi has been told to end the show with "take a little time to enjoy the view" and not "whatever view you happen upon" but defiantly does it anyway. Joy looks so pissed off when Whoopi does that. 

That's because this isn't Whoopi's show to decide she'll end it whatever way she wants. It's been the same tagline since the beginning until Barbara left. Joy is friends with Barbara, so she probably finds it disrespectful--because it is, imo. This isn't your show, Whoopi, say the tag line, FFS! On a related topic (since Whoopi inspires me to curse at the TV), I agreed with whichever co-host said cursing around children doesn't affect them unless you're being hateful. I grew up with a father whose every fourth word was a curse word and I've also watched South Park since I was in 4th Grade, and I rarely curse.

I wondered about Michelle, too, today. I'd rather have her there than Raven. I know Michelle is doing some commercial filler regularly on LOGO with Michael Urie (best known for playing Marc on Ugly Betty) and several others; they comment on or re-enact scenes from whatever movie's on. Maybe Raven's presence makes Whoopi act a little less crazy, since she was Whoopi's pick for co-host? More reason to look forward to Raven getting fired. Of course Nick Cannon was right there at the altar of Whoopi, too. Thankfully I've never really liked Nick Cannon and even less after he talked constantly about Mariah Carey after their separation all while she kept silent.

• Love 6

I did not appreciate this show using my beloved Bon Jovi music as their "entrance theme" today and then not crediting it.   Actually, I don't appreciate this show using it at all, lol.  

Yes, & watching her try to gallop around on those crazy high heels was something to behold.  The Whoopster sure doesn't like Paula & takes every opportunity to stick it to her.  (I've said before, I hope Paula has her lawyer watching the show because I think she's on the receiving end of workplace harassment.)

Did you catch it today when Paula said her husband used to watch the show but doesn't anymore?  Hahahaha.  He probably hates seeing his wife being constantly bullied.  

During her lecture today about the presidential election and voting Whoopi actually said, " Everyone is a minority these days.  We are all minorities."   I don't the word minority means what Whoopi thinks it means, hahaha.  

Then she invoked Nazi Germany and Italy but I'm betting she doesn't know why.  Joy had to remind her that Hitler was voted into office.    I bet Whoopi doesn't know the definition of fascism, which is a real thing and not limited to long ago Nazi Germany.  Maybe she should 'KNOW HER HISTORY!" and learn about the 2002 French presidential election,  Jean-Marie Le Pen and the National Front party.    I know, how about learning some political history yourself before lecturing people on TV about it Whoopi?   Sheesh.  

I give the prize for the most obnoxious moment today to Whoopi smugly declaring, :"People who swear have larger vocabularies [than people who do not?]   and Paula daring to have a different opinion.   Then Paula said, she thought it was a lot harder [for comedians] to be funny without swearing and used  Jim Gaffigan's act as an example.  But before she could finish that thought Whoopi interrupts, with, "That's not true! Because I sit her every day and I get through it.  I don't say one dirty word on this show."   Which kind of proved Paula's point to me, lol.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 15

I didn't understand how Whoopi says she never swears on the show.   She gets bleeped pretty often.  She also says damn, fart, crap, and B.S  all the time, and some people consider those to be swear words. 

And then  she rails about the use of "stupid".   I get that you shouldn't call CHILDREN stupid.   You also shouldn't call them ugly, fat, brats, clumsy, spoiled, etc. but she doesn't think the word should be used at all.    What's so special about the word "stupid"?

And, often people call actions, ideas, or objects "stupid".   SO WHAT?  

I didn't understand how Whoopi says she never swears on the show.   She gets bleeped pretty often.  She also says damn, fart, crap, and B.S  all the time, and some people consider those to be swear words. 

And then  she rails about the use of "stupid".   I get that you shouldn't call CHILDREN stupid.   You also shouldn't call them ugly, fat, brats, clumsy, spoiled, etc. but she doesn't think the word should be used at all.    What's so special about the word "stupid"?

• Love 7

I did not appreciate this show using my beloved Bon Jovi music as their "entrance theme" today and then not crediting it.   Actually, I don't appreciate this show using it at all, lol.  

Did you catch it today when Paula said her husband used to watch the show but doesn't anymore?  Hahahaha.  He probably hates seeing his wife being constantly bullied.  

During her lecture today about the presidential election and voting Whoopi actually said, " Everyone is a minority these days.  We are all minorities."   I don't the word minority means what Whoopi thinks it means, hahaha.  

Then she invoked Nazi Germany and Italy but I'm betting she doesn't know why.  Joy had to remind her that Hitler was voted into office.    I bet Whoopi doesn't know the definition of fascism, which is a real thing and not limited to long ago Nazi Germany.  Maybe she should 'KNOW HER HISTORY!" and learn about the 2002 French presidential election,  Jean-Marie Le Pen and the National Front party.    I know, how about learning some political history yourself before lecturing people on TV about it Whoopi?   Sheesh.  

I give the prize for the most obnoxious moment today to Whoopi smugly declaring, :"People who swear have larger vocabularies [than people who do not?]   and Paula daring to have a different opinion.   Then Paula said, she thought it was a lot harder [for comedians] to be funny without swearing and used  Jim Gaffigan's act as an example.  But before she could finish that thought Whoopi interrupts, with, "That's not true! Because I sit her every day and I get through it.  I don't say one dirty word on this show."   Which kind of proved Paula's point to me, lol.   

Sometimes she even warns the censors to prepare to bleep her!

• Love 3

I've always thought Paula was assigned to this show by ABC rather than applied for it. But she is professional and can handle Whoopi. Doesn't mean she likes it though. 

I wouldn't want to watch my spouse, s/o, or friend/family member be bashed daily by the likes of Whoopi.

• Love 8

I think Paula's husband stopped watching because Paula told him she'd be on the panel with an EGOT winner, but, every time he watched, Paula was sitting on the panel, being insulted by some ill tempered, farting bag lady.

• Love 19

Yes, but I didn't understand her when she said the reason. Anyone catch it? In MY ever-hopeful mind she said "he doesn't watch anymore because every time he does he wants to punch Whoopi in the face."

People always hear about how bad things are for their spouse/significant other at work, but it would be so much worse having to watch it happen. If it was my s.o. she was acting that way towards daily (much less a close relative), I'd want to spit in Whoopi's face.

• Love 3

Yes, but I didn't understand her when she said the reason. Anyone catch it? In MY ever-hopeful mind she said "he doesn't watch anymore because every time he does he wants to punch Whoopi in the face."

Same here!  But what she said was something like, "...because I throw him under the bus too much."  which I've never heard her do, but she had to say something and is professional enough not to say this, which is hilarious.  

Or this:  

I think Paula's husband stopped watching because Paula told him she'd be on the panel with an EGOT winner, but, every time he watched, Paula was sitting on the panel, being insulted by some ill tempered, farting bag lady.

HAhahahahaha!   I'm so glad I wasn't taking a sip when I read this.   Love it! 

• Love 4

Same here!  But what she said was something like, "...because I throw him under the bus too much."  which I've never heard her do, but she had to say something and is professional enough not to say this, which is hilarious.  

Or this:  

HAhahahahaha!   I'm so glad I wasn't taking a sip when I read this.   Love it! 

Yes, now that I see it, that's what she said.  I'm starting to think poor Paula is looking like a martyr.  Just sayin'.

• Love 1

Whoopi has had this issue for ages.  It may have first popped up during her first year on The View.  She has always railed against the word.  It came up during long-ago discussions of the N-word and the F-word.  She has made some good points and I suspect it's personal, perhaps related to its rampant use toward those who have dyslexia. 

• Love 3

Whoopi, on occasion, has made some "good points." Sadly, they are overshadowed by all the other crap she has spewed over the past how-ever-many-years (I really don't want to know the number. Too depressing.) She throws out whatever thought crosses her mind at the time, how ever she feels about whatever issue they are "discussing." If it has to do with gas, aging body parts, her innate sexiness, her talent, taxes, her friends, race relations, education, comedy, hygiene, relationships, or just about anything else, Just Ask Whoopi. Then be ready for her to point her finger at you, and get all blowsy and outta control-like "tellin' it ya like it is" and flat out RANTING if you dare to voice an alternate opinion.

What I don't understand is why so many in the audience, and the general public, continue to idolize her, and cheer for her like a maniac. Aside from the warm-up guy whipping up fake enthusiasm for a crappy show, folks seem to agree with her. Reminds me of The Donald. I'm baffled as to why so many agree with him, and support his candidacy. Do people like being yelled at and told what to think, in a loud and obnoxious way?? I realize they disagree on some issues, but I get the feeling Whoopi likes Trump (are they friends? I can't keep up with/don't really care who her friends are or who she hates.) I bet she agrees with some of his ideas, like maybe when Trump talks taxes, for example. I could see him saying something that she would jump on, and agree with, because Whoopi seems MOST PASSIONATE (aside from defending weed, ha) when she talks about TAXES and how SHE has to pay SO MANY TAXES. POOR FUCKING WHOOPI. GO CRY A FUCKING RIVER.

Funny, she whipped herself into a frenzy about the parallels between Trump and Hitler (but didn't actually say his name? Maybe Joy did?) and had fun jumping up and down lecturing everybody about KNOW YOUR HISTORY and let it slip she just read something like YESTERDAY from a friend, about the parallels to pre-WWII. SHEET!!! I've been reading commentary for WEEKS about this. She acts like she is doing us a favor (reminiscent of BAWA informing the Little People about World News) sharing her VAST knowledge. NOT.

Now she has me ranting!! PLEASE FIRE WHOOPI GOLDBERG. SHE SUCKS. I BARELY WATCH THIS CRAPPY SHOW BECAUSE I HATE THE SITE OF HER UGLY MUG (sorry to insult mugs).

Happy Holidays. Bah. Humbug.

• Love 7

Hey, GreenKnight, my dad also was a creative cusser. Even my brother's friends remembered some of his rants at his funeral last year--it was funny, cuz he yelled at these guys like Red on the 70's show. We kids related to the cussing by the dad on Christmas Story, too. 

But we didn't use swear words. I think we figured it was an adult, dad thing.  Mom didn't cuss; she just yelled when she was mad at us. Swearing just wasn't done in regular conversations then, unlike it is now.  I have a 30 year old nephew whose (almost) every other word starts with F.  Now I use those words at home when I need to make a strong point, or am frustrated, or for humor.  The words don't bother me, except c--t for women, or even broad. 

Whoopi is a lost cause  She doesn't make sense, contradicts herself, is a blatant BULLY, and considers herself being a mom, grandma, great-grandmother as a claim to intelligent experience---pulleeze,, you just screwed a guy, got pregnant, and then your daughter, and grand daughter did the same;  It boggles the mind how proud she is of those titles, when her family has no other  skills or talents to offer the world, and continue to sponge off of her.  It is hard for me to watch this show, even when there is a guest that I like. 

• Love 6

Whoopi says she hears Raven and Joy. Paula asks "Do you hear me Whoopi?" Whoopi responds "I kinda hear you, I'm getting better at it." Paula says "I love you Whoopi," Whoopi responds "I love you too." Before that when Paula talked about working in the world of sports Whoopi didn't interrupt.

All's right with the world. Or there must have been a meeting.

• Love 2

So true. And that is what I've been thinking of Whoopi for quite a while now. Awards mean nothing when you live your life being mean spirited and full of yourself.

• Love 3

I wish someone would have pointed out that it's more of an issue that the army is lowering their standards for intelligence and mental disorders and criminal history than them allowing women into combat. I guess Raven didn't see that in her quick google search of the topic so she had something to say this morning.

And I'm reading the book "Not Gay", about white straight men engaging in homosexual relationships, and no one would admit it, but a lot of that is already happening in the military. Do you really think that the bromances of men in life or death situations never lead to sex and complicated relationships?

I'm happy Whoopi isn't afraid to point out that Trump's hate speech is similar to Nazi Germany and is not happening in a vacuum. People across the world are seeing this and he is putting lives in jeopardy by poking the terrorists and emboldening the American nutjobs to take action. Just yesterday I heard 3 men practically screaming their bigoted Republican nonsense without a fuck given that my gym has 6,000 members and all different races that could hear them.

It was apropos that Whoopi's monitor was showing GMA since soon we will all be watching GMA while The View should have been on.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

I remember Whoopi on Hollywood Squares. I liked her better back then.

I feel that I have neglected my duties by not posting this on a regular basis - Raven is an idiot.

She can't even pronounce "Mr. Doolittle." LOL

• Love 1

Which Bon Jovi song?

Of course Nick Cannon was right there at the altar of Whoopi, too. Thankfully I've never really liked Nick Cannon and even less after he talked constantly about Mariah Carey after their separation all while she kept silent.

Nick Cannon is a very talented guy.  He must be extremely insecure.  All of his sucking up is SO obvious, SO constant, and I don't think he'll ever be able to wipe that insincere look off his puss.  I assume that's what The Showbiz Powers That Be require.   I do LOVE his sartorial splendor...no matter how ridiculous or over-the-top it gets.

I think there's still something wonky with the forums.  Am I the only one who isn't received "follow" notices?

Medicine Crow, I never did select "follow."  What are the benefits?  Oh...so it's obvious why I can't answer your question.

And do you have a six-section line of type at the bottom of your pages....they start with: Depricated:  ?

Oh sweet baby Jesus, CCB is an idiot. "Only put the best in special ops" ...um.... and no women CCB?

Who on God's earth is medevac'd out for a YEAST INFECTION? And what happened to medical privacy?

Showering once a week eeewww > That should kill the sex ....except on shower day. EWWW. :)

I think women with and without PMS can kick some ass.

And Raven you are not cute with your, "whoop AAHHHH"

• Love 3

Nick Cannon is a very talented guy.  He must be extremely insecure.  All of his sucking up is SO obvious, SO constant, and I don't think he'll ever be able to wipe that insincere look off his puss.  I assume that's what The Showbiz Powers That Be require.   I do LOVE his sartorial splendor...no matter how ridiculous or over-the-top it gets.

Medicine Crow, I never did select "follow."  What are the benefits?  Oh...so it's obvious why I can't answer your question.

And do you have a six-section line of type at the bottom of your pages....they start with: Depricated:  ?

At the top of each forum, there's a blue "flag" called "Follow" ... click on that, click on the little box on top of the "flag" & then click on follow.  Then, every post to selected forums end up in your email inbox.  (Except for now, it isn't happening on any forum!!???)

Re six-section line -- no I don't see that.

Raven has to be stern with her partners about their eating? Wow. NO one should volunteer advice to another adult about eating. I find that rude and infuriating.

IDK how Whoopi got up off the floor after that robot conversation yesterday.... in those heels.... from sitting on the floor.... with no one helping her.

• Love 1