Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Tuscany!

• Start Topic

Kyle claims she has no control over what is shown on RHOBH. So maybe she shouldn't talk about family with cameras present...

She knows that anything she says/does while a camera is present seems to be fair game. Of course she wanted to throw some well deserved shade the Hilton's way.

Avaleigh posted:

I don't believe for a second that Kyle and Mauricio didn't want to talk about the situation on camera. I think they want people to know how ridiculous the Hiltons are being over this grudge over The Agency that has been more and more apparent as the years go by. I don't think there's anything wrong with them being truthful about how Kathy and Rick are treating them. If Kathy and Rick don't want to be seen as petty bitches who don't invite all of one family and want to penalize their nieces for something that they have no control over, then maybe they shouldn't be acting like petty bitches. Just a thought.

Totally.  And the way she basically got Lisa V to do it for her was awesome. 

After telling Lisa she wasn't going to the wedding a week before, at the dinner in Tuscanny she acted like "of course I'm going to the wedding, why wouldn't I?"      Slightly drunk Lisa, with help from Ken who did the roll call around the table  "Are you going?  How about you, are you going?"  did the dirty work for Kyle but  Kyle kept it so she could maintain iit wasn't her that put it on camera.  

Kyle kept saying she didn't want to talk about it, Lisa and Ken kept pushing it and I loved it.  I think Mauricio did too.  At least until the middle, uninvited teenager told everyone to stop talking about it.   

So we all got to hear what tacky assholes the Hilton's [still] are and Kyle could maintain deniability by blaming Lisa later.  Well done Kyle, well done.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 17

That story is a winner!  Kathy looks like she's on her way to the senior citizens' prom, and leave it to the Daily Mail to gild the lily with superlatives. 

A wise old woman once told me that you never read about "real" society in the newspaper.  They have too much class to advertise themselves.   

• Love 13

That story is a winner!  Kathy looks like she's on her way to the senior citizens' prom, and leave it to the Daily Mail to gild the lily with superlatives. 

A wise old woman once told me that you never read about "real" society in the newspaper.  They have too much class to advertise themselves.   

That IS the difference, this section of the Hilton family has NO CLASS! LOL

• Love 6

I finally got around to watching this week's episode today, and I found it as boring as last week's.  I'm not a fan of LisaV and while I don't dislike her I do think she tends to come off as a snob.  That said, she provided the only bright spot this week just like she did last week.  Last week it was her throwing out the first pitch at Dodger Stadium.  This week it was her planning to buy a miniature horse for Ken.  I enjoyed both of those scenes.

I did think it was interesting after all the discussions we had last season about Eileen's house and LisaR's parents that they seem to making an effort to change our impressions of them.  Even though there's too much stuff in it, I don't mind Eileen's house.  She does have a few very nice pieces.  I did get a bad impression of LisaR and her daughters after last season's visit "back home" so her phone call and lack of follow up regarding her father's health doesn't make her effort seem sincere to me.

As for Kyle and the whole wedding fiasco, I couldn't care less.  I have no interest in the Hiltons and even though Kyle didn't break down and weep (as usual) about being disinvited to the wedding, I already knew she went so that whole scenario was a waste of time.  I will say that I do believe Kyle really loves Maurico but I don't think I'd go to my niece's wedding if my husband wasn't invited.  Then again, Porsha was in the bridal party so that's a good reason to attend.

ETA:   I didn't comment on Yolanda because I have nothing to say about her except I don't want to see another HW's season focused on whether or not someone is really ill.   I do have to say I thought it was really odd that Eileen and LisaR would check out Yolanda's "closet of drugs."  WTF?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Paris and Kathy the week of the wedding.  Paris looks stunning, Kathy might want to rethink that dress:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3154653/Paris-Hilton-boyfriend-Thomas-Gross-step-Hiltons-London-hits-family-LA.html

Say what you will about Paris...and I do not like her at all...she does look stunning and has a fabulous body.  A while ago there was a picture of Paris in a dark haired wig and the resemblance to Kyle was amazing.  Kathy is just a fashion don't.  I do think she's an attractive woman but I don't recall her ever wearing anything attractive.

• Love 6

Kyle was only allowed to go to the wedding because Nicky really wanted Porsha as the flower girl. Otherwise, none of Kyle's family, or Kyle, would have been invited.

Lisa has clearly stopped giving AF about etiquette or how she appears on camera. I don't think Lisa in past seasons would have ever questioned Kyle 1) on camera, 2) in front of her children or, 3) so doggedly. She has clearly given up her values to be relevant on the show. She knows without stirring up issues, TPTB will go digging into her life trying to invent/unearth issues. I also think she's super passive aggressive and is STILL holding a grudge against Kyle and is taking her anger out on her.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 6

I'm not saying the Hiltons are poor, but that article gave me no reason to think they have anywhere close to $100 million. It said something like, "they are on their way" to that amount. Yeah so am I! It will take me a few more years. Ha ha.

I think Kyle is close to her nieces, but not AS close as she thinks she is. One thing about Kyle I don't think anyone can dispute- Kyle really loves her daughters, they are her world. Nicky purposely excluded Kyle's daughters from a big life event. She should not have gone. She was slapped in the face.

Nicky didn't care that she missed Farrah's graduation. They all treat Kyle horribly.

Exactly.  Anyone, and I do mean ANYONE who treats my children like that would get honey badgered..  Family or not.  I'd evaluate my relationship with all of them and distance myself.  Kyle's fulfillment should be in her own husband and daughters, not her sisters and their kids who don't value them in the same way.

There are family members that are so used to getting their asses kissed and family members so used to groveling.  Kyle may have had to rely on Kathy years ago but she has no reason to any longer.  No reason to seek her approval.  I wish she'd get some professional help and really take in outside observation and see how she's being played like a fiddle.

• Love 10

Kyle was only allowed to go to the wedding because Nicky really wanted Porsha as the flower girl. Otherwise, none of Kyle's family, or Kyle, would have been invited.

FArrah, Kyle's oldest daughter, was in the wedding.

Long before Real Houswives started Kyle was always giving sound bites defending Paris to anyone who would ask.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

I also don't think that Kyle is close to Nikki and Paris. Kathy is certainly not close to Kyle's kids that they weren't invited to the wedding. Plus, Kathy didn't show up at any of Kyle's kids events (but as noticed, Kyle goes to their stuff). 

Maybe dick fights are common in BH, makes sense. Remember when Taylor's husband Rus was not invited to Mahammod's house for some party because of a business fall out? Taylor was like, "I don't care, I don't turn down fancy parties!"

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2

I remember Kyle being the main family member doing the television rounds when Paris got into her mess and got arrested and taken to jail. I always had the impression that Paris thought of her as her fun young aunt. Nicky isn't in people's faces as much as her sister is so it's harder to tell with her about all of this. 

Say what you will about Paris...and I do not like her at all...she does look stunning and has a fabulous body.  A while ago there was a picture of Paris in a dark haired wig and the resemblance to Kyle was amazing.  Kathy is just a fashion don't.  I do think she's an attractive woman but I don't recall her ever wearing anything attractive.

I think Kyle's daughters mostly resemble their fathers. Sophia reminds me of Kyle a little when she was younger only with a different body. With Paris and even Whitney a little I can see a family resemblance. 

Exactly.  Anyone, and I do mean ANYONE who treats my children like that would get honey badgered..  Family or not.  I'd evaluate my relationship with all of them and distance myself.  Kyle's fulfillment should be in her own husband and daughters, not her sisters and their kids who don't value them in the same way.

There are family members that are so used to getting their asses kissed and family members so used to groveling.  Kyle may have had to rely on Kathy years ago but she has no reason to any longer.  No reason to seek her approval.  I wish she'd get some professional help and really take in outside observation and see how she's being played like a fiddle.

You can bet your ass that Kathy and Rick would take it super personally if say, their "difficult" son Barron were banned from Farrah's wedding. Or Rick and Barron together. It's so ridiculous and it exposes them for what jerks they are. And now Kathy is supposedly upset that this shit made it into the show. Good grief. 

They say no children were invited but that still doesn't explain the slight to Alexia who is of age and was allowed to attend Brooke's wedding where everyone was apparently welcome and all of the female cousins got to participate...not that there weren't issues there too initially lol. 

Totally.  And the way she basically got Lisa V to do it for her was awesome. 

After telling Lisa she wasn't going to the wedding a week before, at the dinner in Tuscanny she acted like "of course I'm going to the wedding, why wouldn't I?"      Slightly drunk Lisa, with help from Ken who did the roll call around the table  "Are you going?  How about you, are you going?"  did the dirty work for Kyle but  Kyle kept it so she could maintain iit wasn't her that put it on camera.  

Kyle kept saying she didn't want to talk about it, Lisa and Ken kept pushing it and I loved it.  I think Mauricio did too.  At least until the middle, uninvited teenager told everyone to stop talking about it.   

So we all got to hear what tacky assholes the Hilton's [still] are and Kyle could maintain deniability by blaming Lisa later.  Well done Kyle, well done.  

Yep. Again, Kyle isn't as dumb has been so frequently claimed in the past.

Nicky didn't care that she missed Farrah's graduation. They all treat Kyle horribly.

I understand that college isn't for everyone but it's interesting that Kyle is the only sister who has a child that has her undergrad. (And it's her eldest child. The next in line is also currently attending suggesting that the other two will be encouraged to attend as well. Heh, maybe not Portia.) Kimberley is on her way so that's nice but I don't think any of the Hilton clan bothered with college. I want to say the same is true for Kim's brood save Kimberley.  

And while I'm adding things up regarding possible issues of jealousy between the sisters--I wonder if Kathy is resenting how she's being forced to look after Kim more than usual (including financially) now that Kyle has (finally, thankfully!) taken a backseat to being involved with Kim's ungrateful ass. Kyle and Mauricio seem like they were a major support system for Kim for years and even Kim admits it so I'm sure Kathy is feeling the difference now that Kyle isn't involved as much/at all.

I get the impression that Kathy is a kind of Lady Bountiful with people anyway. Maybe they all have a bit of that in them when I think of that reality show that thankfully didn't amount to anything where they're feeding homeless people and asking them if they want "an opportunity". 

• Love 8

The dynamic between Kyle and her sisters is not particularly unusual. Siblings have rivalries and loyalties in all families. Power may shift with age. I have sisters and our relationships have often been in flux. It's a common theme in fiction.

• Love 6

There I some irony to the Hilton' choices regarding who from the Umansky family can attend the wedding and the why of the disinvite.  According to E! the disinvite occurred after Kathy sent legal notice to Kyle she did not want to be portrayed in an unflattering light in Kyle's upcoming TVLand sitcom.  I cannot think of anything that writers could write that could make Kathy look bad as a fictional teenager that compare with the layer of the onion being peeled away to reveal what a bitch Kathy can be.  Her stunts surrounding the wedding have given her and her daughter Nicky far more negative publicity than any sitcom ever could.  This idea that Kathy lords over family members with invites and NFI and disinvites is indicative of what a imperialistic bitch she can be.  The Hiltons aren't royalty, ladies, lords, earls, countess, contessas or even barons -granted there are a few Barrons but that was a maiden name of the matriarch.

The article with the Kathy is the tacky dress was really about who is Paris dating.  One can only hope she marries this fine Swiss businessman, Thomas Gross.  Then she will forever known as Paris Hilton Gross not quite the ring Nicky Hilton Rothschild has to it but I think "Paris Hilton Gross" would work for headline writers everywhere.

• Love 21

I have to say that it makes me even more curious to see the scripted series when before I wasn't all that interested, I just thought it would be a great opportunity for Kyle. Now I wonder if there aren't going to be a few juicy details hidden in all the fiction. There's a reason Kathy is nervous and we already know that Kathy has objected in the past about Kyle putting certain info out there like how Kyle often talks about how she'd drive around without a license because their mom said it was okay.

I'm assuming the sibling rivalry will be included in the show. How could it not be if it really is semi autobiographical?

• Love 10

Bolding mine

There I some irony to the Hilton' choices regarding who from the Umansky family can attend the wedding and the why of the disinvite.  According to E! the disinvite occurred after Kathy sent legal notice to Kyle she did not want to be portrayed in an unflattering light in Kyle's upcoming TVLand sitcom.  I cannot think of anything that writers could write that could make Kathy look bad as a fictional teenager that compare with the layer of the onion being peeled away to reveal what a bitch Kathy can be.  Her stunts surrounding the wedding have given her and her daughter Nicky far more negative publicity than any sitcom ever could.  This idea that Kathy lords over family members with invites and NFI and disinvites is indicative of what a imperialistic bitch she can be.  The Hiltons aren't royalty, ladies, lords, earls, countess, contessas or even barons -granted there are a few Barrons but that was a maiden name of the matriarch.

The article with the Kathy is the tacky dress was really about who is Paris dating.  One can only hope she marries this fine Swiss businessman, Thomas Gross.  Then she will forever known as Paris Hilton Gross not quite the ring Nicky Hilton Rothschild has to it but I think "Paris Hilton Gross" would work for headline writers everywhere.

And as an added bonus when she is in an alphabetical list her name would read, Gross, Paris.

She looks very nice but that she looks so deliberately posed in every shot, to me, is really off-putting.

• Love 13

Welcome to the board!  And thanks for your professional assessment of Yo's dental procedure and clarifying about a tooth being extracted but crowns being replaced as well.  Unfortunately, Yo always seems to cause confusion with her statements about her illness(s) and procedures.  I never trust anything she says in this regard.

Yeah, Bravo editors got it wrong by labeling Dr.  Hill as Yo's Oral Surgeon.  Did a quick google.  She's a DDS. 

I'm not familiar with 'conscience sedation'.  Whenever I went to the oral surgeon I was sedated - knocked out sedated...   

Anyway, thanks again and don't be a lurker.

Ahh yes, but it sounds so much more serious if Yo is seeing a oral surgeon rather than filming a trip to the dentist.  We all have dentists; we don't all have work done by an oral surgeon.

I never thought he was calling her fat. But he did say she wasn't fashionable enough to wear the dress Lisa picked out for her, which was quite rude. And it seemed rather silly, considering Lisa and Kyle were both wearing "mumus" in Tuscany. 

The no-child thing is pure BS, IMO. It makes no sense. One daughter is 19 and the other is 15. (I get Sophia and Alexia mixed up.) Those aren't children! So either the Hiltons have some other reason for not wanting them there and made up this joke of an excuse, or it was Kyle/Mauricio trying to spare the girls' feelings. 

Yea, he definitely said it. The question is - when, and in what context? It's quite possible David said it and meant it, but thought he was out the door and couldn't be heard? Or perhaps Yo asked him something else as he was leaving. "Will you be home for dinner?" and he said, "No" on his way out. 

Speaking of, what are their living arrangements? Somehow I don't see David coming home to her condo of suffering and parasites on a nightly basis. Is he living alone out in the lemon house? Hmmmmm

Hilarious phrasing!!  First it was Yolanda's Fridge, next came Yolanda's CVS Closet and now this.  Of course she lives in a Condo of Suffering and Parasites.  Perhaps Condo of Suffering for short :-D

• Love 10

Paris and Kathy the week of the wedding.  Paris looks stunning, Kathy might want to rethink that dress:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3154653/Paris-Hilton-boyfriend-Thomas-Gross-step-Hiltons-London-hits-family-LA.html

Oh wow. 

I don't know what looks worse, that hideous dress or her "casual" look.  Jeans with white heels have been a fashion joke since the 80s!     And that hat and the scarf tied to her bag.  Oh god no, just no.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Yep, Ghoulina, the "Condo of Suffering and Parasites" is absolutely hilarious!!! And I also enjoy "House of Lemon". Too Funny!

Just  one comment about the Hilton family, especially Kathy.  Who in the world invites 2 of their nieces to be in a wedding while the others are not?  I would just have had to say no to the whole wedding business.  Farrah could have been a bridesmaid because she's a grown woman, but I would not have allowed Portia anywhere NEAR that frickin' wedding AT ALL.  It's just so rude!

• Love 6

A dentist is trained to do some surgery, and that surgery would always be oral wouldn't it, even if it was just dental implants. Yolanda obviously didn't have a cleft palate fixed, she had crowns replaced and dental implants, whatever, it could still be considered "oral" "surgery", just not "oral surgery".

• Love 4

I always laugh at these women when they travel because of the ridiculous amounts of luggage they bring, not to mention what they wear while traveling.  I went to Europe for a week with nothing more than a carry on bag and wandered around in sneakers for comfort, not teetering stiletto heels.  I also didn't pack any makeup but I'm not from Beverly Hills so I have no qualms about appearing in public without it.

Thank you. I always thought (and still believe) that those who travel with inordinate amounts of luggage are inexperienced rubes who've never crossed the state line. Also, anytime I've travelled outside the country, I've never, EVER seen a silly ho tourist [middle-aged, or otherwise] "teetering [on] stiletto heels." Ha! Good luck trying to navigate the landscape of the Amalfi Coast in anything BUT sneakers, tevas, or sensible flats. So weird. They must REALLY look ridiculous to the locals. 

• Love 3

I (mid-40s) think that when a woman is "over a certain age," she cares less and less about this kind of bullshit. I look awful with short hair (or, correction, when I had it short--think Rosemary's Baby--it looked awful after two weeks because my hair grows super-fast). I doubt that's gonna change with age, and I like being able to pull it all back from my face sometimes, which I can't do if it's too short. So long and unnaturally colored (whether blond or my favorite Manic Panic dark blue and/or purple) it shall remain until my dying day (perhaps it will take the focus off the tattoos that often prompt people to ask, "But what will you do about those when you're old?" I dunno; same thing I do with them now?).

LOVE and happiness are oozing from every pore of my body right now! Preach, Girl! 

• Love 3

Wire-my apologies, Kyle is saying she was more like a sister but she takes her role as an aunt seriously.  I hate to say it Kyle but many people have 15 year old aunts.  All it says is your sister was 25 years old when she had her second child.  By the time those kids were 4years old and 7 years old you were a mom. 

Kyle gives convoluted blog.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-it-was-a-difficult-time

• Love 3

Why would anyone plan a trip to Tuscany at that time of year when it was so hot and the mosquitoes were so bad? We travel a lot and always check out the weather when planning trips. For instance, we're going to Savannah, GA with some friends in late January-early February when the weather will be mild and not so hot and humid like it is in the summer. Apparently, the great holiday planner, Mauricio, isn't so great at planning. I do have to say that I really like Kyle and Mauricio and their children. Her sisters, Kim and Kathy? Ugh. 

• Love 3

Oh wow. 

I don't know what looks worse, that hideous dress or her "casual" look.  Jeans with white heels have been a fashion joke since the 80s!     And that hat and the scarf tied to her bag.  Oh god no, just no.  

My God - the woman is 56 and looks like she's 76!!!  Why such matronly outfits?  Her clothes, although I assume are expensive, they look so damn matronly! 

• Love 4

Why would anyone plan a trip to Tuscany at that time of year when it was so hot and the mosquitoes were so bad? We travel a lot and always check out the weather when planning trips. For instance, we're going to Savannah, GA with some friends in late January-early February when the weather will be mild and not so hot and humid like it is in the summer. Apparently, the great holiday planner, Mauricio, isn't so great at planning. I do have to say that I really like Kyle and Mauricio and their children. Her sisters, Kim and Kathy? Ugh. 

I think they planned it to coincide with Nicky's wedding.  Also, they probably wanted to go when school was on vacation since it was a family trip.  And at a time when Mauricio felt he could be away from his work.  I don't think this is any reflection on Mauricio's planning skills.  It's not easy to schedule a family vacation no matter how much money you have.

I agree re Kyle and Mauricio.  I've always liked them a lot.  Kim and Kathy not so much, and even less as time goes by.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 9

The average summertime (the warmest) is 86 degrees. Not exactly sweltering.  Compared to Palm Springs and 100+ and more like 110 I would hardly call that hot.

• Love 3

A dentist is trained to do some surgery, and that surgery would always be oral wouldn't it, even if it was just dental implants. Yolanda obviously didn't have a cleft palate fixed, she had crowns replaced and dental implants, whatever, it could still be considered "oral" "surgery", just not "oral surgery".

Bravo (on the lower third) had:  Dr. Hill, Yolanda's Oral Surgeon.  This is how this discussion got started.  Dr. Hill is a DDS, otherwise known simply as a dentist.  She is not a specialist as it was stated. An oral surgeon is different from a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery).  An Oral Surgeon, properly called an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, receives quite a bit more training and is Board Certified and performs surgery involving the whole oral area including the jaw, etc. 

• Love 6

Maybe the whole Kathy inviting, dis-inviting, re-inviting...just comes down to money.

Kathy expected to be paid and Bravo said no. She dis-invited Kyle because she doesn't want Kyle's Instagram photos of the wedding going up and not getting anything out of it.

• Love 1

I finally got around to watching my recording.

Lisa R and Lisa V are so very cute together. I want to go to Ohio with them to pick up the pony. I hope that is an upcoming episode, Lucy & Ethel hit the road!

Kyle stole the white bedspread from my guest room and wore it to the pool. I felt bad for her daughters who got to sit there while Mom told the world they were not invited to the wedding at Kensington Palace.

Yolonda told her healthcare worker to show her meds to Eileen and Lisa R. She had to have done that, in order to show the world that yes, she's really sick. Sorry that backfired on you, Yo.

• Love 8

If the average temp is 86, why were they all complaining about how hot it was? And looking so sweaty? I guess Tuscany was having an unusual heat wave. 

The average high temp is 86-so it would make sense they didn't retrofit centuries old villas with central air.  I think you are right-heat wave. 

I know how the Hiltons abhor publicity about their family and yet here is Nicky posting a photo (wearing silly little hats) with another RH star-Bethenny Frankel.  https://www.instagram.com/p/_FbsfnDXc7/?taken-by=nickyhilton  Maybe it is time to drop the pretense they are above the RH franchise.

• Love 2

I don't think Nicky is mean or distant to Kyle. They seem to have a good relationship, which is obviously being tested now. I also don't think Nicky should be lumped in with the other Hiltons. I really can't think of anything too negative I've read about her - can't say the same for her mom, her dad, her sister, both of her brothers. She seems to love her immediate family and I can understand why she would side with her dad over Mauricio, even though I don't agree with it. And it seems no one in the Richards or Hilton family will ever stand up to Kathy.

• Love 5

Because they want us to think they are wealthy enough to vacation on the Mediterranean and the Amalfi coast, they just don't want us to realize they can only afford to do it "off season"?  Tho I'm sure they will say it had to do with the real estate market or the timing of the Hilton/Rothschild wedding.

Wire-my apologies, Kyle is saying she was more like a sister but she takes her role as an aunt seriously.  I hate to say it Kyle but many people have 15 year old aunts.  All it says is your sister was 25 years old when she had her second child.  By the time those kids were 4years old and 7 years old you were a mom. 

Kyle gives convoluted blog.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-it-was-a-difficult-time

OMG how many more times will we hear "All families go through rough times" from Kyle?  Yes, that may be true, but not like the Richards family!  Sheesh! and we've only been subjected to 6yrs of this "rough patch".

I think it bugs the bejeezus out of Mo how easily Kyle is manipulated by her sisters.

• Love 6

Because they want us to think they are wealthy enough to vacation on the Mediterranean and the Amalfi coast, they just don't want us to realize they can only afford to do it "off season"?  Tho I'm sure they will say it had to do with the real estate market or the timing of the Hilton/Rothschild wedding.

They went in July the high season for travel-not the dead of winter.

OMG how many more times will we hear "All families go through rough times" from Kyle?  Yes, that may be true, but not like the Richards family!  Sheesh! and we've only been subjected to 6yrs of this "rough patch".

I think it bugs the bejeezus out of Mo how easily Kyle is manipulated by her sisters.

I am always amazed they come together as a family at all.  They don't seem to honestly enjoy each other.  Clearly Kathy and Kim have different family value when it come to raising children than Kyle.

• Love 10

They went to Tuscany when it fit Bravo's production schedule for the show, since they were likely footing the bill (as they do for all the HW "adventures").

I don't think Bravo footed the bill for the yacht this time since they only filmed briefly in port .  Definitely picked up the tab for the Villa and the Ferrari, Mauricio made a pretty big deal over the yacht just being for the family.   Lisa and Ken were whisked off by a luxury helicopter and I don't see Bravo footing the bill for that one either.   Unlike Atlanta or New Jersey I think these some of these ladies have lived large for a long time.

• Love 9

LOVE and happiness are oozing from every pore of my body right now! Preach, Girl! 

I am actually sitting on my 44-year-old ass right now wondering if should add some streaks to my bleached-blond (though in a nondescript shade that easily passes for natural thanks to my hair lady and my lightish eyebrows). Half of me says yes; the adult half says, "ugh, then I have to deal with the blue mess made by Miss Forever Young over here."

Also, long is just much easier for the lazy, hair-inept girl to deal with...not that Kyle has to worry much about doing her own hair. 

• Love 2

I finally got around to watching my recording.

Lisa R and Lisa V are so very cute together. I want to go to Ohio with them to pick up the pony. I hope that is an upcoming episode, Lucy & Ethel hit the road!

Kyle stole the white bedspread from my guest room and wore it to the pool. I felt bad for her daughters who got to sit there while Mom told the world they were not invited to the wedding at Kensington Palace.

Yolonda told her healthcare worker to show her meds to Eileen and Lisa R. She had to have done that, in order to show the world that yes, she's really sick. Sorry that backfired on you, Yo.

Lisa R doesn't bother me at all, but now I giggle when I see her and think Sphincter Lips.

Love Ronnie Karam who does the Watch What Crappens Podcast and the TrashTalkTV recaps. He called Kyle's outfits - Muffin Top Wraps

As for Eileen being totally team Yolanda...I wonder if this has more to do with the guilt she has over the loss of her sister. Am I crazy...I seem to recall on Eileen's first season that she spoke of this sister....wanting to go the Holistic way in treating her illness.

• Love 2

The whole premise of Kyle needing to borrow a dress from Lisa for the wedding was so contrived, and was just a way of bringing another housewife (Lisa) into a story that is essentially Kyle's alone, thereby making it a Real Housewives story. Kyle is a rich woman with her own clothing store. In what world would she need to or choose to borrow a dress from someone else? Furthermore, if I bought into the premise that Kyle was borrowing a dress from Lisa (which I obviously don't), wouldn't she go over to Lisa's house to look through her closet in order to mutually decide on a dress to wear to this event? Why would she leave it up to Lisa to select the dress?

Edited by bencr
  • Love 12

The entire "Kyle needs a dress from Lisa" was a set up so Kyle could talk about being disinvited to the wedding, IMO.  There is no reason in the world Kyle would need Lisa to loan her a dress, especially since Lisa is taller so any dress would be 3 inches too long for Kyle.  The dress thing was an excuse to bring up the disinvitation, and it was not the least bit subtle.

Kyle also brought the dress up at dinner in order to get Lisa started on her reading of the Richards sisters family dysfunctions.  She wanted Lisa to do her dirty work in getting the whole thing out there while still being able to defend herself to her sisters with, "I TOLD Lisa I didn't want to talk about it, but she wouldn't stop, it's not my fault!"

And I'm pretty damned sure Lisa and Kyle were totally in cahoots with that whole set-up, and planned it all to go down that way.  This way, Kyle put the shameful family behavior on blast, while still superficially keeping her hands clean, and Lisa got some juicy scenery chewing.  They all knew exactly what they were doing and played their parts perfectly, except Kyle forgot to consider how her daughters would feel.

• Love 11
As for Eileen being totally team Yolanda...I wonder if this has more to do with the guilt she has over the loss of her sister. Am I crazy...I seem to recall on Eileen's first season that she spoke of this sister....wanting to go the Holistic way in treating her illness.

Yes, she said in her TH that her sister didn't tell them she was sick, and when she finally did, and she had the same kind of closet.  I'm sure this is bringing up all kinds of emotions for Eileen.

• Love 3

I'm curious to know if Portia really was the only underage guest. I'd be willing to bet there were some underage people from the Rothschild side of the family. 

They all knew exactly what they were doing and played their parts perfectly, except Kyle forgot to consider how her daughters would feel.

I think the daughters were playing their part too actually.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 7

The entire "Kyle needs a dress from Lisa" was a set up so Kyle could talk about being disinvited to the wedding, IMO.  There is no reason in the world Kyle would need Lisa to loan her a dress, especially since Lisa is taller so any dress would be 3 inches too long for Kyle.  The dress thing was an excuse to bring up the disinvitation, and it was not the least bit subtle.

Kyle also brought the dress up at dinner in order to get Lisa started on her reading of the Richards sisters family dysfunctions.  She wanted Lisa to do her dirty work in getting the whole thing out there while still being able to defend herself to her sisters with, "I TOLD Lisa I didn't want to talk about it, but she wouldn't stop, it's not my fault!"

And I'm pretty damned sure Lisa and Kyle were totally in cahoots with that whole set-up, and planned it all to go down that way.  This way, Kyle put the shameful family behavior on blast, while still superficially keeping her hands clean, and Lisa got some juicy scenery chewing.  They all knew exactly what they were doing and played their parts perfectly, except Kyle forgot to consider how her daughters would feel.

At some point for brevity that have to use a plot device to roll thing along.  Kyle had already said Kathy was unhappy with the sitcom.  My guess is since Ken and Lisa were going for a shorter period of time transporting a formal dress might have been more practical for them rather than Kyle taking it on the yacht and going against her husband's demand for efficiency.  Mostly I think they just wanted  to show Kyle's life with her sisters continues to be in turmoil.  I think Kyle was a little disappointed Lisa didn't bring the dress.  It must have been some kind of issue because she ended up wearing pants to the wedding.    http://www.inquisitr.com/2244325/kyle-richards-wears-pantsuit-to-nicky-hiltons-wedding-kim-richards-daughter-serve-as-bridesmaid-photos/

• Love 2

Last July was extraordinarily hot in Florence and the countryside.   Usually mid 80's but this past July it was in the 100's.   My neighbor does a cooking class there every year and I remember when she got back complaining it was just too damn hot to cook.

• Love 4

Nicky being "shocked" that this is being talked about on the show is such nonsense. I personally think it's more shocking to exclude two cousins out of the same family on the grounds that they weren't inviting underage guests only to turn around and break that rule for the sister of said excluded cousins. That's on top of not allowing a close family member to have a plus one (her husband) because of a grudge they want to claim doesn't exist when everything in their behavior speaks to the contrary. The fact that this even trickled down to Nicky's wedding when the Agency grudge doesn't even have anything to do with her makes it crystal clear that Rick and Kathy were/are pissed, feel that they were burned, and aren't planning on getting over it any time soon. Grudges seem to fester in that family and they hang on to pretty much everything good and bad. 

Zoeysmom, ITA with what you said too about Nicky being fine with using Kyle's connection to the show to promote her own stuff. It seems tacky to do that to a friend let alone an aunt. (ETA: Just to be clear I mean it's tacky to invite somebody to a wedding and tell them that they can't bring their husband.)

It's like, 'Thank you for letting me use your TV gig so that I could shill my book. You're the best aunt ever, seriously. Please come to my wedding, I really want you to be there. No, your husband can't come, you know how my parents feel about his business being successful... Thanks for understanding, you're so good about that. Back to the invites. Your eldest isn't your husband's child so she can come and you know what, she can even be in the bridal party! That's what a generous cousin I am. Your youngest can come too because she's innocent and *truthfully* I just really want to have a flower girl and she's the only little girl I know who's the right age. Lucky for both of us your youngest is super cute. Yeah, I can't have any children at my wedding though so your adult teen daughter and fifteen year old won't be permitted to attend...Great, so we're all good? I'll see you in London! See if your friend Lisa will let you borrow a dress, it's going to be swanky! 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 15

I can't hate Nicky, as far as I know she's never done or said anything objectionable. Nicky being loyal to her father is not unreasonable, even if her father is being unreasonable. Fathers are far more important than an uncle by marriage. And I don't think Rick Hilton really is exceptionally unreasonable, he gave that cushy real estate job to Maurice-o because he was family, and I can see why he had an expectation that Maurice-o wouldn't steal his clients and employees, because Rick Hilton is family. It was a Hilton family and Rothschild family event, a thieving Umansky wasn't owed anything.

Edited by Kokapetl

Nicky being "shocked" that this is being talked about on the show is such nonsense. I personally think it's more shocking to exclude two cousins out of the same family on the grounds that they weren't inviting underage guests only to turn around and break that rule for the sister of said excluded cousins. That's on top of not allowing a close family member to have a plus one (her husband) because of a grudge they want to claim doesn't exist when everything in their behavior speaks to the contrary. The fact that this even trickled down to Nicky's wedding when the Agency grudge doesn't even have anything to do with her makes it crystal clear that Rick and Kathy were/are pissed, feel that they were burned, and aren't planning on getting over it any time soon. Grudges seem to fester in that family and they hang on to pretty much everything good and bad.

Zoeysmom, ITA with what you said too about Nicky being fine with using Kyle's connection to the show to promote her own stuff. It seems tacky to do that to a friend let alone an aunt. (ETA: Just to be clear I mean it's tacky to invite somebody to a wedding and tell them that they can't bring their husband.)

It's like, 'Thank you for letting me use your TV gig so that I could shill my book. You're the best aunt ever, seriously. Please come to my wedding, I really want you to be there. No, your husband can't come, you know how my parents feel about his business being successful... Thanks for understanding, you're so good about that. Back to the invites. Your eldest isn't your husband's child so she can come and you know what, she can even be in the bridal party! That's what a generous cousin I am. Your youngest can come too because she's innocent and *truthfully* I just really want to have a flower girl and she's the only little girl I know who's the right age. Lucky for both of us your youngest is super cute. Yeah, I can't have any children at my wedding though so your adult teen daughter and fifteen year old won't be permitted to attend...Great, so we're all good? I'll see you in London! See if your friend Lisa will let you borrow a dress, it's going to be swanky!

Love your post Avaleigh. Kyle knows the show disturbs the Hiltons, but too bad. If they treated Kyle and Mauricio better they'd be hearing nothing but praise from LisaV and Kyle. They knew full well by dissing Kyle there's a good chance it will be on little sis's reality show to be talked about all season long. Now Nicki wants to pile on her mother's criticism. It's going to backfire when Kyle does her new scripted show. Hilton's better be scared cause it's all coming back in spades. Kathy and family better STFU because Kyle has stories for at least a decade long about how messed up the Hilton side of the family is!!! ;-)

Hear this Kathy Hilton...

kylemean.gif?itok=HTArypBy

Edited by talula
  • Love 6