Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Tuscany!

• Start Topic

Nancy and Brandon Davis are part of Kim's former in-laws.  They are related to Chad and Whitney.  Marvin Davis the patriarch was a billionaire oil man and owned I believed Fox Studios at one time.  They are one strange group of people. 

Brandon was also part of Paris' posse back in the mid-2000s, most famous for calling Lindsay Lohan a "firecrotch" during one of her & Paris' feuds

(I could not get enough pop culture back in the Balenciaga/huge-sunglass days)

http://gawker.com/174466/brandon-davis-expresses-himself-on-the-matter-of-lindsay-lohan

• Love 7

I don't think Nicky would have been in the lurch without a flower girl, looks like there were 2 (or more) other flower girls in the wedding.  It wouldn't have mattered if Kyle pulled her out. 

Let's be honest, Kyle wanted to go to a Rothschild wedding. 

That's the bottom line.  She wanted to go to a fabulous Euro wedding of billionaires.  The money of the the Rothschilds (and the Goldsmiths, and Guniesses - family members to the Rothschilds) make the Hiltons look poor.  How rich are the Hiltons anyway??  I am sure Rick makes good money, but wasn't most of the old family money left to charity?

It is terrible that Nicky only invited half of a family to the wedding.  But she seems like a bitch anyway, so par for the course.  She is her mother's daughter, and Kathy seems like a real asshole.

Any time a last minute change is made to the wedding party, there is going to be added stress to the bride. Maybe she wouldn't be in the lurch specifically (I honestly just like that phrase), but it would have been an issue. It would have been a reason for everyone to say that Kyle was putting her own selfishness above the needs of the bride. I suspect that even some viewers would accuse her of making it all about her - and I know her sisters would. 

As for Kyle only caring about going to a Rothschild wedding, I flat out disagree. I think Kyle wants to be at the weddings of all of her nieces because she loves them and is close to them. If it were simply about it being a Rothschild wedding, I am pretty sure Kyle would have gladly skipped Brook's wedding in Mexico to avoid all of the Kim drama that went down there and only planned to be at this particular wedding because of the name attached to it. Nothing we have seen suggests that it is only because Nicki is marrying a Rothschild that Kyle attended. 

• Love 18

David's first wife had alcohol/substance abuse problems.  He probably recognizes when a person isn't going to commit to receiving real help.

According to B.J. Cook (David's first wife), she states David wanted her to stop her career, stay home and have more babies. She wasn't an alcoholic nor did she have any addiction problems during their marriage. She also mentions her life was to put David out there and get his career going. David is quoted here in this article I have linked here. This is just a small portion of the article, but it mentions the end of the David Foster marriage to his first wife. By the way, this was his first marriage, but it wasn't his first relationship. He had a child with another woman before he married B.J. Cook. His other ex-wife, Linda Thompson didn't have any chronic illnesses or addiction issues, only her love for plastic surgery. His other ex-wife, Rebecca, was a model. I don't believe she had any addictions or chronic illnesses. I still maintain the marriages come to an end because of his asshole ways:

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=fa5f674c-32e4-4c02-955c-4043d37e6c45

This has an old photo of David and a video:

http://www.olografix.org/krees/dfnet2/?p=302

Following Skylark's breakup, Foster set out to become a freelance studio musician. She and Foster had married before she became pregnant with her second child, Amy. Cook, who suffered from endometriosis, had believed she was infertile and imagined they'd have a life together in music. But after Amy was born, things changed.

"David wanted his wife to stay home and have babies and cook and clean," she said.

Although it wasn't the life she wanted, Cook -- deeply in love -- tried be to a traditional wife until Amy was four. Then she decided she'd had enough.

"I tried, I did... [but] I ended up just hating his guts and thinking he was an a--hole," she said. "I didn't want to be at home raising a kid. I wanted to be at the sessions." Even as a hausfrau, Cook proved useful to Foster. She became his personal administrator, organizing his new life as an L.A. session musician. Foster, she remembers, was initially frustrated with the paltry gigs he was doing, such as being a rehearsal pianist for future Charlie's Angel Cheryl Ladd, then an aspiring singer.

His career finally blasted off when he was invited to a weekly jam session hosted by Jim Keltner, a famed drummer who'd played with members of the Rolling Stones and the Beatles.

At first Foster was unsure whether to accept the invite. Cook encouraged him to go, believing it might be a way of getting his name out. It turned out the sessions were frequented by 1970s rock royalty, including George Harrison, Harry Nilsson and Danny Kortchmar.

Foster didn't return from the jam session until the next morning at 8 a.m. It turned out the gang was impressed with Foster's chops. Immediately, his day-timer was full.

"My function," said Cook, "was to get David's life started, to put him on the road." This might seem a brash statement, given Foster's subsequent success -- which includes holding senior executive positions at Atlantic Records and Warner Music. Yet the sentiment is echoed by many interviewees. Hawkins, for instance, believes Cook's music experience and street smarts were crucial in helping Foster ascend the ladder. Her friend Prakash John says: "I know that she singlehandedly -- I'll go out on a limb here -- made David Foster what he is today." Foster himself is quick to give his ex-wife credit.

"I think I was destined to do well, but she certainly short-cutted it for me," he said. "She introduced me to so many things and taught me so much about life and also about the music business." Today, Foster and Cook's relationship has healed to the point where they're friends once again. She often travels from city to city, helping her ex-husband scout out new talent for his David Foster and Friends fund-raising concerts.

"If she asks me to listen to something, I'll listen," said Foster, praising her acute ear for talent. "And I might not for 99 other people." Yet Cook says after they split up in 1981, he was angry at her for years. Following their separation, Foster gave her the rights to a few of his songs; however, they were mostly B-listers in the earning department. The exception was the 1978 disco hit Got to Be Real, which Foster co-wrote. Used as the theme song for national commercial campaigns by Clairol, Hanes and KIA, its royalities alone earn Cook a comfortable living.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I don't think Nicky would have been in the lurch without a flower girl, looks like there were 2 (or more) other flower girls in the wedding.  It wouldn't have mattered if Kyle pulled her out. 

Let's be honest, Kyle wanted to go to a Rothschild wedding. 

That's the bottom line.  She wanted to go to a fabulous Euro wedding of billionaires.  The money of the the Rothschilds (and the Goldsmiths, and Guniesses - family members to the Rothschilds) make the Hiltons look poor.  How rich are the Hiltons anyway??  I am sure Rick makes good money, but wasn't most of the old family money left to charity?

It is terrible that Nicky only invited half of a family to the wedding.  But she seems like a bitch anyway, so par for the course.  She is her mother's daughter, and Kathy seems like a real asshole.

Here is an article about Rick & Kathy Hilton and how they built their $100 million fortune.  http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433361983265446  It is from the Wall Street Journal.  Regardless of who any of the Hiltons marry it will be a very big deal and a very big wedding with lots of rich people.  I am thinking Kyle went because ha has been a big part of Paris and Nicky's lives since she was a teenybopper.  Just seeing famous people is no big deal and Kyle, to me, has had a fair share of the rich and famous in her life she doesn't need the Hiltons for introductions.  We don't know that the other girls wanted Kyle and Portia to stay home.  Maybe they have developed a sense of knowing when the Richards sister clash to just sit back and accept the fallout.  I only hope that Kathy Hilton and her two daughters watch the show and see the disappointment in Alexia and Sophia's faces when they are told they are not going.  I wonder if they will be able to remember the reason why and why it was so important.  

Maybe the bigger question is how the Rothschilds might feel about the Hiltons excluding two of their Jewish niece and Jewish brother in law?

• Love 8

Big Kathy fucked up her girls but good. I don't think Kyle wanted to go to the wedding solely because it was a big extravagant affair - she goes to those all the time. She enjoys that I'm sure, but she wanted to go because she is in a constant state of needing to gain her sister's approval. And this has to stem from whatever dysfunctional dynamic Big Mama set up. Listen to how Kyle still talks about her - "my mom trusted me so she let me take her car to work at age 13" as though it was a good thing. But she knows enough to give her own children rules and restrictions and boundaries.  Kyle is just a mess when it comes to her sisters. It makes her way more sympathetic to me, but I can understand why some people feel she's playing the victim. That's part of it, because that's part of their dynamic.

• Love 19

The Hiltons would not be pissed at Mauricio for leaving if he wasn't making tons of money -- it's all about the money.  However, it may be just me, but Mauricio always comes across so gruff in his conversations with Kyle. Full disclosure: I have always liked Kyle and find her home life scenes to be some of my favorites (along with Lisa VP).  But to me Mauricio always kinds of falls short of nailing the loving husband role on camera. I think he does family man very well, but with Kyle he seems to be always grumbling at her.  Ken, on the other hand, seems to have a more jocular relationship with LisaVP that is more fun to watch.  Case in point how they showed the scene of Mauricio grumbling to his daughter on camera that being lost in the car with her was way better than it would have been if Kyle had been with him. Grouchy. Kyle didn't have anything to do with him getting lost.  I really wonder what the real deal is between those two.  

• Love 10

I don't find it cute that Lisa intends to buy Ken a mini.  It's a horse, not a prop for a one time use, it is a commitment that needs attention and care.  Maybe they will board it at a nice farm with other horses and caring people.  I mean really, does she plan to have it wander the halls of Villa Rosa? 

I just laughed hysterically at my desk picturing this horse walking around in that pristine home. Maybe wandering through Lisa's closet??? LOL

• Love 7

I don't think Kyle just wanted to go to a fancy wedding. I think she really loves her extended family and wants them to all be part of each other's lives. Portia was invited to be a flower girl. I'm sure she was super excited about it. Can you imagine telling a 7 year old that guess what, no wedding for you. 

I don't know what Nicky's parents reasons for not inviting or disinviting family members and I don't care. It sucks and they suck. I don't care who you are,  Unless you think that your family member is going to be disruptive, you invite them to an event like that. I'd be really really pissed if one of my siblings didn't invite my husband or some of my kids, but invited others to their child's wedding. 

• Love 10

Does anyone remember when Moe and Alexia were lost, Alexia looking hard at her phone and trying to help him navigate? 

I don;t know if this showed on the show r the extended scenes, but there is a scene where you hear the auto's navigation and Mauricio and Alexia decide to use their phone's navigation system.  They went an hour out of their way.

• Love 3

I think that Kyle was just wrong in going to this wedding. She should have pulled Portia and not attended if her other two daughters and her husband was not invited. I would never go to a wedding that my wife was not invited to no matter what. I bet most of us would agree. 

The oldest daughter is an adult who is out of the house and can make her own decision. But you don't throw the other kids  to the wolves like that. If Kyle had such a great relationship with her nieces she would call them up and tell them not to dis their cousins and their uncle. Nicky HIlton is an adult not a 19 year old virgin. She doesn't have to let her mother call the tune. It is just bullshit no matter how you slice it.

• Love 13

I don;t know if this showed on the show r the extended scenes, but there is a scene where you hear the auto's navigation and Mauricio and Alexia decide to use their phone's navigation system.  They went an hour out of their way.

THANKS ZM.  That must be it.  I specifically heard Mauricio say, "Fuck That Shit" to Alexia in response to GPS directions and thought, ew.  I just rewatched the episode on my DVR and the scene was gone.  So yeah, probably it was an extended clip or I'm crazy.

I hate that he says fucking shit like that in front of his daughter. I don't care how old she is.  That said, I love watching him play with Porshia in the pool.  As long as he's not saying, "That was a fucking ah-maaaay-zing dive, Porshey." 

• Love 8

After 7? 8? years of lurking here and on twop previously, I have finally decided to write my first post!

I am a dentist and want to add my 0.02 to the "Yo goes to the dentist" scenes. Most issues have been covered, but the scene got me to perk up a bit.

The provider Yo saw is not likely an oral surgeon. I don't know any oral surgeons who do crowns. She may, and is absolutely trained to do so, but seeing that would be a first for me.

And, yes, she was replacing crowns. However, a few posters have said "Yo had crowns removed, not teeth." While I am loathe to defend Yolanda, she had at least one tooth removed. The last procedure shown was definitely of the Doctor extracting a tooth.

As far as the oxygen and pulse ox, Yolanda was given IV conscious sedation. I saw the needle being removed from her arm at the end of the procedure. Those are both legally required, at least in my state, when giving IV sedation. That wasn't for show.

Ugh, I can't believe I just supported Yolanda in any way! I hope I helped-love the snark!

Welcome to the board!  And thanks for your professional assessment of Yo's dental procedure and clarifying about a tooth being extracted but crowns being replaced as well.  Unfortunately, Yo always seems to cause confusion with her statements about her illness(s) and procedures.  I never trust anything she says in this regard.

Yeah, Bravo editors got it wrong by labeling Dr.  Hill as Yo's Oral Surgeon.  Did a quick google.  She's a DDS. 

I'm not familiar with 'conscience sedation'.  Whenever I went to the oral surgeon I was sedated - knocked out sedated...   

Anyway, thanks again and don't be a lurker.

• Love 8

I don't know how I feel about her going to the wedding.  On one hand, you disinvite me and my husband, see ya.  On the other, I'd hate to pull my kid out. But when I really think about it, what are you teaching your 7 year old about sticking with the family when other members are dissed.  Oh I dunno.

What I really want to know is why Kyle got disinvited in the first place. 

• Love 6

Rinna's hair is annoying me.  Just is.

The fuck with laughing your ass off at everything you say -- CALL YOUR PARENTS, RINNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fuck off with your phony sympathy for Yo.  At this point I don't give a shit about Yo's over-dramatics.  She's a rich woman with plenty of dough.  She can take of herself.  Concern yourself with your elderly parents, Rinna, you fuckin' twit.

• Love 9
Ken has always made these little comments and he wasn't calling Kyle fat, he was calling her short! LOL

I never thought he was calling her fat. But he did say she wasn't fashionable enough to wear the dress Lisa picked out for her, which was quite rude. And it seemed rather silly, considering Lisa and Kyle were both wearing "mumus" in Tuscany. 

If you have a no children policy at a wedding, then why have a flower girl?   It makes NO sense to me to have two nieces in a wedding and then purposely exclude the other two.  The other girls looks genuinely hurt that they weren't invited.  It's not like they are toddlers who would cause a disruption.

The no-child thing is pure BS, IMO. It makes no sense. One daughter is 19 and the other is 15. (I get Sophia and Alexia mixed up.) Those aren't children! So either the Hiltons have some other reason for not wanting them there and made up this joke of an excuse, or it was Kyle/Mauricio trying to spare the girls' feelings. 

It has been mentioned here but no one is sure why he said No because he said something we did not hear right before that. LOL, Editing monkeys at work, playing with our minds once again!

Yea, he definitely said it. The question is - when, and in what context? It's quite possible David said it and meant it, but thought he was out the door and couldn't be heard? Or perhaps Yo asked him something else as he was leaving. "Will you be home for dinner?" and he said, "No" on his way out. 

Speaking of, what are their living arrangements? Somehow I don't see David coming home to her condo of suffering and parasites on a nightly basis. Is he living alone out in the lemon house? Hmmmmm

• Love 5

(Sorry I don't know how to quote a post yet!)

Welcome, Pepe.  Like you, I'm loathe to defend Yolanda because something smells in Denmark, but I appreciate when something can be explained, especially by a trained professional!  I really don't want to believe she's this, (for lack of a better word) disturbed.

Is it unusual for people to be barefoot in a dental practice?  It just seems so unhygienic.  "No shirt, no shoes, no service" is posted in restaurants for a good reason.

And now...How To Use the Quote Function.  And you only need 50% brain function to master it!

-Click the quote button in the lower right hand side of the post you want to quote.  On my screen it looks like red quotation marks.  It is to the right of the REPORT THIS POST button.

-A black rectangular box will pop up in the lower right side that says "Reply to 1 quoted post(s)" 

If you like, you can continue reading posts and adding them to the list of posts you want to quote by just continuing to click the red quotes at the bottom of each post you want to quote.  When you're done selecting, click that black rectangular box.

- A reply screen will appear.  In it, will be the post(s) you want to quote in a box.  If you only want to quote a portion of the post(s), cut out what you don't want.

-Then just click underneath and outside the quote box(es) and start your reply.

When you're done, click Quick Reply.  There's even more functions to learn but this is a start.  Patience, grasshopper.

• Love 11

Yolanda has said she can't read, write, or watch TV

She is lying, I think she watched a few episodes of The Monster Inside Me and got her parasite idea.

I also think she watched a few episodes of The Mobsters cause she sure is channelling Vinny The Chin Gigante with her bathrobe.

He used to walk around in his bathrobe in public to avoid incarceration. Yolanda is using it to keep David from divorcing her ass and to garner sympathy. On the next visit from the other ladies, I wouldn't be surprised if they walk in and she is in the bathtub wearing a ballgown with the shower running and holding an umbrella.

As for the "health advocate" I don't think she is one. But I'm thinking she is the person taking all of those pictures of Yolanda hooked up to IV's and her stinking ginormous feet

• Love 7

Rinna's hair is annoying me.  Just is.

The fuck with laughing your ass off at everything you say -- CALL YOUR PARENTS, RINNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fuck off with your phony sympathy for Yo.  At this point I don't give a shit about Yo's over-dramatics.  She's a rich woman with plenty of dough.  She can take of herself.  

Can not stand this braying hyena.  Could she BE any further up Lisa V's arse?  When they met at the restaurant, she did everything but kiss Pinky's pinky ring.  "OMG! Your hair! your boobs! your shoes!  OMG.  I'm DYING over you right now.  Lemme see the bag.  SHUT UP!!!  It's soooo good! Omg! SHUT UP!"

Then the waiter asks Rinna what she wants to drink, "Rosé." she says. You don't say!....Could it be that she picked rosé because everybody in L.A. proper knows that's Vanderpump's fave? Good thing Rinna wears a lot of make-up - she's so transparent that if she didn't, she'd be invisible.

Imo, she too self-absorbed to see Vanderpump is reeling her in for her role as Brandy 2.0.  When VDP went to the loo, Rinna probably speed dialed Harry Hamlin to tell him how she was selected to go to Ohio to pick out a horse with her sparkly new best friend forever.  Or at least until next season. 

• Love 13

I'm sad to see the decline of Lisar. She was fun and likable when she joined the series. I got a giggle when she ended the phone call to her parents with "I hope your penis feels better!" Otherwise she's just annoying and not nearly as cute as she thinks she is. I miss the lady who said she laughed all the way to the bank with her diaper commercials. I think that became her shtick and it's way overdone. She would be wise to keep her kids off the screen as much as possible. I'm not going to snark on them too much since they're just kids but I don't think they're helping Lisar improve her image. If you know what I'm saying.

• Love 12

The Hiltons would not be pissed at Mauricio for leaving if he wasn't making tons of money -- it's all about the money.  However, it may be just me, but Mauricio always comes across so gruff in his conversations with Kyle. Full disclosure: I have always liked Kyle and find her home life scenes to be some of my favorites (along with Lisa VP).  But to me Mauricio always kinds of falls short of nailing the loving husband role on camera. I think he does family man very well, but with Kyle he seems to be always grumbling at her.  Ken, on the other hand, seems to have a more jocular relationship with LisaVP that is more fun to watch.  Case in point how they showed the scene of Mauricio grumbling to his daughter on camera that being lost in the car with her was way better than it would have been if Kyle had been with him. Grouchy. Kyle didn't have anything to do with him getting lost.  I really wonder what the real deal is between those two.  

I've always thought three things about Mauricio: 1) He's a schmoozer. I remember that time when Kyle was feuding with Camille and Mauricio was slopping sugar all over Camille, showing off his grandfather's watch and being a real charmer. He's a salesman through and through. 2) He's kind of a grump. I think he was totally up for discussing the wedding at dinner but Kyle shut it down because the kids were there. Mauricio seemed on the verge of saying a LOT about his in-laws. 3) He seems like a good dad. I think he's crazy about his kids. I know it's hard to judge based on the little bit we see on this show but he really seems like an involved and interested dad.

• Love 14

My belief is that this was a power marriage. He got a beautiful wife as arm candy. She got the prestige of being with a famous man in the public eye in front of cameras. Money wasn't an issue because they were both wealthy. Neither feels that the other "cares enough"as both are invested in something else more important to them than the marriage, one a stress free musical career and the other chasing attention now through illness. I imagine that they both nagged each other about it to the point of separation and then Yoyo filling for divorce.

They are both at fault in this divorce.

Wait, what?   Yolanda filed for the divorce?   I thought MyLove, MyKing gave her the heave ho?   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Mauricio seems just about the best father on all of the franchise. Contrast his interaction with his kids with people like Joe Guidice or Mario Singer or dare I say Apollo. I mean Kyle and Mauricio seem to have one of the few active marriages with young kids across all of the franchises.. His interaction with his daughters is telling. Look how his daughter jumped to get in his car. And she is a teenager. Pretty impressive.

I think he is just over the whole Housewives thing and plays his part reluctantly. It is his wife's thing but it only made trouble for him and he is losing his ability to pretend that it matters.

• Love 20

http://whoissamjarvis.com/tag/yolandas-medicine-cabinet/

A still shot of Yo's medical closet is in this article, really, the only reason I clicked on it.  I was trying to see what's in there, but enlarging it blurs most of it.

I do see a bunch of what look like vitamins and OTC supplements.  Also essential oils, and those could just be used for aroma-therapy or topical applications for mood, headaches, etc.  I use a few myself, and have for many years, long before they became an "IN" thing and had their costs and claims elevated to the ridiculous pyramid schemes most companies selling them are now.   I still use a drop of peppermint oil on my tongue for a queasy stomach, etc.

Seriously, $30 for lavender oil?  I  used to buy that, certified organic, and food quality for $3, only the rare or difficult to extract essential oils were pricy, but things like blood orange (OMG, yum in baked goods, the bath, or just a drop or so for an instant mood lifter!) cost a bit more, but not much.  The truly rare kinds, such as the best perfumers use were the only ones that really cost money.

Anyway, I was shocked at how many actual obvious prescription bottles were included in there.  I do think some of the rest was stuff many of us may have around the house, just not put into a "medical closet."  I couldn't tell from that crappy photo, but I'm thinking things like Ace bandages, heat or cold packs, but still, WOW.

Do I think Yo actually has Lyme?  Yeah.  Ages ago didn't she publish her test results and CT (etc) scans?  I think it's all mixed together with menopause (which can be devastating for some), the leaky implant, and pretty obviously depression--whether from Lyme, illness, empty nest, or--even more likely, the stress of being married to a complete narcissist like David, and constantly acting the "my king" bullshit.  Add in a healthy dose of not adapting well to getting older and simply accepting mortality and the inevitable march of time aging hits you with being especially hard for a former great beauty, and generally athletic woman.

Meanwhile, it's all been complicated by rushing from one treatment to another, expecting instant success,  many of those obviously scams and probably more harmful than helpful, and her quest for youth or health via "holistic" treatments, the WAY TOO MANY vitamins, and WAY TOO strict diets, and voila--Yolanda today.   "Natural" does not mean safe, they are still medicines and they interact.  She's sick, I don't think it's all mental, but I do think her mish-mash of so-called care has made it much worse.

She needs a true "cleanse" and to go off all that stuff, stop the weekly colonics, hire a decent certified nutritionist and eat in a balanced way, and then find ONE very  good doctor who can coordinate her care, which definitely needs to include a very good psychiatrist who can wade through her multiple drugs, including the "natural" ones.   Instead she's paying $8000 a month to a former hooker?  Oh...Yo....

Someone needs to step up and tell her to STAWP. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 16

This, all day long. I think basically the older sisters are mad at Kyle for having the gall to be more successful. Kathy was always the rich one; now Kyle has a fortune. Kim was always the famous one; Kyle is the real star of their show. Plus Kyle has the gorgeous, wealthy husband - which their mother always saw as the REAL measure of success. And the four daughters who by all accounts are level headed, loving kids? Please. It is so obviously jealousy. I just wish Kyle could see that, a bit, and could detach, as Lisa Vanderpump said "just a LITTLE bit."

I joined a smallish company once, with promises that we would join forces to build a new division within their company, and that I would get a percentage of the profits. It didn't work out that way, and after two years, they hadn't followed through on the percentages, and they refused to advance the new division, wanting me instead to work on their core accounts. During that time their business was suffering and I was very good at my job, so I was helping to hold things together. But it wasn't what I signed up to do. So I left their company to start my own. They were really mad. They're good people, but they were furious, and years later, still don't like to talk to me. They genuinely believed that since they had hired me, I owed it to them to stay until they didn't need or want me anymore. It's so common with owners of small businesses - they think they own you, because they paid you. Mauricio didn't do anything wrong. But given the Richards/Hilton dynamic, of COURSE they are furious at him for daring to leave, and it's even worse that he has been so incredibly successful, and Kyle is "rubbing it in" on camera.

For those wondering about the show - I remember when it was announced, and was hoping (still am) that we will see its development on this season. It's a scripted show for TVLand, and the most impressive part is that her co-producer is John Wells, of ER fame. I haven't heard any more about it, so I don't know where it's going, but it has a credible pedigree; Kyle is by far the least experienced of the trio who's developing it. Kyle is WAY too successful for her sisters to tolerate.

Over at Vulture, they're steamed because they think their beloved LVP is getting the "bitch edit" this season. I don't see that. In fact, I am liking Lisa a lot this season; she's being kind to Kyle, giving good advice, being quite rational about Yolanda. Is Lisa a fan of the shade-throwing and a bit of a grudge-holder? Yes, but goodness, we've known that since Season One. I wondered if LVP did end up having a falling out with the other ladies, but it sounds from WWHL that Lisa R. is still okay with her. Eileen maybe not; I'm thinking that Eileen goes hard core on the Yolanda side, with the new girl.

And speaking of the new girl - one more Yolanda thing that's irritating me. She clearly was given preference on hiring new cast members this season - Angie Simpson was originally hired to join the show as a full time HW and Yo's friend, until her visa fell through; Erica has joined as a friend of Yolanda - that's TWO new women brought on specifically to be Yolanda's friends. So she is far from too sick to film; in fact, the cast was literally rebuilt around her. And meanwhile she lounges in bed, faking her sick voice, pretending that getting her crowns (and possibly one tooth) removed is a liver transplant, pretending to be sleeping when friends come to visit, telling people "oh, you look so HEALTHY" to make them feel self conscious, lying about her life's limitations (you haven't driven? but it's on camera. You don't wear makeup? WE'VE SEEN THE PICTURES), and now this whole "I can barely work" thing but she clearly has laid claim to the central storyline this year, which is, as we know, a tremendous amount of work.

To me, the most interesting narrative is not "Yolanda's illness and whether the ladies are empathetic and give her proper special treatment" - which is the storyline Yolanda intends it to be - but the subtext of how the ladies handle a situation where someone is both sick and behaving badly. I'm sure she doesn't feel good. But it's quite literally impossible to know how much of that is from having had Lyme Disease, how much is depression, how much is her treatments that she won't stop taking, and ALL OF IT is complicated by her malingering and melodrama. Yolanda has made a hard core, high stakes play to hijack the season, including the announced divorce to cement sympathy for her. My biggest interest is - will it work?

^ ^

EXCELLENT!

• Love 3

In reviewing the coverage of the wedding it appears at some point after dinner they had an after party where they serves sliders and whatnot.  I am wondering of maybe there was an understanding it was not for the under 21 set.  Perhaps Kyle just went for the ceremony and dinner and took Portia back to the hotel or Mauricio picked her up and Kyle did the duration.  I only say this as I saw three different looks on the bride.  Full on wedding dress with veil, a short white lace number and finally a really, really short dress. 

When Brooke had her wedding in a minute, I say that because Portia dress wasn't even ready, the wedding was at the Hilton mansion or more accurately the backyard.  There was no Farrah, Nicky or Paris as they were in Europe-where Kyle and her family had planned on being except they left early to attend the wedding.  Mauricio seemed really nonplussed about attending wondering what suit to wear.  Then there was the May wedding which Kim was threatening to disinvite Kyle to in February.  That wedding in Mexico Kathy and Rick Hilton did not attend but Paris and Nicky did.  Kim was out of rehab in July but did not go to the wedding in London, nor did  Monty who claimed he had a lot to look forward to including a wedding in July.

In short these folks are screwed up.  I only hope between now and the time Farrah, Paris, Alexia or Sophia marry they have buried their differences.

• Love 6

I think what we see with Yolanda is a woman that is beyond symptomatic of Lyme disease, but additionally dealing with menopause, depression, an unhappy marriage and a change of life/lifestyle in the daily caretaking of young children and occupying her time in creative home decorating. She has taken the whole approach to holistic healing waaaay too far. She stubbornly refuses to adopt a more integrative approach with the practice of prudent Western medicine along with alternative treatment. People like Yolanda and Suzanne Somers living in Southern California where it's more the the norm to approach healing in a bohemian zen-like manner cannot see the forest through the trees. The only way I see her coming out of this having now split with David is when she relents and herself to puts herself in the care of traditional and/or integrative medical professionals and is forced to get out of the bed and put herself out there so she doesn't end up alone.

• Love 7

I think Lisa R and Eileen know that poking the bear of "how sick is she?" will not look good in the court of public opinion. Now with the divorce Yo has made herself untouchable imo.

I agree.  Although I did think that Eileen showed a bit of skepticism when she asked about the parasite.  And Yo, who is always armed with detailed info re her medical stuff, was unable to answer.  

I have a feeling we're going to see little glimmers of things like that.  But yes, you're right - They will likely tread carefully.

• Love 7

Yolanda got pissy with Kyle which became a two year unprovoked insults on Kyle in August of 2012. They were doing a photo shoot of the entire cast that was a spoof of the "Beverly Hillbillies" http://allthingsrh.com/rhobh-dress-up-as-the-beverly-hillbillies-for-in-touch-magazine/ one can see where Yolanda was photo shopped in. So she was married about six months when the symptoms occurred. This was also Yolanda's first year on the show where we watched her doing Herculean workouts with her trainer. Poor sick Yolanda. I think by the time they filmed the reunion Yolanda was announcing she had Lyme's Disease. The season started with house porn of David and Yolanda and their fabulous lifestyle and an incredible amount of name dropping and ended with a series of sing along songs appropriate for funerals. Yolanda was a bitch back then and still is. I also remember Kim, of all people, calling Yolanda out for using her English as a second language and illness when she misspoke. Yolanda's blogs have been brutal over the years, especially considering she has not been able to read or write for three years.

Thank you, ma'am!

I have ALWAYS looked askance at Yolanda. ALWAYS.

She is back-handedly mean.

She is inordinately envious( i.e.: Kyle and Lisa V.).

She is schemingly nasty.

She is mired in delusions of intellectual, social, and moral superiority.

She IS a straight-up b_ _ ch.

...ETA: ...because SPELLING. Yikes!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 9

I agree.  Although I did think that Eileen showed a bit of skepticism when she asked about the parasite.  And Yo, who is always armed with detailed info re her medical stuff, was unable to answer.  

I have a feeling we're going to see little glimmers of things like that.  But yes, you're right - They will likely tread carefully.

They will, but between the lines is easy to read!.  You can tell all of them are skeptical.  I love to watch them tip toe through the topic.

I wonder if production will push them far enough to get a more honest DT about it.  You know they will try!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Not to mention, when Kyle married Mauricio he wasn't at all rich enough by their standards--she may have even walked away from an engagement to a richer man to do so. So not only is he now very wealthy, but there's a very different dynamic between them because Kyle was basically his partner as he worked his way up. I think that's partly why they consider each other more of a team. Not that Kyle was working with him in real estate, but I think working out their budget raising the kids etc. was more of a team effort and he probably remembers Kyle supporting and encouraging him when he took the risk of starting his own business. So in some ways she completely went off script, marrying a guy who by their standards was just some guy.

·Such good points and an apt perspective. · ( IMO, of course)

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Nope.  Yolanda was wife #4.    And I'm certain there will be a #5.  Who knows, if he stays healthy maybe even a #6.  

I believe Yolanda is sick.  Why would she put her marriage in jeopardy if she wasn't and not everyone is super stoic when they are ill especially a lengthy, chronic illness no one can seem to identify.     Kyle's insight about her own multiple diagnosis being the physical pain of a lengthy (didn't she say two years?) depression after her mom died was good.  But don't forget that not only can "depression hurt" but actual chronic illness can create real depression.  I'm not a doctor but it's not hard to tell Yolanda of the Lemons is depressed - holed up in that condo with the shades drawn looking at pictures of herself Gigi  Then to add insult to injury her husband leaves her?    I'm getting depressed just writing about it.  The only thing I don't get is why she would still want to be on this show?  Is famewhoredom stronger than anything?

I agree. Depression, anxiety, and brain fog are also symptoms related to menopause. And I'd be seriously depressed after leaving her beautiful, spacious, open, breezy home with a view of the ocean for a small and rather dull looking city apartment. Not that their apartment is shabby by any means, but it's like comparing apples to oranges, or dare I say lemons, in comfort and retreat-like atmosphere.

• Love 4

I never thought he was calling her fat. But he did say she wasn't fashionable enough to wear the dress Lisa picked out for her, which was quite rude. And it seemed rather silly, considering Lisa and Kyle were both wearing "mumus" in Tuscany. 

The no-child thing is pure BS, IMO. It makes no sense. One daughter is 19 and the other is 15. (I get Sophia and Alexia mixed up.) Those aren't children! So either the Hiltons have some other reason for not wanting them there and made up this joke of an excuse, or it was Kyle/Mauricio trying to spare the girls' feelings. 

Yea, he definitely said it. The question is - when, and in what context? It's quite possible David said it and meant it, but thought he was out the door and couldn't be heard? Or perhaps Yo asked him something else as he was leaving. "Will you be home for dinner?" and he said, "No" on his way out. 

Speaking of, what are their living arrangements? Somehow I don't see David coming home to her condo of suffering and parasites on a nightly basis. Is he living alone out in the lemon house? Hmmmmm

According to a recent report/article, in People I think, David is living in a Hotel while Yolanda lives in HIS condo. She is refusing to leave HIS condo.

I agree. Depression, anxiety, and brain fog are also symptoms related to menopause. And I'd be seriously depressed after leaving her beautiful, spacious, open, breezy home with a view of the ocean for a small and rather dull looking city apartment. Not that their apartment is shabby by any means, but it's like comparing apples to oranges, or dare I say lemons, in comfort and retreat-like atmosphere.

They put the Malibu house on the market not long after they got married. Didn't she have Mauricio show her houses LAST season as part of her storyline? I don't think they planned to live in that house as long as they did, it was never their long term home to begin with, it was built as a "spec" house.

• Love 6

There were two parts of this recap that I really really liked. First, I loved how he portrays Rinna as the over enthusiastic Amazon reviewer throughout the episode. The other part was the way he describes Eileen being drawn on to Team Yolanda:

Eileen is reminded of her sister’s terminal cancer. Knowing what I’ve been shown here, I can only point out a couple of blaring differences. One was terminal cancer, this isn’t. Also, your sister hid her disease because she didn’t want to burden anyone, and Yolanda had Daisy stop by the guest room to marinate you in burden before she let you into her room.

I’m not having a disease contest, just saying Eileen, it’s a trap. Don’t let your pain from another situation make you blind to this chick’s bs, or you’re gonna be stuck all season on her couch watching her try to work Facetime. Learn a lesson from Cody Simpson’s mom and run.

Yolanda compliments them with a sad smile on how healthy they look. Oh lord, Yolanda. It’s like a legless man complimenting people on walking to his room.

Yolanda forgot what it was like to be normal. Here we go. She had two foot long parasites in her recently. Thank goodness Daveed checks her poop.

Rinna asks questions. She seems to be hinting around something, like where were these parasites discarded and do they help control caloric regulation?

Eileen asks the logical question. Where did the parasites come from? Is that a Lyme thing? Yolanda has no idea but they were huge. LymeWorm. Noted. I can hear Daisy sharpie-ing a new poster board in the background as we speak. Getting rid of the parasites, didn’t help. Getting rid of gold teeth didn’t help. By the end of this season, Yolanda’s gonna be a blank, non-accessorized Mr. Potato Head.

When Yolanda is done catching everyone up on her latest diseases, she asks about Dickie dying. She’s gonna die at any moment too, so she gets it.  Glad the dead guy could help turn this back to you. He died for a good cause.

Now Eileen has both her dead sister and her dead father in law represented in Yolanda. Shit. It’s official. She’s Team Yolanda. NOOOOOOOOO!

“Yolanda’s struggle is personal to me.”

I really, really want to like you.

• Love 7
Although I did think that Eileen showed a bit of skepticism when she asked about the parasite.  And Yo, who is always armed with detailed info re her medical stuff, was unable to answer.

About the parasite (not Foster): I can just imagine that one of the Colon Masters told Yolanda that he/she observed such a parasite flushed out of her system by the colonic. Of course, the Colon Master says that to everyone so that they keep coming back ($$$$$$$), and of course, no one ever really would want to look at the contents of their colon, post cleanse, so they believe whatever they are told.  It's all B.S., of course. Yolanda and Shannon Beador should do a show together with their new age holistic fails.  

I can be sorry up to a point if Yolanda is depressed because her marriage to Her King imploded. But this woman has millions of dollars and the best way to lift yourself out of yourself is to go help someone more needy and put everything in perspective. Yes, her kids are out of the nest but she has a television show and money to start a foundation and keep herself occupied.

As for the wedding in Kensington Gardens, I think that is just a rental event space that is available if you have the cash.  When I was in London, walking in Kensington Gardens, there was a private event going on that you could clearly see inside the gates. It was the week of Ascot and there was some kind of horse-related theme and visible corporate sponsors.  So I take a side-eye to the whole "OMG, a wedding at Kensington Palace!!" Kate Middleton is not going to invite anyone in for a cuppa.

• Love 9

Wasn't it just last year that Yolanda met Kyle on her European trip and sandwiched Maurice on the boat?

Yaaas!

And, it was so obvious and bizarre.

Actually, I was a bit surprised that it was mentioned so rarely as to have been nonexistent. For all of Yolanda's malicious and spite riddled comments to Joyce about how can Joyce's husband tolerate listening to her..., she sure 'listened' to Mauricio's body that day. From the Decorum Dame, good guest she was--(NOT).

I definitely could not envision Kyle rubbing herself all over another man in that fashion.

• Love 9

About the parasite (not Foster): I can just imagine that one of the Colon Masters told Yolanda that he/she observed such a parasite flushed out of her system by the colonic. Of course, the Colon Master says that to everyone so that they keep coming back ($$$$$$$), and of course, no one ever really would want to look at the contents of their colon, post cleanse, so they believe whatever they are told.  It's all B.S., of course. Yolanda and Shannon Beador should do a show together with their new age holistic fails.  

I can be sorry up to a point if Yolanda is depressed because her marriage to Her King imploded. But this woman has millions of dollars and the best way to lift yourself out of yourself is to go help someone more needy and put everything in perspective. Yes, her kids are out of the nest but she has a television show and money to start a foundation and keep herself occupied.

As for the wedding in Kensington Gardens, I think that is just a rental event space that is available if you have the cash.  When I was in London, walking in Kensington Gardens, there was a private event going on that you could clearly see inside the gates. It was the week of Ascot and there was some kind of horse-related theme and visible corporate sponsors.  So I take a side-eye to the whole "OMG, a wedding at Kensington Palace!!" Kate Middleton is not going to invite anyone in for a cuppa.

While I agree with you that it's likely anyone with the cash can rent the Kensington Gardens facility for an event, the Rothschilds and Goldsmiths are friends of Prince William, and James Rothschild attended William and Kate's wedding, so there is a royal connection there.

• Love 3

Are you sure? I thought she was getting white gold crowns along with having her amalgam fillings removed.

Speaking as someone who has experienced this delightful way to spend an afternoon and then the following week recovering, that is one thing I am actually feeling for her.  Deeply. However, heavy metal in all those supplements kinda cancels it out.  

I would have way, way more empathy if she hadn't signed on to do this season as sick as she claims to be.  Even if she's playing it up it's clear to see that she is not healthy, whatever the cause.  I'm not really understanding why anyone would want to put their genuine illness on display, mental or physical, and up for comment and judgement on the internet.  I can't imagine Yo needs the money.  Why does she want us all up in her business?  I'm truly confused.

• Love 7

Thank you, ma'am!

I have ALWAYS looked askance at Yolanda. ALWAYS.

She is back-handedly mean.

She is inordinately envious( i.e.: Kyle and Lisa V.).

She is schemingly nasty.

She is mired in delusions of intellectual, social, and moral superiority.

She IS a straight-up b_ _ _ch.

Agreed!

And I would like to add that she's manipulative.  And judgmental.  Actually, it was her constant judgmental attitude that made me dislike her initially.  Now that she's working so hard to portray herself as a brave, sick woman, the manipulative aspect has risen to the top.  I found her to be completely unlikeable from the very beginning, and as time goes by my opinion of her seems to be validated more and more.  

There's been talk here about her being depressed, and maybe she is.  But that doesn't mean she's not also manipulating and misrepresenting and lying.  There are too many outright inconsistencies and too much evidence that shows she's a liar for it all to be attributed to a bad moment or a foggy brain.  

And someone as sick as she claims to be wouldn't be so addicted to social media, wouldn't be posing for "I'm not feeling well" photos on a regular basis, and wouldn't be putting so much effort into convincing the world that she is suffering.  If she was in such dire condition, she would stop all that..  But she won't.   It's clear that she's perfectly capable of reading and writing and scheming and posing.   I think if this woman was down to zero brain function she would somehow find a way to let us know about it, complete with photos of herself in a fluffy robe.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 16

I'm listening to the episode again from another room, and for the second time caught something after LisaR and Eileen's visit to Yo at the Condo of the White Bathrobe. Getting into Eileen's SUV after the visit, LisaR says, "I see a vibrant young woman not being able to live her life." Sorry, no, Yolanda is not a young woman. She will be 52 in January, and that is middle-aged. It seems so typical of women in this world (BH, Hollywood, Southern California) to be unable to accept that age happens to everyone (if you're lucky) and even the most beautiful women over 50 can't hide that they're past their youthful glow. That's why many of us think one of Yolanda's many problems is that she can't deal with the fact that she's getting old.

• Love 9

I think Yolanda is really sick too. She initially received a Lyme diagnosis. She had a leaky breast implant. She was diagnosed with some cow virus apparently that she contracted when she was young. I'll wager she has the blood tests to prove this in those binders. She isn't lying about these things. I wouldn't doubt that she has the lab report with the parasites too. ( I thought she has 2 1 foot long ones.) And I think she is suffering from major depression. Anyone going through chronic illness would be prone to depression and its debilitating effects. Is she hurting herself to boot with all these successive treatments? Maybe and probably. But maybe she is also finding illness that are present in her body - like the leaky implant.

She has no long game in being ill. She sabotaged her life if this is all a scam and missed out on things that she really treasured. She went to one fashion show - the VS one recently. She missed Paris Fashion week where both her girls walked. She even missed last years Paris FW when Gigi walked I believe. Her marriage to her King is kaput - so much for the Keep Romance Alive thing. On WWHL she said her brain function is 60% better than last year - not at 60% function. So she is probably having the cognitive functioning tests done that they do to post concussive people.

I totally believe the producers/editors are messing with her too. Either she was laying down after the other HWs left or they told her to pretend she was sleeping. Nothing is black and white in this world, including Yolanda's words. She can't read probably means she can't do sustained reading without her head hurting - not that she can't post on Instagram or look at the internet for awhile.

Eileen and Lisa R walked away from Yolanda believing she was sick. Ken at that luncheon really thought she was sick. Not that she was pretending to be sick by not wearing makeup. Kyle is swearing up and down that Yolanda is sick, and Eileen is distancing herself from any allegation that Yolanda isn't sick. They think it is something more than Lyme.

I agree with Vulture, I think Lisa V is going to get a bad edit. Not necessarily bad, but her bitchiness is going to shine through. At least it has so far, and it has been fun to watch. I love Ken's snarky, bitchy comments.

I can't feel sorry for Kyle about the wedding. She brought it up on camera. Lisa continued the conversation - in front of Kyle's kids no less. Heartless really. The Richards sisters are f'd up. There is no rhyme or reason for how any of them act toward each other. Kyle and Mauricio needed to protect their daughters. That was the most important thing, both in the scene and the wedding.

Kudos Jinjer for your very well written and sensitive post regarding Yolanda's health and resulting depression. I also believe she has no long term game in faking her illness. Hopefully as wings 707 mentioned up thread by watching herself on RHOBH Yolanda may improve her life choices. She certainly is no saint but then who amongst us is. Edited by talula
  • Love 6

Here is an article about Rick & Kathy Hilton and how they built their $100 million fortune.  http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433361983265446  It is from the Wall Street Journal.  Regardless of who any of the Hiltons marry it will be a very big deal and a very big wedding with lots of rich people. 

I'm not saying the Hiltons are poor, but that article gave me no reason to think they have anywhere close to $100 million. It said something like, "they are on their way" to that amount. Yeah so am I! It will take me a few more years. Ha ha.

I think Kyle is close to her nieces, but not AS close as she thinks she is. One thing about Kyle I don't think anyone can dispute- Kyle really loves her daughters, they are her world. Nicky purposely excluded Kyle's daughters from a big life event. She should not have gone. She was slapped in the face.

Nicky didn't care that she missed Farrah's graduation. They all treat Kyle horribly.

• Love 8