Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E14: Season Finale

• Start Topic

From Broadway World

In the two-hour season finale on Tuesday, November 24 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), the three finalists advance to the final stage of the competition. There will be live dancing and show-stopping performances at the Grove shopping center and in the DWTS ballroom. The night kicks off with a high-energy opening number, featuring a reunion of all 13 of this season's couples at the Grove. The finale will be filled with performances from Alexander Jean, Andy Grammer, Chaka Khan, Elle King and Nick Carter. Kim Zolciak returns to the ballroom to dance a Samba with Tony Dovolani to "I Dream of Jeannie," which she was never able to perform, along with encore dances from the eliminated celebrities.

The cast of the upcoming "Dancing with the Stars: Live! Dance All Night Tour" will perform a dance to Avicii's "Broken Arrows" as a sneak peak of the 90-minute show traveling the country this winter.

The three finalists will each dance a repeat dance from this season. In the last element of competition, the couples will perform a new routine as part of a "24-Hour Fusion Challenge." The remaining couples will Fuse two contrasting dance styles that they've performed this season and they'll have less than 24 hours to prepare that dance for judges' points. At the end of the night, the winner of the coveted Mirrorball trophy will be announced!

Gag me now!  Have the judges ever run out there like that before??

There has never been a more obnoxious contestant on the show.  They messed up their last dance, but the judges gave it a 30 anyway.  

They knew exactly how much they had to lowball Alek for Sally Sunshine to win.  And why was he given a rhumba again??  It just smells bad to me.

Tony and the pros went to lift up Derek immediately and Kim Zolciak and Bruno picked up Bindi. That kind of says it all, doesn't it?

What the heck was Bruno doing out there anyway?  Ugh!!!!!

• Love 6

Nick, ya did good.  I'll see you on your tour and even buy a VIP to tell you "YOU WERE ROBBED!"

At least Bindi does appreciate the show and everything it has done for her but can Derek please take a break?  A really long one?  And while we're at it, give a contender to Tony, Karina or Anna?  

Sadly, I just realize that we had no DanceCenter this season.  But Len is coming back!  Maybe he'll be there to throw down a 8 when the rest are giving 10s!  Because God knows we needed him for this season.

Show, I constantly hate you.  And yet I will see you in March. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 12

Is anyone surprised? No. Yeah. I'm not either. And Carrie Ann thinks this was best season ever? No. No, it was not. What a boring season. I'm kind of underwhelmed by this whole thing.

It was the best season eveeeerrr because of the most special girl who has ever graced the ballroom lol

Can Golden Boy please go take a damn break now?

• Love 11

The most pimped win in the history of the show. Destroy the only real competition with nasty racist edits, absurd praise for average dancing, play the dead dad card regularly and there ya go.

Please go away Derek. You are ruining my only appointment television show. If you must stay, and I think your fame-hungry ego will not allow you to leave, please keep your shirt on.

• Love 9

Gag me now!  Have the judges ever run out there like that before??

There has never been a more obnoxious contestant on the show.  They messed up their last dance, but the judges gave it a 30 anyway.  

They knew exactly how much they had to lowball Alek for Sally Sunshine to win.  And why was he given a rhumba again??  It just smells bad to me.

What the heck was Bruno doing out there anyway?  Ugh!!!!!

I don't think that I've ever seen that. I'm not surprised considering how the judges had orgasmed over Bindi for weeks now. No disrespect to Bindi. I think that that she is sweet and adorable, but the show seemed to be the Derek and Bindi show.

The judges with their: "I feel like a better person watching you dance." "You're a beacon of light for EVERYONE!" "I thank your parents for making you." "You've changed all of our lives."

While with Nick and Alek it feels like: "Great job. Thanks for participating." They get a participation award, while Bindi gets fawed over. Again, no disrespect to Bindi herself. Congrats to her.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 14

Call me shallow, but the most memorable part of the night was Artem in a Santa hat playing Magic Mike. More of that, please? Also, Carlos had no qualms about redoing his stripper rumba. I mean, I'm not complaining, but he didn't even have Witney out there as a cover this time.

• Love 7

No surprise, but I thought Nick was very gracious in defeat. Bindi was definitely deserving IMO, but I would have loved to see Nick win. And it's time for Sharna to win the mirrorball.

I liked Nick and Sharna's 24-hour fusion the best, although the others were very good.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good season, but it'll be great to have Len back next season,

• Love 8

"You are a beacon of light and hope to everyone!" First of all - puke! Second of all, Carrie Ann your crazy ass is the last person who should be attempting to speak for everyone.

I hope now that Miss Beacon of Light has been ordained...I mean crowned...I don't have to see her for a good long while. And, please, Derek try and focus on your acting career!

It was so obvious they were trying to ensure Alek came in third. Giving him the rumba again!

One of the lamest seasons in awhile!

• Love 12

Call me shallow, but the most memorable part of the night was Artem in a Santa hat playing Magic Mike. More of that, please? Also, Carlos had no qualms about redoing his stripper rumba. I mean, I'm not complaining, but he didn't even have Witney out there as a cover this time.

He only took his jacket off.  There are men with less clothing than that out jogging in the neighborhood.

And Carlos rocked the re-do of that dance.  

• Love 1

Boring, anti climatic to an underwhelming season.  Can Derek please take a long, long break.  If not, saddle him with a contestant like Kim Zolciak or Paula Deen.  Then see what he can do.

• Love 11

I don't ever recall a "judge" running out to lift the winner. 

Results were no surprise. Bindi was good but she was pimped start to finish. And Golden Boy "wins" again.

• Love 5

I enjoyed a lot about this finale..and I think Bindi was the runaway winner ages ago..sort of how Kristi Yamaguchi was the runaway winner in her season...

Still, as the highlights rolled by, I really was surprised at how much I was pulling for Nick to win...and I'm not BSB fan...

So, the win was predicted...Tom Bergeron was everything and more...and I realized this was the first season I never voted..felt no need as the judges seem to vote for me...

So, I will watch in March...for Tom..and Len..but it would be wonderful if Derek took a few seasons off..or got a "Paula Deen"...

• Love 6

Bindi was only like the 5th best dancer on this show. The fawning over her all season was ridiculous. What has she really done? Is she really a shining beacon of light in the world? No, she is not. She's a young lady who is semi famous because her semi famous dad died in a sad accident. And boy did Derek milk it for all it was worth.

I think I'm done with this show. I was okay with Rumor winning last time around (over Riker) because she was actually a good dancer....and Val of course. But I've realized most of the winners have been sort of not they great.

• Love 8

He only took his jacket off.  There are men with less clothing than that out jogging in the neighborhood.

Well, yes, but for someone who complained about it being non-Christian being uncomfortable with it the first time, I thought it was a surprising choice for him to redo.

Again, not complaining. I like the eyecandy.

• Love 3

Shocker. Not. I liked Andy's song. I liked Nick's song. Tom Bergeron's quick wit is much sexier than any shirtless pro. And the return of Len!!!

I look forward to Len's return. And I adore Tom. DWTS would not be the same without him.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 14

I only caught bits and pieces of the first hour but I'm trying to decide what was more horrendous - the over the top praise of angel Bindi or Andy Grammer and Chaka Khan murdering "Baby, It's Cold Outside." The over the top Bindi praise was probably more nauseating, but I seriously had to cover my ears by the end of that performance. They were flat as hell.

How is it possible Gary Busey looked even more deranged than at the start of the season.

Glad Len will be back. I'm kind of glad he missed this season. I don't have to hate him for weeping and rending his garments over the wonderfulness of St.Bindi like the rest of the judges.

• Love 2

Like I said on the thread from last night, I'm okay with Bindi but wanted Nick. Mr MML who knows a lot more about dancing than I do said Bindi was amazing and deserving of the win, but also pointed put that her partner leads, unlike the female pros who are being led by the nonpros, and someone at Derek's level can guide his nonpro and make her look better especially in the dances where he is holding her (I know this is true because Mr MML is quite the strong guiding dancer himself--fans self). So it's really hard to judge apples to apples for Bindi vs Nick and Alek.

Whoever did Bindi's hair for the finale needs to be fired.

• Love 9

I didn't even see Carlos in that dance after the opening. There was shirtless Artem and Val (I think?) front and center and that was good enough for me. Carlos who? I'd like to have that dance on an endless loop for awhile. 

• Love 4

My only problem with Bindi was how over-the-top ecstatically happy she was, like every minute she was onscreen. I believe she is a happy, positive person, and I think she's a great dancer, but a little less "it's raining sunshine" would have been nice.

And I never would have imagined that any force in this world or the next could get me interested in the Backstreet Boys, but there you go. I guess dance really is a powerful force.

One of my favorite parts of tonight's show was the Chaka a Khan-Andy Grammer duet. Andy's another one with a lot of charm, and I'm interested in seeing what he's up to next.

And if I may be shallow for a moment, Val was looking very fine in the Magic Mike number. That was another highlight.

• Love 6

Glad Len will be back. I'm kind of glad he missed this season. I don't have to hate him for weeping and rending his garments over the wonderfulness of St.Bindi like the rest of the judges.

This season has changed my opinion of Bruno. Sure has always played a character, the over the top personality spouting too much double-entendre, but he quite often gave sound critique. This season he was as big an idiot as CAI.

• Love 3

Well deserved in my opinion. I don't believe Nick was ever getting the votes some assume he was and in my opinion, he was overscored last night to ensure the Nick/Bindi showdown. As I said, my gut feeling was that Bindi had been running away with the competition for weeks but the epic showdown the producers were hoping for between her and Nick was looking unlikely. And I am pretty much positive that's why no elimination happened for the semifinals after Tamar withdrew because Nick was the one who was going to go home. 

But I too give him props for being very gracious in defeat and honestly, I think he and Sharna knew they weren't going to win. I think they both saw the writing on the wall and maybe even thought they'd be third, judging by Nick's reaction when they called Alek in third place. And after they repeated their VW, Sharna's response that they didn't even know who they wanted to win because everyone was so great was totally an, "I've made my peace with the fact that we're not winning this thing." While Nick never became the dancer I hoped he could become, I did love his and Sharna's partnership and they seemed like one of those DWTS pairings who will remain friends. In fact, I got that feeling for all the final three couples. 

I liked but didn't love the fusion dances. I thought it was just cruel and unfair to give Alek the rumba AGAIN. I mean I think we can all agree that Alek and rumba do not mix and never will. Unfortunate about Lindsay's dress getting caught in her leg and causing the small stumble but she had an amazing season and it will be all kinds of bullshit if she isn't made a Pro again next season. My biggest issue with the fusion dances though, was that they were all sort of a half/half of the styles versus doing an interweaving, back and forth, true fusion. 

I felt like Sharna and Nick did a blink and miss it Tango and the dance was pretty much a Salsa and it was the same with Bindi and Derek which was mostly an Argentine Tango with a little Cha Cha thrown in the end. Funny enough my favorite fusions have been Derek's because he was so good at intertwining the two styles continuously but yeah didn't love this one. 

Glad Len is back but I had a feeling he would be. I did mention last season that it sounded more like he was just not going to do the Fall season because that's also when Strictly has their season and it's the flying back and forth every week that was too much for him. But with no Strictly in the Spring season of DWTS, he can just stay in LA until the season is done. So yea! for him back next season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

I love how Carrie Ann's choice of Bindi's weakness is that she is so perfect it is sometimes boring....

Loved seeing Nick's Viennese Waltz again. I wish it had been later in the season so it could have been longer. It always ends too soon. 

I was a little nervous about Sharna early on in one of the pro routines - she didn't seem as sharp as the other girls. But she seemed good in her routines with Nick. Maybe she was reserving her energy. 

• Love 1

I'm thinking now that I would not like Derek to take a few seasons off - because that gets interpreted as no one else can win when Derek is on the show unless the show is in a "everybody gets a trophy" mood.  I want him to get someone like a Paula Deen AND not be pimped AND be treated like any other pro on the show is treated.

• Love 11

It ended up as I thought it should ~ Bindi first, Nick second, and Alec third.

I was really impressed with Andy Grammer's singing and dancing.

Bindi was criticized early on for the 'faces' and it seemed she paid attention to those comments on the internet because she did calm them down a bit.  I was feeling sorry for her for the fact the make-up on the show was breaking her forehead out terribly.  She is a teenager, after all.  And, my goodness, who did her hair tonight? the upsweep was beautiful but the butterfly curl added on to her forehead was pretty bad...

I hope DWTS opens up a whole new career for Bindi.  It's done that for others.

Edited by scarlettudor
  • Love 7

Derek was actually trying to get them both holding the trophy shot.

When Bindi was up on someone's shoulders holding the trophy, Derek maneuvered her to switch hands so he could hold the trophy, too....he and his ego needed that picture of him holding mirror ball #whatever. He's so gross.

That said I was really rooting for Nick. He looked and sounded really good tonight :) I'm a BSB girl for life <2 And I absolutely adore Sharna <3

• Love 1

I missed the final show but congrats to Bindi, Derek, and their fans.

And congrats to Nick/Sharna and Alek/Lindsey for making it to the end. It was fun but glad it is over, back to the norms for me (sports and skyscrapers and oh normal sleeping schedule). I may or may not be back, some of you will be happy to see me gone but I enjoyed the time here despite the bickering here and there. Adios.

I guess my only two reflections on the season, looking back are:

1) This season had an inordinate number of booted Stars for whom I found myself asking "huh, were they on this season?"  I'm looking at you, Gary Busey.  That seems like forever ago; and

2) This season also had an inordinate number of "stars" about whom I knew nothing, or next to nothing.  Of all of them, Bindi is the only one who grabbed my interest and got me rooting for her.  I'm not going to hold CAI's slobbering against Bindi.  Bindi isn't responsible for Carrie Ann mixing Vodka and Vicodin.  Yes, Bindi was a little too saccharine for my tastes (especially as the season wore on).  But, if that's the biggest flaw a 17-year-old celebrity has, I'm not going to complain.

• Love 19

I'm thinking now that I would not like Derek to take a few seasons off - because that gets interpreted as no one else can win when Derek is on the show unless the show is in a "everybody gets a trophy" mood.  I want him to get someone like a Paula Deen AND not be pimped AND be treated like any other pro on the show is treated.

The last 2 seasons Derek came in 4th place and the season right before that he came in 2nd so I dont think it would be seen as no one else can win while Derek is there. I thought Amy was pimped pretty hard. This season though he really, really lucked out with someone the judges pimped harder than anyone I ever seen before in all the seasons I'm watching IMO he's not untouchable but I also doubt he'll ever be treated like the other pro's. But yeah I would SO love to see him get stuck with a really shitty partner and REALLY test out just how good his choreography is.  

Heh I just remembered that even when Derek got a real job for that Radio City show he STILL couldnt stay away so I'm not very hopeful he'll ever take that break.

I had no skin in the game, other than watching some of Val and Max's. Bindi's no surprise win is fine in a season that featured Paula Deen and Gary Busey---stunt casting all the way, Show!

'm glad Len will be back. Any chance he can bring 3 new judges with him? Because these fools have worn out their time on my TV.

• Love 1

Long and boring end to an awful season. Magic Mike HoHoHo Edition was hot and fun, but they could have just skipped everything else and gone straight to the crowning of Golden Boy and Miss Bindi and the finale would have been much more enjoyable.

• Love 2

Watched the last five minutes to see who won and a couple of times when what I was watching was on commercial.  That's how much I was interested.  I've never done that in past seasons.  No surprise about the win.  What really got me the most this season was overall it was dull and the endless gushing by the judges about Bindi.  I have nothing against her.  She does seem like a nice young lady and a very good dancer but the 'Steve Irwin's Daughter' and the tragedy just grated me after a while.  And why wasn't she on the Australian version?  Hm.

I really wanted to see Nick and Sharna win but I think most of us knew that wasn't going to happen. 

• Love 1

When Bindi was up on someone's shoulders holding the trophy, Derek maneuvered her to switch hands so he could hold the trophy, too....he and his ego needed that picture of him holding mirror ball #whatever. He's so gross.

This criticism comes up every season, and many of the celebrities have answered it - the trophy is REALLY heavy, and they often can't hold it up on their own. Rumer gave a cute interview about her win, where she described trying to hold it up, and immediately dropping it like her arm was made of a noodle.

• Love 6
Bindi isn't responsible for Carrie Ann mixing Vodka and Vicodin.

LMAO...This might be my favorite comment ever on the DWTS board. 

Personally the highlight of the night for me was Victor's adorable enthusiasm. To his being totally open to the short jokes like playing the elf and jumping on Alek's back. Someone was clearly have a really good time. 

Yes, Bindi's win was not a surprise but has any win in the last few seasons, since perhaps Kelly's "upset" of Zendaya been a surprise? Meryl's win was telegraphed from Week 1, as was Alfonso's and as was Rumer's last season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9