Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heads Up

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I'm guessing that what Gimple meant by the whole "The Glenn we know is dead." comment is that Glenn would emerge from underneath the dumpster with his (already ample) hotness cranked up to 11?

Did anybody else besides me regard Glenn's squirming emergence from under the dumpster as a (re-)birth allegory?

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 6

The Glenn save was weak but I'm glad for all of you that wanted him to be alive. It is really hard to invest myself in the individual characters as they can be and are killed off so easily.

Ron is a little sociopath in the making.

Morgan got voted off the Island of Trust... good call.

I think the tower should have caved in toward the initial collapse (fall away from the wall) but I didn't do well in statics class.

If the town Glenn came from is so close why not trap the walkers there. Look at what the Wolves did at the warehouse.

• Love 2

I can't believe how quickly these people get over things. It's been what, a day since the wolves attacked? Yet idiot supply lady is so immersed in her book she could have been killed ten times over. Didn't her close friends just get butchered? Must be a hell of a book. Judith is on reconnaissance missions with Carol, and Carl's just bee-bopping around with a stalker he doesn't seem to notice three feet behind him. Rick's fixing little nooks and crannies in a wall, while a giant building creaks and moans all day, literally falling apart, and preparing to break down their protection.

It seemed almost unreal to me. I'd be under a self-imposed house arrest, WITH my baby, and I'd be double checking every lock. Gun in one hand, machete in the other. These people even managed to have an impromptu city council meeting and reprimand Morgan.

I hope Sasha's IRL hubbie sleeps through being consumed. It's not like he was going to survive through Denise's care anyway. Woman had to read an entire medical text to figure out she should drain his wound. Carol's stretched pretty thin, but I'd prefer her caring for me. She and Lori kept Hershel alive after his amputation. Of course she may be a little premature in helping to end my suffering, but she'd feed me first.

• Love 19

Carol's stretched pretty thin, but I'd prefer her caring for me. She and Lori kept Hershel alive after his amputation. Of course she may be a little premature in helping to end my suffering, but she'd feed me first.

Whatever you do, don't request casserole as your last meal... Edited by FierceCritter
  • Love 1

Michonne! Carol! I missed you girls. Love you!  And you had significant scenes!

Oh, Michonne's WTF face when she understood that Rick didn't include the Alexandrians. Fighter and voice of reason. Love it.

And Carol is Rambo and James Bond. Love it.

Plus, Rosita! I like Rosita.

Even better, CDB had scenes together and not only with Alexandrians. Can I have more of this? Because that's kind of why I'm watching the show.

Morgan's state of mind makes me think that at one point, he might find his answer in sacrificing himself for the others.

Deanna is starting to redeem herself for me. I wonder if Spencer was trying to be an heroic idiot or if he had self-serving plans. I still see a potential, after all he wouldn't be the first asshole who can be redeemed. I guess we'll know next week who's wearing a red shirt in Alexandria.

Unsurprisingly, I'm Team Rick. I agree that he's afraid of losing more people, after everything that piled up in such a short time; and yes, for me most of Alexandrians have proven as liabilities so far, so I get why he wouldn't include them. I didn't think I'd agree with Tara giving him the finger, but in these circumstances, I did. He snapped in the heat of the moment, she answered in the heat of the moment. I'm glad that he apologized later, though -he isn't very big on apologies, usually. So I would say he's in semi-Ricktator mode. He actually listens to his people, and tells the others what to do...but he still protects them.

I actually saw a parallel between Rick and Enid, since she was being an ass with Glenn for the same reason Rick had no use for the Alexandrians (fear to lose people/see them as liabilities). I give her a pass because I have a soft spot for her, and  because 1) she's still young and excessive 2) her only human contacts since the ZA were with the Alexandrians in 100% oblivious mode, so I understand her state of mind.

I do think that it slowed the episode down/was intended to delay Glenn's arrival, but I was so glad to see Glenn shine in all his humanity, generosity, and pluckiness after that unfortunate death fake-out (but still better than a real death!).

No. She left Judith with Jessie while she went to check out what Morgan and Denise were doing.

This is the first time in the long time that I went NO, NO, NOOOOOO! with Carol.

Judith basically traded the safest place for the most dangerous one. And since last I checked, Carol was Team "Those people ain't us" Rick, so  I don't understand the move, except for Plot. My worry for Little Ass Kicker is going to go through the roof during the invasion next week.

Talking about dumbass moves, I wish that Carl were the voice of reason  with his Dad re: Teaching Die Ron Die to shoot. I love Carl, and yeah he knows better than PorchDick Junior. Go, Carl!

And it's a detail, but Jessie working at her statue annoyed me. It's cool that there's more to life, but I thought it was a poor choice the writers made to show her working on her art, whereas  everybody else or almost was trying to do something useful for Alexandria.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 9

I truly dont understand Father Pee Pee's role in the show. What has he contributed? Was he in the comics? Will he turn into a bad ass only to die 2 minutes later? Come on show...

They're keeping him around for when it's time for a black guy to die.

All of a sudden we're back to the original crew I'm glad the show remembered them, I was worried we were going to get more new people.

It looks like they'll be roaming the earth again, how many times are they going to do that?

• Love 1

I'm coming into this discussion a little late but wanted to give credit to one of our posters for comments he made on Oct 25 and Oct 26 regarding Glen.  Spinxella, YOU ARE DA MAN or DA WOMAN!!  Way to go on your perception of Glen's fate back on Episode 3. 

Here are the comments Spinxella gave:

Oct 25 2015, 10:56 pm
No NO NOOOOOO!!! In deep denial here. This can't be happening!!!
I refuse to believe Glenn is dead. Those were clearly Nicholas's guts! He landed on top of Glenn and shielded him. Glenn pulled a Rick move. The Horse & Tank from Season 1. While the Walkers were busy feasting on Nicholas, he crawled under the Dumpster. Something MUST happen next to distract the Walkers away from him.

Oct 26 2015, 1:04 am
That's the Dumpster which will save Glenn's Life!!! As you can see, there's enough space underneath for Glenn to crawl under.  The Dumpster is also fortified by a cement wall. Clearly I have thought about this a lot!!! #PrayForGlenn

I am very impressed that you guys remember the names of the ASZers. Because I really don't at all, until one of you mentions them, then I remember reading/hearing that name and kinda make that connection.

Its easy, once you make word associations or name replacements for them.....

Deanna - Who?

Reg - Wall-y

Aidan - Aszhat

Spencer - Stupid Prettyboy

Nicholas - Spineless  (tamed down version of what I usually called him)

Olivia - Bullet Barista or Pantry Patty

(Dr) Denise - Dr DoesLittle

Pete - Porchdick

Jessie - Hooting Haircutter

Ron - Porchdick Jr

Sam - Scarol's Whipping Boy

Tobin - Mr Save Myself

Francine - Lady Crane

Enid - Sometimes Ron's GF, but Always Ms Independent

Mrs Neudermeyer - Mrs Noodlemaker

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 9

Why must we watch Eugene backslide? He showed a lot in rescuing Tara and Glenn (& Nicholas), but now just hearing walkers makes him wimpiest of the wimps. Just hard to accept.

frustrating that he didn't just suck it up and learn machete skills, but I'd say not inconsistent in terms of attitude. There was imminent danger at the warehouse and I think he was still reluctant. So, without the immediacy, he shuts down like same ol' Eugene. Edited by lulee
  • Love 3

frustrating that he didn't just suck it up and learn machete skills, but I'd say not inconsistent in terms of attitude. There was imminent danger at the warehouse and I think he was still reluctant. So, without the immediacy, he shuts down like same ol' Eugene.

Good point.

Maybe she should have told him to picture her and Abe in his mind, and to wield the machete like he would his 'sword' in the Self Help section.  I'm sure that would stiffen his *ahem* resolve.

• Love 1
Something that really bugged me was Rick was making a big deal about "lets not make too much noise" and later not doing shooting practice with Porchdick jr BUT even later on, he and Tobin are just hammering away like it was no big thing meanwhile the damn zombies were just piling up right there where all the noise was which happened to be right there where the fucked up tower was......dear lord, Tara should just shoot Rick the bird from now on forever.

For some reason, the "quote" function isn't working properly for me right now but I just wanted to give a big "yes" to diebartdie for that comment.

No one thought about adding internal supports for the wall before the 65,000 zombies showed up? And, frankly, they needed every able bodied Alexandrian out there with a hammer and nails. (Rick and Tobin are accomplishing very little on their own.) Maybe then someone would have noticed that the tower was creaking and shedding wood strips. 

• Love 4
Also, I don't think Carl was being too pompous, he should have gone harder.  Yeah, Ron, I did this shit when I was eight.  Learn your place.

I didn't think he was either. He may have had a slightly snotty tone, but I thought he was trying to impart some wisdom on the noob. He's like, "Look, you're going to be scared. So you need to make sure you have this shit down". He doesn't need Ron going off all half-cocked with a big ego cause he's shooting a gun now. 

• Love 15

I hope the tower fell on Ron.

Besides trying to hide Tara's (the actress's) pregnancy, it's funny that they are trying to hide the fact that the kid who plays Sam is now 6' tall by having him sit in all his scenes.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
I'm sorry but I have to say, Glenn's survival was weak, cheap and lazy. They really should be ashamed of themselves for pulling that stunt. I'm not saying I wanted Glenn to die, but they never should have gone for that cheap storyline if they weren't going to kill him. It's manipulative and annoying.

Right there with you (I don't really feel manipulated though, or care if a show manipulates). And now I am waiting for all the Facebook posts saying, "Told you guys he was alive!" -- which will be very annoying, as most of the people I know that were in the "he's dead" camp did not doubt the show would keep him alive; we were mainly skeptical that the show would come up with a plausible scenario to explain how that could be. My boyfriend went full-on Annie Wilkes in Misery about it.

In all fairness to Little Porchdick, haven't we all wanted to shoot Coral?

I like Carl; I'll be mad if that damn Ron hurts him!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
If anything, this season's Judith(s) look more like Shane. Actually she/they just have brown hair and eyes, but no real resemblance to Rick, Shane or Lori. Still adorable, though!

The new Judith TOTALLY looks like Shane. Which doesn't bother me, because timeline wise I don't see how Judith could be Rick's. But it's a bit disconcerting that this current Judith looks nothing like the one they were using 2 weeks ago in show time. 

Olivia must be the worst guard of the food bank ever.  Even Porchdick Jr. was able to fake her out so he could steal some bullets.

What I want to know is, how on earth would PD Jr. know which bullets were right for that gun? He'd never even held one until recently, and suddenly he can suss out the armory in 5 seconds flat? 

Not sure I buy Spencer's explanation that he was trying to get over the walls to go and get a car and come back to lure the walkers away.   Suddenly he's going to play hero?

No kidding. He was probably taking his big stockpile of food and getting the fuck out of Dodge. Or he was going to scavenge for more food that he wouldn't share with anyone while he got drunk and bawled out his mother. 

I don't get how anyone can define what is the accepted mourning period after a significant other dies in the Zombie Apocalypse. In the horror of the world falling apart, turning to someone for comfort does earn the outrage and judgement that was cast on Lori, IMO.

Let's not forget Shane loved Rick like a brother. They were both mourning and probably clung to each other for comfort, it's not uncommon. Also, Lori had a small son to protect and she wasn't very good at that whole protecting thing. Hitching her wagon to Shane was essential for their survival. 

I think this is very true, although given how Rick seems to view the Alexandrians, a slightly more apt comparison would be a loving parent's reaction to a kid who runs out into traffic to save a pet who's gotten loose. Like that kid, Tara was acting on blind instinct. Like that loving parent, Rick lost his fucking mind on her.

And, like a good parent, he went to her afterward, apologized, and explained himself. I really liked that moment between them, not only because it showed the goodness inside of both of them, but I also love when we get moments between members of the group that we rarely see together. 

• Love 6

While I disagree with Morgan's "all life is precious" deal he has going right now, his "Okay" to Rick when Rick said they needed to talk later was heartbreaking. The inflections Lennie James uses make me feel for him. I wish he'd been able to kill his zombie wife in episode 1 and Duane had survived. 

I can't stand Tara. I know Rick isn't always right, but I haven't like her from the beginning, so her giving him the finger just annoyed me. I don't think I like the actress, and I am certain I don't like the character. I kind of feel like I wonder what gave her the right to have such attitude? She "helped" Glenn find Maggie? She was loyal to him after he saved her? I just don't feel the character has done anything to "earn" the way she behaves. She encourages Eugene to try, and I guess that's something. I don't feel I saw her grow into someone who "just does" after being the scared girl in the apartment that didn't know zombies needed headshots to die.

Yay, Glenn. I guess. I guess they showed his fate first thing so they could put his name back in the credits. That is the cheapest thing the show has ever done, IMO.

Maggie, just use your original accent. Suddenly becoming british is better than that southern mush-mouth you've developed. I don't know anyone here that sounds like you.

Almost forgot FPP. I like that he's trying, and trying in a way he knows how. He certainly isn't perfect, but people aren't, and that town could use a prayer circle. Looks like they will certainly need one after next week if they survive. A bit of hope could be a good thing. I liked that element when Hershel brought it. FPP is no Hershel, but having faith and hope isn't the worst thing ever. (You hear me, writers?)

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 5
At what point did Carol turn into Gladys Kravitz?  Really?  She needs to go around and spy on people?  I get it,  there are really stupid people in their little compound, but why does she have to be the only one that continues to root out all of the idiocy?

Someone else mentioned this upthread and I agree - it makes sense that Carol, as a former abused wife, would be a very keen observer and equally good at sneaking around. 

At what point will Rick stop being a dick?  You can bet that if his little girlfriend and/or her kids tried to go over the fence,  above the walkers, he would have done anything to save them.

I thought he did do everything to try and save Spencer as well. 

• Love 5

Hello Glenn.

No, you couldn't leave Enid behind because of Maggie. You couldn't do it because THAT is who you are ... and you needed her to show you the way back LOL

Tara, I think I just fell in love with you. Yes to the middle finger!

• Love 2

Carol leaving Judith with Jessie fills me with dread.

I live in fear of the inevitable bowl style haircut.....

Oh, Rick might not notice... look at Carl's stupid bangs... but I don't think Carol will put up with that.  

Once upon a time, Daryl wouldn't put up with anyone messing with Lil' Asskicker... and it's obvious how HE feels about haircuts.  

Stay away from the scissors, Jessie.  Trust me.  

• Love 3

Rick did nearly get pulled over the wall trying to save Spencer's dumb ass.  If Tobin and then Morgan hadn't been there to brace him there's a fairly good chance he would have been.  

I kind of liked him doing the dad yelling at Tara just as I liked her giving him the finger and answering him back.  The last scene I remember these two characters having together is all the way back near the beginning of last season after Terminus when he acknowledged seeing her with the Guvnuh's people and recognizing that she wasn't really one of them.  This scene was a nice reminder that while Rick is just over giving even half a shit about anyone who isn't a member of his original crew pretty much anyone who isn't a member of the original Atlanta five was in fact a new person at some point who was given a chance.

• Love 9

I don't mind Gabriel, but I have real issues with him not helping watching the walls. He could pray at the wall. Instead he is forming a prayer circle. I don't like how any of the African American men are being written on TWD. They keep hiring talented African American actors, only to emasculate their characters. and I think that it is racism.

Don't they have shifts? Isn't that what Carol said when she dumped Judith on Jessie? Its possible that is just wasn't his shift or maybe Rick doesn't allow him to stand watch, but I totally get what you are saying.

• Love 1

And it's a detail, but Jessie working at her statue annoyed me. It's cool that there's more to life, but I thought it was a poor choice the writers made to show her working on her art, whereas  everybody else or almost was trying to do something useful for Alexandria.

This! I just think the writing is so clumsy to have her working on her statue.  This is the day after the Wolves slaughtered half their town, and there are people reading books, randomly walking down the street, and sculpting owls!?? (Granted, they were also taking lessons from Rosita, but then they suddenly reverted back to ineptitude).  This from the woman who oh-so-convincingly proclaimed that this is what the world looks like now. We have to fight or we die.  Um, ok.  So there are walkers outside the wall 20 deep and the best use of time is to work on art? I guess that kiss from Rick just made all the bad stuff just magically disappear?  

I know the writers want us to understand how sheltered and out-of-touch the Alexandrians are, but if the viewer hasn't figured that out by now, then it's time to turn off the TV and perhaps read a book. We get it.  They are clueless, but no one that has survived this long could be this ridiculously so.  

Why hasn't Rick called a town meeting and assigned everyone tasks that may actually save their asses? Instead, he screams for them to be quiet.  That's a great plan, Rick.  (And I LOVE Rick).  

Edited by DirtieBertie17
  • Love 6

I'm still on team "we take this place." Except with the massive hole in the wall, it really isn't worth taking. Still, has there been a time where an Alexandrian was more of an asset than a liability?

For all of their faults and unworthiness to live, Rick and his crew have benefitted from what the Alexandrians have established though the plague that they (CDB) are is about to blow all that up LOL

• Love 2

Please do not keep these emo, angsty teens on this show.  The world's a shithole of zombies, rapists, cannibals and murderers but Enid, Porchdick Jr. and Coral can still only focus on themselves and their hormones. Did Enid ever tell Glen about the Wolves' attack? Ron thinks he'll be able to kill Coral and/or Rick and there will be no repercussions? Carl and his snarky advise to PorchDick Jr. during gun training bugged.

This is how teenagers behave. They are selfish, petty, overly sensitive little drama queens. Every problem they experience is the first time that problem ever happened in the world. Every slight diss they experience is the worst. thing. ever.

And like it or not the future of mankind rests on their shoulders- we need them. They and their ridiculous hormones will rebuild society and  fuel the next generations of humanity.

It's not a pretty picture but is very accurate so I think having them on the show rings true.

I love Eugene. There would be people like him, and people like Sam. Not everyone is cut out to be a machete wielding soldier- some of us would be hiding and eating cookies and hoping for the best. 

And open toed shoes have no place in an apocalypse or construction zone- protect your feet, people!

• Love 14

I watched this with my father-in-law, who was visiting from 4000 miles away for his semi-annual visit, so I missed a few moments here and there.  It was disconcerting to explain every detail to him – or even the basic premise of the show, which admittedly sounds pretty damned stupid (“And they come back?  Why is that one still moving?  The brain?  They eat people?  What?  Why??”)  I was only a little bit ashamed of my trashy taste in teevee shows.  *shrug* 

Here is my understatement of the year: Rick continues to show poor judgment with respect to the Anderson family.  The old Rick would have recognized that Ron holds a massive grudge against him for killing his father.  This Rick is not paying attention.  And neither is Carl, obviously, if he’s oblivious to Ron stalking him with a gun.   Rick told us that he has learned that weak people can be dangerous; he knew that about Carter, who represented the bulk of the ASZhats.  But he seems to discount this with regards to Ron; maybe because he’s still a kid, in his eyes. 

Spencer: he is the biggest lying liar who ever lied.  That weasel was not in any way, shape or form going to run off, find a working car and drive back to lure the zombies away.  NOPE.  Tara is stupid (I have never liked her) but I did like the bird part.  HA.  Take, that Dicktator Rick.

Speaking of other B characters, Rosita was way too harsh on Eugene.  Like really.  You’ve been with this dude forever, as long as you’ve been with Abraham, and you’re tearing a strip off him in the hopes he would suddenly, magically become a badass?  What was the point – to show the soft ASZhats – err, what exactly, that these numbskulls haven’t already seen since CDB showed up?  Not everyone can be, not everyone is meant to be, not everyone should be a badass.  Fuck off already with that nonsense.  Show the strengths these people really have, show their usefulness – Eugene is smart, he knows a lot of stuff about stuff and thangs, let’s see this in action.  And I did laugh at his “open-toed shoes” comment – can always count on him to crack me up.  That is also a useful skill, Show! 

Everything else has already been skillfully addressed by our delightful commentators here. 

Oh FPP – Prayer Circle by the Solar Panel – I had a laugh when Rick ripped the notices down.  But then I felt bad.  Carl and his “Daaaaaad!”  But FPP defiantly taped it back up.  Like Tara’s defiant finger flipping!  You can only go on like Captain Bligh for so long, Rick.

• Love 5

Any character (other than Rick) had made that miraculous escape I would have given a side eye with a duck lip chaser but since it was Glen I actually smiled and my eyes leaked. 

Although Tara's middle finger was amusing I was little upset. Rick cares about that group and no one is Alexandria is worth risking your life for; not to mention she put everyone else in danger by proxy. She has no leadership qualities or skills so she needs to stay in her lane.  

Are they keeping Sam upstairs to hide that fact that kids looks about 6 feet tall now? Holy growth spurt Batman!! That haircut makes him look like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber now that he has gotten so big

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 9

Glenn's alive. I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

WE know the balloons came from Glenn because we saw him and Enid with them, but how does anyone back at Alexandria? It's kind of a stretch to jump to the conclusion they're even a message and not some of the balloons they put up breaking loose and floating away, but why does Maggie assume it's a message from Glenn and not Daryl or Sasha or Abraham?

Speaking of balloons, given how easily distracted walkers clearly are, why not just float a few over the heads of the ones massing at the walls? Or anything bright and shiny or loud. One starts going and the rest follow. If you're going to be dumb enough to let them build up into record numbers on your wall (they made sure to clear them out periodically at the prison so they used to understand the threat) it's your own damn fault when they eventually break it down, as you know from experience in every single other place you have ever holed up. And was that tower rock solid until it gave way? I get that the Alexandrians aren't the most observant people in the world but no one noticed the tower swaying?

• Love 3
Speaking of other B characters, Rosita was way too harsh on Eugene.  Like really.  You’ve been with this dude forever, as long as you’ve been with Abraham, and you’re tearing a strip off him in the hopes he would suddenly, magically become a badass?  What was the point – to show the soft ASZhats – err, what exactly, that these numbskulls haven’t already seen since CDB showed up?  Not everyone can be, not everyone is meant to be, not everyone should be a badass.  Fuck off already with that nonsense.

I agree that Rosita was too harsh on Eugene, and I felt awful for him in that moment. But I think she is lashing out because she's missing Abe and worried about him. I'm not saying that's okay, but I don't think she generally is that disgusted with Eugene. 

Seeing this in Rosita just makes me even more uncomfortable about how things are going to shake out when Sasha and Abe get back, and then I get all nervous that they'll just kill Rosita instead of attempting to deal with that quagmire in an interesting way. 

• Love 5

There was alot to like this week. I rather enjoyed Father Gabriel putting his signs back up after Rick tore them down. The guy is trying to be a better person and Rick is acting like a bully. It's the end of the world. Just writing off people who talked smack about you isn't a good idea. You never know when you'll need their help.

The round table with Morgan, Rick, Michonne and Carol could have been longer. We actually got a discussion about Morgan's philosophy where everyone acted like grownups and it felt like it was too short.

I like the dynamic of Deanna thinking long term while Rick deals with the day-today stuff. If Alexandria is going to thrive they need someone thinking further ahead.

It was absolutely great to see Tara and Michonne put Rick in his place in their reespective scenes. He's getting too wired again and needs to be brought down a peg or two. Working with Tobin was also good for him.

If they manage to repell the walkers streaming in at the end someone should really plan a "what to do if the walls are breached" seminar. Maybe Carol could be the keynote speaker.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 6

I didn't think he was either. He may have had a slightly snotty tone, but I thought he was trying to impart some wisdom on the noob. He's like, "Look, you're going to be scared. So you need to make sure you have this shit down". He doesn't need Ron going off all half-cocked with a big ego cause he's shooting a gun now.

I didn't pick up on any snotty attitude from Carl, he seemed rather earnest in his desire to help Ron learn. I get the feeling that Carl would very much love to have a friend his own age that could understand him.
  • Love 7

It's not a good sign when I can FF through half an episode. At this point I feel like one of the zombies massing at the walls, waiting for something meaningful to happen on this show. 

Spencer: he is the biggest lying liar who ever lied.  That weasel was not in any way, shape or form going to run off, find a working car and drive back to lure the zombies away.

Agreed. He was up to something. Maybe with the W's.

The round table with Morgan, Rick, Michonne and Carol could have been longer. We actually got a discussion about Morgan's philosophy where everyone acted like grownups and it felt like it was too short.

Agreed. For a long time now I've wanted to see more of those type of problems. Instead of the revolving door of "bad guys", let's have some inner-group conflict. A,B, and C want to do it this way, but D and E disagree. I think Morgan's philosophy is ill suited for their situation, as Michonne pointed out, but I can understand why he's desperately trying to hang onto it. What do we do with that? Because he IS an asset to the group in so many ways. I would have liked a little more of this conversation and less of Glenn trying to reason with Emo Enid. 

• Love 6

I dont understand folks saying CDB should pack it in and leave ASZ now that the walls are down? First of all, the wallS are not down, one TINY portion of the wall is down. Second of all, that little herd is no big deal, Michonne could deal with it by herself on her worst day. Third, ASZ has POWER and CLEAN RUNNING WATER and lots of solid, intact houses to live in. All they have to do is deal with the herd, fix the wall back up, reinforce the wall and add more watch towers, maybe burn down the surrounding neighborhood and they're golden! If I was living in ASZ I would do anything I could to keep it safe. Fuck living on the road. Finally I saw a poster above asking yet again why did Rick release the horde from the quarry. Really? Rick didd not release them, he was preparing to in a few days but the inevitable happened, part of the retaining wall collapsed releasing the entire horde which also points out that the idea of setting all quarry zeds on fire would not have worked, the retaining wall was already collapsing, a horde of flaming zombies would be SO MUCH WORSE in that they are still lethal zombies PLUS they would be spreading fire which would be extremely hard to contain.

(Edit because I do realize my post contains a contradiction but Ima leave it there, just want yall to know I know what I did there ;) )

Edited by diebartdie
  • Love 8

Speaking of balloons, given how easily distracted walkers clearly are, why not just float a few over the heads of the ones massing at the walls? Or anything bright and shiny or loud. One starts going and the rest follow. If you're going to be dumb enough to let them build up into record numbers on your wall (they made sure to clear them out periodically at the prison so they used to understand the threat) it's your own damn fault when they eventually break it down, as you know from experience in every single other place you have ever holed up. And was that tower rock solid until it gave way? I get that the Alexandrians aren't the most observant people in the world but no one noticed the tower swaying?

Or as Glenn's survival has shown, rolling tin cans by work just as well.  Too bad Glenn couldn't get back in time to clue the Alexandrians in on this since they're apparently hoarding lots of canned goods.

The tower, while dilapidated looking, seemed solid enough when everyone was playing watchman in it up until the Wolves' truck slammed into it.  The big crack running up the length of it was noticeable from outside the wall but nobody's been outside the wall for any length of time to look things over since the herd showed up.  They all apparently missed the random boards falling off it all episode that told us that something bad was about to happen to it.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 3
I dont understand folks saying CDB should pack it in and leave ASZ now that the walls are down? First of all, the wallS are not down, one TINY portion of the wall is down. Second of all, that little herd is no big deal, Michonne could deal with it by herself on her worst day.

Remember when the prison fence came down and Rick and Carl mowed down that entire herd of walkers all by themselves? This herd might be larger, but they also have more people and, I'd wager, more guns. They should be able to handle this!

• Love 6

Morgan's character confuses me. Ok, his outlook does. You can only try and talk down a lunatic for so long, but when that lunatic says 'whatever' and decides to do some real hurt, it's common sense to put a stop to that. Correct? 

I just don't like Morgan anymore. I don't know why the show decided to do this with his character. 

• Love 9

Carol was Team "Those people ain't us" Rick, so  I don't understand the move, except for Plot.

Carol and Rick do differ somewhat. If Rick considers you one of the group, he will do everything he can to protect you and will forgive you pretty much anything; if you're in, you're in, but if you're out, you may as well be pond scum. Carol will do everything she can to protect the group, with the crucial difference that if you're a group member whose existence threatens the group, she will end you (Karen, David, Lizzie). 

That's why Rick will try to reason with Morgan, because he considers him part of the group and wants to protect him the same way he protects the rest of his family. It's also why he lost his shit on Tara: she's a member of his family and she endangered her own life to save "one of them." Tara sweetly doesn't distinguish between "them" and "us," so she perceives no difference between saving Spencer and saving, say, Michonne or Eugene if they're in danger.

frustrating that he didn't just suck it up and learn machete skills, but I'd say not inconsistent in terms of attitude. There was imminent danger at the warehouse and I think he was still reluctant. So, without the immediacy, he shuts down like same ol' Eugene.

Not only that, but Eugene really only stepped up and confronted his fears to save Tara (it was still relatively safe when he blared music from the van to lure the walkers away from Glenn and Noah), and he loves Tara (as a friend, but he clearly loves her). I doubt he would or could do what he did for Tara in Season 5 for anyone else.

If you want to see Eugene be a walker-slaying badass, put Tara in mortal peril. Otherwise, I don't think you can expect that much from him.

Speaking of other B characters, Rosita was way too harsh on Eugene.  Like really.  You’ve been with this dude forever, as long as you’ve been with Abraham, and you’re tearing a strip off him in the hopes he would suddenly, magically become a badass?

Rosita knows full well what Eugene is all about. What she is worried about, I think, is his obvious terror spreading to the other machete trainees. By making an example of him in front of all of them, she was attempting to contain his fearful attitude and prevent the others from turning into Eugenes. Her speech to Eugene was for the others' benefit, not his. That's how I read the scene, anyway.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 11