Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 2/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, they're only going to test Finn and Steffy? Like Steffy might not have slept with someone else besides Liam? Oh puhleeeeeeze! But that'll make it even easier for somebody to mess with the test results. It'll be just like Sharon did on Y&R. Okay, my money might be on Brooke now to be the one to alter the results to make sure it's Finn. There probably won't be any hacking expertise required.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:01 AM, RuntheTable said:

If that baby turns out to be Liam's, then I really need Kelly to turn out to be Bill's. Now there is a SL I could get behind, Bill and his new sweetheart, who is actually his daughter. That would be a whole new kind of love affair for Bill; I can only imagine how he would spoil a little girl. It could also serve the dual purpose of snuffing out any Batie reunions, because I think Katie would get her nose all in a snit. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Steffy being pregnant isn't a miracle. Why do they keep saying that? Is she not supposed to able to have children or something? If so, she might want to clue in her ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and uterus because they seem to be working just fine.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:03 AM, Anna Yolei said:

I assume they're referring to when her cycling accident left her infertile supposedly but the pilot light in her oven got repaired in Europe a long time ago. We know this because Quinn flew her out to break up one of Lope's weddings to tell this to Liam in person.

Fertility on a soap opera is shakier than Liam's loyalties but typical, shows give it a rest after the first miracle child.

WRT to the post above by @Joimiaroxeu and @Anna Yolei, I think Show keeps having characters parrot the "every child is a gift" line because soaps these days (and perhaps the Bell family in particular) are fairly conservative. It reminds me of Hallmark movies (under the old regime before the new CEO came in) where 95% of their movies depicted straight, white couples wherein the lead male/female character has a child(ren) due to widowhood, never divorce. It's fairly noticeable that a certain demographic is being depicted, but thankfully, that has changed with the new CEO (a black female iirc).  

On 2/3/2021 at 11:01 AM, backhometome said:

Let me guess Vinny is going to change the results of the PT. 

19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

There you go, the seed has been planted that either Lurch or Vinny will fudge the paternity test. 

My prediction is this:  the baby will be Finn's but either Thomas or Vinny will switch the result. Why Vinny would do that, I don't know.  Can anyone here post a reason why he might get involved in something that really doesn't involve him?

As for how Vinny might do it...see below post where Show won't bother to think through the logistics/mechanics. We'll just see  Vinny switch the result in real time (or in a flashback at some point down the road). 

9 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Ah, my quirkily handsome Vinny! I wish he was being brought back for better reasons, but he will clearly be involved in some sort of sample switching. My question is how? What access does Vinny have to the hospital? And even if he did have access, how would he know what to do to mess with the samples? I just don't get it because only Steffy and Finn provided anything, so unless he can somehow get a swab of Liam's mouth how can that work out? Unless he switches Finn sample with one of his own. This isn't the old days when Sheila had the blood samples on a carousel with Mike playing spin the samples. I am sure Show, in it's medical creativity, will come up with something. 

• Love 4

How big is that cabin? Brooke made it sound like Beth has her own bedroom. Not that that's unusual but I didn't think the cabin had three bedrooms--assuming Douglas also has his own room. 🤔

Wow, I liked Zoe's pantsuit. That's a good color for her. And Paris looked amazing! Way more professional than her usual outfits.

Liam had a point, why is Thomas still at Brooke's house? If Thomas doesn't want to go back to his apartment he could at least go to Eric's.

Ehhhh, ease up on the manspreading, Tom. I know you were trying to exert lowkey dominance with Liam but everybody doesn't need a straight view into your crotch. 😑

Thomas, you might've overstepped. It's not your place to be schooling a husband on his wife's feelings. (But then Hope shouldn't have been confiding in you about her marriage either.) Oddly though, Liam just rolled with it instead of cussing him out.

Zoe is solidly crazypants. It's all Paris' fault? Pshht, not hardly, sweetie. It wasn't her job to  save you after you'd already dug your two-timing self into a hole. Gosh darn it, they're forcing me to side with Paris. Aaaarrgggh! 🥺

I almost felt sorry for Ridge today, once he realized the full scope of Steffy's situation. Does he ever take a quiet moment to reflect on why both of his adult children are such messes? They stay making bad decisions that effect so many people's lives.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

My prediction is this:  the baby will be Finn's but either Thomas or Vinny will switch the result. Why Vinny would do that, I don't know.  Can anyone here post a reason why he might get involved in something that really doesn't involve him?

As for how Vinny might do it...see below post where Show won't bother to think through the logistics/mechanics. We'll just see  Vinny switch the result in real time (or in a flashback at some point down the road). 

I’m guessing show would say he was helping a friend out. (Not that it makes any sense) He seems to be still pushing for Thomas and Hope to be together. Since Vinny is a dealer they could establish that he has sources inside the hospital for his supply or perhaps a customer that owes him. I think that source would either let him into the place where the results could be changed or change the results for him. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

It’s not Liam’s house Thomas is living in. Waffle has no business telling Thomas where to live. 🙄

So the Forrester Foundation doesn’t have its own office building or at least its own office suite in the Forrester Creations building? 🙄

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

WRT to the post above by @Joimiaroxeu and @Anna Yolei, I think Show keeps having characters parrot the "every child is a gift" line because soaps these days (and perhaps the Bell family in particular) are fairly conservative.

I mean, that's part of it, but it didn't used to be this on the damn nose. In recent memory, the only true miracle baby was Bridget's son Logan who came after a stillbirth and two miscarriages and because she wasn't a complete trashbag of a human being, I was actually happy for her in spite of the ONS and her vitriol towards her surrogate that Nick got too friendly towards.

But Steffy? Miss me with that crap. To paraphrase from the original Stephanie Forrester, there's no halo over that Persian cat she calls her hair. And she's never been a heroine...not even close.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Thomas, you might've overstepped. It's not your place to be schooling a husband on his wife's feelings. (But then Hope shouldn't have been confiding in you about her marriage either.) Oddly though, Liam just rolled with it instead of cussing him out.

I mean....WTF can he say on this? I'll be in Liam's corner to drag Thomas for Beth for the rest of his life, but Thomas was never wrong about Waffles being waffles or how that IRL would've factored into Hope's preservation at pushing divorce before he could.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

almost felt sorry for Ridge today, once he realized the full scope of Steffy's situation. Does he ever take a quiet moment to reflect on why both of his adult children are such messes? They stay making bad decisions that effect so many people's lives.

Ridge can't even reflect on his own fucking life 😂

Steffy's mistakes are hers to own but having a waffling father figure definitely didn't help, even if Ridge was not truly trash as far as soap dad's go before TK took over.

• Love 9

What is up with Ridge and his recently found Hope love? Just like when Thomas was in the hospital, he once again shows concern for Hope. Not only does he show concern for her, but he shows it before any like sentiment is given to his heauxing daughter. Could it be that Ridge is reaching the end of his rope where his kids are concerned? When you think about it, he has had to navigate some pretty polluted waters in their behalf without their mother present. No, Taylor is off, happily living her life, leaving Ridge to handle all the hard stuff. Well, maybe I am being a bit too hard, I mean, she was doing all that phone counseling with Thomas. She prolly afraid to come home; too many people gunning for the good Doc. What with Bill still feeling the sting of the bullet she put in his back, and Hope/Liam still bonding with their stolen daughter. Ridge looked exhausted, and like he needed a good stiff drink. 

Brooke, just because you don't mind being an idiot, floating through life like a piece of Bridge flotsam, doesn't mean Hope does too. Love doesn't always equal forgiveness. And happy families don't always equal them either. Hope loving Liam isn't the issue, Liam stepping out on their marriage isn't the issue. Liam not knowing who his wife is, not believing in her, and her commitment to him, is. Hope should be done with him for putting her in this position. 

No Liam, you don't get to start shit with Thomas about his living arrangements, particularly given your current situation, but I digress, then tell him you don't have time for his comebacks. I really dislike agreeing with Thomas, but in this instance I must. Of course Thomas didn't say anything we don't already know; all the same, it was somehow very satisfying. However, watching Hope and Liam pour out their misery in front of Thomas was all kinds of weird. 

I didn't think I could detest anyone as much as I detest waste of space, POS Flo Fulton, but Zoey is quickly climbing the list. How unprofessional, not to mention rude, was your interruption of Paris's work call? Then you compound that ish by blaming your current situation on Paris? I'm sorry, but was Paris the one who accepted a man's proposal and his ring, while wanting another? Was Paris the one who stalked the other one to his home, and actually had the guy running around the room to avoid her advances? Was Paris the one who would not stop, even after the guy told her every way from Sunday he was not interested? No Zoey, you made this bed, now you can lie in it, and you can shut the hell up about this being Paris's fault. I really don't understand why Paris let's her sister treat her this way. A girl needs to find her voice and let some bish's have a mouthful. I hope Carter kicks her stank, traitorous tramp ass to the the curb hard. Then I hope he goes and finds a lonely, gentle, beautiful blonde. 

I don't understand what is going on with Brooke's wardrobe. She looked like a Paladin the past two days, and now she looks like a Kung Fu instructor. And both outfits make her look chubbed up. Please Show, bring back my sexy vixen. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ehhhh, ease up on the manspreading, Tom. I know you were trying to exert lowkey dominance with Liam but everybody doesn't need a straight view into your crotch. 😑

He ain’t got nothing on Billy Abbott over on Y&R. Billy’s JT spreads his hips so wide you’d think he’d dislocate his hips. 😂

How about the show does a reboot of My Two Dad’s with Liam and Finn raising Kelly and Baby Marrone whose paternity remains a mystery due to....reasons and Steffy leaves because of ....reasons (which coincides with JMcW’s maternity leave).

They could do a swerve and have the test results come back inconclusive because dun...dun....dun...Liam and Finn are related because .....dun...dun....dun....Finn is another son of Bill’s! Maybe he is Liam’s fraternal twin brother that Kelly gave up because she couldn’t take care of twins. Either way a Hell of a way for Bill to be pulled into this story but it would certainly be with a bang.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

What crawled up Zoey’s ass and died?  Zoey, it’s your fault and your fault alone, but blaming Paris makes her feel better.  I hope she gets her ass fired but she deserves to loose Carter and watch Paris and Zende swapping spit through a partially open door (our hero).  Lurch and Zoey should reunite and vanish as they explore Death Valley.

Ridge looks even more grubby than usual today. I guess the new theme for dressing the character is retro Middle Ages.  Stuffy can hide Kelly in her puffy sleeves. 

You might think that Brooke is being supportive but she’s not.  Does Brooke have to keep rehashing the nefarious deed?  She’s just making Hope feel worse. 

It’s a miracle. After his operation, he was actually able to change his spots.  He’s gone from a Jaguar to a Leopard. Slightly smaller but still a predictor. Why the fuck does Hope owe Lurch an answer and why is she and Liam pouring their heart out in front of Lurch?  

• Love 5

Yesterday was infuriating, but I was the maddest at Brooke. So, Liam, who made vows to Hope, gets a pass, & she encourages Hope to stay with him, because they love each other. Then, she races over to Steffy's to berate her for sleeping with Liam. She should be mad at Steffy for that night, but she should be furious at Liam. She should also be encouraging her daughter to step-off of the merry-go-round of "Who Will Liam Knock Up This Year?" If that was my daughter, I'd strongly encourage her to free herself from him as much as possible, & find herself a man who can commit to her & stay committed. Also, not Thomas. Also, could be a woman. I don't care, just not Liam. Or Thomas. 

ETA: Hope could totally stay single, as far as I'm concerned, I just think she should not be in a relationship with Liam. Or Thomas. 

Edited by nkotb
Women can be single, Bell.
  • Love 16

The outfits Brooke and Paris have on make me instinctively shout wtf everytime I see them. Just no. 

Brooke I don't mind you putting Steffy on blast because she's a hypocritical bitch and she's put your family on blast over way less while conveniently ignoring her own transgressions, but don't be stupid, this is Liam's fault just as much as it is hers if not slightly more. He was looking for a reason to cheat and he found one. You aren't a good mother for encouraging your daughter to stay with shithead Liam just because you can stay with a man who thinks it's okay to run around on you and, kiss another woman but loses his shit when you do the same doesn't mean Hope can or should. Why hasn't anyone brought up his jealousy of Finn? Which was strike one? (and two tbh) 

I guess Liam will get away with being a hypocrite just like Ridge did with the whole Shauna/Brooke/Bill ordeal....and like Steffy does in general. I hate this fucking show. 

Zoey go play in traffic you ugly, two-timing skank. I think I lost brain cells at Zoey's rationale that her getting busted is Paris's fault.  So I guess the weeks of her sexually harassing Zende just flew over her fucking head? Why is she still here? They should kill her off. That's how done I am with her stupid ass. She should take Felony, Shauna, and Quinn with her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 2/4/2021 at 11:57 AM, CountryGirl said:

Brooke has had her share of sexual shenanigans, but the difference is, she has paid for her mistakes and has decades-old escapades thrown in her face, over and over again, namely by Taylor and Steffy now that Stephanie is dead and gone.

And considering Taylor slept her way through not just one, but two families? She has zero room to talk. Neither does Steffy who has slept with all the Spencer men (give her time with a SORAS-ed Will) and thought nothing of losing her v-card to Rick, her twin and mother's ex, and this when Phoebe's body was barely cold. She's cheated with every single relationship she's ever had (Marcus with Rick, Liam with Wyatt, as lying in bed with your husband's brother with just your skivvies on is not okay in my book, nor is the emotional affair they were having, Liam with Bill, Wyatt with Liam, and Finn with Liam). She also attempted to get committed men to cheat with her - Oliver (when he was dating Hope), Owen (who was married to Jackie), Bill (when he was married to Katie), and Liam (pretty much any day ending in y). Yet Taylor and Steffy always manage to be seen as somehow deserving of a pedestal (Taylor especially) or some sort of victim (Steffy). Steffy used her pregnancy with Kelly to garner sympathy for her fucking Bill and not knowing whom the daddy was and she's doing the same damn thing now. 

And yet both mother and daughter, Steffy of late as Taylor is obviously not coming back anytime soon, if ever, consistently fix their mouths to spew hatred and slut shame Brooke and even Hope when their own mirrors would crack under the weight of their hypocrisy. 

I wanna frame this post and hang it on my wall. Steffy and Taylor haven't paid for jack shit and they hardly ever have their shitty actions thrown in their face and Steffy has an excuse as to why she can't be talked down to, like you said she's using this pregnancy not to get chewed out the way she deserves. This is what happens when a few loud fans spread their lies and revisionist history to prop up their faves to nearly all four corners of the internet. 

Oh! Before I forget, I always laugh when people try to call Hope "Ho" and try to lump her in with her Brooke, when in reality Hope has significantly a lower body count than Brooke, Taylor, and Steffy. Hope is far from prefect but anyone trying to say she's just like Brooke or worse than Steffy/Taylor is just insanely biased and full of shit IMHO

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Zoe tried it, Paris denied it! 🖕🏽

Zoe can jut her giant jaw underbite and wear as much creepy beauty supply colored contacts as she wants. She not intimidating her anymore!!! 

Finn is simp city certified

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Zoe tried it, Paris denied it! 🖕🏽

Zoe can jut her giant jaw underbite and wear as much creepy beauty supply colored contacts as she wants. She not intimidating her anymore!!!

Zoe went after the person she thought she could bully/lash out at rather than go after Ridge who was the active scold/cockblocker.  She knew damn well that she couldn't take him on and that if she did try he'd likely just say 'How's prison treating your dad?  I can call a few people to make it better...or worse.'

Brooke needs to channel Stephanie and finally start slapping people -namely Liam.  I ain't mad that she let Steffy know her ish continues to stink, but it's high time that Brooke tear Liam a new one over this latest 'ooops'.  If she can't call out Ridge, then at least rechannel her pent up frustration to Liam who absolutely deserves it.  He needs a tough love 'mama figure' letting him know how much he sucks, LOL.

• Love 16

I do agree that Brooke needs to take Liam to task for his actions as well. Steffy could have said "no, the vag is closed" but he could have went literally ANYWHERE else that night. 

But it's almost as if she just expects the man to cheat, which, considering Ridge was the only man who cheated on her (with Caroline I and Quinn), I really don't get but then again, it's always Ridge she comes back to. 

And, too, I think she assumes that Hope wants to reconcile with Liam so she wants what Hope wants and wants to go easier on Liam for some reason, although it seems to me that Hope is having second, third, and fourth thoughts about reconciling with him. 

Most mothers though? 

Would run his lying, cheating, sack of monkey caca outa town on a rail. 

• Love 8

I'd take Paris more seriously if she wore decent outfits, but I just can't right now.  😬  I didn't watch the show today, but just looking at that gif of her makes me glad I didn't.  If she's going to be on the show long term, then tptb need to do something about it because as bad as some of the other actors' outfits are, hers are undoubtedly the worst.  Zoey might be hard to look at in the face, but Paris is hard to look at from the neck down.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Make it stop!!!!! How much more of Liam's apologizing and begging do we have to endure? 🥺

Zoe must've been the worst big sister ever when she and Paris were growing up. Paris probably made a convenient scapegoat when Zoe got herself in trouble. Now it's clear why Paris should've never taken a job at the same place Zoe works. Too close for comfort.

Thomas as an eyewitness to Liam and Hope's marital strife and negotiation isn't going to end well I bet. Now he's gotten definite pointers on how to come between them. Seems like Hope is fine with having no boundaries with Thomas and Liam doesn't quite see that as a problem yet.

Meh, I think Paris and Zoe could be close without them working at the same place. I'm still suspicious of Paris' motives though she did avoid selling Zoe out to Carter and Ridge when she had the opportunity.

Checkmate, Zoe. What else you got because Paris is not scurred. 😏

I gotta give it to Bradley, this is almost better than a murder mystery. Who's going to change the paternity test? Every day my bet changes! Right now I'm thinking either Thomas or Finn.

They could do a swerve and have the test results come back inconclusive because dun...dun....dun...Liam and Finn are related because .....dun...dun....dun....Finn is another son of Bill’s!

They're not testing Liam though, only Finn. If Finn isn't the father they're just going to assume it's Liam. What they could do I guess is say the test results show Finn is related to Steffy's baby but not enough to indicate paternity. Then that would lead to them thinking Finn and Liam might be related. Or, Finn and whoever Steffy may have also slept with besides Liam might be related. I can't believe they're just taking her word for it that Finn and Liam are the only candidates. I've watched enough trashy daytime talk shows and court shows to know that's silly. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

During the conversation between Zoe and Paris, I could tell that even Zoe didn’t believe that bullshit she was laying on her sister about why Carter threw her by the wayside. That may have been in the top 10 unbelievable stories on this show in it’s history. Zoe? Go far away from LA. Paris? You go girl and see what you can find in a relationship with Zende. If I never see or hear Zoe again and her absolute crap, I’ll be a happy girl!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

They're not testing Liam though, only Finn. If Finn isn't the father they're just going to assume it's Liam. What they could do I guess is say the test results show Finn is related to Steffy's baby but not enough to indicate paternity. Then that would lead to them thinking Finn and Liam might be related. Or, Finn and whoever Steffy may have also slept with besides Liam might be related. I can't believe they're just taking her word for it that Finn and Liam are the only candidates. I've watched enough trashy daytime talk shows and court shows to know that's silly. 🙄

This BS about only testing Finn is to make it easier for the results to be altered.  Basically any dummy (i.e. Vinny or Vinny's friend) will be able to simple update the result to match or no match.  Not testing Liam and bringing him along to the office is pretty much the closing the barn door after the horse has fled as far as Steffy trying to hide her shame in needing another paternity test inside of 4 years.  When you test against two candidates then you test them both and see where it nets out; you don't just test one and stop if he matches and not test the other. My scenario is exactly why you would want to test both candidates as they both may be related (and not know) and could both appear to be potential matches to the baby OR both are negative and they realize Steffy is trying to pull a fast one and had a third candidate in the mix that she didn't want to bring in. LOL.  Liam or Hope should swab that baby's cheek as soon as it's born to confirm independently either way.

• Love 7

Since they won't go away, I'd like some backstory on Zoey and Paris and their relationship.   I still think there's something Zoey isn't saying about Paris or vice versa.  I think it's something about Paris because Zoey looked frightened when Paris first showed up in LA.   Either that, or Paris knows some deep, dark secret about her sister.

• Love 5

Does Zoey have compromising picture to blackmail TIIC?  Why else would this talentless lackluster actress be getting all this airtime.  Are TIIC trying to make Zoey the next Brooke or Stuffy?  Her character is an Epic Failure.  She isn’t even nice to look at. IMHO, Donna should get a major storyline. Her ample breasts have more personality than Zoey or Paris. As for Thomas, PF had a much more personable personality and has the ability to be very charming.  The current Thomas looks like a greasy pussy mouth and can’t come across as anything but fake. 

Different day same shit. Zoey is being an out and out insufferable bitch and Liam begging for forgiveness. Maybe a slightly different tack but still begging. At least Stuffy and Liam took responsibility for their actions but Zoey only wants to pass the blame.  Me me me Zoey is all me me me. Paris would get better results if she was talking to the mannequin. Paris Paris Paris, you are my hero but ripping up the resignation letter was not enough, you should have thrown it in her face. Didn’t Zoey realize that if Paris resigned no matter what she said, it would have reflected back on Zoey. 

Why is Lurch still in the room and why is he even speaking?  What part of you can stay but don’t speak doesn’t Lurch understand. Manipulation much!!  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'd take Paris more seriously if she wore decent outfits, but I just can't right now.  😬  I didn't watch the show today, but just looking at that gif of her makes me glad I didn't.  If she's going to be on the show long term, then tptb need to do something about it because as bad as some of the other actors' outfits are, hers are undoubtedly the worst.  Zoey might be hard to look at in the face, but Paris is hard to look at from the neck down.  

Paris needs some time in the fashion closet, a la The Devil Wears Prada. Why is she still dressing like she's a college student heading to class? 

She's a professional now, she should be dressing like one.

And, don't kill me, but I'm actually okay with many of Zoe's outfits. They tend to be very "runway" looks, which admittedly don't always translate well to real life without some adjustments. Some hits, some misses, but at least she looks like she works for a fashion company. The show does a much better job with Zende, whose outfits are always on point. That's pretty much it. Everyone else at that company looks awful. Not just bland, but awful. I know that soap opera budgets aren't what they used to be, but Show should make "Fashion People" look, well, fashionable.

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why is Lurch still in the room and why is he even speaking?  What part of you can stay but don’t speak doesn’t Lurch understand. Manipulation much!!  

Better question: Why are Liam and Hope even having this conversation with anybody in the room, but yeah, especially the guy that has been trying to get with Hope for the past year? Or two? I guess Show really wants us to go all in with "The brain tumor made me do it", but that still doesn't explain why he's in the room while a husband and wife are having what should be a private conversation. Of course, he's already filled in Vinnie (!) on the whole scoop, so I guess there isn't anyone left who doesn't know the intimate details of this situation.

• Love 7
On 2/5/2021 at 1:12 PM, CountryGirl said:

I do agree that Brooke needs to take Liam to task for his actions as well. Steffy could have said "no, the vag is closed" but he could have went literally ANYWHERE else that night. 

But it's almost as if she just expects the man to cheat, which, considering Ridge was the only man who cheated on her (with Caroline I and Quinn), I really don't get but then again, it's always Ridge she comes back to. 

And, too, I think she assumes that Hope wants to reconcile with Liam so she wants what Hope wants and wants to go easier on Liam for some reason, although it seems to me that Hope is having second, third, and fourth thoughts about reconciling with him. 

Most mothers though? 

Would run his lying, cheating, sack of monkey caca outa town on a rail. 

This ain't the first time she's done this. Remember that surprise wedding bullshit she sprung on them when they were trying to sort shit out on their own? Granted, Brooke didn't know Steffy left because she was pregnant but she and Hope were actually trying to give Liam room to breathe before Brooke jumped in.

In that instance, everyone and their mother had fought to keep them apart so I can squint and see the logic there. But this? After 10 damn years of this?  Yanno, for all that Stephanie was willing to drag Brooke, she was also able to read the idiot men for filth along with her, including Ridge. I wish Brooke was allowed to at least express disappointment at Liam.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
On 2/5/2021 at 7:13 AM, norcalgal said:

WRT to the post above by @Joimiaroxeu and @Anna Yolei, I think Show keeps having characters parrot the "every child is a gift" line because soaps these days (and perhaps the Bell family in particular) are fairly conservative. It reminds me of Hallmark movies (under the old regime before the new CEO came in) where 95% of their movies depicted straight, white couples wherein the lead male/female character has a child(ren) due to widowhood, never divorce. It's fairly noticeable that a certain demographic is being depicted, but thankfully, that has changed with the new CEO (a black female iirc).  

I just want to address the point about the Bell family being conservative, because I really don't think that's the case. We may have our grouses against the writing capabilities of the current Bells, but it's not fair to simply tar and feather the whole clan especially when the evidence suggests quite the opposite.

Bill Bell, Sr. in particular was seen as progressive in his writing. He wanted to introduce a lesbian romance (involving Katherine Chancellor!) back in the early '70s, which was shot down by the execs. He also brought on a Black family to Y&R who were prominently featured throughout his tenure (although the occasional stereotype reared its ugly head) - that may not seem like a great feat, but remember that years later, the attempted pairing of Neil Winters and Victoria Newman on the same soap actually prompted a tidal wave of hate mail from viewers complaining about "miscegenation". Under the senior Bells' pen, B&B prominently featured scandalous stories like Brooke sleeping with, and becoming pregnant by, father and son - where the father also had a romantic history with her mother. There was a long-running story about Jessica's boyfriend Dylan who was a male stripper (and involved with both mother and daughter). He was preceded by Don Diamont over on Y&R playing a frequently half-naked pool boy, Jill fantasizing about younger men, etc. Just a few years ago Brad Bell said his mother Lee was the one urging him that Ridge should get his shirt off more often!

The Bells' daughter-in-law Maria (wife of Bill, Jr.) was head scribe at Y&R where she introduced their first gay characters and was on the cusp of revealing Noah Newman - grandson of Victor and Nikki, son of Nick and Sharon - as gay, when execs pulled the plug on both the story and her employment. Mind you, her writing was atrocious with a particularly noticeable overreliance on doppelgangers, but it's very telling that the final straw for the execs was the coming-out of a legacy character, which was the only story of hers they axed. And then there's Brad Bell, our current head of B&B. We might rightly criticize the complete absence of gay men in his portrayal of the fashion industry, or the dearth of Latinx characters in a city where they make up 40% of the population, but he did introduce American daytime's first regular trans character - albeit one played by a cis actress - and placed her in a prominent romance with the son of the show's two remaining original characters. GH does have a trans character (played by a trans actress) on recurring, but she rarely appears and never has her own story; aside from that, there is no trans representation on daytime since Maya's departure. And although the latest infusion of Black characters may be seen as pandering in light of the recent spotlight on racial equality and representation, he did bring on the Avant family and Zende before that kicked off, all of whom had prominent storylines.

All of this indicates to me that the Bells are hardly conservative, but they have been constrained by execs who either pander to a very vocal minority of viewers, foreign markets (particularly in the case of B&B, which enjoys a following in Italy, the Middle East and Asia) and/or nurse their own prejudices. Now whether it's CBS or Sony (or both) that's the problem I have no idea. I do recall that when ATWT introduced a gay couple, they were almost immediately forced to suspend all intimacy between the characters due to a conservative backlash.

Now, the Cordays over on Days are a different story. Their current head, Ken, is on record espousing conservative views (and attributing them to his late parents) to keep that show from progressing. The disgusting way he killed off Will Horton, after permitting his coming-out with the greatest reluctance, speaks for itself.

Edited by Aymery
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Poor Finn; completely delusional about Steffy, and apparently Ridge too. I busted a gut with his comment about Ridge being "a good man". I just don't see this ending well for Finn. I was highly suspicious of him at first, thinking he might be unbalanced, or mentally unstable, but he has proven me wrong, because he is just clueless and stupid. 

Liam is sorry; just in case anyone didn't know. 

And just like that, Paris found her mojo. In all honesty, I was not on board for the Buckingham sisters. It smacked too much of Maya and Nicole, but I have been won over, and want to understand the dynamics between these two. What I don't want to see is Paris begging her sister for a relationship. I feel, and have felt from the beginning, that Zoey was raised as the entitled one, who has never worked for anything. While Paris is the one who had dreams and aspirations; the one who went to college, got her education, and is trying to do things the right way. Those scenes yesterday cemented that for me. All the same, Paris was far too easy on Zoey. But, at least she finally ponied up and put her older sister in her place, and now maybe she can move forward. Her sister has created her own mess; let her work it out and stop protecting her. Don't say a damn thing to Carter; Zoey doesn't want a future with him, she just wants someone who can provide for her, and give her the lifestyle she craves. Carter is an idiot, and a needy man, but he doesn't deserve to be Zoey's fall back guy. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9
On 2/6/2021 at 3:55 AM, Aymery said:

All of this indicates to me that the Bells are hardly conservative, but they have been constrained by execs who either pander to a very vocal minority of viewers, foreign markets (particularly in the case of B&B, which enjoys a following in Italy, the Middle East and Asia) and/or nurse their own prejudices. Now whether it's CBS or Sony (or both) that's the problem I have no idea. I do recall that when ATWT introduced a gay couple, they were almost immediately forced to suspend all intimacy between the characters due to a conservative backlash.

Oh, dear, I'm getting up early for car shopping as I type this, so I don't even have the spoons to dig into the  way Noah and Luke were treated on ATWT. 11 years later and that ending still chaps my ass.

That out of the way, Brad Bell is in a unique situation : the show is his. He's full owner, not CBS or Sony. He can go as big and bold as he wants with a story and he's not going to lose his job. Worst case scenario, the show moves online to Hulu and Netflix that most people have anyway. It's the most watched soap in the world, and that carries weight. I mean, Ridge/Bridget was the standard to which all bad stories were measured before 2019, and it wasn't even CBS who axed it, but Bell himself at his mother's insistence.

I mean, I do applaud Brad Bell for having one of the only three trans women in TV media who wasnt killed off at the end of her usefulness on Show, but I don't blame people for being tired of getting crumbs. I've given Show the benefit of the doubt in the past with the Maya/Caroline crap but sensitivity readers are there for a reason. Anyone looking to tell stories unique to any particular marginalized group to which they are not a part would be wise to utilize them. Especially ones who think diversity ends when you say the right words and nothing ever changes.

• Love 4

Is anyone else suspicious of Finn? Why is he so okay with this situation? Is it the Forrester name? Is Stuffy really that good in bed?

Does he have some unknown past connection or reason to want revenge on someone?

I feel like I’m missing something. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Ok, Liam is solely to blame for schtupping Steffy.  No question.  

However, I'm sick of Hope's "oh how could you think I would betray you?😲" schtick every time she and Liam have "the conversation."  I'm glad Liam explained to her why he thought she and Thomas kissed, because Liam was right.  Hope did give the impression that she cared more about Thomas, even more than she cared about her once thought dead baby.  While it doesn't absolve Liam of his actions, I wish she would just say to him that she understood why he thought she and Thomas kissed. 

I'm sick of both of them and I don't care who the baby daddy is.  Although Finn turning out to be even more devious than Thomas could add some much-needed spark to this show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Is Liam sleeping on the couch? Count me in as one of people who doesn't understand why Hope hasn't put him out, at least until the paternity test results come back. Maybe she gets off on the constant apologizing and begging. 😑

Pshht, Steffy only seems to go into the office a couple of times a month even when she's not waiting for life-changing test results. Calm down, Ridge and Brooke.

Now I'm starting to wonder about Finn's neediness. How can he still be so schmoopy about Steffy knowing that she might be having a second child with her ex? Seems like the more Steffy says she wants the baby to be his the more Finn forgets how easily she betrayed him. At this point it doesn't matter what she wants. The baby's paternity has already been decided.

It can't be healthy for Hope and Liam to keep having this same conversation over and over. It certainly isn't productive. I cannot take much more of it. 😣

Flag on that play, Hope. What purpose does it serve to ask Liam if he wants the baby to be his? I think he really should have refused to answer such a question. If the child turns out to be his IMO it'll be awful for him to have said he didn't want it.

How far along is JMW? Her face looked a lot fuller today to me than it did last week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Friday's episode was ok it was hard to watch Paris beg Zoey for a healthy relationship. I'm glad she stood up for herself but she needs to be ready for the never ending barrage of personal attacks. Her asshole sister is the type of person who can lie about a baby being kidnapped and sold then smiled in the family's face while working at their company for close to a year. She's evil and I like Paris and I'm worried for her now. 

Finn and Hope are being written so pathetically right now it's kinda pissing me off. Admittedly I don't care about Finn that much because I don't know him as a character besides being Steffy's bootlicker and a doctor. That's not enough to me me root for someone not quite yet anyway. I will feel bad that he's kept away from his child if those test results are tampered with. 

Hope is asking the wrong questions anyway(as usual). She should be asking that how could Liam think that she can forgive him for cheating when he wouldn't even likely consider forgiving her if she did the same? She should read him for filth on his arrogance and hypocrisy alone. Forget about him doubting her, the double standard is just as big a sin in my opinion. I doubt his ass would have a straight answer for that. The way they make Hope care about Liam's "pain" is so revolting why can she not look out for herself and her own feelings for once? For once?  

• Love 10

Brooke, Hope lived in your backyard and you looking for her at FC?  What’s wrong with a slight walk or even your cell phone. 

Hope and Liam sleep in the same bed?  Douglas and Beth are at the age that they should have their own bedrooms. I don’t think that cabin has 4 bedrooms. 

The B&B have become so depressing. There is nothing Bold or Beautiful anymore lately. 

• Love 6

I think Finn has been written as such a shell of a character. His whole relationship with Steffy has been so rushed and then they immediately dropped everyone into this mess. I don’t understand why the writers didn’t allow the audience to get to know him and have a build up to their relationship. It would have made this current story that much more impactful. Instead, their relationship had almost no romance and it leaves Finn looking like a doofus for not really questioning anything Steffy does. 

• Love 14

Finn? I just don't get it. You have known Steffy for all of a minute; you know little about her jagged and checkered past, you are not aware that this isn't her first time to the WTD rodeo, but you just blindly accept? Hmmmm.....makes me wonder about a lot of things. Why don't we know anything about you except you are a doctor that just happened to live near Steffy? Was that real, or was that a story that made you "stopping by" less suspicious?  Patients often imprint on their doctor's, and become dependent on them, and Finn was quick to move in and get Steffy into a facility where he had access to her. And just look how quick he gained 24 hour access to Cliff House, and how quickly he was swanning around Forrester Creations. None of that is to say I don't appreciate significant other's stepping in and parenting kids who live in one parent households. But I kind of retain that appreciation for normal circumstances, like kids who are products of divorce, or kids where one parent has passed away, or even kids who's parents just had that one unfortunate night. But I am having a hard time with a guy in a new romance being told on Thursday how much they are loved, and how much a future with them means, then their new romance turns around on Friday and sexes up their ex-husband. The ease of it alone should be alarming to Finn; all Liam had to do was show up hurt, with his dick in his hand, and Steffy was all in. Does Finn not understand the lengths Steffy has gone to in the past to get and keep Liam? The fact that she refuses to remove that ridiculous picture should be speaking volumes to him, but he wants to buy that it is there for Kelly? No, that is a raging bunch of BS; that picture hangs there for one reason and one reason only. Kelly could know her dad with a nice, tasteful 8x10 sitting on her bedside table, like all other kids who live in one parent households. I was suspicious of Finn out of the gate, and this blind acceptance is only enhancing that. And if this baby turns out to be Liam's? Yeah, I can see him being A OK with Liam coming over all the time. He has had problems with Liam's Kelly time, I can't imagine how he would be with a new Liam baby on board. 

Brooke; you seriously need to stop trying to force your daughter to stay in a relationship that causes her pain. Your choice in life has been to be Ridge's doormat, and maybe that has worked for you, but you should not want your daughter to keep experiencing the pain you have endured for decades. You know better than anyone what it means to love a Waffle, and while your Waffle never stepped out on you the way Liam has, you should still not want to see Hope suffer as you have. So shut the hell up with all this talk about Hope forgiving and forgetting. 

Ridge continues to surprise me. I don't understand what has turned his head about Hope, but I do appreciate that he isn't dragging her, and continuously expresses his concern for her. I also noticed he referred to the baby as "a precious child"; what is up with that? Ridge's favorite word has always been kid. 

Hope you need to stop too. Liam betrayed you in every single way a husband can; he doubted you, he lost faith in you, and he had sex with another woman. And now he might be a daddy to another child with her. You are so much better than this Hope; step away now, while you still can, and focus on yourself, and your work, and your kids. Liam needs to go off and do some deep self examination. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

However, I'm sick of Hope's "oh how could you think I would betray you?😲" schtick every time she and Liam have "the conversation."  I'm glad Liam explained to her why he thought she and Thomas kissed, because Liam was right.  Hope did give the impression that she cared more about Thomas, even more than she cared about her once thought dead baby.  While it doesn't absolve Liam of his actions, I wish she would just say to him that she understood why he thought she and Thomas kissed. 

Despite Hope's stupidity that will never full be addressed now because of this blunder, i still can't excuse Liam for this. Yes, she was overly involved in helping Thomas but that's what she does. For EVERYONE, including him and Bill. Including Wyatt and Bill. She oversteps a lot, but certainly Liam should know the woman he broke up with multiple times over sex that infidelity is pretty far out of her wheelhouse.

All of that being said, I would have nothing to do with Thomas if I were Hope, Liam or not, and Liam will have every right to fight for sole custody when they do get together.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Despite Hope's stupidity that will never full be addressed now because of this blunder, i still can't excuse Liam for this. Yes, she was overly involved in helping Thomas but that's what she does. For EVERYONE, including him and Bill. Including Wyatt and Bill. She oversteps a lot, but certainly Liam should know the woman he broke up with multiple times over sex that infidelity is pretty far out of her wheelhouse.

And I didn't excuse Liam for this.  Also, I disagree that Liam should have known that infidelity was out of Hope's "wheelhouse."  She's no saint, she's human and I can believe that Liam could believe that she would have kissed Thomas--maybe not anyone else, but certainly Thomas.  As I've said, it still doesn't excuse him running to Steffy.  

The last time I saw the show, all I could focus on what that big dark red spot in the middle of Steffy's lower lip. It looked like a cold sore (trust me, I feel her pain if it was). It was very distracting. I know it is a trend right now to do the ombre lip color but usually, there is a dab of lighter color in the middle of each lip, not a darker contrasting shade.

Anyway, I have worked with and known many doctors over the years and I did notice that many of them were very book smart and focused on their work and didn't always make the best choices in their love lives. Or ... many of them were married to other doctors that they met in medical school and didn't have the time or interest in straying and would be horrified at the idea of dating a patient.

Finn, on the other hand ... either he is a sinister character and his true nature will be revealed eventually, or he is the introverted nerdy guy who has little to no experience with women. Like with Carter, Donna, Katie, et al, I find it really hard to believe that attractive young(ish) professionals can't find any action in L.A. outside of their very limited bubble. Finn strikes me as the type who would find true happiness with a fellow physician who understands what he's been through with medical school and residency as well as the long hours he has to put in as an ER doc as well as the very stressful life and death situations he would encounter on a daily basis. Somebody like Bridget ????

A selfish, petulant, spoiled bimbo from a prominent fashion family? Eh, not so much.  When Finn gushes on about how much Steffy has "enriched" *cough* his life, I have to scratch my head. What? Did she take him for a motorcycle ride down PCH? Force him to watch Bob Hope movies while eating cold soggy waffle fries? I realize that with COVID, we "wuz robbed" of seeing any type of real courtship evolve, but really, "dates" on B&B would be Finn entertaining Steffy in the kitchen of the Cliff House or taking carryout from Panera to her office.  Well before the pandemic, romance and courtship died on B&B.

All Finn has really experience with Steffy was treating her in the hospital and getting her into rehab. Granted, he was kind and supportive but is that really a strong basis on which to build a committed relationship, especially now one with a child on the way? Steffy has broken every rule of rebab: keeping triggers like booze around the house, getting into a relationship ASAP while in recovery and now about to bring a new life into the world. Seems like she did enough of the hard work in rehab to skate by and released, but any continued growth and self-reflection seems to have been left behind at the rehab clinic door.

I truly wish that some well-meaning person would sit Finn down and read to him all about his "true love." No need to repeat all of Steffy's transgressions here, but I think at the every least he should know that she is no newbie as far as paternity tests go. Still, that love-blind dolt would probably brush it off. It irks me no end that Steffy is going to come out of this relatively unscathed, while Hope will probably divorce Liam and deal with the fallout. Liam really has his choice here but I doubt that Hope would take him back right away, in fact, NEVER! Steffy would toss Finn aside without a second thought if Liam made overtures to her.

Finn and Carter need to get together and go to some kind of support group for clueless men who "love too much." Remember that misogynistic, condescending book back in the '80s, Women Who Love Too Much? These guys need a male version written by a woman.

• Love 11

Seeing Finn willingly and eagerly lapping up the crumbs Steffy tosses his way every now and then makes me sad for him.

Those fool's gold crumbs aren't nearly enough to minimize any, let alone all, of the baggage she comes with (still hung up on her ex to the extent of continuing to hang a ginormous portrait on her living room wall and screws said ex despite being in a supposedly committed relationship with Finn). It makes me wonder what the heck kind of gals he dated prior to her. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Seeing Finn willingly and eagerly lapping up the crumbs Steffy tosses his way every now and then makes me sad for him.

Those fool's gold crumbs aren't nearly enough to minimize any, let alone all, of the baggage she comes with (still hung up on her ex to the extent of continuing to hang a ginormous portrait on her living room wall and screws said ex despite being in a supposedly committed relationship with Finn). It makes me wonder what the heck kind of gals he dated prior to her. 

Finn licks Stuffy’s ass so much that his tongue is brown and Finn thinks it’s fudge.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, Waldo13 said:

With B&B being preempted, the baby daddy won’t be revealed for a week or sow.  I’m just going to 😬 and 🐻 it until then.  

I'm not sure if it's because NBC has their "Peacock" streaming service, but Days of Our Lives apparently is running their episodes on that platform. Doesn't CBS also have a streaming service?  If yes, interesting they prefer to hold off showing any new episodes, in contrast to NBC/Days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/10/2021 at 11:27 AM, CharlizeCat said:

I realize that with COVID, we "wuz robbed" of seeing any type of real courtship evolve, but really, "dates" on B&B would be Finn entertaining Steffy in the kitchen of the Cliff House or taking carryout from Panera to her office.  Well before the pandemic, romance and courtship died on B&B.

Pretty much, yeah. No bushit, the last actual date I can recall was Brooke and Ridge  dining at Cafe Russe, when it happened to be closing for good, and that was back in 2010. That I remember was during a time when shows were being cancelled left and right , and the entire industry was tightening it's belt.

For shows like ATWT which were more geared towards depicting working class--alledgedly: pretty much everyone on the show was high ranking blue collared folks at worse, but I digress--they could mostly get away with it, but having B&B set in the second-largest area in America just made the limited dating sites all the more ridiculous. Maybe if the mensfolk put more effort into real wooing, like Rick getting Maya a spot to sing at a Dodgers game, this would be less glaring. When every date is at someone's kitchen table.....ehhhh.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, CountryGirl said:

It makes me sad too, because shows used to do this story very well: having aoderately decent guy fall for the "bad girl". Carly and Jack from ATWT was one of those before they became Chenobyl-level toxic. Lauren and Michael are another, and they were two people who both had terrible pasts that grew to become better people. Hell, you even had that in Brooke with Nick, who was informed pretty early on why Bridget was not on speaking terms with Brooke at the time  and her history with the Forrester's and he was often her fiercest defender, even after their divorce.

As was mentioned earlier, B&B skipped the whole process of development and jumped to twu wub without showing any of that. I'd loved to get a story of someone accepting Steffy, warts and all, be wise honestly? Liam never has and never will, for all that he uses her for sex whenever he's fighting with Hope. And I'd like Finn to have some character development beyond being a savior.

• Love 5

Hope's outfit is ugly. I hate white tights. 

I skip most of the boring ass Hope/Liam repetitiveness but I hope she told Liam to be less present in Steffys life like she told Steffy.  Because again, he went to her that night not her to him. Brooke and Hope like to gloss over that tidbit and blame Steffy for the whole thing.

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 5