Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Even Hope is holding Stuffy harmless. What Bill did to you?  WTF Hope, Stuffy suffered the most. That's right Hope, she suffered every "inch" of Bill.  According to TIIC it's St. Stuffy now.  

• Love 8

I think one of the biggest mistakes Bell made was to decide that since Steffy and Hope are Taylor and Brooke's daughters, they have to be rivals.  If that wasn't bad enough, the writers then do the Steffy/Hope are fighting over Liam bit and have Liam waffle every other second, and never make a decision on his own.  It doesn't help that interesting couples who had possibilities like Thomas/Sally are thrown away while the Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle just won't die.

• Love 12

I have this nagging feeling that Sally and Hope are going to be pitted against each other over Wyatt.  I am also on the bandwagon that Sally and Hope should team up in business and work well together as design partners.  Wyatt could lend his marketing and jewelry expertise and they would all stay platonic and professional. Of course if their fashion house takes off (not reason why it wouldn't) then of course, Harpy will bitch that Hope defected "out of revenge," and ruin any accolades Hope could enjoy.

Sludge "concerned" about Hope? Now? GMAFB.

Brooke had the perfect opportunity to redeem herself today. She could have firmly told Liam to not come sniffing around her house any longer and to stay as far the hell away from Hope as possible.  But ... she didn't. 

At least Hope had the balls to dump that waffling tool from HFTF. 

Emma seems to have a bit more spark and substance than Nicole did, but I still am not interested in watching her of Xander. So far, I am not impressed with him.

• Love 7

Steffy: Yah bish, this is my life, not yours. Liam is mine, Kelly is mine, this cliff house is mine, this track suit is mine, it's all mine. Not yours.
Hope: You are the most wonderful mother ever in the entire history of mothers! This is this most beautiful baby ever in the entire history of babies! She looks just like Liam, not Bill! Can I stop tongue-bathing you now?

Joi: For the love of all things holy, make it stop! Nobody is that gracious unless they're aiming for sainthood.

Liam: I came over to talk to Hope. I feel a little bad about using her like I did but you know, it's who I am, it's what I do.
Brooke: No problem! Just keep her in your back pocket in case things don't work out with you and Steffy. Again. We can put on another wedding with 24 hours' notice!
Liam: Of course. Quickie enagements and rebound weddings are my jam.

Liam: Me, me, me. Me, me. Me.
Hope: You're fired from HFTF!
Liam: Finally.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hope: You're fired from HFTF!
Liam: Finally.

Not able to work at Forrester Creations or Spencer Publications, what's a waffle gonna do?  He'll be a stay-at-home Dad to Kelly while Stuffed Uppity Bitch goes back to work and never gives her daughter a second glance.  Meanwhile, newly minted stay-at-home waffling dad runs into Sally and they begin a sizzling affair.  That's what I want.....Liam to have a truly no strings affair with Sally ala Nick and Phyllis from waaaay back on the Young and the Restless.  Steffy really needs to have her ass chapped.

Edited by SimplePleasures
I'm a perfectionist and misspelled words will keep me up at night.
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

If Liam pulls anything over Sally after his friendship with her kicked off 'I fucked your dad made a mistake-gate!' I will join you at the curb stomp Liam table, mmmkay?

Pull up a seat! :)

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Sludge "concerned" about Hope? Now?

Easy to be "concerned" when your idiot daughter got what she wanted (as usual), huh, Ridge?

9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Brooke had the perfect opportunity to redeem herself today. She could have firmly told Liam to not come sniffing around her house any longer and to stay as far the hell away from Hope as possible.

I'll tell you what, my mother would have done just that.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

LOL, @Joimiaroxeu, loved your whole post, I quoted my favorite part :)

Are we seriously going to be stuck with this Emma girl all Summer?  Is she here so there could be a worse actress than JMW on the show?  Plus, her Hope worship is stalker-levels of creepy.

I just about rolled my eyes right out of my head over that "baby leather jacket" discussion.  Yes, we get it, Steffy is the bestest, baddest badass ever.  I wonder if Kelly's 1st words will be "STFU mom"

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 12

That reminds me of a story. I knew this woman once and her daughter had a baby girl. So when the grandmother was on a trip to Europe, she actually bought the baby a tiny leather jacket in Italy.  I'm sure the kid was able to wear it for maybe a month before she outgrew it

What's wrong with everybody bringing Kelly all of the girly pink duds? They should have been black.  I think that would have been hilarious. Hauxdi would be too dense to get the joke and automatically assume the somber clothes were for "mourning" or protesting over her snaring Liam (for now.)

• Love 5

Did Hauxdi slip Hope some Kool-Aid or something when we weren't looking?

Because Hope telling Steffy "You've suffered the most..." That is the most deep-fried fuckery I've ever seen on this show and that is saying something.

How, exactly has Steffy suffered at all, let alone, the most?

confused-gif-6.gif

As I see it, despite having an affair with her father-in-law and lying about it for weeks, with a secret paternity test to boot, she got everything she ever wanted - forgiveness and reconciliation from Liam and a beautiful, healthy baby. 

So glad that Hope dodged Liam's attempt at a hug and also kicked him to the curb re HFTF, but ugh to her calling him "Mr. Right." So, so close...

Brooke, I have only one comment for you:

FF3PxHm.gif

• Love 12
(edited)

And once again, shut up Ridge.

Line of the day goes to Sally, "Tall, dark and flaky."

Liam, "What about Sally?"  Me, "Oh Liam, you are lucky to be alive after that death glare from Steffy."

Brooke, "It's nice to be a grandmother again."  Me, "You aren't a grandmother to Kelly."  Brooke, "Or step-grandmother.  I'm not sure what Steffy is going to want Kelly to call me."  Me, "Selfish bitch."

Poor Wyatt.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6
(edited)

Aghh!!!  I just got diabetes from watching that saccharine sweet scene between Stuffy and Liam!  How much of this are we supposed to take?  Not a one of us has forgotten that she rode the Stallion!  And now she's  "role model" for Kelly???  It's just too much, show....waaay too much.

Edited by A-Lo
  • Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Because Hope telling Steffy "You've suffered the most..." That is the most deep-fried fuckery I've ever seen on this show and that is saying something.

How, exactly has Steffy suffered at all, let alone, the most?

confused-gif-6.gif

As I see it, despite having an affair with her father-in-law and lying about it for weeks, with a secret paternity test to boot, she got everything she ever wanted - forgiveness and reconciliation from Liam and a beautiful, healthy baby. 

Amen countrygirl....and Nathan Fillion sums it up perfectly.

Steffy has suffered the MOST?

AYFKMWTS???

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 8

I'm happy they brought Sally back to us but did they have to bring her back so broken?  She and Thomas were such a great couple...it's hard to believe he'd dump her like that, esp after he learned of Caroline's lies.  I hate to see her in such a bad place.  Where can she go from here?

• Love 7

Wow. That was some disappointing return of Sally. She was my favorite character but I don’t even recognize this sad sack. And Steffy? How about you take a shower and put on some clean clothes? Thanks a bunch, hon.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Brooke had the perfect opportunity to redeem herself today. She could have firmly told Liam to not come sniffing around her house any longer and to stay as far the hell away from Hope as possible.  But ... she didn't. 

This is one of the things that really bothers me about Hope.  She doesn't have ANYBODY standing up for her, for her sake.   I know Brooke likes the idea of her daughter winning.  But has she taken a second to consider just how much pain Liam has caused Hope.  There was a second when I thought that Liam had grown into the man we'd seen glimmers of in the past.  That he finally realized what a truly awful person Hauxdilox was, is and always will be.  But that's the kind of person Liam wants.  He doesn't want a good person.  He wants to be married to a loose-booty ho.

Everyone in Hope's family has put her and her feelings second to their own agenda.  Her aunt thought it was more important to be Mrs. Stallion than to care that her husband was torturing her niece to benefit his side piece.  HER OWN FATHER, was willing to betray his daughter for a get out of jail free card.  I like Deacon but has he EVER tried to be a father to Hope?  There was a minute when it looked like her brother might actually give a damn about his sister's happiness, but that passed quickly enough.

On the other hand, we have everyone in the great Los Angeles area losing sleep worrying about Steffy.  I will never forget when Katie embraced Steffy.  What she should have done is laughed in her face and yelled 'Karma's a bitch, BITCH'.   If anyone knows how horrible being Steffy's husband can be, it's Wyatt.  Yet he tossed his father away for her sake.  I say for her sake because we all know that Wyatt would have tossed his brother under the nearest bus for a Mazda much less a Ferrari,

Brooke might be hurting to see her daughter left at the altar AGAIN, but what she should do is focus on the man who has done her daughter so dirty.  Brooke should take the time and energy she's wasting telling Hope to hang on and use it to make Liam sorry he was born. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Wow. That was some disappointing return of Sally. She was my favorite character but I don’t even recognize this sad sack. And Steffy? How about you take a shower and put on some clean clothes? Thanks a bunch, hon.

I'll second that. What day is this supposed to be anyway?? The same day they brought "tiny early" baby girl Kelly home...the next day?? The next week? Don't really care but can't think that outfit Stuffy has on is very sanitary at this point- especially when she stuffs poopy diapers in her pocket...not to mention baby spit up down her back. ;-)

And yeah, Sally. What a shitty way to bring her back. Suddenly Thomas is a jackass & freaking dumps her after they had that lovely romance & he whisked her away for their HEA. This writing sucks so bad & is supremely uncreative. How about if Sally just couldn't deal with Caroline's attempts to get Thomas back & was using their child.....or maybe Thomas wanted her to give up her career desires to be a full time Mom & she decided not to. Now we get this angry, pathetic & all of a sudden crazy woman instead. Bring her back with a grand scheme to get even with $Bill. So many wasted choices.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 9

I don't understand the importance these people attach to having others "support" their relationships. Seems like you can accept and/or tolerate without supporting. Ridge and Steffy use that word to mean "convince yourself that this relationship is ordained by the gods and you can't do anything to interfere."

So, apparently Thomas is still a dick, just like his papa. But at least he knew how to use modern technology to spread the news.

Yeah Liam, from her mommy Kelly will learn how to lie, cheat, scheme, and manipulate. Her mommy's a great role model! Ugh, will the transition of Steffy into sainthood ever end?

I am way over Sally playing with guns. What a dumb cliffhanger. We know she didn't shoot Wyatt.

• Love 14
(edited)

Fuck Ridge and Stuffy. They are ungracious winners who have to keep rubbing their victory in your face. 

Poor Sally but she's right about one thing and that liars always win in the end.  

Now that St. Stuffy has been elevated back among the immortals, she once again has the ability to look down on people and pass judgement.  

Do we have another dream sequence cliffhanger with Sally shooting Wyatt?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7
(edited)

Only the draw of Sally had me tuning in this week. I have zero impetus or desire to watch Show, but Sally was gonna make it all better for me.

UGH!

I am mind scrambled with how fast things are moving.

Katie crying tears of sorrow over losing Wyatt as she kisses and flirts with Thorne?

Two new interns with limited appeal taking it front and center?

Liam, so deeply reconnected with Steffy that he has already become a barnacle on her ass.

I am also just really, really pissed off that two undeserving, horrible people are getting their happily ever afters. This Bridge bonding is making my eyes burn, and Steffy and Liam make me want to do bad things.

I didn’t think I could hate a character more than I do Ridge, but Liam has now surpassed him. First you take your waffling ass over to see Hope to make sure she is ok? Da Fug? How annoying are you actually? If you cared for Hope as much as you say you would know that seeing you isn’t going to help her state of mind. Particularly in the same room you were marrying her in two days ago. Fucker. You just wanted to make sure she was ok, but was still stressed about you going back to Steffy. And missing you. Just like the job thing; Hope shouldn’t have had to do that. You should have manned up and said it might be best if you didn’t work together. But you would be out of work then. This way it makes Hope look bad, like she is lashing out in anger and jealousy; “Hope fired Liam right after he and Steffy had their baby! Hope was mad, and knew Liam couldn’t go back to Spencer Publication’s, so she fired him from HFTF to cause trouble in his marriage.” When Liam said to Hope “are you really ok” as he gave her his patented head tilt of doubt, I wanted to smack the shit out of him. You thirsty waffling idiot. Of course she isn’t ok, but she would never tell you that and validate you. The best though, was Liam going on about that damn wedding ring, and how Steffy had never taken it off through this and that and the other. Guess what PAL? She didn’t take it off when she was fucking your dad either. No, she was far too busy panting like a horny cow, as she was taking Bill’s clothes off to ride him for the Triple Crown. And bitch got it. She got to ride the Stallion, she got her revenge on Liam for kissing Sally and for not obeying her, and she got her happy ending. When the time comes; I hope Liam can’t get it up for Steffy. And if he ever does, and is cupping that ridiculous adulteress’s ass, I hope he has visions of Hope, a woman who’s ass his father hasn’t cupped.

Liam could have dialed back the happy couple routine a notch or two or ten. Did you hear how much he loves her? He got her some more coffee! Ah, gee, aren't they just the cutest. Hold on; let me go get my canvas and oils and set to work on a Norman Rockwell knockoff. 

God, I just hate them both so fucking much. 

What I want to see most of all is Liam and Steffy and Bill alone.

Kelly Lang is looking amazing lately. She absolutely rocks the vivid colors, and her hair and makeup have just been perfect. I feel there has been subtle changes in her portrayal of Brooke. I can’t put my finger on it, but something has changed.

I don’t feel Katie and Thorne at all. Here is a perfect example of them missing a great SL opportunity. Bring Sally back and have her and Thorne meet up, not romantically, just as someone who knew her family. I think it is absurd that Thorne and Sally haven’t had one scene together. It would make sense for Thorne to step in and help Sally get on her feet, maybe even bankroll her some new digs to start her business again. Instead we get him kissing away Katie’s tears for Wyatt.

Please bring back Nicole and her Dork-O-Shuffle. I was cringing as I watched Emma throwing down. And she seriously hit the guy hard enough to knock him out? What I am trying to figure out is why Show wants me to invest in these two? I was invested in Wyatt and Katie. I was invested in Brooke and Bill. I was invested in Sally and Thomas. What is the deal with the accent again? Is this guy British? Why are they causing me so much fucking confusion over a brand new character?

God, Sally was a sight for sore eyes, and she looked great. But you bring her back toting a gun and aiming it at Wyatt? Didn’t Bill take the house back too? I can’t believe he is going to let Wyatt keep that house. So, let me put on my thinking cap here……………I would imagine that Wyatt will end up helping Sally, and since he no longer has a job, will throw in with Sally and start a business. I am not totally opposed to this. I think Sally and Wyatt have possibilities, and them being a couple would piss off a lot of people I don’t like. I would also bet dollars to donuts that Liam would eventually come begging for a job, and Sally would give him one which would deflate any enjoyment I was having. The upside is it would seriously chap Steffy’s ass. Added bonus if Liam is not liking Sally and Wyatt together and starts talking about it to his wonderful, role model wife, whose wedding ring probably still carries traces of Bill’s little men. She didn’t take a shower you know.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

I would imagine that Wyatt will end up helping Sally, and since he no longer has a job, will throw in with Sally and start a business. I am not totally opposed to this. I think Sally and Wyatt have possibilities, and them being a couple would piss off a lot of people I don’t like. I would also bet dollars to donuts that Liam would eventually come begging for a job, and Sally would give him one which would deflate any enjoyment I was having. The upside is it would seriously chap Steffy’s ass. Added bonus if Liam is not liking Sally and Wyatt together and starts talking about it to his wonderful, role model wife, whose wedding ring probably still carries traces of Bill’s little men. She didn’t take a shower you know.

I'd rather see female empowerment in the form of Brooke providing the seed money for Hope and Sally go into business together.  The two girls have been burnt by Bill Spencer and their anger is just the impetus needed for them to rock the Los Angeles fashion world.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SimplePleasures said:

I'd rather see female empowerment in the form of Brooke providing the seed money for Hope and Sally go into business together.  The two girls have been burnt by Bill Spencer and their anger is just the impetus needed for them to rock the Los Angeles fashion world.

Agreed; I think Hope and Sally throwing in together would be awesome. And this would be the perfect time for that to happen with Sally on the down and outs. And Hope could leave Forrester saying she couldn't face the prospect of seeing Steffy and OPBG everyday, with the occasional visit from Liam. 

But of course that would be interesting, and would show women can make it without a man. So it will never happen. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

didn’t think I could hate a character more than I do Ridge, but Liam has now surpassed him.

The only thing that puts Liam apart from Ridge is Ridge's inability to understand the word no. 

Liam's problem is that he barely has enough initiative to tie his own damn shoes and lacks charisma doing the other terrible shit Ridge got away with.

• Love 7

I don't think we are supposed to see Liam and Steffy as end game.  I think this is all about making Bill the bad guy.  {sarcasm} Steffy only had sex with Bill once, Liam was going to forgive her, but Bill tricked Wyatt, so Liam ran to Hope, but then Wyatt finally told the truth, so now Liam and Steffy are reunited, and everything else is all Bill's fault {sarcasm}.

Ridge is becoming Stephanie, and I think it's hilarious.  Those looks Brooke was throwing Ridge when he was talking about supporting Steffy/Liam, and was glad Thomas was back with Caroline and away from the crazy redhead were priceless.  Brooke still hasn't realized the only way she keeps Ridge is if Ridge gets everything he wants, and she goes along with it, and even then Ridge could still dump Brooke just because he's having yet another bad hair day.

• Love 3

The new Avant casting is a bust. Along, with the new intern. OMG! just awful. How about just writing for the Avants you have on screen. Where the heck is Bill? Does he know the baby was born? I forget. Bill still wants Steffy. I guess in the end the baby will be Bill’s, right? How else would he get her back. It was good to see Sally. I think Courtney Hope was a real find. It’s too bad her entire soap family was obliterated but maybe it will help her in the long end. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Brilliant idea.  It would be nice if Brooke did something other than plan a wedding for Hope.  It might be contrary to the 'world according to Bell Jr.' but not all women live to be married.  Some women are actually interested in having a life of their own.  What a great message to send to the young women Bell seems interested in attracting.  Hey girls!  Instead of spending YEARS moping over the loser who dumped you and dreaming about how to get him back, why don't you GET A FUCKING LIFE!!!  And if meeting men is the endgame, imagine the great guys you'll meet when you're out in the world kicking ass.  You might even meet a man who won't treat you like the kind of garbage that garbage wouldn't associate with.  Brooke could also benefit from doing something that wasn't connected to the slimy asshole she's married to. 

Just imagine!

What I'm hearing makes me glad that I'm not watching.  I HATE that Sally is alone, fucked over for story line purposes.  AGAIN.  It's only a matter of time before the scene between Sally and St. Hauxdilox, with Hauxdi sneering at Sally and gloating because she has both Liam and OBG.  Because, on B&B, young women are dragged down to make Hauxdilox look good.  The character and the actress aren't strong enough to do it on their own.  Mind you, Brooke/KKL did it for DECADES.  In fact, Brooke was constantly being dragged down but she always rose like a phoenix.  And she did it on her own.

• Love 10

With the money show used to hire Xander (Zander?) and that girl from Dance Moms, they could've hired a male lead that could balance out Liam in the Triangle of Doom.  We all know Wyatt isn't the guy to do it.  There's got to be some drop-dead gorgeous guy in LA waiting tables and waiting on his big chance, right?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

How about just writing for the Avants you have on screen.

You mean Julius, Viv, and Maya, the ones who can act?  Nope, we can't have that!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

You mean Julius, Viv, and Maya, the ones who can act?  Nope, we can't have that!

Julius and Viv Avant are played by two very accomplished actors who are way too good for the shit they're given. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Julius and Viv Avant are played by two very accomplished actors who are way too good for the shit they're given. 

Exactly, so write something good for them!  But I know, they're not even close to capable of doing that.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Liam to Steffy: We'll do this to together. Like we will spend the rest of our lives.

Me, an intellectual tenor.gif?itemid=5091532

The best use ever of both those memes, btw ?

But....yeah, if they're still together by the end of next month, I'd consider that a win

• Love 3
15 hours ago, A-Lo said:

With the money show used to hire Xander (Zander?) and that girl from Dance Moms, they could've hired a male lead that could balance out Liam in the Triangle of Doom. 

Or, they could have brought Sasha back as a model for HFTF, and they could have brought Mateo back as a love interest for Hope. I would rather watch those two SLs separately, than to have Emma and Xander, two characters completely new to me, shoved in my face for the summer. Why oh why does Show think we want to see these two dancing around and falling out on the floor from head slaps? And then you give us a sip of Julius and Viv to introduce this kid, and will now pack them away again. So we have two very loosely connected characters on the canvas, one with zero appeal and terrible dance moves, and the other not knowing his fucking nationality. Oh Joy! Last year they gave us the "Summer of Sheila", and I really didn't think they could top that; my mistake for underestimating Show's ability at shock and awe. 

• Love 11

I just don’t get the purpose for Xander and Emma.  And what’s with the dancing bullshit with Emma?  Are they turning B&B into Dancing with the Dipshits?  As far as Xander is concerned, he walks in with a Brit accent, then tells Ridge he’s some dude from the Midwest, and Ridge hands him a job at Forrester?   What the hell is that?   Xander and Emma are nothing but fillers for a teen story.  

• Love 11

You mean Julius, Viv, and Maya, the ones who can act?

Well I do agree about the actors who play Julius and Viv. I would love to see more of them. I do think its pathetic that the writers cannot seem to find anything for Rick and Maya to do. We all know they wouldn't still be together if the whole trans story hadn't happened - no one gets to be happy on this show. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the trans story but it was handled poorly from jump and that continues.

I honestly can't watch any more of this show. I mean I love Sally but even she can't make me stick around. I liked Katie and Wyatt and boom that's all done.  I can't even hate watch anymore. Hope gets screwed over again and of course has no one in her corner. Steffy wins again (I don't count Liam as a victory) because what did she lose for her betrayal of her husband? Absolutely nothing which is ridiculous.

I realize Stephanie got away with a lot during her reign but even she was made to lose and suffer at least for a while (I mean come on how long could they keep a main character on the outs with everyone?). Steffy sleeps with her father in law and nothing. She is somehow painted as the victim!

So I will stop by to read your funny snark and maybe if something sounds interesting I might try again but for now? I am out.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Are they turning B&B into Dancing with the Dipshits?

*dead*

27 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Steffy wins again (I don't count Liam as a victory) because what did she lose for her betrayal of her husband? Absolutely nothing

She was sad for a few months, does that count? *eyeroll*

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

*dead*

She was sad for a few months, does that count? *eyeroll*

I don't even think it was months...there were a few days of hiding under the snot-swiped Blankie of Despair but I want to say it was mere weeks afterwards that she was expecting Liam to stop talking about the affair - aka Get Over It, Already!

• Love 11

So I am hanging on by a thread more straggly than Katie's Red Ribbon of Betrothal, folks,between Slutty getting everything she's always wanted, Liam reverting back to the same old trifling asshole he always is, Hope pining for said asshole, Brooke encouraging Hope to keep pining away for said asshole, Ridge being the King of Scum/Smug, insta-Thatie, and new interns that make me long for the days of Coco and RJ. 

That thread is Sally. 

I've missed my girl so much, but I hate that she was brought back to be trounced on once again by Thomas and that bitch, Carowhine. I mean, seriously, they couldn't have written a better break up than Sally got dumped again? I loved so much that Sally got her HEA with Thomas - it soothed the wound of CH's departure, but again, I could live with that, knowing she and Thomas were reunited and happy.

They could have at least had the backstory be that Carowhine was continuing to pull shenanigans, including using Douglas, and Sally was fed up with it and dumped Thomas, but then we couldn't have the scenes of her all sad sack, in her cups, and then whipping out a gun to pull on "he's still a Spencer" Wyatt.

It's super-early but I did see some sparks in the banter between her and Wyatt and I could get on board with Wally, even though I know they'll rush it with the speed of a freight train. While Sally did have a little crush and one kiss with Liam (both stemming from gratitude more than anything) there's not this huge history that was there with Hope or Steffy, so in my book, Sally's not one of Liam's cast-offs.

Given how quickly Katie jumped to kissing Thorne, I can finally put my finger on why Watie never worked for me. Wyatt, as usual with his partners, was way more into her than she was into him. I think she had feelings for him but not full-blown love and that he was there to serve as a pick-me-up after the heartache of seeing Brill reunited. I think it started out as no-strings-sex for Wyatt but once he fell, he fell hard. Not so much for Katie. So I'm fine with them being over and don't care enough about either her or Thorne to care about Thatie. 

But I like the idea of Sally and Wyatt, two underdogs (Sally, very obvious; Wyatt, always the default choice for his father and the women in his life sans Quinn), being drawn together. 

• Love 7
(edited)

None of these people face any real consequences.  If they did, half of them would be in prison, and the other half wouldn't have anything to do with each other.

Of course but as I said in my original post ... even Stephanie did face consequences such as they were. She did lose her husband. Her children did stop talking to her. Sure none of it latest forever because come on she was one of the main characters - she couldn't be on the outs forever. Steffy didn't even face that! She had an emotional affair with her father in law for months and months - supporting him rather than her husband (which has never been addressed in any way), she slept with her father in law,  and then was worried about paternity and tried to hide it from her husband.

Liam was still talking to her even after he moved to that sad hotel room! She got complete support from the family. Not one person said 'gee I think sleeping with your husbands father is kind of a deal breaker honey. Perhaps you should let Liam process that.' Nope. She got the full 'I made one mistake' treatment as though sleeping with someone while completely sober is a mistake rather than a choice.

The writing on this show is awful. I truly don't understand the insane and fast turns these storylines take. Back in the day Brooke went from being in love with Thorne when she went to sleep one night and she woke up in love with Ridge again. Now Katie was in love with Wyatt and then Will calls Wyatt his brother and suddenly she's making out with Thorne. Yikes.

As much as I liked Katie and Wyatt, I could get behind Sally and Wyatt. Though I also think Sally and Bill would be interesting. I'll have to rely on the posts here to tell me if there is anything worthwhile to tune back for!

Oh and the teen story that I guess the writers are going to force on everyone for the summer? Already terrible. You mean to tell me that with all the wanna be actors running around LA, Bell couldn't manage to cast 2 that can actually act?!? Of course what am I saying ... he's decided the worst actress on the show is the heroine.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Of course but as I said in my original post ... even Stephanie did face consequences such as they were. She did lose her husband. Her children did stop talking to her. Sure none of it latest forever because come on she was one of the main characters - she couldn't be on the outs forever. Steffy didn't even face that! She had an emotional affair with her father in law for months and months - supporting him rather than her husband (which has never been addressed in any way), she slept with her father in law,  and then was worried about paternity and tried to hide it from her husband.

Liam was still talking to her even after he moved to that sad hotel room! She got complete support from the family. Not one person said 'gee I think sleeping with your husbands father is kind of a deal breaker honey. Perhaps you should let Liam process that.' Nope. She got the full 'I made one mistake' treatment as though sleeping with someone while completely sober is a mistake rather than a choice.

Word!

I can remember several times Stephanie was made to feel the consequences for her actions. The entire family assembled to bide her adieu after the fake heart attack, Ridge and Eric were both done with her after Brooke's rape, and the one time Brooke was really able to lord it over the Queen was after the reveal of Massimo being Ridge's bio dad. And of course the mother of them all, was Brooke extracting her payment from all the Forrester's after they tried to rob her of her rights to the BeLief patent, and she took the company from them. 

But this stuff about how everything is Bill's fault is too much bullshit. Steffy was manipulated by Bill; he faked an affair with her, so Steffy is absolved of any wrong doing. She accidentally wantonly rode had sex with her husband's father. She was in a bad place; devastated because she thought she had lost her husband to that hated redhead. Bill should never have come to the guest house, more importantly, he should never have allowed Steffy to invite him in, and him accept. Then he manipulated Steffy's confusion and hurt by offering her solace, and by giving her free reign on the Stallion. Yes, every time I hear this nonsense, all I can think of is this:

Now, a new and terrifying thought has popped in my head. I don't buy this new benevolent Steffy one bit. She can be all relaxed and smiley around Hope, because she knows that Hope is essentially a decent person, and will do what she says. But I didn't miss the venom and fire that sparked in her eyes the minute Liam mentioned Sally. So girlfriend isn't quite as secure as she is letting on. I am praying we don't see her using Hope in some way to mess with Sally. I can just see her praying on their new "friendship", and saying how Sally is a predator, and she doesn't trust her not to try something with OPBG. The last thing I want to see is Hope and Steffy forming any kind of bond or tag teaming anyone. 

• Love 9

I think you're safe Steffy doesn't bond she just uses pawns till she's done with them.

I liked Wyatt and Katie but more than that I liked who Katie was while with him. I don't see this thing with Thorne being a show-stopper. Neither of them have any purpose but why not? Something to do for them.

• Love 6

Aren’t there any other men in LA for Katie?  That switch from crying over Wyatt to kissing/smiling at Thorne was so abrupt that it gave me whiplash. Stupid, stupid. And I’m already bored beyond tears with these “interns”. Bad plot, bad acting, boring. 

• Love 5

I am praying we don't see her using Hope in some way to mess with Sally. I can just see her praying on their new "friendship", and saying how Sally is a predator, and she doesn't trust her not to try something with OPBG. The last thing I want to see is Hope and Steffy forming any kind of bond or tag teaming anyone. 

Steffy trying to use Hope to roadblock Sally could backfire in any number of ways - Hope is hip to Steffy's crap and she and Sally team up and steal thunder from Steffy, Hope and Sally fall in love, Hope/Wyatt/Sally triangle where Sally immediately wants to bow out because this would be a Thomas/Caroline repeat where history would always be an issue.

26 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

I don't see this thing with Thorne being a show-stopper. Neither of them have any purpose but why not? Something to do for them.

This show doesn't appear to be thinking in long term story arcs anymore so yeah, it seems Thatie is something for the actors to do and if they pop, great, if they don't, Katie will be back to Wyatt or sniffing at Eric by year's end. 

But I didn't miss the venom and fire that sparked in her eyes the minute Liam mentioned Sally. So girlfriend isn't quite as secure as she is letting on.

On one hand, I can't blame Steffy for being 'Not this bitch again' at the mention of Sally, but at the same time it shows Steffy is still in part blame shifting her 'one mistake' to Sally in believing she's the source of her issues with Liam when the issue is that Steffy and Liam have very different world views that caught up with them once and will catch up to them again.  Steffy owes Sally an apology. Had she not interfered with her and Thomas NONE of this crap would've happened. But then one can also think that if it wasn't Sally that had splintered Steam, it would've been something else.

And you can bet that the next time Steam have issues, Liam will be seen as the one at fault, Steffy will not be so forgiving, and Bill will be right there going 'See, I told ya so! Come to meeeeeee!' and Steffy, dummy that she is, will consider it.

• Love 7

Did anyone else literally laugh out loud during that  modeling/dance troupe performance?  My understanding is that when people go to fashion shows they go to see the fashions, not a bunch of models hip hopping around on the stage.  And Hope took it all so seriously!  And not for nothin', but that Dance Moms kid (Emma?) was the worst dance of the bunch!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Aren’t there any other men in LA for Katie?  That switch from crying over Wyatt to kissing/smiling at Thorne was so abrupt that it gave me whiplash. 

That's still preferable to the abrupt "almost shot in the face by Sally to kissing Sally" move by Wyatt.

• Love 5

I find it amazing how Sally can shoot Bill's pictures with just the glass breaking, no hole in the picture but yet there is a hole in the wall.  Is it the same magic bullet that killed President Kennedy?  If Wyatt is on the outs, with Bill, than why is he still in Bill's beach house?

Maya has become as hypocritical as the rest of the LA ass clowns. Maya withheld secrets of being Myron but that's ok. Maya was never held to guilt by association for being a felon.  Beside, who elected Maya watchdog.  Who gave Maya the power to fire anyone.  Maya also needs to STFU.

Boy, Sally and Wyatt got right into it didn't they but for the first time, in a B&B relationship, I'm all for it because from  first kiss, there looked to be chemistry.

• Love 8