Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Ridge thinks Brooke should back off of Hope and stop pushing her?  Then Ridge should take his own advice when it comes to Liam.

When it comes to Steffy/Liam/Hope why are all the years since Aspen and the gondola ignored?

• Love 8

Brooke and Ridge both look at the other as though they're insane for supporting their own daughter.  There is no "right" answer here and they need to just acknowledge that this is a difference of opinion that can't be resolved.  But Brooke's squinty-eyed look of incredulity and Ridge's half-smirk, head shaking makes them both look like assholes.

• Love 10

Ridge, nothing going on now?  Give me a brake.  Don't punish Stuffy for the crimes she didn't commit. WTF? There's still that one night of passion.  That's not a crime?  It's the monster that hides under a child's bed or in his closet.  

The whole fall to the care and monitoring Stuffy received in the hospital, is a little far fetched.  A real doctor would monitor dilation well before Stuffy was fully dilated. Not only that but neonatal nurses would have been alerted as well as the NICU as soon as the OB saw the fluctuation in the baby's heartbeat.  Knowing Stuffy's water broke and she was having contractions, preparations should have started for an emergency C Section.  But once again, TIIC, never let truth get in the way of drama. 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Ridge, nothing going on now?  Give me a brake.  Don't punish Stuffy for the crimes she didn't commit. WTF? There's still that one night of passion.  That's not a crime?  It's the monster that hides under a child's bed or in his closet.  

The whole fall to the care and monitoring Stuffy received in the hospital, is a little far fetched.  A real doctor would monitor dilation well before Stuffy was fully dilated. Not only that but neonatal nurses would have been alerted as well as the NICU as soon as the OB saw the fluctuation in the baby's heartbeat.  Knowing Stuffy's water broke and she was having contractions, preparations should have started for an emergency C Section.  But once again, TIIC, never let truth get in the way of drama. 

But then we wouldn't have gotten JMW's labor "acting." Only second to my personal favorite, her "talk fast and that's as good as emoting" go to.

• Love 12

My laugh of the day was OB/GYN Robin Givens trying to remember her lines and then holding up the drape with her left hand while her right hand was under the drape to catch the baby when it flew out. Lordy mercy, folks. That whole scene with all three of them was one for the books. 

• Love 22
(edited)

And we have a new winner of the Ron Carlivati “I Don’t Know How Girls Work” Award! I’ve never had kids, nor do I have any close friends or relatives who have had kids, but even I know labor doesn’t work this way. Sweet zombie jeebus, this show is a challenge. Today’s ep is the kind of shit that gives soaps a bad rep.

And they didn’t even re-air Stuffy’s epic fail, I mean fall.

I swear, at this point people could tell Liam that an empty toilet paper roll is his true love, and he’d probably believe them.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Brooke and Ridge both look at the other as though they're insane for supporting their own daughter.  There is no "right" answer here and they need to just acknowledge that this is a difference of opinion that can't be resolved.  But Brooke's squinty-eyed look of incredulity and Ridge's half-smirk, head shaking makes them both look like assholes.

For me, the difference is Brooke didn't have an agenda going into this, whereas Ridge wanted to insist that baby girl couldn't possibly have slept with the evil Bill Spencer on her own, even after she'd told him he did.Not that Brooke pushing her daughter into an ill-advised marriage wins her any points, but that at least makes some logical sense (as much as Brooke Logan's logic on relationships can be trusted) that she'd support her daughter the same way she supported Steffy and Rick all those eons ago.

Ridge's agenda is all about Ridge fucking Forrester and his pissing contest with Bill. This is one of those times where I do miss Ronn Moss and his charm. He'd still come off as a butthurt baby but even though he wasn't a perfect dad I bought that he loved all his kids. If TK had been in the role back when Rick was with her, I'd have rooted for Steffy and Rick to skip town together.

• Love 6

I think Brooke's own history is getting in her way as well.  Brooke has Ridge, for now, so I guess she believes the last 30 or 40 years was worth it.  When in reality, Brooke should be telling Hope to dump Liam and never look back.  That's what Taylor and Brooke should have done decades ago.

• Love 5

I think Brooke is being an epic dope to advise her daughter to elope with Liam. Dear God, what is she thinking? And please, send this Hope back to France or Milan or wherever she’s been. The bad acting, the awful clothes, the lack of true emotion and the wonky eyes are just too much. Get an actress who has some fire, some backbone, some... something that makes me root for her. As I’ve said so many times before, surely with all of the wannabe actresses in LA, the PTB could have found SOMEONE with more talent than this girl. 

• Love 8

Good grief, Ridge. STFU. Seems to me if you have to try this hard to talk somebody into doing something, maybe it's something they really shouldn't do.

Meanwhile, I'm so tired of Liam using either Hope or Steffy as a shield. I doubt he actually loves either of them. And now he'll get to hide behind a baby.

Brooke can STFU too. No, Hope should not be pushing to get married as soon as possible. Liam disposes of wives and fiancees like used tissues. There is no locking him down under any time frame.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I think Brooke is being an epic dope to advise her daughter to elope with Liam.

After all the interrupted weddings and hijinxs, you'd have thought Hope would've thought of that on her damn own six bloody years ago :|

That, or taken a sign that she wasn't meant to be with this fucktard and called it a day.

8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meanwhile, I'm so tired of Liam using either Hope or Steffy as a shield. I doubt he actually loves either of them. And now he'll get to hide behind a baby.

Not for long, I hope! ??

But yeah, grow a backbone already, enough is enough.

• Love 7
(edited)

I can see it now. Stuffy is going to win a Daytime Emmy for her labor performance. But it's not going to be best actress, it's going to be best immatation of a walrus in heat.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

Sludge is such a disgusting abrasive pig. Why any woman would desire him is beyond me.  KKL looks like she can barely stand him.  Has Brooke ever outright confronted Ridge about Gondola-gate?

Why doesn't Waffle Boy tell Sludge to STFU and get out of his space?  Sludge ran over Waffle Boy like a steamroller by actually telling him that he didn't really love Hope and it was just because Liam felt that he couldn't trust his own wife and turned to Hope. The sad thing is that I think Liam accepted that as truth. KMN.

If I wanted a lesson on Labor & Delivery 101, I could have gone to YouTube.  That was precious time that could have been spent on a far more entertaining GarBridge knock-down drag-out.

I want for Kelly to emerge with a jet black pompadour so badly I could scream.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I can see it now. Stuffy is going to win a Dattime Emmy for her labor performance. But it's not going to be best actress, it's going to be best immatation of a walrus in heat.  

fvww1y.jpg

• Love 13
(edited)

That labor was the biggest WTF I've ever seen on a soap. (It even beats Sam (Kelly Monaco) on GH delivering her daughter "Scout" (don't ask) in the middle of nowhere right through her skinny jeans!! )

We are to believe poor poor Steffy was pale, crunching those ice chips like she'd been in the desert for a week & screaming in pain like she'd been laboring for about 24 hours in the time it took for Dr "sure as hell glad you weren't my OBGYN" Givens to tell her she's in labor without even an exam to see if she was even dilated. And then she pops out the PBG after what appears to be the shortest first labor ever. Gah!!! It's been over a few decades since my kids were born, but there are just some things you don't forget. From her pathetic fall through the birth this was just embarrassing to watch.

SHOW, for the love of your audience...either get it right or just don't show it. Steffy's caterwauling was just beyond laughable. And if Liam was trying to help me like that I'da smacked him really hard & told him to just step away.

ETA: I was disappointed they didn't repeat that stupid fall today-my kids missed it. If anyone finds a gif of that it'll go viral. Maybe they are too embarrassed to show it again.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Has Brooke ever outright confronted Ridge about Gondola-gate?

Ridge had no part to play in Gondola-gate, if I remember correctly, other than trying to keep Liam and Hope out of the other's orbit afterwards.

42 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Sludge ran over Waffle Boy like a steamroller by actually telling him that he didn't really love Hope and it was just because Liam felt that he couldn't trust his own wife and turned to Hope. The sad thing is that I think Liam accepted that as truth. KMN.

Is Ridge wrong? I'm not saying Lame has (or should have) any feelings for Steffy, but this kneejerking that he does when shit gets hard or he doesn't get his way on his timeline is SOP. Remember how he was about to peace out to Paris when Steffy didn't divorce Wyatt after months of ineffectual whining that Quinn was teh evul? And then, there's every other time Lope split up over far more minor stumbling blocks (which in retrospect, most of those were initiated by Hope, but Liam sure didn't waste much time before getting in Steffy's pants in the meanwhile).

Who's to say this knob wouldn't have waffled if he were happily married to Steffy and Hope came back? He was sure quick to throw Ivy under the bus and she was the best of both worlds, the stupid numpty that he is.

• Love 5

Right. No. What I was asking was if Ridge knew what part his little princess played in keeping Hope and Liam apart and playing Substitute bride while Hope watched on helplessly.  I just wondered if he knew about that and how his PBG was in cahoots with Bill way back then and his reaction.

I have completely forgotten all the players in that escapade other than Stuffy, Bill, the gondola operator who Bill paid off and those Australian newscasters who for some inexplicable reason, were in Aspen. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Right. No. What I was asking was if Ridge knew what part his little princess played in keeping Hope and Liam apart and playing Substitute bride while Hope watched on helplessly.  I just wondered if he knew about that and how his PBG was in cahoots with Bill way back then and his reaction.

I have completely forgotten all the players in that escapade other than Stuffy, Bill, the gondola operator who Bill paid off and those Australian newscasters who for some inexplicable reason, were in Aspen. 

For Ridge this is about beating Bill.  He hates the idea of Steffy with Bill.  Brooke wants Hope to win Liam because she doesn't want Hope to lose to Steffy the way Brooke lost to Caroline and Taylor.  If Taylor pops up again, it will be all about how Brooke ruined her marriage to Ridge.  It still hasn't dawned on Taylor or Brooke what idiots they were for putting up with Ridge's crap all these years.

The problem with Gondola-Gate is no one forced Liam to be there to marry Steffy.  Liam like Ridge never gets held responsible for the things he does.  Bill and Steffy may have prevented Hope from getting to Liam, but Liam was in Aspen with Steffy willingly and married her.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Who did the best labor scene in soap history? It applies to any including this one.  

I don't know about the best labor, but the most exciting birth scene ever was Amber giving birth to the dead baby. Will it be black or will it be white - wait, it doesn't matter - it's dead! 

Sorry that sounds so insensitive, but that was the story and it was a doozy. All the hype about the child's race, since that would prove who the baby daddy was, then it didn't even matter. I'm still blown away. So glad I didn't read spoilers back then.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The problem with Gondola-Gate is no one forced Liam to be there to marry Steffy.  Liam like Ridge never gets held responsible for the things he does.  Bill and Steffy may have prevented Hope from getting to Liam, but Liam was in Aspen with Steffy willingly and married her.

That's exactly it. Bill gave him a clear pass, but Liam didn't have to take the shot. Ridge to his credit had to put in a whole lotta work after the second time he left Brooke for Taylor, and that whole four months after they reunited before Brooke started sniffing at Nick again (*sighs in tanked pairing*) was the only time in twenty years that I ever shipped Bridge, even a little bit. Ridge seem to get why Brooke was tired of his ass.

I think the very closest Liam has gotten to any self reflection was shortly after Wyatt showed up and took Hope's attention, but even there, it never occurred to him to question the appropriateness of making the same type of video of their relationship to Steffy as her given Hope or to wonder why neither Hope or Steffy didn't trust his ass enough to wait five minutes before moving on with Wyatt.

In conclusion:

lebron b&b meme.jpg

3 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I don't know about the best labor, but the most exciting birth scene ever was Amber giving birth to the dead baby. Will it be black or will it be white - wait, it doesn't matter - it's dead! 

Sorry that sounds so insensitive, but that was the story and it was a doozy. All the hype about the child's race, since that would prove who the baby daddy was, then it didn't even matter. I'm still blown away. So glad I didn't read spoilers back then.

Yeah, that one really hasn't aged very well, has it :/

I can also say looking at my own baby pictures that that ain't always an indicator ;) I look very clearly black where no one would see me and know my genetic makeup is at least 30 percent European, but for the first six months of my life, I was as "black" as the Duchess of Sussex and what little peach fuzz I had on the top of my head looked reddish because of my Irish ancestory.

Genetics are fun! ??

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's exactly it. Bill gave him a clear pass, but Liam didn't have to take the shot. Ridge to his credit had to put in a whole lotta work after the second time he left Brooke for Taylor, and that whole four months after they reunited before Brooke started sniffing at Nick again (*sighs in tanked pairing*) was the only time in twenty years that I ever shipped Bridge, even a little bit. Ridge seem to get why Brooke was tired of his ass.

I think the very closest Liam has gotten to any self reflection was shortly after Wyatt showed up and took Hope's attention, but even there, it never occurred to him to question the appropriateness of making the same type of video of their relationship to Steffy as her given Hope or to wonder why neither Hope or Steffy didn't trust his ass enough to wait five minutes before moving on with Wyatt.

In conclusion:

lebron b&b meme.jpg

Even better when LBJ owns a small piece of Liverpool FC & we ended up second place in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final! 

• Love 2
On 5/31/2018 at 1:30 PM, backhometome said:

Started watching this soap instead of GH for a few weeks and I have some comments.

Spot on comments. Welcome! This show is frustrating as hell, but it does have its gems. Hang in there.

• Love 3

One thing I like is it's short, especially when you take out the commercials, drone footage of LA, and montages. So it's not that big of a commitment and the budget is better on this one vs the rest of the soaps. The people are pretty and it's more campy and fluffy than other soaps. 

• Love 9
On 5/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, politichick said:

I tuned in yesterday for the first time in several months. Hate the new Hope more than the last. What a smug cow. I was always a Liam fan but why the fuck does he not think he should take some time between divorce and remarriage? What an  idiot! And why does Brooke encourage her daughter to be so thirsty? Nothing has changed. 

Why the bloody hell won't they cast a new Thomas? 

I have an irrational hatred of Hope, and before her Brooke, so I'm slightly sympathetic of Liam/Steffy because I do not want to see Lope for the 1,234,987 time.
The actress playing NuHope has one look: PLEADING EYES. "Don't leave me for Steffy ... again!" "Sign the annulment papers!" "Tell Ridge to tell Steffy to back TF off!" "Marry me TODAY, Liam!"

Speaking of Thomas, I completely miss Adam Gregory, who played the 2nd adult Thomas. My daughters and I nicknamed him "Flipper" because of his veneers. They should bring him back.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Hang in there.

Easier said than done :)

16 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

One thing I like is it's short

I was away from the show for quite a while, but I started watching again online during my dinner breaks when I was studying for the CPA exam, and it was mainly because of the fact that it's short.

4 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I have an irrational hatred of Hope, and before her Brooke, so I'm slightly sympathetic of Liam/Steffy because I do not want to see Lope for the 1,234,987 time.

I like Hope & don't want to see Lope for the 1,234,987 time :)

• Love 6

AG did start to get less wooden right as he left the show. Mmmmm, he was hot ?

Finally caught up and the only thing I felt even remotely sorry about was Bill harrassing Steffy yet again. This guy is a cartoon villain at this point.

Brooke is an effing moron to even suggest an elopement that damn soon. Ya know, because that had worked out so well for Brooke all those times she schemed to get Ridge, hasn't it? And for the umpteenth time, it begs the question why she would even want daughter with this assbag.

Steffy literally tripped over air. Good god, I thought having Bridget stepping on a rickety chair was contrived, but that was James Cameron levels of detail compared with this. Well, as least OBG is finally born and (I assume) will survive, so hopefully, it'll be a good long while before Steffy gets knocked again.

• Love 9

Friday was one of the worst, most Soup-worthy birthing scenes I've ever beheld.  

I can't believe I used to like TK/Ridge or that he was even one of the draws for me when I first started watching.  :(

• Love 7
On 6/1/2018 at 8:44 PM, Waldo13 said:

I can see it now. Stuffy is going to win a Daytime Emmy for her labor performance. But it's not going to be best actress, it's going to be best immatation of a walrus in heat.  

Plenty of Walruses for her just in case Liamfish stays with Hopemaid.

F078140F-0346-410A-91C9-A6459E2D6068.jpeg

• Love 2

They could've easily had ShutUPSteffy start having pain after her energetic emotional fight with Bill, maybe after throwing something at him to get him to leave. And not having Bill smirk "Say hello to your mother" as he was leaving was a giant missed opportunity. 

Steffy had time to go from benign belly rubbing to full blown labor and fully freaking dilated in the 10 minute drive? TMWT aren't even TRYING. We can't even get a difficult birth with Steffy in a coma? Constipated Confusion Liam struggles to care for his newborn before he was even close to ready, with Hope and Brooke still hissing in his ear to elope between feedings. And Bill attempting to sit vigil at Steffy's bedside while Ridge and CrazyFace keep shooing him off with a broom. "Gwanahw, GIT!!!" 

So I guess this will be yet ANOTHER storyline that went on for agonizing weeks... with everyone on screen talking about it, referring to it as if nothing else is going on in the world... only to fizzle out with the most boring conclusion, resolved in a handful of scenes that just hammers home how much time was wasted. 

like : Maya being transgender,  Wyatt and ShutUPSteffy's divorce, who shot Bill (nobody even cares anymore) , all of Spectra Fashions, What's her face thinking about getting her bio baby back, the Avants in general, Sasha in particular.... it's all just the worst kind of storytelling. 

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Waldo13 said:

SHUT UP RIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!  I wanted Liam to tell him, "well I was thinking about going back to her, but if it means I have to listen to you plead her case everything she bangs my dad, I think I'm gonna decline"

Steffy is the worst actress EVER!  I am actively HATE Watching right now, I just can't quit the show.

• Love 11

They made it sound like the baby is premature when in fact Stuffy was due in a couple of weeks.  To me a couple of weeks would be Stuffy's 37th week which is not premature.  A couple of weeks is not uncommon when woman with certain medical conditions would have a c section. Since Stuffy has scar tissue from her previous mis carriage, I'm a little surprised that Stuffy would be allowed to deliver vaginally.  But, TIIC think they are using dramatic license when it's actually dramatic impunity.  

Now I see why Stuffy was having so much trouble in labor. She gave birth to a two month old baby. ?

It's a little rude, of the minions, to be talking about Liam, Stuffy, and Kelly while Hope is in the room, but as usually, they are clueless.  

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Now I see why Stuffy was having so much trouble in labor. She gave birth to a two month old baby. ? 

That is a big-assed baby. 
(and I'm saying that as a woman whose first kid was a 10.5-lb bowling ball with hair)

• Love 11

, If I am not mistaken, Confused Constipation Liam agreed to go back to ShutUPSteffy right at the end there. They seriously couldn't find one of those realistic looking baby dolls that actually looked like it had been forcefully pushed through the Golden Tunnel after all that exhausting breathing and pushing? I mean, it was exhausting for us viewers.

Well, maybe this means we will finally start having some different conversations and stories and characters on our screens (I am blocking out RuntheTable's spoiler. I just can't handle that right now) . 

• Love 7

Anyone else find it a bit skeevy that the damn hospital bed was facing the door and there was Ridge peering in from time to time? IIRC labor rooms are not exactly set up for viewing from the hallway. That being said it was a minor detail among the glaring inaccuracies of this "miraculous birth". Loved how even though the baby was in the birth canal there was the option of a C-section? I didn't think that was possible. Had to mute that awful groaning/wailing/whatever it was that Steffy was doing. I think that is what tired her out more than the "hard labor". (Yeah, it was more exhausting just watching her "pushing".)

So Liam is now back with Steffy...Hope gets the dirty end of the stick yet again...Saint Ridge  was right and what has really changed? Never mind Steffy rode the stallion & totally enjoyed it...it was just once and "it was just a mistake, Liam." Nothing ever changes on this show except musical partners with a limited number of them.  So many missed beats & opportunities on this show (on all of 'em anymore really).

• Love 7

Quinn. Alluding to when you caused Hope's miscarriage? Not nice.

For sure JMW will proudly put today's scenes on her Emmy reel. And for sure the review committee will laugh their heads off. Steffy didn't seem any worse for wear than if she'd just gone through a hot yoga session.

Why does Hope have to be Steffy's cheerleader? Doesn't Steffy have enough of them?

Heh, Liam. The reason Kelly is so big for a preemie is that she's not a preemie. (Cue the Darth "$Bill" Vader theme song.)

• Love 8

Greetings B&B Watchers!

B&B is not my regular soap but I catch it often enough to have a basic understanding of what's going on. Today I was moved to share my feelings with a like minded group of folks: Damn! Steffy is the worst actress I've seen in my many years of soap watching. She is painful to watch. And matching her with the ultra-stupid Liam? He's stupider than the aggressively stupid Brady Black on DOOL. I'm overwhelmed but I'm  able to recognize from the writings here that there's still hope for this show. Not like GH, where all I can hope for is some kind of apocalyptic, catastrophic event that wipes out several cast members.

I've really enjoyed reading your responses and the nicknames. So clever.

• Love 10

Hope is acting like she's unraveling at the seams.  Her delivery is that of a quivering robot. The combination of the actress and her unfortunate eyebrows (said by one who has sparse BLONDE wisps above my eyes) give her a slightly crazed,  yet surprised expression but her face is also immobile. That's quite a feat. 

Maybe there is a silver lining:

Spoiler

I read on a soap gossip site that Hope is going to bet involved with Det. Sanchez. Parameters of the relationship weren't clear. It could go either that they become friends, then romantically involved OR a bitter Hope teams up with Colombo wannabee  to reopen the investigation of Bill's murder. Hope suspects Taylor and the duo set out to make Steffy's live living hell with threats to incarcerate Lippy. At least that would be more interesting than watching her mope around and pine after Lame.

I am confused about the baby. I thought all along that she was premature as everybody, including Hauxdi, that it was "too early." However, when this large, perfectly clean baby emerged, Liam commented on how big she was for a "preemie," and the doctor replied that Kelly isn't premature. I don't understand. How early was she born. I thought Hauxdi banged Bill as well as Lame (the latter probably more than once) around the same time. So, if Kelly was closer to full term, I don't necessarily see how that would automatically point the finger at Bill being the bio-dad.

All I care is that it is eventually revealed that Kelly is Bill's.  I was so hoping that the doctor/ultrasound was mistaken, and the kid emerged with a peen, full head of black hair and some type of sword-shaped birthmark!

• Love 7

So, if Kelly was closer to full term, I don't necessarily see how that would automatically point the finger at Bill being the bio-dad.

Valid point. I'm betting that they're either going to retcon further distance between her night with Bill and the next time she had sex with Liam, or, it'll turn out that wasn't the first and only time she and Bill had been together. DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!

• Love 3

If they really are backing away from a timeline where either Liam or Bill could be baby Kelly's daddy, I find that a little depressing, since that means we are probably stuck with Steam.  If they revisit it after Liam bonds with the baby, that would be hard to watch. 

• Love 3

Really, Ridge?! The baby was just born and you have to preach at Liam once again about Bill, a mistake, she loves you, etc. You couldn’t let that go for even an hour??!! I really do hate this character.

• Love 11