Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

"Dropping a pin" is a feature in Google Maps where you can pinpoint your exact location. Most people use that to find where they parked their car if they parked it on some off-street. I've never heard anyone use that in lingo ever and I live in SoCal.

• Love 2

I work at a gym and we've recently switched our TVs and now this show is on every day at a dead time and now I'm hooked due to closed captioning dammit. I hate Steffy. I think Bill looks like an old-timey villain. I have residual love for Thorsten Kaye because of AMC's Zach and Kendall (whatever happened to Alicia Minshew?!) and I think Katie and Wyatt are cute together. Scott Clifton appears to be a very good actor since he impressed me even though I can't even hear him. Did I actually read correctly today that Hope said Steffy ZIPLINED INTO THEIR WEDDING CEREMONY? What the actual heck? I'm assuming this is on YouTube but why did that happen to begin with?? 

And that baby is totally Bill's!

• Love 15

It is almost like she finally has Ridge in the position she has longed for for years but still wants to have Bill and Thorne panting after her.

I'd take the word almost out of that sentence because that's exactly what Brooke is doing and frankly has always done. Most recently when she told Caroline she could snap her fingers and have Ridge at her beck and call ... when that didn't happen she had to wander over to Bill's office and just happen to mention she still loved him. Despite him being married to her sister. For all the complaining about Ridge that goes on around here (listen I know he deserves most of it), Brooke is no better. She has spent her life blowing up other peoples lives for her 'true love' or 'destiny' or whatever she wants to call it. Brooke and Ridge really deserve each other. Even though I don't particularly like them together.

I would prefer Bill in this storyline if he'd just go full on villain. 'I told you I would destroy your Liam and now I have and by the way? The baby is mine' Rather than this crap about Liam being being the best Spencer blah blah. And then Bill should just tell Steffy to stop drying her nose on the blanket of despair and be his bride. Done and done. They could rule as the 'bad guys' on this show. Both actors are much better in that mode anyway (well with her even that is iffy but I think she does the bitchy stuff much better than the crying, sympathy stuff).

But nope, for some reason the writers believe the audience should feel sorry for Steffy which ... come on. She slept with her father in law! There have been plenty of bad girl soap characters who could get away with this but unfortunately Steffy is played by a really bad actress and she cannot straddle that line at all.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Lilac2000 said:

I work at a gym and we've recently switched our TVs and now this show is on every day at a dead time and now I'm hooked due to closed captioning dammit. I hate Steffy. I think Bill looks like an old-timey villain. I have residual love for Thorsten Kaye because of AMC's Zach and Kendall (whatever happened to Alicia Minshew?!) and I think Katie and Wyatt are cute together. Scott Clifton appears to be a very good actor since he impressed me even though I can't even hear him. Did I actually read correctly today that Hope said Steffy ZIPLINED INTO THEIR WEDDING CEREMONY? What the actual heck? I'm assuming this is on YouTube but why did that happen to begin with?? 

Alicia Minshew lives on the east coast and isn't looking for a full-time gig in soaps on the west coast.  She's given a few interviews lately to promote Season 2 of Tainted Dreams on Amazon where she's talked about this, as apparently she is often asked why she's not back in Daytime.  She did say that she'd be willing to do a short arc on a soap if the story is right, but she's not looking to leave her husband and especially her young daughter for long periods of time to work 3,000 miles away from home.  She's also still very close to TK, and speaks very affectionately about Kendall, Zach and Kendall, and AMC in general.  Ah, those were the days...

Steffy ziplined into her wedding ceremony to show what a spontaneous, brave, happening gal she was, which you'd never know from the current version of Steffy on B&B now. 

I'm psyched for Ridge vs. Bill next week.  I hope it does not disappoint. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

I'd take the word almost out of that sentence because that's exactly what Brooke is doing and frankly has always done. Most recently when she told Caroline she could snap her fingers and have Ridge at her beck and call ... when that didn't happen she had to wander over to Bill's office and just happen to mention she still loved him. Despite him being married to her sister. For all the complaining about Ridge that goes on around here (listen I know he deserves most of it), Brooke is no better. She has spent her life blowing up other peoples lives for her 'true love' or 'destiny' or whatever she wants to call it. Brooke and Ridge really deserve each other. Even though I don't particularly like them together.

This is why I've always considered Steffy the heir apparent to Brooke's Golden Cooter throne. While she usually never had malicious intentions with wrecking someone's life the way Steffy does, Brooke is never happy to leave well enough alone. She infamously pulled this same crap after rightfully ditching Nick N. Sane for having revenge sex with Bridget, then not even a year later literally hopped the next flight to LA after a fight with Ridge and spent the next few months seducing Nick with her body her fertile eggs until the rape story killed that in it's tracks.

It's not enough to have Ridge or that Bill signed the divorce papers without a fight. Now she's gotta have Thorne panting over her, after she humiliated him barely six months into their hard fought marriage (after Macy was sacrificed for it, or so we assumed at the time), and go butting in to see who Bill is sleeping with now.

Fuck that noise. As mentioned above, Brooke had every right to walk away but any claim to knowing his business was null when she accepted an engagement ring from another man. To quote what Bill once said, "You took off your ring! The marriage is over!"

1 hour ago, Lilac2000 said:

Did I actually read correctly today that Hope said Steffy ZIPLINED INTO THEIR WEDDING CEREMONY? What the actual heck? I'm assuming this is on YouTube but why did that happen to begin with?? 

You think that's daring, you ought to look up the horrible dress and army boot ensemble she wore to her first wedding to Liam! ?

In all seriousness, TIIC have been pushing Steffy as the daring and !!!FUN!!! type of girl for ages. It began mostly to show a contrast to her biggest rival Hope (who under the last actress was written as somewhat of an ice princess, to keep a very long story short. It'll come up over the next few weeks anyway, I'm sure), but in true B&B fashion, there was far more telling of this fact than showing. Oooh, look, Steffy eats truffle fries! Steffy loves old Bob Hope movies! Steffy rides a motorcycle to her wedding while nearing her second trimester!* Steffy can Cha Cha Cha!** Ugh, gag me!

*This was Steam wedding #2, complete with black lace jumpsuit and Elvilra pompador. I hope her next wedding is on Halloween.

**This has reached meme status, but I can barely remember how it started,. I don't think there was even an in-show organic mention of this, it was just written in as their "thing", like the truffle fries and movies and plastic army men. Because, yanno, it's hard to make memories when one of you is in between fights with the girl you're actually in love with ?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

"Dropping a pin" is a feature in Google Maps where you can pinpoint your exact location.

It's not only a Google maps feature, I do it from my Apple Maps app.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

Did I actually read correctly today that Hope said Steffy ZIPLINED INTO THEIR WEDDING CEREMONY?

Don't blame me, you asked for it ;-)   At about 1:47...

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

You think that's daring, you ought to look up the horrible dress and army boot ensemble she wore to her first wedding to Liam! ?

Again...don't blame me for any resulting nausea!

ce598eeb881e20732887858460ac8525--movie-

...and more beautiful wedding attire

659c6e815e501e51271cbd57959ddb69--movie-

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I guess Ridge will attempt to beat the crap out of Bill. Of course, it will turn out the other way. I’m calling a big fight in Bill’s office in front of Brooke. Brooke will be all judgey with Bill and say, “How could you sleep with your sons wife?” Both Bill and Ridge will turn to each other and start laughing hysterically. LOL!!!! Yeah, I don’t know how Brooke can get angry with the Bill with a straight face. I’m actually looking forward to Monday. I’m sure it will stretched out for a week though. How far away is Spencer Publications fron Cliffe House? This could be weeks. LOL!!!! 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

While realistically Bill could easily beat the crap out of Ridge, I won't be surprised if the idiot writers try to pretend Ridge can beat up Bill.  I think both Ridge and Brooke are selfish malicious despicable losers, and major hypocrites.  Neither of them should be criticizing anyone about anything.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I think both Ridge and Brooke are selfish malicious despicable losers, and major hypocrites.  Neither of them should be criticizing anyone about anything.

All of this, plus it's beyond gross to see a guy beating up a another dude for sleeping with his nearly 30 year old daughter, even if Ridge was doing so out of concern and not as a prime opportunity to take the piss. As usual.

Also, what was with the "Liam and I are close" rubbish? In eight years and two recasts, that Mean Girl stunt with Quinn last year is the most attention Ridge has ever paid Liam. Even then I'm fairly sure it was Sad Waffles who sought him out to bitch and Ridge mentioned in passing that he was gonna take Quinn down. Most of the Ronnnnnnnnnn Moss interaction I can find on YouTube was Ridge literally punching him for suggesting he was a long lost son and him growling at Liam to stay away from Hope. Their friendship is no more real than Steph and Taylor's was.

Speaking of Hope, I remain impressed that TIIC are, for now, committed to keeping her and Liam as friends. I saw no hint of her trying to worm her way back romantically--nor should she want to, honestly. What he's going through is sad, but that negates none of what he put her through in persuit of getting his willy wet. She truly has grown up. And I love the top AN was wearing.

Also, she seems way taller than KM, because when she hugged Liam, I could swear she was dipping down to embrace him. Clifton himself is not particularly tall, and I do seem to remember him looking over KM even in six inch heels.

Edited by Anna Yolei

DD is a fine looking man but Dolla is a ridiculous cliché with his Elvis style pompadour in shoe polish black and wannabe hipster facial hair. Snidely Whiplash has more depth of character. I know it's not original or shocking for this show but screwing your son's wife is a Very Bad Thing.  Steffy doesn't get a pass either. Liam has every right to be shocked and disgusted.  Not really anyone else has a leg to stand on. Ridge was recently screwing Dolla's niece. If he had a daughter, Ridge would have found a way to do her, too.   Ridge will be pissed but really just deal with it. Steffy was a willing participant and a married adult. 

• Love 6
On 1/18/2018 at 1:02 AM, LittleIggy said:

When Steffy said to Brooke “Liam walked out on me,” I wanted to slap her even more than usual. That sentence implied that Liam had wronged her. Bitch, please. And a “bitch, please” to Bill for saying that Liam was “abandoning” his family. Yeah, asshole, when was the last time you saw Will?

Amen to that. Whatever mistakes Liam has made in the past, Bill lost his right to throw shade at him for them the second he fucked Hat Trick with his own dick instead of fucking her vicariously through his sons' for a change. 

• Love 5

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in Brooke (or should I say the writers) for sniffing around Bill trying to find out who his new piece is.  If she's head over heels in love with Ridge, she wouldn't care who Bill is fucking.  And if she isn't head over heels in love with Ridge, then what's all the giggling and cooing for?  Did I pick up a hint of regret from both Brooke and Bill or is that just me?  Neither one can be TRULY happy with what they have now.  Brooke has Sludge and Bill has a slattern.  It was only a little while ago when they both had so much more.  We know that $Bill has no problem getting on his knees.  He should get on his knees and tell Brooke he was wrong, wrong, wrong and BEG her forgiveness.  I can't bear months, weeks or even days of Brooke/Ridge and Bill/Hauxdilox, especially when we know real love is so close.

I liked the scene between Liam and NuHope.  It was awkward and sweet.  The look on Liam's face when he got Hope's text and when he opened his door were beautiful; SC is a master. And it was clear that Hope wanted to be there for someone she still cares so much for, but also wanting to keep her distance out of respect for Liam's marriage but also to protect her heart.  It's clear that Hope has come to accept that Liam and Steffy are together and it probably cost her a lot.  No matter what she's feeling, she's won't allow herself to put her heart on the line again.  At least NOT NOW.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It's clear that Hope has come to accept that Liam and Steffy are together and it probably cost her a lot.  No matter what she's feeling, she's won't allow herself to put her heart on the line again. 

I'm here for this.

Now, can Brooke learn this lesson, please?

I did think that Hope was more natural acting with Liam in that sad hotel room than she’s been before since she came on the show. And by the way, why do people always stay in that Motel 6 when they run away. These are all rich people. I’m not rich and I wouldn’t stay in that notel motel. And certainly wouldn’t sleep in that bed! Ick.

• Love 1

He should get on his knees and tell Brooke he was wrong, wrong, wrong and BEG her forgiveness.  I can't bear months, weeks or even days of Brooke/Ridge and Bill/Hauxdilox, especially when we know real love is so close.

I guess mileage varies, but I have never believed the Brooke/Bill 'love' story. Certainly the actors have chemistry but I just didn't think much of the pairing. I mean considering all that he did to Hope alone should have kept Brooke far away from him.

I think Ridge is the love of Brooke's life and she is his. I feel about them much the way I do about Victor and Nikki on Y&R and Carly and Sonny on GH - keep them together and don't break them up anymore That way they cannot ruin some other innocent characters.

• Love 4

All of these couples you’ve mentioned do keep going back to each other in a psychotic kind of way. These relationships are all sick, twisted and interesting to those of us who don’t have to live in them and just watch them on these stupid soaps. Every day, we see the results of these kinds of sick interactions on the news when we hear about the horrifying murders of wives, husbands and especially these poor children. Our world is going to hell in a hurry when we start accepting this kind of behavior as “normal”. God help us all.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

DD is a fine looking man but Dolla is a ridiculous cliché with his Elvis style pompadour in shoe polish black and wannabe hipster facial hair.

You know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Wassup with Justin having the same wannabe hipster facial hair?    It's worth asking.  Who wears it better?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

You know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Wassup with Justin having the same wannabe hipster facial hair?    It's worth asking.  Who wears it better?

Oh, see I thought the smudges around Justin's mouth was from the constant smooching of Dolla's ass. 

• Love 3

Justin needs be to just confess his love to Bill already. Geez :p

On 1/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Gam2 said:

All of these couples you’ve mentioned do keep going back to each other in a psychotic kind of way. These relationships are all sick, twisted and interesting to those of us who don’t have to live in them and just watch them on these stupid soaps. Every day, we see the results of these kinds of sick interactions on the news when we hear about the horrifying murders of wives, husbands and especially these poor children. Our world is going to hell in a hurry when we start accepting this kind of behavior as “normal”. God help us all.

It's crazy. Especially in the case of Ridge having two women putting themselves on hold for him to make a decision. Hope and Steffy were two little girls taking swipes at one another, so I got why they put up with Waffle Prince; Brooke and Taylor OTOH were accomplished women in their own rights with no mothers or grandmothers or aunts or step-grandmothers who were once considered  the devil to gift them undeserved careers. Why the hell did they put up with Ridge when they could've had another him in a minute?

In the real world, no one would put up with these endless triangles. The only situation in RL I know of was one of my mom's...BFs for lack of a better word, who had two women fighting over him at his work. Suffice it to say all three people involved in that school yard drama (at a prison, no less!) had low self esteem, but eventually one of them did go on to marry someone else and the guy moved the other one in to save face about two or three months after he got involved with my mom (he pulled the same crap with her after she ditched him, because making women jealous is all the guy knows. Its an incredibly stupid, sad story. But I digress).

But yeah. Real people don't do triangles very long unless they're fucked in the head. One person moves one, or the guy picks someone or in one instance that I saw on Tumblr and entirely unrelated to Legend of Korra, the girls will dump the two timing pig....and move on to each other. Please, board spies, do this once. None of Liam's exes live in Texas and this could be sooooooo easy to do!

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

I didn’t expect any other reaction from Ridge; my shock came in Steffy telling him the truth and not embellishing. I believe any self respecting father is always going to focus on the man, because the other option, that daddy’s little girl strayed on her own, without provocation or some type of coercion, is unthinkable. And in the case of Steffy, Bill, and Ridge; not only did Ridge’s little precious do just that, but she did it with her husband’s father, her own father’s arch rival. So not only did Steffy betray her husband, but she has also betrayed her father and slapped him silly for good measure. I would suspect that Ridge’s Douglas and Marone blood, both strains known for harsh judgement and violent tendencies, will be well past a low simmer and will guide him to Bill’s office where it will allow him to declare Bill a violater of the first order; one who took advantage of his little precious’s confusion and her broken heart. I think Bill will tell Ridge he is right, because Bill is all about protecting Steffy. But I think, or…….um……..I just really, really hope Bill completely rocks Ridge’s world by not putting up a fight, by not automatically coming out swinging. No, I would rather Bill maintain this off balance, out of focus, disconnected thing he has had going on, while telling Ridge he only wants what is best for Steffy and Liam and their family, but Liam isn’t interested. Bill would then go on to tell Ridge that he has rediscovered his long buried feelings of deep, emotional love for Steffy, and how he is going to make her see that her only future is with him.

I am so disappointed in Brooke. They have not only stalled the progress she was making, but have regressed her back to pre BeLief days. She has the prize but wants all the consolation prizes too. I am not at all upset with Brooke for breaking up with Bill, but I am throwing all kinds of shade on her, while offering her an entire auditorium of seats, for going to see Bill and demanding to know who he is seeing. It was vulgar and transparent and coy and annoying as fuck. I am just about at the end of my line. After Australia, and how Brooke had those incredible moments of clarity about Ridge and Destiny and Bridge; I was so full of hope that she was, at long last, going to start a new, fresh chapter of her life. And it wasn’t even about Bill. It was about life without Ridge. And look at where we are. Right back at square one. Brooke is back to singing Ridge’s praises, and is fully recommitted to Bridge and Destiny and reuniting the Fambly. And what did it take? A few nice gestures and surprises? And of course those surprises mean that Ridge is totally committed to Brooke this time. Those wonderful, and thoughtful gestures mean that Ridge and Quinn will never be alone again, discussing a necklace, or rolling around on the guest house bed, or eye fucking. I’m not so sure. They had that very recent interlude, where it was all business but was still intimate as hell, and highly inappropriate for a grown ass man and his grown ass step mom. This is where Ridge is like Brooke. He really doesn’t want Quinn, but he wants to keep that hook baited. They both feel like they lose something by attrition if one of their ex’s move on, and I don’t mean move on in another relationship, I mean move on from THEM from an emotional standpoint. I am crushed and disappointed that Brooke is acting the personification of who Stephanie always said she was. No, I don’t, and never will consider Brooke “The Slut From The Valley”, but she is an emotional piranha, and for whatever reason needs to be the center of every mans world. Just like Belle told a young Ebenezer Scrooge “May you be happy in the life you have chosen.”

Wow, new Hope and Liam worked well together. And I agree with others; she is coming off as someone who cares and is worried about Liam, but is fighting her deeper feelings. When Liam saw Hope’s name, you could just see him sorta relax, almost like a warm wave of water had washed over him. I don’t know the intentions here, but Show has an opportunity to permanently and believably change the course of these two. Let them be deeply bonded friends and nothing more.

16 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Oh, see I thought the smudges around Justin's mouth was from the constant smooching of Dolla's ass. 

giphy.gif

Edited by RuntheTable
8 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

After Australia, and how Brooke had those incredible moments of clarity about Ridge and Destiny and Bridge; I was so full of hope that she was, at long last, going to start a new, fresh chapter of her life. And it wasn’t even about Bill. It was about life without Ridge. And look at where we are. Right back at square one.

The worst part is this isn't even the first time Brooke has supposedly found her voice separate from Ridge. Far from it.

As awesome as the Sydney smackdown was, my personal favorite was when Ridge came running back months after the fake deathbed wedding to Taylor, after she opened up about the James boink, and Brooke flat out rejected his ass--and not even because she had another man in her life. She was still making an effort to respect Nick and Bridget's marriage. No, she shut his ass down but good when he tried to pull crap about missing toddler Hope and RJ. And then he spent nearly the rest of 2006 fighting to get back into her life.

And then Brooke has all these guys trying to.prtect her from her, and I'm like...whut? How much protection does she need when he's shown his ass over and over again?

she was still making an effort to respect Nick and Bridget's marriage.

This makes me laugh because only on a soap could this be seen as a point in Brooke's favor! She stayed strong and did not try to sleep with her son in law during this time period! YAY? B&B is just so incestuous (and to be clear not laughing at you ... laughing at the show).

And then Brooke has all these guys trying to.prtect her from her, and I'm like...whut?

It's all so dumb. First of all, Thorne has had these feelings for Brooke all this time? Come on. They were together for such a short time and both moved on practically overnight. Brooke of course ran right back to Ridge. So Thorne's nonsense is just nonsense.

Rick and his protecting mommy thing is ridiculous too. Listen unless my mom gets married to someone who is beating her up, her choices are her own. I am far too old (and so is she) to be worried about who she gets involved with. If she is comfortable and relatively happy, that's good enough for me.

Good bad or the ugly, Brooke knows who Ridge is and vice versa. Now as a non-Brooke fan I will say I'd much rather watch her working in the lab or running a company and finding herself than doing this same old thing. But the writers can't seem to see Brooke in any way other than being with some dude so whatever. At this point, it's time to keep her with Ridge and stop the merry go round.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more Thorne/Katie to see if there is any there there chemistry wise. But then I'm in the minority here - overall, I like Katie!

4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

This makes me laugh because only on a soap could this be seen as a point in Brooke's favor! She stayed strong and did not try to sleep with her son in law during this time period! YAY? B&B is just so incestuous (and to be clear not laughing at you ... laughing at the show).

IKR? It's ridiculous, yet here we are. :P

But more to the point, it was the only time Brooke ever turned Ridge down when she was not in an active relationship and no one was very obviously in the wings for her. So it stands out a bit more for me.

4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Rick and his protecting mommy thing is ridiculous too. Listen unless my mom gets married to someone who is beating her up, her choices are her own. I am far too old (and so is she) to be worried about who she gets involved with. If she is comfortable and relatively happy, that's good enough for me.

Also, this. Worrying over parents' idiot decision sucks enough as a child when you can't even fix anything. It's beyond baffling that these grown ass adults who now have children of their own devote so much time to doing so. If Brooke doesn't get it now, she never will and deserves what she gets.

Edited by Anna Yolei

Ha! Just realized that with NuHope they can't use any of the old Lope footage for flashbacks.

So either we're going to get a million replays of when Liam sees nuHope for the first time or they'll be forced to shoot redos of the old footage.

I can't even with every damn body assuming Bill raped Steffy with no reason or proof or insinuation from Steffy whatsoever and even when Quinn admitted what she did to Liam in regards to Captive Cabin he got NO support from anyone about making sure she criminally paid for her crimes and was bullied, shamed, and talked OUT of doing so by his own father. Ugh.

While Ridge's old school possessive patriarchal cave man protectiveness of Steffy is a bit much, I ain't upset at a father being pissed and feeling his 20/30 something daughter is being used and manipulated by an older man -especially one like Bill- and wanting some words and to deal out some blows. That doesn't mean Ridge ain't a hypocrite but just because he's a louse doesn't mean he can't call Bill out for being one.

I realize that no father wants to think his daughter is a haux -- but come on this is Hauxdi.  She's been flinging her cooter around for years.  She got Liam to begin with by using her cooter.

Hauxdi was perfectly clear to Sludge that the Still sexxxxy time was consensual, She wasn't attacked or drugged or coerced or forced or anything else.  Sludge trying to play this off as an assault (rape?) is part #9475 in the never ending Sludge vs. $Bill battle.   And really Sludge, Bill had sex with Hauxdi to get back at you?  Seriously. did you just hear the idiocy you said?

On the other hand I really liked the easy friendly rapport between Liam and nuHope.  I want Hauxdi's brain to explode when she realizes Hope is back to stay and is offering Liam support if he wants it.

Recap for Friday, 1/19/2018:

We open in Liam's hotel room, which does look exactly like Eric's old room.

He's sitting on the bed, hugging a pillow, looking absolutely worn out and miserable and who could blame him?

His phone chimes and he almost ignores it (presumably because he's thinking it's another text from Hauxdi) but he takes a look anyway and is surprised to see it's from Hope.

Hope's text says: "I'm in town. Drop me a pin?"

Liam flashes back to recent events and you can see he's torn between wanting to be alone and wanting some comfort so he sends Hope a location pin.

She texts back: "I'm on my way."

Hope must be practically camped outside the hotel lobby because he doesn't even have time to clean up his takeout boxes before she's knocking on the door.

Liam opens the door and stares at Hope, shell-shocked.

Hope: "Hey." She moves to give him a quick hug.

Liam: "Hey. Hi. Been a long time."

Hope: "Yeah."

Liam: "Um, uh, come in."

Hope: "Thanks."

She steps into the room and it's a little awkward at first.

Liam, as polite as always, compliments her: "Europe agrees with you. You look good."

Hope: "Thanks. So do you."

Liam gives her a look: "Nice try. It's, uh, it's not the Ritz, but, you know..."

Hope sidesteps that question for a moment, noticing the take out boxes: "Still a vegetarian, I see. Or are you a vegan now?"

Liam shrugs: "I don't know what I am anymore."

Hope: "Do you want me to get you something else? There was a cute bistro around the corner if you-" She's striving for normalcy here because while she doesn't know exactly what's going on here, she knows Liam well enough to know something is very wrong but immediately pouncing the second she arrives would be the wrong move.

Liam smiles a bit at this: "No, no, no. I'm okay. I'm okay. Thank you."

Hope decides enough with the pretense of everyday, casual conversation (that was quick): "Only you're not. I ran into Sally Spectra and she told me you were going through a hard time. I'm so sorry, Liam."

Liam avoids her eyes and busies himself with straightening up the hotel room.

Liam, after clearing off a chair: "Well, that's a little better. You want to sit?"

Hope: "Uh, yeah. Thanks."

Liam: "So how much do you know?" Wondering how much she knows. Wondering how much to tell her.

Hope: "Uh, well, I know about your wedding in Sydney. It was all over social media, Steffy zip lining into the ceremony. I got to give her credit, making such a dramatic entrance, but, you know, hey, that's Steffy, always a daredevil, tempting fate." She blanches for a moment. "I am so sorry. I mean, what am I thinking, bringing up the wedding when you're going through all this?"

Liam shrugs again as if it's of no consequence: "Hope, Hope, it's okay. You have nothing to apologize for." Unlike his wife.

Hope: "I just...I know how much Steffy means to you. I have to believe that whatever happened, you'll get through it. Just...don't give up." I want to like this grown up Hope, the one we saw for the briefest of moments during that phone call between her and Steffy, discussing Liam's whereabouts, during the Captive Cabin days. Not that Hope was ever the emotional vulture Steffy was, looking for any angle, including someone's else's pain, to get what she wants and I don't believe the old Hope would have spared any words of encouragement for the Steamless relationship. But it's early days and being on the Lally ship aside, I don't know that I trust Hope to be completely altruistic here.

Hope: "You've got a lot of people who care about you, Liam. Including Sally Spectra. She's very concerned about you." As well Sally should be. What they've gone through in the past few months, including a near-death experience, has bonded them for life. 

Liam sighs: "Yeah, I know."

Hope: "Do you also know it goes beyond just caring? Well, she's not exactly subtle."

Hope-Liam-difficult-time-BB-CBS.jpg

And your point would be, what, Hope?  I can't help but wonder if she isn't here for the very same reasons and I'm not judging per se, but I don't care for the Sally comments. They come off as territorial and not a little hypocritical. "She told me you were hurting, which I can see you are, which I hate. You are a good, wonderful man, and you deserve every happiness. So if you want to talk to me about it, you can. Or not. I mean, whatever you need. I'm here for you, Liam. You've got a friend." 

And a friendship between them is all I'd like to see. I don't want to see the ToD revisited nor do I want to see a ToD with Sally (or God forbid, a quadrangle with Sally, Hope and the Heifer). Because I never bought into the Lope relationship all that much. Yes, Hope is Brooke's youngest, which automatically scores her points (I know, I have crazy logic sometimes), and was basically a decent person, but anyone would look good in comparison to Hauxdi. But all the years of back and forth...including long stretches where there was no interference from anyone and they still couldn't get together for longer than a few weeks and yet their battle cry continued to be "we wuz robbed!," well, that told me then all I need to know now. That ship has sailed IMO. Bon voyage.

I recall the conversation less than a year ago when Wyatt, now married to Steffy, told Liam to back off (rich, coming from Wyatt, Liam's leftovers snatcher), told Liam to call Ivy or Hope and Liam clearly stated "I'm not interested." 

I'd much rather explore things with Sally AFTER a decent amount of time for Liam to mourn the end of his current marriage and see where nuHope stands with Wyatt and for Sally and Hope to be friends. How refreshing would that be?

We cut to SP where Bill is flashing back to his night in the barnyard with Steffy. Yes, again.

Brooke walks into his office, immediately noticing he's lost in thought and what are you even DOING here, Brooke?

Brooke: "Somebody looks distracted. So, who is she? And how long have you been seeing her?"

Brooke1.thumb.jpg.463b351f93f51b1474af1806886a58f2.jpg

That's none of your business, lady, and you darn well know it. She had every right to end their marriage after what he did, but she no longer has the right to know what's going on in his life.

Bill cuts right to the chase, coldly asking: "What can I do for you, Brooke?"

Brooke's eyes widen just the tiniest bit with surprise at that remark: "You've already done it. The annulment papers." Oh, come off it, Brooke. We all know you're dying to know why Bill gave up so easily after five years of waiting for you. I'd have the same curiosity but TPTB already spelled it out for me - we can't have nice things.

Bill: "Hmm. You're here to thank me for signing them for you."

Brooke: "I am grateful."

Bill: "And surprised I didn't put up more of a fight to keep you in my life." He calls her out like no one can. 

Brooke: "I guess that could only mean one thing..." She pauses dramatically. "You've already replaced me." 

At that suggestion, Bill's face, changes, softens, and for just a moment, we get a peek behind the mask as he says, softly but firmly: "Impossible."

There is a long look between them and for just a moment, we see the same peek behind Brooke's facade as well, but uncomfortable now, she quickly dodges and continues to fish: "No. There's a woman you're infatuated with. Or should I say...love?"

Bill's drawbridge is back up as he swallows hard: "So the annulment had to be Forrester's idea, right? He was pushing for it?" Of course it was.

Brooke doesn't exactly answer: "It's what we both wanted, to move on." I think she wanted to move on from the nightmare of Bill's actions, but not necessarily with Ridge. He just happened to be the first available warm male body and the same reasoning when she almost married him in Sydney stills stands - she gets to be "the good girl" who does "the right thing." Once again, she's relegated to being a spectator in her own life but she chose it.

Bill, a bit of the hurt showing despite his best efforts: "You couldn't exorcise me from your life fast enough." He looks down at her hand. "Engagement ring."

Brooke: "I didn't want to wear it till I was sure."

Bill scoffs at this: "'Sure' is a slippery slope when it comes to Forrester and commitments." Brooke should stitch that on a pillow for her boudoir.

Brooke: "I will always care about you, Bill." 

Bill echoes her words: "And I'll always care about you, Brooke. But you've moved on."

Brooke: "And if my hunch is correct, so have you. So, who is she, this new woman in your life?"

Bill-Brooke-confrontation-BB-HW-1024x598

The only thing making me not want to throttle her is the thought of Ridge, overhearing this conversation. I'm sure it would sit with him about as well as seafood gone bad to know that Brooke, who is supposed to be soooo happy and in wuv with him couldn't make a beeline fast enough for her barely-ex's office to scout out the competition.

A phone call from Justin interrupts them. Bill listens for a few moments, then barks: "Just handle it, Justin." At Brooke's knowing look: "What? Oh, come on. Will you stop? You got to let this 'other woman' thing go. I mean, shouldn't you be with your fiancé, right, instead of worrying about me?" She should, but this is Brooke, she who is rarely where she should be.

Brooke: "Well, other than coming here and personally thanking you myself, I am concerned about something else. It's...Steffy and Liam. I'm worried about them."

Bill, playing dumb but wondering at what she knows "Why?"

Brooke: "I went to see Steffy this morning and ask her if she would want to be my matron of honor, and she just wasn't herself from the moment I walked in there."

Bill feigns disinterest: "Hmm. Well, did you ask her about it?"

Brooke: "Yeah, I did. I did. She was very evasive. But eventually she did admit that there was problems in their marriage and that Liam walked out on her. Did you know anything about this?"

Bill, sensing it's better to play along: "Uh, yes, I, uh... I know there's something going on there. But Liam and Steffy love each other, and they've been tested before, and somehow they, uh, they always find their way back together."

Brooke is like a dog with a bone: "But what if this time is different?"

Bill: "I don't even want to go there." Oh yes, you do.

Brooke sighs: "Well, at least Ridge is there to be there for Steffy." At Bill's raised eyebrow. "He ran right over there. I mean, he didn't even know about it until I told him, and, of course, he was very concerned. And he's gonna be there for his daughter in case she needs him." Sure, he will. Ridge is all about...Ridge.

Bill: "So, Ridge is with Steffy now?" He's just the faintest bit nervous here.

Brooke: "Yeah, he rushed right over there as soon as he heard there were problems."

Bill: "Yeah, I think the best thing, uh, we can do for them is to stay out of it, Ridge included." I can't say I disagree. It's really no one's business but Liam and Steffy's, but the more people they tell, the more it becomes everyone's business.

Brooke: "What? Why? Ridge is her father. Given how upset Steffy was this morning, it would be natural for Ridge to want to go over there and be there for her, especially because it seems so serious."

Bill, at the look on Brooke's face: "What?"

Brooke: "I really hate to even ask this, but do you think it could be an affair? I know that's ridiculous to even say. Those two are so in love with each other." Not ridiculous in the least.

Bill, clearly uncomfortable: "Speculating, uh, I just think it's pointless. Damaged relationships, they, uh, can and do heal. That wasn't the case with ours. But, uh, with regard to Liam and Steffy, I really think that, uh..."

Brooke: "You're going to root for Liam and Steffy, that they will overcome whatever or whoever has come between them." I don't think so. Not this time.

Brooke: "Do you know where Liam's staying?"

Bill: "Why?"

Brooke: "I thought maybe he'd be staying at your place."

Bill: "No, he's not staying with me."

Brooke eyes him closely: "Don't tell me you two are having issues again, not after everything that Steffy did to broker the peace between you." Including spreading her legs.

Bill: "Don't worry about Liam and me. Our focus needs to be on Liam and Steffy, keeping their marriage together, especially with a baby on the way." Since when does Brooke know that Steffy is pregnant? The only ones who knew as far as I'm aware are Steffy, Liam, Bill, Justin, Katie, and Wyatt. Steffy didn't mention anything to Brooke earlier. I guess I'll just chalk it up to crap writing. What else is new?

Brooke: "I know, and I agree, but how do we do that if we don't know what the problem is? Let's just hope that whatever Steffy is holding inside, she will be able to talk to her father about it, and he will be there for her and support her through this."

My prediction: Ridge will kiss her ass and put all the blame on Bill.

Bill doesn't respond, busying himself with taking a long swig of scotch.

We end at the beach house where Ridge is urging Steffy to tell him what's going on.

Ridge: "Honey, whatever happened between the two of you, tell me. I want to help."

19.01.2018+%25282%2529.png

Steffy: "I know. But this, um... what I did, it's something that I regret. I never wanted Liam to find out." Proving once again, she's sorry she got caught. Because regret /= remorse. And she would never have told Liam the truth, despite the fact that he was owed at least that much.

Ridge: "But he did find out, didn't he? Hey. It doesn't matter if you're embarrassed. You can tell me anything. Doesn't matter what you do or say. I'm never gonna love you less." Music to the pampered princess' ears.

Steffy's voice breaks: "I know. But you might never be able to look at me the same."

19.01.2018+%25283%2529.png

Please...this frequent philanderer, most recently with his own stepmommy, looks himself in the eye every day in the mirror and grins. He's got zero leg to stand on with you, honey.

Steffy decides to lead with her trump card just to stack the odds in her favor "Um... there's something I should tell you first. It's good news."

19.01.2018+%25288%2529.png

Ridge: "Okay."

Steffy: "You know how much I've been wanting a child."

Ridge: "Yeah."

19.01.2018+%25289%2529.png

Sure he remembers. He cares so much about his only grandchild, Douglas. Oh...wait...

Steffy: "I'm pregnant."

19.01.2018+%252810%2529.png

Ridge immediately sweeps her up in a big hug: "Oh, that is incredible! Oh, that's wonderful news!"

19.01.2018+%252812%2529.png

Ridge grins: "You're pregnant?"

19.01.2018+%252811%2529.png

She said that already, try and keep up.

Steffy: "Yeah."

Ridge: "Does Liam know? Why is he not here for you?"

19.01.2018+%252815%2529.png

Because she's a lying, cheating, sack of shit, but it will likely be next Tuesday before she gets to the point.

Steffy: "I know, I know. It's really confusing." No, it's really not hard to figure out why Liam got gone.

Ridge: "No, it -- it really isn't. Everything is great. You're having a baby. And you're okay? You're healthy? Everything's fine?"

Steffy: "Yeah. Yeah, I mean, it's early, but, uh, we're being cautious given my history."

Ridge: "No.  I've been wondering why you didn't show up at the office. Now I understand. It's good." You have no clue what you're talking about, Ridge.

Steffy: "No. No, you don't get it."

19.01.2018+%252816%2529.png

Ridge: "I do. I do get it. I -- this... the baby is the most important thing right now. Married couples fight. And then Liam, he's gonna cool down. He's gonna come back, and everything's gonna be fine." I guess I can understand his POV, especially when he can do whatever (and whomever) he wants and Brooke always comes back with open arms like the human doormat she is.

Steffy: "Dad, I wish you were right. But like I said, I...I did something, something I deeply regret. And I don't know if Liam will ever forgive me."

A light finally dawns in whatever passes for Ridge's mind these days and he asks: "I hate to even say this. But you said something happened, so this kid, I mean... Liam's the dad..your husband, right?"

Steffy: "Yeah. Yeah." As if it's of no consequence. In Steffy's mind, that's all that matters. I still think this baby's is Bill's.

Ridge sighs.

Steffy: "And he's gonna be a wonderful father."

Ridge: "Hey, I'm -- I know. And I shouldn't have even asked. You -- you wouldn't." Of course she would. Apples, trees, and whatnot. He sighs again: "I'm sorry. Maybe I should go find him. I've always had a good relationship with him." Since when?

Even Steffy thinks he's being ridiculous: "Dad, you don't even know what this is about."

Ridge: "Well, then why don't you explain to me what it's about? You're having a baby, and your husband walks away, and-" Your daughter is beating around every last bush there is to beat. Again, not that she owes him any explanation but if she's going to confess, then get on with it already.

Steffy: "I don't -- yeah, I don't know. I don't know when he's gonna come back." All long-suffering Bambi eyes at her father.

Ridge's already-furrowed brow furrows more: "What are you talking about? This is the most important time in your life. You're having a family. Liam is...he's a good guy. He's reliable, and what now? All of a sudden he just walks away? Why? What?"

19.01.2018+%252818%2529.png

Man, he is DENSE. Even Steffy thinks so.

Steffy: "Dad, he didn't just walk away. He took his wedding ring off. He gave me annulment papers. And I pleaded with him. I pleaded with him, but he doesn't want to be married to me anymore, Dad, and it's my fault. It's my fault." OMFG, just SPIT IT OUT ALREADY! Also, she's making it sound an awful lot like it's Liam's fault here.

Ridge: "I don't understand any of this. He took off his wedding ring?" Is it any wonder Ridge doesn't understand what's going on. She's only danced around the actual truth about 27 times.

Steffy: "Dad, I begged him not to give up on us. Not that I had any right after what I did."

Ridge: "You keep saying that. You keep saying what you did. What could you have possibly done? Maybe this is not about you. Maybe it's about him. You know, maybe this whole thing with Sally,  maybe he did fall for her." Because your precious princess couldn't possibly be in the wrong, is that it, Ridge? It's bad enough he's entitled, but he raised his spawn to be exactly the same way.

Steffy: "No, no, no, it's not about Liam and Sally. Yeah, I was upset, but it's not about that."

Ridge: "You should have been upset." Oh, don't worry, Daddy Dearest...she got her revenge.

Steffy: "Dad, I didn't handle it right."

19.01.2018+%252819%2529.png

Oh, is that what cheating on Liam with his father is called nowadays?

Ridge: "You didn't handle what right? He was kissing Sally Spectra." One kiss. One.

Steffy: "He was honest with me!"

Ridge: "What does that...what does that mean?"

Steffy: "I don't...I shouldn't have gone to the guesthouse. I should have just stayed here and worked things out with Liam, but I didn't, Dad. I was upset, and I ran off."

Ridge: "You're being too hard on yourself."

19.01.2018+%252820%2529.png

Oh, what do you know, Ridge?

Steffy: "No, no, if I didn't go to the guesthouse, I wouldn't have been alone. He wouldn't have showed up." So what if Bill showed up. Just cause he and his dick were there didn't mean you had to fuck him/it.

Ridge: 'Who wouldn't have shown up? Liam came there? He saw you there?" Try and keep up, Ridge. 

Steffy: "No."

Ridge: "Someone else?"

Lord, give me strength. I feel like this right now:

84.gif

Steffy sighs: "He listened to me. And he held me." Justifying as always. "Something happened, Dad. Something happened that shouldn't have happened."

Ridge: "Okay. It's okay. It's okay. You were distraught. We'll fix it. It's gonna be all right. Who was it? Who was that guy?"

19.01.2018+%252821%2529.png

Steffy, with a lot less hesitation than she had with Liam. Strange, considering her father and father-in-law despise each other: "It was Bill, Dad."

19.01.2018+%252822%2529.png

Ridge's mind is blown. If he had a list of 1,000 men Steffy could have boinked that night, Bill wouldn't make the list although how Ridge is that obtuse is beyond me.

Ridge sputters: "Bill? Bill Spencer did this to you?"

19.01.2018+%252823%2529.png

He didn't do anything she didn't want done, Ridge. Deal with those apples.

But mark my words...Ridge is going to make the Swill affair all about him. As usual.

Edited by CountryGirl

Ridge saying to Steffy "I know you wouldn't do this to me: when he found out about the Still boink was beyond creepy.  Your daughter just cheated on her husband with her father in law and that's your main concern?  How about saying "OMG I raised a skank!  Where did I go wrong.".

Well, color me stunned but Slutty telling her dad the truth just blew my mind!! When has she ever told the truth about anything?! And of course, Ridge made it about him and Bill’s hatred of him, etc etc etc. Go away, whispering man.

Well, in a way Bill did take advantage of Stuffy but I'm sure Stuffy also took advantage of Bill. 

Hey Ridge, it's not up to you to press charges, it's up to Stuffy and I'm sure you don't want the affair to see the light of day. 
Finally, miracle of miracles, Stuffy came clean and took the blame for her actions. But Ridge only heard blah blah blah. 

Wow, Hope is a born again virgin. Who would have thunk it. Now Hope and Liam can be Mr and Mrs Dudley Do-Right.  Now they can rescue more kittens. 

They need to make Steffy's pregnancy nightmares a series with the next one her giving birth with acting as coach, the baby is born and for a moment Steffy thinks the baby has magically healed everything when and Hope swans into the delivery room, Liam pops the question, she accepts, and they leave with the newborn baby as Steffy screeches from the bed with Bill going 'You have me.'

Ridge is attacking Bill and ignoring Steffy's role in her own destruction because if he acknowledges that she wanted to do it, he has to accept what drove her to it -  her alleged Daddy issues. And Ridge wants no part of the self-reflection that would have him realize his 'contribution' towards Steffy's bad choices.

Given she threw Liam's dead mother in his face regarding his abandonment issues and savior complex and why he couldn't commit to her, I'd say she deserves to have her manufactured daddy issues thrown right back at her. Preferably by Hope.

Edited by TobinAlbers
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Steffy: "I know. But this, um... what I did, it's something that I regret. I never wanted Liam to find out." Proving once again, she's sorry she got caught. Because regret /= remorse. And she would never have told Liam the truth, despite the fact that he was owed at least that much.

Has she said even once that she loves him in all of this bullshit?

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

He didn't do anything she didn't want done, Ridge. Deal with those apples.

But mark my words...Ridge is going to make the Swill affair all about him. As usual.

TK is godawful at expressing any nuiance (sic?) with his kids on Show. Everytime I see him in a scene with Steffy, all I see is the hamster wheel turning in that void where his brain should be, plotting and scheming. Not unlike Taylor came off as doing in the later half of Steam 1.0, come to think of it.

9 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Wow, Hope is a born again virgin. Who would have thunk it.

I hope you mean that metaphorically, because if I gotta watch Hope being reduced to what she does or does not do with her ladybits AGAIN, so help me God ??

There are degrees between being....well, Steffy and the vestal virgin stuff Hope and especially Aly was peddling.

5 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ridge is attacking Bill and ignoring Steffy's role in her own destruction because if he acknowledges that she wanted to do it, he has to accept what drove her to it -  her alleged Daddy issues. And Ridge wants no part of the self-reflection that would have him realize his 'contribution' towards Steffy's bad choices.

Reminds me of the daughter of my mom's shitty BF I mentioned either here or the spoiler thread who always had at least two women vying for his attention at any given time. He always provided for her financially but he seemed genuinely confused as to why she always went for emotionally unavailable losers.

Steffy can stop pedding that crap about not having Daddy's love. She is the clear favorite of all the children he raised, except possibly RJ because Slouchy can be used as a manipulation tactic on Brooke as needed. We'll see once RJ is SORASed and starts having his own opinions.

WH-A-AT? Now this is all about Bill seeking revenge on RIDGE? Did I miss something? I was trying to follow along with Sludge literally sludging his way through the big reveal, aftermath, not listening to Hauxdi ... and when he mentioned the "r" word, I naturally assumed he meant that Bill was getting back at Liam.  I don't believe you can file a police report (after the fact) about consensual sex between adults of legal age.

Yeah. ICAM. TK is not good in playing the father of adult children. Demonstrated with Thomas and Hauxdi. He's passable with Slouchy, so maybe his comfort level is with younger folks.

I was kind of secretly hoping that Bill was going to ask Brooke to leave his office. Her constant needling and nagging was getting on my last nerve. It really is none of her business what is going on with Steamless.

Speaking of Brooke ... WHAT possible good is it going to do to send her over to talk to Hauxdi? If she hears the news that Hauxdi just boinked Brooke's not-yet-ex- at the time, probably isn't going to sit well. Why not call Hauxdi's new BFF, Katie?

To me, nuHope seems much older than Liam. I don't know if it's because, yeah, she is a lot tall than KM was, or because she seems so much more mature now. Her mentioning her volunteer work was like catnip to Liam's ears. I am probably reading too much into a casual conversation, but it felt like the writers were perhaps sowing a small seed to possibly take root down the road. Hope and Liam form some type of charitable foundation which brings them closer together, much to Sally's chagrin. OTOH, it could have been just idle chatter to explain how Hope has grown and "found herself" during her three-year absence.

Regarding KM ... I am really getting a kick out of "L.A. to Vegas." (And I really hate sit-coms.) She's very good on that show and plays well off her on-camera BFF and Dylan McDermott. My only concern is that it might be difficult to crank out new fresh material every week for such a narrowly-focused context of a show. We'll see.

Don't know why $Bill was trying to be coy with Brooke about the Steffy and Liam situation. He knows the truth will come out eventually and she's going to remember how cagey he was being. I guess he can claim he was trying to respect their privacy. Kind of like how he respected their marriage.

Meanwhile, why does Bill have a model of a jet in his office? Is SP also involved with the aerospace industry?

Wow, Steffy's just trying to get some major hurt put on Bill, huh? Her telling Ridge that Bill loves her pretty much guaranteed that Hurricane Major Ass-kicking would be heading Bill's way.

Justin: Ridge Forrester just blew past security. You want me to cut him? You know I'll do it.
Bill: Nah, Justin, I got it. Probably the only person who'll be getting shivved today is me.

It really is none of her business what is going on with Steamless.

And if Brooke's really determined to make it her business she should go grill them for the details instead of Bill, who as far as she knows is an innocent third party. Innocent. Sure.

I can't really blame Ridge for jumping to the same conclusion that I jumped to. I doubt Steffy would have ever been on Dolla's radar if she wasn't Ridge's daughter.  If Dolla could kill two birds with one boink (Liam and Ridge) as well as bag the beast known as Steffy, then it's a win all around for him. Convincing Steffy that it's his great love for her, piece of cake. If the baby turns out to be his, bonus!

Catching up from last week-

-No show, you can't put Maya in a scene with Thorne trying to be sympathetic when she was an absolute terror to his daughter in her final months. Thorne has to put up with Rick because they're brothers but I wish Thorne casually tossed out to Maya something that let her know he knows more about how she treated Aly when she was on her power kick and that he hasn't forgotten it. Especially since he's trying to bring Aly's designs to fruition at Forrester. And if Rick wants to defend his wife, Thorne can then say, too bad you didn't defend and protect your niece like an Uncle should when she needed it. 

- Brooke rolling into Bill's office so sure that Bill's moved on to another woman since he let her go was sad and hilarious. Sad because what does it say about them both that their great love lasted less than 6 months and hilarious because she knew him all too well. 

- Hope reaching out to Liam and his battling his hesitance and need and then finally giving in was really well done. Their tentative handling of each other was even better. Gotta say though, while Hope pulled her fair share of crap in the ToD 1.0 and 2.0, she was showing *extreme* grace in comforting Liam in a stinky hotel room grieving over the end of his and Steffy's marriage and SC did register Liam feeling that as well as his regret and wanting to break down with her but also knowing he couldn't and shouldn't.  He put her through hell over Steffy (and she him over Wyatt) but she pulled herself out of the Lyatt Bermuda Triangle and made a life for herself in Italy only to literally come back in his life when Steam is flatlining on its own and one could say destiny might be knocking. 

Kind of wish Hope came back with a fiancé. That would have made sense for her return home- to introduce him to  her family especially Brooke. Wyatt would be suspicious while Liam would wish her well and welcome the buffer of Hope moving on to find happiness. Hope's desire to be Liam's friend would be conflict for her and her fiancé.

Gotta love that Eric was at the Bridge engagement party and sees Hope but no doubt Quinn is gonna be so shocked when she sees Hope is back in town. I really hope that all is not forgiven with Quinn. No, she didn't intend for Hope to fall and lose the baby and Hope probably doesn't know the sordid details of Captive Cabin but between Deacon and being the one Ridge cheated with the day before the Bridge wedding, Hope should remain civil but distant with Quinn. 

1 hour ago, grisgris said:

o me, nuHope seems much older than Liam. I don't know if it's because, yeah, she is a lot tall than KM was, or because she seems so much more mature now. Her mentioning her volunteer work was like catnip to Liam's ears. I am probably reading too much into a casual conversation, but it felt like the writers were perhaps sowing a small seed to possibly take root down the road. Hope and Liam form some type of charitable foundation which brings them closer together, much to Sally's chagrin. OTOH, it could have been just idle chatter to explain how Hope has grown and "found herself" during her three-year absence.

If they are setting up commonality, it will be far more development than Lope 1.0 ever got after Puffy and then Wyatt entered the picture. And to be honest, while original Lope was okay, the biggest appeal was that he hadn't slept with Brooke like Oliver had.

I would rather the show not go back again* to that dried up well, but I like to think that the two of them will actually have conversations with one another before breaking up and won't go pissing off about being "wobbed" by their stupid decisions.

*I think Jack Wagner was off the show by the time Hope and Liam had their bi-monthly wedding attempts, but I would have LMAO if he had gotten to sing that ridiculous song at one of their weddings. It fits them so much better than it ever did Bricky.

Her constant needling and nagging was getting on my last nerve. It really is none of her business what is going on with Steamless.

This is why Brooke and Ridge are perfect for one another - everything is about them.

I'm not a fan of Ridge, but I can totally understand him not being pleased about this Bill situation with Steffy. He doesn't know about all the flirting and so forth that was going on for months. I would think most fathers wouldn't like knowing their daughter had slept with a guy Bill's age. I completely acknowledge Ridge is also a hypocrite in this regard because I'm sure neither Karen nor Danielle was thrilled over the idea of Caroline marrying him. They weren't on screen for us to see that though.

Now should Ridge be punching Bill? No. Should he be threatening some kind of legal action? No. Steffy is in her 30s (right?) and has already stated she wasn't forced in any way.

I’m guessing Ridge gets one good punch in & then Bill takes over. I’m not sure where it goes from there. Ridge will tell Brooke and she can get on her moral high horse and deem out Bill. Wait! She can’t. She slept with all of the Forrester men and I guess someone will bring that up, right? Probably not. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes down. I will give Brad Bell some credit. Usually, stuff like this drags on for months but he’s going lightening fast with the showdown. 

Edited by ByaNose

I'm at a conference most of this week so I'll be doing a lot of posting and running, but I seriously cannot with Ridge.

So this two-time rapist has the utter gall to storm into Bill's office, going apeshit over his daughter's virtue?

Newsflash Ridge, your now-30-year-old daughter knew exactly what she was doing and who just as she knew full well it was Uncle Rick that she was giving her V-card to, despite all your "It's not gonna happen, Rick!" growling all those years ago.

She's a ho being a ho.

15 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

no doubt Quinn is gonna be so shocked when she sees Hope is back in town. I really hope that all is not forgiven with Quinn. No, she didn't intend for Hope to fall and lose the baby and Hope probably doesn't know the sordid details of Captive Cabin but between Deacon and being the one Ridge cheated with the day before the Bridge wedding, Hope should remain civil but distant with Quinn. 

I honestly blame the six inch stillettos and Hope chasing Quinn down on a 20 degree incline more than anything Quinn herself did.

But I agree that they need not become besties either.

4 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm at a conference most of this week so I'll be doing a lot of posting and running, but I seriously cannot with Ridge.

So this two-time rapist has the utter gall to storm into Bill's office, going apeshit over his daughter's virtue?

Newsflash Ridge, your now-30-year-old daughter knew exactly what she was doing and who just as she knew full well it was Uncle Rick that she was giving her V-card to, despite all your "It's not gonna happen, Rick!" growling all those years ago.

She's a ho being a ho.

All of this. There is not one single relationship Steffy has been in where she hasn't cheated on, cheated with or attempt to cheat with in nine goddamn years since her SORASing. What other soap character has such a record? It's like he was asleep at the wheel for all the Owen, Oliver and Bill antics in the early 2010s. ?

And then there's the issue that none of this postering has anything to do with Steffy and everything to do with Ridge's ego, because it's always about him.

He can go take every seat at the next Chargers game. They'll appreciate the business.

14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m guessing Ridge gets one good punch in & then Bill takes over. I’m not sure where it goes from there. Ridge will tell Brooke and she can get on her moral high horse and deem out Bill. Wait! She can’t. She slept with all of the Forrester men and I guess someone will bring that up, right? Probably not. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes down. I will give Brad Bell some credit. Usually, stuff like this drags on for months but he’s going lightening fast the showdown. 

You know, I just realized there's no one who would even care about that anymore; all of Brooke's rivals are off the show or dead, Eric has always forgiven everything she's done;Katie has moved on from her sourpuss ways for now. So...yeah.

Personally, I'm glad to see that trope put to bed, because even if this was only unique to Brooke's character (it hasn't been since before pagers went out of style), all the men were also willing participants and it's tiresome to see only her getting bashed for it.

Dear Ridge, 

There is absolutely no law on record that says that it's a crime for your mortal enemy to sleep with your 30-year-old, mentally-competent, fully-capacitated, & most importantly, willing, ho of a daughter. 

Signed,

Someone Who Took 1 College Course On Criminal Justice, 20 Years Ago

**On the bright side, this is by far the best work DD has done in this entire story. He had his little gleam back, thank God.**

• Love 4
16 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Gotta love that Eric was at the Bridge engagement party and sees Hope but no doubt Quinn is gonna be so shocked when she sees Hope is back in town. I really hope that all is not forgiven with Quinn. No, she didn't intend for Hope to fall and lose the baby and Hope probably doesn't know the sordid details of Captive Cabin but between Deacon and being the one Ridge cheated with the day before the Bridge wedding, Hope should remain civil but distant with Quinn. 

I think Hope should remain 'civil but distant' with Quinn AND Wyatt.  Quin for obvious reasons.  But it's hard to buy Hope/Wyatt as a doomed love story when Wyatt used the EXACT SAME TECHNIQUE on his brother's OTHER fiance.  Wyatt played the same game with Hauxdilox that he played with Hope so whatever happened between Hope and Wyatt was less about love and more about wanting his brother's woman.

Parts of today's episode felt like I was watching excerpts from Pam's beloved 'Medieval Times'.  Did Ridge and $Bill actually talk about Haudilox as if she were a 16 year old virgin and not the 30 year old woman who has made SEVERAL laps around the block?  Did Ridge make Hauxdi's 'violation' more about HIM than about her?  Hauxdi might be a heifer but I couldn't believe that they were both talking about her as if she was some prize-winning livestock.  And all that bullshit about how important it is for a child to grow up in a two-parent household?  Ridge grew up in a two-parent house and I believe $Bill did too.  Look how well THEY turned out.  If anyone knows the folly of two parents staying together in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the kiddies, it's Ridge Forrester-Marrone. 

I am so bored with the Katie/Wyatt Fuckfest 2018.  The show missed the window of opportunity when anybody would care if news of their affair leaked out.  Is there anybody in LA who would give a shit that those two are fucking, NOW?  With Steffy, Ridge, Brooke, Katie AND Hope away from the office, Rick and Thorne will have a good case for the two of them running Forrester, since they're the only people who ACTUALLY SHOW UP TO WORK.

• Love 3