Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I laughed out loud of Bill's "annulment happy" comment when he saw the papers. It's so true. So was his trying to pick Steffy up from her moping around the house frump she has going on now. Tou're Steffy Forrester, CEO. Pick your self up and stop begging and be the power girl you are! I really do want to see how and where they go with this Bill/Steffy 2.0.  They were so well suited and matched business wise the first time around but that was before Liam was the sainted god of B&B.

So Ridge of all people is going to call Bill an abuser for having consensual sex with his ex? Since Ridge seems to forget that Steffy was with Bill first.  Then on top of that Ridge is going to attack Bill to Liam for wanting to steal his life? Ridge? The guy who tried to hide a child from his own son and pass it off as Thomas's brother?  Someone needs to throw the entire Carolina relationship in Ridge's face. 

How is any of this Hope's business? Brooke should have not said anything, she knows the history. 

• Love 6

Brad Bell compartmentalizes his characters, but for whatever reason, I just can't figure out.  He focuses on a handful of characters at a time, and the others disappear for weeks, or months, on end.   That's why we haven't seen Quinn, the Avants, Rick and Maya, Sally and the other Keystone Kops who pop up maybe a couple of times a month.   Bell just can't seem to integrate most of the characters into his storylines.

Bell seems only interested in making his characters nothing more than bedhoppers, with Brooke being the worst.  Hell, I'm surprised that she doesn't live in some free clinic.  Do you all remember the story when Brooke was at a masquerade party and she screwed, I think, Oliver, thinking he was Ridge?   How stupid was it not to know the differences between a young schwantz and Ridge's wrinkled weenie?  

Can't stand nu-Hope.  I don't think she can act her way out of a paper sack.  And what's with her hair?   This so called style of wrapping hunks of hair around a curling iron and then just leaving it looks stupid.  Whenever I looked at her yesterday, all I could see was her spiral gobs that look like  payot, or the side curls on Hassidic men.  Comb your damn hair, girl!!!! 

• Love 10

Overall this SL with B/S/L has a lot of punch, has been well written and acted, but something has been missing for me. After reading my fellow posters comments, I have realized it is this ambiguous writing for Bill. For this type of SL to work, I need clear cut reasons, that can at least make the betrayal understandable. So, I know that Steffy was distraught over Liam kissing Sally. As a wife, I would have been too; although I think having been married a whole lot longer than Steffy, it would have been more like “seriously?” than me falling on Mr. R’s father’s dick. But it is at least something that has been consistent. Bill on the other hand, has been all over the place. Pick a day and you will get a different Bill. Is he out for revenge on Liam? Is he out for revenge on Ridge? Revenge on both? Does he really love Steffy, or is that just part of the plan? At first all he did was push Steffy and Liam to reunite. Save the marriage. Save the family. Save the child. Then he went back to blaming Liam, and dragging him through the dirt for who he is. Then he started with how he had rediscovered his long lost feelings for Steffy. Geez writers, pick a lane already. It is hard to be properly pissed off with a character when you don’t know what their motives are.

Poor Liam. Just one person after the other badgering and bludgeoning and bullying. I can’t say that Ridge was wrong about Bill, but none of that changes what Steffy did. And that is the point that everyone is missing. It isn’t about Bill. It is about Steffy, and that Steffy is Liam’s wife, a wife that had sex with his father, then came home and renewed her wedding vows while still smelling of his dad. It isn’t about forgiveness, or getting past it, or bucking up and being a man. It is about trust, and honesty, and integrity, and how, to Liam, Steffy is no longer the woman he married. And another thing that has set my ass on fire, is how no one is treating Liam like the victim. After one minute of saying how sorry they are, it switches gears to, BUT!, there is a child involved, and you have to go back to Steffy. Even worse, is how they are defending Steffy to Liam. They all just need to go away and leave the guy alone. If he needs someone, let him call them. It is getting beyond annoying.

Brooke looked smashing in that blue blazer, and I absolutely love her hair. And KKL was so good with DD in those scenes. He cut her to her core, but she didn’t lose it. I was impressed how she came from a place of fear and love, because I absolutely believe Brooke still loves Bill, and fear because she knows first hand what Bill is setting himself up for. I think it’s great they are drawing on the darkest part of Brooke’s past, and maybe allowing her to try and do something good with it. I give her props for not making it all about her, although I know she was deeply hurt by Bill’s words, she kept it about Bill and his son, and their future.

I thought Ridge was very harsh and rude to Hope. I mean, isn’t he the one who contacted her about coming back to LA. And no, it isn’t any of Hope’s business, but it’s none of Ridge’s or anyone else’s either. And does he seriously think Hope is going to learn that Steffy is pregnant and that Liam has walked out on her, and not want to know why? I can see what is going to happen here. Ridge and Hope are going to start having problems, and Ridge is going to be defending and supporting Steffy, and it is going to break up Bridge. Not that I care, but that is my thinking.

I am trying to like the new Hope, but the more I watch her, the more creeped out I get. She is far too intense in her reactions and facial expressions, and almost seems a little kooky. And I agree about that hair. It is all so distracting that I can barely focus on her acting. 

I continue to like Kim Matula's new show. They seem to be hitting a stride, and it is a little better each week. I am so happy for KM; she really does have a nice comedic touch. 

• Love 17

^^^    Yes, to all of this.

Well, except for nuHope.  It's early days yet and it can take the young ones a little time to find their footing. I'm willing to give her some before writing her off.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, tessaray said:

Well, except for nuHope.  It's early days yet and it can take the young ones a little time to find their footing. I'm willing to give her some before writing her off.  

Agreed.  To be honest, though, I actually quite like her.  I also think the hair people don't know what to do with a curling iron, Brooke looks awful when her hair is styled with the flat top & stiff waves.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Overall this SL with B/S/L has a lot of punch, has been well written and acted, but something has been missing for me. After reading my fellow posters comments, I have realized it is this ambiguous writing for Bill. For this type of SL to work, I need clear cut reasons, that can at least make the betrayal understandable. So, I know that Steffy was distraught over Liam kissing Sally. As a wife, I would have been too; although I think having been married a whole lot longer than Steffy, it would have been more like “seriously?” than me falling on Mr. R’s father’s dick. But it is at least something that has been consistent. Bill on the other hand, has been all over the place. Pick a day and you will get a different Bill. Is he out for revenge on Liam? Is he out for revenge on Ridge? Revenge on both? Does he really love Steffy, or is that just part of the plan? At first all he did was push Steffy and Liam to reunite. Save the marriage. Save the family. Save the child. Then he went back to blaming Liam, and dragging him through the dirt for who he is. Then he started with how he had rediscovered his long lost feelings for Steffy. Geez writers, pick a lane already. It is hard to be properly pissed off with a character when you don’t know what their motives are.

True.  I can't decide if the writers once again don't know what the hell they are doing, or if they are trying all options for this SL to see if the viewers respond to any.

Bill having real feelings for Steffy that he has supposedly been denying would work better if he had been married to Katie all this time.  If Katie believed they had worked through their problems, were happy, and the reason Bill kept backing the Liam/Steffy horse was because Bill thought Liam/Steffy were more suited than Liam/Hope only to find out that the real reason Bill has tried to keep Steffy close all these years was because he wanted Steffy, and had only stayed with Katie out of obligation, would pack more of a punch.

Instead since all of these people trade out partners every other month, it just seems like it's time to get on the merry-go-round again, and do a new set of triangles.

I would love to see Ridge and Brooke's heads explode if Bill and Steffy got married, the baby turned out to be Bill's, Bill and Steffy stayed married, and continued to have more children.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Poor Liam. Just one person after the other badgering and bludgeoning and bullying. I can’t say that Ridge was wrong about Bill, but none of that changes what Steffy did. And that is the point that everyone is missing. It isn’t about Bill. It is about Steffy, and that Steffy is Liam’s wife, a wife that had sex with his father, then came home and renewed her wedding vows while still smelling of his dad. It isn’t about forgiveness, or getting past it, or bucking up and being a man. It is about trust, and honesty, and integrity, and how, to Liam, Steffy is no longer the woman he married. And another thing that has set my ass on fire, is how no one is treating Liam like the victim. After one minute of saying how sorry they are, it switches gears to, BUT!, there is a child involved, and you have to go back to Steffy. Even worse, is how they are defending Steffy to Liam. They all just need to go away and leave the guy alone. If he needs someone, let him call them. It is getting beyond annoying.

My favourite part of an excellent comment. 

I am so afraid that Ridge is going to wear Liam down and he will go back to Hauxdi.  The only hope would be if he went back while Dear Old Dad was still there.  Liam shouldn't be berated because he can't forgive his wife; what she did was UNFORGIVABLE.  The Pope couldn't forgive what Steffy did to Liam.  As @RuntheTable said, she fucked his father, came home and renewed her wedding vows.  What man (or woman) on earth could stay with someone like that?  What Liam doesn't understand is THAT'S the woman he's married to.  Hauxdi has ALWAYS been a horrible person.  Liam was just too caught up in the cha-cha-cha to realize it.  Maybe that's why Hope's return seems like such a revelation.  Liam KNOWS Hope would never do what Hauxdi has done.  He's ALWAYS known it; he was just too busy following his dick to appreciate it.  Having the 'COOL' Steffy Forrester crazy about him was a huge ego boost to computer nerd Liam.  The same way being Bill Spencer's son made him feel powerful and important.  He always knew the type of man his father was.  He knew what his father did to Hope.  He stood by while his father destroyed two people's lives by lying about his cousin Caroline.  He was just never in the direct line of fire before Sally/Spectra.  What Liam is experiencing is a lot of chickens coming home to roost.  A lot of people are getting on their knees.  Liam might consider getting on his knees and apologizing to Hope.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Can't stand nu-Hope.  I don't think she can act her way out of a paper sack.  And what's with her hair?   This so called style of wrapping hunks of hair around a curling iron and then just leaving it looks stupid.  Whenever I looked at her yesterday, all I could see was her spiral gobs that look like  payot, or the side curls on Hassidic men.  Comb your damn hair, girl!!!! 

Not only that, but I see that the dressers have put her in OldHope's tacky floral outfits. So ugggghhhhhh. I couldn't stand the old romantic triangles with her, with everyone wanting to get up in her skirt. Her character is so holier-than-thou it's maddening. I want to see Sally beat the snot out of her. Or maybe bring Amber back and run her off the road or something. 

• Love 2

I don't mind nuHope so far. Yes, her reactions as a little OTT, but I am willing to give her time. I see her as playing somebody who has come back home and immediately in the middle of a giant clusterf*ck. I mean, she inserted herself into it, but it's still gotta be a huge shock.  NuThorne also seemed a bit rattled when he first came on board. Now the poor guy was immediately shuttled to the back burner (basement.)

If it's the same a few months, down the road, then I might change my mind. I thought her floral pencil skirt was pretty. I also liked Brooke's blue jacket. We need to keep piling on the positive reinforcements about KKL new haircut. I think she looks amazing! Her hair looks so much thicker and healthier and the color also doesn't look as harsh. BEAUTIFUL!  She looks every inch the fashion executive to do whatever it is she does at FC.

I also like "L.A. to Vegas." I am glad that the writers stopped trying to involve all of those kookie ensemble characters into every SL (that would have made the show unwatchable) and are gradually adding in Dylan McDermott. I had read initially that the plan was to use him very sparingly because his character was so OTT, but I see they've toned him down considerably. KM is holding her own. Will the show win Emmys for "Best Comedy?" Probably not. But it's good light-hearted fun and I am enjoying it.

• Love 9

Bear with me here:

I think nu-Hope is so invested in Liam and Steffy because she wants to believe that giving up Liam and going to Europe  -- leaving the path open for Steffy -- was the right thing to do.  That is allowed Liam to be with Steffy and stop waffling.

Now Hope going to Europe was definitely the right thing for her -- and I really want to see the new, more mature, found her real passion and purpose Hope.  But I also think she left to give Liam the freedom to pursue Steffy without the specter of a Lope reunion lurking on the sidelines.  Steffy has been single mindedly fixated on Liam for years and I believe Hope assumed they would be together, finally, and rock-solid.

Hope returns and immediately finds out Steam are separated and then that Steffy fucked Bill.  So leaving, giving up any chance with Liam, and giving Steffy a clear field was for naught.  Hope, who clearly still loves Liam  (although may not be in love with him) is horrified at what Steffy did.  She's probably thinking she gave up a possible future with Liam and that the ho cheated on him and hurt him to the core.

Hope is horrified, and I suspect angry.  I want to see some of that anger directed at Steffy for what she did.  Liam is too broken right now to do it, but I want someone to get in Hauxdi's face and call her out for the ho she is.  It wasn't an indiscretion or a mistake or an assault, or an out of body experience or whatever else people are calling it to excuse Hauxdi's ho behavior.

Hauxdi knowingly, willingly, consensually had actual sex with her FIL after weeks and weeks and weeks of hugs and hand holding and stroking longing looks and eye-fucking and lapping up the lavish OTT praise Bill was heaping on her.  Weeks and weeks of foreplay. It was never a question of if they would have sex, it was always when.

I will not be surprised when Bill and Hauxdi get quickie married nor will I be surprised when the baby turns out to be Bill's, Because we know he fixed that paternity test, I'm just waiting for him to admit it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, La di Diva said:

Now Hope going to Europe was definitely the right thing for her -- and I really want to see the new, more mature, found her real passion and purpose Hope.  But I also think she left to give Liam the freedom to pursue Steffy without the specter of a Lope reunion lurking on the sidelines.  Steffy has been single mindedly fixated on Liam for years and I believe Hope assumed they would be together, finally, and rock-solid.

Not that facts matter to these writers, but Steffy wasn't even in LA when Hope initially left. She'd just lost her own baby and without it, there was no pretense to stay with Wyatt. And while I know the reason Hope left--and that they didn't bother to do a WTD surprise paternity--was because Matula didn't renew her contract, I'd like to think that she too was tired of the stupidity as well.

1 hour ago, La di Diva said:

Hope is horrified, and I suspect angry.  I want to see some of that anger directed at Steffy for what she did. 

As many have mentioned, that's what this show lacks--someone like Stephanie's who can be sufficiently pissed off at both parties the way she was during the Breacon mess. For all the aforementioned reason, Hope is the best person for that. If Steffy had been married to Wyatt and done this, I would have nominated Quinn but she has less authority to speak for Liam than LDG.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

was because Matula didn't renew her contract, I'd like to think that she too was tired of the stupidity as well.

Matula left to pursue "bigger and better things," which typically means big screen or a prime-time. Her IMDB looks like she's done other stuff, but it's mostly fluff and bikini/nude scenes.

• Love 1

Her IMDB looks like she's done other stuff, but it's mostly fluff and bikini/nude scenes.

She had a relatively major role in the past season of UnREAL (which is dark, satirical take on the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise). I'm guessing that's what ultimately gave her the visibility and credibility to get a starring role in her own series. There was a certain amount of nudity and sex scenes involved though. It was pretty much a 180° turn from her role as syrupy sweet Hope.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Matula left to pursue "bigger and better things," which typically means big screen or a prime-time. Her IMDB looks like she's done other stuff, but it's mostly fluff and bikini/nude scenes.

Kim Matula is an actor.  Sometimes the work requires 'bikini/nude scenes'.  If any slut-shaming is necessary, perhaps it should be directed at the producers/directors who make money using attractive young women's bodies.  And perhaps the audience who consider it 'entertainment'.

KM is making her living as a working actor.  She's made the leap from daytime to prime-time, which is very difficult to do.  I haven't seen her current show, but I'm proud of KM and I think she should be proud of herself.  I miss her as Hope but I'm going to try and give nuHope the time to settle into her role.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

As many have mentioned, that's what this show lacks--someone like Stephanie's who can be sufficiently pissed off at both parties the way she was during the Breacon mess. For all the aforementioned reason, Hope is the best person for that. If Steffy had been married to Wyatt and done this, I would have nominated Quinn but she has less authority to speak for Liam than LDG.

ITA with that, but ... you know if Satanie were still alive, she's be up in $Bill's grill, too. I think that she'd totally be on Sludge's side in all of this that Bill was a predator, seeking revenge on Sludge, yadda yadda yadda.  She might lightly chastize Satanie 2.0 with a light slap on the wrist, then that would be the end of it. I could also totally see Satanie rip Brooke and Sally new ones for their "roles" in all of this.

I'd also rather be seeing Stephanie being the source of support to Fauxdi instead of Brooke, Katie or Hope. Isn't ironic how the evil Logans are the only ones offering Hauxdi a shoulder to cry on.

I miss SF. She is sorely needed to keep everybody "in line." LOL!

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

If any slut-shaming is necessary, perhaps it should be directed at the producers/directors who make money using attractive young women's bodies.  And perhaps the audience who consider it 'entertainment'.

Absolutely not slut-shaming KM at all - you missed my point. I wrote that her agent (or her) announced that she was leaving B&B for 'bigger and better things' that seemed to turn out to be mostly non-substantive roles for the most part. ITA with you r.e. it's the agents/producers/directors who should be scrutinized, not the actors.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 1

Even if it was just “fluff,” it’s still a lot more than most soap actors who were far more acclaimed have gotten. What happened to Jennifer “As the World Turns Around Gwen Norbeck” Landon, for instance? Billy Miller has actively attempted to do prime time and he’s still on GH. Hell, even our own JMW can running back after a year of flying solo doing similar fluff work. Makensie Mauzy who played Phoebe back in the day has had a role in a major film but not much exposure before or since.

im happy for Matula that she has built her career up, cuz honestly, the last Soap actress I can think of who dug their way out the trenches in recent times is Eva Longoria and her stint as Christine took place back when we still used payphones.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Absolutely not slut-shaming KM at all - you missed my point. I wrote that her agent (or her) announced that she was leaving B&B for 'bigger and better things' that seemed to turn out to be mostly non-substantive roles for the most part. ITA with you r.e. it's the agents/producers/directors who should be scrutinized, not the actors.

She is the lead female on a comedy series that just got ordered more episodes. She also was a cast member on Unreal for season 2. 

She's already moved on to bigger and better and done a better job at it than other people from B&B that have left for the same. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

She is the lead female on a comedy series that just got ordered more episodes. She also was a cast member on Unreal for season 2. 

She's already moved on to bigger and better and done a better job at it than other people from B&B that have left for the same. 

JMW also left for bigger and better things and how did that workout?  It took a while but KM did a lot better because of the two, KM is a superior actor.  In "Dawn Patrol", Kim did have to do a nude love scene but it was with Scott Eastwood.  ??.  Kim is quirky and funny in her new series. JMW couldn't be that in a million years. 

• Love 9

Getting work as an actor/actress is hard.  Just getting a role is difficult.  For every actor/actress who only gets a role in soaps, there are hundreds who don't get any roles at all.

It would be nice if they would do something different with Hope.  Another Liam triangle will be boring.

• Love 4

I'm so over triangles period, but especially ones where the leading "man" is in the passenger seat being led around the nose as Waffles nearly always was in the past.

But that said, the triangle I'd go for is one with Ivy and Sally as rivals. Cuz Liam was his happiest ever with Ivy and was far more of a "lost chance" than Hope IMO. I won't rehash the 1001 reasons Lope helped to wob themselves, but Ivy was the very best of both worlds.

And let my girl Sally get SF running again, but with Hope designing and Thorne supporting her in Aly's memory once Ridge finds a way to rid FC of both of them. And then Thomas returns, having realized he'd been suckered, but Sally is conflicted not because she's still pining for Liam, but she realizes a new Hope for her own future....

(Seriously, we have enough single young ladies to do the first all female Quad of Doom on daytime TV, so......)

• Love 2

I've read that it's much more difficult to break into comedy roles, especially for women.  (Decent ones where they don't play some tired stereotype like an airhead, slut, dirty old lady, etc.) I'm really happy for KM and think she's doing a great job. I visited the L.A. to Vegas forum here and the comments from the first episodes to last week have really changed in tone -- for the better.

I thought JMW left B&B to do some travel show for a cable network. I saw the clip from some bad B-movie that another posted put on one of the B&B sub-threads, but has she done anything else noteworthy?

• Love 2

I understood why Phoebe (MM) decided to leave.  Phoebe had spent more time getting sent out of town for one reason or another than she had been seen on screen in a SL.  I also understand why actors/actresses choose to remain on a soap for several years.  Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, and Victoria Wyndham all stated they had no guarantee of getting movie or prime time TV roles, and they could very easily simply get cast as someone's wife, girlfriend or the woman who gets killed at the beginning of the movie or show.

I wish they hadn't killed off Phoebe and had done something different with Steffy and Hope.  The writers could have given all three different personalities without making them rivals.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Even if it was just “fluff,” it’s still a lot more than most soap actors who were far more acclaimed have gotten. What happened to Jennifer “As the World Turns Around Gwen Norbeck” Landon, for instance? Billy Miller has actively attempted to do prime time and he’s still on GH. Hell, even our own JMW can running back after a year of flying solo doing similar fluff work. Makensie Mauzy who played Phoebe back in the day has had a role in a major film but not much exposure before or since.

im happy for Matula that she has built her career up, cuz honestly, the last Soap actress I can think of who dug their way out the trenches in recent times is Eva Longoria and her stint as Christine took place back when we still used payphones.

Jennifer Finnigan hasn't done too badly.  I'm certainly looking forward to S2 of Salvation. :-)  It was dumb but as long as Santiago Cabrera is on my screen, I won't complain too much. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

After that Wood was on the Vampire Diaries or one of the other teen soaps on the CW for a season before her character was killed IIRC.

She played Sarah Lance on the pilot of Arrow where her character was killed off only when she was resurrected as a badass martial arts trained assassin in the following season they recast the role and JMW was bounced. Shame because the revived Sarah is now lead of an ensemble of a spinoff that's in its third season. While JMW lacks the skill to be what the character became, she easily could fit on any of the shows. Heck she could've been the second coming of Cat Grant on Supergirl- a sex kitten reporter who uses her looks and manipulation to get the story as she strives to be taken seriously. I'd love if they had her appear on Legends as a Sarah from a different Earth and opposite the actress who replaced her on Arrow.

ATWT peeps seem to have fared the best. Jack and Dusty pop up on prime time in guest spots- Gotham was a big one. Jesse Soffer (Will Munson) is on Chicago Med, both Casey's went on to prime time wins with Zach Roerig on all seasons of Vampire Diaries and Billy Maggnussen getting Tony nods and in a plethora of tv and movie roles and has a pilot near pickup at FX. Jordana Brewster has Fast and Furious, Dallas, and Lethal Weapon, Ming-Na is lately on Agents of Shield, Jennifer Munsen's actress is also all over prime time ranging from Life on Mars to The Knick to Time After Time to Mosaic currently on HBO. 

MaKenzie Maury does tv and movie roles but does mostly stage these days when she isn't canoodling with her fiancé the guy who plays Jamie on Outlander. His fans are so rabid, fending them off may be her full time job.

Matula's got a great shot with her show getting a pickup. The show is cute and she's just perfectly cast. Her B&B peeps need to be hitting her up for guest role spots. It really lends itself to the men of B&B appearing en mass for a bachelor party or convention. Darrin Brooks, Scott Clifton, and the guy that plays Oliver could really have a blast.

Back to B&B topic...I'm trying to understand how Bill would spin him and Steffy getting engaged when she's pregnant with his grandchild and still try to say he loves his son and wants his forgiveness. Nothing about Bill makes a lick of sense.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Christine? Her character on Y&R tried to kill Christine.

Shemar Moore has done fine for himself. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

ATWT peeps seem to have fared the best.

Not to mention Meg Ryan (who ticks me off because she never mentions ATWT in her acting history), Julianne Moore, and Marisa Tomei.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I understood why Phoebe (MM) decided to leave.  Phoebe had spent more time getting sent out of town for one reason or another than she had been seen on screen in a SL.  I also understand why actors/actresses choose to remain on a soap for several years.  Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, and Victoria Wyndham all stated they had no guarantee of getting movie or prime time TV roles, and they could very easily simply get cast as someone's wife, girlfriend or the woman who gets killed at the beginning of the movie or show.

I wish they hadn't killed off Phoebe and had done something different with Steffy and Hope.  The writers could have given all three different personalities without making them rivals.

And Phoebe is now in a relationship with "Jaime" from "Outlander".  Lucky girl!

• Love 1
On ‎01‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

She had a relatively major role in the past season of UnREAL (which is dark, satirical take on the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise). I'm guessing that's what ultimately gave her the visibility and credibility to get a starring role in her own series. There was a certain amount of nudity and sex scenes involved though. It was pretty much a 180° turn from her role as syrupy sweet Hope.

I really liked KM in UnREAL and am liking her even more in L.A. to Vegas.  I'm glad she got a chance to stretch her wings and grow professionally.  So far I'm not a fan of nuHope...she just seems so stiff in the role...but am hoping she'll relax into it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Alec Baldwin. Wasn't he on one of the daytime soaps? I know he was briefly on "Knot's Landing" (a show that I miss to this day!)

Actors like Tommy Lee Jones, Ray Liotta, and Kathleen Turner started out on soaps. 

• Love 1
On 1/27/2018 at 11:21 AM, RuntheTable said:

While the folks onscreen can't seem to connect the dots when it comes to Princess Skank-a-Lot, I'm glad the fans can.   Frankly, I find it alarming that the natural inclination of those onscreen is to believe that Bill violated Stuffy.  She clearly inherited her parents' Teflon coatings with quite a bit of bleach thrown in.

Le sighhhh...I've all seen this particular scrimmage in Bradley's playbook before especially when it comes to Ridge projecting his own fuckery onto others.  For years, other men "go low" while Ridge has the illusion of "going high."

Ridge sexually assaults Caroline while she is drunk, but Thorne is the crazy bad guy because he dared to be outraged that his wife was violated and ends up shooting Ridge in the head while in a fugue state.  Thorne's reward?  Ridge is contemptuous and outraged.  Caroline ends up treating Thorne like dog doo-doo stuck to her shoe and ultimately ends up with her prince not-so charming in a fairytale wedding.  Unfortunately, she died shortly after the marriage.

Ridge sexually assaults Brooke while she is zonked out on anti-anxiety meds.  All he knows is that Massimo told him to go and seal the deal after Nick was distracted dealing with Jackie being jailed for "tax fraud."  Neither Brad Bell nor Ronnnn Mossss can handle the fan outrage and Brad decides to (a) censor all discussion of the rape on what was the show's official board; and (b) ensures that Brooke is violently raped by Andy, thus setting up Prince Ridge as Brooke's "savior" [her word--not mine].  And, to this day, she still thinks he should be an option for her.  

Like you, RuntheTable, I have yet to figure out what Bill's motives are.  One minute he was twirling his mustache as the audience saw the wheels turning in his head and he vowed to decimate Liam.  The next he's claiming that Stuffy was always "the one."  Another minute, he wants to reconcile with Liam and is crediting the "Ivanka Trump of the Spencer Clan" with being a moderating influence and bringing the family together--on her back.  Now, even if I were to understand and to accept that any father would be outraged by what has happened, the idea that serial-raping Ridge--who has targeted his relatives' wives and girlfriends just because he could--wanting to call the police is downright laughable.  He needs to quit acting as if Stuffy is some poor put upon loyal wife, who was taken advantage of by a predator.  That bitch is nothing but an HIV--a hoe impersonating a virgin.  Liam has every right to want to be rid of her.  And, that would be even if she didn't fuck his father.  

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Ridge sexually assaults Brooke while she is zonked out on anti-anxiety meds.  All he knows is that Massimo told him to go and seal the deal after Nick was distracted dealing with Jackie being jailed for "tax fraud."  Neither Brad Bell nor Ronnnn Mossss can handle the fan outrage and Brad decides to (a) censor all discussion of the rape on what was the show's official board; and (b) ensures that Brooke is violently raped by Andy, thus setting up Prince Ridge as Brooke's "savior" [her word--not mine].  And, to this day, she still thinks he should be an option for her.  

I had no idea that was the reason for the Andy story. I did remember KKL voicing her irritation at being bounced back and forth between the Marone brothers, which is why the Baby Jack as Brick Uniter story was scuttled. I thought the rape story had been her idea, but that sure would explain why the story just ended up all about Ridge....and why Flannery's fibroidmyalgia (sic?) suddenly "flared up" when she never needed to take an entire six weeks off before or since.

Good grief :|

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Neither Brad Bell nor Ronnnn Mossss can handle the fan outrage and Brad decides to (a) censor all discussion of the rape on what was the show's official board; and (b) ensures that Brooke is violently raped by Andy, thus setting up Prince Ridge as Brooke's "savior" [her word--not mine].  And, to this day, she still thinks he should be an option for her.  

That's what was going on?!  And then they threw Stephanie under the bus to make that happen by having her be the one to tell Andy 'I'll leave the door unlocked. Just go on up and help yourself. She's ready, willing and able.' Good on Susan for suddenly needing to take 'medical leave' to get away from that shit.

2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I thought the rape story had been her idea,

I think it's an example of be careful of what you wish for.  The audience saw Quinn and Liam had inappropriate chemistry and TPTB did as well but tried to capitalize it in such an appalling asinine story that it backfired on everyone but Clifton who got an Emmy out of it. Ultimately, Quinn landed in an even better position as Eric's love interest for a short time but now that's flagged since Queridge was flushed as was her rivalry with Sheila. Hell, she's even accepted Watie and she's now been backburnered as the matriarch. Quinn is dead in the water unless they have her pull a Carter and suddenly be jealous of Bridge and begin to scheme to break them up and get Ridge back. But to what end?

• Love 5

Oh Brooke honey, Sludge's only fault (only!!??) isn't that he follows his heart.  It's that he thinks with and follows his peen.

If Carowhine returned with news that Douglas was his, watch how fast Sludge would jump on the "quickie annulment, a child should be raised by 2 loving parents" train.

Sludge, you do not get to bully and guilt Liam into forgiving your ho of a daughter. You do not get to be angry at Liam because he said he cannot forgive your ho of a daughter. You also do not get to be annoyed and PO-ed at Hope for knowing the truth about your ho of a daughter.

Steffy you are definitely living in fantasy la la land if you think Liam is going to forgive, forget and come home where all will be roses and sunshine.  You say you don't love $Bill. Well ... OK ... but when has that ever stopped a couple in Bell-A from getting together.  You might want to keep $Bill's offer on reserve. I kinda think you might need it when the real paternity of Baby Spencer comes out.

Sidenote -- If Steffy doesn't stop rubbing her non-existent bump I'm going to smack her hand away.  She did it today during the entire Still conversation.  We get it, you're preggers. We also know you fucked your FIL, so no acting the Madonna for you.

• Love 10

Once again the writers can't even keep the lame excuses straight.  Brooke is the one who follows her heart or destiny to whatever man she currently wants to screw (including her daughter's husbands).  Ridge is just a selfish jackass.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, nasir jones said:

When Ridge said, "I can't imagine what you're going through", Liam should've responded, "You should because you spent most of last year hornin' after your dad's wife."

With the exception of Taylor and tapping James' virgin booty when they were ensconced in snow up at Big Bear and that he found out about YEARS after the fact, I don't think any woman Ridge has been with has cheated ON him with someone else so no....he doesn't know what Liam is going through.

Eric would know, but he thinks Liam is a weenie so he ain't sharing any booze or cigars in commiseration with him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nasir jones said:

When Ridge said, "I can't imagine what you're going through", Liam should've responded, "You should because you spent most of last year hornin' after your dad's wife."

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Liam, but Ridge will never know how Liam or anyone else feels.  1) Because Ridge is a selfish jackass who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself so it is impossible for him to feel real sympathy or empathy. 2) Because the moment there is a problem with his current relationship, he immediately runs to someone else. 3) Because Ridge has no problem chasing after his father's or brother's wives. And do I really need a 4.

32 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

It has been the day from (work) hell so all I have is this (swiped from Twitter):

DUqrauAXUAAYHR4.jpg

HELL NO!

Again? Seriously? {face palm}

• Love 4

20 minutes of much to do about nothing. Ridge can't get it through his thick skull that the concept of love and forgiveness, to Liam, is as different as the sun and the moon to him.  

I ask, how is Ridge and Brooke getting married really have anything to do with Liam and Stuffy reconciling?  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Waldo13 said:

20 minutes of much to do about nothing. Ridge can't get it through his thick skull that the concept of love and forgiveness, to Liam, is as different as the sun and the moon to him.  

I ask, how is Ridge and Brooke getting married really have anything to do with Liam and Stuffy reconciling?  

Nothing.  Ridge just likes to make everything about him.  Ridge and Brooke still haven't realized that the world doesn't revolve around them, never has and never will.

• Love 4

Instead of begging, Bill should just tell Steffy the baby is his. Because it is, right??

Liam's holding up to the pressure pretty good so far but he looks like might be weakening after Ridge's delusional browbeating. Hang tough, Liam! Because if you let Steffy think she can sleep with your father and you'll still take her back, just imagine what she'll do next.

Were they serious with that overly dramatic music at the end when Brooke and Ridge were kissing? Pssht, like they both haven't been married eleventy gazillion times before. What is it with this show and weddings?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, nasir jones said:

3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

With the exception of Taylor and tapping James' virgin booty when they were ensconced in snow up at Big Bear and that he found out about YEARS after the fact, I don't think any woman Ridge has been with has cheated ON him with someone else so no....he doesn't know what Liam is going through.

Eric would know, but he thinks Liam is a weenie so he ain't sharing any booze or cigars in commiseration with him.

Brooke used Ridge decking Rick over Phoebe as an excuse to start chasing behind Nick (who by then was finally starting to move away from his obsession with her). Which was wildly inconsistent to the woman who had been panting behind Ridge her entire life, but he did have the nerve to be put out behind that.

But now that you mentioned that....no, he's never been cheated on :/

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

It has been the day from (work) hell so all I have is this (swiped from Twitter):

DUqrauAXUAAYHR4.jpg

HELL NO!

The only reason the original ToD with Brooke, Ridge and Taylor was able to remain relevant for as long as it was:

-chemistry

-characters were well rounded on their own

-each pairing was allowed to exist long enough to develop any kind of fucks about them

-Neither Brooke or Taylor's families were fighting for Ridge harder than they were

-Wooden hair mannaquin that Moss was, it was obvious Ridge was genuinely torn between both of them, and why wouldn't he be? They were both catches

....which is literally the opposite of this new ToD. Ridge was, is and will always be an asshole, but he's a fun asshole who was good in the sack and put effort into wooing a woman. That's more than I can say for Liam the sad waffle, whose most proactive effort to pursue Steffy was spending all of 2016 crowing about Quinn being a Nasty Woman(tm) then attempting to fuck off to Hope Paris when she didn't dump Wyatt on his schedule.

Having to defend Liam these days reminds me of Will Ferrell's most recent sketch on SNL as he revived his Dubya stick to point out "Look, I still sucked hard!" ?

And even if Hope began from a position of love, she was nearly as entitled and self centered as Steffy by the time she orbed out into the light in late 2014, when she'd spent the whole year stringing Wyatt along and punishing Waffles for his...well, waffling ways while still cutting bait at the first bump on the road, so they ain't exactly Bob and Kim Hughes themselves. 

It's too bad the TwoP forum archive is lost so the spies could read about the reactions to original ToD in live time as it all played out. We were far less restrictive back then ?

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Were they serious with that overly dramatic music at the end when Brooke and Ridge were kissing? Pssht, like they both haven't been married eleventy gazillion times before. What is it with this show and weddings?

I didn't get it, either. And it was so synthetized, like all the music from ABC shows. Even if I was misty eyed at the 13th reunion of Bridge this month, it would have taken me out the moment.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5