Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, thewhiteowl said:

I can't bring up any sympathy for her but my lunch is close

Hahahaha!

Liam is the world's saddest dude, tho. SC is managing to pull that off with whining or looking like Eeyore and it just works for me. 

Indeed, this is leaps and bounds better than his acting was post-Captive Cabin where my biggest emotion to seeing him onscreen was the desire to stick a sock in his piehole. Which is the exact wrong emotion to be feeling, given everything Quinn had done to him.

But also, it resounates better because unlike 95 percent of his other stories, Liam is the one driving the bus, taking some active agency in his life, rather than sitting back as he gets barked to decide on a woman or blaming others for being wobbed. I guess someone has been listening to the constant complaint that Waffles never *did* anything and it doesn't make for a compelling leading man.

DD is not. I haven't really been able to buy anything he is trying to sell since his obsession with a building. It falls into Snidely Whiplash territory and is more laughable than entertaining. YMMV

Diamont, surprisingly, has been the most disappointing aspect of this story and the writing hasn't done his Ronn Moss-esque acting choices any favors. As others have said, $Bill only seems remorseful that he was caught, not about anything that's transpired since his obsession with Sky began.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Diamont, surprisingly, has been the most disappointing aspect of this story and the writing hasn't done his Ronn Moss-esque acting choices any favors.

There were times, during the big Liam/$Bill confrontation scene, at the height of the drama, that DD looked like he was about to crack up!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

So Liam made me cry again. But what's up with an annulment? That doesn't make any sense.

Probably for the most cynical of reasons.  TIIC want to rush Swill along and want their future "leading lady" to be available to roll around in the trough with her fellow pig, Bill, guilt free.

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

There are flashbacks, beginning with their Aspen wedding, with that sad, manipulative music playing in the background.

And every time I see Steam 1.0 clips, all I can think of is how Liam could barely focus on Steffy because he was still hung up on Hope.

It's fitting that the one marriage of theirs that lasted longer than a season of Sherlock was following a bout of literal amnesia, because homeboy sure seemed 900 percent done with her after the Ivy shit too.

That said, I'm with you. #NopeToLope all the way. My problem with super couples is with the writing staff still push these couples well after it's become obvious that they no longer work or they've become different people--or should have. As Hope said herself (and I truly hope the writers mean), she's become a different person in those three years. You can love someone and know that they're not right for you. Especially now--Hope Logan has been a lotta things, but she isn't a complete vulture who'd want her guy under these circumstances.Thats Steffy's schtick.

10 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Probably for the most cynical of reasons.  TIIC want to rush Swill along and want their future "leading lady" to be available to roll around in the trough with her fellow pig, Bill, guilt free.

Oh God, you're probably right about that.

Look, if TIIC wanna go for it, then fucking do it. They already went there with Raya being assholes who didn't give a fuck so why the kid gloves with Swill?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Look, if TIIC wanna go for it, then fucking do it. They already went there with Raya being assholes who didn't give a fuck so why the kid gloves with Swill?

Apparently, the writers don't comprehend there is no impact to these breakup/move on SLs because the characters routinely cheat and switch partners every other week.  They fall in love with everyone that crosses their path.  When Katie was bitching at Bill, and she had the realization that Bill has supposedly had feelings for Steffy for years, I was like so what?  Bill dumped Katie for her sister twice, and Katie is currently screwing one of Bill's sons.  Am I really expected to believe that Katie is outraged on Steffy and Liam's part?  Katie being upset and angry for Liam might make sense, but Katie giving one fig about Steffy, never.  Also, Katie is just another hypocrite.  She had no problem doing the same thing to her niece Bridget, after reading Brooke the riot act about how Brooke shouldn't hurt Bridget again.

I bet Liam will move onto Sally and Hope in no time, and then when Steffy/Bill get together, Liam will be complaining about that while he waffles between Sally and Hope.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's fitting that the one marriage of theirs that lasted longer than a season of Sherlock was following a bout of literal amnesia, because homeboy sure seemed 900 percent done with her after the Ivy shit too.

They never really answered if Liam recalled Steffy in bed with Wyatt that night or not. They also made of point to have him say in dialogue at the time that he still had gaps in his memory so that may have been one of the holes in his memory. If he remembered, he willfully tossed it into the 'It's Wyatt and Quinn's fault' trash heap because instead of copping to the fact Steffy made her choices, he wanted to believe she was manipulated by Wyatt.

But how powerful would it had been if he had dropped that nugget on her saying "I did forgive you for this before. Don't your remember? Of course you don't, because you never admitted it or apologized for it so let me refresh your memory. Wyatt. You and Wyatt together in my bed.  I came home from Australia contrite and apologetic and ready to work through our issues and found you and Wyatt together asleep in OUR bed. I forgave you for that. Forgave you for marrying him in what? A month after I went missing? Like our history meant nothing to you. I should've taken the hint back then but I wanted to believe our issues were because of Quinn and Wyatt interfering but the issue has always been us. You and me. We've never worked. Not really."

But a) Captive Cabin and Quinn's crimes prior to her become Mrs. Eric Forrester are verboten. This show literally has the characters acting like cheating on Eric is her GREATEST crime ever which ::eyeroll:: and b) can't have Liam bitching about Wyatt's betrayals when he's been crying on his bro's shoulder.

I'm down for Liam to have Cooper family or an old friend to come to town to be a support for him as long as he doesn't turn out to be like Y&R's Stitch. What's Lindze Letherman (GH's Georgie) up to? She was always fun with him and pretty spunky.  I'm also down for Wyatt to have an old love that Quinn messed up the first time around come back into Wyatt's life and he really be torn between a second chance at an old love and whatever he's doing with Katie.

• Love 12

Did Sludge borrow $Bill's black shoepolish hair dye?  Today Sludge-o's hair , eyebrows and beard were pitch black.  It. Looked. Awful. And. Fake. And. Stupid. And. Dirty.

And seriously if I hear him utter the phrase "Put our family back together" one. more. effing. time. I'm going to slap the man into next week.  Sludge Jr. has never has his family together during his entire life. Why care now?

Just to be fair, let's ask Thomas and Steffy if they'd like their family back together with Sludge married to their mother.

I liked Thorne asking Eric to for once see Sludge for who he really is.  Not who Eric wants him to be.  Not sure yet how I feel about Therrick as a team, but so far I'm optimistic.  Never gonna forgive Raya for they way they treated Ally though.

So glad Therrick commented that Hauxdi hasn't been to work in days.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

Days?  How about months?!  I can't recall Hauxdi gracing Forrester Creations with her presence since she boned her FIL.  Granted, time moves a lot more slowly onscreen than it does in real life, but damn.

I heard a rumor that Miss Thing was a CEO.  I'm glad TIIC are at least addressing her ongoing absences from work because any other company would have given both her and Sludge a vote of no-confidence a long time ago.  Given that she has had more documented screen time than any character last year, it's interesting that she spent more time "reuniting the Spencer family" than helping her sperm donor run the company.

Speaking of Sludge, it's still a little jarring to see him act as if his life with Taylor never existed and that his non-existent family unit with Slouchy and Brooke is the most pressing thing in his pathetic life.  I'm sure he was thinking about them while hiding out in Paris for nearly 2 years and when he took up with Katie and then Caroline 2.0 (another wife he pretends never existed).

• Love 10

I truly cannot stand this story line with Brooke and Ridge. She acts like a giggly school girl with her first boyfriend when actually she’s been around the track about 40 times. He acts like she’s his first girlfriend when actually he’s been around the track about 40 times.  How is this supposed to be in the least interesting or believable? Makes me want to vomit to see these two together. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

She acts like a giggly school girl with her first boyfriend when actually she’s been around the track about 40 times.

KKL reaaaallly is forcing it but then I think that may be the acting choice she's making that Brooke is determined to whistle past the graveyard so to speak with Ridge because she's smarting from Bill disappointing her and needs the ego boost of Ridge 'wooing' her.

She may not believe this marriage will actually happen but she also knows she isn't ready for a real relationship with Thorne who she knows sincerely cares for her and who she doesn't want to hurt. She and Ridge, however, have been round and round this rodeo and he can handle the bumps and bruises. If he marries her, great, she'll have a warm body to use to keep her warm at night. If he screws up again, well, what else is new with Ridge? She's survived him before and she can again. She may be taking for granted that Thorne will be there to pick up the pieces. Katie has found her sex groove and Thorne is living with her. Wyatt and Katie share the overlooked children bond, but Thorne is the ORIGINAL overlooked child and he's a man.  The only thing against him for Katie is his history with Brooke, but Thorne doesn't seem to be as rapt with Brooke as all the other men. I truly believe if he shook off his knee jerk Brooke lust, he'd be true blue to Katie if he fell in love with her.

• Love 7

Thorne won't be allowed to have a lasting loving relationship.  None of the characters are allowed that.

Steffy hasn't been to work?  None of these characters work.  Forrester Creations should have gone out of business years ago.  Not only, do they not work, at different times, several of these characters have actively tried to sabotage FC.

Ridge and Brooke are just pathetic.  Ridge chose Caroline, Taylor, Ashley, Katie, Caroline 2, Quinn, and Stephanie over Brooke again and again.  It's just a matter of time before Ridge finds the next woman he wants more than Brooke.  Brooke deserves whatever misery Ridge brings her.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

There were times, during the big Liam/$Bill confrontation scene, at the height of the drama, that DD looked like he was about to crack up!

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I truly cannot stand this story line with Brooke and Ridge. She acts like a giggly school girl with her first boyfriend when actually she’s been around the track about 40 times. He acts like she’s his first girlfriend when actually he’s been around the track about 40 times.  How is this supposed to be in the least interesting or believable? Makes me want to vomit to see these two together. 

I'm wondering if KKL and DD are that happy with this storyline.  Both actors seemed very supportive of Brooke/Bill and then it was over.  KKL knows how much (or how little) chemistry she and TK have.  TK doesn't seem to care but KKL is giving it her all.  Who wants to work THAT hard?  As for DD, he wanted to work with KKL for ages and their pairing was very popular.  Now $Bill is one of the most hated characters in daytime.  The first question that gets asked when a character finds out about Hauxdi and Bill is, did he take advantage of her?   Some characters like playing villains but DD doesn't look like he's having a good time.

SC's quiet regret was so moving.  When Liam said he would always remember the good times, even Hauxdi realized it was over.  SC has put together a string of performances that belong in the Daytime Hall of Fame.  Whatever he's making at B&B, he deserves much, much more.

I really like Sally but she was so far out of bounds with Hope, she was playing a whole other sport.  The look on Hope's face reflected what I was thinking; who does this chick think she is?  Sally claims to be the gatekeeper of Liam's emotional well-being but she has no problem spilling everything she knows to a woman she's known for 2 minutes.  She's only known Liam for a little more than 2 minutes herself.  And how would Liam feel if he knew that Sally was saying that she was claiming first place in the Liam Spencer Cleanup Woman sweepstakes. 

It broke my heart to see Ingo joining Rick in whining to Eric.  Both the character and the actor deserve better.

• Love 17

Of course Rick and Thorne are throwing stones like they are without sin. Don't they think it would be much better to pitch their case to Brooke and not Eric. They are acting like Brooke is a mindless idiot. Thorne, what part of Brooke is not interested in you don't you get.  I cannot stand pomposity and smugness which is the definition of Thorne and Rick. I would include Bill and Ridge, but just not today. If I was Eric, I would do the same and just leave the office. I would than go home, make two martinis, and have Quinn join me in a bubble bath.  

• Love 7

YMMV, but I've had the impression lately, from watching Bridge's scenes, that TK is more invested in the couple than he's been since he was hired 4+ years ago.  I'm not sure if IR's presence has made him up his game, but I tend to think so.  Heck, if I were TK, I'd be looking over my shoulder just a bit more than before with a name actor now on the show whose character is suddenly focused like a laser beam on Ridge's "Destiny".  So far, TK's been more convincing as a man desperately in love with Brooke, though I can't deny it's silly for them to keep getting engaged/unengaged every year, like clockwork.

Luckily for TK, I still think B&B is messing up IR's arrival big time, and Bridge/Ridge/TK are the beneficiaries.  They haven't explained why Thorne suddenly wants Brooke, and it's very jarring to hear Thorne say that he's the better man for her.  Okay, I can go with that, but when I hear from Brooke that she isn't interested in another guy, this kind of writing is more than patronizing.  In the current climate of feminism, it makes me want to slap Thorne--hard.  I'm not sure where this story is headed, but it makes me wonder if Thorne is going to be the villain in this story, doing something truly evil to prove how much better he is than Ridge.  I'm not sure I'm supposed to see Thorne as a villain, but that's my take on him right now, and I say this as someone who is not invested in Bridge as a couple. 

Then we have the added nonsense of Rick being trotted out to express his moral outrage that Ridge could cheat on his mom with Quinn, and the ridiculous statement of how Rick is always there to pick up the pieces when Brooke's heart is broken.  And yet, he only found out two months ago that Ridge and Quinn kissed a few times, so clearly he wasn't needed the last time that his mother's heart was broken by Ridge.  Stupid writing. 

• Love 10

Okay, writers. This isn’t 1967 or 1977 or 1987 or 1997. This is 2018. If Brooke doesn’t have a mind of her own, then let her sink in her own shit. Eric, Thorne and Rick—- this is not your business. If she’s stupid enough to believe Ridge once again, she’s buying in to her own stupidity. Women do not need their menfolk to save them from themselves anymore. And if Brooke does? Then too bad for her. I’m beyond sick of these misogynistic story lines where the womenfolks need to be rescued from the bad guys over and over and over and over. Geez Louise. 

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, SingerIslander said:

Then we have the added nonsense of Rick being trotted out to express his moral outrage that Ridge could cheat on his mom with Quinn, and the ridiculous statement of how Rick is always there to pick up the pieces when Brooke's heart is broken. 

How long does Rick intend to pull this outta his ass?

Let's put aside his own checkered history--because everyone is guilty of this--Brooke is a big girl. In the year since that went down, she has since gotten married and is currently separated from that husband with nary a solitary tear in her eye.

Plus, Kyle Lauder was waaaaaaaaaaay more entertaining with his hammy acting alongside Ronn Moss when he was spouting the same crap almost verbatim ten years ago. The only difference was Thorne joining in on calling Rick the most evilest evil to ever eviled alongside Felicia when he wasn't saying anything Thorne hadn't said a hundred times (in fact I do remember a scene of Thorne calling Eric out on Rick's manipulation after that fall where Rick faked his injuries).

So sad nothing stays consistent.

• Love 5

I detest Ridge, but the idea Brooke is Ridge's victim or needs rescuing is beyond stupid.  Brooke chased after Ridge for years.  Brooke didn't care if Ridge was engaged or married to someone else, or if she was married to someone else.  Ridge has turned Brooke down, and dumped her a million times only for Brooke to blame everyone but Ridge for Ridge leaving her.  Brooke even stripped down to her underwear, begged Ridge to have sex with her, and got turned down.  Why Bell wants to try and pretend these two idiots are some great love of all times, I don't know or care, but he needs to stop dragging other characters down with them.

Poor Ingo.  I don't know why they decided to recast Thorne and have him return only to have his SL be about lame Ridge and Brooke.  I wonder if Eric ever thinks to himself, "Why are my sons such idiots?"  Of course, the answer to that would be they take after Erweak who spent years in an on off relationship with Stephanie (who depending on the day of the week, Eric either loved or hated) whining about how unhappy he was.

• Love 9

Blecchhh .... Icky GarBridge today.  And we also don't need for Justin to restate the obvious to Bill for our benefit. We are smart enough (and Brad Bell predictable enough) to figure this out on our own. Thank you.

I was coming her to say the same thing about GarBridge.  For the past few days that they have been onscreen, TK definitely looks more invested in the role of being in love with Brooke and seriously trying to make amends to her. That's where my praise ends because instead of improving the nauseating situation, his OTT fawning and pandering are simply making things much worse. Right now, I think that KKL/TK/DD are all over-exaggerating their roles/reactions just because they are probably fed up with the sheer lunacy of their SLs. When Bill first started getting down and dirty with the Spectra building (before the arson) he was pretty fun and convincing as a villain and DD looked like he was having fun. Now, with this sudden wrench thrown at him of having to be in love with Steffy, he seems confused and off his game.

Anyway, GarBridge is ridiculous. Indeed Brooke is acting like a giggling schoolgirl. (I saw "Lady Bird" over the weekend and she is behaving the way the big-screen high school girl reacted after her first kiss.) I think that Brooke should have jumped up and down on the bed and squealed after Sludge put ring #789762 on her finger.* But she really seemed shocked and borderline disappointed when Carter called and reported that Bill had signed the annulment papers with no hesitation. Either she really wants to stay married to Bill and hopes that things will work out someday (which they never will, now) or wished that Bill had pursued her to try to keep the marriage together. I am not saying that Brooke should have stayed with Bill but she chose this greasy booby prize and I hope she stays stuck with him.

Yes. It is insulting and very 1950s and earlier for men to be sitting around and deciding on a woman's fate, but with Brooke behaving (as described above) I can understand why at least her son feels the need to protect her. I am no so sure about Thorne. He really is being presumptuous to boast that he is the "better man" for Brooke. I will agree that he is definitely better than Ridge (at least as things stand right now.) Brooke is acting like a giggly dumb blonde who is still prancing around in her lingerie trying to entice Ridge like she's done for the past 30 years. I am none too pleased with her right now. About the only thing she's gotten right is her new haircut.

Yeah. Watching Eric's "real sons" having a whine-fest about Sludge today was tiring. And dredging up Quidge was pointless. The only good thing mentioned was that Hauxdi has been AWOL from work indefinitely. (And she won't be back any time soon because I see that we're going to get treated to a different colored hoodie tomorrow and pools of black mascara whilst still moping at home. Yay!) Maybe if those two cry babies took some initiative and dug into the work that's obviously being neglected, they could convince "daddy" through their actions that they are more capable than the Hauxdi/Sludge team to run FC. Then there would be the battle for the CEO slot because I can't see Thrick co-existing in that role. Thorne could be cranking out the designs as well.  He'll need a new collection in hand when it's time for him to pout and jump ship to Spectra.

I also didn't understand Hauxdi whining about her "terrible childhood." Ridge was always there for her, along with Stephanie. During the times when Brooke was in the stepmother role, that seemed to work well until Taylor came back and brainwashed Steffy against all "evil Logans."

*I recall an episode several years ago when for a reason I've forgotten, Brooke needed to raise a huge amount of cash literally overnight. What I do remember is her mentioning that she could "sell her engagement rings." LOL! Damn! I wish I could remember. Was she possibly trying to buy FC for RM Ridge or something? Did one of the kids need something? Ugh. This is going to drive me CRAZY!! LOL!

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, grisgris said:

And she won't be back any time soon because I see that we're going to get treated to a different colored hoodie tomorrow and pools of black mascara whilst still moping at home. Yay!)

I read that as mopping and was like 'Surely, you jest! Steffy mopping? Is the show doing a product integration with P&G?!'

21 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I also didn't understand Hauxdi whining about her "terrible childhood." Ridge was always there for her, along with Stephanie. During the times when Brooke was in the stepmother role, that seemed to work well until Taylor came back and brainwashed Steffy against all "evil Logans."

Well, I mean she was kidnapped by a deranged ex-girlfriend of her dad's, forced to watch her mother chained up next to her, and experienced the same revolving door shit Ridge did with Brooke that Rick whines about Ridge doing to his mother. And once Taylor came back she and Phoebe were shipped away to boarding school. That's not very stable and a pretty shitty childhood. She's a rich heiress but was cheated of a lot of emotional stability with her parents. And as for her suddenly going full tilt anti-Logan, I can see Steffy having guilt for accepting Brooke as her mother figure and overcompensating for it once Taylor came back by denying any closeness she felt.  A good story for them would be addressing this with Steffy admitting it and them breaking through to a new closeness in the aftermath. Steffy needs a mother figure since Taylor is MIA and since they bypassed Steffy cuckoding Brooke by shoving her out of Bill's orbit, having it be Brooke would be interesting. 

• Love 4

Steffy, Phoebe and Thomas were all very close to their Aunt Bridget when they were younger so they could have spun it that any anger they had toward Brooke or Katie was because of what they did to Bridget, but what it really depends on is what the writers want to write that week.  If they had some stupid SL they wanted to do that involved Taylor and Brooke being BFFs, they would do it whether it made any sense or not.

Aside from not wanting to watch Thorne and Rick whine to Eric, I'm still amused that Eric has control of FC.  Along with all the ridiculous SLs involving FC's ownership, one of the most recent ones involved the Forresters completing losing FC.  Steffy got it back with Eric, Stephanie, Ridge and Taylor all owning 25%.  At some point, Taylor gave her 25% to Steffy.  Stephanie put everything she had in an irrevocable trust for Thomas on the condition he lie and help break up Ridge and Brooke, which Thomas did.  An irrevocable trust cannot be changed EVER.  However, when Stephanie died, not only did she leave everything, including FC, to Eric, not Thomas, which she could not have done because an irrevocable trust cannot be revoked, she also somehow managed to give Eric whatever percentage of FC Ridge, Taylor and Steffy owned.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or miss anything.  I think the ownership of FC went like this.  Eric/Stephanie owned the company.  When Brooke created Belief, she was married to Eric, and did not have a contract when she was working in the FC lab.  Brooke wasn't paid royalties when FC used Belief so Eric/Stephanie, with Stephanie protesting all the way, gave Brooke 51% of FC as payment.  Years later, supposedly in order to make Little E feel like he was part of the family, Brooke gave 2% to him, which Deacon ended up being in charge of since he was Little E's father.  Stephanie got the 2% back from Deacon, and Eric became CEO again.  A few years later Stephanie and Mass discovered that Stephanie has always been sole owner of FC, Eric had no claim, and Stephanie ended up with 100% of FC including Brooke's shares.  Then Stephanie/Jackie got in a fight, Jackie went splat, and Nick blackmailed the Forrester's into giving him FC.  The Forresters got FC back, but lost it to Bill because they missed a loan payment.  Then Steffy blackmailed Bill into selling it back to the REST trust which was actually Ridge, Eric, Stephanie and Taylor.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'd rather see Hope involved with Wyatt again...and add some interest to the Katie/Wyatt boinkfest.

I'd love for Katie to see how it feels for a niece to "steal" a man from her....somewhere in the distance Bridget does a fist-pump.

19 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

SC has continued to nail these scenes and as much as I hate this storyline (except for Steffy getting kicked to the curb), it really has allowed him to shine.

As much as JMW can annoy me, I have to say I think she is getting much better in this storyline.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I really like Sally but she was so far out of bounds with Hope, she was playing a whole other sport.  The look on Hope's face reflected what I was thinking; who does this chick think she is? 

This.

16 hours ago, MulletorHater said:
17 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Days?  How about months?!  I can't recall Hauxdi gracing Forrester Creations with her presence since she boned her FIL.  Granted, time moves a lot more slowly onscreen than it does in real life, but damn.

This is the problem when shows have holiday episodes.  At the rate the story is moving, it does seem like the Steffy/Bill thing recently happened, but it happened before the Thanksgiving episode, so yep, it's actually been months, not days.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

But how powerful would it had been if he had dropped that nugget on her saying "I did forgive you for this before. Don't your remember? Of course you don't, because you never admitted it or apologized for it so let me refresh your memory. Wyatt. You and Wyatt together in my bed.  I came home from Australia contrite and apologetic and ready to work through our issues and found you and Wyatt together asleep in OUR bed. I forgave you for that. Forgave you for marrying him in what? A month after I went missing? Like our history meant nothing to you. I should've taken the hint back then but I wanted to believe our issues were because of Quinn and Wyatt interfering but the issue has always been us. You and me. We've never worked. Not really."

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't Liam say that?

• Love 5

So, Show has done three things this week; two are unpardonable sins, and one has reignited the ever smoldering embers of Brill into a furious fire.

UNPARDONABLE SIN #1

For the first time, I actually saw some little spark of something between Brooke and Ridge. Their conversation yesterday, which was thankfully not preceded by sex, was far more mature, and was far more intimate and believable than what we have been getting. When Brooke said “You staked a claim on my heart a long time ago”, I thought that was totally and completely a real Brooke like statement. I am not sure what it is exactly, but I feel the dynamics shifting with these two. I agree with others that Thorsten seems much more invested in Brooke/Ridge. Could it be; now that he has had some time to work with KKL, that TK has changed his mind? I think he looks tons better too. TK is one of those men who just look better dressed down. I much prefer him like he was yesterday; short sleeved tee, loose pants and barefoot. It somehow takes the slouch out of him. And KKL is just looking amazing. That haircut and style has done wonders for her, and has easily taken ten years off of her, and I think she seems happy. I could absolutely be reading it wrong, but it seems these two are finding a way to make it work.

UNPARDONABLE SIN #2

Making me feel a single twinge of sadness for Steffy. I think Jacqueline has really stepped up her game; maybe that is due to SC’s amazing stuff this past week, and HT turning Katie into someone I don’t recognize, or DD acting confused and out of focus. Whatever it is, I am finding her far more convincing than before. I must have watched Liam pull out the annulment papers about five times, and Steffy say “No, no, NO!”, and slap the papers out of Liam’s hand. For me, that was the perfect reaction of a spoiled, entitled, rich girl, and JMW pulled it off perfectly. And the looks of confusion and disbelief she has been pulling off as Liam shreds her insides to bits? So, I did feel a little something when Liam started telling Steffy he didn’t want anything from her, they would leave the marriage with what they brought, and he didn’t care about anything financial. I thought JMW was really good here, and I believed her pain and heartbreak, but not because she betrayed her husband and felt guilty, but because Liam made her understand that it isn’t about forgiveness. He could wake up tomorrow with a whole new attitude and say “Yeah, people do fuck up and do whack things. I mean, look at me and Captive Cabin; after everything Quinn did to me, I can sit and chit chat with her now like we are long time friends. So, maybe I can forgive Steffy.” Yes, forgiveness is one thing, but loyalty, honesty, trust, moral character, and integrity are all another. And Liam has made Steffy understand that she does not possess any of them; Steffy knows Liam well enough to know that when he feels this way about you, then he is truly done with you.

I owe these slight changes entirely to the performers and their respective performances. Some of the dialog, well most of the dialog, with R/B was silly, but much to my surprise and dismay, I found them believable as a couple for the first time. And as annoyed as I was with Brooke acting like a school girl getting her first pin; is as much as I believe that reaction is totally Brooke. Brooke has always been a romantic, and loves to be treated like a princess, so whether she is running from Brill pain, or is just running, I think she was genuinely giddy to have Ridge put his ring on her finger. Steffy and Liam’s dialog was great, as it has been these past days, but JMW is mastering her reactions, which I owe entirely to her, as that cannot be scripted.

LIT THE BRILL EMBERS INTO A FURIOUS FIRE

Fuck you Bill. Just fuck you all the fucking way to fuck land! You couldn’t sign those friggin annulment papers quick enough you fucking fucktard! And did you actually say something stupid like “WE TRIED!” AHHHH!!! You putrid little pile of putridness. And here I thought they had decimated Bill by having him apply his Spencer Sword to the Marone Moppet’s Muffin, but DAYUM, the way he so casually wiped away five years of his life? The way he signed Brooke away, like she was some school boy crush? I swear, if Bill ever has the audacity to swagger back into Brooke’s orbit, Imma go out to Bell LA and kill him. That’s right. There is just no excuse for a Mother Fucker like that. Panting for his DIL. Just so gross!

Maya can STFU too. How dare you say something to Carter about “after all this time”. How long was it after you broke up with Rick that you decided to go back for a second chance at the brass ring? It was certainly long enough for him to marry Caroline. And yes, I know Caroline was kissing Ridge, and that deep down she wanted a relationship with him, but she had made the decision to recommit to Rick. And frankly my dear, it was none your fucking business, so you should have kept your big trap shut about shit and let the chips fall. There was little doubt it was just a matter of time before Caroline caved to her Ridge love, then you could have stepped in and helped Rick and started a nice, clean, upstanding relationship with him, instead of looking like a hungry homewrecker. And don’t even get me started on how you compounded that ish by parading your sorry ass around as Rick’s mistress, and your disrespectful treatment of everyone in his family, particularly Ally. This viewer will not have one iota of compassion for you if Carter fucks your shit up. But from those cow eyes, and the way you kept kinda reminding him how great he was, who knows, maybe you see Carter as the one with the brass ring now? Bitch.

They certainly ended the Hope/Sally chem test abruptly. I took it as a feel out session, with both ladies trying to farm out exactly what the other was about. What I got was Hope being taken off guard by Sally’s directness, but that is who Sally is. My prayer is that Hope will take that as a good thing. After years of dealing with Steffy and her lies and machinations, it will be something new and novel for Hope to meet someone who is up front. I am not getting the feeling Hope came home to reunite with Liam. I just don’t feel it, but that could be the new actress. Please let her be there for Liam as a friend, and be on board for a Sally/Liam romance, and let them be friends and business partners. That would be something so new and refreshing, and could pull deep into Show’s history, and would involve all the various family’s in some respect or the other. Eh, probably too much to hope for, and we will get some friggin cat fight over Liam between Steffy, Hope, and Sally.

Seriously Show? What the actual fuck was that shit with Thorne, Rick and Eric? No wonder Brooke can’t settle down; there are way too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

And seriously Ridge? You had annulments papers drawn up for Brill? And had them delivered to Bill, all without Brooke’s consent or knowledge? I……um……..whatthefuckeva!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 17

Yesterday's show was such a letdown after the past several days.

We have Brooke prancing around in her skivvies like it's 1988 all over again.

16.01.2018+%25280%2529.png

Which is not to say that Brooke or any woman of a certain age should be put out to pasture and certainly not a fetching creature like KKL, but come the fuck on, already!

Ridge seems really into it (for now) and I agree that it seems TK has finally woken up to the fact that KKL is THE star of this show and is doing his best to sell the bridge he can normally be found trolling under.

16.01.2018+%25283%2529.png

He gives her this long song and dance about how she's "humbled" him and...that'll be the day.

16.01.2018+%25289%2529.png

Ridge proposes. Again.

16.01.2018+%252821%2529.png

Like the fool she is,  she says yes, again.

16.01.2018+%252823%2529.png

I'm just so over the GarBridge. They are too old for this shit - Brooke, the giggling schoolgirlmatron, and Ridge, the geriatric playboy. 

And WTAF to Ridge taking it upon himself to send Carter over to SP to have Bill sign the annulment papers Ridge had drawn up. Brooke is a grown up last time I checked, although she's certainly not acting like one right now. She never seems to when she's in Ridge's orbit. 

But I found it very interesting how Brooke seemed so confused - and hurt - when  Carter calls to let Ridge know Bill insta-signed the papers telling Ridge: "I'm so shocked...I didn't expect this. You know how stubborn Bill can be."

My ears also perked up at this line of dialogue from Brooke to Ridge, who acknowledges the sadness she must feel and that no one goes into a marriage, thinking it will fail: "I didn't think it would fail. I thought we'd be together forever. We've been through so much...and survived so much. Anything else was unthinkable."

While I am not so foolish as to think Brill can ever reconcile at this point, watching Brooke's face as she talked about Bill, right in front of Ridge, proves once more how much she loved him and still does. He was and is the true love of her life but circumstances, namely Bill's dirty little deeds of arson and demolition and the truth of his fucking his son's wife yet to come, drove Brooke away and I can't blame her. She couldn't be expected to hold up vows all by herself. 

Ridge is the rebound. The default. The backup choice and my how those tables have turned. He knows it. She knows it and all the lingerie and breakfast in bed and gorgeous emerald cut diamonds can't change what is. So they play the only card they have left - each other - and will pretend they are oh-so-happy when we know nothing could be further from the truth.

Over at SP, Justin is telling Bill: "I can't help but wonder if things would have been different if you and Brooke hadn't fallen apart?"

Bill doesn't answer that and it's very telling, his silence.

I think if Brooke had stayed with him, it would be Steffy, who?

Bill even says as much, remarking that: "If Brooke hadn't walked out on me, a lot of lives would be very different."

Bill.jpg.08431349055cb0b8af1076b6a8c3809e.jpg

Um, none of this is Brooke's fault, okay, Bill? But Bill proves, over and over again, that he is his own worst enemy. He self-sabotages as if he just can't handle having happiness and stability in his life. Maybe because his father told him countless times that he wasn't deserving of happiness. 

So when Brooke left him, after he had already committed the arson, the demolition, and the demo after the false reconciliation with Liam, I think he believed that there was no going back so he might as well truly hit rock bottom and reward his cheerleader (Hauxdi) for all of her consoling and rah rah rah, the only one still in his corner at that point...and ensured he put the final nail in the Brill coffin. 

You can see the sadness and the pain of losing Brooke on his face, despite the mask of don't-give-a-fuck-I'm-glad-she's-gone false bravado. 

Steffy was a temporary salve to his wounds. Nothing more. Brooke is the only one who can truly help him heal but there's slim chance of that now and it's truly sad to see.

Equally sad, but for different reasons is the Carter fishing with Maya conversation (dude, give it UP already!) and Rick and Thorne whining like toddlers in the CEO office to Daddy Eric.

Thorne-Rick-Eric-meeting-BB-HW.jpg

While I don't disagree with Rick's walk down memory lane where he, a child, and later, a young man, was put in the position of picking up the pieces when Ridge broke Brooke's heart time and time again, what's lost on him is that not all of the blame can be put at Ridge's feet. Brooke took him back. Brooke let Ridge back in her life and her children's lives, not caring that they would be collateral damage when things invariably went south yet again. I love Brooke and I don't believe she has a malicious bone in her body, but she is just so damn dumb sometimes, especially when it comes to men. I'm not saying I expected her to be a nun for the rest of her life, but good lord, when does it end? And why couldn't she put her children first, instead of some man (usually Ridge) or really, herself? 

Because as she said mere weeks ago, she doesn't like being alone. Well, she wasn't and isn't. She had and has her children, but clearly, they weren't enough. Sad...

As for Thorne, this seems far less about really having feelings for Brooke, but about besting Ridge. It's so unnecessary. Brooke and Thorne have history, decades of it, even long before they were married, but as very good friends and one-time partners in crime scheming to keep Caroline and Ridge apart. I will always wonder what would have happened if they would have chucked those schemes and realized what was right in front of them all those years ago. As much as I welcomed IR coming onto the show, his Thorne is bugging the hell out of me right now. A much better bet is to test the waters a little more with his roomie, Katie.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

Geez, Carter, let it go. I bet he sits at home alone at night listening to Mary J. Blige songs.

Throne is killing me being such a wide-eyed gossip and sh!t-stirrer. Sure, he's just looking out for Eric and baby bro Rick. But at least he admitted his end game: that he's after Brooke, the fair damsel in the clutches of the dastardly Ridge.

TK's hair, ?. Did he fall into the La Brea Tar Pits? I wonder if the arrival of IR (who wears the hell out of a suit) put the fear of the soap gods into him. He seems to be trying to clean up his act.

• Love 4

Thoughts from my binge catch-up from last week:

I'm still not getting why Katie is Steffy's shoulder to cry on and she hasn't made one move to check on her former step-son that she loved and supported.

Loved the music underscoring Liam's realization that Bill was trying to put healing the family on him. There was a beat of silence and the music timed to Liam blinking and jumping back in Bill's face.  You can tell everrrryone was bringing their A game these past few weeks.

Interestingly, Wyatt confirmed Liam is the older brother in his fight with Bill (How could you take your oldest son's wife to bed?!). I think the writers wanted to make sure we all knew the birth order finally.

Bill got skerred when Wyatt said he was walking in solidarity with Liam. Although I'm not sure why because Bill's been just fine without his adult sons. I could've bought Liam's love and acceptance being of value to Bill if he hadn't admitted to Justin that it'd be worth losing Liam if he could get Steffy. Wyatt's he's always taken for granted so...yeah..not buying that Wyatt himself is of value. It just seems like Bill doesn't want to lose.

You JUST admitted that you're in love with Steffy, Bill. WTH would Wyatt believe you when you say your priority is fighting for Liam and Steffy's marriage? In.sane.

Notice the new big ass picture of Will on Bill's credenza? One son falls, another rises to prominence.

Da fuck is Wyatt visiting Steffy?! And HOW are you going have him gloss over her leaving him for Liam and ask why? Dude, you know why and how Steffy can do shit. I mean I guess he was thinking you said he was the ONE and then you go and cheat on him with our father? So not only was I a chump for you but Liam too? Damn!

Don Diamont is trying his damndest with what he's given but the writers have no clue what they're doing with him in the overarching picture and it shows. On one hand I'm sure he's ecstatic to be playing such rich scenes with SC and JMcW, but on the other they are doing some serious damage to this character.

'I don't know? I don't know why this happened?!' When Steffy is finally honest about why this happened and her feelings for Bill, she's gonna be able to let Liam go- and stop apologizing to him. She'll take the argument that what happened was supposed to happen.

No one is saying to Steffy,  'You slept with another man a day after your husband nearly died. Do you not get how shitty that is?' or 'You cannot use that baby as a weapon or lure to heal your marriage.  And unless you're hungry stop rubbing your damn stomach.

Liam apologizing to Steffy for disappearing and not sticking around to talk after his initial meltdown? His momma raised him right. Steffy telling Liam to stop mentioning how all the ways she screwed up when it's been less than 48 hours for him to process her crap is just bonkers. You're not trying to solve anything, you're trying to bully your husband into doing what you want without you facing long lasting consequences.

Hooooo as soon as Sally said Liam left Steffy, girlfriend went from politely entertaining Sally to 'Jigga what?'

Damn, Liam twiiiisted that knife in Steffy when he mentioned his mother. He wasn't losing his shit in an explosive manner but had cooled to a sad bitter resigned rage.  Man, the way he looked at her when she made her plea was just disgust and disbelief she was even trying. And Steffy, do you really want a man who is disgusted by you just sticking around for the child? You're shortchanging everyone in that situation.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Artsda said:

Today seeing yet another ring for Brooke while she's still married to another man made me wonder how many engagement rings she has in a box somewhere. 

For awhile there wasn't Ridge giving her the same giant yellow stone over and over again every time they got engaged or married?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

For awhile there wasn't Ridge giving her the same giant yellow stone over and over again every time they got engaged or married?

Yes - Satanie's ring...because nothing says "true wuv" like proposing to your lady love with the ring worn by the woman who orchestrated said lady love's rape.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm wondering if KKL and DD are that happy with this storyline.  Both actors seemed very supportive of Brooke/Bill and then it was over.  KKL knows how much (or how little) chemistry she and TK have.  TK doesn't seem to care but KKL is giving it her all.  Who wants to work THAT hard?  As for DD, he wanted to work with KKL for ages and their pairing was very popular.  Now $Bill is one of the most hated characters in daytime.  The first question that gets asked when a character finds out about Hauxdi and Bill is, did he take advantage of her?   Some characters like playing villains but DD doesn't look like he's having a good time.

SC's quiet regret was so moving.  When Liam said he would always remember the good times, even Hauxdi realized it was over.  SC has put together a string of performances that belong in the Daytime Hall of Fame.  Whatever he's making at B&B, he deserves much, much more.

I really like Sally but she was so far out of bounds with Hope, she was playing a whole other sport.  The look on Hope's face reflected what I was thinking; who does this chick think she is?  Sally claims to be the gatekeeper of Liam's emotional well-being but she has no problem spilling everything she knows to a woman she's known for 2 minutes.  She's only known Liam for a little more than 2 minutes herself.  And how would Liam feel if he knew that Sally was saying that she was claiming first place in the Liam Spencer Cleanup Woman sweepstakes. 

It broke my heart to see Ingo joining Rick in whining to Eric.  Both the character and the actor deserve better.

If social media, including DD's Twitter feed is any indication, Bill went from being a mustache twirler with some hope of redemption to the biggest piece of shit that ever shitted on anyone.  But, you have to love that Stuffy! That chick is like an elephant, who flings and kicks up feces in several directions and ends up soiling everything she touches.  You also have to love the willingness of folks onscreen to believe that Bill might have drugged or otherwise taken advantage of "poor Stuffy." And, that doesn't say much about Bill as a character that folks would automatically leap to that conclusion.  I wonder if DD finally understands what happened here.  One minute, he's enthusiastically selling Brill; a month or two later, he's trying to sell Swill and make it a thing that fans should get behind simply because he's a part of it.  Sadly, it doesn't quite work that way, Don.  Dude, did you notice that your character, Bill, is being thrown under the bus for a vile, stank, amoral sociopath who is getting the "big cleanse" right before our very eyes?   And, I'm not talking about an enema or super smoothies.  Thanks to the magic of Brad Bell and his team of hacks, by the time this is over and done with, none of this will be Stuffy's fault.   Instead, it's Brooke, Liam and Bill's fault that "poor Stuffy" gave into temptation.  Never mind that this trick was stroking Bill's thigh and supporting him FOR WEEKS and helped Bill to drive that shiv into Liam's back many times over.  And, no, Bill, you don't get to commit crimes and then blame someone for not wanting to stick around, and blame that same person for the fact that you chose (the operative word) to fuck over your son in every way imaginable--just as you promised.  You don't get to eat steak (Brooke) one day and then blame her because you are now dining on dog food (Stuffy).  At the end of the day, even if you added water to those Kibble 'N Bits and stirred them to get some kind of "gravy," you still have a mess that is unfit for human consumption.  That mess' name is Stephanie Forrester II.  And, I'll say it again.  It's as if Australia never happened, but thank goodness I've got the "receipts" to prove that I'm not crazy.  And, I'm constantly reminded that all of this foolery began with a Lego set in Bill's office--something that he has yet to acknowledge.

As beautiful and as glorious as KKL looks onscreen, I can't get behind GarBridge's 666th whatever it is they call it.  It sure as hell isn't a relationship of equals and never has been.  I said weeks ago that if a 50-something Brooke didn't want to be alone, there are several options available to her rather than rolling around with some Steve Bannon-lite fucker, who decided to take a bath and run his stank ass through a car wash.  It doesn't matter how much Ridge cleans up, dyes his hair or how enthusiastic TK is about the pairing now.  GarBridge sucks as a pairing and started to do so in the last 10 years that Ridge was inhabited by Ronnnn Mosssss.  The only difference now is that the one woman that Ridge repeatedly chose over Brooke--Stephanie--is dead.  Ridge is simply too vile for words, and he could look like Denzel, Paul Newman or the finest man on the planet.  It won't matter because of who and what he is.

The writers have signaled with the insta-mix dual annulments that they are going full speed ahead not only with Swill, but in ensuring that Liam is freed up so that Sally and Hope can fight over his carcass like vultures picking over carrion.  It's like having a bad case of whiplash.  

And, how's this for irony.  I understand that there are a couple of online petitions being circulated by Stuffy acolytes asking that CBS and B&B, in particular, stopping making women sleep with men from the same family.  These folks believe that Stuffy was "ruined" by "forcing" her to sleep with three men from the same family in a year.  Oh, and according to them, she is  the last powerful female character and should be treated with nothing but respect.  My retort, because I'm that bitch today, highlighted my confusion with this line of reasoning.  Stuffy was vile and trifling before she became the door knob of the Spencer men, and the selective amnesia is hilarious.  What is left unsaid is that her dear, sainted mother bedded or had relationships with 3 generations of men in Brooke's family, and bedded several men in Ridge's family--with the exception of Massimo.  I'm also confused by the contention that Stuffy is a "powerful" female.  First of all, everything she has is a result of her open-leg policy and the name on her birth certificate.  Her grandmother was a powerful female and greatly feared; Stuffy is just a pretender to the throne and someone should have whooped her ass a long time ago.  She is also a basic guttersnipe who is not deserving of any respect whatsoever.  Now, someone wake me if that trick gets a tenth of the karma that she so richly deserves.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

If social media, including DD's Twitter feed is any indication, Bill went from being a mustache twirler with some hope of redemption to the biggest piece of shit that ever shitted on anyone.  But, you have to love that Stuffy! That chick is like an elephant, who flings and kicks up feces in several directions and ends up soiling everything she touches.  You also have to love the willingness of folks onscreen to believe that Bill might have drugged or otherwise taken advantage of "poor Stuffy." And, that doesn't say much about Bill as a character that folks would automatically leap to that conclusion.  I wonder if DD finally understands what happened here.  One minute, he's enthusiastically selling Brill; a month or two later, he's trying to sell Swill and make it a thing that fans should get behind simply because he's a part of it.  Sadly, it doesn't quite work that way, Don.  Dude, did you notice that your character, Bill, is being thrown under the bus for a vile, stank, amoral sociopath who is getting the "big cleanse" right before our very eyes?   And, I'm not talking about an enema or super smoothies.  Thanks to the magic of Brad Bell and his team of hacks, by the time this is over and done with, none of this will be Stuffy's fault.   Instead, it's Brooke, Liam and Bill's fault that "poor Stuffy" gave into temptation.  Never mind that this trick was stroking Bill's thigh and supporting him FOR WEEKS and helped Bill to drive that shiv into Liam's back many times over.  And, no, Bill, you don't get to commit crimes and then blame someone for not wanting to stick around, and blame that same person for the fact that you chose (the operative word) to fuck over your son in every way imaginable--just as you promised.  You don't get to eat steak (Brooke) one day and then blame her because you are now dining on dog food (Stuffy).  At the end of the day, even if you added water to those Kibble 'N Bits and stirred them to get some kind of "gravy," you still have a mess that is unfit for human consumption.  That mess' name is Stephanie Forrester II.  And, I'll say it again.  It's as if Australia never happened, but thank goodness I've got the "receipts" to prove that I'm not crazy.  And, I'm constantly reminded that all of this foolery began with a Lego set in Bill's office--something that he has yet to acknowledge.

As beautiful and as glorious as KKL looks onscreen, I can't get behind GarBridge's 666th whatever it is they call it.  It sure as hell isn't a relationship of equals and never has been.  I said weeks ago that if a 50-something Brooke didn't want to be alone, there are several options available to her rather than rolling around with some Steve Bannon-lite fucker, who decided to take a bath and run his stank ass through a car wash.  It doesn't matter how much Ridge cleans up, dyes his hair or how enthusiastic TK is about the pairing now.  GarBridge sucks as a pairing and started to do so in the last 10 years that Ridge was inhabited by Ronnnn Mosssss.  The only difference now is that the one woman that Ridge repeatedly chose over Brooke--Stephanie--is dead.  Ridge is simply too vile for words, and he could look like Denzel, Paul Newman or the finest man on the planet.  It won't matter because of who and what he is.

The writers have signaled with the insta-mix dual annulments that they are going full speed ahead not only with Swill, but in ensuring that Liam is freed up so that Sally and Hope can fight over his carcass like vultures picking over carrion.  It's like having a bad case of whiplash.  

And, how's this for irony.  I understand that there are a couple of online petitions being circulated by Stuffy acolytes asking that CBS and B&B, in particular, stopping making women sleep with men from the same family.  These folks believe that Stuffy was "ruined" by "forcing" her to sleep with three men from the same family in a year.  Oh, and according to them, she is  the last powerful female character and should be treated with nothing but respect.  My retort, because I'm that bitch today, highlighted my confusion with this line of reasoning.  Stuffy was vile and trifling before she became the door knob of the Spencer men, and the selective amnesia is hilarious.  What is left unsaid is that her dear, sainted mother bedded or had relationships with 3 generations of men in Brooke's family, and bedded several men in Ridge's family--with the exception of Massimo.  I'm also confused by the contention that Stuffy is a "powerful" female.  First of all, everything she has is a result of her open-leg policy and the name on her birth certificate.  Her grandmother was a powerful female and greatly feared; Stuffy is just a pretender to the throne and someone should have whooped her ass a long time ago.  She is also a basic guttersnipe who is not deserving of any respect whatsoever.  Now, someone wake me if that trick gets a tenth of the karma that she so richly deserves.

Quoted in its entirety because I think smoke starting coming out of my tablet while I was reading this. Now that there is a rant.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

If this comment was a man, I'd take it away for a naughty weekend.

I don't know how large the Steffy fanbase is but they are definitely vocal.  SC has already posted an 'explanation' for why Liam left Steffy and I can imagine DD must be feeling the heat too.  It's amazing that $Bell had to throw not one but TWO characters under the bus in an attempt to salvage Hauxdilox, the poor innocent mother-to-be, who just HAPPENED to fuck her father-in-law in the same year that she's fucked both of his sons.  I don't think the so-called 'slut from the Valley' ever completed a hat-trick like that. 

Steffy is a 'powerful woman' in the same way that Kim Kardashian is a savvy business woman.  I guess that's what we've come to, where a woman spreads her legs to get what she wants is admired, as long as she's rich.

I also get the feeling that Sally is going to be added to the Hauxdilox Redemption Bonfire.  We don't see her for ages and the next time we see her she's following Liam to his hotel and not only telling a woman she just met what she can and can't do with regards to Liam but also telling her that she's first in line if Liam wants a side-chick.  That's not the Sally I remember.  I know she cares about Liam and is very concerned about him, but that wasn't Sally.

I felt a bit queasy watching Brooke and Ridge yesterday.  Brooke had a major breakthrough in Australia and chose a man who really loved her.  To see her in bed with Ridge (while everyone else was dressed and at work) was so disheartening.  I don't care if TK has decided he better get off the pot and do some ACTING, he and KKL don't work for me.  I agree with @CountryGirl; Brooke WAS hurt when she heard that $Bill signed the papers so quickly.  Ridge is her rebound and it's upsetting to see her settle for that loser when she had a man who was devoted to her.  And it's sad that $Bill has lost the one woman who made him a better man. 

If the writers had a fraction of the talent we have here on the board, this show would be something.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

As for Thorne, this seems far less about really having feelings for Brooke, but about besting Ridge. It's so unnecessary. Brooke and Thorne have history, decades of it, even long before they were married, but as very good friends and one-time partners in crime scheming to keep Caroline and Ridge apart. I will always wonder what would have happened if they would have chucked those schemes and realized what was right in front of them all those years ago. A

You know, that truly was a lost opportunity. KKL had nice chemistry with Clayton Norcross and I found myself upset in retrospect that they waited 12 years to go there, not the least of those being Norcross looked damn fine in a Speedo ?

But this Thorne pulling the same shit Rick did in the 2000s with Steffy and the entitlement attitude TIIC gave Nick is just not a good look, and contradicts decades of history of Thorne being the (mostly) more moral one of the Forrester brothers. 

• Love 2

Steffy should be trying to appeal to Liam with the whole 'I know what it's like having an unstable family. I wouldn't want this for my baby either!'

Justin are you for real? YOU want to talk to Liam on behalf of Bill? I mean what audacity and stupidity and gall! I do like your tie in Monday's episode but not Tuesday's. At least Justin called Bill out on his 'commitment to reunite Steam' bullshit.

Ya'll are right, JMcW stepped up her game Monday and Tuesday with SC.  The writing could be better, but she's actually taking her moments where she can and making something out of them. Poor thing. She got only two episodes to tell Liam he sucked and disappear on him but Liam chewed her out 3 episodes with him disappearing on her for 4 episodes and another 3 episodes of chewing out. Now she knows how it feels.

Unfortunately, I can see Bill rationalizing moving on to be with Steffy that he's doing now what he should've done with his own kids - manning up. Unlike Liam he's stepping up for Steffy and 'her' child since he won't man up and go back to his wife and try to make things work.

Oh, Liam, you didn't need to make a show of taking off your damn ring. You should've have that bad boy already in the envelope for Steffy. But damn he was gracious in everything he said to Steffy about her being a wonderful mother and this child being blessed to have her as a mother. 'Parenting, we'll make parenting work.' THANK.YOU. Liam.

And what started with a bang ended in Steffy's whimpering. That break up was very final.

I'm kind of over Sally. She's way overstepping. Hope actually was smart to hold back and keep her cards close to her vest.

4 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I wonder if DD finally understands what happened here. 

Ha! This ain't DD's first Bell family soap opera rodeo! He has the battle scars from Y&R to prove it. The only thing that may get Bill back to good is a Edward Quartermaine like heart attack or Adam Chandler level stroke or Victor Newman brain injury. Would they do that to DD?

I hate Rick a healthy amount but it's kind of fun for him to have a brother he likes and can sibling around with against Ridge. Like when he and Bridget could roll their eyes about Brooke to Eric and get the double smack from him about respecting their mother.

I love Ridge at the height of victory in 'winning' Brooke from Bill about to fall so damn hard when he finds out it's because Bill is back on obsessed with his daughter.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

You know, that truly was a lost opportunity. KKL had nice chemistry with Clayton Norcross and I found myself upset in retrospect that they waited 12 years to go there, not the least of those being Norcross looked damn fine in a Speedo ?

12 years and two Thornes!  Clayton Norcross was certainly easy on the eyes but he made Ronn Moss look like Laurence Olivier when it came to acting.  CN played Thorne from 87-89, Jeff Trachta from 89-96, Winsor Harmon from 96 to very recently.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, Anna Yolei said:

You'd think either of them would say fuck it and go to City Hall at this point, but no

That's the last and final wedding I want for Liam no matter who it is. City Hall spur of the moment elopement.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:17 AM, ByTor said:

This would actually be a great way to establish why a second paternity test would be needed; that is, again, if they bother with incorporating some legal facts.

I want Liam to have his baby, but I won't lie - that'd be a kick in the gut for Liam and SC would play the hell out of not just losing his marriage and faith in his wife and father but also a second child.  If the kid is Bill's, I want to see DarthPowerCoupleStill with their little SatanSpawn for a bit.

In any case you know Liam and Hope are gonna deliver that kid in July in a freak snowstorm up at Big Bear like Bridget had to do with Hope.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Ridge is simply too vile for words, and he could look like Denzel, Paul Newman or the finest man on the planet.  It won't matter because of who and what he is.

This is just wrong.  Paul Newman's name should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence as Ridge.  Paul Newman was a gorgeous man both inside and out.

17 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

In any case you know Liam and Hope are gonna deliver that kid in July in a freak snowstorm up at Big Bear like Bridget had to do with Hope.

No matter how they write this, it still won't compare to what Bridget went through.  Bridget was a nice person.  Liam and Hope are just two more lying cheaters on this show who had karma bite them in the ass a little.

• Love 2

Fucking Steffy has really brought the 'asshole' out of $Bill.  Did he really stand there and say to his side-piece that Brooke wasn't loyal enough?  Because she wouldn't look the other way for a felony?  A felony that could have killed people?  Show is reminding me why I loathed Bill Spencer for all those years.  Being with Brooke really made him a better man but he's back to Original Recipe.

I don't understand why Hauxdi and $Bill don't realize that they were meant for each other.  Neither one of them can understand why their partners won't overlook their horrible behaviour.  $Bill can't understand why Brooke isn't okay with arson and Hauxdi can't understand why Liam can't get over her fucking his father.  Why doesn't Show just end it all and make the baby $Bill's.

As good as KKL is, she had a hard time convincing me that Brooke REALLY wanted Steffy as her matron-of-honour.  Hey Brooke, your daughter just came home!  You remember Hope, the one that Hauxdilox devoted YEARS to making miserable.   Brooke can giggle and coo all she wants, but if she wants Hauxdilox (Taylor's daughter) as her matron-of-honour, then our girl probably isn't as over-the-moon about marrying Ridge as she claims.

• Love 11

WTF did they do to Ivy?  I sure hope that they are kidding or she went blonde for another roll.  Next are they going to screw with Quinn in trying to make Stuffy look better?  Stuffy could only look better if they would recast Ivy and Quinn with Tootsie and Mrs Doubtfire.  

Can Bill just STFU. The more he flaps his gums the more he sounds like a horse ass. Like Rick and Thorne talking to Eric when they should have been talking to Brooke, Bill is talking to Stuffy when he should be talking to Liam. 

• Love 7

They should have just had Steffy have sex with some random guy.  Then Bridget returns to town to comfort Steffy.  Bridget hooks up with Bill, and Hope hooks up with Wyatt.  That would be a little bit of karma for Brooke and Katie.

• Love 1

WTF, Bill? Why do you keep going over there uninvited and unannounced? People might think you're trying to worm your way back in with Steffy now that your son has dumped her cheating ass. Oh, wait...

Nope, I don't like Ivy as a blonde at all. I thought she was so gorgeous with her dark-haired, Liz Taylor look.

"You care too much." Understatement of the year, Steffy. Sigh, if only $Bill had given you a Hallmark card instead of his peen.

Bill: More annulment papers? Is there a sale on them or something? You get an annulment! You get an annulment! You get an annulment!

• Love 23

I don’t buy any of this crap. I know I’ve probably asked this question before but because I’ve never seen TK in any other role, did he always whisper? Why does he always sound so hoarse? Speak Up, Man! Talk like a human being, you know, like everyone else on TV? Just one more thing to make me nuts about this show. Of course, I hate Ridge in every way so maybe this is just the last irritant with him. And Brooke? Well, never mind. It’s too late for you.

• Love 10