Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Annika deserves the Best Actress Emmy (and then some) but Scott absolutely earned his yesterday. I must have watched that last scene a good ten times. It was that amazing.

This is up there with the all-time great emotional soap moments. Of any show. Ever. 

Honestly, I'm really glad Liam got his scene with Beth without Hope. All that pain he had to bottle up for months on end, to try and help Hope - he deserved every second. 

I'm such a pushover for daddy/daughter moments anyway but this was the best

• Love 21

Ive been on haitus since March or so, my BF still records and watches almost daily. Every time id take a peek there would be some new interns or something standing in a trust circle arguing about NOT telling this "big" secret. So id leave the room and wait a couple of weeks to test the waters.

So finally there is some huge payoff, and all i could think was... What is Liam gonna hit his head on this time so he forgets all of this? 

Or Thomas will succeed in drugging and raping Hope, so she finally fully breaks from reality and is catatonic when the reveal finally gets around to her.

All of these talkative nitwits who know the truth but kept it ro themselves are complicit in whatever happens next. ( Flo has known Phoebeths parentage since just a couple of weeks after Beth was born right?)  There is no way Xander isnt dead.  

sorry about the rambling...

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Honestly, I'm really glad Liam got his scene with Beth without Hope. All that pain he had to bottle up for months on end, to try and help Hope - he deserved every second. 

I'm such a pushover for daddy/daughter moments anyway but this was the best

I totally agree with you. On both points. Liam deserved to have his full due and while Douglas is the MVP of all time in terms of the truth finally being revealed, Liam trusted his heart and his instincts and opened himself to the possibility of all possibilities and pursued the craziest of thoughts doggedly. 

I have to think Scott having a young son played into his scenes with both Douglas and Beth and how he would feel as a father, in those moments.

• Love 11

I won't be able to watch until tonight but OMG, my blood is boiling.

EA5xdGlW4AEADwe.jpg

EA5yl3LWkAAJGX0.jpg

EA5yoWnXoAAjsPg.jpg

Both of these creeps deserve to die in a fire and then burn some more...in HELL!

Not only does this confirm what I've always known - that Thomas raped Caroline - but I really have to suspect he killed her as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

So many thoughts, I'll try to be brief, but you all are my outlet on this 1/48th of my day!

Thomas is so done. I can totally imagine that he's going to rape Hope via Vinny's best, which we'll see on-screen, no "misunderstanding night". There's not an easy way to bring him back from all of that, in addition to keeping the secret, threatening his son, & all of his other misdeeds. Kudos to the actor, though, I sneer every time I see his face, which is a compliment to him.

Why do all of these really sexual men fall for Hope? Wyatt was naked when she first saw him, & he & Sally spent months without a scene where they were dressed. Thomas is hyper-sexual, & has been around & he's practically foaming at the mouth to get her in bed. Hope isn't sexual in any way, which isn't an insult at all, but she could probably go the rest of her life without sex & be fine. Or, until she hits her late 30s, which is how both of my 2 kids came to be. 😉 It's just odd that they keep putting her with overtly sexual characters, when she very much isn't like that.

As good as SC has been the last 2 days, the look on Wyatt's/DB's face at the end of the show today gave me hope that he's going to get some great material to sink his teeth into. I still hope that Sally spits in his face when he grovels, after Flo's misdeeds are exposed, though. She needs a ride-or-die; I'm still holding out for a Justin/Sally hookup. I even put that in that survey, but they probably didn't read very far, I wasn't kind on any answer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

OMG!  Flo hit over 1000 on my hate meter today. She still can't just tell the fucking truth.  She has to whine about how she wanted to for so long, but other people stopped her.  LIAR.

How many scenes are there going to be of Hope not wanting to have sex with Thomas, and creepy Thomas pressuring her?  This is sick.

I loved Douglas with Steffy and Liam.  Steffy is starting to realize that Liam might be right, but I'm glad she didn't just immediately jump to of course Pheobe must be Beth because that would not be realistic.  Douglas wanting to make sure he was staying with Steffy and not going back to Daddy was so sad.

I hope Liam and Wyatt read Flo the riot act, but then I also want them to remember the lies and secrets they have told (Caroline II, Bill/Steffy).  When all of this eventually comes out, I wonder if any of these people will stop and think the next time they believe a lie is the right way to go so long as it benefits them, and gets them what they want?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

As good as SC has been the last 2 days, the look on Wyatt's/DB's face at the end of the show today gave me hope that he's going to get some great material to sink his teeth into. I still hope that Sally spits in his face when he grovels, after Flo's misdeeds are exposed, though. She needs a ride-or-die; I'm still holding out for a Justin/Sally hookup. I even put that in that survey, but they probably didn't read very far, I wasn't kind on any answer.

😂 Agree with the hope that Sally rejects Wyatt but the way these stupid writers have re-written her from the spunky, fiery redhead who sparred with original recipe Thomas to the needy woman pining for Wyatt and taking all the blame for the breakup (which was really just Wyatt finding any excuse to get with Flo), I’m sure they’ll have her taking him back in a nanosecond. Which is unfortunate because, regardless of the lie, Wyatt ultimately let her know she was second/back pocket choice. Grates on my nerves. 

Y’all, today was another solid ep! Just straight up soapy goodness! LOVED seeing Wyatt’s stunned expression because you just KNOW his brain jumped straight to his touting Flo as so honest and trustworthy and then probably detoured to how he dumped Sally over a lie that is nothing compared to this.

Bravo to the writers for having Liam go straight for the kill with his monologue of how he and Hope suffered and how the “loss” of Beth completely broke them while Flo sat by watching it all, with the ability to end the agony at any moment, but she choosing not to. Who does that? And how can a character be redeemed after that? TIIC better not try to feed us some b.s. Logan insta-forgiveness because this is much too big for that. 

My greatest hope is that Sally, who at one point had a front seat to Hope and Liam’s pain, might be written the opportunity to help tear Flo a new one. I know it seems odd to have a secondary character do that but Sally has a connection to both Hope and Liam so I think it’d only be fitting. Plus, it’d be a good way to get at Flo for all the PDA she had to sit through! 

Edited by smijca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm gonna go against the grain and say they are going to stay together after this. They were together for the better part of a year, even for several months after going through the worst thing a married couple can - the "death" of a child. And they would not have been apart but for said "death." Saying, they always break up may have been true a number of years ago, but not since Annika took on the role. And Molly night or not, Liam is still very much committed to Hope and is still fighting for her - a welcome change from his usual waffling ways and Hope, mental issues or not, she's still very much in love with him. 

I see them reuniting, stronger than ever, and Steffy finally moving on. I know, where's the drama in that, right? Well, I'm sure they'll be some idiotic custody battle (when there's nothing to fight over). I just hope that Steffy doesn't end up pregnant and they could go there, even though it's beyond ridiculous to have 3 pregnancies/babies in the span of 2 years. What I would prefer to see is Kelly being revealed to being $ Bill's. That would bring up all kinds of soapy goodness and DD all but telegraphed it in a recent media appearance, smiling and saying "That's MY baby." I mean, obviously, he could be screwing with us but it's definitely a possibility.

I'm right with you.  I also think that Liam and Hope will stay together.  At least they should. 

Hope was dead wrong to leave Liam and marry Thomas but she was sick and in pain.  And if anybody understands that kind of pain, it's Liam.  That's why he's living in the slattern's house.  Hope has always been the ONE for Liam and vice versa.  Now it's time for them to get on with their lives.

I also agree that revealing that Kelly is $Bill's baby would be fantastic.  It be a brilliant swerve from the old Katie and Brooke fighting over Bill storyline that has been played over and over again.  I think that Bill and Brooke should be together.  But it would be so much better if Brooke is not part of Katie and Bill breaking up.  That way, Brooke and Bill can start with a (relatively) clean slate.

It would also free the long-suffering audience from the ToD, after ALL THESE YEARS.  There would be no reason for Liam and Hauxdilox to even talk to each other if Kelly wasn't his kid.  After all, Hauxdi DID fuck his father.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

After all, Hauxdi DID fuck his father.

That doesn't mean anything.  Ridge fucked his brother's and father's wives.  Brooke fucked her daughter's husbands, and her husband's son, her husband's father and brother, and her sister's husband.  Eric slept with Beth, Brooke and Donna.  Thorne slept with Caroline, Brooke, and Taylor (all Ridge's exes).  Taylor slept with Ridge, Thorne, Eric and Stephen, Rick, and I think maybe Storm.  It's standard operating procedure for these people.

Kelly should have been Bill's.  That was the perfect opportunity to end the triangle from hell, and it didn't happen.  The writers could change that though.  Change Kelly's paternity, and get Steffy away from Liam forever.

Bring on some new men that are not related to anyone.  Get rid of Flo, Zoe, Xander (I think he may already be gone), Katie, Donna, Pam and Charlie.  Thomas should be gone - looney bin or prison.

They have Steffy, Sally and Hope.  Do something new for all three of them.  Please don't have Sally reunite with Wyatt.  She deserves so much better.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8

Steffy: I told you that you're the father of the baby, but now that you found that you're really the father of the baby, I'm telling you you're not the father of the baby.

Thomas, you can save some time by wearing breakaway clothing.

Hope, if you're trying to turn his mind away from sex maybe don't put on the lingerie.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I'm so grateful to all my fellow Primetimers who've been courageous enough to keep watching this show when I simply couldn't.  Your updates and recaps proved to me that my decision to check out was the right one but you've also alerted me to when I should watch.

I have to say that Thomas is even more repulsive than I could every have imagined.  There are viewers who seem to think that Thomas and Hope are 'hot' which makes me shudder for the human race.  There's nothing 'hot' about a rapist circling his next victim.  I was so relieved when he put on his shirt because the sight of those sloping, overly muscled shoulders was making me ill.

@Country girl, your recap is as good as ever.  The little boy who plays Douglas is as good as everyone said.  I'm praying that Thomas ends up dying in agony and Liam and Hope are allowed to raise Douglas.  God knows, his Forrester family isn't going to want him after he releases Liam from Hauxdi's talons.  I can't wait for the look on Ridge's face.

The look on Hauxdi's face was satisfying enough.  Her $250,000 house of cards is tumbling down and there's nothing she can do about it.

Another reason for Douglas to become part of Liam and Hope's family is the amazing chemistry he has with the baby that plays Phoebeth.  That baby is the Meryl Streep of infants. 

I pray that Bell doesn't think it's a good idea to have Thomas rape Hope.  The woman has endured post-partum depression.  Does she really have to be a rape-survivor too?

• Love 24

Ya done good, Douglas! We love you, kid! ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Of course Flo leads with the part of the story that paints her as the victim. Trick, please.

What kind of drug dealer just gives away the drugs? And didn't Thomas have a couple of tablets left over from the last time, when he drugged Liam?

She did someone a favor? Helping someone pass off a kidnapped baby as yours is way beyond a favor. That's a freaking felony, Flo.

Good grief, it's not the 1950s when a woman might not have had any easy options. Hope could call a car service and get the eff out of there. Or she could just walk out the door. Bell really likes writing women as if they have no agency, doesn't he? Men too, if their name is Liam. 😑

I think Liam demonstrated a lot of self-control when he went to Wyatt's. As soon as he saw Flo's guilt-ridden face I don't know how he didn't launch himself at her neck.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm so grateful to all my fellow Primetimers who've been courageous enough to keep watching this show when I simply couldn't.  Your updates and recaps proved to me that my decision to check out was the right one but you've also alerted me to when I should watch.

I have to say that Thomas is even more repulsive than I could every have imagined.  There are viewers who seem to think that Thomas and Hope are 'hot' which makes me shudder for the human race.  There's nothing 'hot' about a rapist circling his next victim.  I was so relieved when he put on his shirt because the sight of those sloping, overly muscled shoulders was making me ill.

@Country girl, your recap is as good as ever.  The little boy who plays Douglas is as good as everyone said.  I'm praying that Thomas ends up dying in agony and Liam and Hope are allowed to raise Douglas.  God knows, his Forrester family isn't going to want him after he releases Liam from Hauxdi's talons.  I can't wait for the look on Ridge's face.

The look on Hauxdi's face was satisfying enough.  Her $250,000 house of cards is tumbling down and there's nothing she can do about it.

Another reason for Douglas to become part of Liam and Hope's family is the amazing chemistry he has with the baby that plays Phoebeth.  That baby is the Meryl Streep of infants. 

I pray that Bell doesn't think it's a good idea to have Thomas rape Hope.  The woman has endured post-partum depression.  Does she really have to be a rape-survivor too?

1C7749BF-E819-41FD-A95A-7C1E109B577E.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I really hope that Thomas finds time to murder Flo for ruining his plans. She's so disgusting. "Oh I finally have to tell the truth right now!" By which she means run and cry in Wyatt's arms. Not go find one of the parents of the child she helped traffick. Cry about how sad she feels to her boyfriend.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Count me in too. Thank you all for the updates. Now I can resume watching regularly once again 😘

• Love 8
3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

It would also free the long-suffering audience from the ToD, after ALL THESE YEARS. 

Absolutely, and I did say in that survey that one of the reasons people hate this story is because no one expects anything but the same old business as usual after all of this misery and pain inflicted on the viewers Hope and Liam. Every other baby switch I've ever watched leads to lasting consequences on the show, even the horrible Christian/Sully one with Adam's choosing to keep quiet about the kid's paternity coming back to bite him in the ass years later.

32 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

So the kid spilled the beans...

Glad to see Emma's death and all 9,000 excruciating Zoe and Xander scenes added up to absolutely nothing. 

I've not missed Emma a single day since Thomas offed her. But it's still such lazy, schlock writing to pull this if they never intended to follow through with any kind of justice.

• Love 6

That's another thing I mentioned in my survey responses -- that nobody who commits a criminal action gets punished. 

Why isn't Steffy immediately on the phone to Lippy to start asking some HARD questions? Never mind. I know the answer. She doesn't want to know.

I have mixed emotions about whether this was worth the wait. The scenes with Douglas, Liam and Beth, were touching, but sitting through the months and months of utter nonsense really tried my patience. If there had been another exciting story that was running counter to the baby switch, it might have been more tolerable. 

I loved the knowing nod that Douglas gave to Liam when Liam was holding Beth and calling he by her proper name. 

I also agree why doesn't Hope just leave that hotel? Dressing up in that lingerie was a huge mistake and just leading Thomas on. Not saying that she deserves to be raped, but she needs to just tell him NO. 

Steffy apparently is taking her dressing cues from Dorit on RHoBH That tacky mesh jacket thing looks straight out of the Beverly Bust Beach collection.

I wish that Brad Bell would take heed to the survey responses and do some serious housecleaning and redirection. From my mouth to God's ear. 

• Love 7

I have preached for months now for someone, anyone to get professional help for Hope. And now I’m saying to her- walk out of that hotel room, honey. Why in the hell did you put on that lingerie that your soon to be rapist gave you? Run, Hope, Run!!!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

That doesn't mean anything.  Ridge fucked his brother's and father's wives.  Brooke fucked her daughter's husbands, and her husband's son, her husband's father and brother, and her sister's husband. 

This is just an awesomely fucked up paragraph!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Why isn't Steffy immediately on the phone to Lippy to start asking some HARD questions? Never mind. I know the answer. She doesn't want to know.

Taylor doesn't know anything.  Seriously.  She handed over $250,000 for a baby, and that's all she knows.  Now this could actually be a good SL of why you DON'T do certain things.  Something just about ALL of these people don't seem to understand.  However, Brad Bell isn't interested in layers to a story.  He just writes for shock value.  Never mind if the viewers were bored and infuriated and tuning out in droves.  Making Hope think her baby died, having Steffy adopt that baby, and having everyone be miserable for months, is his idea of a good story especially if there are no long term consequences for anyone.

As much as I want Thomas to go down in flames, and how nice would it be if Hope was the one who doused him in gasoline and struck the match?  I also want Dr. Reese, Flo, Zoe, Shauna and Xander to pay.  They ALL could have told the truth MONTHS before Thomas ever returned to town.  If that's not bad enough, instead of this SL really looking into what was going on with Hope, they had the same stupid repetitive scenes of Zoe, Flo and Xander for months.

Instead of Steffy telling Hope she was not going to get back together with Liam no matter what Hope did, they have the idiocy of Steffy letting Liam move in, and then a drugged Liam has sex with Steffy.  Completely unnecessary.  I'm still hoping baby Kelly is Dollar Bill's daughter.

The only good part of this SL has been Douglas' scenes with Steffy and Liam.  Months of torture for a few good scenes at the end of the SL does not a good story make.

• Love 7

What does it say about Thomas, that his friend’s first reaction to hearing Thomas got married is to rush over with a supply a roofies for their wedding night / honeymoon without asked? Like his duress first thought was “her buddy so you finally got a woman to marry you. Obviously you’ll need something to sedate and rape her in order to consummate that.” 😒

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Does anyone here do Instagram? SC and AN did a funny recap of the baby coverup storyline, and it’s on B&B’s Instagram stories.

I’m not a regular viewer, but I’ve liked SC since he was on General Hospital. Wasn’t his character Tracy Quartermaine’s son?

• Love 5

I wonder if there will be any follow up on why Hope felt her only option was to end things with Liam and marry Thomas?

Why is Hope still in that hotel room when she clearly does not want to be there?

Will the writers bother to delve into Hope's psyche, and why she made these choices, or is Beth being alive going to resolve everything?  Will Hope's issues just magically disappear?

• Love 6
20 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I see them reuniting, stronger than ever, and Steffy finally moving on.

That would be great but I'm not sure that will ever happen.

I, also, would like to thank everyone who watched this mess and kept us cowards informed so we didn't have to watch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

IIRC, Hope was sexually assaulted by a creepy photographer when she was a teenager. It was one of the reasons she chose to remain a virgin for so long. 

• Useful 2

I understand why a lot of people are asking why Hope put on that ugly lingerie or why she doesn't just LEAVE?  It's a form of negotiation that happens with victims of sexual assault.  They think if I do THIS, then I won't have to do THAT.  Hope thinks that if she puts on that awful outfit, Thomas will be appeased and won't force her to have sex. Hope thinks she's dealing with a decent human being, all evidence to the contrary.  She doesn't realize that Thomas will NEVER be appeased.

As for why she doesn't leave...WE know that Thomas is a rapist but Hope doesn't.  She's known Thomas her whole life.  She still TRUSTS Thomas.  Hope probably is like so many women who think a rapist is a creepy guy hiding in the bushes.  I'll bet the overwhelming majority of sexual assault victims (women AND men) would say that they trusted the person who assaulted them.  That's one of the worst parts of assault; the betrayal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

IIRC, Hope was sexually assaulted by a creepy photographer when she was a teenager. It was one of the reasons she chose to remain a virgin for so long. 

IIRC, the creepy photographer only got as far as drugging her before Nick showed up and the show forgot about it by next week.

Yesterday's show didn't bring on the tears like Wednesday's episode, but it still packed an emotional wallop.

And, at times, the need to reach for a barf bag.

Speaking of, I'll dispense with the decided unpleasantness of having to watch Thomas still trying to get his rape on with the oh-so-sweet and thoughtful gift of Molly from his good pal Vinnie. I mean, engaged couples should really put that on their registries. I mean, it's what dream honeymoons are made of, right?

We see Hope reading a text from Brooke, which she's gonna ignore, I guess. 

032.jpg

Later, Thomas tucks the pills away into a drawer for safekeeping as well as putting Hope's phone on Do Not Disturb and tucking it away in another drawer. 

This is about a heartbeat away from him breaking out a pack of wine coolers just before the Dateline "To Catch a Predator" crew shows up. 

He has a gift for Hope. No, not that. It's a teddy. Which he wants her to put on straightaway. And like the dead woman walking she feels like, she does. And it is about as revolting as you can imagine.

Yup, she's totally into him.

107.jpg

I really don't think TPTB will go there and that Hope will get out of that room before too much more nastiness happens, but today's episode will obviously tell the tale.

I feel like I need a Silkwood shower now.

On with the good stuff...

In the nursery, Liam is still holding Beth, tears in his eyes, as he kisses her sweet little face and starts to know her as his real daughter all over again.

Steffy comes in then with Douglas, her face a mask of anger as he turns, his face filled with pure joy.

EA9RMgxWwAAOAWE.jpg

Steffy: "Liam, what are you doing?"

Liam: "She's Beth."

Steffy frowns, clearly freaking the fuck out, but there is sweet little Douglas staring up at Liam and Beth and the look he and Liam share is just...sheer perfection.

EA9RPZZWwAAkBQC.jpg

And I'm sniffling just a little bit as I watch the two of them. The love and the mutual understanding and just the whole amazement of this adorable, unselfish little boy who has lost his entire world and yet here he is, doing his best to make someone he cares about happy. 

Liam ignores Steffy insisting "she's Phoebe" and just soaks in the goodness as he, who was so very lost, is found reflected in his daughter's eyes.

EA9RSGSX4AEwtb5.jpg

Steffy ushers him out of the room, exclaiming that she's sorry, but Beth is gone.

No, she's not. She's right here. 

Liam: "Douglas heard Thomas say Phoebe was Beth." He layers more evidence onto the quickly growing pile by sharing that he overheard Thomas arguing with Flo and that Flo had a secret, a secret Thomas insisted she was going to keep until the day she died.

Liam: "That's the secret. Phoebe is Beth."

Steffy assumes Liam is having a full-on mental breakdown at this point but Liam has never been more sane.

Steffy: "I'm sure Flo will straighten it out." Oh, she will, just not in the way Steffy thinks.

Liam is quick to shake his head: "She's been lying the WHOLE time!" Yep. He adds on: "What is the one thing that your brother wants more than anything? Hope! What is the one thing that would cause her to leave him?"

Steffy: "Beth was stillborn. She died when Hope gave birth to her." 

Liam: "You just have to trust me, Steffy. I know that's Beth. Every fiber of my being knows that little girl is the baby Hope and I lost. I just - I KNOW it!" 

Steffy visibly bristles at this and while I don't expect her to believe the truth just yet where Beth is concerned, she can't feign innocence where her creep of a brother is concerned,

Liam exclaims, “Beth is my baby!”

Steffy: "That's insane."

Liam, smiling for a moment, "I agree...but it fits." He goes down the list again of all the reasons why.

Steffy oh-so-helpfully reminds him: "But you saw Beth at the hospital that night, you saw that she wasn't breathing. She wasn't alive. Hope held her. How can you explain that?"

A simple "she was stillborn" would have sufficed, bitch.

Liam: "I don't know...but only Flo can verify if she actually gave birth." Based on what he's learned from the hospital, that Flo never gave birth in the Las Vegas hospital where "Phoebe" was supposed to have been born and signed documents to verify as such, it's not that huge of a stretch to think the rest is a lie as well.

And you can see the wheels turning as Liam thinks and realizes Flo is the key to all of this. He flees the cliff house, a man on a mission. 

Douglas approaches a shaken Steffy, asking: ""Are you mad at me?" Awwww.

Steffy is very sweet here as she reassures him that she's not.

She hears Beth crying  and winces as Douglas says: "That's Beth crying."

Steffy: "It's Phoebe." She heads into the nursery, picking the baby up and telling her "Mommy's got you, Phoebe." 

Beth's thought bubble: "My name is Beth. And you are NOT my mommy."

EA76xlaWwAAHtx4.jpg

Well, she's not her mother and any sympathy I might have had for her disintegrates in the face of the pain and anguish Hope and Liam have suffered because she just had to have a plaything for Kelly five seconds after Beth's death.  It doesn't help that I'm already anticipating an "I wuz wobbed" sob story from her when none of this had to happen. She couldn't have known Phoebe was Beth but she damn well knew from her initial research into adoption that adoptions - legal adoptions - take time, typically MONTHS, not wham-bam-48 hours later you walk home with a baby, ma'am. And so help me, if I hear any more noise about how Hope and Liam should be grateful Taylor bought Beth vs some strangers, I will cut a bitch. I just can't with the lack of logic. If anything, the fact that Steffy, someone Flo and company et al knew, "adopted" Beth dragged out the secret that much longer, especially once Thomas entered the picture. Case in point - Zoe and Flo whining for months about how much Steffy would suffer if the truth came out because they had bonded. 

And if Taylor hadn't been so hot to buy a blackmarket baby and yammered on about in the first place, who knows if Reese would have even thought to do it (in no way excusing him but which came first, the chicken or the egg). We'll never know because she was and he did.

We cut over to Wyatt's place where he's arrived home and it still chaps my ass that Felonious Flo, who could have driven over to the cliff house 50 times by now, today alone, is wanting to confess to him first.

Except we all know she will hem and haw and dance around it all the livelong day.

Flo starts by saying she has something to tell him about Thomas.

Wyatt assumes, incorrectly that it's what he also incorrectly ASSumed about Sally and Thomas.

Flo: "Nothing is going on between them." He visibly relaxes as she goes on and on about how much she wants to be with him and just spit it the fuck out already.

Flo: "I need to be honest with you." That's a refreshing change but I'm calling bullshit already.

She kicks things off by telling him she got caught up something she regrets,whining that it was part of helping a friend, but just can't resist justifying her actions by adding on that if she hadn't done what she did (which she still hasn't said WTF it is), she wouldn't have reconnected with him or found her family.

Oh, and remember Flo and her "friend?" She was swapping spit with this piece of shit. 

EA7QJ0BUwAMgSuc.jpg

Is there where I'm supposed to be feeling some glimmer of sadness for poor, poor Flo? Because...no.

Wyatt, leery now, "Just be honest."

Flo, her eyes all teary and everything, tells him she has to come clean about Thomas, Liam, and Hope.

But, of course, she just has to have him HOLD her first.

I mean, goddamn, lady. Where do you get off? You helped set all of this in motion and lied about everything to everyone for months. You robbed a couple of their baby for days, weeks, months, milestones and memories that CANNOT EVER be made up for. You helped destroy the loving, healthy, honest relationship that was Wally. You've enabled a predator with his quest to nab the cousin you helped drive to her current mentally vulnerable state.

Before I can reach through my TV screen to slap the taste out of her mouth as she sits there on the couch, trying to look all sad and pathetic, continuing to hem and haw and make noises about "Beth," Liam bursts into the house.

He wastes zero seconds calling her stank ass out for being a dirty, despicable, nasty, filthy lying piece of trash who never gave birth to Phoebe. Okay, so I'm embellishing a little. But you know he was thinking it. She just sits there, all wounded bird.

EA7GgU6UYAEv40T.jpg

Wyatt is the proverbial deer in the headlights as he says, "What are you even saying right now, Liam?"

Liam, sounding so, so tired after his initial outburst, looks at her, one of the sources of his greatest pain and sorrow, "Just tell Wyatt the truth, Flo."

Wyatt, appearing to shield Flo, who continues to cower on the couch like the lying snake she is, "You are accusing her of lying about her baby. I know you're upset about Thomas and Hope, but I'm not gonna let you take your bitterness out on Flo." You better think again, Wyatt.

Liam: "Wyatt...she already told you she never had a baby. Remember that?"

Wyatt, blustering: "She already explained that, that it was too painful. Giving up Phoebe, that was hard for her."

Liam: "Yeah...she gave up Phoebe. That doesn't mean she gave birth to her."

Wyatt, exasperated, "Oh my God." He stalks away from Liam. 

Liam, ignoring him, his eyes laser-focused on Flo, who of course won't look him in the eye, saying: "You know I called the hospital in Vegas."

Oh, now she's looking him in the eye, the tears falling and he has not one fuck to give as he lowers the boom: "The doctor was on vacation when you supposedly gave birth. She never even heard of you. She never delivered your baby because you never had one!"

Wyatt is back at it: "So what?" 

SO WHAT??????

Damn, Wyatt, you are a dumb ass.

Wyatt insists Liam called the wrong doctor.

Liam: "We're talking about the doctor who is listed on the birth certificate. The certificate that she (he points at Flo) signed!" He pauses for the briefest of seconds, then adds, "the certificate that you faked!" Get her, Liam!

Wyatt, incredulous, and really, Wyatt, you didn't suspect anything was up with this chick you haven't seen in the better part of 20 years? "A fake birth certificate?"

Liam is just done with this shit: "Just admit it, Flo!"

Wyatt: "Stop yelling at her, all right!" It's the tip of the iceberg as to what she deserves. "You are accusing her of things. Clearly, this is a mix-up!"

That's when Flo finally finds the tiniest shred of decency and finds her voice and her feet, standing up to blurt out, "No, he's right. He's right. I've never been pregnant. I've never had a baby."

EA77B1fXsAAir3H.jpg

Liam sighs and looks heavenward, the sheer relief of being right washing over him as a stricken Wyatt gasps, "What?"

Flo sighs, thinking the worst is over but Liam isn't done with her yet.

Liam: "Who was pregnant? Who had the baby?" Almost gently here, he adds, "Look, we both know the answer. Just say the name, Flo." He needs to hear her say it. She owes this to him, owes him so much more than she can ever repay. 

EA77B1kXUAEWtdY.jpg

She hesitates and he snaps: "Say the name! Please! Just say the name!" 

Flo: "Hope! Hope is the mother...it's Hope."

EA77B1iX4AAwUF2.jpg

Wyatt reeling, stands there, looking every inch like he's swallowing his tongue and regretting every last decision and moment of his life since he chucked Sally for this...dumpster fire.

EA77B1gW4AA8tvy.jpg

DB was sorely MIA for most of this baby swap fiasco but he absolutely played every beat of this reveal today and I always love seeing him and SC interact as they are pure gold together.

SC's Liam has about a million expressions on his face as he stares at Flo, among them pain, sorrow, loathing and oddly, yet not, pity. 

Liam.thumb.jpg.9a4af663607f0bd15c2436395df1837e.jpg

That last scene was barely 90 seconds but it absolutely resonated. Because nothing is louder than the truth, no matter how softly or tentatively spoken.

This show hasn't been this good since the Queridge bust and Brill reunion in Sydney and I have to say, as much as I absolutely despised this storyline, thus my tuning out for the better part of the last four months, I am glad I have something to tune back into. Because as strange as it sounds, I've missed the show (not the shitshow it's been most of this year), but this show. The one that allows its actors to shine, that plays all the beats and then some, that shows what it can be capable of when it isn't going for shock and awe and plot. I've watched this show from the moment Brooke Logan ran into her living room in the Valley and it was certainly a hard habit to break, but break it I did these past several months and I will again, if and when the day comes they pull more disgusting shenanigans posing as storytelling. 

I don't know if I can say that the last few episodes were worth the seven months of torture porn. I know if I had tuned on, I definitely wouldn't feel that way, but taking a break has given me a different perspective. And I also have to think that somehow, someway TPTB that lurk here and elsewhere were planning to drag this out a whole lot longer but chose to cut it far short of their original timeline (even though it was a good 6.5 months too long for us) and put an end to it while giving the wrap up its full due. 

• Love 19

Your recaps are so good, Countrygirl. I really appreciate them.

Also good? The kid who plays Douglas. He’s talented beyond his years.

i tuned in yesterday after a loooonnnggg hiatus because I knew this shit story was coming to a merciful end. However, I had to turn the channel every single time Thomas came on my screen. The sight of him makes my skin want to crawl away, and, well, I’m rather attached to it. MA must be the DeNiro of slimeballs, because Thomas, especially without his shirt on, genuinely repulses me. I really, really hope the rapey slug gets his just desserts. 

I will gain a microgram of respect for Steffy if she tears her brother a new and painful asshole. After all, Thomas victimized her too, though I don’t have a lot of sympathy to spare for her.

• Love 18

Yesterday I stopped by my Mom's (it was a few minutes before B&B time).  She wasn't ready so I knocked on her neighbor's door to say hi (she's 85 and I knew she'd be watching).  She was an agent for some actors who were on Y&R in the 80's.  I told Mom I'll be watching with her.  Well, we were howling.  She's yelling at the tv like a true fan.  "You could get a heart attack from this show! What is wrong with these writers"?  Mom comes over and sits down.  At a commercial she said "if there's a knock on the door, it will be the men in white coats". 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I understand why a lot of people are asking why Hope put on that ugly lingerie or why she doesn't just LEAVE?  It's a form of negotiation that happens with victims of sexual assault.  They think if I do THIS, then I won't have to do THAT.  Hope thinks that if she puts on that awful outfit, Thomas will be appeased and won't force her to have sex. Hope thinks she's dealing with a decent human being, all evidence to the contrary.  She doesn't realize that Thomas will NEVER be appeased.

As for why she doesn't leave...WE know that Thomas is a rapist but Hope doesn't.  She's known Thomas her whole life.  She still TRUSTS Thomas.  Hope probably is like so many women who think a rapist is a creepy guy hiding in the bushes.  I'll bet the overwhelming majority of sexual assault victims (women AND men) would say that they trusted the person who assaulted them.  That's one of the worst parts of assault; the betrayal.

QFT.

Absolutely spot-on. And I still think, on some level, that Hope thinks this is what she deserves for "failing" as a wife and a mother. She blames herself for going to Catalina in the first place when plenty of women have babymoons before birth with nary the slightest mishap, for passing out when she was giving birth as if she could control her rapidly falling blood pressure, for failing yet again to bring a living child into the world. 

• Love 11

I am living for the moment when Ridge finds out that Phoebe is Beth.  He and his ex-wife/partner in crime were willing to break the laws of God and man to get Liam back in their daughter's bed.  Taylor shot a man, bought a black-market baby and Ridge pushed a mentally-ill woman into a marriage that anybody with any decency would oppose.  AND NONE OF IT WORKED.  Because Liam is going to forget Hauxdi's name the second he and Hope holds their child together.

And what the hell is up with Kelly?  Is she under sedation?  How can a baby sleep through all that meshugas?

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

Me:  "Oh for god sakes, Hope, you cannot be this stupid and weak," then she locked that door and started telling herself she didn't have to go with Thomas.  Finally, Hope gets to have a few functioning brain cells and a spine.

I've disliked Liam for years, but he was really great with Flo, Wyatt, and Hope.  I loved that Liam had no time for all of Flo's pathetic excuses.  I also like that Liam told Hope Steffy didn't know the truth about Phoebe/Beth that she was lied to as well.  It won't happen, but it would be nice if Steffy, Liam, and Hope were united in their anger about everything that has happened.

So is the helicopter going to be Thomas' way out of the country, or is someone getting thrown off the roof again?

Douglas to Thomas:  "Steffy and Liam are nice unlike you.  I told Liam Phoebe is Beth."  I'm loving Douglass.  I liked the Steffy, Douglas, Ridge scene to.

As bad of parents as Ridge, Taylor, and Brooke became once their own children were adults, at least when their children were young, I believed they loved them and were good parents.  Thomas doesn't even have that going for him.

Flo:  "You can't hate me more than I hate myself."  Me:  "Don't bet on it, bitch."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

SO MANY thoughts about today’s episode but first and foremost, HOW CONVENIENT that Flo left out the part about accepting a chunk of money during the child trafficking transaction and shrouded her actions in the guise of “helping a friend out.” Also, what a narcissistic version she told stressing SHE was blackmailed and SHE was threatened, oh but she WANTED to tell. Still making excuses and, honestly, Wyatt deserves it for dumping a gem like Sally so quickly and easily. The one that got away, indeed.

I am in awe of the actor playing Thomas. He has really stepped up his game leaning into creepy and unsettling. All I could think when he was caressing and kissing Hope and saying how he’d waited so many years was, dude, that’s your step-sister. Ew.

I can’t wait to see the fallout between Wyatt and Flo, though. 

And Hope...my goodness I just know SC and AK are going to knock it out of the park on Monday.

If TPTB are lurking, please make a note that your audience is only as faithful as the respect you give. Audience was disrespected for months with lazy writing and awful dragging out of the atrocious storyline and you saw a spike. Better writing, allowing your actors to shine and they’re back in droves. And don’t think SC’s lame attempt to pacify the audience for having had their intelligence insulted for months worked. The audience knows how to turn the tv off and/or change the channel. 🙄 

Edited to add: did anyone else laugh when Flo started to list all of the people who knew the secret? Almost seemed like a comedy sketch. 

And how could I forget about Douglas?! The B&B acting coach and director hace done a stand up job getting great reactions and nuanced acting from that boy. Had another lol moment when he tauntingly told Thomas Liam and Steffy were nicer than he and that he’d told Liam about PhoeBeth. Only bad part is that, for a second there I thought the writers were maybe setting SORAS Douglas up to be a sociopath when he gets back from the inevitable boarding school trip. 

Edited by smijca
  • Love 11

**Insert Friends-Janice voice** OHHHHHHHHH...MYYYYYYYYYY...GODDDDDDDDDD! Finally! Finally, friends, we have some resolution!

Hope finally got a backbone, & told herself, the only person who was unaware that this is true, that she didn't have to flee the premises with Thomas. Finally!

Liam ripped the shit out of Flo when she tried to say that Reece was protecting his daughter, by reminding Flo that Liam's & Hope's daughter was taken from them, so screw the excuse of Reece's daughter being in danger because of Reece's poor choices. Finally!

To Flo's credit, she planted the seeds to Liam that Thomas was responsible for Emma's accident. Finally!

Douglas got to tell his dad that he's a creep & that Douglas is far better than anyone could have expected (in so many words). Finally!

Ridge got an inkling that Phoebe is actually Beth, & that Thomas, that fucking creep that he urged his stepdaughter to marry, knew for a while. Finally!

Best of all, Hope knows that Phoebe is Beth, & that she didn't let her child down by losing consciousness, & that her child is alive & well & maybe the most adorable child that I didn't personally birth (along with Douglas). Finally!

I broke my neck to get back to work to get on the message boards & see all of your reactions to this resolution. I'm so happy to have friends to share this amazing moment with! It's been a long, dry few months, but so far, I'm pleased with the payoff. When Hope & Liam finally get to hold their baby Beth, I will be a sobbing mess.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

Douglas to Thomas:  "Steffy and Liam are nice unlike you.  I told Liam Phoebe is Beth."  I'm loving Douglass.  I liked the Steffy, Douglas, Ridge scene to.

41 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Douglas got to tell his dad that he's a creep & that Douglas is far better than anyone could have expected (in so many words). Finally!

I loved Douglas' phone call to his father.  In an age appropriate way the little boy told Thomas that he was a piece of shit and he could go fuck himself.  

Today's episode was full of Friday afternoon cliffhanger soapy goodness!  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Today's episode was full of Friday afternoon cliffhanger soapy goodness!

It really was. I was yelling at Liam to hurry up the whole time. I was so afraid he wasn't going to make it in time. I'm so happy he did so now I can start watching my show again. 🤩

• Love 10

I forgot to mention.  I think Steffy will get custody of Douglas.

What annoys me about the show this week, is that if they can have great scenes like they have been, then there was clearly no reason for MONTHS of boredom and dragging storyline.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

And also, Flo finally used her brain by putting Thomas on speaker when he called so that they could both see what she was saying was the truth and how unhinged Thomas was. Like, where was any of that calm thought process months ago?!

Better late than never I guess.

I laughed my ass off when Douglas sassed Thomas like that 😆😄

But yeah, a great reveal and the end of the worst plague of a story ever to disgrace The Bold and the Beautiful. Finally.

• Love 16

I have no fucks to give one way or the other about Hope (or Liam, really), but I teared up a little at the end.

16 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

And also, Flo finally used her brain by putting Thomas on speaker when he called so that they could both see what she was saying was the truth and how unhinged Thomas was.

If they try to make Flo a victim, I am going to scream.  Bitch knew exactly what she was doing.  Worst of all, she ruined Wyatt for me.  She needs to pay, preferably somewhere off my screen.

• Love 5