Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I know he's just a kid actor but Douglas now looks and acts just as creepy as his daddy.  

I loved precious little Beth saying "mama."  She has the most sense of any of these idiots, including her mama. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Raggedy is a wonderful actress since she has developed a fantastic blank stare and a brain dead persona.  

Doses Does Flo wear any other color beside powder blue?  Can Zoey be anything else than a bitch?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

I’m a little surprised that Raggedy’s dress was very nice and looked good on her. 

Ridge, you incredible hypocrite you seem to have forgive Lurch for stabbing you in the back and conceiving Douglas with the woman you were going to marry.  Brooke is a life long commitment only if you are a cat and have nine lives. 

Best thing of the day was those two adorable babies as was Douglas. I guess his facial expressions were scripted to make Raggedy smile and not done out of boredom. 

PhoBeth is not holding her peace and objecting to this marriage the only way she can by calling Raggedy mommy. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

I was traveling today so didn't get to FF.  Did Hope go through with the wedding?

No.  Hope was stalling, I guess you could say, not really saying I Do.  The minister was trying to get her on the record with an I Do when Beth crawled up to her saying Mama.  Hope looked stunned, I was thinking maybe she would pass out or run away.  I guess we'll find out on Monday!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

And again I wonder, how does Carter conduct these weddings with a straight face? Probably because he knows he'll get to handle the inevitable annulment or divorce in a few months. At least I hope they pay him for all these services.

Why can't Flo get her clothes in the right size? She always looks cheap to me.

STFU, Ridge. Your son is a predator and a child abuser. Your painful awakening is coming, jerk.

Pssht, IMO Hope has always been more about the wedding ceremony than the actual marriage. She loves putting on a fancy white gown and being the center of attention. Bingo, ya nutbag!

Douglas now looks and acts just as creepy as his daddy.

That kid is going to need so much therapy when he realizes what his daddy did to him. Either that or he'll turn out to be Thomas 2.0.

• Love 10

Ok, how on earth did they get that baby to say mama and keep looking at Hope too, it was perfectly choreographed!  Love Douglas scrunching up his nose like Hope did..he is a cutie but the bowl haircut can go.  Agree Flo always looks like her clothes don’t fit right or something.  Brooke’s dress was just gorgeous on her, showing off her figure beautifully. 

• Love 12

I ff'd through most of the show. I HATE Forrester & Co. weddings. The ones back in the day were fun because they were so lavish and with new couples. And, they were special occasions that happened maybe once or twice a year. Now, we have the same group of people shuffling partners through nuptials every other month or so.

I wasn't sure if Phoebeth was actually calling Hope mama or if Hope was hallucinating.  She seemed like she was heavily sedated/out of it and when she walked down the aisle, she looked like she was taking her last walk to the gallows.

Enough of Flo and Zoe. Hey, I read a soap digest that said KB got a role in a movie, so maybe Flo will be sent permanently packing after the Phoebeth reveal. That means either prison or she goes back to Vegas. We can only hope. 

Flo's dress was trashy looking with her boobs falling out and her hair a hot mess. I know she was supposed to be drunk, but still. Zoe looked dour in that black whatever she was wearing, which looked like a cross between a halter top and bib overalls. Her Swedish crown braids were fugly as well. Those two can't get off my screen fast enough. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I ff'd through most of the show. I HATE Forrester & Co. weddings. The ones back in the day were fun because they were so lavish and with new couples. And, they were special occasions that happened maybe once or twice a year. Now, we have the same group of people shuffling partners through nuptials every other month or so.

To be fair, I *think* this has so far been the only wedding in all of 2019, which says a lot about how much the Phoebeth switch has truly cut into the heart of this show.

Still, it's such a sad affair when even the destination wedding on the 30th anniversary couldn't spare any extras. The last actual wedding that felt like an event wedding was Nick and Bridget's first doomed attempt down the alter that Taylor interrupted, and that was in '05.

Now, if we needed a wedding, it should be one where Eric and Quinn renew their vows and Eric's family actually show up eating Crow and expressing shame for how they initially treated her.

2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Hey, I read a soap digest that said KB got a role in a movie, so maybe Flo will be sent permanently packing after the Phoebeth reveal. That means either prison or she goes back to Vegas. We can only hope. 

God, I hope she takes the Zoe actress with her. Xander is gone and because B&B has never believed in female friendships outside of the Spectras (that Brat Bell eventually ruined too with Darla fucking Thorne), she has no other ties to stick around one second longer than she needs to. Let her go back to the UK, where she can stalk Xander into taking her ass back a third time. 😐

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Ok, how on earth did they get that baby to say mama and keep looking at Hope too, it was perfectly choreographed!  

Not only does the baby playing Beth look just like Anikka Noel and Scott Clifton but she’s a hell of an actress! Always so present in her scenes making eye contact, touching Annika or playing with her hair while smiling, reaching for her, giggling with Scott. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

STFU, Ridge. Your son is a predator and a child abuser. Your painful awakening is coming, jerk.

Ridge knows the predator part which is why it’s weird the show doesn’t have him play that niggling suspicion nuance. Then again maybe he does feel that but after accusing him of taking advantage of Caroline and being ‘corrected’ by her that it was consensual, he’s a bit more hesitant about opening his mouth.

Then again since Thomas’s obsession is focused on Hope, Ridge doesn’t really give a damn?

It would be amazing if after the crap hits the fan, Ridge does mention to Brooke the whole Caroline situation and she loses it on him feeling he should’ve told her so she could’ve protected Hope and their marriage encounters a serious hurdle.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ridge knows the predator part which is why it’s weird the show doesn’t have him play that niggling suspicion nuance. Then again maybe he does feel that but after accusing him of taking advantage of Caroline and being ‘corrected’ by her that it was consensual, he’s a bit more hesitant about opening his mouth.

Maybe, but Bill in the last scene he had six weeks(!!!) ago has been the only person to bring that up and call it what it was.

I'd have believed it of RM!Ridge that he was hesitant to think the worst of his children because he was shown to love all his kids. He gave Steffy chance after chance before firing her over the Oliver boink video and supporting Hope's weddings to Liam and being particularly forgiving of Thomas for his creepy shit towards Brooke.

But since TK has been in the role, the only one he likes is Steffy, and it's entirely easy to believe he couldn't care less about what Thomas wants as much as his idiot princess getting her way (her notable apathy towards a reunion notwithstanding, but I'm sure she'll be after him again eventually).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Maybe, but Bill in the last scene he had six weeks(!!!) ago has been the only person to bring that up and call it what it was.

I'd have believed it of RM!Ridge that he was hesitant to think the worst of his children because he was shown to love all his kids. He gave Steffy chance after chance before firing her over the Oliver boink video and supporting Hope's weddings to Liam and being particularly forgiving of Thomas for his creepy shit towards Brooke.

But since TK has been in the role, the only one he likes is Steffy, and it's entirely easy to believe he couldn't care less about what Thomas wants as much as his idiot princess getting her way (her notable apathy towards a reunion notwithstanding, but I'm sure she'll be after him again eventually).

This is exactly it. This Ridge only cares about Steffy so he was happy to call Bill a predator for sleeping with poor vulnerable Steffy because she was sad after, but doesn't even think about his son's creepy behavior if it has even the slightest chance of being a benefit to her. Nothing else matters. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oh man, I'd managed to forget about that shit Ridge pulled after the Brill boink.

The Forresters are all shitty ass, self-serving creatures, with Bridget being the sole living exception to this.

• Love 5

I wonder why they thought casting this Ridge would be a good choice?  There's nothing hot and sexy going on there.  I'd never believe two women spent half of their lives fighting over this one.  I want Joe Lando to come back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I wonder why they thought casting this Ridge would be a good choice?  There's nothing hot and sexy going on there.

Yep, especially since IMO he seemed so ambivalent about the role from the very beginning. Given the state of daytime soaps I'm sure he's realized he's lucky to be employed, not to mention in a front-burner legacy role. (Also, before AMC was cancelled he mentioned in an interview that YR had tried to hire him and he turned them down. No more looking a gift horse in the mouth...)

I don't think he really wanted to be paired with actresses close to his age. Plus, note that we rarely see Ridge doing any fashion designing any more. I suspect TK considered that activity less than masculine and his prior soap roles had generally been manly men, if you catch my drift. There was something rather pointed about how slovenly he was letting himself look, I think. It was clear he was not going to be anything remotely like the RM version of Ridge.

He's cleaned up his act a bit I guess, and his Ridge and Brooke are sorta believable. I'll be surprised though if Ridge and Brooke don't break up over the Beth reveal and Ridge then makes a run at Sally or Flo.

I've also often wondered if CBS/B&B thought by hiring him they could pull some of the old ABC soap audience who were fans of his from AMC and OLTL. For a while there Ridge really seemed to be turning into be a B&B version of Zach Slater but the show seems to have dialed that back a lot.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

The Forresters are all shitty ass, self-serving creatures, with Bridget being the sole living exception to this.

I would add Phoebe to the exception list.

They should have left Ridge paired up with Caroline II.  It would have been a good book end to Stephanie getting Eric, and keeping him away from Beth, only for Eric to leave Stephanie for Beth's daughter Brooke.  Caroline I and Taylor die, but in the end Ridge ends up with Caroline II, not Brooke.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep, especially since IMO he seemed so ambivalent about the role from the very beginning. Given the state of daytime soaps I'm sure he's realized he's lucky to be employed, not to mention in a front-burner legacy role. (Also, before AMC was cancelled he mentioned in an interview that YR had tried to hire him and he turned them down. No more looking a gift horse in the mouth...)

I don't think he really wanted to be paired with actresses close to his age. Plus, note that we rarely see Ridge doing any fashion designing any more. I suspect TK considered that activity less than masculine and his prior soap roles had generally been manly men, if you catch my drift. There was something rather pointed about how slovenly he was letting himself look, I think. It was clear he was not going to be anything remotely like the RM version of Ridge.

He's cleaned up his act a bit I guess, and his Ridge and Brooke are sorta believable. I'll be surprised though if Ridge and Brooke don't break up over the Beth reveal and Ridge then makes a run at Sally or Flo.

I've also often wondered if CBS/B&B thought by hiring him they could pull some of the old ABC soap audience who were fans of his from AMC and OLTL. For a while there Ridge really seemed to be turning into be a B&B version of Zach Slater but the show seems to have dialed that back a lot.

TK played a long haired poet on OLTL, so I'm not sure that's the problem.  CaRidge had everything to do with designing and art, too. I'm going to blame the writers. If they show Ridge designing, they might be worried that we'd also expect models, fittings and fashion shows. Can't have that...

However, as a former ABC soap fan - TK, along with Rena, Heather, Scott and Sean did catch my attention. I probably wouldn't have given the show a chance if GH hadn't trashed Sean's character (for like the 900th time) shortly before I started watching.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, jenrising said:

This is exactly it. This Ridge only cares about Steffy so he was happy to call Bill a predator for sleeping with poor vulnerable Steffy because she was sad after, but doesn't even think about his son's creepy behavior if it has even the slightest chance of being a benefit to her. Nothing else matters. 

Ridge doesn't give two shits about Thomas and exhibit A is when he wanted to keep Douglas' true paternity a secret. Granted, Douglas' conception was/is a huge can of worms but that wasn't the reason - he wanted to ensure Caroline II was going to stay with him vs being pulled toward her son's biological father. Wanna bet he is one of the next ones to find out about Beth and that he doesn't say a single word? Not because he gives a fig for Thomas or Hope or his own wife but because his poor widdle daughter will be so heartbroken.

Blech.

• Love 8

TK played a long haired poet on OLTL, so I'm not sure that's the problem. 

He only played Patrick Thornhart for a relatively short period of time though, compared to his time on AMC and now B&B. And Patrick was a manly long-haired poet, lol. (Back when Ridge was with Katie and was reciting poetry to her I always thought it was a nod to Patrick--and not in a good way. That freaking engagement ribbon! Grrr.)

CaRidge had everything to do with designing and art, too.

Yeah but oh my gosh, poor TK Ridge really had to struggle with it. 🙄 And then there was him the millionaire having his wife live in that tiny artist's loft with that scary stairway. It was some more b.s., IMO.

If they show Ridge designing, they might be worried that we'd also expect models, fittings and fashion shows.

They do show people designing (Thomas, Sally, occasionally Eric) just mostly not Ridge. And we still seem to get a fashion show at least once a year. I imagine when Steffy's boobs settle down and she's off maternity leave the fashion shows will rev up again. Plus, doesn't Thomas want to take over the lead designer role? If he's not dead or in prison after the Beth reveal (fingers crossed!) he'll likely want show off his work.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I get it, he was bringing his fan base with him.  I had never seen him before.  I looked him up on YT in a Port Charles clip.  I didn't get how they could go from frankenRidge (a pet name) to this one.  Now I see he was on AMC forever but I had stopped watching it in 1990.  So they have Bridge pawing each other because they will always have hot sex even if they hate each other's kids.  What bothers me most is that he line reads (much like Steffy).  All that flat acting bugs me.  Take a lesson from Heather Tom, she emotes when required.

• Love 7

Today was the very first time I ever felt like this wretched storyline might be showing signs of being resolved. Zander, Flo, Zoe...none of them have a real reason to blab, as they're complicit, or in love with someone who was complicit. Liam overhearing Thomas threaten Flo might finally, mercifully get the ball rolling. 

I'd still prefer Justin & Sally team up, (& then fall for each other) with a side of $Bill to help crack the case, but if the end is near, I'll take what I can get. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

Good grief, I thought Douglas looked like a demon child grinning at Hope over Thomas' shoulder. I might have to start calling him Damien. 👿

Every person at that wedding could see Hope was teetering on an emotional precipice. She looked like she was weaving in and out of reality. What ever happened to that "speak now or forever hold your peace" bit that used to stop soap weddings? Sure could've used it today.

I thought you were only supposed to congratulate the groom? Stuff it with the smugness, Tom. At least Liam knew to offer Hope his good wishes instead, lukewarm though they were. Miss Manners is giving this whole awful event the stink eye.

Liam is on the case! 🕵️🔎🕶👀

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9

I really, really hope that when this mess is resolved, and Hope decides that she wants Liam back, he tells her that he wants to be a father but he does not want them to get back together.  Kick Hope to the curb, Liam.

• Love 5
On 7/19/2019 at 8:42 AM, ByaNose said:

How old is Hope's baby now? At this rate she might be in pre graduate school before this storyline and/or truth comes out. Stop!!!!!!!!

Fixed that for you 🙂

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

With Douglas standing behind Lurch’s right shoulder, it reminded me of Scrad/Charlie, the two headed humanoid played by Johnny Knoxville in “Men in Black II”.  Charlie Scrad was the large head and Charlie was the small head protruding from Scrad’s neck. 

Since when does Ridge give a fling fuck about the sanctity of marriage.  

Lurch threatens Flo and she should tell Wyatt or Justin but that probably won’t happen because the shit still needs to continue flow. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 2
On 7/21/2019 at 6:30 PM, SiouxB said:

I hope every day that Beth will be on....

She is the only one worth watching...

When she said mama and then smiled, I almost lost it

I know. 😥 such a talented baby and a one who looks exactly like a smush of Hope/AN and Liam/SC. For the viewers it’s demented how much they are torturing poor Hope (and Liam and lil Douglas for that matter). 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, ByaNose said:

Now, Liam has a clue. He won’t know what to do with it but he has one. 

😂

I guess the show is truly committed to wiping away that waffle image of Liam. If he does start making calls and stiffing around, it'll be the most proactive thing in his entire nine year history on this show. Even aside from being sick of this story, Liam's needed something like this for a long time. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 15

Once the truth about Phoebe/Beth finally comes out, I still don't expect this SL to end.  There was no reason for Steffy to end up with Hope's stolen baby, for Liam to move back in with Steffy, etc., if this was ever going to end.  Instead it will re-ignite the Triangle from Hell again when it would have been so much more interesting to see Steffy actually do what she said she was going to back when she proposed to Hope for Liam.  Steffy was supposed to move on with her life.  I'm not surprised Brad Bell won't let this die because he still insists on bringing up and retconning the Ridge/Taylor/Brooke idiocy, and has the dumb characters refer to Stephanie as the love of Eric's life.  {face palm}

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I almost broke my vow to not tune in until Hope and Liam get Beth back because there were some darn good moments, apparently.

Like Liam congratulating Thomas on "finally wearing Hope down."

Hope, having a headache and escaping upstairs when the ink wasn't even dry on their marriage license.

Liam, stating the obvious:

And finally, finally SOMETHING happens where Liam knows Flo's got a secret.

EAHXJYQX4AACp62.jpg

P.S.

Oh, Ridge? You can drink a giant thermos mug of Shut the Fuck Up for your comment about Hope being a married woman and that you hope you don't need to remind Liam of that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Once the truth about Phoebe/Beth finally comes out, I still don't expect this SL to end. 

Me either. In fact, I'm not sure it's going to end with Hope and Beth reunited. Yesterday at the wedding Hope pointedly said that Steffy was the only mother Phoebeth had known since she was only a few days old. For this reason I think Hope will decide to let Steffy keep Beth, at least in the short run. Ugh. I just hope there isn't going to be a custody battle, though it would likely guarantee Ridge and Brooke break up.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Me either. In fact, I'm not sure it's going to end with Hope and Beth reunited. Yesterday at the wedding Hope pointedly said that Steffy was the only mother Phoebeth had known since she was only a few days old. For this reason I think Hope will decide to let Steffy keep Beth, at least in the short run. Ugh. I just hope there isn't going to be a custody battle, though it would likely guarantee Ridge and Brooke break up.

But they won't stay broken up.  I can see/hear how it will play out - there will be a million destiny/soulmates comments from Brooke, a million we were robbed comments from Hope, Brooke will screw Bill only to run back to Ridge, Hope will tell Liam he and Phoebe/Beth should stay with Steffy only to change her mind and want Liam and Phoebe/Beth back.  Lather rinse repeat for the next three decades.  Why can't any of these characters get a new story?

• Love 8

The Spencer Boys are on the case.

EALeitvWwAAWwiY.jpg

EALeitvW4AAHRoM.jpg

EALeit4WkAA7vCD.jpg

And your little girlfriend is right in the middle of it, Wyatt, and while I might appreciate you helping crack the case, I am here for Sally troweling in a heaping helping of cro when  you find out what Felony has been up to.

Elsewhere, despite putting out candles and rose petals and, of course, roping in his own little boy YET AGAIN, Thomas is still getting cock-blocked. 

EALhmVZXsAAanff.jpg

EALhmVbXUAAePER.jpg

I mean, she is literally cringing from his touch and who can blame her?

EALiDD9WsAEtd_s.jpg

EALiDD-XUAEjbso.jpg

EALjcvDXUAAh5C2.jpg

Still completely nuts that she married him at all but I'm convinced she's in some mental fog fugue state at this point.

In any event, this marriage from hell ain't getting consummated and it's just Satan and his hand tonight.

THANK GOD!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, la11 said:

Beth has been hearing her mother's voice since she was in the womb.  So she knows who her mother really is.

Steffy has been taking care of Phoebe/Beth for months.  Steffy is Phoebe/Beth's mother to.  As annoyed as I have been at some of the things Steffy and Hope have done, neither of them deserved this.

Does Hope expect Thomas to never have sex again, or is she going to tell Thomas to have sex with someone else they are just co-parenting together?

Is there any chance at all that Flo will tell Wyatt the truth?  This is just ridiculous.

• Love 6

The only thing Thomas got right today was his statement that he is surrounded by stupid people. Gee Thomas, what woman doesn’t want to sleep with her husband on their wedding night? The mentally unstable woman you manipulated into a quickie marriage  

I’m glad Liam and Wyatt are now on to the trail of lies. As much as I hope Flo confesses to Wyatt, I think she’s going to hold off yet again. At least Wyatt knows she’s been lying about something. 

• Love 10

Ok, I bit my lip about the baby switch, Raggedy being brain dead, Lurch being a deranged stalker murderer, Douglas being coerced into proposing to Raggedy, Raggedy actually marring Douglas not Lurch but TIIC have now really crossed the red line in Lurch getting Douglas to tell Raggedy to “sleep” with his father.  FUCK TIIC to once again weaponize a sweet little naive boy. 

Raggedy, why are you so afraid to tell Lurch you don’t want to have sex because you can’t risk getting pregnant?  The same for Flo in not coming clean with Wyatt. You are more likely now to loose Wyatt if you don’t tell him the truth than you would if you tell him. While your at it, tell Wyatt about Lurch’s threats and the possibility of Lurch being responsible for Emma’s death.  Wyatt and Liam will protect Flo and take turns bitch slapping Lurch.  

Did Raggedy actually hear Douglas or was she imagining him yelling for mommy. I submit that Raggedy was too far away to hear him.  

• Love 2