Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Okay, after today I'm officially Fucking Done with Hope too. Dear God, do you think he was going to stay on the shelf forever? THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED, YOU IDIOT. She still doesn't deserve Thomas though.

I realize JMW is probably nursing which is why the girls were standing up, but damn they could have found a more flattering top for Steffy to wear 

• Love 8
(edited)

Which Steffy actually pointed out to them, but that didn't stop Ridge and Thomas from celebrating that Liam and Steffy had sex or even shut them up for two seconds.  I'll telling you when Steffy is the one making sense, well, that's like Brooke making sense.

I know this won't happen, but I want Steffy to run into Vinnie, find out the truth, drag Vinnie down to the police station, and then for Steffy to tell everyone what she found out and that Thomas is being arrested.

Then Xander finally tells the truth about Phoebe/Beth, and Zoe and Flo join Thomas in prison.  I wonder if they will ever find out the truth about Emma's death?

That's what at least three felonies, and they are all still walking around free and clear getting what they want?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I just noticed today that Thomas has a wonky eye, just like Hope. They're made for each other! They can get married and have wonky-eyed kids! 😼

Steffy should've just sent out a group text to let the world know she and Liam fcuked last night. She's probably already changed her status on FacePlace.

"Honey. I'm home!" Thomas is a pig. He just lets himself into Hope's home now without even knocking. That'll be trouble for sure.

they could have found a more flattering top for Steffy to wear 

I am 100% confident JMW made that wardrobe decision. I think she seems very much to want to be seen as having the most bangin' body on B&B.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I just noticed today that Thomas has a wonky eye, just like Hope. They're made for each other! They can get married and have wonky-eyed kids! 😼

Steffy should've just sent out a group text to let the world know she and Liam fcuked last night. She's probably already changed her status on FacePlace.

"Honey. I'm home!" Thomas is a pig. He just lets himself into Hope's home now without even knocking. That'll be trouble for sure.

I am 100% confident JMW made that wardrobe decision. I think she seems very much to want to be seen as having the most bangin' body on B&B.

I couldn’t agree more! So very well said!!

• Love 2

You know, the more I think about that confrontation between Liam and Tomass today, the more I wonder why Dope didn’t stand up and throw their sorry asses out of her house. She stood there like a little sad mouse unable to take care of herself-waa, waa, waa. I guess she checks her bank account every week when that paycheck gets deposited and says to herself “ I can hold on, I can hold on, I can hold on”.

• Love 1

Well, one positive thing today was that I bought Steffy's confidence for once. No doubt she is thirsty but hoe habits die hard.

I still prefer she just move on from the Spencer gene pool and to another guy entirely. Eric III is still out there floating around with ties to Deacon and Hope, no? 

1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

You know, the more I think about that confrontation between Liam and Tomass today, the more I wonder why Dope didn’t stand up and throw their sorry asses out of her house. She stood there like a little sad mouse unable to take care of herself-waa, waa, waa. I guess she checks her bank account every week when that paycheck gets deposited and says to herself “ I can hold on, I can hold on, I can hold on”.

Because women are allowed no agency in their own stories. Not hope and not even Steffy really. And any woman that does show a shread of decency and a backbone gets made out to be psychotic, desperate or both.

• Love 9

Raggedy has just elevated herself to a total and complete ass hole. Raggedy is now on Lurch’s level of being utterly delusional.  Today, more than ever, I wanted to reach through my TV screen and ring Lurch’s neck.  Lurch can’t act so I have concluded that Lurch is a natural ass hole. 

Raggedy, Liam didn’t move on without a giant push from you.  

What is on Ridges face. It looks like he ate a cat.  How many daughter tell their fathers that they played hide the salami. 

Can someone please explain to me why nobody has told Raggedy that you don’t have to marry Lurch to be with Douglas. Raggedy only lives a stone’s through from the main house. Caroline and Lurch weren’t married but they were able to co-parent.

• Love 3

I just can't with this show any more. Watching (the little bits that I actually do watch) just makes me angry. I am done with watching Hope's never ending misery- mostly self-inflicted from a bad case of martyr syndrome & guilt for the supposed death of her baby. I am done watching Liam & Hope suffer thinking what they are trying to do  is "the right thing". ⁉️ I am repulsed by the fact that Thomas is such a complete miserable sleazy nasty self-absorbed murderous bastard who seems to always have the upper hand.

I am sick of watching the trio of idiots Flo/Zo & Xander talk about how they can  never ever tell anyone else-especially Hope/Liam The Secret™

I am to the point that I just don't care. No matter how or when the dead/not dead baby lie comes out, it will never make up for all the suffering & misery we've seen Hope/Liam go through. It won't make up for the misery even Steffy will have to go through to lose a child she thinks of as hers.

This is a horrible way to treat faithful viewers. There is no good ending...no happy ending. I am convinced the writers are simply a bunch of sick twisted ________s (fill in the blank).

Enough.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, RedRockRosie said:

I just can't with this show any more. Watching (the little bits that I actually do watch) just makes me angry. I am done with watching Hope's never ending misery- mostly self-inflicted from a bad case of martyr syndrome & guilt for the supposed death of her baby. I am done watching Liam & Hope suffer thinking what they are trying to do  is "the right thing". ⁉️ I am repulsed by the fact that Thomas is such a complete miserable sleazy nasty self-absorbed murderous bastard who seems to always have the upper hand.

I am sick of watching the trio of idiots Flo/Zo & Xander talk about how they can  never ever tell anyone else-especially Hope/Liam The Secret™

I am to the point that I just don't care. No matter how or when the dead/not dead baby lie comes out, it will never make up for all the suffering & misery we've seen Hope/Liam go through. It won't make up for the misery even Steffy will have to go through to lose a child she thinks of as hers.

This is a horrible way to treat faithful viewers. There is no good ending...no happy ending. I am convinced the writers are simply a bunch of sick twisted ________s (fill in the blank).

Enough.

Very well said.  I can't believe how this story has been handled.  Why does Hope always have to be the one that suffers?  Her baby was taken in the most cruel way possible.  Why can't she at least have the comfort of the husband she loves AND WHO LOVES HER?  Why couldn't Liam and Hope be allowed to work out their pain and grief together?  Liam didn't want to leave Hope.  I'm positive that he doesn't want Hauxdi. 

But Bell had to write this story so that HOPE is the bad guy and everyone is talking about how awful she is.  Tearing down Hope in this way is the only way he can make Hauxdi look good.

Bell knows which side his bread is buttered and he knows that Hauxdilox has a huge and vocal fanbase.  He had to find a way to redeem a woman who fucked her husband's father and then went home and lied to her husband's face and actually renewed her wedding vows that night.  Then she had to get a paternity test because she wasn't sure who the father of her child was.  Hauxdilox has gone so far as to BUY a baby in an attempt to drag Liam back into her bed.

Now every vile and hateful thing that Hauxdilox has done is forgotten and Hope is the bad guy.  Even the shit Hauxdi pulled on HER OWN BROTHER is swept under the rug.  Thomas and Sally might be working together and living a happy life if it wasn't for Bill's lie, enthusiastically backed up by Hauxdilox because Sally was dirt under her feet and didn't deserve A FORRESTER.  As if the Taytots are Forresters.  Maybe being forced to give Sally up and get back with Caroline pushed Thomas to the dark side. Who knows?

Hauxdilox NEVER pays.  Brooke is condemned for things she did decades ago but Brooke has paid over and over again for the things she's done.  Hauxdilox never does.  She killed Ally, almost killed Ivy, stomped all over Wyatt's heart.  She had to FUCK LIAM'S FATHER before he was allowed to kick her to the curb like the trash she is.  And now that's all forgotten.

Bell is going to shove Hope into the arms of a monster, a killer and a predator.  That way, it won't matter what anybody else has done.  It won't matter that Hauxdi fucked her father in law because Hope fucking Thomas will be MUCH MUCH worse.

If and when Hope finally finds out that Phobeth is her child, she's going to be the monster for having the nerve to want her child.  And she's going to be raked over the coals for wanting to give her marriage another try.  The same people who knew about the theft and trafficking of her child will probably be the first to condemn her.  I'll bet Shady Brady will lead the chorus and will get off scot-free because HOW DARE HOPE WANT HER CHILD BACK!!!!

All this to prop up Hauxdilox.  Because Hauxdi NEVER pays.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Today's show made me feel simultaneously angry AND bored ... which is quite a feat for writers and actors to pull off.

Bored because I am weary of hearing the same circular arguments day in and day out from Hope. I'm convinced that's she's truly lost her fucking mind altogether. She was making zero sense today and came across as being completely bonkers because she kept flip-flopping her stance. She was angry, jealous and hurt that Liam and Steffy slept together, although in the next indignant breath, she said that was what she wanted. If she had taken one moment to consider anybody's anguish but her own, Liam made it pretty clear that he didn't intend to sleep with Steffy, wasn't sure how it even happened and regretted it. He believes that he simply had way too much to drink and that is what happened. But Hope was having none of that and didn't even listen. 

Hope is so deafened by the ME-ME-ME chatter in her head that what Liam was telling her didn't even register. Then she said she loved him and wanted to be with him, to which Liam agreed and said he shouldn't have agreed to the annulment. Hope was YES, YES, YES, then the next moment, was hissing that Liam needed to go back to Steffy where "he belongs."

Thus, Hope's self-fulfilling prophecy has come full circle. Be careful what you ask for is the cautionary tale here. 

I do feel sorry for Liam. I honestly don't know what more he can say and do to convince Hope that he loves her and only her.  Let's say for the sake of argument that Beth really and truly died. The explanation for her "death" sounds like a rare, albeit unfortunate true occurrence. How is that Hope's fault at all? She's not a failure as a mother in any way.

Of course, Thomas just walking in to Hope's home announcing, "Honey, I'm home," (WTF anyway?) didn't help matters. 

Then we have Steffy who couldn't wipe the shit-eating grin off of her face as she proudly confirmed to Sludge* of all people, that yes, she and Liam finally slept together. And speaking of, who is dressing JMW these days? The oddly cut boob-forward tops wouldn't flatter a woman of any size of shape, unless maybe on Kelly, so I don't get that. The not-quite crop length front and the longer back only serve to accentuate JMW's swayback posture. When paired with the Daisy Duke's she looks really trashy. And yes, the latest wig is reminiscent of Raquel Welch in One Million Years B.C. The entire look screams, "Coming to the Nearest Bar Stool." (or truck stop.)

I am angry because I have had it with Hope. I honestly don't care what happens to her and don't care if she gets Beth back or not.  At this point, she really needs intensive inpatient treatment for an extended length of time, grief support, counseling and couples therapy with Liam, plus LOTS of medication.  Just get her whiny, martyring, self-righteous, sobbing ass off my screen. 

I am also angry because once again, it looks like Hauxdi is going to walk away with everything with no consequences. If Liam wasn't such a spineless rudderless ship, he would have found his own place to live (and a job) and spend time with Steffy and the girls on his terms. As it is now, Steffy has a full-time, free, live-in nanny, I guess now with "benefits." And, a reminder to Hope, Sludge, Thomas et al, Liam is NOT Phobeth's father until the truth is revealed, so stop laying that false guilt trip on him. 

*I actually thought that Sludge looked about the best he ever has today and that is saying a lot coming from me, who doesn't find him the least bit attractive. I know he tried the longer hair when he first came on the show, but this time it looks much better (not greasy) and the color is more natural. I also don't mind the stubble. He just looks different. A bit of weight loss, maybe? And his tan actually looks real. Still, the less I see of him, the better.

In closing this rant, it must be so draining for AN and SC to go to work every day. I don't see how they are able to keep up their A game on most days. That scene between the two of them that took up the second half of the show was very good, despite the subject matter.  I hope that they have a lot of fun between scenes and after hours. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Very well said.  I can't believe how this story has been handled.  Why does Hope always have to be the one that suffers?  Her baby was taken in the most cruel way possible.  Why can't she at least have the comfort of the husband she loves AND WHO LOVES HER?  Why couldn't Liam and Hope be allowed to work out their pain and grief together?  Liam didn't want to leave Hope. 

Thank you mightysparrow...I think your post sums it all up quite well.

But Bell had to write this story so that HOPE is the bad guy and everyone is talking about how awful she is.  Tearing down Hope in this way is the only way he can make Hauxdi look good.

I just don't see Hope as the bad guy considering how she is completely lost, suffering & just trying to make sense of a traumatic experience. Have people forgotten Thomas's role in urging Hope to give Steffy her family back since she, Hope, now doesn't have a family according to him? Just plain cruel. Hope may have come up with the bad idea of cutting Liam loose but everyone else has also jumped on that bandwagon urging her on. Poor misguided thing really believes she is helping the girls.

If and when Hope finally finds out that Phobeth is her child, she's going to be the monster for having the nerve to want her child.  And she's going to be raked over the coals for wanting to give her marriage another try. 

Yup.

All this to prop up Hauxdilox.  Because Hauxdi NEVER pays.

Yup again...sad but true.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

The oddly cut boob-forward tops wouldn't flatter a woman of any size of shape, unless maybe on Kelly, so I don't get that.

Awesome post, @CharlizeCat but the reference above had me stumped, who do you mean by Kelly?

13 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Enough.

This sums it up exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3

I don't think tearing down one character ever makes another character look good.  You just end up with a show full of selfish jackasses.

There was a good way to write this SL, and Brad Bell and the writers failed completely.

I'm going to give Liam, Steffy, and Hope the benefit of the doubt, and say Liam loves Hope, Liam cares about or maybe loves Steffy a little, Hopes loves Liam, and Steffy loves Liam.  However, they are very immature when it comes to relationships.  Relationships take effort, it's not always smooth sailing, and how you deal with those problems determine whether or not you can make it in the long haul.

Unfortunately, TPTB prefer always breaking a couple up to letting them work through their issues.  So we get SLs of people running away, running to another person, ending the relationship and telling the other person to go be with someone else, cheating, or on a good day, all of the above.

These kind of SLs might work for teenagers or the young 20 year olds, but at a certain point soaps used to move the characters into more mature SLs because when you don't the characters start to look like pathetic jokes.  Just contrast early Taylor with current Taylor.  Killing Taylor off was kinder than what they've done to her since she returned from the dead.

• Love 7

I need this to be wrapped up with a Flo/Wyatt and Hope/Thomas double wedding where just after they are pronounced man and wife, the truth is outed in front of everyone and all hell breaks loose. Xander should confront Thomas and Flo one last time and get their asses on tape talking about it all including Xander’s suspicion that Thomas killed Emma and threaten that if they go through with the weddings he’ll make them regret it. Thomas makes a play to silence Xander but unknown to him Xander  gave a tape to Zoe and instructs that if anything happens to him to play it to protect herself. When Xander goes missing she realizes Thomas really is crazy and then plays it at the wedding or reception for all to hear. 

When this blows open, it needs to blow big.

Also I know it’ll never happen as neither Hope nor Steffy deserve to lose their kids, but Liam should pack up his kids and move out of town because his life has sucked ever since he found Bill. 

As much as Hope sucks right now, AN is rocking the hell out of the part. It’s too bad there are only four soaps because she really could’ve made a killing on multiple soaps. Hope it’s not too late for her to go to prime time because she’s got some chops.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

If Liam wasn't such a spineless rudderless ship, he would have found his own place to live (and a job) 

Speaking of which, when’s the last time we’ve seen Liam work? The last time I can recall him even mentioning work was when he resigned from SP after $Bill schlupped Steffy which was....what, a year and a half ago? Going on two years. Ye Gods, it’s like Bell knows nothing about LA women and he grew up there. Such a spineless lame asshole would be raked past the coals at best.

16 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Today's show made me feel simultaneously angry AND bored ... which is quite a feat for writers and actors to pull off.

I won’t quote the entire post for brevity, but you nailed all of it. Irritated as I am with Hope, she isn’t the bad guy in this. As Tigerlynx said, trashing one character to prop another makes all the parties look selfish. That’s a thing I see angry shippers do in fanfiction when canon tanks their pairing and even the majority of them grow out of that.

how hard would it have been to make Steffy true sorry for the horrible shit she’s done? Have her own the insecurity that contributed to her sleeping with Bill and how horrible it was to break up Tally like she did for no reason. Thomas is horrible in his own right but as your post said, it doesn’t erase what she did to him (which of course will now be handwaved and never mentioned again).

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

These kind of SLs might work for teenagers or the young 20 year olds, b

Honestly, I’ve seen teen characters with way better stories than any of these three stooges have ever gotten. I think of ATWT, where the under 21 crowd were often the only thing worth watching the last five years—Gwen with her music career, Casey who was bordering on trouble with gambling, Luke and Noah and the depiction of young gay relationships that hasn’t aged well in places, but was heads and shoulders above the abuse Lily and Holden continually lobbed at one another.

Or even twenty years ago when Rick and Bridget were coming into their own. All the kids-them, Deacon, Amber and CJ—all had enough agency to be interesting in their own right. Can anyone really say that about Liam even after all this time?

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Killing Taylor off was kinder than what they've done to her since she returned from the dead.

It really was. At least in 2002, there was still a good number of fans who believed that crap that she was “good, virtuous” woman and she could have died a hero. Instead, she’s a sad she’ll of herself and more desperate than Brooke ever was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Oh, please. Douglass pulls a honking diamond ring out of his pocket to propose to Hope for his dad and Tomass just shrugs his shoulders like he had no idea that Douglass was going to do that or where he got that ring or anything else. I cannot wait for someone, anyone to shoot that bastard down in the street and then run over his body.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Oh, please. Douglass pulls a honking diamond ring out of his pocket to propose to Hope for his dad and Tomass just shrugs his shoulders like he had no idea that Douglass was going to do that or where he got that ring or anything else. I cannot wait for someone, anyone to shoot that bastard down in the street and then run over his body.

To be fair, the Forrester family probably has so many engagement rings from all the various marriages, it’s possible Thomas grabbed one out of a toy chest for all they know 😂

but no, for real something should’ve gone off in Hope’s head. It’s not like Thomass has been subtle about his intentions.

I feel so very sorry for Douglas from the way he was conceived to losing his mom and now being a prop in his daddy’s insanity. And the worst part of this is by the time Douglas is SORASed to a teenager two years from now, he’s going to be another whiny Forrester brat singing his dad’s praises who will be shilling for Thomass’ next unfortunate victim. We won’t get a scene like the one Erica gave Sheila when after she realized she’d been groomed and lied to her whole life, tells her “My name is Mary” and disown him and rebel from everything associated with him.

Theres a much better setup for angst than even Hope should have had, but at best, it’ll be used for sympathy points with the two suckers who will waste the best years of their lives fighting for his affections. Better hope Douglas ends up gay so Thomass won’t pull a misunderstanding with *his* love interests. 👀

• Love 7
(edited)

Another day and Thomas Lurch is still alive which proves it very hard to kill a cockroach.  

Raggedy, you are becoming more of a ping pong ball than Liam. You want Liam but you want him to be with Stuffy. You love Liam but you don’t want to make love to him and you don’t want him to make love either.  

Raggedy, how blind are you that you cannot see Lurch’s manipulation. Douglas proposed with a very expensive engagement ring and Lurch acts like he knows nothing about it.  Fuck Lurch!  

Lurch is not only playing on Raggedy’s emitions he’s playing on Douglas’ emotions.  That’s Lurch’s second most  reprehensible act. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Ugh, AFAIC, not only does Thomas need to die, Hope needs to be the one who kills him when the whole truth comes out.

How would Douglas know there was anything special about that ring? He's what, four? What kid his age would gasp at fine jewelry, particularly a little boy?

Why is Liam calling himself Phoebe's daddy? Why? He and Steffy aren't even married. It's so stupid. 😡😡😡😡

Putting his treatment of Hope aside, surely no one is okay with the way Thomas is using an innocent child to perpetrate his schemes. He is awful and I'm sick for little Douglas. One day Douglas will realize what his father did to him.

Babies don't get frightened by fireworks?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Lurch is not only playing on Raggedy’s emitions he’s playing on Douglas’ emotions.  That’s Lurch’s second most  reprehensible act. 

Honestly, that’s top of the list. A child has no understand and can’t say no. Hope is just being wilfully blind, only listening to the chattering monkeys in her head. Despite what I said earlier about her not being a villain, she is still aggravating as fuck to watch and is a grown ass adult.

Using children for grown folks business is unforgivable.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Honestly, that’s top of the list. A child has no understand and can’t say no. Hope is just being wilfully blind, only listening to the chattering monkeys in her head. Despite what I said earlier about her not being a villain, she is still aggravating as fuck to watch and is a grown ass adult.

Using children for grown folks business is unforgivable.

I agree with this a thousand times over. That little boy has been through enough already. His father should be hung from the nearest tree at dawn. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Here's a bit of history the writers forgot. Hope was born on Fourth of July. She was delivered in the Big Bear cabin by Jennifer Finnigan Bridget and Stephanie. As soon as mother and baby were OK, Bridget high-tailed it back to L.A. and threw Deacon out of the house. During the night, fireworks were in full play and Bridget mentioned it was the Fourth of July -- her personal "Independence Day."

So, instead, the writers have now made it the anniversary of Hope's pregnancy announcement to Liam.

Enjoy!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I mean one of those lo-hi tops like Steffy has been wearing might look cute on a toddler because they sure don't flatter adult women. 😂

That's hilarious, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out who Kelly is!

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ugh, AFAIC, not only does Thomas need to die, Hope needs to be the one who kills him when the whole truth comes out.

Unlike last year's lame 'Who Shot Bill' storyline, Thomas is very ripe for a good 'Who shot Thomas' storyline as once the truth comes out everyone but Pam will have a legit reason to want him dead. Even Steffy and Ridge I could see being suspects as Ridge has had his encounters with Thomas where if things had gone another way 'accidents' could happen.

If they really want to up the angst, Liam will be the one put on trial thinking he's protecting Hope as Hope won't remember what happened that night. Liam feels he owes Hope for all her angst and he'd never want her separated from Beth ever again. Bill will have his angst of losing Liam but Liam will beg Bill to take care of Hope and Beth for him and they'll be square over the Steffy crap.

In the end it'll be Dr. Wayne Shady avenging his daughter Zoe who Thomas was mean to/threatened.  Then once he's carted away, Thomas will awaken with no memory of all the crap he pulled throwing everyone off. He'll be sincerely sorry for what he did and want to make amends and people will rightfully be wary until finally they cave and say he got a second chance at life and deserves a second chance with them. And then it'll be revealed that Thomas knows all the shit he did and is playing everyone and is now trying to manipulate things as the 'reborn' Thomas. 

Evil shady Thomas could play longer term if the show plays its cards right.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Here's a bit of history the writers forgot. Hope was born on Fourth of July. She was delivered in the Big Bear cabin by Jennifer Finnigan Bridget and Stephanie. As soon as mother and baby were OK, Bridget high-tailed it back to L.A. and threw Deacon out of the house. During the night, fireworks were in full play and Bridget mentioned it was the Fourth of July -- her personal "Independence Day."

So, instead, the writers have now made it the anniversary of Hope's pregnancy announcement to Liam.

Enjoy!

Wow!  Remember when The Bold and the Beautiful was GOOD!

Thanks for the reminder @CharlizeCat

• Love 3

Oh goody, Xander, Zoe and the never ending conversation is back.  You aren't these kind of people Xander?  Apparently, you are.  Because if you weren't, Hope and Liam would know the truth by now.

Is Xander going to go see Thomas?  This is the time to step up to the plate Thomas, kill Xander, and then maybe Zoe and Flo will go running to the police to save their own asses since that is all they really care about.  Then the three of you can share a jail cell in prison.

As if the conversations between Steffy/Thomas and Steffy/Ridge weren't bad enough, now Liam and Brooke are talking about the Liam/Steffy sex, and how it effects Hope {my poor ears}.

Brooke, you getting all judgmental about single Liam, who Hope demanded an annulment from, having sex with Steffy is beyond hypocritical.  Please let lightening strike this worthless selfish woman.  "I understand you were drinking."  Really you stupid twit?  Were you drinking the night you had sex with Bridget's husband, or the other times you fucked Deacon?  You are still one of the most despicable characters on this show.

Come on, Hope, even you can't be this stupid.  Thomas isn't even subtle about it.  Everything about this guy screams danger sociopath.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

So Liam and Steffy and the kids are watching fireworks, and then Liam leaves to go talk to Brooke about Hope.  Meanwhile Ridge goes to visit Steffy and the kids.  And Zander and Zoe are at the office.  What time do they do fireworks in LA?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I wonder how Ridge is going to excuse his son’s deceptions and manipulations when he finds out that Tomass knew about Beth. He lied to Hope, Steffy, Liam, Brooke, Ridge and everyone else in town. And what about that poor little Douglas? Ridge can’t see what a monster Tomass is so how is he going to excuse his behavior?

• Love 5

Whoa, Zoe doesn't have a fivehead, she has a sixseveneighthead. 😽 Liked her necklace though.

Xander is right. He, Zoe, and Flo are now likely accessories to vehicular manslaughter. That on top of kidnapping is next level. Zoe and Flo are delusional to think they'll get away with the coverup indefinitely. Their potential liability gets worse by the day.

Brooke, have you met Liam before? He put Hope's engagement ring on Steffy while it was still warm. Thoughful hesitation is not Liam's forte, even when he hasn't been drugged.

Heh, out of the mouths of babes. You go, Douglas. Spill all the dirt to Grandma Brooke.

I HATE THOMAS SO MUCH!!!!! How is marrying someone who doesn't love you best for "the children"? FFS, since when Hope this naive not to see through what Thomas is doing?

• Love 10

Light bulbs are going off all over the place but it will still be, at least, until the end of the month for this story line to be resolved.  It’s like the dance of the sloths.

I spy with my little eye Lurch going after Emma. Next I would drop Uncle Justin an innuendo knowing about Lurch’s argument with Emma. Let Justin investigate and get to the bottom of Emma’s death. I would love to see Justin put the fear of god in Lurch. 

• Love 6

According to Bill Bell himself (SOD interview)...

“Our heroine is in the clutches of our villain and as much as we may think Douglas needs a mother, which he does, and Thomas needs someone to love, there is no rooting interest in them,” he said.

Then FFS why would anyone want to watch this dreck?

Bell’s message to fans is this: “We have an incredible payoff for this story that is one the audience won’t want to miss. It’s a thriller, it’s a love story, there’s all the great dynamics for a compelling edge-of-your-seat drama.”

😖⁉️⁉️‼️⁉️🤯

This man is delusional. I have zero interest in watching a grieving mother being endlessly victimized by a manipulative evil bastard who even caused the death of an innocent girl...using his (adorable) son in the process. That is twisted.

“It will be worth watching and one for the history books,” he added.

Somehow I doubt it will go down in the "history books" the way he thinks it will.🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Were you drinking the night you had sex with Bridget's husband, or the other times you fucked Deacon? 

Don't forget the night she boinked Oliver, thinking it was Ridge, at Hope's party. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It’s like the dance of the sloths.

Priceless!!!

22 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:

Don't forget the night she boinked Oliver, thinking it was Ridge, at Hope's party. 😁

I haven't, and I have no doubt if Ridge was still married to Taylor, Brooke would still be chasing him.  I also don't doubt that Brooke would stab Bridget in the back again without giving it a seconds thought because that is who Brooke is, has always been, and will always be.

“Our heroine is in the clutches of our villain and as much as we may think Douglas needs a mother, which he does, and Thomas needs someone to love, there is no rooting interest in them,” he said.

Well duh, seems redundant, but is this idiot serious.  Does he really think he's telling us anything we haven't already figured out for ourselves?

Also, Hope isn't exactly a heroine in this SL.  She might have started out that way, but her treatment of Liam has been pretty lousy.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

It will be worth watching and one for the history books,” he added.

Somehow I doubt it will go down in the "history books" the way he thinks it will.🤔

Unless something happens to Steffy and Hope gets to raise both girls, I don't see anything epic or historic going down.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Come on, Hope, even you can't be this stupid.  Thomas isn't even subtle about it.  Everything about this guy screams danger sociopath.

At least she brought up the question about how the hell a 5 to 7 year old got a hold of a whole ass diamond ring (one of the best ones I've seen on B&B in a while, too bad it's being wasted here!) and how he learned what a proposal was. It's a start.

6 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I spy with my little eye Lurch going after Emma. Next I would drop Uncle Justin an innuendo knowing about Lurch’s argument with Emma. Let Justin investigate and get to the bottom of Emma’s death. I would love to see Justin put the fear of god in Lurch. 

I will be pissed if Justin isn't brought in to help solve this mystery. She was his niece and the junior squad just don't have the chops. I hope the show never puts Charlie and Xander in the same scene ever again cuz WOW what a MasterClass in acting that was today! 

I don't know who told Bell any aspect of this story was a good idea. B&B has its niche that miraculously worked to make B&B the most watched soap opera in the world. It doesn't need to out-Passions Passions or dip into the ABC soap well. Add to the same script being used for six months and you've got a story that put off a bigger part of fandom than the one where Ridge feel for his sister/daughter. Just...Ridget has been the litmus tests to which every bad story since 2003 has been measured against and now they've set a record. I can't even.

• Love 10

It's to bad this SL was so poorly written because the irony of Brooke, of all people, thinking Ridge's son, Stephanie's grandson, is not good enough for her daughter is all kinds of hilarious.  Stephanie must be alternately turning over in her grave and cackling with glee about Brooke finding herself in this situation.  It would also be better if they had been a little more subtle with Thomas instead of having him practically flashing neon with "Hey I'm the bad guy."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It doesn't need to out-Passions Passions or dip into the ABC soap well.

I get the Passions reference but not the ABC one, at least not as far as B&B is concerned. Please to be explaining? 😊

“It will be worth watching and one for the history books,” he added.

Sure, the "twisted history" books. Or the "drunk history" books. And I think it's guaranteed to be on top ten lists of the most terrible soap opera storylines in the history of soaps.

• Love 1

I have been amused at how careful everyone has been to say “Hope is ending her marriage” rather than “She’s getting a divorce”. What’s so awful about getting a divorce? Almost everyone on this show has done that multiple times but Hope is too goody good to actually get one? Oh, please.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

According to Bill Bell himself (SOD interview)...

Then FFS why would anyone want to watch this dreck?

I’m actually intrigued and impressed that he referred to Thomas as a villain and not simply an antagonist. They’re at least not sugarcoating Thomas’s actions for the moment but that’s still pretty heavy language describing the first son of the first son of the core family of the show. Marrone blood or not, Thomas is a next gen Forrester prince and is usually the de facto next gen male lead. Looks like after PF, the show was like ‘screw it’ and decided to go whole hog on Thomas embracing his darker tendencies and be a true villain. Wonder if they’ll see it through to the end. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I get the Passions reference but not the ABC one, at least not as far as B&B is concerned. Please to be explaining? 😊

From my understanding, the ABC shows (particularly GH) lean a lot more on crime stories and borderline rapey stories moreso that Bell's shows ever did. I've only watched bits and pieces of those, so I may be mistaken.

B&B was a unique thing that should be on doing its own thing IMO. Bring back the PSAs and the camp humor and fluff! That's what B&B's good at! Preferably, that would come with some retooling on the ToD and maybe getting some new industries focused on because you've got Liam with no job and supposedly a tech wiz. 

I know I've said "This is going to ruin B&B" to a lot of stories over the years, but this is the first time I think that this will leave some true lasting damage.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

From my understanding, the ABC shows (particularly GH) lean a lot more on crime stories and borderline rapey stories moreso that Bell's shows ever did. I've only watched bits and pieces of those, so I may be mistaken.

B&B was a unique thing that should be on doing its own thing IMO. Bring back the PSAs and the camp humor and fluff! That's what B&B's good at! Preferably, that would come with some retooling on the ToD and maybe getting some new industries focused on because you've got Liam with no job and supposedly a tech wiz. 

I know I've said "This is going to ruin B&B" to a lot of stories over the years, but this is the first time I think that this will leave some true lasting damage.

I totally agree. This story line is so awful and has been drawn out for soooooooo loooooonnnnngggg that even the few loyal viewers left have given up. I’ve been insulted for the last time by these writers. I don’t watch anymore— I just read the snark here.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've never watched GH so I can't speak to that show though I have a vague understanding that a gangster godfather type is a long-running lead character so I guess crime has been a big part of its history. OLTL did do some crime stuff because they also had lead characters who were in law enforcement or were lawyers. However, the show was mostly about class struggles which eventually included intercultural clashes. They had some rape storylines that I can recall but I don't think the showrunners were ever cagey about it. It was clear that they intended the viewers to understand what they were seeing was sexual assault.

AMC was run for decades by the late, great Agnes Nixon and she never shied away from calling a thing exactly what it was. There were clear crime storylines and sexual assault storylines but generally they were in the service of bigger social issues like mental illness or poverty. Thorsten Kaye (now our guy Ridge) in fact played a shady businessman who was assumed to have organized crime connections. He did a lot of straight up criminal stuff and usually it was just his macho b.s. and male pride that drove it. By that point Agnes was less involved in the day to day story development; Kaye's character was part of a supercouple and he skated largely on fan popularity.

I only started watching B&B a few years ago, but I've watched Y&R off and on since the beginning and fairly constantly over the last couple decades or so. It's not doing gratuitous rape storylines anymore but pretty much all the lead characters starting with Victor on down are all about self-justified criming for which they rarely receive punishment. (At least not punishment commensurate with the crimes. E.g., Victor went to prison but he got to "date" the prison doctor because she was just no match for his virility. KMN.)

This thing B&B is doing being cagey about rape seems like something unique to me, and because of the way they keep doing it, I imagine the issue is perhaps a real life one for someone in the Bell family. They seem to be determined to muddy the waters of what is and isn't actually rape and I remain concerned that younger, more impressionable viewers are being taken in by it. Meanwhile, the other crimes B&B characters commit are treated like jokes IMO unless the characters in question are not legacy or attached to legacy characters. No one is ever really punished unless they suffer some health crisis for a while so they can regain sympathy.

I agree and think B&B should stick with more campy and relatively light-hearted stuff and stay away from these serious issues that IMO they're handling more and more badly.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

OK -- one for the history books: 

1.  Sludge is killed taking down PsychoCreepyTom? 
2.  Taylor is killed doing the same?
3.  Justin or Bill? (No. Just no)
4.  Brooke is seriously hurt helping save Hope?
5.  Carowhine isn't dead, shows up and PCTom goes BSC insane screaming 'I killed you, I killed you. I saw you die. You're dead. You're dead'-- and Liam rescues Hope?
6.  Flo redeems herself saving Hope and dies?
7.  Zoe redeems herself saving Hope and dies?

And my #1 guess --  At the wedding, Hope balks at marrying PCTom, She is seriously hurt saving Douglas because PCTom threatens to harm D if she doesn't marry him. FloZoe starts to speak, is shot by PCTom and dying tell the Phoebeth truth (about damn time).  PCTom  seriously wounds Sludge while struggling for the gun and Sludge kills his son to stop him hurting Douglas.   Liam and Hope reunite and raise Beth and Douglas.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm not sure Brad Bell really understands what villain means.  Soaps used to have good, bad, nice, mean, etc. characters, and the villains were usually short term REALLY BAD GUYS.  Now all the characters just seemed to be lumped together, and anyone can do anything they want, and it will be forgotten (by the writers) when they move onto the next SL.

They could have had Thomas be a playboy like Ridge, or Tad the Cad on AMC, or Ned on GH.  Have Thomas have a consensual affair with Caroline (no "misunderstanding") that resulted in Douglas and ruining Ridge and Caroline's marriage, and then have Thomas dump Caroline for Sally.  Then Thomas gets bored with Sally, and cheats on her with a model at FC, and Sally dumps Thomas.  Then when Thomas starts sniffing around Hope, Brooke has reason for concern because she doesn't want Hope to be the latest woman Thomas gets bored with and dumps or cheats on.

Currently, Thomas is a murderer which is way worse than being a selfish man-ho.

AMC and OLTL had some characters as police, DAs, etc., and they had SLs about that, but GH was the one who had most of the good spy/police SLs and they managed to involve people at the hospital with them.  That was when Robert Scorpio was the police commissioner, and the police were the good guys.  One of the best twists GH ever did was having Burt Ramsey, a good cop at one time, join the mob.  It was actually a surprise when Burt was revealed to be the mob's guy in the police department.

I stopped watching GH when Sonny, Jason, and Carly ate the show.  Prior to that we would try to figure out what exactly Sonny and Jason did as mobsters because there was a whole long lists of crimes they didn't engage in because - wait for it - they were the good criminals.  At this point, both Sonny and Jason have committed cold blooded murder, but they are still the good criminals.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4