Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Today's ep was the best I've seen in quite some time.  DD and Rena Sofer just carried the whole damn thing.

For all the people who complain about Liam being a whiner, they're correct.  $Bill had to shut down Liam's "Daddy luvs Wyatt more than me" crap.  It was a little sad in a way... it made Liam look really immature.

I can't blame Wyatt for not shutting his mother down.  Hope was getting so thoroughly exposed that he was probably just enjoying the show.  Oh wait, that was me.  Seriously though, he just wanted to hear her response to what his mother was saying.  I keep saying this, but I wish the writers would give Wyatt some backbone.  I was praying he would say, "Neither one of you are worth the trouble" and just bounce.  Instead, he's never going to really punish his mother's behavior and he hangs on for these little (microscopic) morsels of "love" from Hope when it's crystal clear she prefers his brother.

Hope is really the worst.  She had every right to be completely irate with Quinn, yet she was still annoying as heck.

• Love 6

Quinn was awesome today.  She said exactly what we've been saying.  Either Hope is the most irrational immature person alive or she really wanted to go with Wyatt and Liam being late gave her the green light to do so.  Because anyone would think "flights get delayed, traffic sucks" and a dozen or so other reasons that someone could be a little late to meet you in another country, especially when you add in their track record for misunderstandings.  

What Quinn did to Ivy was wrong, but Liam and Hope?  They bring this shit on themselves by reacting irrationally to every little bump in the road. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 8

Do Liam and Wyatt really run around LA with those ridiculous mini-letter openers around their necks? I don't know why but Liam in particular looked so silly to me with that thing on today. He's such a little boy.

Heh, big bad Hope swooped in like she was going to read Quinn like the untranslated version of War and Peace. But, Quinn flipped it and reversed it and read the princess like the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I hate to say this but Quinn should go into politics. That woman can b.s. her way out of anything. She could probably stab Liam on live TV and not one friggin' person would call the cops because she'd convince everyone that he wanted her to do it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12

Is it the writers intention that I absolutely abhor Hope and Wyatt?  If so, mission accomplished.  He's a serious jerk, obviously just rubbing his marriage to Hope in Liam's face, talking about babies, taking Liam's house (!!), etc.  Dude, if you really do care about your brother, or even if you're just not a total sociopath, maybe back off a little, give things time to settle down?  And Hope.. where to begin.  I just don't understand - if you're really not sure which brother you want to marry, maybe just don't marry either of them right now?  Marrying Wyatt isn't going to make all your feelings for Liam disappear, you nitwit.  Although, I don't understand why either of them would be so desperate to marry someone who wasn't sure who she wanted to be with, so I guess they all deserve each other.  But wow, Hope and Wyatt scenes have been especially tough for me to sit through lately.  Just horrible and stupid and immature people.

I haven't missed Ridge the last couple of days.  

• Love 11

OMG, Thank you Quinn for telling Hope off. Quinnsane may be a slice short of a coconut pie, but she ain't wrong about Hope. And I get the sense that her number one priority is Wyatt. So when the Princess of Fail goes back to the Waffle House, she'd be smart to look over her shoulder. And perhaps see if Brooke had any more guns that Stephanie left her.

• Love 7

OMG, Thank you Quinn for telling Hope off. Quinnsane may be a slice short of a coconut pie, but she ain't wrong about Hope. And I get the sense that her number one priority is Wyatt.

This! I loved today's visit to the Quinn Café. Chick may be cuckoo for cocoa puffs, but she was serving hot tea with a side dish of shade. Go, Quinn.

• Love 6

I was yelling out Preach it Quinnsane, everytime Quinn threw down a nugget of truth for Hope to stare vacantly at.  Oh Wyatt, how's it feel to know that you weren't second choice you were just a choice.  If Bill and Quinn got together I'm pretty sure they coulod rule the damn world, they are some smooth talkers!  Politicians and publicists and Fox News could take some lessons.

• Love 5

What an entertaining show yesterday!

How illogical is it that Quinn's logic was logical? That was a proper dressing down she gave the Princess; just like a Tootsie Roll Pop, Quinn sucked away Hope's hard outer shell, exposing her soft candy center, and effectively eating all of Hope's defenses. Not only did she expose Hope as the needy, entitled little girl she is, but she also highlighted Hope's stupid, by making her realize that the circumstances of the decision are irrelevant, because the decision was made regardless of what those were. I also think Quinn was spot on when she said that Hope was looking for an out; a way to escape a doomed romance that Hope had outgrown, but didn't know how to extricate herself from and safe face at the same time. Hope did look a bit shell shocked, although I am unsure if that is because the truth was pointed out, or because she is so used to being worshipped as an "ICON" of all that is good and proper, that she is unable to deal with the reality that she is an earthly person just like the rest of us.

Bill and Liam. Just plain awesome, awesome, awesome! Bill has a way of smacking down Liam's whininess without it coming off as harsh. B&B rarely gets it right, but they landed a goldmine with SC and DD.

One liners of note:

Quinn: "Poison Ivy"

Bill: "She Devil"

Bill: "Who does Daddy love more?"

Bill: "If Hope has an ounce of sense, which is the thing I have always questioned...."

Liam: "This is not the first time Hope has been tricked into a decision that cut me out". (Riiiiight)

Best exchange:

Quinn: "Say Liam was late because of the weather; hypothetically. Would you still be married to Wyatt, and standing here bitterly blaming the weather?"

Hope: "In point of fact I was in Paris to get married; just not to Wyatt"

Wyatt: "Wow"

Quinn: "So.....when Liam didn't show, did you just think who can I marry instead?"

That last scene had my Quilliam meter about ready to bust its top.

• Love 11

Fucking finally!  I'm just glad someone--anyone--stepped to Hopeless and told her some harsh truths about herself.  It amazes me that everyone has been cheerleading her as if jumping into a marriage with someone because the other guy was late is something normal people do. 

It's just like when Caroline blasted Brooke years ago about that damn letter from Ridge.  Caroline even squawked to Stephanie about it.  However, Stephanie was [shockingly] more concerned about Thorne getting hurt if Caroline dumped him for Ridge.  She gently told Caroline that even if Brooke manipulated things to her advantage, she STILL made the choice to go ahead and marry Thorne.  Same situation, different pseudo-saints.  Now, this spoiled, self-indulgent child is looking for a way to get out of the mess she made.  Gee, Hopeless!  Thanks for proving yet again that Bill was right about your lack of maturity all along.  "We wuz robbed," indeed!

If Wynutt and Lame had any sense, they would give each other some dap, laugh in Hopeless' face, and keep walking and never look back.  But, they're so caught up in the competition that they can't see straight.

• Love 10

Quinn: "Say Liam was late because of the weather; hypothetically. Would you still be married to Wyatt, and standing here bitterly blaming the weather?"

Hope: "In point of fact I was in Paris to get married; just not to Wyatt"

Wyatt: "Wow"

Quinn: "So.....when Liam didn't show, did you just think who can I marry instead?"

Wyatt says "Wow" like this was news to him?  Quinn had some great points and I loved that someone pointed out the truth to Dope but too bad it's someone she can easily ignore. Really all Quinn was doing was deflecting from the fact that Ivy could have been killed. But that's not important to Hope, either. lol. At least Wyatt spared a thought for Ivy. It wasn't the weather, it was Quinn and Dope's decision was made after Quinn's interference, was Hope stupid? Yes, but then when is she not?  Liam could have called, Hope could have called, they did not and that's on them. Wyatt rushed a dazed and vulnerable girl child to the altar, minutes after she was supposed to marry the "love of her life" lol and that's on him.

• Love 10

Wyatt says "Wow" like this was news to him?  Quinn had some great points and I loved that someone pointed out the truth to Dope but too bad it's someone she can easily ignore. Really all Quinn was doing was deflecting from the fact that Ivy could have been killed. But that's not important to Hope, either. lol. At least Wyatt spared a thought for Ivy. It wasn't the weather, it was Quinn and Dope's decision was made after Quinn's interference, was Hope stupid? Yes, but then when is she not?  Liam could have called, Hope could have called, they did not and that's on them. Wyatt rushed a dazed and vulnerable girl child to the altar, minutes after she was supposed to marry the "love of her life" lol and that's on him.

That's why I have to give the side eye to Chickenhead's dumb ass when he knew deep down inside that he wasn't Hopeless' first choice.  The fact that his mommy had to implore him over the phone to marry Hope NOW should have told him all he needed to know.

He needs to face some harsh truths about himself also, i.e. the fact that he will willingly take Hopeless any way he can get her no matter the fallout.

Oh, and it appears as if our worst fears have come to pass according to an SOD article, but we all knew this:  

"Hope wants Liam back...but she's pregnant."

Just put me out of my misery now!

• Love 10

Cosigning everyone else on yesterday's show being awesome. Just really good writing all around. There were a couple of times where I looked at the clock and was excited to see we still had 18 or 10 minutes left.

Loved Bill explaining to Liam (and us) why it appears that he favors Wyatt. I had always thought Bill's deferring to Wyatt had more to do with Liam's sensitive personality requiring more harsh feedback. Bill knows Hope has caused Liam endless pain/frustration so of course you want to discourage that relationship. If hope wants Wyatt or anyone but Liam, so be it. But I definitely didn't see Bill actually acting out of deep down concern and pity for Wyatt having a BSC mother. It was cool to see him reveal his real motivation. Also cool to hear him say that he did love Liam's mother.

Also loved Quinn calling out how all of this is Hopes fault. The messenger will undoubtedly overshadow the message, but I'm glad someone said it. People have been avoiding the elephant in the room. Im still marveling at the ridiculousness of the entire show coming together to celebrate Hope and Wyatt as newly weds when everyone there knew she and Liam were a couple mere days before her marrying Wyatt.

Wyatt really left me feeling all over the place yesterday. I generally don't like him(or rather I don't like how he treats Liam) but I always feel bad for him when thinking of his crazy mother. What a horrible role model. I was also pretty upset with him for just now finally taking a moment to see what a doofus he has been chasing all this time. Hope is an idiot. Period. His "wow." yesterday spoke volumes. Like, he really thought Hope used Liam not showing up to follow her heart and really move on from Liam. In actuality it really was as simple as "the thing I wanted didn't get here in time, so I just took the other thing that was nearby instead." He started a marriage with someone who thinks that simplistically. I think(hope) his "wow." was the moment when things start to get more real for Wyatt.

• Love 10

Loved Quinn's entire rant to Hopeless.  The best part was when Wyatt tried asking Hope a question and Quinn shuts him down without turning around to even look at him by saying "she doesn't even realise you are in the room right now".

Beady is a pathetic weak whiner.  Why oh why does Bradley think that this wimp of a man is going to carry the show for the next 20 years?

• Love 3

The best part was when Wyatt tried asking Hope a question and Quinn shuts him down without turning around to even look at him by saying "she doesn't even realise you are in the room right now".

Yes!!! Ish got real in that moment for all involved parties. Thus far Hope hasn't really had to deal with the same Quinn that everyone else on the show has had to deal with. Wyatt wanted Hope so Quinn wanted Hope for Wyatt. Quinn has been hella accomodating of Hope. This was really the first time Quinn gave Hope the "I will cut for this boy and yes that means I will cut you too if needed". Hope thought she was gonna talk down to Quinn like she did Ivy last week. Quinn is a grown ass woman though. She's smarter than you and she will fight you, little girl.

I think both Hope and Wyatt are only now thinking about the binding connections that marriage creates. You've legally joined two families and that means Quinn ain't going anywhere whether physically (seeing her on holidays) or genetically (any potential kids they have).

• Love 9

That's why I have to give the side eye to Chickenhead's dumb ass when he knew deep down inside that he wasn't Hopeless' first choice.  The fact that his mommy had to implore him over the phone to marry Hope NOW should have told him all he needed to know.

He needs to face some harsh truths about himself also, i.e. the fact that he will willingly take Hopeless any way he can get her no matter the fallout.

Oh, and it appears as if our worst fears have come to pass according to an SOD article, but we all knew this:  

"Hope wants Liam back...but she's pregnant."

Just put me out of my misery now!

Peace out!

I agree that Liam and $Bill are great together.  When $Bill said to Liam, I loved your mother, I welled up a little. 

They have the best relationship of any couple on the show. I, too, was moved when Bill said he loved Liam's mother. I think it may have been his way of saying, without saying directly, that he does love Liam more. As others have noted, they have a much deeper relationship. He feels sorry for Wyatt, but he doesn't take the time to have those keeping it real kinds of conversations that he has with Liam. He doesn't even offer him the same kind of sage advice as in "winners can afford to be generous." Something like that should have been said to Wyatt when he walked into Bill's office trying to steal Liam's house.

I wish the show would give up this Dope and Liam storyline. I like Liam and loved him with Stephie. They did stuff and had fun and talked about stuff other than their relationship. He is much better with other women. This constant swirl got tiresome a long time ago.

And as if it hasn't been said enough: Quinsane was awesome yesterday and it's about time somebody told Dope about her idiot self. 

• Love 7
And as if it hasn't been said enough: Quinsane was awesome yesterday and it's about time somebody told Dope about her idiot self.

I know!!!  Can we have more Quinnterventions?  In fact, I'd like to see her redeemed by  coming across Waffles in peril and saving him as proof that her therapy (which would have to be shown on screen) was successful.  She could then reinvent herself as FC's resident life coach.  Quinnyanla, Fix My Life!!

Edited by IOU Payne
  • Love 7

I have two opposing thoughts:

First, talk about something this show does absolutely right.  The relationship between Bill and Liam is perfect.  As others have stated, the idea that these two have real, meaningful conversations is great and is, but shouldn't be, novel.  If every relationship on this show had that kind of depth and ease, it would be a completely different ballgame.  Yesterday's conversation with them was funny - "Sorry, I'm not a great host.  But, then, you're not a great guest." and meaningful - "I loved your mother." $Bill was able to be self-aware - "Do you really want to be obnoxious like me?"  And he was able to impart sage wisdom and advice - "Winners can afford to be gracious."  And Liam's reactions to the father he's only known for a few years were appropriately boyish.  With Bill, Liam occasionally has an unconscious response that's like a young boy listening to his dad.  That is a really well-created relationship.

The opposing thought is this:  The problem I have with Liam, Wyatt and Hope is that they are all children.  Infants, practically.  Ridge, Thorne, Caroline and Brooke were adults when their quadrangle started.  And their manner and behavior was that of adults.  Maybe it's the difference in generations.  Caroline, Ridge and Thorne wore adult clothes and had adult jobs.  Hope wears short-shorts to the office and has a "job" that's amorphous at best.  I can't even remember the last time Liam "worked".  I just don't see how we're supposed to be invested in Liam and Wyatt when they're really just emo boys playing house.  There's nothing at all "manly" about either of them.  And it's long-settled that Hope is an immature, vapid empty vessel.  Maybe they can they be SORASed.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 16

The opposing thought is this:  The problem I have with Liam, Wyatt and Hope is that they are all children.  Infants, practically.  Ridge, Thorne, Caroline and Brooke were adults when their quadrangle started.  And their manner and behavior was that of adults.  Maybe it's the difference in generations.  Caroline, Ridge and Thorne wore adult clothes and had adult jobs.  Hope wears short-shorts to the office and has a "job" that's amorphous at best.  I can't even remember the last time Liam "worked".  I just don't see how we're supposed to be invested in Liam and Wyatt when they're really just emo boys playing house.  There's nothing at all "manly" about either of them.  And it's long-settled that Hope is an immature, vapid empty vessel.  Maybe they can they be SORASed.

Plus, back in the day, the Forrester, Logan and Spencer parents seemed to want their daughters to be well-educated and to have a sense of themselves before marriage.  Kristen and Felicia were both attending school in New York and London, respectively, when the show first aired.  Bill also told Caroline that part of his plan was that she be well-educated, among other things, and that marriage was only a part of the plan.  Even youngsters, Donna and Katie were shown hitting the books and had scenes at the library.

As noted before, Ridge's family had reservations about his suitability as a husband, and Eric attempted to talk to him about the importance of being the type of husband that a young woman like Caroline deserved.  Beth had a talk with Brooke about the career opportunities available to her after she graduated and the importance of having two salaries especially since she was marrying a middle-class guy.

Now?  I can't recall the last time I heard anyone having those kind of ambitions for their children.  Everything is so superficial and everyone acts as if it is normal that a marginally educated girl should have a fabulous wedding every year, along with a position that was handed to her on a silver platter for the most dubious of reasons.  I don't know if it's a function of everyone's parents being fabulously wealthy, but it strikes me as odd that with all the opportunities available to Hope--with no student loan debt to worry about--no one is encouraging her to further her education.   At the very least, get some training as an apprentice in the fashion industry and learn  how clothes are cut on the bias, how fabrics are ordered, etc.  Although Bridget married a grown ass man before she attended her senior prom, she at least attained a medical degree in an accelerated program.  Plus, Rick went to business school.  Steffy spent considerable time being educated abroad, and her mother was a "world renowned" psychiatrist.

These children now expect, and are given, fabulous lifestyles, with million-dollar beach properties in Malibu, remote weddings on yachts and other places, and careers that they clearly did nothing to earn.  It's akin to watching "Our Gang," where Spanky and the gang donned adult clothing to put on shows and were in adult situations.  All this group is doing is playing house on someone else's dime.

• Love 18

Excellent post MulletorHater, I hope the writers at B&B see it.

The only one thing I would add that the B&B of yesterday has that today's B&B doesn't is any mention of class.  Since Day 1 it was clear the Forresters were the haves and the Logans were the have nots.  The Forrester kids could go anywhere to college, the Logans had to go local.  If a character was a have not they were almost instantly rootable.  Now everyone's a have, there's no one to root for.  Wouldn't this awful triangle we're currently suffering through be a little more interesting if one of the guys didn't have a millionaire for a father?

• Love 6
I can't even remember the last time Liam "worked".

Which was why his whole "I don't know if I can get away from work to go to Paris!" whine was ridiculous.  In the time I've been watching this show, I don't think I've seen anyone not be able to do whatever they want because they have to work. 

I wish I had watched back in the day.  I'm sure Stephanie would have worked my last nerve, but I still think I would have loved it. 

• Love 3

I know!!! Can we have more Quinnterventions? In fact, I'd like to see her redeemed by coming across Waffles in peril and saving him as proof that her therapy (which would have to be shown on screen) was successful. She could then reinvent herself as FC's resident life coach. Quinnyanla, Fix My Life!!

She'd put Taylor out of what little business she still has for sure.

• Love 2

I wish I had watched back in the day. I'm sure Stephanie would have worked my last nerve, but I still think I would have loved it.

Look up dee Bap's channel on YouTube. She has about six or so weeks' worth of episodes from 1987 (from May-June ish to July 13th) that deal with the original plot of Eric and Stephanie's failing marriage. Steph is certainly distant and cold and overbearing about Kirsten's lovelife but yet one could sympathize with her losing her husband. The shrillness we're familiar with isn't there at all.

• Love 2

Look up dee Bap's channel on YouTube. She has about six or so weeks' worth of episodes from 1987 (from May-June ish to July 13th) that deal with the original plot of Eric and Stephanie's failing marriage. Steph is certainly distant and cold and overbearing about Kirsten's lovelife but yet one could sympathize with her losing her husband. The shrillness we're familiar with isn't there at all.

Also check out Lorre B's Susan Flannery website - she has about 25 years' worth of SF/Bold clips from her own recordings as well as other fans' tapes. The most detailed collections are the ones from about 1989-1996, and then again from 2006-2012. This is where I've done all of my research into the show and collected the bulk of my Eric/JMC clips from. I think it's an invaluable resource for Bold fans all round, not just for SF/Stephanie fans. 

it strikes me as odd that with all the opportunities available to Hope--with no student loan debt to worry about--no one is encouraging her to further her education.

Brooke in particular - as pointed out above, she went to school, got her chem degree (and worked part-time), and then got a job at FC, and not as a model but as a chemist working on BeLieF, and these were her decisions, not necessarily her parents'. But I guess they seem to like having Hope simply being a talking head for the HFTF line - it brings in money, so who the hell cares about anything else? At least on occasion Eric will say something like "I worked hard so that my family can enjoy life". 

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 3

You'll see him in today's episode.

While I appreciated seeing Deacon, he needs to get an actual story soon.  And I'm pretty sure trying to be a "family" with an adult, married daughter and a woman who's engaged to someone else doesn't count. It makes him look as delusional as Quinn. :-(  

I don't understand Charlie.  Is he supposed to comic relief or is that just an unfortunate acting choice? (But yay for a blue collar person on screen anyway...) 

• Love 4

How long have Hope and Wyatt been married -- show time?  Isn't it completely possible that Hope's

baby could be Liam's since she was with him up until the day before she got married?  Obviously, she and Wyatt have been having more sex, but I would think that they've been married two weeks, tops.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 4

So watching this week, I noticed the beach house that's had more tenants than the Tokyo subway has businessmen in it in rush hour is now occupied by Hyatt. I was kinda surprised to see it, since it's been a while since it was used. It was also updated a bit, which is why it took me a while to realize it was, in fact, the same house.

And Pam and Donna, who once hated one another and the former being the sister of Stephanie that hated all things Logan, are now gossiping about Hope and Liam and how the secret changes everything. That kinda makes me want to cry....I don't even. Why waste Allie Mills and JG like that? Just let the latter turn up as Grace on Y&R.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

So watching this week, I noticed the beach house that's had more tenants than the Tokyo subway has businessmen in it in rush hour is now occupied by Hyatt. I was kinda surprisex to see it, since it's been a while sonce it was used. It was also updated a bit, which is why it took me a while to realize it was, in fact, the same house.

I thought I was the only one surprised that Mr & Mrs Chickenhead were living in what I always think of as Taylor's beach house.

• Love 1

The Hope saga just keeps getting worse with more air time. She runs back and forth kissing the same two brothers CONSTANTLY!! Her little girl "Im afraid to have sex" routine is certainly a thing of the past. Looks like she isn't happy unless she's got her arms draped around someones neck, and her lips sucking someone, if not anybody's face!!! SMH. Why doesn't she an Liam just live together happily ever after off camera and raise their kitten.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 2

The Hope saga just keeps getting worse with more air time. She runs back and forth kissing the same two brothers CONSTANTLY!! Her little girl "Im afraid to have sex" routine is certainly a thing of the past. Looks like she isn't happy unless she's got her arms draped around someones neck, and her lips sucking someone, if not anybody's face!!! SMH. Why doesn't she an Liam just live together happily ever after off camera and raise their kitten.

That's another thing why Hope and Co fail as characters: history is thrown to the wind all the damn time. She went from having a healthy view of not rushing into sex to being defined by being a Vestal virgin (to the point of going into therapy when she finally screwed hom to distract him from Steffy for 30 seconds) to now becoming the second coming of Brooke, minus any of the traits that made the latter an enjoyable character--all this in a span of under five years.

Steffy kinda went through a similar metamorphosis from being worldly and wanting to earn her place at Forrester to being a "bad" girl daredevil and expecting her cut in the FC dough for.. .reasons. Granted, her stint in the mailroom when JMW first was cast is still more than any of the other brats have done in their companies, but hardly worth the entitlement complex.

Liam needs no explanation, but suffice it to say Steven Farren Phelps (Y&R's Dylan) has a wider range than this guy doing the Hope/Steffy debacle.

Wyatt may be redeemed if TIIC pair him with someone else and maybe Brad Carlton him a bit: an asshole, but with a soft spot in his life, either for his mother of any possible child (ren) down the road. Let him become a business shark and gain Bill's respect.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Really show? After that smokin episode you gave us Thursday, you turn Friday's entire show into a Hope Pity Party? Good grief, why didn't they call a press conference, or announce it on FC's website; at least we wouldn't of suffered through five different variations on the same theme.

I get that Wyatt is worried, and wants reassurance from Hope, but dude, back off a sec ok? Hope has just had a Quintervention (love this!), and she needs time to parse out and assimilate those painful truths Quinn highlighted.

Deacon and Brooke are making my skin crawl; as hot as they once were, is as gross as they are now.  Deacon has gone out of his way to make Bill look bad, but hasn't fessed up about living with Quinn, or conspiring with her to break up B/B. Deacon is creepy, and seems oily, and like a man on a mission of no good. I wish he would go away.

Why do they keep putting Liam and Quinn in these hot scenes and not capitalizing on them? These two are burning up the screen; instead of wasting the scene having them argue, think how cool it would have been if Quinn had just grabbed Liam and started kissing him? Of course Liam would have resisted, at least at first, but then? Who knows? But it would have been some action. Some excitement. And could lead to some very interesting fallout.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

Why do they keep putting Liam and Quinn in these hot scenes and not capitalizing on them? These two are burning up the screen; instead of wasting the scene having them argue, think how cool it would have been if Quinn had just grabbed Liam and started kissing him?

Because Quinn isn't a Cassadine?  (Sorry, couldn't resist an inappropriate chemistry reference and that's the only one I've got...)  Honestly though, that would make MY skin crawl.  Liam is her son's brother.  Ick.  

ETA:  Is there anyone on the canvas for Quinn?  Deacon isn't attached but they have such a friend/sibling vibe. 

Edited by tessaray
Thorne! Bring him and Taylor back from Paris. How would Aly like that? LOL.

Oooh I like that!  Ally would definitely get her edge back.

Took a respite from my self-imposed LA exile after reading all the posts praising Thursday's ep.  You guys were right, of course!  Excellent episode.  Not one, but two characters, Bill and Quinn, who questioned Hope's awesome wonderfulness!  I might actually start watching again.

• Love 3

Honestly though, that would make MY skin crawl.  Liam is her son's brother.  Ick.

Considering the pairings that have resulted from the Ridge paternity retcon on this show, Linn would be one of the most normal ones we've seen since Bridget and CJ.

• Love 3

Considering the pairings that have resulted from the Ridge paternity retcon on this show, Linn would be one of the most normal ones we've seen since Bridget and CJ.

Not sure if being new to the show helps or hurts with this.  If Liam and Wyatt weren't brothers, Quinn could probably give Liam an edge that he really, really needs - so I can see the appeal.  But then, if Quinn did kill the diamond guy (don't remember his name) there isn't much of a future for any pairing.  Kind of a waste of a good actress...

• Love 1

Excellent post MulletorHater, I hope the writers at B&B see it.

The only one thing I would add that the B&B of yesterday has that today's B&B doesn't is any mention of class.  Since Day 1 it was clear the Forresters were the haves and the Logans were the have nots.  The Forrester kids could go anywhere to college, the Logans had to go local.  If a character was a have not they were almost instantly rootable.  Now everyone's a have, there's no one to root for.  Wouldn't this awful triangle we're currently suffering through be a little more interesting if one of the guys didn't have a millionaire for a father?

Sugarbaker Design, the shrinking middle-class isn't just a political slogan when it comes to Brad Bell.  My friends and I wondered years ago if he had ever come into contact with middle-class, working class or working poor people.  We detected quite a bit of classism in his writing.  

Amber was dirt po' (didn't even have enough money to be "poor") and was from a trailer park.  He tried to hail her as the "new Brooke," except Amber didn't really want to work for anything--at least in the beginning.  The two women of color who have had substantive storylines in the last few years have both had brushes with the criminal justice system and social services, and have had exes of dubious backgrounds.  Charlie is probably the only working class person I have seen on a somewhat consistent basis in the last couple of years, and that's only because he's romantically linked to Pam.  

As much as I loved Caroline back in the day, I couldn't help but root for Brooke.  I also loved the fact that they became friends although Brooke was quite awestruck at first.  There was just something so endearing about the "young upstart from the Valley" (as Sally once admiringly called Brooke) not only taking on Queen Stephanie but also getting the wealthy (frog) prince.  Caroline's hair was always perfectly coiffed even when she wore it back in a ponytail, and she had a striking resemblance to Grace Kelly.  Her clothing was classic and it was clear that she was an upper-class young woman.  Brooke wore clothes similar to the clothes a lot of my friends and I wore back then especially for classes--simple, comfortable and lots of denims.  Also, I just couldn't keep my eyes off of Stephanie.  Whoever was dressing Susan Flannery back then was totally on point even down to the smallest detail.  The colors and fit of her outfits were all very flattering.  I loved her jewelry, which typically consisted of pearls of all sizes, and she wore them with ease.  Even her robes--or housecoats as my grandma called them--were beautiful.  There was this lavender one, with quilted shoulders, that I really loved!  No wonder Brooke worshiped Stephanie from afar.

Heck, I even remember Brooke's first engagement ring, which was a small diamond set in a simple gold band.  She and her whole family believed it was so beautiful.  I loved that Dave bought something that he could actually afford.  

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 7
the shrinking middle-class isn't just a political slogan when it comes to Brad Bell.  My friends and I wondered years ago if he had ever come into contact with middle-class, working class or working poor people.  We detected quite a bit of classism in his writing.

What makes this even more sad is the way his father wrote about class.  The Fosters were Y&R's first middle class family.  Jill Foster helped pay her brothers way through college by being a manicurist.  So it made sense when Jill became Katharine's paid companion, just like it made sense that Brooke was awed by Stephanie.

Bill Bell grew up working class in Chicago, Brad grew up in a mansion in LA.  Nuff said.

• Love 5