Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I am convinced that the writers of this show think that "loves" are interchangeable.  Hope wants to marry Liam but he is 10 minutes late?  No problem, Wyatt will step in and marry her that day!  Brooke and Katie can change exchange Bill and Ridge back and forth - it doesn't matter who the people in the relationship are or what they want or how they feel about each other!  They treat relationships like menu items: "Oh, you're out of the vegetable of the day? That's okay, I'll have a potato instead!"  It's insane, and not at all how people work.  

Also, Brooke?  Telling your sister that she can your leftover men is NOT the same as giving her the rest of that steak you couldn't finish.  

• Love 8

I am convinced that the writers of this show think that "loves" are interchangeable. Hope wants to marry Liam but he is 10 minutes late? No problem, Wyatt will step in and marry her that day! Brooke and Katie can change exchange Bill and Ridge back and forth - it doesn't matter who the people in the relationship are or what they want or how they feel about each other! They treat relationships like menu items: "Oh, you're out of the vegetable of the day? That's okay, I'll have a potato instead!" It's insane, and not at all how people work.

Also, Brooke? Telling your sister that she can your leftover men is NOT the same as giving her the rest of that steak you couldn't finish.

All of this. At least in the old days, Ridge would stay married to one or the other for a year or so and when Taylor was "dead" it would take longer than two commercial breaks to go sniffing around Brooke.

This crap Brooke is pulling is exactly what Katie pulled two years ago, and as mentioned earlier she's not dealing with PPD as an excuse. She did the same shit of talking Eric I nto marrying her after Bridget suspected she had feelings for Nick. WTAF?

All of this. At least in the old days, Ridge would stay married to one or the other for a year or so and when Taylor was "dead" it would take longer than two commercial breaks to go sniffing around Brooke.

This crap Brooke is pulling is exactly what Katie pulled two years ago, and as mentioned earlier she's not dealing with PPD as an excuse. She did the same shit of talking Eric I nto marrying her after Bridget suspected she had feelings for Nick. WTAF?

It's recycling at its finest.  My friends and I chose Brad Bell as the EPA's "Man of the Century" years ago for his stellar recycling record.  All he did was take the Brooke/Nick/Bridget scripts and insert the names "Katie" and "Bill."  It's also a reason that as a Brooke fan, it's difficult to invest in any relationship she is in.  I also hate the way when these women are making these "sacrifices" that the guys are treated like baseball cards that were traded back in the day.

In the case of Bridget and Nick, they should have never been together as a couple in the first place.  When a guy tells you to your face that it was always his fondest dream that your mother return to him, on a certain level you have to know that any relationship with him is doomed.  Plus, as Nick got older the age difference between him and Bridget became even more glaring.  I hated that Brooke was inserted into that mess to create angst for them.  Dante was a gorgeous specimen and I thought he and Bridget were great together.  I also wish the writers had actually utilized JW's chemistry with the woefully wasted Lesli Kay more than they did.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3

Yeah, Nick/Bridget thing was so puzzling from the jump. Nick had a brief fling with Original recipe Felicia some months before we went with Bridget that I assume ended because the actress left. But even still, why couldn't TIIC follow that up? Lesli Kay was cast a year later FFS.

• Love 2

I didn't mind Nicket (Nick/Bridget) because AJ and JW did have have chemistry (which spilled over, for a time, offscreen).

But hands down, my favorite Nick pairing was with Felicia. Sigh for Flick and what could have been.

Edited by CountryGirl

I didn't mind Nicket (Nick/Bridget) because AJ and JW did have have chemistry

I agree.  To be honest the age difference was something I never focused on.  In fact, after a while I didn't really notice it at all.

Just watched one of last week's episodes. ...John McCook looked almost recognizable, for some reason. It took me a while to realize it was actually him and not a recast. Something with the hair and the voice just threw me off.

• Love 2

How quickly the worm turns; I do believe Quinn is way over the top, and has exposed her hand too early in the game, but what I am loving about it is that Hope now realizes that it was never about her. All of Quinn’s machinations have been solely about Wyatt, and achieving his happiness with the girl of his dreams. And that could have been any girl, Hope is just the vessel; as a person, she is irrelevant to Quinn. I don’t want to see Quinn hurt Hope, or the baby, I just love it that someone is willing to expose Hope for the fraud that she is; the girl has enough cheerleaders, and praise sayers, and worshippers, so this just levels the playing field a bit. Poor Wyatt is really caught in the middle now; he has never wanted to believe what his mother really is, but now, he has his Hopey and baby to protect. So how does he do that? Clearly, he has no control over Quinn, and she doesn’t listen to anything Wyatt says, does this mean Hope will live like a hermit? Only coming out incognito so Quinn will not recognize her? Will she continue to be the face of HFTF while pregnant? I don’t see how she can and hide from Quinn too. In any event, this is just another example of the poor writing on B&B, because there is no way to sustain this SL for any length of time.

So sad to see KKL leaving, even if it is only a hiatus, I will miss her terribly, and there will be a big hole in the show without her. And this plot contrivance they have come up with to cover her absence is beyond ridiculous. I have wanted to see Brooke stand on her own for a very long time; I miss Red Suit Brooke so much it hurts, but this just doesn’t feel right. Now, if Brooke comes back to the show a stronger person, who doesn’t need a man to complete her? I can get with that. Oh, and if she comes back with a different hairstyle, something more stylish, with those frayed, straw like ends removed.

I kinda like John F. so far, but I didn’t miss his invitation to Eric to come visit. Please don’t tell me JM is leaving too. What was with that whole dialog Liam had with thin air? Did he think Ivy couldn’t hear him? Goodness, she was only five feet away not clear across the room. And are we gearing up for a C/P/J triangle? That could be funny given the players involved and it would take screen time away from H/L/W which is always a good thing. I am still not feeling it between Liam and Ivy though. It feels forced; like the convenient pairing because she is in his age group and single. I just don’t feel any spark between them.

especially love that this forum, against all other fan-run forums, gives everyone the space to give their opinion, and we are all mature enough to respond to those opinions respectfully.

Indeed! I have posted at other Forums and Message Boards, and have been attacked because I won’t change my opinion about this or that. The funny thing is, these folks think what they are doing is “debating” a subject. I do find it surprising the stuff that people get away with on other boards too; the personal attacks, calling each other, for lack of a better word, hostile names. It is all very grade school. How refreshing is it to come here and express your opinion without being attacked, and to enjoy my fellow posters thoughts and personalities. There is just no comparison.

• Love 4

How quickly the worm turns; I do believe Quinn is way over the top, and has exposed her hand too early in the game, but what I am loving about it is that Hope now realizes that it was never about her. All of Quinn’s machinations have been solely about Wyatt, and achieving his happiness with the girl of his dreams. And that could have been any girl, Hope is just the vessel; as a person, she is irrelevant to Quinn.

I like this as well.  Quinn didn't like Hope in the beginning, so I'm glad to see she didn't suddenly change her mind about the princess.

• Love 1

Runthetable -- absolutely spot on about Quinn and it's always *only* ever been about Wyatt.  I think for the first time ever Hope sees the lengths (depths?) Quinn will go to get Wynutt his heart's desire *and* to preserve her obsessive/possessive relationship with him.

The way she smoothly lied in front of Wynutt when Hope told him about Quinn's threats was a masterful stroke on her part -- Hope looked hysterical and OTT, Quinn looked calm and reasonable. 

I could clearly see that Wynutt was torn between believing his wife or his mother. He knows she's done crazy things -- up to trying to murder Liam -- but she has never threatened anything he really cares about.  I could see him trying to process that Quinn would threaten Hope; even Hope telling him that she was scared to death of Quinn didn't quite convince him. I got the feeling he felt Hope was a little hysterical, and offered to speak to Quinn just to calm her down.

I think he's going to ask his mother to back off a little, to give Hope time to adjust to being pregnant -- but he isn't going to cut his mother out of their lives.   I think Wynutt cannot, will not believe Quinn would hurt Hope, and that he'll ask Hope to give Quinnsane another chance.

If anything  -- this is what will drive a huge wedge between them.  Because as self-absorbed and unaware as Hope can sometimes be -- she's dead on about Quinn.  Quinn did threaten her and the baby -- Hope has every reason to be afraid -- and every reason to want Quinn far, far away. And she will see that Wynutt is and always will take his mother's side over her and their marriage.

I can see several possibilities:  1)  Quinn causes Hope to tock the baby, 2)  She terrorizes/ gaslights Hope so she looks crazy and then schemes to get Wyatt sole custody and moves in to help raise the baby (ala SF and RJ), 3)  The suggested above dungeon until Hope gives birth SL, or 4)  She goes after Liam again because Hope turns to him about Quinn -- as Wyatt doesn't take her fears seriously -- and somehow seriously injures Hope in the process -- and frames Liam for the "accident". Can you say Hope in a coma or unable to remember the events?

Quinn revealing her hand so early is going to give us weeks of manipulating, scheming Quinnsane goodness, with Deacon unknowingly along for the ride. As bad as he is, he'd never physically harm his daughter. Maybe here's a chance for Deacon to redeem himself slightly by protecting/ saving Hope from Quinn.

• Love 3

I like this as well. Quinn didn't like Hope in the beginning, so I'm glad to see she didn't suddenly change her mind about the princess.

Agreed. Too bad Brad Bell is such a hack, because I would have loved to see this story line slowly develop into The Quinn That Rocks the Cradle (without Quinn dying at the end). Darn thing would have practically written itself and involve at least half of the cast. Ah, what might have been.

Poor, pitiful Maya. Now she's got Rick's BFF feeding her delusions, all based on a lot of speculation and hypotheticals. Who's to say that if Rick and Caroline break up that she's his default option? And who with any self-respect wants to be the consolation prize?

Yo, Ridge, there's this amazing technology called a door lock. Look into it.

I'm glad Caroline didn't keep Ridge's secret at the expense of her husband's trust and I hope she doesn't succumb to Ridge's attempts to undermine her marriage. At this point I'm guessing Ridge's motivation would be more vengeance toward Rick than romantic attraction to Caroline. Ick, these people are so incestuous-y.

Will she continue to be the face of HFTF while pregnant?

Oh it would be hilarious if HFTF started a maternity wear line. They could market it to the fans of those "16 and pregnant"-type reality shows.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9

What revenge would Ridge need against Rick (lately)? The writers have pretty much forgotten about his flings with the TayTwins when KL was recast. This Rick had onteracted far more with the now forgotten Thomas than either incarnation of Ridge.

Nope, I think it's just more shock and awe....and it's been a while since I've been worked up about the squick on this show. By the time Hope and Thomas rolled out, I wondered what took so long and thanks the soap gods it wasn't Nick completing a trifecta.

Will she continue to be the face of HFTF while pregnant? I don’t see how she can and hide from Quinn too. In any event, this is just another example of the poor writing on B&B, because there is no way to sustain this SL for any length of time

This is why I suspect a tock.

Wow, Rick is a terrible president. I guess I should cut him some slack, he was knocked off a balcony by Ridge and defenestrated by Thomas.

It's so odd when a character actually tells the truth on this show.

Othello you can kindly stfu now.

I think irritated Carter is the best Carter.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 2

At the end of today's episode

Rick fires Stinky

. But who knows how that will play out tomorrow.

I wonder if the Ogre's keeper will be on hand to

tell her little nephew how to run his father's business

.  She might also want to pop by Eric's office to see how that never-again-mentioned Forrester Original wedding gown is coming along.

• Love 2

This show continues to crack me up.  No hilarious flashbacks today, but the idea that Ridge went from one sister to another and might now be moving on to his sister-in-law is hilarious, in a sick and awkward way.  Maybe this show needs a bigger cast, a couple of folks that aren't related to each other by either blood or marriage?  I'm no expert, just spit-ballin' here...

• Love 3

This show continues to crack me up.  No hilarious flashbacks today, but the idea that Ridge went from one sister to another and might now be moving on to his sister-in-law is hilarious, in a sick and awkward way.  Maybe this show needs a bigger cast, a couple of folks that aren't related to each other by either blood or marriage?  I'm no expert, just spit-ballin' here...

And any man who dares to call Sir Funk-a-Lot out on that shit is doomed.  He will be painted as the most evil man who ever eviled, while people we very seldom hear from wax poetic about how wonderful, "moral" and upstanding this clown is.  

It's also hilarious when the funky one starts bleating about how some other man "ruined" Brooke's life as if nearly 30 years of his own doucheries have magically disappeared just because he has a new face, some added girth and face stubble.

• Love 3
I kinda like John F. so far, but I didn’t miss his invitation to Eric to come visit. Please don’t tell me JM is leaving too.

I just read a spoiler from Soaps In Depth that said that

Eric decides he's had enough of the day-to-day running of FC and hands the reins over to one of his sons - which one????!?1? - but I will wait and see what happens on screen. I haven't read anywhere that JMC wants to leave, he repeated the same joke about Laurette having to come collect his dead body from CBS in an interview he did in Holland recently; if he's in the same boat as KKL about contract negotiations, it's possible he may take a break too to do theatre or something, but I don't think he or TPTB are really ready to let go of Eric just yet. Or perhaps this is just my wishful thinking.

But you better believe my heart skipped a beat in that scene too. I just lost my job; I can't lose Eric in the same week!

some added girth

Hello sailor!

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 2

This show continues to crack me up. No hilarious flashbacks today, but the idea that Ridge went from one sister to another and might now be moving on to his sister-in-law is hilarious, in a sick and awkward way. Maybe this show needs a bigger cast, a couple of folks that aren't related to each other by either blood or marriage? I'm no expert, just spit-ballin' here...

This show's been a half hour long since it's inception and have been able to balance the show so thst it wasn't so incestuous before. When the show primered, the cast was about 20 strong and no character got more than three days of facetime on any given week. There were whole WEEKS that would go by without seeing the core cast that would eventually take over the show to its detriment, and yanno what? I wouldn't even notice because the other stories were so well written.

• Love 1

I don't know if any of my fellow posters get the Chiller TV channel (scary stuff), but I was watching it this morning and they were showing a new movie premiering this month, and who is starring in it but none other than Thorsten Kaye. It took me a second to recognize him because he was sporting full facial hair, but there he was in all his musty glory. I don't get how he has time to be making side movies, but can only be on B&B one week a month. 

And speaking of TK, it is my opinion that Rick overreacted. I don't like Ridge, and he was wrong to ask Caroline to hide his secret, but she did agree, so Rick should be angry with both of them. Firing Ridge is serving no purpose, because I have little doubt Eric will call bullshit on that. Ridge should have fessed up to his family about his situation, and sought out some professional help, but I don't see Eric being angry as much as concerned about Ridge. Some of the spoilers I have been reading make me think this is going to backfire on Rick. 

Damn, but Katie's loyalties change quick; one conversation with big sis about the importance of family and Katie is already giving Ridge the hairy eyeball as he waxes on about "Big Bad Bill". And I most definitely noticed when Ridge asked her if something was bothering her, that she held up her beribboned ring finger and actually started playing with the Red Ribbon of Commitment. Ridge being the dolt that he is was clearly clueless. 

Did Maya actually say that she has been working hard to get back to being friends with Carter? I have seen no evidence of that. What I have seen is someone who has gone out of her way to let Carter know he simply wasn't good enough. Not enough social status. Not enough money. Not enough anything. Yeah, I know Carter was so smitten that he proposed without having a single date, but I don't believe that warrants Maya throwing what he doesn't have back in his face. And the fact that this social climbing hag smiles in Carter's face as she tears him down is beyond appalling. I hope she and Rick reunite and then he dumps her ass when he realizes what she really is. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

I don't think Maya was throwing anything back in Carter's face or tearing him down, but I was wondering why she was being so tone deaf to their current situation, talking to him as a confidant instead of a jilted fiance.  Now I see it's because she was trying to force a friendship instead of trying to come to some kind of understanding between them.

But I will never feel sorry for Carter regarding his non-relationship relationship with Maya.  The only conversations they had were either about Rick (and how she either wanted to be with him or was with him), Caroline (and what she was doing to Maya's relationship with Rick) or Room8.  Then he got a little creepy after he spent the night on her couch.  I just wish he had a friend (...or a brother...) to tell him about himself so he can get over this.  Plus he lost me when he was talking about how he knew Ridge well enough to know that he was a moral person.  Even if we're ignoring everything that happened with RM's Ridge, this dude was minutes from marrying Brooke when he was allegedly in love with her sister.  WTF?

• Love 2

But I will never feel sorry for Carter regarding his non-relationship relationship with Maya.  The only conversations they had were either about Rick (and how she either wanted to be with him or was with him), Caroline (and what she was doing to Maya's relationship with Rick) or Room8.  Then he got a little creepy after he spent the night on her couch.  I just wish he had a friend (...or a brother...) to tell him about himself so he can get over this.

Aren't we supposed to believe that Carter & Ridge are friends?  They talked at a meeting like they were best buds, but weren't exactly seen together often after that.

And I most definitely noticed when Ridge asked her if something was bothering her, that she held up her beribboned ring finger and actually started playing with the Red Ribbon of Commitment. Ridge being the dolt that he is was clearly clueless.

At this point, I keep expecting that, when we don't see her on screen, she's off staring at pictures of her with her Bill rings on, then glaring at that fucking ribbon.  

• Love 1

Have your barf bags ready for Caroline's Ridge dream...

According to my poor rug, it's already too late!  Evidently, no matter how grungy, funky, unbearable and downright trifling Ridge is, every female over 12 with a working set of ovaries has to be shown quivering in lust over him.

Thankfully, I didn't hear, "Let me be your new Caroline!"

• Love 8

Yeah, they are.  I meant a "friend" that was around when this whole thing started with him and Maya.  I'm sure Ridge would get a biased account.

Thanks, just checking.  This "friendship" popped up out of the blue & was dropped like a hot potato, so I'm not sure what the hell we're supposed to believe :)

• Love 2

I gagged, I vomited, I gavomited.

Ridge and Caroline are gross.

I totally agree and haven't even watched it yet. I also tend to fast forward through their scenes because her Ridge worship is seriously disgusting and bordering on pedophilia. I know Caroline is an adult but she looks way too young to be laying up with the likes of Ridge, who as the contemporary of her mother-in-law and the woman she was named after, is old enough to be her parent. Girlfriend needs to come to her senses.

• Love 3

Ditto the negative comments about Caroline and Ridge. I actually recoiled when he kissed her. And dang if TK isn't already pulling out some of his trademark moves. (You oughta be shame, TK. This is not a good look for you as an actor.)

If Maya wants to nab herself a Forrester, maybe she should set her sights on Ridge instead of Rick. Now that would be an interesting couple since they both seem to live in an alternate reality where their b.s. isn't completely transparent.

• Love 2

If Maya wants to nab herself a Forrester, maybe she should set her sights on Ridge instead of Rick. Now that would be an interesting couple since they both seem to live in an alternate reality where their b.s. isn't completely transparent.

That never occurred to me, but I'd like it!  It would certainly make many heads explode.

I caught up on this week's episodes just now.  I wanted to throttle Katie for blaming Caroline for "outing" Ridge.  If Ridge didn't lie in the 1st place, there would be nothing to "out," would there???  I love how Katie holds different people to different standards of honesty.

• Love 2

That never occurred to me, but I'd like it!  It would certainly make many heads explode.

I caught up on this week's episodes just now.  I wanted to throttle Katie for blaming Caroline for "outing" Ridge.  If Ridge didn't lie in the 1st place, there would be nothing to "out," would there???  I love how Katie holds different people to different standards of honesty.

Not to mention, Caroline "outed" him to her husband, who Katie knew was feeling uncomfortable with the Ridge/Caroline relationship.  Did Katie expect that Caroline should endanger her own marriage to keep Ridge's secret indefinitely?  

• Love 3

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, CaRidge actually went there. Well, Caroline went there. I'm... speechless. I'll be in the corner by myself if anyone wants me.

What I have seen is someone who has gone out of her way to let Carter know he simply wasn't good enough. Not enough social status. Not enough money. Not enough anything.

Here's what grates - Carter isn't some Skid Row bum, he's a corporate lawyer. He wears nice threads and looks divine. Either he has terrible body odour or he's an awful lay because girl, I ain't seeing the problem here. His name isn't Forrester? His name could be Pee Wee Herman for all I care. Ride that wagon 'til the wheels fall off, y'know what I'm saying? Give the brotha some love!

Tomorrow's promo is making me real nervous.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 9

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, CaRidge actually went there. Well, Caroline went there. I'm... speechless. I'll be in the corner by myself if anyone wants me.

Can't say I was shocked. Grossed out, sure, but the last time I had an "Oh No They Didn't" moment was Rick and Steffy...and that had more to do with a lack of Internet and thus no warning. In retrospect, the only surprise there was that no one waited for Phoebe's corpse to go cold before slobbering on one another, but that's Forrester Family Values for ya.

• Love 2

Oh Helll to the NAW! To all of that mess. All. Of. It.

I don't think there is anything going on that doesn't give me the itchy hives. Maybe MAYBE the downright bubbly Fred Willard, but he seems to be sucked into the outer ring of the vortex that is What Would Hope Logan-Spencer Do? So did Brooke leave already? One day she's telling her Beribboned sister that she left the rest of her spaghetti in the Tupperware on the bottom shelf in the fridge...and oh yeah, see if that old Bill Spencer still fits... Now she's just gone?

Edited by smartyshorts
  • Love 1

Applause, applause for Linsey Godfrey and Jacob Young, who totally sold me on being a couple of young marrieds having a disagreement. They did such a good job in those scenes, that I found myself sitting on the fence, and feeling both sides of the argument. As a creative person myself, not with pencil and paper, but with needle and floss, I can understand where Caroline is coming from. Being an "old" married, I can understand where Rick is coming from, and JY did an amazing job telegraphing the years of baggage between him and Ridge. I wish the show would wake up and realize what a gem they have with LG, who should be lining up to assume the role of the show's next heroine. Stepping into KKL's shoes would be a daunting task, and regardless of Bradley's love affair, I don't feel KM / Hope has the presence to fill that role. He tried for years to convince us that H/L/S was the next big thing, the "new" great triangle. And he/it failed miserably. That triangle lacked the gravitas to be taken seriously, and felt like so much high school angst and shenanigans.  LG / Caroline OTOH, is smart, talented, has some good acting chops, and all around brings more to the canvas than Hope. And it would go a long way to wrapping some history into today's show by having the show's original heroine replaced by her namesake and niece. 

Katie, Katie, Katie! I wanted so much to slap the smartness out of your mouth yesterday; you judgmental little sourpuss. Of course Caroline should have kept Prince Valiant's secret at the expense of her marriage and her husband's trust. The funny thing is, Katie doesn't like it too much when folks aren't honest with her, but then again, we are talking about a person who wasn't above using her cardiac health issues to stop her sister's wedding by fake fainting, and scaring all her family and friends. 

I wish they would give Donna a SL. I have grown tired of her being nothing but the Logan sisters mediator. I still say they should test drive a Donna / Carter hookup. It would give both characters something to do, and I think they would be quite steamy. 

Loved Donna in that blue yesterday.

Ok my friends, just start lining up with your rotten tomatoes because I wasn't the least bit squicked out with Caroline's dream. I thought it was smokey, and just a little bit naughty. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

Tomorrow's promo is making me real nervous.

I'm hoping that they pull a switcheroo on all of those scenes. Or maybe it's a promo for "opposite day". KKL should not take any time off if this is how they write story lines in her absence. But I do like that Caroline is looking like the new heroine of the show.

• Love 1

I'm hoping that they pull a switcheroo on all of those scenes. Or maybe it's a promo for "opposite day". KKL should not take any time off if this is how they write story lines in her absence. But I do like that Caroline is looking like the new heroine of the show.

Better her than idiot twit Hope. I wish characters were allowed to have stories that weren't love triangles (especially this being many shades of wrong) but I'll take what I can get.

• Love 2
Ok my friends, just start lining up with your rotten tomatoes because I wasn't the least bit squicked out with Caroline's dream. I thought it was smokey, and just a little bit naughty.

I'm right there with you.  Of course, I like TK.  And if I had that voice in my ear and those hands on mine all day, I'd be having far naughtier daydreams than hers.  Plus, I think they have some chemistry.  And I'm a complete hypocrite, because I'd probably be skeeved out beyond belief if this was RM's Ridge in the same scenes. 

• Love 4

And I'm a complete hypocrite, because I'd probably be skeeved out beyond belief if this was RM's Ridge in the same scenes.

I know I would be. The fleeting memory of Ridge and Bridget kissing still sends a cold shiver of disgust up my spine.

I know one character can never make or break a soap, but I think this show will miss Brooke, especially if Quinn is going to start tormenting Hope. At least we'll have a break from Deacon pawing Brooke and acting like he ever had a micro-sliver of romantic feeling for her. Blech.

• Love 1

While it's easy to ride the Ridge* hate train, I will give him credit for admitting he put Caroline in a bad situation and not being angry that she told Rick the truth. 

Send him to Paris with Thorne ........ That was uncalled for Rick, let Thorne have his off screen happiness.

I can understand why Eric would decide he's had enough, after seeing his brother thoroughly enjoying his life. He then has to deal with these two grown man children fighting.

So twice in the same week Caroline tells the truth instead of hiding something. What kind of soap opera is this?

*or "Dirty Ridge" as my mother calls him.

• Love 6

I know one character can never make or break a soap, but I think this show will miss Brooke, especially if Quinn is going to start tormenting Hope. At least we'll have a break from Deacon pawing Brooke and acting like he ever had a micro-sliver of romantic feeling for her. Blech.

Has Brooke ever been gone for such a long lenght of time? KKL was recast for a short time during 1997 and for a week in '87 due to illness, but the character has never been gone for longer than a few days that I can recall, not even for a riding injury she got back in 2005...they just wrote it into the script!

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

Katie, Katie, Katie! I wanted so much to slap the smartness out of your mouth yesterday; you judgmental little sourpuss. Of course Caroline should have kept Prince Valiant's secret at the expense of her marriage and her husband's trust. The funny thing is, Katie doesn't like it too much when folks aren't honest with her, but then again, we are talking about a person who wasn't above using her cardiac health issues to stop her sister's wedding by fake fainting, and scaring all her family and friends. 

Le sighhhhh...evidently, Katie has either morphed into Stephanie or she has the Crib Notes to Stephanie's diary which decreed: "Thou shalt not hold Ridge responsible for anything.  So let it be written!  So let it be done!"

The lengths to which Katie goes to "help" Ridge would be funny if it weren't so pitiful and if we haven't seen this particular act before.  She has yet to acknowledge that Ridge's "impediment" is a direct result of his deliberately butting into Brooke and Bill's business.  His hand porn with Caroline 2.0 placed her (Caroline) in an uncomfortable position but Katie can only see how it affects Ridge.  Given that she would have happily seen Ridge toss her little nephew out on his rear when he attempted to take over Forrester Creations a few months ago, it wouldn't surprise me if she supported him if he tried it again.  Given her penchant for "fixing" men, I'm actually surprised that Katie hasn't whipped out a scroll of rules, regulations and criteria on what constitutes a perfect husband.  But, when one is afraid to rock the boat or make ultimatums because she knows what the answer will be, it's quite understandable.

Dare I hope that when KKL returns that we will see the return of Red Suit Brooke?  I would rather see Brooke dealing with shit at Forrester Creations than fretting about poor little lost lamb Hope.

• Love 4

So, how long before Katie becomes suspicious about Ridge/Caroline and decides to take Brooke's advice and go throw herself at Bill?  I really, really hope that the show surprises us and Bill steps away saying "thanks, but I'll pass."  

Then a despondent Katie can end up whining to Liam, leading to a drunken hook up.  Please, show? 

• Love 6