Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The comments on the first pic are funny. Several people chastise Christine for buying water in plastic bottles, but others defend her because of hurricanes. Yeah, Flagstaff is known for enduring repeated hurricanes. 😆😆

Tornadoes have been spotted every once in a while to the southwest, but still not a reason to stockpile water...

Oh goodness. Someone tweet Robyn.  Scary trees, the plague and now scary hurricanes and tornadoes !

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The comments on the first pic are funny. Several people chastise Christine for buying water in plastic bottles, but others defend her because of hurricanes. Yeah, Flagstaff is known for enduring repeated hurricanes. 😆😆

Tornadoes have been spotted every once in a while to the southwest, but still not a reason to stockpile water...

OK, I'll plead guilty on this one.  I'm addicted to fizzy water and am not really fussy if it comes in a glass bottle or a plastic one.  (I'm going to justify myself a little bit and say we buy very little soda so my carbon footprint isn't a LOT worse than many others.)  However, there really is no excuse for her mud room to look like that.  A pile of coats/jackets with some random appliance simply thrown on top?  5 opened bags of half-eaten snacks along with boxes and crates?  No, those shelves you have in your car are not going to help.  They'll just expand the space you have to dump crap.

• Love 12

At first I thought she was showing us a picture of Truely hiding in a cupboard.  Took me a second to realize that it was just a pile of clothes shoved under there and not a person.

But those photos just show the mindset of this family....a mess of extra crap, solved by going to Home Depot and buying several sets of shelves to organize the mess.  Because money grows on trees in Coyote Pass, I guess.

And nearly 5,300 people liked this??  I remain, as always, a confounded COL.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

At first I thought she was showing us a picture of Truely hiding in a cupboard.  Took me a second to realize that it was just a pile of clothes shoved under there and not a person.

But those photos just show the mindset of this family....a mess of extra crap, solved by going to Home Depot and buying several sets of shelves to organize the mess.  Because money grows on trees in Coyote Pass, I guess.

And nearly 5,300 people liked this??  I remain, as always, a confounded COL.

Better pass the chapstick.  

• LOL 8

I'm on an organization kick myself.  I've watched I don't know how many videos on YouTube about dollar store and Ikea hacks for organization.  My cupboards and pantry look great.

They just opened a new dollar store near the cuddle -sac.  It's my new favorite store.  I doubt I would have spotted a Brownie in the wild there though.  Being creative or thrifty are not in their vocabulary.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, toodles said:

I'm on an organization kick myself.  I've watched I don't know how many videos on YouTube about dollar store and Ikea hacks for organization.  My cupboards and pantry look great.

They just opened a new dollar store near the cuddle -sac.  It's my new favorite store.  I doubt I would have spotted a Brownie in the wild there though.  Being creative or thrifty are not in their vocabulary.

I'm a Dollar store snob.  It has to be Dollar Tree or nothing!  Family Dollar has too many things that are NOT a dollar - and ditto for a lot of other "Dollar" stores I've been to.  At least at the Dollar Tree, I know exactly how much everything is!  ha ha!

In the U.K. they have 99p stores - basically the same thing as a Dollar Tree - and they have the BIGGEST crowds of people I've ever seen in any store and they have the COOLEST stuff!!  (Do people ever say "cool" any more?  They have the SICKEST stuff!)  For shits and grins, the Dollar Tree should send a truck load of stuff to the U.K. and the 99p stores send a truck load to the states - stock the stores and see what happens! FUN!!

I'm so weird.... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I never have liked the prices or the selection at Family Dollar.

The Dollar Generals in Saint George are mini Walmarts. Their pricing is the same as and sometimes even less than WM for canned food, paper products, toiletries, household items, pet products and a whole lot more. For me, both Walmarts in St George were a 10-15 minute freeway jaunt (one-way) but Dollar General was in my neighborhood and literally one minute from my house. Dollar Tree was across the street from DG and definitely my first choice for seasonal and "fun" items. I had it made, LOL.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I'm a Dollar store snob.  It has to be Dollar Tree or nothing!  Family Dollar has too many things that are NOT a dollar - and ditto for a lot of other "Dollar" stores I've been to.  At least at the Dollar Tree, I know exactly how much everything is!  ha ha!

In the U.K. they have 99p stores - basically the same thing as a Dollar Tree - and they have the BIGGEST crowds of people I've ever seen in any store and they have the COOLEST stuff!!  (Do people ever say "cool" any more?  They have the SICKEST stuff!)  For shits and grins, the Dollar Tree should send a truck load of stuff to the U.K. and the 99p stores send a truck load to the states - stock the stores and see what happens! FUN!!

I'm so weird.... 

I'm a dollar tree girl too.$$$$$

• Love 6
On 2/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, DaphneCat said:

OK, I'll plead guilty on this one.  I'm addicted to fizzy water and am not really fussy if it comes in a glass bottle or a plastic one.  (I'm going to justify myself a little bit and say we buy very little soda so my carbon footprint isn't a LOT worse than many others.)  However, there really is no excuse for her mud room to look like that.  A pile of coats/jackets with some random appliance simply thrown on top?  5 opened bags of half-eaten snacks along with boxes and crates?  No, those shelves you have in your car are not going to help.  They'll just expand the space you have to dump crap.

Just from watching the show over the years Christine and Janelle are not good housekeepers, I doubt I would be either with 6 kids or babysitting 13.  Still with a houseful of kids, everyone should have chores.  It was not an option when I was growing up.  If you didn't do them, you didn't get to go anywhere or do anything.  You could sit in your room and read until you decided to do them.  With large families, everyone has to do their part.  Also having all that junk in your home doesn't help.  Eliminate all the things you don't really need or use and it corrects that problem.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just from watching the show over the years Christine and Janelle are not good housekeepers, I doubt I would be either with 6 kids or babysitting 13.  Still with a houseful of kids, everyone should have chores.  It was not an option when I was growing up.  If you didn't do them, you didn't get to go anywhere or do anything.  You could sit in your room and read until you decided to do them.  With large families, everyone has to do their part.  Also having all that junk in your home doesn't help.  Eliminate all the things you don't really need or use and it corrects that problem.

Yes, none of her kids are toddlers.  There is no excuse for allowing that amount of crap to simply be tossed in a pile.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

We had chores starting before kindergarten.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I'm so weird.... 

I understand your feelings.  I  had a passion for Dime Stores since I was a small child.  I have so many fond memories of going to Woolworths with my favorite aunt, and I was a Dime Store shopper until they closed down.  I actually stood in the middle of our local Woolworths  and cried real tears that last time I was there when they were closing.  Woolworths, Kress, Ben Franklin---I miss them all so much.  So I get your passion for Dollar Stores.  A good dollar store is a good beginning for my love of general shopping, but nothing, ever, will replace the Dime Stores , especially Woolworths, in my heart.  I wish I could go to the lunch counter today! 

I'm also quite sure that the clothing at Woolworths was of much better quality  than the Luluno  rags that the Browns hawk.  And you could buy shoes.  And accessories. (and fish, turtles and parakeets).  Good memories!

• Love 21

Ah, Woolworth's with its creaky wooden floor. I can still smell all of the blended odors when I walked in.  And Kresge's was across the street so competition.  But on the plus side, we still have a Ben Franklin in a nearby down.

And, for the love of all that is holy, why would anyone post a picture of that pigsty of a closet?  Have these people no pride at all?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I understand your feelings.  I  had a passion for Dime Stores since I was a small child.  I have so many fond memories of going to Woolworths with my favorite aunt, and I was a Dime Store shopper until they closed down.  I actually stood in the middle of our local Woolworths  and cried real tears that last time I was there when they were closing.  Woolworths, Kress, Ben Franklin---I miss them all so much.  So I get your passion for Dollar Stores.  A good dollar store is a good beginning for my love of general shopping, but nothing, ever, will replace the Dime Stores , especially Woolworths, in my heart.  I wish I could go to the lunch counter today! 

I'm also quite sure that the clothing at Woolworths was of much better quality  than the Luluno  rags that the Browns hawk.  And you could buy shoes.  And accessories. (and fish, turtles and parakeets).  Good memories!

I remember going to Woolworths with my mother. We wore white gloves and took the bus because my mother didn't drive.   I still remember the huge variety of stuff they had for sale, but can't remember anything we might have bought there.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I remember going to Woolworths with my mother. We wore white gloves and took the bus because my mother didn't drive.   I still remember the huge variety of stuff they had for sale, but can't remember anything we might have bought there.

Throughout my high school years, I worked at a Woolworth's weekends and what a great training ground it was!  I did every conceivable job from clerking, cashiering, making signs, cutting roller blinds to a customers requirements, measuring and cutting fabric and ribbon, weighing candy and nuts, netting fish and turtles from the tanks, writing up returns, apprehending shoplifters, pricing with machines (I once priced a whole box of nylon stockings through the thick area at the top, with the pin and ticket machine.  OUCH! got in trouble for that one).  All that for the magnificent sum of .25 cents per hour until I became "head girl" then I think I earned .40 cents per hour.  Heady days.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I have fond memories of the Woolworths in downtown Seattle.  I bought makeup and record albums, mostly.  Late 60's.  My mom didn't drive either, but when I got to be a teenager, I took the bus with a friend or by myself.  Good times.

Christine must want people to fill sorry for her because she doesn't have a live-in nanny like Robyn (or a live-in husband, either,) but I digress.  Look at my slovenly housekeepingk!  Aren't I special?

That's all I've got.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

The title of this thread should be changed.  Christine doesn't really want the family....

She wants to pretend that her "Wonderful Man" is her's alone.  Hard to do when she is craning her neck to monitor who he is leaving the premises with.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Ah, Woolworth's with its creaky wooden floor. I can still smell all of the blended odors when I walked in.  

I've been in Woolworth's in many areas of Canada and the US and they all smelled the same - a mix of candy, popcorn, fabric sizing … and what else?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I've been in Woolworth's in many areas of Canada and the US and they all smelled the same - a mix of candy, popcorn, fabric sizing … and what else?

The linseed oil on the wooden floors, to keep the dust down.  They later used Dustbane, a product combining oil and sawdust, sprinkled before sweeping.  The sawdust absorbed the excess oil.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have fond memories of the Woolworths in downtown Seattle.  I bought makeup and record albums, mostly.  Late 60's.  My mom didn't drive either, but when I got to be a teenager, I took the bus with a friend or by myself.  Good times.

Christine must want people to fill sorry for her because she doesn't have a live-in nanny like Robyn (or a live-in husband, either,) but I digress.  Look at my slovenly housekeepingk!  Aren't I special?

That's all I've got.

I loved Woolworth and Kresges so many great memories with my older sister..... Also loved the Army and Navy store it had 6 floors of merchandise... Was almost too good to be true. 😂 

I remember getting those old stiff legged, rigid plastic "Dress me" dolls with the glued on hair.... This was before Barbie showed up and took over.

We'd spend hours browsing and trying to decide what to buy and then we'd hit the lunch counter before we'd head for the bus and go home.

• Love 7

Mykelti posted last night on Christine's Lularoe facebook page that Christine had an emergency and will be offline for awhile.  She also said that no one died and it had nothing to do with any of the Sister Wives or Kody or the kids.  I'm guessing something happened to Christine's mom?  Mykelti said they were in Salt Lake City and if I was guessing it looked like she was standing outside a hospital.  Not sure if Christine's mom lives in Salt Lake City?

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 11
12 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Mykelti posted last night on Christine's Lularoe facebook page that Christine had an emergency and will be offline for awhile.  She also said that no one died and it had nothing to do with any of the Sister Wives or Kody or the kids.  I'm guessing something happened to Christine's mom?  Mykelti said they were in Salt Lake City and if I was guessing it looked like she was standing outside a hospital.  Not sure if Christine's mom lives in Salt Lake City?

Christine's mom and some the siblings live north of Salt Lake. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Is it terrible that the exact same thing crossed my mind when I saw that kitty outside???  😞

Then put me in the "terrible" column because I thought that as well.  Who lets an animal roam free in coyote country.  Heck they are in cities and run off with pets.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Then put me in the "terrible" column because I thought that as well.  Who lets an animal roam free in coyote country.  Heck they are in cities and run off with pets.

Truth:   I know a woman who lost her dog to a mountain lion - and she was standing about 20 feet away from her dog (who was doing his business on the grass).   I'm sure there are more than coyotes in the mountains of Arizona that would make a kitty a meal.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Truth:   I know a woman who lost her dog to a mountain lion - and she was standing about 20 feet away from her dog (who was doing his business on the grass).   I'm sure there are more than coyotes in the mountains of Arizona that would make a kitty a meal.

A friend lost her cat to a coyote right in front of her in broad daylight.  I will never have an outside cat.

• Love 7

I hope Zelda was outside only for a photo session and then went back indoors. My hell, they live in a National Forest at 7000'. A coyote bit a human on the east side of Flag a year ago and foxes and skunks tested positive for rabies at the same time. They also have cougars (AKA mountain lions, pumas, North American panthers) and bobcats. 

A couple weeks after I moved to St George in 2016 I was smoking on my patio about 3am, nice summer night, and started getting the distinct feeling I wasn't alone. The feeling wouldn't go away so I figured someone was lurking and just as I decided to go inside I saw eyes reflecting in the light coming from the doorway - a bobcat was drilling me with his Manson lamps, I just hadn't been looking in that direction. About 8-10 feet away, and also looking at my cats inside the screen door. I am so glad I didn't have them outside with me! He had a nice build, muscle-y, probably 30 pounds, a couple feet long, a real beauty. I figured I should drop my gaze and after that he walked past me out of the yard, not the least bit in a hurry. Didn't hug the fence, just strolled the path like he owned the place. My house was about 6 blocks from the edge of town, open desert beyond that, a short jaunt for a critter. I never saw him again but I was always on guard. 

• Love 6

I grew up and live in mountain lion/bobcat/black bear/coyote/fox country. I have had the most issues with black bears, even over the coyote and foxes, I lost more chickens to bears than to the others.  A mountain lion sighting is rare, but you do hear them often, especially in the Spring during baby making months.

Mountain lions tend to stay in areas that are a little more forest dense, and north of me I have friends that don't go outside into their backyards unless someone has a sidearm on them. We have a healthy wildlife population which keeps the coyotes and foxes from being desperate enough to go after pets, but it is still something you must always be aware of.

My greatest fear with kitty Zelda on the roof would be hawks.  Just a little movement and little kitty could be gone. Since they are close to a forest then there is always the possibility of all of those animals being present. I can hear in Christine's whispery voice...."I didn't know wildlife could be such...bastards..."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I live in a mobile home park in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona; there are almost daily posts on our park's Facebook page, warning people where the coyotes are INSIDE the park fences.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I live in a mobile home park in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona; there are almost daily posts on our park's Facebook page, warning people where the coyotes are INSIDE the park fences.

These animals have had to adapt and learn to live with society since we've encroached onto their living spaces.   I live in a large CITY - and we have bunnies EVERYWHERE (one lives under the shed in my back yard) and raccoons EVERYWHERE that come out at night.  And coyotes.  In the CITY.  Now and then a fox is spotted.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

This is why our biggest problem is with black bears.  They have become accustomed to living around people.  They break into houses, they wander into town and go through garbage and dumpsters.  Their population grows to where they are too many to be supported by the area.  Local game wardens will put out traps and relocate when they become an issue. Wildlife can easily adapt into an easy meal way of living.  It's easier to go to a people dense area and find trash and pets and rodents than to go to the woods and hunt over a larger range.

It is really cool to see the bears in their natural habitat, but it isn't so much fun when you come home to a 400 pound bear sitting in your kitchen raiding the refrigerator.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

This is why our biggest problem is with black bears.  They have become accustomed to living around people.  They break into houses, they wander into town and go through garbage and dumpsters.  Their population grows to where they are too many to be supported by the area.  Local game wardens will put out traps and relocate when they become an issue. Wildlife can easily adapt into an easy meal way of living.  It's easier to go to a people dense area and find trash and pets and rodents than to go to the woods and hunt over a larger range.

It is really cool to see the bears in their natural habitat, but it isn't so much fun when you come home to a 400 pound bear sitting in your kitchen raiding the refrigerator.

My daughter and sil arrived at their cottage to find that they had been invaded by a bear who pushed out a window to gain access and made himself right at home.  Rifled through all the cupboards, scattering the contents enjoying some tasty snacks and then, the final abuse of hospitality, curled up in sil's favorite chair for a probable nap.  After a weekend spent cleaning and disinfecting the place, they put it up for sale, they love nature but do not enjoy hosting the wildlife.

• Love 7