Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, altopower said:

I'm a retired church secretary (non Mormon). Our understanding of the difference was that there were three different things: Funeral with a body present, Memorial service without a body present, and Graveside service with burial. 

If I may ask, what reason(s) would there be for a family pick a graveside service over a funeral?  Cost, perhaps?  Or just personal preference?

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

If I may ask, what reason(s) would there be for a family pick a graveside service over a funeral?  Cost, perhaps?  Or just personal preference?

Probably both.  A full funeral costs a bundle even on the cheap.

And it might be easier for some families to just have folks at the graveside - a quick little service which reduces the time spent with unloved ones?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

We saw it a lot when the spouse had already died and the family - and often the deceased - wanted something quieter. We also did a lot of those services during Covid. A funeral doesn't really cost very much as far as the church is concerned. It's the funeral home and cemetery costs that multiply like rabbits.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

A graveside service is often done when the deceased is elderly.  Especially if they were  homebodies who didn’t get out much or had been ill for a while.  They have often been predeceased by a portion of their family and friends.  It is often assumed that the number of attendees will be small as a result.  
Having paid for a funeral recently,I can attest that  it’s getting very expensive.  Much more than the number mentioned in certain’ life insurance for the elderly’ commercials. If there is a spouse still living, they need to keep as much of the remaining money as possible for their own expenses. Elder care is expensive too. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

Does Truley have a medical condition that makes her so much smaller than all of Christine’s other kids? 
The other ones are all really tall and medium to larger framed, and Truley seems so tiny. I feel like the other kids at 12, especially the girls, were already close to their adult height. 

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Does Truley have a medical condition that makes her so much smaller than all of Christine’s other kids? 
The other ones are all really tall and medium to larger framed, and Truley seems so tiny. I feel like the other kids at 12, especially the girls, were already close to their adult height. 

I just assumed puberty hadn't fully hit yet and she will have a growth spurt at some point?

Also is Christine particularly tall? Where does the height come from - both Christine and Kody look to me to be average height.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I just assumed puberty hadn't fully hit yet and she will have a growth spurt at some point?

Also is Christine particularly tall? Where does the height come from - both Christine and Kody look to me to be average height.

On 10/10/2023 at 3:48 PM, Elodia said:

I found a picture on reddit. Almost all the OG kids were there, only Gwen is missing (on the pic, maybe she was there)

Screenshot_20231010_214210_Gallery.jpg

Going by the recent wedding photo, and it seems like most of the girls are not in high heels, Truely comes up to Christine's nose. She is 13 and has more growing to do. My husband hit his growth spurt at 12 and grew 12-inches in 12 months, he has paid for it with life long back issues.

I think Ysabel is the tallest daughter, and we know that Paedon is 6'6". It has been mentioned that Christine's father was tall, so she does have a height gene. Her daughters also all have her gorgeous hair gene as well.

• Like 10
On 10/7/2023 at 8:51 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I hope they'll be very happy together.

Am I petty and bitchy, that I hope Kootie is pissed and fuming?  Yeah, I suppose so, but he (Kootie) deserves it.  I'd be very, very shocked, if he and Sobbyn were invited, let alone attended.

If you are petty and bitchy, so am I!!! I hope he gets so angry, he busts a road. 

Can we start a p&b club? 😃 

18 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

A graveside service is often done when the deceased is elderly.  Especially if they were  homebodies who didn’t get out much or had been ill for a while.  They have often been predeceased by a portion of their family and friends.  It is often assumed that the number of attendees will be small as a result.  
Having paid for a funeral recently,I can attest that  it’s getting very expensive.  Much more than the number mentioned in certain’ life insurance for the elderly’ commercials. If there is a spouse still living, they need to keep as much of the remaining money as possible for their own expenses. Elder care is expensive too. 

In May of this years, my mom pre paid for cremation. Cremation, basic urn, no service=$2015.00. I was a little shocked. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
On 10/13/2023 at 12:53 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

We had a family graveside burial for my father, and then a formal memorial service at the church later the same day.  At a funeral, the body, or ashes, are present at the service.  The remains have already been buried before a memorial service.  Both of my parents did not a regular funeral service.  A memorial service has all the same elements as a funeral, but the body is not there.  Sometimes a memorial service is personal preference, sometimes it is a necessity.  We had a family grave side service for my mother, which was her request.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

Actually, my dad's service was about a week and a half  after he died.  That was because he died the day before Thanksgiving, and the pastor was out of town visiting his family.  Then we had to wait a few more days because the city was setting up road blocks for the Christmas parade, and the main road to the church was blocked.  We had to wait until the parade was over and the blockades were down.  My dad was a very altruistic but humble person, and we were sure he did want a parade for his funeral!

• Like 8
On 10/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, JenMcSnark said:

Speaking from personal experience, when you have PTSD from abuse, what you can handle or how you feel can change from day to day. 

For me, I went to my brother's funeral where my abusive brother was and thought I could handle it.  I did well through 1.5 days until just before the actual service when I had a major panic attack and had to leave for my own mental health and to prevent me causing any scene.  Now some of my family won't talk to me because I missed the funeral even though I had become almost suicidal in my panic attack.  I thought leaving was the best thing for everyone but they see it as attention-seeking behavior.

Maybe Gwen told Christine she would try but had to see how she was feeling on the day.  I hope Christine can understand although surely she was disappointed.

ETA:  I'm sure Gwen wanted to be there just as I wanted to be at my brother's funeral as he was like a father to me. But sometimes what we want and what we can actually do are two different things. 

Can someone fill me in on what happened between Gwen and Paedon?  I think Christine mentioned they have “different politics” on last week’s episode, but did something specific happen?  TIA. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Can someone fill me in on what happened between Gwen and Paedon?  I think Christine mentioned they have “different politics” on last week’s episode, but did something specific happen?  TIA. 

Last weeks episode was referencing Gwen and Garrison (bio son of Janelle) they get along and were considering living together but decided against it. They aren’t super tight but are friendly. 

Gwen and Paedon (Christine’s only son -he’s very tall if you are looking for him in the wedding photos) are estranged. Paedon has admitted to physically assaulting Gwen when they were teens, Gwen states that Paedon was physically abusive to her growing up and she does not want to associate or socialize with him. Paedon has opinions that are homophobic and transphobic, Gwen is bisexual and married to a woman. The last time they were in the same location was Logan’s wedding (where they did not interact but came to support Logan).

It’s understood within the family if one shows up the other will not be there, which is why for Christmas 2021 Gwen chose to go to a friend’s house, Paedon came to the rental house Christine/Janelle shared. We go a little more in depth discussing it in the Kids thread. Obviously Paedon wasn’t invited to her wedding. Maddie and Savanah missed but were invited (they were in NC at the time). 

Christine seems to be doing the best job a mother can loving both of her kids and respecting their boundaries- they don’t want to be around each other (for what looks like a good reason). 

• Like 7
  • Useful 9
On 10/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, JenMcSnark said:

Speaking from personal experience, when you have PTSD from abuse, what you can handle or how you feel can change from day to day. 

For me, I went to my brother's funeral where my abusive brother was and thought I could handle it.  I did well through 1.5 days until just before the actual service when I had a major panic attack and had to leave for my own mental health and to prevent me causing any scene.  Now some of my family won't talk to me because I missed the funeral even though I had become almost suicidal in my panic attack.  I thought leaving was the best thing for everyone but they see it as attention-seeking behavior.

Maybe Gwen told Christine she would try but had to see how she was feeling on the day.  I hope Christine can understand although surely she was disappointed.

ETA:  I'm sure Gwen wanted to be there just as I wanted to be at my brother's funeral as he was like a father to me. But sometimes what we want and what we can actually do are two different things. 

Didn't Paedon slap Gwen One time? When they were kids? Is she really that fragile? If he was going around hitting people as an adult, yeah, not good. But as kids, well, siblings do that.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Cherry Styles said:

Didn't Paedon slap Gwen One time? When they were kids? Is she really that fragile? If he was going around hitting people as an adult, yeah, not good. But as kids, well, siblings do that.  

This is a tough one. Paeden "seems" to get along with the other siblings, but I cannot discount Gwen's feelings about their relationship. They are smart not to engage, maybe someday they will. Family relationships can be very complicated. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Cherry Styles said:

Short answer: I feel like we don't know.

Paedon has said Paedon slapped Gwendlyn once. I don't think Gwendlyn has gotten into that level of detail, so I don't necessarily think/believe Paedon only ever hit Gwen once. (If I'm wrong about that -- if Gwen said otherwise, please link me to it.)

Gwen has said that she's on meds, has trouble sleeping, and isn't ready to talk about it, yet.

She has also said he is abusive, racist, homophobic, hateful, and basically fill in every other bad word here. And while that could be histrionics, in my opinion, based on Paedon's unhinged (to me) interview on that Jon Whoever's podcast -- well, I don't think Paedon is stable, and I don't think he is (sorry) safe.

On the one hand, if someone proved to me that Gwen or any child of the Kody + Christine union was a drama queen, well, you wouldn't have to knock me over with a feather.

On the other hand, Gwen tried to cover (react to, recap, whatever she calls her Patreon videos) the Sister Wives episode this season, in which they first covered the Christmas Gift Exchange group text from Hell. When Paedon was on the screen with Christine, blathering on about making that frigging Mock Tapioca pudding, Gwendlyn had a visible physical reaction to watching him, and she ended up fast forwarding his scenes.

I think something worse (or more than one slap -- I don't mean that it has to be darker, just more) happened between Gwen and Paedon, but I don't honestly know. I just don't think a kid from that big of a family would hold onto a grudge forever about a childhood sibling slap. Say whatever you want about the OG13, but they weren't pampered.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Cherry Styles said:

Whatever it was, it was sufficient enough that Paedon and Gwen were not allowed to be left together without adult supervision going forward. I think it was more than just siblings bickering and an occasional slap thrown in.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:
14 hours ago, General Days said:

Short answer: I feel like we don't know.

I completely agree with this part.

I also agree. But I also think we don't need to know. Gwen is dealing with it in appropriate ways. I hope she's getting good practical therapy (no Nancy from LV) that will help her in ways we don't need to see. I just want her to be whole and happy. 

That therapy will take years.

Edited by altopower
I forgot to actually type a comment before I hit the submit button. Oops.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Whatever it was, it was sufficient enough that Paedon and Gwen were not allowed to be left together without adult supervision going forward. I think it was more than just siblings bickering and an occasional slap thrown in.

I agree. 

18 minutes ago, altopower said:

I also agree. But I also think we don't need to know. Gwen is dealing with it in appropriate ways. I hope she's getting good practical therapy (no Nancy from LV) that will help her in ways we don't need to see. I just want her to be whole and happy. 

That therapy will take years.

I can agree with that too. 

I can fully believe that Gwen was a target of Paedon’s anger and rage growing up (being the sibling right under him in age), and she doesn’t find him a pleasant person to engage with. She’s never said that OTHER family member’s shouldn’t have a relationship with him.

• Like 8
18 hours ago, Cherry Styles said:

The approximate time of the hit/slap/smack...what ever it actually was, Gwen was 12/13 and Paedon was 15/16. He was close to his full height which is 6'6" and he is a big guy, easily over 200 pounds.

Gwen doesn't go into details but she made an off hand comment that "it was every day, it was relentless".

Everyone is focusing on the (possibly) one time that his hand made contact with her body. However, her reactions to him to point to more. Paedon comes off to me as a shit stirrer, a winder-upper. The kind of kid/teen that just pokes and pokes and pokes until they get a reaction of some kind. Gwen has really big reactions, she goes from calm to hyper pretty quick so she probably gave him the reactions that he was seeking...making him feel like a big boy by having her lose control of herself. He was seen on camera way back in the honeymoon episode in S1 standing in an aggressive pose over Aurora because she sat in his chair near the fire when he stood up and his finger pointed inches from her nose. Sure...kid stuff, but Logan had zero reaction and told him to just sit in another chair...so it wasn't anything new...standard kid stuff that Daddy Logan dealt with all the time. He was the kid squealing in audio while Kody hit/poked him in the eye in retaliation for Paedon poking Brianna in the eye that led to Meri gathering them all up to give them a "what-for" that the cameras caught.

Christine laughed it off...and that reaction may be why Robyn kept her kids from being watched by Christine, because the bullying wasn't being addressed to her liking. Christine has said that Paedon is her dear, sweet and darling boy...so she may not come down on him as she should have just because he was her only son. Gwen has kinda inferred favoritism to Paedon from Christine. They brought up on camera that Paedon bullied Dayton in the beginning before he accepted him and then they became friends.

I have read over and over about how "its just sibling stuff jeez". Some people grow up and physically fight with their siblings and think it is just how it is and they came out fine as adults...that doesn't mean it is that way in other families at all. Christine knew it was an issue to the point where Paedon and Gwen could not be in the house together if she wasn't there. Gwen has a strong reaction with just hearing his voice and does not want to talk about it to complete strangers who pay her money to "spill the tea". To her it was something else. Something deeply traumatic.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

Gwen doesn't go into details but she made an off hand comment that "it was every day, it was relentless".

So Gwen was bullied by Paedon, who it appear may have had serious issues and been out of control. Paedon has also admitted on social media that he was rude to Robyn and her kids early on, and he implies that it wasn't really warranted, at least with the kids, who were mostly younger than him.

And now we hear in the last episode that Mykelti apparently had a difficult time with her older siblings as well, which is what led her to become close with Robyn. 

So we know that Kody can't be bothered to parent, but where was Christine in all this? Was it just too many kids for her to take care, so that she didn't have time to pay enough attention or intervene? And they claim that Meri is too harsh, and disciplines too much, but now we are hearing that perhaps a bit more discipline to keep the siblings from bullying each other would have been a good thing. I remember one episode a long time ago where Meri did intervene between some of the siblings when they were on an outing, but I forget the specifics.

• Like 8
33 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

So we know that Kody can't be bothered to parent, but where was Christine in all this? Was it just too many kids for her to take care, so that she didn't have time to pay enough attention or intervene? And they claim that Meri is too harsh, and disciplines too much, but now we are hearing that perhaps a bit more discipline to keep the siblings from bullying each other would have been a good thing. I remember one episode a long time ago where Meri did intervene between some of the siblings when they were on an outing, but I forget the specifics.

Of course I was not there, but based on what we have seen of the family Christine was an active and attentive caregiver- but no parent is perfect with eyes in the back of their head. “Mommy Guilt” is a real thing, and knowing what I know of the world, I can fully believe that Paedon was an asshole and a bully, and picked on kids smaller than him who had temperaments that wouldn’t “fight back”. I agree with you @Roslyn-His repeated behavior terrified Gwen. And yeah, a TEENAGE cognitively typical* boy putting his hands on his little sister in violence- fuck no way is that ever okay. It’s not as if he didn’t know it was wrong. Christine may have had a blind spot to Paedon and not realized their relationship was so bad until it was too late. Gwen may have not said anything to her Mom for a variety of reasons. Do I think this means Christine failed as a mother- of course not, but it was a problem. 

In a family that large with so many different personalities, there are going to be strife and conflicts, groups of kids being friends because they are similar in temperament but not friends with other siblings they have nothing in common with. However there is a certain level of respect and basic human decency everyone should’ve been held to, and I think Paedon wasn’t held to it and was the type to be an ass to the younger kids. 

*I say this because there are certain behavioral issues that may accompany specific disabilities or conditions, and siblings are impacted by that. Having lived that position I have more grace (for parents and siblings) in those type of situations. This wasn’t that situation. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

I remember a couple of the boys got into a physical argument when they were teenagers and out in public with the family.  Janelle had to jump in and put a stop to it.  Was Paedon involved in that?

I think those were Janelle's boys that fought. Gabe and not sure the other. 

• Like 5

Bout of insomnia lately, doomscrolling at 2 am. Saw a Reels (I think) about Paeden. He was talking about why he doesn't watch show. Fuzzy summary, but he struggled greatly with body image, struggled  with the moves and relationships. Really sounded like some serious self-loathing. Hope he, too, considers therapy to deal with his past issues. I truly believe Gwen's memories of abuse, but it's possible, even likely,  that Paeden has unresolved mental health issues stemming from his upbringing. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Styles said:

I think those were Janelle's boys that fought. Gabe and not sure the other. 

Meri broke up a scuffle between two boys during a shitshow family vaca- maybe the pilgrimage to Illinois?

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Meri broke up a scuffle between two boys during a shitshow family vaca- maybe the pilgrimage to Illinois?

It was when they went camping in Big Bear over 4th of July. I remember it because I grew up in BB. It's 200 miles and 3.5 hours from Vegas where it was so hot that Christine tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk. Meri laid down the law behind a restaurant that was owned by friends of my parents. The ep aired on 10-30-2011.

Edited by suomi
punctuation
  • Like 2
  • Useful 8
19 minutes ago, General Days said:

The Big Bear thing wasn't a fight between the boys. Paedon hit Breanna in the eye.

Gabe and Garrison had a couple of scuffles. One time, there was a bloody nose and some lying.

On accident?  How did this happen?  Thanks in advance. 

I don't think any of the Brown kids have escaped their childhoods fully unscathed by Kootie's narcissism.  In one form or another, Kootie's has rotated the position of "golden child", "flying monkey", and "scapegoat" through many of those kids.  I'm sure that the competition for Kootie's attention and affection between not only the subfamilies but also within each individual family was fierce at times.  I can only imagine the isolation, the anger, the helplessness, and the envy this situation created for most of the kids at one point or another in their young lives.  I believe this living situation would definitely lead to issues such anger management, distrust, triangulation, being overly dramatic, fighting, etc.

Other than some comments that a few of the show folks made, I don't know what really happened between Paedon and Gwen throughout their childhood.  It's just like I don't know what really happened between Meri and Mykelti.  However, I REALLY do hope that Paedon and Gwen  work things out.  Life is too short for holding grudges, on top of  how much energy it takes to do so.  I mean, they're now down to deciding who's going to attend milestone familial events such as engagement parties and weddings? And, did I read correctly that Meri was not invited to Christmas because Mykelti didn't want her there?  Boy, I hope I got that wrong, because that's just so sad.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

However, I REALLY do hope that Paedon and Gwen  work things out.  Life is too short for holding grudges, on top of  how much energy it takes to do so. 

Life is also too short to be spent around people who don’t raise you up, value you for who you are and make life more enjoyable, not less. Even if those people share some of your genes.

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Funny how I can agree with both @Elizzikra and @Rabbit Hutch. I do enjoy reading other posters' points of view. This forum is my guilty pleasure. The Brown family has given me countless hours of free entertainment here.

It's because they're both right. Sometimes it's healthy to bury the hatchet, let go of grudges and move on. Sometimes it's healthy to relieve yourself of the trauma of an abuser or bully and have no relationship or contact with them. It depends on the individuals and the level of abuse.

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Funny how I can agree with both @Elizzikra and @Rabbit Hutch. I do enjoy reading other posters' points of view. This forum is my guilty pleasure. The Brown family has given me countless hours of free entertainment here.

Same!  When we used to subscribe to the newspaper, the editorial page was my favorite section.  

I hope Christine wasn't hurt by Gwen's absence, but 12 of 13 OG kids were there for her, which says a lot.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

So Gwen was bullied by Paedon, who it appear may have had serious issues and been out of control. Paedon has also admitted on social media that he was rude to Robyn and her kids early on, and he implies that it wasn't really warranted, at least with the kids, who were mostly younger than him.

And now we hear in the last episode that Mykelti apparently had a difficult time with her older siblings as well, which is what led her to become close with Robyn. 

Early on there was a couch talking head with the older kids talking about absorbing Robyn's littles. They complained that Brianna was always crying and that they were more tender than the Browns kids. Logan the peacekeeper said that they were just raised differently. Maddie explained that when they were little they were expected to work it out amongst themselves and not bother the adults unless a bone was broken. She said they were also expected to amuse themselves and "be creative". Since she is in the original kid pack of 5/6 that could have gone as they all developed their own pecking order etc or some version of Lord of the Flies.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I mean, they're now down to deciding who's going to attend milestone familial events such as engagement parties and weddings?

Actually there’s an internet article stating that Gwen’s absence was due to her school life being overly busy.  She supposedly stated that Paedon’s presence  had nothing to do with her absence.  
I’m on the same side of the fence  as those ‘ who just don’t know’.   Paedon has been quoted as saying that he feels Gwen should make the decisions about when and if they see each other because he wronged her.    Obviously he feels he’s in the wrong for whatever happened.  It’s possible that there was more to it than he says.  It’s also possible that Gwen’s autism means that things/ arguments/contact  that don’t seem to be a big deal to some people might be a big deal for her.  Enough of a big deal to still be mad about it years later.  I really don’t know what autism traits she has because she seems so well-spoken and well-adjusted.
Add the fact that he opposes her sexual orientation and that the opposition is hurtful to her. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if that piece was written by ChatGPT or translated from another language. Some of the wording is just bizarre.

Examples:

• "So, the Sister Wives celeb made her way out from the family of her mental peace."
  • "Well, Christine has set the bar too high after walking out of the marriage. She found a loving and caring partner for herself and fulfilled all her her dreams."
  • "The Sister Wives celeb Christine's great-grandfather was as popular as Byron Allred."

When I looked at the ScreenRant article that the VOAED website cites, it says, "Christine’s great-grandfather was called Byron Allred." It's like someone took the ScreenRant article, translated it into another language and then back into English to create the VOAED piece. So weird.

This piece from CheatSheet seems to be ScreenRant's main source, and it seems like it was written by a human: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-star-christine-brown-appeared-hbo-documentary-48-hours-before-familys-famed-tlc-show.html/

Christine was part of the group called "Principle Voices," which fought for legalizing/decriminalizing polygamy. This is a 2008 article from the Deseret News (UT), about the group: https://www.deseret.com/2008/7/26/20266009/pro-polygamy-group-strives-to-educate

Christine is also quoted in this 2008 article from the Salt Lake Tribune about a Principle Voices event: https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=9199699&itype=NGPSID

The BBC has a piece from 2009, and the reporter met the family at the plyg house in Lehi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7953270.stm

I know I've read that Sister Wives producer Tim Gibbons originally contacted Christine through Principle Voices, too. He wanted to do a series about plygs and that's how we wound up with the Browns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
On 10/17/2023 at 3:55 PM, Kellyee said:

When Mykelti first started her Patreon I paid the 3 dollars out of curiosity (I discontinued it long ago). Mykelti and Tony interviewed Aspyn. They talked about how the older siblings were not nice to Mykelti for a while. They also talked about a volatile household in which it was common to break each others electronics, computers, and "throw knives and forks" at each other. But Mykelti also said that she viewed Aspyn as the one who raised her. It sounds like it was a rather chaotic way to grow up indeed. I know Christine loves her kids - but she has an immature, dramatic, childlike quality about her. And I think those kids suffered from the instability. Granted, Christine was raised in a cult like atmosphere and married young. Generational trauma I guess.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 11
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I know Christine loves her kids - but she has an immature, dramatic, childlike quality about her.

To me, she's a walking case of arrested development.  Ever the teen all moony-eyed in the throes of a first boyfriend and seeing everything through her eyes.  Celebrating a divorce with faux-friends for airtime and lecturing Jenelle on how to live just because it works for her.

I have a feeling all of those kids were just supposed to work things out between themselves, there was little intervention or discipline from her. Of course, she was undoubtedly overwhelmed with the sheer volume of kids.  But the time the Meri intervened during a fracas, they all made it sound like her attempt at discipline was egregious. 

Bumps, bruises, and broken belongings were probably commonplace for the Brown brood because that's how Christine was probably raised as well.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

They also talked about a volatile household in which it was common to break each others electronics, computers, and "throw knives and forks" at each other.

This was in reference to when Mykelti and Aspyn we’re sharing an apartment.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This was in reference to when Mykelti and Aspyn we’re sharing an apartment.

Are you sure? I remember listening at least twice and it sounded as if it was when they were teenagers.

Edited to Add: I know they also referenced the knives and forks on the show at least one time. But it was on the Patreon video where they talked about doing it as kids

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Whenever this stuff happened, it's very sad.  But immature parents will operate this way.  My uncle and his second wife had four kids and the one girl in the group was constantly getting her room trashed by her brothers.  My uncle just blew it off.  She now lives in Japan and has pretty much kept him at arm's length.  

I do agree that Christine has always been immature and lets things go that she should have stopped.  I saw the scene where Meri pulled the older kids together and told them to quit picking on the younger kids including Robyn's.  Christine complained that it wasn't the right time, but who knows when she though the right time was.  I also didn't think Meri was the least bit out of line in that particular scene, she was firm, but not yelling.  And she tried to handle it more privately, but the cameras followed.

• Like 14
14 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I saw the scene where Meri pulled the older kids together and told them to quit picking on the younger kids including Robyn's.  Christine complained that it wasn't the right time, but who knows when she though the right time was.  I also didn't think Meri was the least bit out of line in that particular scene, she was firm, but not yelling.  And she tried to handle it more privately, but the cameras followed.

I remember that scene and thinking thank goodness one of the moms stepped in and told them to behave and not be hooligans.

I'll never forget Christine laughing maniacally as Gwen jumped into the Christmas tree trashing it.  Gwen was a later teen IIRC and it was not funny at all.  I questioned Christine's sanity at that moment.  It seems I really should have questioned her maturity and mother abilities more than I did.  

• Like 20
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'll never forget Christine laughing maniacally as Gwen jumped into the Christmas tree trashing it.  Gwen was a later teen IIRC and it was not funny at all.  I questioned Christine's sanity at that moment.  It seems I really should have questioned her maturity and mother abilities more than I did.  

Actually, it was Ysabel and she was way too old to be doing that.  Not to mention that this was before her surgery and she could have injured herself worse in addition to the destruction of the ornaments and the tree.  That was just such a bizarre thing to do.  I swear Truley is the most mature of the bunch including her mother.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

If Gwen is telling the truth, it is incredibly shitty and says a lot about Christine's agenda and level of maturity. I know Kody and Christine hate each other now, but they need to not use their kids to further their own agendas.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1