Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Re. the AirBnB: Am I the only one who had to frown a little and think about Meri when reading about Christine's new business venture?

Sure it's a free country and Christine doesn't owe anything to Meri. She can do whatever she wants but Meri was the one who started an inn/airbnb and used the show as a means to lure people in. 

I'm not pro-Meri, she could take a leaf or two out of Christine's book when it comes to the interiors of the rooms (the rooms in Lizzie's look terrible!)  but if someone who used to be close to me so blindly copied my business model and started a similar venture not that far away from me (it's only about 270 miles, yes I looked it up!) I'd definitely be mad to say the least!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Meri runs an actual Bed and Breakfast.  Multiple people sleep in the house, perhaps share bathrooms, and are served breakfast by the host.  Also, Meri didn't start it, she bought an existing business.

AirBnb is a plague of locusts, and played upon the term "B & B/Bed and Breakfast" when creating its name. 

Edited by Quof
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
23 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Re. the AirBnB: Am I the only one who had to frown a little and think about Meri when reading about Christine's new business venture?

Sure it's a free country and Christine doesn't owe anything to Meri. She can do whatever she wants but Meri was the one who started an inn/airbnb and used the show as a means to lure people in. 

I'm not pro-Meri, she could take a leaf or two out of Christine's book when it comes to the interiors of the rooms (the rooms in Lizzie's look terrible!)  but if someone who used to be close to me so blindly copied my business model and started a similar venture not that far away from me (it's only about 270 miles, yes I looked it up!) I'd definitely be mad to say the least!

My first thought too but on reflection realized they are aiming for a different clientele. 

At an AirBnb, you have the place to yourselves and the facilities to prepare your own meals. You can stay up as late as you want and arise at your leisure.

At Meri's BnB, you are welcome to sit in the parlour on stiff little chairs making aimless chitchat with the host. I would think by 10pm, you would get the message it's time to retire for the evening.

Having stayed in both types of facilities, I much prefer the autonomy of an AirBnB.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Table for 1 here, I don't think we should judge people for choosing not to give to bell ringers.

Obviously giving is up to an individual. My point was that people are too focused on buying overpriced name brand stuff based on recommendations of influencers and Z list "celebrities".

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Denize said:

I wonder if Meri hung her old marriage licence up on the wall at Lizzies? It had a nice frame. 

I doubt it; however, now that Christine finally has an actual marriage license of her own, maybe she framed hers and put it up in her AirBnB?

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
20 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Hmmm, back in the day I could ROCK a pair of GV's. All I can rock now is a hammock.  

I used to douse myself in her perfume as well.  For what it's worth, it now smells NOTHING like the original.  Sad. :(

13 hours ago, LilyD said:

Meri also started in an MLM and now here's Christine and Janelle, involved in a different MLM and have been equally if not more successful than Meri.

I'm not sure if there's" copying" involved - I think it's more that there is a very limited type of business that these women are willing to work for.  I have long wondered why none of them have gotten jobs where you clock in and out for a steady paycheck and insurance for your family, but that's not how they roll.  MLM's are strong among Mormon women, and only a few succeed.  Being on TV helped them along, for sure.  I remain stunned that Janelle is supposedly a "diamond" Plexus shiller, and that Meri is somehow still selling leggings for a very problematic company.

12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

At Meri's BnB, you are welcome to sit in the parlour on stiff little chairs making aimless chitchat with the host. I would think by 10pm, you would get the message it's time to retire for the evening.

Who actually is the host of Lizzie's?  Is it Meri?  Or Just Jen?  

I can't imagine making small talk with Meri Brown.  I'd probably end up asking if she had any banana bread or if she liked the last Batman movie and she'd end up throwing me out onto the mean streets of Parowan.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I have long wondered why none of them have gotten jobs where you clock in and out for a steady paycheck and insurance for your family, but that's not how they roll. 

Didn't Meri have a regular job (I think in a counselling center--not sure what her position was, probably clerical/admin?) in Utah before/as the show started, but because of the show she was "let go" because the office didn't want her private lifestyle newly made public to reflect badly on the office. Also, Janelle worked in real estate, although I don't know how active of an agent she was or if she mainly worked in the office. Christine, too, worked in real estate for awhile with Janelle--again, not sure what exactly she did, if she showed houses or did clerical work in the office, AND didn't Christine work a part-time evening job while the kids were young? She cared for the kids all day and then worked part-time somewhere in the evenings, if I recall correctly. Seems the 3OG wives did ALL the income earning while Kody played at gun shows and hung out with his buddies (and then with Robyn). 

I think the 3 ladies prefer the MLM work because they can set their own hours, take time off when they like, put in as much or as little effort as they want/need, and if they work really hard to be successful, they get to go on lots of fun trips. They may also have more than 1 MLM going on at a time to keep money coming in, and now with David's help, Christine is able to get into another revenue generating gig with this AirBnB (hats off to her for not just sitting on her butt now that she married a well-off guy; she's continuing with her MLM plus branching out into other money-making avenues to secure her future and help her family).

• Like 8
  • Useful 4

They did all have jobs (except Robyn - she's too pretty to cook work) during the first couple of seasons of SW.  I'm thinking Kody figured that since they were famous and all, either the income from the show would support them or that they could start a multitude of businesses using their name as clout (MSWC, the gym, Strive With Janelle, etc).  We know they were capable of holding down regular jobs, but instead they moved into MLMs using their names to get ahead, which does seem to have worked for them - but I would love to see how deep in debt they currently are, and how tangled up they still are to each other as far as finances go.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Meri also started in an MLM and now here's Christine and Janelle, involved in a different MLM and have been equally if not more successful than Meri.

If, like me, you spend way too much time trolling the social media accounts of reality "stars", you will see they are all selling the same things. I suspect certain businesses and brands are friendlier to the reality people than others. 

And real estate investing is a good deal if you have the cash to buy and you choose a good location. I don't know anything about where Christine or Meri's properties are located.

I am super curious if this new house is in Christine's name, or David's name, or both. And who put the money down on the down payment.

• Like 6
On 12/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, Teri313 said:

And it really devastated him. He wanted to stay behind, but they wouldn't let him. They forced him to make the move to Flagstaff. And Kody was a heartless dick about the whole thing. It was hard to watch.

I agree, I felt so bad for Gabe. Can you imagine if it was Robyn's son that was involved in something that meant alot to him, I know Kody and Robyn wouldn't force her kids to up and move and give up their whole lives like they did continuously with the other kids. The favoritism is disgusting!!

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2024 at 7:38 PM, mythoughtis said:

I actually think it’s a great marketing ploy to mention Sister Wives.  After all, fans are the ones most likely to book the place- which probably will be overpriced.  

Rght, I think this is the primary way Meri gets her guests, out in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, kimaken said:

Janelle worked in real estate, although I don't know how active of an agent she was or if she mainly worked in the office. Christine, too, worked in real estate for awhile with Janelle

The only time Janelle worked in real estate was in Las Vegas, and people who have seen her have reported that she wasn't very effecitve. She used to stay in the corner of the open houses, fiddling with her phone, didn't interact much with potential clients.

Christine, who passed her real estate exam on the second attempt, didn't work in real estate at all (at least she didn't AFTER she got her licence). I remember how appalled she was that she was expected to work evenings and weekends. I mean, what was she thinking? No way she wasn't aware that real estate isn't quite a 9 to 5, weekends off, job, right?

• Like 11

I sure hope she refrains from putting these articles on the bedroom walls. Looking at Kody's face first thing in the morning isn't my idea of an ideal start in the day.

Screenshot_20240225_144259_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 4
20 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

She has GOT to be kidding with this.  Are there honestly people who would rent a place to see hacked up magazines pasted to the walls?  Is this some sort of prank?

Tacky, tacky, tacky. 

Would rather wake up to Janelle's flaming ass stallions.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

To "decorate" the walls with all that SW crap is indeed tacky.  Why not just make a scrapbook with it, and put it in the reading room aka bathroom?  😜

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Tacky, tacky, tacky. 

Haha, me too!  Ass-fire will never get old!

• Like 11
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

To "decorate" the walls with all that SW crap is indeed tacky.  Why not just make a scrapbook with it, and put it in the reading room aka bathroom?  😜

I suggested the scrapbook back when we first heard of this really bad idea. But you got the location so much better! I suggested coffee table, but bathroom is so much more appropriate!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Elodia said:

I sure hope she refrains from putting these articles on the bedroom walls. Looking at Kody's face first thing in the morning isn't my idea of an ideal start in the day.

Screenshot_20240225_144259_Gallery.jpg

Unless his picture was in the middle of a dartboard.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I suggested the scrapbook back when we first heard of this really bad idea. But you got the location so much better! I suggested coffee table, but bathroom is so much more appropriate!!

I suppose those articles are more likely to inspire a good shit than they are to inspire a good cup of morning coffee.

• LOL 13
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I suppose those articles are more likely to inspire a good shit than they are to inspire a good cup of morning coffee.

I was thinking the newspaper articles on Kootie would make good ass wipe like in the olden days.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

NEVER

• Like 6

Trying to imagine a conversation where Christine and David buy a rental and she asks him if they can decorate it with pictures of the man who made her life a living hell for 25 years...but I have the feeling that Dave was probably on board because I don't think he would be so noble as to turn away money from fans of SW.

It's just gross to me because I don't think they need to tie this house to SW in order to get renters.  If you're a fan of Christine, it's enough to say you stayed in her AirBnB if that's what rocks your boat.  Who needs to stare into Kody's beady eyes while you're sitting at the counter eating your corn flakes?  It's not the flex you think it is, Christine.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

Absolutely agree they don't need/shouldn't advertise SW at all to get occupants.  If Christine feels the need to put together collages of articles on the walls, why not articles about Moab? There are a lot of beautiful places to hike or walk/stroll, and gorgeous scenery all around. I am sure there are historical articles she could find to put up on the walls about the area. This would get people interested in seeing the area and also returning to see other things they didn't have time for in the first trip.

If they think Christine/SW might be some kind of a draw, just put up one of their wedding photos with the gorgeous red rock background. They could title it Christine Brown's and David Woolley's wedding. People coming just because it is Christine's will know her from the photo and can take a pix of that, if they really feel the need for verification they stayed there. SW's notoriety is not going to last years and years, where the scenery and history of the area will!  Plan ahead people...

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I turn pictures of Jesus & Kenny Loggins Jesus to face the wall if I happen to stay in a place that hangs them up. I'd go a step further and put pics of Kootie in a drawer or closet.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
On 2/20/2024 at 9:59 AM, kimaken said:

Didn't Meri have a regular job (I think in a counselling center--not sure what her position was, probably clerical/admin?) in Utah before/as the show started, but because of the show she was "let go" because the office didn't want her private lifestyle newly made public to reflect badly on the office. Also, Janelle worked in real estate, although I don't know how active of an agent she was or if she mainly worked in the office. Christine, too, worked in real estate for awhile with Janelle--again, not sure what exactly she did, if she showed houses or did clerical work in the office, AND didn't Christine work a part-time evening job while the kids were young? She cared for the kids all day and then worked part-time somewhere in the evenings, if I recall correctly. Seems the 3OG wives did ALL the income earning while Kody played at gun shows and hung out with his buddies (and then with Robyn). 

I think the 3 ladies prefer the MLM work because they can set their own hours, take time off when they like, put in as much or as little effort as they want/need, and if they work really hard to be successful, they get to go on lots of fun trips. They may also have more than 1 MLM going on at a time to keep money coming in, and now with David's help, Christine is able to get into another revenue generating gig with this AirBnB (hats off to her for not just sitting on her butt now that she married a well-off guy; she's continuing with her MLM plus branching out into other money-making avenues to secure her future and help her family).

David has money?  Who knew!!!

• Wink 1
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

David has money?  Who knew!!!

Anyone who Googles "David Woolley"; just be sure to find the one who married Christine Brown.... He's not a billionaire, but he does own a construction business as well as some real estate. Christine probably looked him up--not accusing her of being a gold-digger--but given how Kody ran the family, bringing in little money himself (except for the TLC bucks) and expecting the 3OG wives to earn money for the family coffers, I think Christine would have looked for a man who works/has a career and isn't expecting her to be the primary income earner.

• Like 11
On 2/20/2024 at 4:59 PM, kimaken said:

Didn't Meri have a regular job (I think in a counselling center--not sure what her position was, probably clerical/admin?) in Utah before/as the show started, but because of the show she was "let go" because the office didn't want her private lifestyle newly made public to reflect badly on the office. Also, Janelle worked in real estate, although I don't know how active of an agent she was or if she mainly worked in the office. Christine, too, worked in real estate for awhile with Janelle--again, not sure what exactly she did,

Kody Meri and Janelle all worked pre- Sister Wives.

Meri had lots of different jobs and said she would regularly quit jobs to simply join Kody whenever he went on business trips (Janelle was never invited) She worked part time for a trophy engraving business when Sister Wives aired and was then asked to resign.

The MLMs were never addressed in the show. Don't know when they first started with that. I suppose TLC didn't want them to use the show for cheap and easy marketing, which makes sense.

Janelle worked fulltime in sales when SW aired. I don't think she quit until they left Lehi, but am not sure about this. Both she and Christine then got their real estate license but I don't think Janelle did more than attempting to sell the Vegas homes. As far as I remember, Christine didn't do anything at all with it.

As for Christine: This is confusing. They always said she cared for all of the kids on a full time basis while the others were out working. But there's also the story of her working at night where Aspyn had to look after the others. (I believe that was connected to something about Kody who never really seemed to care much for his kids with Christine. Not even when they apparently were home alone. 

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, LilyD said:

The MLMs were never addressed in the show. Don't know when they first started with that. I suppose TLC didn't want them to use the show for cheap and easy marketing, which makes sense.

They sold LIV products (another MLM) marketing gig) before the show started. They never addressed it directly but there were times the product was prominently displayed on a kitchen counter.

When Aspyn expressed concern about Truley being dehydrated, Kody casually told her to give Truley some LIV water.

• Like 3
On 3/3/2024 at 5:34 PM, LilyD said:

As for Christine: This is confusing. They always said she cared for all of the kids on a full time basis while the others were out working. But there's also the story of her working at night where Aspyn had to look after the others. (I believe that was connected to something about Kody who never really seemed to care much for his kids with Christine. Not even when they apparently were home alone. 

Christine was the primary caregiver of the kids during the day, but did work nights at a grocery store as one of the people who cleans up the rotten produce. This job wasn’t full time though. (Not to negate how hard it is taking care of kids and then working at night.)

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 2/25/2024 at 9:19 AM, Sandy W said:

Tacky, tacky, tacky. 

Don’t forget Janelle’s cowboy boot lamp or did I make that up 😂 almost everyone in this family has tacky taste 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

It was resin. Surely if thay was her taste, it would not have been too hard to find a pair of well worn cowboy boots in a thrift shop. At least that would have been authentic.

She could have had some bonding time with Meri and they could have made the conversion to lamps quite easily.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It was resin. Surely if thay was her taste, it would not have been too hard to find a pair of well worn cowboy boots in a thrift shop. At least that would have been authentic.

She could have had some bonding time with Meri and they could have made the conversion to lamps quite easily.

Absolutely.  I'm not crafty at all and I learned how to make a cardboard tube covered with old wallpaper into a lamp.

• Like 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She should invite Meri over and say... I can look at the mountains anytime I want.

What was funny is that you could see Meri's favourite mountain from Christine's backyard in Flagstaff, which was ~1 km closer to the mountain.  No need to dill with the family at Coyote Pass. 

Edited by Denize
  • Like 7

IDK why it made me sad to see that Christine posted that she made Garrison's favorite breakfast today - mock tapioca pudding - tinted green for St. Patricks. Seems like it's a cream of wheat based dessert, but I definitely remember it from the show as being the older kids' favorite that Christine used to make for them - teenage Logan going on about how Christine would make a stock pot full and the kids just loved it. Her post mentions that they're working on grieving while still trying to embrace daily life and holidays - this will probably be the balance for them for the rest of their lives, esp. for Janelle and Christine. It's just sad.

• Like 9
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 2
On 3/3/2024 at 5:53 PM, Absolom said:

Janelle had a state civil service job while they lived in Lehi. She had a pension and benefits.

Benefits meaning medical insurance only for her 6 children, right ?

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Benefits meaning medical insurance only for her 6 children, right ?

Yet, didn't Kootie say that Maddie's appendectomy cost them a year's payments?

🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

I ran into a short video of Christine thanking fans today and saying she only knows how to cope by "doing her job" at posting on social media. Not sure if it was TikTok or something else, it was on Facebook.

Kind of sad, really.  That's all you have in your life?  Airing your life to strangers?

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Not sure if it was TikTok or something else, it was on Facebook.

She posted it on her Instagram. To me it’s sad because it would seem it was in response to awful comments she has gotten from strangers, telling her she’s not mourning properly. People are awful.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

I see both sides of the coin. I don't think anyone should comment on their pages - and I don't think anyone should directly tell them how to live their lives and mourn. We should all stay in our own lane. Meri was ripped apart recently too for attempting a social media return. Awful "fans."

At the same time (and I would never say it to them), knowing the gravity of this terrible tragedy - and seeing them post about things like menopause and how plexus helps menopause (gag), and silly little trivial day to day things... I don't know. The general flow is off now.

I think for me it just highlights some of the problems with social media in general - especially when it is your "job." It's just really hard to mesh real life with social media life. And surely there are other coping tools that might be more therapeutic? I feel sad if they feel like they always have to keep up appearances. Literally sold themselves for public consumption.

But if that helps them.. so be it. 

• Like 9

I am reserving judgement here because there is no right way to grieve.  Some people need to make public statements and some need to keep things private.  Some people say that having to return to their job was the only thing that got them through a time of mourning because it gave them a reason to get out of bed in the morning.  Whether we like it or not, social media is Christine's job.  I'm glad it's not my job.

Having said that, I can't give her or any of the other Plexus pushers a pass on all the absurd claims they make.  Sometimes those claims are irresponsible like saying it cures psoriatic arthritis or increases milk production while breastfeeding.  Christine can grieve how she wants, but that doesn't absolve her from being called out for selling this snake oil.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1