Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I wanted to bring something over here that was being discussed on the Mykelti thread regarding Christine's social media post recognizing Mykelti for being the first of her children to accept David.

First full disclaimer.  I am thrilled that Christine ditched that ramen headed fool and that she has gotten to experience having a man that loves her and actually wants to marry her.  I hope things go well for them and that she isn't just looking at this through rose colored glasses.  Christine is pretty immature and doesn't always have the best judgement, but I don't wish her ill.

That being said, this post really got on my nerves.  First there's Truley.  This poor girl has been through it the past few years.  First, she was the last person to know about Christine's plans to leave Kody and move to Utah when she was the one who was going to be most affected by those plans.  Then she had to find out by overhearing Christine talking about it on the phone.  I get that Christine wanted to have Kody there with her to tell Truley, but she should have known what an a$$ Kody is and that he would avoid doing it.  She should have stepped up.  Was she going to wait until the moving truck arrived?  Then she filmed telling Truley that they were leaving in two weeks or something and wanted her to discuss her feelings on camera.  Truley did the right thing and walked away and gave her nothing. 

Then the poor kid has to manage online school while Christine galivants around and finally settles in the townhouse.  So, Truley finally gets to go to in-person school and only a few months later, Christine trots out the new love of her life and Truley is just supposed to turn handsprings over him.  I can't imagine how uncomfortable that was.

As for the other kids, I can imagine they were pretty reserved around David because they wanted to be sure he wasn't some scammer who was going to take advantage of their mother.  I would imagine Aspyn particularly wanted to check him out before getting too close to him.  This is all normal stuff that any of us would do if we saw our parent rushing into a relationship with someone who was a virtual stranger.  

If Christine was trying to make amends to Mykelti by that post, it backfired on the rest of her kids.  She just needs to stop with the public displays and start figuring out how to live day to day with David.   

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I think Christine just chose her words poorly (in her Mykelti post) and when she realized it, she deleted/edited them.  Happens to the best of us.  

I agree.  Christine doesn't always think before she posts, so it is entirely understandable that she wouldn't realize how that came across.  I think it just rubbed me wrong because I really feel for Truley.  That child has been through it with both her parents.  I hope Mitch can help her learn to ride a bike including making sure she has one that is the right size for her.  

• Like 18
On 12/14/2023 at 5:22 AM, Orcinus orca said:

Christine pretty much said that she'd stay if he kept with with his "marital duties".  I don't see her as the liberated woman that others do. 

I don't see this as Christine being less 'liberated'. Although she was very unhappy moving to Flagstaff instead of Utah, she went because was devoted to kody and hoped for a new start, just as Meri did. She had no intention of ever being divorced.

COVID highlighted kody's failures as a husband and father, and as a family leader. When she saw it was him and Robin managing the rest of them from their mansion, she realized the jig was up. Having the strength to pack up and leave is incredible, given she's only ever known polygamy and has seen wives be shuffled to second-class citizens. So yeah, I believe she's liberated herself, meaning she's free to do as she wishes.

5 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh, I was afraid it was yet another murder. That's the one from 2019.

Here's the Sun article URL: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/10119809/sister-wives-christine-brown-husband-niece-children-murdered-mexico/

There's a Wikipedia page on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeBarón_and_Langford_families_massacre

I remember reading about this event when it happened. I was incredulous that these monsters just shoot at random vehicles. How sad for David's family.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

Caleb looks like he has some top hair in that Waffle House photo. I only comment on it, because in recent years, whenever we've caught brief sight of him, he's either been wearing a baseball cap, or he's been bald. 

Compare this photo from Christine's wedding to the Waffle House photo. (He maybe shaved his head for Christine's wedding. I can't tell.) There's visible hair under the crown.

Sister Wives Christine's Wedding Janelle's Crew.jpg

Sister Wives Waffle House Maddie Caleb Kids Truely Christine David Chef.jpg

• Like 8
27 minutes ago, General Days said:

Caleb looks like he has some top hair in that Waffle House photo. I only comment on it, because in recent years, whenever we've caught brief sight of him, he's either been wearing a baseball cap, or he's been bald. 

Compare this photo from Christine's wedding to the Waffle House photo. (He maybe shaved his head for Christine's wedding. I can't tell.) There's visible hair under the crown.

Sister Wives Christine's Wedding Janelle's Crew.jpg

Sister Wives Waffle House Maddie Caleb Kids Truely Christine David Chef.jpg

Looks like he shaves it. I can see a "5 o'clock shadow" on his skull in the wedding photo.

• Like 13

Well, good for them! They will make $$ there in Moab that is for sure. Unlike Lizzie's in Parowan, Moab is a busy tourist area in the Summer and Fall at least. I don't know about Winter and Spring, I haven't been there that time of year. But my guess it is busy then too.

Late DH and I hiked there almost every year on our vacations. Even if Moab was just en-route to our final destination.

• Like 16
17 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Well, good for them! They will make $$ there in Moab that is for sure. Unlike Lizzie's in Parowan, Moab is a busy tourist area in the Summer and Fall at least. I don't know about Winter and Spring, I haven't been there that time of year. But my guess it is busy then too.

Late DH and I hiked there almost every year on our vacations. Even if Moab was just en-route to our final destination.

Moab is super popular with adventure athletes. That said, Christine, it's a peek, not a peak. Just because the words rhyme doesn't mean they're spelled the same.

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
(edited)

Description of the rental: (it’s long so I used spoiler tag)

Spoiler

House rules

Check-in after 3:00 PM

Checkout before 10:00 AM

8 guests maximum

About this space

Enjoy Moab-3 bdrm Villa-NO CHORES!! Sleeps 8, 3 bedrooms, 4 beds, 2 ½ bathrooms. Fans of TLC’s hit show, Sister Wives, unite! Owned by Sister Wives star, Christine Brown-Woolley and her husband, David, you can enjoy this beautiful and peaceful townhome in Moab, Utah! Peruse the collection of news articles, magazine articles and family photos. This villa boasts beautiful rim views and starry skies, complete with a two-car garage, seasonal community pool and hot tub, and high-speed Wi-Fi.

The space

The Kitchen

This well-appointed kitchen offers everything you need to create tantalizing delights from the simplest meals to the gourmet. It includes a full set of Temptations (from Christine’s personal kitchen) dishes, pots and pans, glassware, silverware, extensive cooking utensils, Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio Coffee Machine (uses pods for single use or regular coffee for full pot), InstaPot, electric mixer, blender, toaster, rice cooker, boil kettle, microwave, and range and oven. This unit also has a dishwasher for your daily use.

No need to bring your highchair. We have one for you!

The Patio

Natural gas for outdoor grill.

The Living Room

Located downstairs, the living room offers a comfortable sectional sofa and a 55” smart TV for relaxation. Come inside after your day of exploring and curl up and watch a movie as you unwind and prepare for your upcoming adventures.

Downstairs also holds the half bathroom for guests to utilize without encroaching on others’ privacy.

Master Bedroom

The Master bedroom is located downstairs. It hosts a king-sized bed with memory foam pad on a hybrid mattress and smart TV. There is also a desk and chair with a printer you can use! (Just bring your own laptop.) En suite bathroom holds two sinks and a shower (no tub).

The bathroom is fully stocked with plenty of bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.

Toiletries offered: make-up remover wipes, body lotion, hand and body wash, shampoo, and conditioner.

Guest Bedrooms

The two guest bedrooms are located upstairs. They both hold queen-sized beds with memory foam pads on hybrid mattresses and smart TVs.

Upstairs Bathroom

The upstairs bathroom is a full bath, with one sink and a full shower/tub combo.

The bathroom is fully stocked with plenty of bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.

Toiletries offered: make-up remover wipes, body lotion, hand and body wash, shampoo, and conditioner.

The Upper Room

AKA “The Den”. Located upstairs. Holds a queen-sized memory foam sleeper sofa and a 65” smart TV.

Extra bedding and pillows for sleeper sofa will be provided.

Miscellaneous

Full-size washer and dryer available for your use.
Wi-Fi is available for your use.
Cable TV is also available.
Pool towels and toys included.
Portable playpen and highchair will be provided.
A selection of board games, cards, and reading material will be available for you.
Guests have access to all resort amenities: seasonal pool and hot tub, tennis court, and basketball court.

**SPECIAL NOTE: To safeguard all of our guests, we do not allow pets on the property.**

Guest access

Guest will have access to the entire house except for the locked supply closets.

.The fact she mentions Sister Wives makes me cringe.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I actually think it’s a great marketing ploy to mention Sister Wives.  After all, fans are the ones most likely to book the place- which probably will be overpriced.  
I also think someone else wrote the description.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

There's that ugly brown pleather furniture!

First thing I noticed! The smaller couch in the "den" area looks like it was used by Christine and her kids at one time.

• Like 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Wow, it comes supplied with a toaster...😳

Sounds like it is full of excess stuff from before her wedding gifts rolled in.  I wonder if it will be that big red toaster?

Edited by Denize
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

First thing I noticed! The smaller couch in the "den" area looks like it was used by Christine and her kids at one time.

Sure maybe some of the furnishings may be from their homes jointly. Isn't an Airbnb supposed to be a regular person's home that they open up for rentals? It isn't supposed to be a 5 star hotel after all.  And for a rental, the darker furniture is more practical as it won't show any dirt as easily.

I'd stay there, it looks like a nice Airbnb, great location. I'd stay there loooong before I'd ever stay at Lizzie's!!  I don't have to read any of the supplied material they choose to leave out, SW associated or not.

I think they have wisely set themselves up for a great money stream. (Quirky decorating or not!)

• Like 16

Just like with everything else the Sister Wives grifters try to sell, its going to be a hard NO from me. I am curious about what they will try to charge though.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I saw Christine's AirBnB post on IG, and someone commented that the walls looked too bare.  She responded that she's "put up framed articles about her family on the walls!  And you'll have to come and see them!"

I mean, is David cool with that?  So, what - you rent her place and you get to read articles about her divorce or something?  I'm fine with her advertising her place for rent, and it's in a pretty cool location (unlike Parowan), but I feel like using her family's "fame" for wall decor is a bit strange.  I supposed there are huge SW fans who will rent it just because it's Christine's but I don't know that she even needs to connect her Z-list family with it for it to make a profit, idk.

Although it's probably making Kody hopping mad, so maybe I am OK with it. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I saw Christine's AirBnB post on IG, and someone commented that the walls looked too bare.  She responded that she's "put up framed articles about her family on the walls!  And you'll have to come and see them!"

I mean, is David cool with that?  So, what - you rent her place and you get to read articles about her divorce or something?  I'm fine with her advertising her place for rent, and it's in a pretty cool location (unlike Parowan), but I feel like using her family's "fame" for wall decor is a bit strange.  I supposed there are huge SW fans who will rent it just because it's Christine's but I don't know that she even needs to connect her Z-list family with it for it to make a profit, idk.

Although it's probably making Kody hopping mad, so maybe I am OK with it. 

Anyone willing to rent her place BECAUSE she is Christine Brown already has seen the articles or knows about them.  Unless she gives previously unknown deets, that isn't gonna reel them in .

• Like 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She responded that she's "put up framed articles about her family on the walls!  And you'll have to come and see them!"

No, no I won't want to come and see them.  No way, no how. 

How freaking narcissistic can you be, Sparkle?  Grow the hell up and act like an adult.

• Like 14
14 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She'd be far better off to put some of Janelle's ass fire horses on the walls  At least they better fit the area. If she "has" to show off her "family photos" just put them in an album for the coffee table.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 2/16/2024 at 9:32 AM, laurakaye said:

She responded that she's "put up framed articles about her family on the walls!  And you'll have to come and see them!"

Ugh, so tacky.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

The B&B kitchen supplied with Temptations dishes, and possibly bakeware, is not a selling point for me.  I threw out all the Temptations I had.  It chips badly, and I had a baker crack in the oven.  I had a huge chicken juice mess in the oven and on the floor.  The brand is sold on QVC, and the quality is very poor, in my opinion.  I thought it was strange that she would mention this by brand name.  It is not anything special, and is sub par.  Just go back and look at some of Janelle's "food" pictures.  The plates and dishes are usually chipped.  Those dishes are Temptations.

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

Christine can make money the best way she knows how, but I do wonder if the folks on her downline and/or buying this crap realize how many vacays their overpriced purchases have helped pay for over the years?  It just amazes me.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Christine can make money the best way she knows how, but I do wonder if the folks on her downline and/or buying this crap realize how many vacays their overpriced purchases have helped pay for over the years?  It just amazes me.

And some people are very happy to do so. It's the same as buying a "name" article of clothing that a celebrity is hawking. IOW, were Calvin Klein or Gloria Vanderbilt's jeans that much better than Levi's or Lee's?? I don't think so.

• Like 12
7 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

And some people are very happy to do so. It's the same as buying a "name" article of clothing that a celebrity is hawking. IOW, were Calvin Klein or Gloria Vanderbilt's jeans that much better than Levi's or Lee's?? I don't think so.

I was going to say the same thing!  There are people out there that "have to have" the "name" brand, no matter what the item or whose name it is. If they think it makes them appear so "with it/in the know", more power to the person selling whatever the item is (in some cases questionable stuff, I agree). MLM sales is not an easy job, why shouldn't they reap the benefits? Just the same as the people @Soapy Goddess mentioned.  Personally I wouldn't buy anything just for the "name" brand/seller. But that is just me...

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

I was going to say the same thing!  There are people out there that "have to have" the "name" brand, no matter what the item or whose name it is. If they think it makes them appear so "with it/in the know", more power to the person selling whatever the item is (in some cases questionable stuff, I agree). MLM sales is not an easy job, why shouldn't they reap the benefits? Just the same as the people @Soapy Goddess mentioned.  Personally I wouldn't buy anything just for the "name" brand/seller. But that is just me...

It's a sad commentary on what is wrong with people's priorities these days, isn't it?  I'm not saying we need to donate all of our worldly goods but 1/3 of US children have food insecurity.  Think of how much food could be purchased and donated to a food bank with the difference paid for name brand crap vs generic.

I used to volunteer "ringing the bell" for the Salvation Army every Christmas outside an upscale grocery store. People carrying $7 cups of fancy coffee would ignore me or blow me off with a sneer walking by.  I was so tempted to say something but that was frowned on.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

I used to volunteer "ringing the bell" for the Salvation Army every Christmas outside an upscale grocery store. People carrying $7 cups of fancy coffee would ignore me or blow me off with a sneer walking by.  I was so tempted to say something but that was frowned on.

I know what you mean! Some people are almost rude to the bell ringers. Makes me mad. I don't carry cash at all any more, just debit and credit card. When there is a bell ringer outside I will get a $5 cash back on my sale and put it in the kettle on my way out. Every time I go to a store and there is one there, I do the same.  I don't have much disposable income, but that much I can do happily.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't carry cash at all any more, just debit and credit card.

Neither do I. I always put my bottle return receipt in the kettle; it's not much but better than nothing and it's a small town so easy for them to cash in.  And I save all of my loose change for a year and find a kettle for it.  Again, not much but every little bit helps.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
32 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Neither do I. I always put my bottle return receipt in the kettle; it's not much but better than nothing and it's a small town so easy for them to cash in.  And I save all of my loose change for a year and find a kettle for it.  Again, not much but every little bit helps.

I don’t remember seeing any bell ringers around here this year. We did have many organizations doing food/clothing/toy drives this year though…

• Like 2

I would put Christine Brown's "name brand" on the same level as the Jaclyn Smith collection at Kmart. And the articles on the walls are tacky, but the Browns have always been tacky, so it fits their target audience. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Hmmm, back in the day I could ROCK a pair of GV's. All I can rock now is a hammock.  

I got a pair from a thrift store and they fit me perfectly back in the day! But I usually wore a shirt or sweater long enough to cover the logo. I now stay away from hammocks too - they are hard to get in or out of without landing on the ground.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4