Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

On 2/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Kody and Robyn are going to have to be visibly agonized to keep me tuning in.

Fixed it for you. 😉

I want to see footage of Kody and Robyn having to sell their mansion and move into a pop-up camper on Coyote Pass, right next to the Plague Pond.  I want to see Robyn's mega garage sale, where she tearfully lets go of her massive Precious Moments collection.  I want to see Kody stomp around wearing his visor and work gloves, wondering where it all went wrong for him, because surely none of this could be his fault.  It's those crazy pesky emotional women who agreed to marry him in the first place.

And then I want Sister Wives to end, with a one-season show following Janelle and Christine - "Sister Wives: Happiness After Kody."  Maybe Meri can make a cameo for the heck of it.  Then, these people can all fade away.  But these threads have to stay active. :)  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Fixed it for you. 😉

I want to see footage of Kody and Robyn having to sell their mansion and move into a pop-up camper on Coyote Pass, right next to the Plague Pond.  I want to see Robyn's mega garage sale, where she tearfully lets go of her massive Precious Moments collection.  I want to see Kody stomp around wearing his visor and work gloves, wondering where it all went wrong for him, because surely none of this could be his fault.  It's those crazy pesky emotional women who agreed to marry him in the first place.

And then I want Sister Wives to end, with a one-season show following Janelle and Christine - "Sister Wives: Happiness After Kody."  Maybe Meri can make a cameo for the heck of it.  Then, these people can all fade away.  But these threads have to stay active. :)  

For Ari and Sol's sake, I would prefer them to have a small mobile home down by the pond. They are still children and none of this is their fault. But I'm here for everything else you said! Make it so, TLC!

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

For Ari and Sol's sake, I would prefer them to have a small mobile home down by the pond. They are still children and none of this is their fault. But I'm here for everything else you said! Make it so, TLC!

They can use Janelle's blueprints and build that small home. K&R will have to sleep in the garages.

Janelle can buy the mansion and it can be the Brown hub for all gatherings.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Fixed it for you. 😉

Ha! I did laugh, but it doesn't fix it for me.

I don't feel the kind of anger at Robyn that I do at Kody. I see bad and good things all of the wives have done, but they're victims of this system. Robyn is just better at playing the shitty little game, but they all tried to play, in their own ways.

I'm a broken record on this, but polygamy is the real villain here, and Kody is its minion.

I think polygamy probably can work as a family structure for some people. These people are not those people, and this family did not have a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming people for whom polygamy works, with Kody Brown at the so-called "head" of it.

In the early seasons, the wives used to talk a lot about how polygamy makes you better, because it smoothes out the rough spots in a person (and by that, they meant women, not men). That might be true for wives, but in Kody's case, it just made him worse and worse. None of his flaws were mitigated by it; they were magnified by it.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I give Robyn way, way less of a pass. She came into the Brown marriage much older than the OG3 did. She also had a previous marriage that included kids. Robyn was at least 10 years older. The OG3 were very young and naïve, as was Kody. Robyn also had the benefit of observing the established Brown family in action before she jumped onboard. So many advantages the OG3 didn't have.

It makes me think Robyn spent time seeing everyone's weaknesses and then she pounced when things weren't going her way.

Couldn’t agree with you more! I’m sure many of us know how our take on relationships change as we grow older. You learn from past mistakes, look for things that really matter to you, which goes beyond looks, cool stuff and sweet-talking. That’s where Robyn was. She needed someone she could love and provide her and her kids with a better life and future than she had. Though I’d like to point out that Janelle hd been married before, so she was slightly ‘wiser’ and more mature too. Not sure if polygamy can be considered wiser, but at least she knew well what she wanted. I suspect she’d still be in it if Kody had been less of a jerk. She didn’t seem too unhappy with a fairly independent life.

Meri and Christine married young, straight out of their mother’s arms. They did what they were taught to do and probably married the first guy they had a crush on. They probably had no idea what to look for in a good husband nor what to expect of a relationship in general, let alone a marriage!

Robyn had a clear advantage here and really knew what she was doing. There’s no way she’d signed up if they were still in that trailer where Meri, Kody and Janelle were in the beginning!

• Like 19
19 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

They can buy the one Janelle has 😂. Robyn will have to get a JOB to cover the payments.

Additionally, the other wives, even Meri, are happily moving on while Kody and the Dark Queen — now having lost the incomes of the other wives — struggle, lose their house and have to take a loan to buy Janelles trailer (the very trailer Kody refused to stay in). 

I’d watch the shit out of that storyline. Everyone has big homes but ROBYN, whose treacherous long-game failed her — how fitting that Robyn should (hypothetically) end up back in a trailer with a man prone to tantrums. They way she has behaved the last decade, she’d be deserving of the karma. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

This might be the one that Dayton is living in.  Maybe Janelle realized it was too much trouble and Kody finished paying for it and kept it.

You are more optimistic than I am!  I'm thinking Janelle is still paying to store the thing.  Naturally, Sobbyn wouldn't want to make her precious Day-Un stay in that "used" RV.  I doubt Kootie would make the offer to pay something off for Janelle, knowing that she won't (hopefully!) be sharing finances with them, and funding Sobbyn's reported shopping addiction.  Just speculating here.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

The show will carry on because the majority of viewers want drama and something to bitch about online. Till the Brown's want to stop, TLC will keep going. It makes them and the Browns money.

All the posters wanted a spin off for Christine or Janelle or both, it wouldn't be as successful as SW.

The public likes drama and loves snarking. They'd very quickly lose interest in watching the SW have nice lives and new boyfriends unless the boyfriends end up to be not what they seemed to promised.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
On 2/16/2023 at 10:40 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

It would hurt my feelings if my father said that about a new relationship after my mother passed away.  

But that's assuming their mom was amazing and loving to them all (and I'm not saying she wasn't, I don't know them.) 

Tbf, I'm basing this on my sister. She got married at age 55 to a widower she met on eHarmony. He has 6 grown kids, and every single one of them were thrilled for their dad, because their mom was a controlling, mean, rageful wife and mother. 

Not saying that's true in this case.. but we don't really know that the kids are upset that he is happy with Christine. Or maybe the late wife was great, but they're happy their dad isn't lonely anymore.

Just a thought.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 18
14 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

But that's assuming their mom was amazing and loving to them all (and I'm not saying she wasn't, I don't know them.) 

I am not assuming the mom was amazing ... I am assuming that even if she was not amazing, her kids may still have loved her.   Kids love rotten mothers all the time and it can be painful to hear even well-deserved criticism of them.   And however subtle David's comment was, it clearly seemed (to me) be an obvious and vaguely disparaging reference to his marriage.  I just wonder why he felt the need to go there ... 

14 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Not saying that's true in this case.. but we don't really know that the kids are upset that he is happy with Christine. Or maybe the late wife was great, but they're happy their dad isn't lonely anymore.

I didn't suggest they were upset he is happy with Christine.  I would think (hope) they are glad he is happy. 

I just question the tastefulness of David expressing his happiness the way he did ... I don't think it required making an indirectly negative comparison to the relationship he had with his children's mother.  

It was kind of a poor introduction to him, for me anyway.  Between that and the gushing posts and his apparent eagerness to dive into the world of reality television ... I dunno.  I guess we will all see.

Still here to see Kody suffer, though.  I want FRONT ROW SEATS !!!

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am not assuming the mom was amazing ... I am assuming that even if she was not amazing, her kids may still have loved her.   Kids love rotten mothers all the time and it can be painful to hear even well-deserved criticism of them.   And however subtle David's comment was, it clearly seemed (to me) be an obvious and vaguely disparaging reference to his marriage.  I just wonder why he felt the need to go there ... 

I didn't suggest they were upset he is happy with Christine.  I would think (hope) they are glad he is happy. 

I just question the tastefulness of David expressing his happiness the way he did ... I don't think it required making an indirectly negative comparison to the relationship he had with his children's mother.  

It was kind of a poor introduction to him, for me anyway.  Between that and the gushing posts and his apparent eagerness to dive into the world of reality television ... I dunno.  I guess we will all see.

Still here to see Kody suffer, though.  I want FRONT ROW SEATS !!!

Same. How it must irk him Christine appears so glowy and happy, meanwhile every time we see Robyn she appears overwhelmed, pale and bloated. Even Janelle looks good after Kody (hard to tell with Meri because, filters). 

Common denominator here is KODY. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Same. How it must irk him Christine appears so glowy and happy, meanwhile every time we see Robyn she appears overwhelmed, pale and bloated. Even Janelle looks good after Kody (hard to tell with Meri because, filters)

While watching reruns I noticed that Meri looks greasy. Her hair color is bad, wears too much makeup and has ill fitting clothes.  So one can surmise leaving Kody (Janelle and Christine) has a positive effect on ones countenance while staying with him sucked any sort of appearance of health and happiness right outta them.  Bummer.  🤣

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

While watching reruns I noticed that Meri looks greasy. Her hair color is bad, wears too much makeup and has ill fitting clothes.  So one can surmise leaving Kody (Janelle and Christine) has a positive effect on ones countenance while staying with him sucked any sort of appearance of health and happiness right outta them.  Bummer.  🤣

Greasy is a good description. Greasy and bloated. Out of all of them, Meri seems to be the only one who thought maybe it could work out so the separation may not have had a positive effect on her just yet —but who knows. We can’t tell because, filters. I’ll never understand the mindset of someone who thinks she’s fooling everyone by filtering herself when we all see her for several months a year on TV. 

Christine was already starting to look better before she physically left. I think just making the choice to leave (before she physically did) had a profound effect on her. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto incorrect
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2023 at 5:15 AM, TurtlePower said:

Same. How it must irk him Christine appears so glowy and happy, meanwhile every time we see Robyn she appears overwhelmed, pale and bloated. Even Janelle looks good after Kody (hard to tell with Meri because, filters). 

I just caught up and saw the pic of her and the new beau on the couch: wow, she looks radiant and relaxed!

This is totally crass, but I've suspected that none of the wives ever experienced a big O with Kidney. How could they? He doesn't have the attention span or interest in taking care of anyone but himself. The beatific look on Christine's face suggests she found someone who knows what they're doing in that regard. 

I hope R & K secretly comb through her social media and that her obvious happiness gives them both heartburn.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
10 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

The first time I saw Kody dance - I think it was at a wedding, maybe his and Robyn's - I thought, oh man, he sucks in bed. You can just tell. lol Speedy Gonzalez, looking out for himself. Twirls her around and doesn't care where she lands. Frantic. No thanks!

I've posted this before, but on another forum, someone likened Kootie's dancing to a "chicken having a seizure."  I agree that he's probably lousy in the bedroom.  He may be a two-pump chump!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

It is amazing to me how different the twin boys look.  I realize they are not identical but the one is so much bigger than the other!   I don't mean to make fun or criticize at all ... please don't take it that way.  But I don't think I've ever seen such a difference in size like that.  I am interested in seeing how they look as they grow up.  

And they sure look content and peaceful in Grammy Christine's arms.   Have we ever seen a picture of Kody holding them?  

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It is amazing to me how different the twin boys look.  I realize they are not identical but the one is so much bigger than the other!   I don't mean to make fun or criticize at all ... please don't take it that way.  But I don't think I've ever seen such a difference in size like that.  I am interested in seeing how they look as they grow up.  

And they sure look content and peaceful in Grammy Christine's arms.   Have we ever seen a picture of Kody holding them?  

Mr lookeyloo is a fraternal twin. His brother had to stay in the hospital for a while after they were born because he was so tiny. Granted this was 67 years ago but in adulthood he is still noticeably smaller and they look nothing alike. Even different hair color. So I guess it's a thing and will be interesting to see how these boys look over time. 

• Like 9
On 3/6/2023 at 1:24 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Have you seen the Roloff twins? (LOL I know you have!)

• LOL 6
On 2/20/2023 at 8:03 PM, General Days said:

Ha! I did laugh, but it doesn't fix it for me.

I don't feel the kind of anger at Robyn that I do at Kody. I see bad and good things all of the wives have done, but they're victims of this system. Robyn is just better at playing the shitty little game, but they all tried to play, in their own ways.

I'm a broken record on this, but polygamy is the real villain here, and Kody is its minion.

I think polygamy probably can work as a family structure for some people. These people are not those people, and this family did not have a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming people for whom polygamy works, with Kody Brown at the so-called "head" of it.

In the early seasons, the wives used to talk a lot about how polygamy makes you better, because it smoothes out the rough spots in a person (and by that, they meant women, not men). That might be true for wives, but in Kody's case, it just made him worse and worse. None of his flaws were mitigated by it; they were magnified by it.

I'm with ya. They were all conned that this was a beautiful lifestyle that would make them Christ like. Kodys Mom got sucked into it so sucked the family into it, so Kody came back from his LDS mission to this new family set-up and new version of the religion he'd been brought up in. The true way, the right way that Joseph Smith intended. The chosen people. He went from the unpopular kid at school and the not macho enough son to the twinkly eyed handsome boy in a new church that the girls were crushing on. Heavily influenced or even groomed you could say by Meris parents and Christine's Dad who was the murdered leader of the church's first legal and public son. A patriarch too. 

Meris Mom was the biggest advocate of plural marriage and Meri got married to the popular new convert and according to Christine, they were the hot young couple in the church. Janelle got converted by Meris parents and Kodys Mom and Dad and so did her Mom. 

Christine was a star in the church who got to marry the only man she wanted, and as 3rd wife which she wanted. Her Dad was thrilled, as were Meris Mom and Dad. Christine brushed aside her Moms experience and anyone else who left the church.

And they had a few years of a crumbling facade and drama and pain behind the scenes but a great image in the church. They were it. The perfect polygs. So much so that when Tom Green, Rodney Holm and Warren Jeff's abuses were being publicised, Christine was chosen to be a spokesperson for their church to try and control the narrative.

Then Meri was miserable in a crumbling marriage with sister wives that didn't like her and trying to be the cool wife, and wanting a sister wife on her side, thought it would be a good idea to get Robyn on board. Robyn had an unrealistic view of plural marriage based on the relationship her Mom had with her step-Dad where they lived in different states for years so whenever he was home it was a wonderful reunion cause everyone was on their best behaviour and not wanting to ruin it. Then the scarlet woman getting pregnant out of marriage and in a shitty abusive relationship for years met the Knight on the white charger and the perfect it seemed, polyg family.

They were all so convinced that they were the epitome of the cool polygs, not like those other ones and they wanted fame and money so they hawked their family around looking for a show. They were pick mes. Hi I'm Kody, all these women chose me and I'm not like those other polyg men, my wives are strong independent women and they run the show. Hi I'm Meri, I started this family and approved all these other wives because I wanted plural marriage. Hi I'm Janelle, I work and am logical and not needy like other women, I'm independent and this works great for me. Hi I'm Christine, I got the hottest husband in town as 3rd wife so I smoothed everything out and I wanted to be the stay at home Mom and have sister wives too cos dang, men are hard work yay sisterhood! Hi I'm Robyn. I've been saved by this awesome man and family, I tear up thinking how amazing it is that these wonderful women want me to be as happy as they are.

They were all victims of polygamy in my opinion. But they believed their own naive arrogant bullshit and thought they were gonna show the public just how they weren't like those other polygs and all the benefits of this wonderful lifestyle.

And there are happy plural families. It can work but not very often and not without immense sacrifice. And not with the unrealistic expectations the Browns had. They just weren't a successful plural family and all they did was demonstrate how shitty it can be, even if you're not being forced to marry old men at 14 or being beaten by your husband or having to have a baby every year.

Hate to say it, but I actually gained a teeny bit of respect for Kody in the season before last because he was the only one speaking truth. He was saying I can't advocate for it, it's a failed experiment, we've f-ed this up, it is fundamentally unfair to the women and I can't believe I have done it to myself or to you all. This is shit, it doesn't work.

All the wives got pissed about that but he was spitting facts. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4

I think agree with every single word of your post, @AngelaBassinet. Your narrative very much captures my understanding of the show I've watched for years. 

Toward the end of it you said:

3 hours ago, AngelaBassinet said:

Hate to say it, but I actually gained a teeny bit of respect for Kody in the season before last because he was the only one speaking truth. He was saying I can't advocate for it, it's a failed experiment, we've f-ed this up, it is fundamentally unfair to the women and I can't believe I have done it to myself or to you all. This is shit, it doesn't work.

All the wives got pissed about that but he was spitting facts. 

I didn't gain respect for Kody, because I feel like so many times, something he does or says indicates potential growth, but then he lets me (his family, really) down, again. At this point, I'm trying to tell Charlie Brown-self not to trust Lucy when she tees up the football.

That said, Kody has said some things that make me wonder if he has been in (real) therapy (not with Nancy). Nothing he did in the season 16 or 17 scenes from their lives leads me to believe that, but in the couch segments and the Tell-All episodes, I saw some of what you saw in season 16.

I am trying to figure out if he's just going to disappoint yet again (probably), or if the show is working toward a series finale in which Kody (and even most/all/some of) the wives can say, "We started this show to put another face on the principle of plural marriage, to balance out the taint from the Warren Jeffs of this world, and because we hoped people would see our lives and want some of what we had. What we found in the process, is that this system doesn't work. In fact some of us have left our faith because [of whatever reason]."

• Like 6

Unrelated, but it just made me laugh...

As I scrolled back up to the top of the page, I noticed the site message about how many users are active in this thread. Because of the "is," my brain read the message in Robyn's voice.

ScreenShot2023-03-13at2_21_24PM.thumb.png.3b1aec0813ed294a1ff93e7ad48daf26.png

"4 other users is also here" indeed.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Unrelated, but it just made me laugh...

As I scrolled back up to the top of the page, I noticed the site message about how many users are active in this thread. Because of the "is," my brain read the message in Robyn's voice.

ScreenShot2023-03-13at2_21_24PM.thumb.png.3b1aec0813ed294a1ff93e7ad48daf26.png

"4 other users is also here" indeed.

If it had been Robyn, it would have read "4 other yusers is also here".

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

As happy as I am for Christine, this is wearing thin. The king and queen stuff and oversharing on SM is just too much. And then they've got people who encourage it ("you guys are the good news that just keeps on giving"). I would have loved for her to announce that she found someone and is happy, post a nice photo or two, then leave it at that and slowly weave him into her SM as their relationship progresses. It seems like she only has kids giving her relationship and sharing advice.

12 hours ago, General Days said:

Offered sans comment...

SisterWivesChristineDavidMirrorMessage.thumb.jpg.1b13a252543dc0b09f2576be3307410d.jpg

• Like 16
  • Applause 8
51 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

As happy as I am for Christine, this is wearing thin. The king and queen stuff and oversharing on SM is just too much. And then they've got people who encourage it ("you guys are the good news that just keeps on giving"). I would have loved for her to announce that she found someone and is happy, post a nice photo or two, then leave it at that and slowly weave him into her SM as their relationship progresses. It seems like she only has kids giving her relationship and sharing advice.

Oh hell no, I want Kody to experience a knife in the kidney every time. 

• LOL 23

As tired as I am of “We’re in luvvvvve!!!” if Christine really wanted to stick a knife in Kody’s kidneys, she’d have video of her and David doing this

money-rain.gif

Or

camila-cabello-making-it-rain.gif

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Christine ever left Kody love notes on the bathroom mirror?

I hope she didn't waste the effort.  I'm pretty sure I saw that Kootie left Sobbyn one, in some earlier episode.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I have a pretty high tolerance for this sort of thing, but it's wearing thin for me, too. I get they think the king and queen thing is cool, but to me it's kinda gross.

This is so teeny bopper that I can't even bother. I bet their kids are as embarrassed as all get out.  I bet Christine dots her i's with litte hearts.  Barf.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Christine ever left Kody love notes on the bathroom mirror?

Nah, remember Kody never showered in her bathroom?

Christine's posts seem almost obviously cryptic. Notes in the bathroom that Kody never used. Dancing in the kitchen - showing affection and not swinging her around like a rag doll. And then the whole queen/king - a step up from basement wife. She also posted memory pictures from when Truely was in the hospital. I seriously doubt Kody is on instagram so she's just pandering to the audience. And yes of course, teenage love is also exciting! (sarcasm intended!).

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Nah, remember Kody never showered in her bathroom?

Christine's posts seem almost obviously cryptic. Notes in the bathroom that Kody never used. Dancing in the kitchen - showing affection and not swinging her around like a rag doll. And then the whole queen/king - a step up from basement wife. She also posted memory pictures from when Truely was in the hospital. I seriously doubt Kody is on instagram so she's just pandering to the audience. And yes of course, teenage love is also exciting! (sarcasm intended!).

Yes a love note in the master bathroom sends the clear message that Christine is "officially divorced". But like you said, her intended audience probably isn't seeing them.

I was over Christine's love antics the minute they started, but this is over the top. And really, I have no interest in knowing any couple's pet names for each other. If Christine shares a pet name for his willy I'm really out. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14