Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I'm gonna be thinking about Christine while the roads are icy and I'm stuck here at home. 

My grandma always had potluck meals. Beautiful table, home cooking made from scratch. Because she worked,, she was brilliant at delegating while encouraging her daughters, gdaughters and nieces to try new recipes. The side dishes were not always standard. Grandma was a modern woman, with very old school roots. 

I've seen this in Christine. I see her teaching Truely to crochet (a dying craft). I've watched the episodes with St Lucia's day with a smile on my face. She encouraged those girls to cook. 

She can bring Tony and Mykelti in for Hispanic dishes. Her mom Annie could contribute with another generation's knowledge.

Hmm. I wonder if they will ask ME??

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Typo
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

From her farm-to-table restaurant?

Since the title is "Just Christine" I don't think we will see any of the other SW's on this broadcast. Her kids absolutely but doubt any "bonus kids" (unless maybe some of Janelle's).

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Too cute! She is such a sweet girl having fun even if barefoot in a little snow!

(I live in MT that wouldn't even be called a "dusting" here. And I often go out on the deck barefoot in the snow to feed the yard tigers.)

I have a picture of a very dirty, little me (around 3 or 4 years old) sound asleep on the neighbors' front porch steps with my dirty, little feet bare and my equally dirty, little shoes placed neatly beside me.   Never liked shoes.  Or sox.  Or slippers.  Or boots.  

Now, I'm old and nothing has changed.  I'm barefoot now as I post this. 

I live in north MN and it's minus temps here, but I wouldn't hesitate to go outside without footwear for a quick trip to the garbage can or to shake a rug or feed some little critters if necessary.  

Some people just weren't meant for shoes...or sox...or even slippers.  My toes get claustrophobic in shoes.  I hate when I can't wiggle my toes.  

I love that Truely gets to play in bare feet.   It's a wonderful thing.  🙃

• Love 17

I wonder why Truely isn't attending school. And what about Ysabel? Even when the show first started and they were living in Utah the kids were sent to public school. Except for Mariah who flat out refused to go to public school and was sent to a private religious school. I am still not sure when Christine moved to Utah. Was it last fall or in 2020? But surely the schools in Utah are open now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Why is she running around barefoot in the snow?

Because she's young and is being goofy and having fun.

7 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I have a picture of a very dirty, little me (around 3 or 4 years old) sound asleep on the neighbors' front porch steps with my dirty, little feet bare and my equally dirty, little shoes placed neatly beside me.   Never liked shoes.  Or sox.  Or slippers.  Or boots.  

Now, I'm old and nothing has changed.  I'm barefoot now as I post this. 

I live in north MN and it's minus temps here, but I wouldn't hesitate to go outside without footwear for a quick trip to the garbage can or to shake a rug or feed some little critters if necessary.  

Some people just weren't meant for shoes...or sox...or even slippers.  My toes get claustrophobic in shoes.  I hate when I can't wiggle my toes.  

I love that Truely gets to play in bare feet.   It's a wonderful thing.  🙃

Right there with you, in fact, I'm the founding member, president and CEO of "Free Toes Society"  est 1985, current membership 1, membership is open and free.  All who espouse the notion that bare feet are natural, freeing, and the best way to be are welcome to join.

eta:  I live in the Chicagoland area and even w/ a covering of snow just went out to feed my chickens bare foot.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Right there with you, in fact, I'm the founding member, president and CEO of "Free Toes Society"  est 1985, current membership 1, membership is open and free.  All who espouse the notion that bare feet are natural, freeing, and the best way to be are welcome to join.

eta:  I live in the Chicagoland area and even w/ a covering of snow just went out to feed my chickens bare foot.

I would like to join. I hate socks with the fire of a thousand suns. 

I hope that Christine’s new cooking videos make Kody and Robyn jealous. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I wonder why Truely isn't attending school. And what about Ysabel? Even when the show first started and they were living in Utah the kids were sent to public school. Except for Mariah who flat out refused to go to public school and was sent to a private religious school. I am still not sure when Christine moved to Utah. Was it last fall or in 2020? But surely the schools in Utah are open now. 

Ysabel is living with Maddie, working and attending school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I am the outlier, I wouldn't go without something on my feet if you paid me. Anywhere, anytime. 

Same here.  I envy people that can go barefoot when it's cold.  Not me.  My feet turn white (so do my hands gloveless.)  Raynaud's syndrome is a bummer.

We had a sudden cold snap and I'm glad I hadn't put my fake-fur lined boots away.

BTT:  Didn't Ysabel move in with Maddie to attend a college in NC?  

2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I would like to join. I hate socks with the fire of a thousand suns. 

I hope that Christine’s new cooking videos make Kody and Robyn jealous. 

Me too.  I'm sure Kootie won't even look at them.  I hope Robyn is eating her heart out with envy.  That bimbo deserves to be jealous, for once.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Sign me up!   I'll forever be a member in good standing as long as my feet are bare!  😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I think I read that Truely is home-schooled, though I don't know how that translates into everyday activities.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think I read that Truely is home-schooled, though I don't know how that translates into everyday activities.

I wonder if Truely has any friends other than family members, since she doesn’t go to school. Talking to people online isn’t the same. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I don't mind being without socks, but wont walk barefoot outside anymore.

I have had a couple of neuroma surgeries on the bottom of one foot, and I cannot walk barefoot anymore without pain.  I have to wear cushy slippers and shoes.  But I do not like socks.  I wear them only when necessary, and as little as possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think it was mentioned that Truely had trouble making friends at school? If so, even more important for her to attend school and be socializing outside of her family setting. Christine has some odd ideas and I think poor Truely takes after her a bit more than is good for her. Isolating her can not be good for her at all at this point in her young life if she is to grow as a person and fit into society.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I am of two minds with regards to Christine homeschooling Truely.  Christine doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box sometimes, but look at the kids she did homeschool in their early days...Logan is doing great, Hunter is in nursing, Mariah, Ysabel, Maddie, Gwen and Aspyn all went to college, and Paedon, Garrison and Hunter I believe were/are all in the military.  Given the fact that these kids were thrust onto a tv show and had their childhoods filmed for better or worse at the behest of their parents, uprooted countless times by the whims of their dad, not to mention that as they got older they saw less and less of Kody, the fact that none of their lives (that we know of) took a dark turn is I think a testament to Christine and to a lesser extent, Janelle.  Now that Truely is in close proximity to her sisters and brother (and brothers-in-law), I hope that gives her the confidence to make new friends, as well as get any extra help she might need with school that maybe Christine can't give her.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 24

I watched it, too, and she made the cake sound good (and fattening) but Christine seems completely at ease.  If everything is caloric, I may not try any of the recipes, but I'll still watch to see if her standard mock tapioca puddin' makes an appearance.

• Love 9
On 2/25/2022 at 6:55 PM, Kellyee said:

Maybe Christine was sensitive to the fact that poor Truely would be going on her 3rd school in a relatively short period of time as well. Maybe the poor kid just needed a break. She's been jerked around so much by this family's ridiculous moves. 

That’s what I’m thinking too.

Also,  Christine moved from Arizona to a rental in Utah and maybe she’s still trying to figure out where exactly she wants to settle down permanently (and save Truely the drama of another switch) I’m sure Truely will be attending a normal school once Christine made the decision on where to put down her roots.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I watched it, too, and she made the cake sound good (and fattening) but Christine seems completely at ease.  If everything is caloric, I may not try any of the recipes, but I'll still watch to see if her standard mock tapioca puddin' makes an appearance.

From the preview it looks like she’ll be making some sort of veggie omelette at some point as well as her famous rolls (that look amazing by the way, I’m sure Kody will be missing them).

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

From the preview it looks like she’ll be making some sort of veggie omelette at some point as well as her famous rolls (that look amazing by the way, I’m sure Kody will be missing them).

I'll bet he'll be missing them.  IIRC, Christine baked a batch for some family event and Kody came into the kitchen and scored the tops off of most of the rolls.  Maybe Robyn will take note of the recipe when Christine bakes them next as she is no longer "too pretty to cook". 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Just watched the carrot cake video and I thought Christine was really good.  She did all the things I want in a cooking show--she gave tricks (parchment paper and pineapple juice in the frosting, applesauce instead of oil) and she talked about which ingredients are optional--walnuts, pineapple and coconut.  Note, they are not optional for me.  

Maybe it is too remedial for a regular home baker, but I want to make the cake.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
30 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

How do I see the video?? I really wanted to give her views but got busy this morning and didn't look it up. Having trouble finding a link ln Bing. Anyone have one? Thanks!

After I watched the video I posted the link on my FB newsfeed and said it was cute and NOT like Sisterwives.  Just trying to help a girl out.  Go Christine!  Make a great life for yourself and Truley.

• Love 18

Thanks so much for the link! She is really good at explaining and liked that she tasted at the end. Being diabetic, that would probably kill me but boy did it look good!

I wish her much luck in this venture. It is so much better than any MLM!! 

How do I find the link to next week's show? Computer challenged here...

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Just watched the carrot cake video and I thought Christine was really good.  She did all the things I want in a cooking show--she gave tricks (parchment paper and pineapple juice in the frosting, applesauce instead of oil) and she talked about which ingredients are optional--walnuts, pineapple and coconut.  Note, they are not optional for me.  

Maybe it is too remedial for a regular home baker, but I want to make the cake.

I want to make it, too! Now, I'm going to have to pull out my old recipe for zucchini bread!

• Love 7

Good job Christine! She is a natural. My sister in law introduced me to parchment paper and it is amazing. I wish her the best of luck. 

I watched Christine make a cheese lasagna a while back on Facebook Live, and it looked like something I could actually make. I am not a talented cook, and the chefs on Food Network often use ingredients and tools that I don't have at home and wouldn't buy for just one recipe. Christine's recipe was simple and used items I have or wouldn't mind buying because I would use them again. She also comes across as very likeable. 

I've watched some of Mykelti's Facebook Lives selling LulaRoe, and she is likeable as well, but a bit too hyper and she has a forced happiness about her that is a little over the top. 

• Love 11

I am no gourmet cook or baker but this was really underwhelming to me.  That high pitched enthusiasm is like a pin in my ear.  She didn't give the amounts of some of the ingredients and what, exactly, is a "block" of butter? 

And, seriously, that parchment paper trick that she was so "amazed" about is like baking 101.

I cannot even begin to imagine the calorie count on that thing.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe Christine provided basic teachings back in the day, but if she’s not able to understand and process covid precautions, I’d be concerned with her competence as a teacher for a college bound student.  

Didn't most of the big kids go to, or are currently enrolled in college? She was the one who taught them all. She said she followed the CDC guidelines for covid precautions, just not Kody and Robyn's extra added precautions.

12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Thank you! I hope she's having a blast doing these.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot the or
  • Love 15