Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

On 4/22/2021 at 9:22 AM, Twopper said:

I think she has a type of Stockholm syndrome.   Maybe watching the finale of this show will help her see at least a flicker of truth.  She has a mother and aunt who broke free so I feel there is hope for her, too. 

I agree. Again not saying that she’s not at ALL responsible, because at some point as adults we do have choices, but first off, I think she was absolutely far and away the most religiously brainwashed of all of them. She was not only raised in polygamy but in an extremely prominent, dyed in the wool polygamist family with generation upon generation of Mormon fundamentalism. That was all she knew to an extent that isn’t true for the others. 

Secondly, people in families that came from cults or religious abuse situations (or even any abusive family situations) often take on “roles,” at least subconsciously.

You will often find one sibling who is the outspoken rebel, another who is not going to fight the power but who quietly makes their exit and just wants to be left alone, another who is the “golden child” who got their needs met as a child by being ultra-obedient and continues that in adulthood, the one who makes a few small changes but doesn’t really want to rock the boat, the one who becomes the ultimate crusader/apologist for the cult or family, etc. I get the sense that Christine comforted herself and got by by being the latter (the crusader/advocate/apologist for the cult, the abuser, or the abusive system). It seems she’s starting to change that based on her refusal to live under one roof, but I have no idea if she’ll ever actually fully change. I can only hope that her love for her kids can one day help her break out of that role. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 4/16/2021 at 7:18 PM, LilyD said:

She did an amazing job with losing a lot of weight but OMG she has grown old! Those scenes where they gathered in a restaurant to discuss family dynamics...Well it shocked me. She looked at least 10 years older than the rest! And that make up ad doesn’t do her any favors (age wise)either if you ask me.

She said her dad was very ill. Losing my daddy aged me. Body and face.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I would say that Christine rivals Kyle Richards for best head of hair on a reality tv-show woman, with Ysabel and Aspyn beating out any of the Kardashians.

Imagine how much better their hair would look if they had access to the great conditioners and treatments the Kardashians can afford?

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

meanwhile Janelle is shilling Joyōme Skincare by Plexus and claims they're the BEST skincare products on the market!  

So who is right.. Christine or Janelle?  🧐

Let us not forget Meri with her Younique.  The only one not shilling anything is Robyn, but if she's "too pretty to cook", she may be too lazy to work.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Let us not forget Meri with her Younique.  The only one not shilling anything is Robyn, but if she's "too pretty to cook", she may be too lazy to work.

Oh Lord, the Younique mascara.  I should have known. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Oh, but don't forget, Areola is up til all hours, bouncing all over the place.  Never mind that Robo has Kootie 24/7.  I hope he & Robo are driving each other nuts.  They are both bone lazy, as parents and every other which way.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

meanwhile Janelle is shilling Joyōme Skincare by Plexus and claims they're the BEST skincare products on the market!  

So who is right.. Christine or Janelle?  🧐

Did you see that on her Instagram by chance? I ask because I thought that’s where I had seen it, yesterday maybe, but it’s not there. I wanted to grab the picture just now (not a video) that she had up, with her hand on her cheek. She looked like she was about to fall asleep.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Now that is just precious.  Avalon looks like a lil' peanut compared to giant Uncle Paedon.

Paedon - another of Kody's sons who turned out good despite Kody's best efforts.  If any son was the "lost" son, it was Paedon, in a house with the least favored of the wives and all those noisy needy sisters.

I so badly want to see one of Kody's famous wrestling matches between himself and a fully-grown Paedon.  I would pay to see it, actually.  Paedon would leave no trace of Kody but a dusty pile of over-processed hair on the mat.

I'd pay, too.  Paedon (shoulda been Peyton) wiping the floor with his sperm donor Kootie.

• Love 10

While I've determined that Paedon is not my cup of tea (and based on my demographics and beliefs I doubt he'd be a fan of mine, either) those 2 pictures melted my cold heart a little bit.  How sweet!!!

I think I'm perceiving everything about this family through an anti-Kody lens right now.  After quickly fawning over the pics, my next thought was:  at least 1 Brown man is doing right by Avalon (in other words, where is Kody?).

Kody is the worst.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

until he hears Robyn's ear-shattering screech rip through the trees like a velociraptor, saying: "Kodyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! It's my nap time!!!  Get in here and watch the kidsssssssss you &^%^ jack&^#$ idiot &*^#&!"

I have such unattainable dreams for this show.......*sigh*

Robyn as Velociraptor!  This wins the internet for the next 2 decades.   I love it. She does have the chin for it.

Last rites, DEAD, arms across chest. joined the choir invisible.  Buried. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Is Paedon still in the army or does he now live with Mykelti? And is Gwen going to NAU (while we're on that, what about Aurora)?

I think one of the moms posted that Gwen and Aurora would be going to NAU. It may have been Janelle, since she was talking about Gabe being enrolled there. Gwen had it posted on Facebook if that was her real Facebook page and not an imposter account.  I’m also pretty sure Robyn posted about Aurora “having to live at home” so they could “afford” college or something of the sort.  She was trying to justify why she needed a house with so many bedrooms.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/25/2021 at 1:16 PM, ReadMeLattice said:

She was not only raised in polygamy but in an extremely prominent, dyed in the wool polygamist family with generation upon generation of Mormon fundamentalism. That was all she knew to an extent that isn’t true for the others. 

"Christine then said in her confessional: “I agreed to move to Flagstaff and I followed Kody here, but it's been a struggle the whole time. I’m tired of feeling like I don't matter. I'm tired of not having his support when I really need it. I'm just tired." 

“I need a partnership. I need something different than this.”

"I wanted a family not just the man"

Of all the "wives", Christine the plyg cheerleader, knows how this game rolls. And according to her, she Believes in it.

But now, they want us to believe she has gone all monogamist and the lack of support & partnership, the struggle, left with only the family not the man isn't working for her.

One would think being the plyg zealot and her mocking monogamy, this would be the farthest thing she would ever expect out of this arrangement.

loathe these people

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

"Christine then said in her confessional: “I agreed to move to Flagstaff and I followed Kody here, but it's been a struggle the whole time. I’m tired of feeling like I don't matter. I'm tired of not having his support when I really need it. I'm just tired." 

“I need a partnership. I need something different than this.”

"I wanted a family not just the man"

Of all the "wives", Christine the plyg cheerleader, knows how this game rolls. And according to her, she Believes in it.

But now, they want us to believe she has gone all monogamist and the lack of support & partnership, the struggle, left with only the family not the man isn't working for her.

One would think being the plyg zealot and her mocking monogamy, this would be the farthest thing she would ever expect out of this arrangement.

loathe these people

Alternatively, it shows a certain flexibility in previously inflexible thinking. Sometimes you need your back to a wall before you realize that something you believed in passionately just doesn't work for you anymore. 

Or, it could all be for TV. Who knows? 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Alternatively, it shows a certain flexibility in previously inflexible thinking. Sometimes you need your back to a wall before you realize that something you believed in passionately just doesn't work for you anymore. 

Or, it could all be for TV. Who knows? 

Right, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom or a breaking point to re-evaluate your life choices. It takes an awful lot to overcome a lifetime of indoctrination and the threat of hell and damnation in order to choose a different path. 
Add to that the psychological effects of cognitive dissonance and the sunk-cost fallacy—it’s a wonder Christine has voiced any discontent with her lifestyle at all.

• Love 14

I wonder if, now that most of her kids are grown, Christine doesn’t have as many distractions in her life that she could use to ignore Kody’s behavior. He has gotten worse for sure, but maybe it was easier for Christine to overlook when she was raising her kids. Now that she’s looking at her future with the kids out of the house, she’s probably wondering why the hell she sticks around (I know I wonder that).

(I know that Truley isn’t that old, but all of the rest of her kids have or are starting to leave the nest)

• Love 14
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I wonder if, now that most of her kids are grown, Christine doesn’t have as many distractions in her life that she could use to ignore Kody’s behavior. He has gotten worse for sure, but maybe it was easier for Christine to overlook when she was raising her kids. Now that she’s looking at her future with the kids out of the house, she’s probably wondering why the hell she sticks around (I know I wonder that).

(I know that Truley isn’t that old, but all of the rest of her kids have or are starting to leave the nest)

I could see this. Also Christine was the primary caregiver to Janelle's kids while Janelle worked outside of the home. I think when the kids were growing up, Christine felt more purpose and was able to get her emotional needs met as a mother/caregiver. Its clear that ALL of the kids have an emotional attachment to Christine. Now the only one that needs a "caretaker" in the emotional sense is Truely (not that the adult kids don't love Christine any more, I am sure they would happy to have her come visit and spend holidays, but they dont need her day to day presence in their lives).

Christine is now less fulfilled and has more time to think and reflect about her life. A lot of stay at home parents go through this when their child/children get to be adolescents, or people that have been full time caregivers to their parents and the parents pass away.

• Love 21
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I could see this. Also Christine was the primary caregiver to Janelle's kids while Janelle worked outside of the home. I think when the kids were growing up, Christine felt more purpose and was able to get her emotional needs met as a mother/caregiver. Its clear that ALL of the kids have an emotional attachment to Christine. Now the only one that needs a "caretaker" in the emotional sense is Truely (not that the adult kids don't love Christine any more, I am sure they would happy to have her come visit and spend holidays, but they dont need her day to day presence in their lives).

Christine is now less fulfilled and has more time to think and reflect about her life. A lot of stay at home parents go through this when their child/children get to be adolescents, or people that have been full time caregivers to their parents and the parents pass away.

Which makes it even more heinous that Kody had the audacity to say "love the family and I will love you" or whatever the fuck nonsense he was spouting. 

Christine is really the ONLY adult in the family who has EVER loved "the family".  

These people. 

• Love 21
23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Yeah, I absolutely agree with this. It’s hard to focus on your marital issues if you have 6 kids — and she basically had 13 when they were young — even if you’re monogamous. Now she has a few older kids at home and is going, “wait, what have i done and what did I settle for?” 

• Love 11
On 4/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think this is a good angle to view Christine’s change of heart.  She really was the chief caregiver in charge for probably 20 or more years.  That role is simply not as important anymore.  Robyn’s raising her own and the others are nearly all out of the house.

She needs to open a daycare.  Maybe that’s the ticket to her having purpose again.

• Love 6

If that experience with her dick of a husband saying Ysabel could travel alone for major surgery didn't wake Christine up, and make her leave, I'm afraid she never will leave.  

What a sad and shitty life.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

"revealed in an Instagram Live event that her mother has remained in Flagstaff with Kody and her three sister wives. She went on to suggest her mother has no plans to leave the rest of the Brown clan behind." 

Well, there was no way Christine would move to Utah until Ysabel had graduated, considering what she said about how unhappy Gwen was about the move to Flagstaff.  Truely is bonded with Sol so I guess Christine will hang around at least until Truely goes to college.  Ysabel should graduate at the end of the month unless she is off schedule due to the surgery.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, there was no way Christine would move to Utah until Ysabel had graduated, considering what she said about how unhappy Gwen was about the move to Flagstaff.  Truely is bonded with Sol so I guess Christine will hang around at least until Truely goes to college.  Ysabel should graduate at the end of the month unless she is off schedule due to the surgery.

I would like to think that Christine remains only until Ysabel graduates.  Any relationship cultivated between Truely and Sol would be at the sole whim of Robyn, on her terms and ground rules.  Besides, I think that the attraction of a new baby niece would be more appealing to Truely than Sol, who only is her playmate by default, as there is no one else in the family close to her in age.

• Love 14
On 4/27/2021 at 1:22 PM, laurakaye said:

until he hears Robyn's ear-shattering screech rip through the trees like a velociraptor, saying: "Kodyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! It's my nap time!!!  Get in here and watch the kidsssssssss you &^%^ jack&^#$ idiot &*^#&!"

Kind of like the ending of Ethan Frome.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, Irate Panda said:

I’m also pretty sure Robyn posted about Aurora “having to live at home” so they could “afford” college or something of the sort.  She was trying to justify why she needed a house with so many bedrooms.

Yeah, because that many bedrooms cost so much, there wasn't enough left over to allow the kid to live at the school and be more part of the community (if not for covid, that is)

• Love 6
On 5/4/2021 at 4:54 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Aw, Truely's kitty.  Keep her indoors, there are predators out there.  Don't they live in the country?

this! 

It's ridiculous to let her roam outdoors, she could be seriously hurt or killed AND she is probably killing birds when she's out which is a huge problem.

Christine should know better!  🙄

• Love 7
On 5/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

What a sad state of affairs.  I can't imagine her loneliness once the kids are grown and moved away. I guess Christine's thought this through.  😔

the thing that bugs me about Christine is her penchant for pointing out how women in monogamous marriages don't have sister wives to help them meanwhile her sister wives don't give 2 shits about her struggles.

She's annoying as hell, I don't need sister wives because I have a mother, sisters and sisters in law and aunts and other women in my life but most importantly I have a husband who actually lives at our house 24/7 365 and has been there for me every single day, we are raising our children together because he isn't running all over town to spend time with other wives and children.

She just doesn't seem to get it that she not only short changed herself but more importantly she short changed her own children by agreeing to polygamy.

I wish she'd sit down and look into the camera and finally admit that polygamy SUCKS and that this whole fairytale of sister wives being the greatest thing on the planet is a big hot steaming pile of BULLSHIT!!! 💩

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

the thing that bugs me about Christine is her penchant for pointing out how women in monogamous marriages don't have sister wives to help them meanwhile her sister wives don't give 2 shits about her struggles.

She's annoying as hell, I don't need sister wives because I have a mother, sisters and sisters in law and aunts and other women in my life but most importantly I have a husband who actually lives at our house 24/7 365 and has been there for me every single day, we are raising our children together because he isn't running all over town to spend time with other wives and children.

She just doesn't seem to get it that she not only short changed herself but more importantly she short changed her own children by agreeing to polygamy.

I wish she'd sit down and look into the camera and finally admit that polygamy SUCKS and that this whole fairytale of sister wives being the greatest thing on the planet is a big hot steaming pile of BULLSHIT!!! 💩

Succinct and to the point Dustbunny!  You have clearly stated how this goes against the grain of normal human emotions.  I have heard it said that polygamy teaches a woman to rise above petty instincts such as jealousy. 

As I see it, polygamy serves to pit one woman against another in the hope of outshining the others with their ability to raise more and better kids, be a more organized and complacent homemaker and they all must wonder how they stack up in the bedroom.

All for what?  That the best they could hope for in their case is 25% of a man that couldn't cut it if he was giving even 100% of himself.

• Love 12

I've been re watching Escaping Polygamy. A few things caught my attention.

Leah who left the AUB said a female is taught homemaking skills, which is fine, but no skill set for the world outside. 

One of the Kingstons, maybe Kollene, was encouraging someone to let all her emotion out, because they weren't encouraged to express emotion. 

I watched Rachel Jeffs (LOVE HER!!!) speak. The soul of decorum, even when speaking of the horrific  atrocities her father inflicted on her. 

Also...not as significant, but one of the FLDS ladies said, ~ I wanna get rid of this wave (hair)...I wanna eat barbecued pork.~

Imo, Christine is so entrenched in the teachings she can't even wail out loud. She's trying to block her emotions. She does this with her sarcasm, her forced smiles, forced silliness. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12