Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A few of the products Janelle is selling, or not selling, as the case may be.......

How much did she shell out to have those items imprinted with her "business" logo? I suspect there is a minimum order requirement.  And why would any fit person join Strive and go out in public wearing them?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A few of the products Janelle is selling, or not selling, as the case may be.......

Oh, geez, I didn't know she had that kind of crap.  Can you imagine it all moulding out in the corner of her garage?  It's not like you can just order one or two of those things from a distributor, they all have to be ordered in bulk and she'd need all kinds of sizes, too.  WTF do these people use for brains?

• Love 5

I would imagine she uses one of those companies where you give them the logo and they do the printing and mailing when someone orders it. Those websites are a dime a dozen these days. I don’t think she has any physical merchandise at her home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I would imagine she uses one of those companies where you give them the logo and they do the printing and mailing when someone orders it. Those websites are a dime a dozen these days. I don’t think she has any physical merchandise at her home.

But that's a lot more expensive and you make very little on it.  We did a lot of research for our non-profit and it's not worth the trouble to do it like that, you just get a tiny return on that especially if you have to pay the company, they send it to you, and you have to turn around and pay postage to send it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

723EB6ED-E688-4FF4-8399-26FAB36ECBE4.jpeg

C67EEEBF-450D-427F-9122-D681D202F197.jpeg

This is the same crap she was selling at the world wide launch of Strive with Janelle years ago.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, toodles said:

This is the same crap she was selling at the world wide launch of Strive with Janelle years ago.

World wide???  okay, i know the internet is the  world wide web, but I just don't see anyone outside of the USA knowing beans about Janelle.  I can't imagine anyone buying that stuff from her. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

World wide???  okay, i know the internet is the  world wide web, but I just don't see anyone outside of the USA knowing beans about Janelle.  I can't imagine anyone buying that stuff from her. 

In the time I was there, I saw one person buy something.  And yeah, world wide launch.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, toodles said:

Please, I beg of you Toodles, tell me those t-shirts that are included in "The Bundle" are folded for the photo and are not crop-tops.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

No one will ever accuse Janelle of unbridled enthusiasm for anything, with the possible exception of a fishing jaunt hours before her daughter's wedding.

Well. Two moments do come to mind.  Janelle making the comment that "We LIKE Kody in tight pants!!" and the look on her face when she saw the table covered with cake samples at Maddie's cake tasting.  She was very excited saying "LOOK at all of this!  AND We get to eat it!!!"

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But that's a lot more expensive and you make very little on it.  We did a lot of research for our non-profit and it's not worth the trouble to do it like that, you just get a tiny return on that especially if you have to pay the company, they send it to you, and you have to turn around and pay postage to send it.

So, I’ll assume this is how Janelle does it. 😁

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Please, I beg of you Toodles, tell me those t-shirts that are included in "The Bundle" are folded for the photo and are not crop-tops.

I can tell you that the description says they run small, and have a “removable tag for comfort”! 
🤦‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Probably because it doesn't cost anything to keep it limping along.  She may have a handful of clueless followers still forking (pun intended) out money.  MSWC had costs for the inventory and the website.   Doesn't cost Janelle a cent to toss out useless tidbits to her adoring fans on social media.

Paying Janelle for coaching is like paying a cat for art classes.

Oh wait--cat art actually exists. Nevermind. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I don't even think I have ever seen Janelle wearing one of her own t-shirts or otherwise plugging any of the other crap she's got on her site.  At least Robyn walked around wearing her own jool'ry and of course Meri and Christine are constantly strutting their stuff in LLR.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I know this is pedantic, but not all herbs are spices and not all spices are herbs. Cinnamon is not an herb; apparently there is some disagreement about ginger. 

I came here to say the same thing.  Both herbs & spices come from plants, but herbs are the fresh part of the plant while spice is the dried root, dried stalk, seed or dried fruit of the plant and is almost always dried not fresh.

In addition to cinnamon, I have many spices (as well as herbs) in my cupboard, Janelle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

In addition to cinnamon, I have many spices (as well as herbs) in my cupboard, Janelle.

Well since Janelle says that they are one and the same, I look forward to your review of cumin/cinnamon/saffron/parsley tea!

Oh, and there's probably a recipe but you're going to have to look it up yourself.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Several years ago I googled and found a recipe for a homemade tea made with spices to help with sluggishness and slow metabolism: equal parts

ginger root

fennel seeds

cardamom seeds

Grind together for a fresh cup or pot of tea ... much spicier than using pre-ground stale spices.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Typical Brown fashion--be half-assed at something, act like an expert (and try to make money from it). Nevermind the fact that Janelle has had YEARS to actually become an expert. 

The funny thing is, Janelle could have made this concept of developing a following and selling them something work.  Of all the wives, Janelle seems the most rational and honest, she has raised the most well-adjusted kids of the whole pack. She could have instilled confidence in her endorsements of a product if she had chosen something where she was willing and capable of showing positive results.  Maybe instead of trying to convince her followers that she can be morbidly obese, yet fit and healthy, she could have just given up and sold clothing for the plus size woman.

None of them seem to be willing to put in the drudge of a 9-5'r (with corporate benefits), they choose instead to capitalize on their 15 minutes of fame while they have it.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

OOO I very much like Savanah's hat!

It has a Fairisle flair about it.  I'd like to think that Janelle possibly knit it or at least bought it at a craft fair.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 3

So she's going to be the only one eating that 3 1/2 pound fruitcake with a sell by date of 1 January 2021.  Forget the fork, just apply it directly to your hips, Janelle.

ETA - my late father loved my mom's bourbon fruitcake - but he wouldn't be able to eat 3.5 pounds of it in a season which is why two-thirds of the cake would find its way to the church holiday potluck. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

So she's going to be the only one eating that 3 1/2 pound fruitcake with a sell by date of 1 January 2021.  Forget the fork, just apply it directly to your hips, Janelle.

ETA - my late father loved my mom's bourbon fruitcake - but he wouldn't be able to eat 3.5 pounds of it in a season which is why two-thirds of the cake would find its way to the church holiday potluck. 

My mom makes my grandmothers fruit cake.  It's a very old recipe.  It is more  cake like texture and not the sticky mixture that most fruit cakes are.  I look forward to this time of the year as it is the only time she makes it.  It's light on the candied fruit and a little heavier on the nuts.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I like mince pie! But I've always wanted to try the REAL thing, with actual minced meat filling. There are so many strange and wonderful tales about it from the 19th century. 

Interesting article: 

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/mince-pie-the-real-american-pie/Content?oid=1267308

My mom and I are the only ones in our family that like mincemeat pie.  She will make one for Thanksgiving, with the Borden Nonesuch mincemeat filling.  I looked at the ingredients and it does have some meat in it, but it is one of the last few on the list.  Making mince meat from scratch is time consuming which is why few people attempt to make it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Oh goodness...if there was a way to know why the fruitcake "keeps so long".  Darn...if she only knew what was actually IN the cake...so she could know...

I doubt she'd care! So much for the Jelly Belly School of Ayurvedic Nutrition. I'm guessing that Costco Fruitcake isn't part of the curriculum.

Besides I bet it's gone before Thanksgiving. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

my late father loved my mom's bourbon fruitcake

Maybe I should look at my mom's recipe.  She used to make 12-24 of them; she cooked them in small loaf pans (8x4, maybe).  She had several large tins in which she kept them for about 2 months during which time she would take them out of their white linen wrapping and carefully treat them with bourbon or rum.  That is the only fruitcake I ever liked.  It used to put me to sleep; I wonder why😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

1/12th of the cake is 530 calories, 19 grams of fat, 64 grams of sugar, 84 grams of carbohydrates, three grams of fibre, six grams of protein, 160 mg of sodium.  So Janelle will be having 6360 calories, 228 grams of fat, 768 grams of sugar, 1008 grams of carbohydrates, 36 grams of fibre, 72 grams of protein, 1920 mg of sodium.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I like mince pie! But I've always wanted to try the REAL thing, with actual minced meat filling. There are so many strange and wonderful tales about it from the 19th century. 

Interesting article: 

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/mince-pie-the-real-american-pie/Content?oid=1267308

Thanks for this!  I just told my daughter to get ready for real mincemeat pie for Thanksgiving!  Great read!

• Love 4

WTF is this constant reference to  "in my circles"?   Has she always used this expression?  and who are in her circle?   not Meri, for one.  not Kody, for another,  not Robin.  Maybe Christine occasionally.  Woman is mental.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 11/11/2020 at 7:03 PM, deirdra said:

1/12th of the cake is 530 calories, 19 grams of fat, 64 grams of sugar, 84 grams of carbohydrates, three grams of fibre, six grams of protein, 160 mg of sodium.  So Janelle will be having 6360 calories, 228 grams of fat, 768 grams of sugar, 1008 grams of carbohydrates, 36 grams of fibre, 72 grams of protein, 1920 mg of sodium.

She'd have to run 5 miles just to burn off one tiny slice. I suspect Janelle has no concept--or a highly unrealistic one--of calories/calories out.  This is basic for someone who is a "health/wellness coach". 

I get that she may want to enjoy certain foods over the holidays, but every year it's the same routine with her. She gets an F for Health Coach 101 and should be kicked out of the program for completely failing to understand basic concepts. 

• Love 4
On 11/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, deirdra said:

A nice midnight snack 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5

My parents occasionally got a gift of fruitcake at Xmas, but it was a tiny loaf of ~2"x3"x5" and we'd cut it into 2-bite pieces. It took a month for the 3 people in the family who didn't hate it to consume it.

• Love 3