Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

I wonder if Janelle's pic of her boys and Christine's pic of her girls eating fast food were taken on their Coyote Pass property.  That would be an ideal spot for their sperm donor to stop by and see them while still maintaining social distancing, if he cared about them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Janelle's pic of her boys and Christine's pic of her girls eating fast food were taken on their Coyote Pass property.  That would be an ideal spot for their sperm donor to stop by and see them while still maintain social distancing, if he cared about them.

I wonder how often they DO see their dad?  Seriously.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I wonder how often they DO see their dad?  Seriously.

Well, we sure never see any postings about him from Christine or Janelle or their spawn.  It's like he's vanished.  Most likely he's chained to the bed in the McMansion.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think very many people believe what I do, but this is what I believe......  Christine and Janelle are "wives" in name only.  They are essentially ex-baby mamas and Kody's moved on.  Meri is an out and out ex-wife.  Robyn is not just the legal wife, she is the ONLY wife, because that is how she wants it.  She has used her younger two children to manipulate the situation so that the other women are pretty much cut out of the big picture.   I think Kody lost interest in polygamy because it was too much work, there was too much responsibility, too many needy wives and kids, and not enough "rewards" in his opinion.   SO much easier to use Covid as an excuse to permanently stay with Robyn and let everyone else fend for themselves.... although this was happening LONG before the pandemic.

I'm in agreement with you Kya.  Were it not for the income stream from the show, any pretense of living the plural lifestyle would be gone.  I'm sure that the only times they staged get-togethers (pre-covid) was for the benefit of the cameras.  There may be occasions such as birthdays for the kids and holiday dinners where they round up as many as are available or who may be interested in attending.

The religious reasons for polygamy seem to have fallen by the wayside and we don't even hear any of them play lip service to their convictions.

• Love 19

I agree with you both and I wonder if Kody might have, at minimum, kept up the appearances of being a real husband to all 4 if his dad* was still alive. IIRC, Kody got into polygamy partly to prove himself to his dad.

* Janelle's step-dad. See? Topic! 😁

• Love 15

From Strive with Janelle 

Seriously , making baked apples in the air fryer has become our go-to desert at this house.  So easy and so amazing.  They melt in your mouth and taste like an apple crisp - but we use very little sugar and fat.  Basically scoop out your apple like you would to bake them.  Fill with your mixture - I use like 1/4 c oats, 2 T brown sugar, 2 T butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and then a small amount of raisins and nuts if desired .  It’s pretty much whatever combination of those things I have on hand.  That fills about 6 apples.  Put in air fryer at 300 for 20 min.

** I put some parchment paper down in air fryer basket to keep drips from burning on air fryer bottom 

Now to settle in with my Amazon and Netflix queue for the evening 😍

16E6119B-8452-4CAC-9F2A-0B4411D72C1D.jpeg

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From Strive with Janelle 

Seriously , making baked apples in the air fryer has become our go-to desert at this house.  So easy and so amazing.  They melt in your mouth and taste like an apple crisp - but we use very little sugar and fat.  Basically scoop out your apple like you would to bake them.  Fill with your mixture - I use like 1/4 c oats, 2 T brown sugar, 2 T butter, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and then a small amount of raisins and nuts if desired .  It’s pretty much whatever combination of those things I have on hand.  That fills about 6 apples.  Put in air fryer at 300 for 20 min.

** I put some parchment paper down in air fryer basket to keep drips from burning on air fryer bottom 

Now to settle in with my Amazon and Netflix queue for the evening 😍

16E6119B-8452-4CAC-9F2A-0B4411D72C1D.jpeg

What is that white stuff?  Does she top it off with whipped cream?  Marshmallow Fluff?   Sour cream?

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm in agreement with you Kya.  Were it not for the income stream from the show, any pretense of living the plural lifestyle would be gone.  I'm sure that the only times they staged get-togethers (pre-covid) was for the benefit of the cameras.  There may be occasions such as birthdays for the kids and holiday dinners where they round up as many as are available or who may be interested in attending.

The religious reasons for polygamy seem to have fallen by the wayside and we don't even hear any of them play lip service to their convictions.

I agree with you @Kyanight and @Sandy W- I think Janelle and Christine still talk and their kids still hang out, especially if Maddie and her family come to town or any of the other kids come home, but I think the "one family" notion was done (officially in their minds) with the move to Flagstaff. I think Janelle and Christine agreed to go because if they didnt there wouldn't be a show, and I think they want their youngest kids to have some access to Kody, but Meri, Janelle and Christine do what they want to do when they want to do it, while Kody listens to Robin. 

This will probably last as long as there is a show, and when the show is over we will learn the family split up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I agree with you both and I wonder if Kody might have, at minimum, kept up the appearances of being a real husband to all 4 if his dad* was still alive. IIRC, Kody got into polygamy partly to prove himself to his dad.

* Janelle's step-dad. See? Topic! 😁

I'm in agreement with you three.  Remember when Kootie got together with some people from his high school days, and one of the ladies told him she thought he was gay?  Maybe getting greedy and getting more than one wife was his way of 'proving' his studly heterosexual-ness?  While at the same time, showing daddy how manly he was?  

He's far too lazy to care about anyone but himself and Robyn + her spawn, and it's been that way for many years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Janelle's pic of her boys and Christine's pic of her girls eating fast food were taken on their Coyote Pass property.  That would be an ideal spot for their sperm donor to stop by and see them while still maintaining social distancing, if he cared about them.

Probably the only place Sobyn would allow

• Love 5
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm in agreement with you three.  Remember when Kootie got together with some people from his high school days, and one of the ladies told him she thought he was gay?  Maybe getting greedy and getting more than one wife was his way of 'proving' his studly heterosexual-ness?  While at the same time, showing daddy how manly he was?  

I agree with you four and remember Kootie's "friends" from high school (I suspect his only true friend has been his reflection in the mirror). Kootie sure seemed to look at Caleb with great fondness.  Maybe that is why Maddie's family moved to North Carolina.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

So help me here, she went up 200 feet and her heart rate was that high? I thought she was climbing mountains. Janelle you are very sad.

Maybe she was climbing the trees.  It's not easy to wrap stubby little legs around the trunk and shinny straight up.

• LOL 11

I saw a FB meme yesterday that has a rather ghoulish face and the caption:   the veggies you bought a month ago watching  you get pizza rolls out of the refrigerator for the fourth day in a row.

I immediately thought of Janelle.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Oh, for crying out loud, wear the damn sunscreen! You don’t have to burn for sun exposure to be a problem. Have you not heard of skin cancer? (I assumed that the non-malignant skin cancer  was due to sun exposure, but perhaps not? Or is she honestly that stupid that she can’t connect the dots?)

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, for crying out loud, wear the damn sunscreen! You don’t have to burn for sun exposure to be a problem. Have you not heard of skin cancer? (I assumed that the non-malignant skin cancer  was due to sun exposure, but perhaps not? Or is she honestly that stupid that she can’t connect the dots?)

My mother had the same surgery that Janelle had several years ago.  Her dermatologist said for her to wear that zinc sunscreen that leaves you looking white, every single day that she is outside, sunshine or cloudy.  And to wear long sleeves and pants and a large hat to protect skin that is not covered.  My mother has had several others burned/frozen off every year.  She now is required to go back every 6 months because they keep showing up.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

She now is required to go back every 6 months because they keep showing up.  

When I was growing up, sunscreen didn't exist.  We were basted with Coppertone and sent out to play. With my fair, dry skin I burned to a crisp after 15 minutes in the suen and I am dealing with the consequences of that now.  I have to see my derm every 6 months for a full body check and she removes the pre-cancerous ones..  Luckily (so far) only one has been cancerous but I know there will be more in the future.  My poor dad had umpteen of them removed in his day although he lived to 94 and that was not his cause of death.

Ah, those days of sun worshiping....

• Love 12

Ok wait, I must have brain damage because I have never heard of non-malignant skin cancer. What she means is non-melanoma skin cancer which, guess what Janelle, can STILL KILL YOU. Idiot. Over 2000 people die of "non-malignant skin cancer" every year.

What is wrong with this woman? I know, rhetorical questions again.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ok wait, I must have brain damage because I have never heard of non-malignant skin cancer. What she means is non-melanoma skin cancer which, guess what Janelle, can STILL KILL YOU. Idiot. Over 2000 people die of "non-malignant skin cancer" every year.

What is wrong with this woman? I know, rhetorical questions again.

This is her original post:

Hey everyone!  Time has just flown by this past week.  
I hope you and yours are all well 💗
I’ve made a grown-up foray into the world of skin cancer.  I think I wanted to post because I was surprised how common basal cell carcinoma was.  And for the fact that for a year I assumed mine was just a scar.  It came in the one spot my cold sores have occurred for decades.  I was never thinking to have to checked.  I’m so careful about sunscreen, because I’m so fair, it never occurred to me that it may be skin cancer.  
Eventually after trying practically all the scar creams on the markets and some herbal preparations, and still seeing no change, I made an appointment with my dermatologist.  I made it one day before everything was closed down and of course the appointment was cancelled.  
Finally in mid-April they brought their telemedicine online and I saw my doctor via my phone.  (Honestly my new favorite way for medical appointments!). I had it biopsied a week later and removed yesterday.  I was worried because I’m a big baby when it comes to pain but it was so slick.  So little discomfort considering that they had to take a dime size lesion off my upper lip.  Scaring will be very very minimal but it will take me a few weeks to heal.  I think I’m bummed I waited so long to see a doctor.  This skin cancer does not spread, usually.  But it’s been a wake up call to me to really watch my skin.  I thought I was playing it so safe.  Lots of sunscreen, keeping a good coverup on at the pool or beach, wearing hats etc.  I’ll be playing it so careful and seeing the doctor right away if there is a next time, because some skin cancers are not so forgiving.

She also gave false information here. Basal cell carcinoma does spread on the skin, hers increased in size as she treated it as a scar 🤦‍♀️, and can become quite large over time. If left untreated, it can spread to the muscles, nerves, bones, brain, and in RARE cases, cause death.

• Useful 7

As I said, at least 2000 people a year die of non-melanoma skin cancers which includes basal cell and squamous cell cancers.  Squamous cell is usually more serious if ignored, but both can kill you if you just think it's a pimple and ignore it because you are on tv, think you are a wellness expert,  and your idiot husband only pays attention to his newest wife. (My husband noticed my skin cancer on my shoulder, but I'm sure Kody hasn't seen Janelle's skin in decades.)

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6

good Lord, what an awful photo. Was it the ancients who said no sunscreen? You know, back in the days where people lived to be 40?!?

Janelle, if you're reading this, you need sunscreen and a decent hair stylist who can put some lowlights into your crispy white hair. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Puffy eyes squinting into the sun, reddening skin...she reminds me of Jabba the Hutt in this photo.

She's in freaking ARIZONA. if I lived there I would wear sunscreen all the time - just like I do now. 

We live mile high in Denver... meaning we are closer to the sun and burn quicker than lower altitudes.  I am guessing that Flagstaff is also high altitude... you just don't take chances.    I kind of understand where she is coming from on the Vitamin D aspect - I know Chris Cuomo swears by it, in helping him recover from Covid... but with her history of Chicken Mcnuggets, it seems kind of risky.

I WILL say that either Janelle is totally oblivious (which I believe anyway) or she is totally without vanity.   I can't think of a single woman I know or 
"know" from social media, who would post such an unflattering picture of herself online.  

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I WILL say that either Janelle is totally oblivious (which I believe anyway) or she is totally without vanity.   I can't think of a single woman I know or 
"know" from social media, who would post such an unflattering picture of herself online.  

I think it's a case of totally without vanity.  She seems to be complacent in the role she has been assigned as the "worker bee/smart one" and seems able to live with that.  As long as King Kody tosses her a modicum of respect periodically, she will continue to stumble along hoping to be granted a position on Kody's planet, where she can live out eternity with more of the same.  Sad really.  It's hard to believe that she managed to raise kids that seem to be independent thinkers.

• Love 5

She also seems to be extra lazy when it comes to photography. It doesn't matter if her photo is blurry, way off-center, or features a poor subject (hellooooo, chipped bowls of slop), she's one-and-done when it comes to the strenuous task of pushing that button.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

She also seems to be extra lazy when it comes to photography. It doesn't matter if her photo is blurry, way off-center, or features a poor subject (hellooooo, chipped bowls of slop), she's one-and-done when it comes to the strenuous task of pushing that button.

LilWharvey - you are hardly being fair.  Please consider that taking photos takes time away from bending the elbow and dipping the hand into a bag of Fritos.  Priorities!!!!!

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 7

On 10/15/2020 at 10:38 PM, Kyanight said:

I don't think very many people believe what I do, but this is what I believe......  Christine and Janelle are "wives" in name only.  They are essentially ex-baby mamas and Kody's moved on.  Meri is an out and out ex-wife.  Robyn is not just the legal wife, she is the ONLY wife, because that is how she wants it.  She has used her younger two children to manipulate the situation so that the other women are pretty much cut out of the big picture.   I think Kody lost interest in polygamy because it was too much work, there was too much responsibility, too many needy wives and kids, and not enough "rewards" in his opinion.

I love your unique perspectives on these people, @Kyanight.  While I do think that Christine and Janelle are wives in name only now, I definitely don't think it began that way, and once Robyn came sashaying past Kody at the church hoedown and TLC decided to film it all, Christine had to watch her "marriage," which I think she truly believed in, slowly unravel on national tv over the course of several years.  Janelle too, but I don't think it really affected her the way it would have affected Christine.  What I cannot figure out, and perhaps you have insight into this too, is: were Christine and Janelle cool with having their kids grow up with less and less of a father in exchange for some TLC cash?  Because that's what happened.  As a grown woman, if my sham of a marriage comes apart at the seams like Kody's bad weave, I'm going to have to figure out how to dill with my fillings on that.  But if I have kids and I have to explain to them why daddy only likes to play with King Sol and Princess Aribellobla and that's why we haven't seen him in a month?  My blood is going to boil.  Of course, these people made their beds, lined them with TV money, spent all the money because Kody is a complete buffoon, and now Christine has to shill t-shirts and mascara to pay for her daughter's surgery and who knows how the hell Janelle gets by.  I'd also love to know how Kody sleeps at night, wrapped in the icy chill of Robyn's bloodless arms, knowing that he's abandoned the majority of his family - assuming he has a conscience, that is.  Most sociopaths don't.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I love your unique perspectives on these people, @Kyanight.  While I do think that Christine and Janelle are wives in name only now, I definitely don't think it began that way, and once Robyn came sashaying past Kody at the church hoedown and TLC decided to film it all, Christine had to watch her "marriage," which I think she truly believed in, slowly unravel on national tv over the course of several years.  Janelle too, but I don't think it really affected her the way it would have affected Christine.  What I cannot figure out, and perhaps you have insight into this too, is: were Christine and Janelle cool with having their kids grow up with less and less of a father in exchange for some TLC cash?  Because that's what happened.  As a grown woman, if my sham of a marriage comes apart at the seams like Kody's bad weave, I'm going to have to figure out how to dill with my fillings on that.  But if I have kids and I have to explain to them why daddy only like to play with King Sol and Princess Aribellobla and that's why we haven't seen him in a month?  My blood is going to boil.  Of course, these people made their beds, lined them with TV money, spent all the money because Kody is a complete buffoon, and now Christine has to shill t-shirts and mascara to pay for her daughter's surgery and who knows how the hell Janelle gets by.  I'd also love to know how Kody sleeps at night, wrapped in the icy chill of Robyn's bloodless arms, knowing that he's abandoned the majority of his family - assuming he has a conscience, that is.  Most sociopaths don't.

That all boils down to religious belief.  If you grow up having religious doctrine pounded into you daily from the time you are a toddler, it will dictate your entire life sometimes.  While I DEFINITELY think that the TLC money is paramount to this family, their roots of religion still has it's hooks in all of them.  When I say that Janelle and Christine are just ex-baby mamas, it's facetious - because that is how Kody TREATS them.  In reality, I know that they believe they are Kody's wives and HE sees them as his wives - it's just how it appears to society for the most part... but also in how much time and attention he gives them... which is grossly disproportionate to the time/attention/money he gives to Robyn and her brood.  I think that Meri is ONLY in Flagstaff because of TLC, and when the show is over she will be gone - but she will always consider herself Kody's wife since she's not likely to find a new boyfriend besides Blair. (Tongue-in-cheek) - and I can't possibly know what was going through her head when she was entertaining the idea of being Batman's sidekick.+

I am also extremely bitter and opinionated, and that colors my words, I know.

• Useful 5
  • Love 13

Yes, and the religious belief portion is also interesting as it applies to Janelle, since she has the weirdest backstory about how she came to be the second wife of her sister-in-law's husband.  If I get nothing more from this show I want an answer to how that happened, especially since Janelle didn't grow up in the faith.  If I had to wager a guess, my gut tells me that she's just not that into men and decided that being a second wife meant that she'd only have to dill with Kody 50% of the time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 10/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, Kyanight said:

That all boils down to religious belief.  If you grow up having religious doctrine pounded into you daily from the time you are a toddler, it will dictate your entire life sometimes.  While I DEFINITELY think that the TLC money is paramount to this family, their roots of religion still has it's hooks in all of them.  When I say that Janelle and Christine are just ex-baby mamas, it's facetious - because that is how Kody TREATS them.  In reality, I know that they believe they are Kody's wives and HE sees them as his wives - it's just how it appears to society for the most part... but also in how much time and attention he gives them... which is grossly disproportionate to the time/attention/money he gives to Robyn and her brood.  I think that Meri is ONLY in Flagstaff because of TLC, and when the show is over she will be gone - but she will always consider herself Kody's wife since she's not likely to find a new boyfriend besides Blair. (Tongue-in-cheek) - and I can't possibly know what was going through her head when she was entertaining the idea of being Batman's sidekick.+

I am also extremely bitter and opinionated, and that colors my words, I know.

Thanks for the posting @Kyanight- I cannot recall, did you grow up in plural marriage, are in a plural marriage now or both?

On 10/20/2020 at 12:54 PM, laurakaye said:

I love your unique perspectives on these people, @Kyanight.  While I do think that Christine and Janelle are wives in name only now, I definitely don't think it began that way, and once Robyn came sashaying past Kody at the church hoedown and TLC decided to film it all, Christine had to watch her "marriage," which I think she truly believed in, slowly unravel on national tv over the course of several years.  Janelle too, but I don't think it really affected her the way it would have affected Christine.  What I cannot figure out, and perhaps you have insight into this too, is: were Christine and Janelle cool with having their kids grow up with less and less of a father in exchange for some TLC cash?  Because that's what happened.  As a grown woman, if my sham of a marriage comes apart at the seams like Kody's bad weave, I'm going to have to figure out how to dill with my fillings on that.  But if I have kids and I have to explain to them why daddy only likes to play with King Sol and Princess Aribellobla and that's why we haven't seen him in a month?  My blood is going to boil.  Of course, these people made their beds, lined them with TV money, spent all the money because Kody is a complete buffoon, and now Christine has to shill t-shirts and mascara to pay for her daughter's surgery and who knows how the hell Janelle gets by.  I'd also love to know how Kody sleeps at night, wrapped in the icy chill of Robyn's bloodless arms, knowing that he's abandoned the majority of his family - assuming he has a conscience, that is.  Most sociopaths don't.

Well I think a big part of it is that with the move to Flagstaff most of the "original kids" (kids of the first 3 wives) are grown and out of the house. The ones left are Gwendolyn/Gabe (legal adults now) Ysabel, Savannah and Truly. This is awful but I think the adults are more tired and laid back with the last kids than they were with the first group. (that happens in any big family, kid 6 never has the same rules/discipline as kid 1)

I break the kids up in groups: Logan-Mykelti, had their personalities fully formed by the time TLC came around, were actually raised by all four parents and grew up as a family unit. Hunter-Gwen: remembers life pretty well before TLC, but the money and the tv show really effected their formative years. Ysabel- Truly: no firm memories of life pre-TLC, this is all they know.

Also with the matter of factness that there is nothing they can do about it- they cannot MAKE Kody be more of a parent, and if they feel they harass him or pressure him he would withdraw his attention further. I can see both Janelle and Christine (even unconsciously) just keeping the peace so the kids can have a somewhat pleasurable time with Kody when he comes around, rather than feeling like they have contributed to a bad relationship with their child's father. Not saying it's right, just saying its happened.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also with the matter of factness that there is nothing they can do about it- they cannot MAKE Kody be more of a parent, and if they feel they harass him or pressure him he would withdraw his attention further. I can see both Janelle and Christine (even unconsciously) just keeping the peace so the kids can have a somewhat pleasurable time with Kody when he comes around, rather than feeling like they have contributed to a bad relationship with their child's father. Not saying it's right, just saying its happened.

I am positive this is what Christine did for the majority of the time that this show has been on the air.  I think that Janelle is so laid-back/checked out that Kody probably sought out her house for some sweet relief from his needier wives, knowing that he could crash on her couch and nap and she wouldn't bother him about pesky things such as kids and fixing the house and sexytime.

Another point is that upon rewatching this show, Kody loved to whine and pull at his tousled curls about how many directions he was pulled in, how stressed he was, so many many kids and all these wives, blah de blah blah.  One might think - now that he only has 1/3 of his brood still living at home with their mothers - that he might attempt to spend time with his "lost kids" who hardly ever saw him once Robyn came along, but I'm quite certain that is not the case.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

One might think - now that he only has 1/3 of his brood still living at home with their mothers - that he might attempt to spend time with his "lost kids" who hardly ever saw him once Robyn came along, but I'm quite certain that is not the case.

In one of the scenes in Christine's living room during the last season, most of his children were there but Kootie didn't speak to them, he had his eyes focused on his phone. Gwen humped Ysabel's leg and Ysabel jumped on the Christmas tree, but Kootie didn't notice.  He cannot even be bothered to look like a family man for the cameras any more.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thanks for the posting @Kyanight- I cannot recall, did you grow up in plural marriage, are in a plural marriage now or both?

None of the above.  My ex-husband grew up in a plural family, I just grew up AROUND plural families, so was familiar with the concept.  I met my husband when I was a senior in high school, and he swore up and down that he hated polygamy and would never want to take a second wife.  Unfortunately his father was head of his own church and a very strict and authoritarian man, and my husband could never stand up to him - or maybe never wanted to stand up to him... or maybe changed his mind down the road.  Personally I think my husband was tempted to cheat after several years of marriage and a few kids and by taking the witch  - I mean beast, er... GIRLFRIEND as a wife, not only did he get what he wanted without a messy divorce and child support but he was the apple of Daddy's eye.   I left him when my youngest were babies and my kids are all adults now ... so that was a LONG time ago.  In case you were wondering and even if you weren't.... he never called the kids, never sent birthday or Christmas cards or presents, never initiated any contact whatsoever.  (DID pay court ordered child support, though. Garnished.)  A couple of the younger ones reached out to him and their half-brothers and sisters at various times when they got older but it definitely did not work out.  The older ones didn't care.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

None of the above.  My ex-husband grew up in a plural family, I just grew up AROUND plural families, so was familiar with the concept.  I met my husband when I was a senior in high school, and he swore up and down that he hated polygamy and would never want to take a second wife.  Unfortunately his father was head of his own church and a very strict and authoritarian man, and my husband could never stand up to him - or maybe never wanted to stand up to him... or maybe changed his mind down the road.  Personally I think my husband was tempted to cheat after several years of marriage and a few kids and by taking the witch  - I mean beast, er... GIRLFRIEND as a wife, not only did he get what he wanted without a messy divorce and child support but he was the apple of Daddy's eye.   I left him when my youngest were babies and my kids are all adults now ... so that was a LONG time ago.  In case you were wondering and even if you weren't.... he never called the kids, never sent birthday or Christmas cards or presents, never initiated any contact whatsoever.  (DID pay court ordered child support, though. Garnished.)  A couple of the younger ones reached out to him and their half-brothers and sisters at various times when they got older but it definitely did not work out.  The older ones didn't care.

Oh thank you for sharing your experience living near people who practiced plural marriage. 

Your ex is an asshat and the kids are better off without him. His loss. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh thank you for sharing your experience living near people who practiced plural marriage. 

Your ex is an asshat and the kids are better off without him. His loss. 

I don't think I explained myself well - sorry about that!   I was the first of three wives - but I thought I was going to be the only one.  And he had two other wives and a herd of kids, so he didn't care after we left.  There is definitely favoritism when it comes to kids in plural marriages.   This is off-topic (Janelle) so I will shut up now.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 7
On 10/19/2020 at 1:25 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My mother had the same surgery that Janelle had several years ago.  Her dermatologist said for her to wear that zinc sunscreen that leaves you looking white, every single day that she is outside, sunshine or cloudy.  And to wear long sleeves and pants and a large hat to protect skin that is not covered.  My mother has had several others burned/frozen off every year.  She now is required to go back every 6 months because they keep showing up.  

Yes, me too...I haven't had any reoccurrences, but my dermatologist said I had to always wear a hat when outside (mine was on top of my head) and sunscreen at all times.  But I confess it's really hard to do for me.  

• Love 4

Why is it that I wish Robyn is absolutely hating Flagstaff, what with the cold and snowy winters?  And that she's driving Kootie apeshit with all her whining and demands?

Janelle, stop pretending that you 'hike' more than 1/2 block.  I'm not buying it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why is it that I wish Robyn is absolutely hating Flagstaff, what with the cold and snowy winters?  And that she's driving Kootie apeshit with all her whining and demands?

Janelle, stop pretending that you 'hike' more than 1/2 block.  I'm not buying it.

Robyn probably is in a terror because the mansion is in the trees.

I don't believe Janelle 'hikes' more than 1/2 block either.  And why would she consider fresh air & exercise to be non-responsible?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4