Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

I get pre-time change anxiety.  It's like a low-grade uneasiness that starts about the week before Halloween, when I know that soon it will be too dark to go for a walk after dinner.  When the sun goes down early, it does make me want to hibernate and sleep more.  This year should be extra interesting because I won't have my twice a week yoga classes to go to, which forces me out of the house and always makes me feel better for having done something.  So...darkness + pandemic = ????  It is SUPER easy to make excuses and once you head down that path, it's easy to keep on making them.  For someone like Janelle who has an excuse for just about everything it's going to be a struggle unless one of her beloved sister wives thinks "hey - when's the last time we saw Janelle?  I wonder how she's doing?"  I mean, isn't that part of the awesomeness of having sister wives in the first place? (insert massive eyeroll here) 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

Growing up in Indiana (before they changed to Eastern time) I had the same experience.  It was great. 

The thing is, changing the clocks doesn't change nature.  As the days get shorter, you are just transferring the hour of darkness to the other end of the day.  So kids either stand in the dark in the morning for the school bus or come home in the dusky light.  Just keep it one way or the other, I don't care. But the transition is very difficult for some people and the incidents of traffic accidents always go up at the time change.

I have officially decided never to try boiled peanuts after the descriptions. Sounds disgusting.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

The thing is, changing the clocks doesn't change nature.  As the days get shorter, you are just transferring the hour of darkness to the other end of the day.  So kids either stand in the dark in the morning for the school bus or come home in the dusky light.  Just keep it one way or the other, I don't care. But the transition is very difficult for some people and the incidents of traffic accidents always go up at the time change.

I have officially decided never to try boiled peanuts after the descriptions. Sounds disgusting.

So for morning people. It's better. I'm asleep by 9 pm all year. I prefer more morning light.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Accountability group from our favorite sloth? This ought to be good 😆😂

Janelle's version: "I don't know about you guys, but I ate something green today." 

Do Skittles come in green? 

I just wonder how much she's going to charge this time. I think last time it was $49. The Browns don't do anything for free these days.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Do Skittles come in green? 

I just wonder how much she's going to charge this time. I think last time it was $49. The Browns don't do anything for free these days.

I'm pretty sure they do!  M & M's do, for sure.  I used to eat them pre-menopause.  

More worthless crap from our illustrious coach Janelle (cough, cough.)  Another money grab.  These idiots bleed $.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm for one time all year round.  Doesn't matter which; just have one or the other.  Even though I'm retired, it still sucks.  When we were working, it was even worse.

No squishy peanuts for me, either.  I get the Kirkland big can from Costco, and they are good.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The time change plays havoc with feeding and medication schedules in the hospital.  Parents want to come in to feed their NICU baby on the way to work, and then the time changes.  Their work time changes, but the baby's schedule doesn't.  Same with timed medications.  It takes several days to change the feeding schedule for some babies.  Pick one, and leave it.  California voted, maybe last year, and the population wanted to stop changing time.  I never heard about it again.  So much for voting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The time change plays havoc with feeding and medication schedules in the hospital.  Parents want to come in to feed their NICU baby on the way to work, and then the time changes.  Their work time changes, but the baby's schedule doesn't.  Same with timed medications.  It takes several days to change the feeding schedule for some babies.  Pick one, and leave it. 

It was brutal when you had to work the midnight shift and do 13 hours that night plus try to even out timed meds for the patients.

Pick one and stick to it. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It was brutal when you had to work the midnight shift and do 13 hours that night plus try to even out timed meds for the patients.

Been there--done that.  At one time, my hospital didn't pay you for the extra hour, figuring that it would be made up when you worked the "short" night when the time changed again.  They finally decided to pay the extra hour.  It makes a big mess in charting on the night shift, too.  I just hated working the nights the time changed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, OdinO. said:

There are more people who eat meat and they like vegetables too. I love green beans cooked with country ham. 

Oh I’m sure, but perhaps they should offer both rather than offering only four vegetable dishes without meat.  Meat eaters can eat all eight, but the vegetarian can only have four. I wouldn’t expect omnivores to eat veggie burgers to accommodate my preferences. 

• Love 3

She did her “live”. She said she was in search of an accountability partner, couldn’t find one, so she decided to start the group. She looked at the ceiling mostly, instead of at the camera. 
“Life gets in the way”, “Today was hard”, “We had many things planned today, but ended up watching Lucifer”. Blah, blah.
Then you could hear  a door open, (it was Caleb, not shown) the sun was shining on her face, then the door was closed. She said it was time to go because Caleb was home and it was time for dinner.

The expert relating to people:

DB96F827-D3F5-48FC-BA7D-31D9B1267BC6.jpeg

9774AF7A-8E15-495B-9EB6-6629EB0FEC9D.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

So they're mushy and squish between your teeth?

What does it taste like? Salty? Sweet? Etc..

They're not bad when they're hot; once they're cold they are indeed nasty.  The ones I've had have been salty and mushy, almost like peanut butter but with more water and less stickiness.  Somewhat the same texture as cooked garlic cloves, but very different flavor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Night shift has it bad with that. I can see that would be a problem with charting too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

As P.T. Barnum once said.......................................

I want to know if Janelle or Tricia will be held accountable for the vegetable photo.  Those peas and carrots are so dehydrated, they appear to have sat on the counter for the full 21 day challenge.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She did her “live”. She said she was in search of an accountability partner, couldn’t find one, so she decided to start the group. She looked at the ceiling mostly, instead of at the camera. 
“Life gets in the way”, “Today was hard”, “We had many things planned today, but ended up watching Lucifer”. Blah, blah.
Then you could hear  a door open, (it was Caleb, not shown) the sun was shining on her face, then the door was closed. She said it was time to go because Caleb was home and it was time for dinner.

I’m curious to see how she can even handle accountability. She has excuses for everything. 

I’m so sick of hearing this woman complain about everything, that life gets in the way and she can’t EVER seem to make any fitness progress. That’s the only thing she’s ever been consistent about—complaining about why she hasn’t been successful. And she has the nerve to start an accountability group! 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"Two experienced health and wellness coaches"....

That woman is seriously delusional.

And if Tricia is a really serious Health Coach, why the heck is she teaming up with Janelle? That can't be any help to her reputation.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, lindalouwho said:

So is it 21 days or 14? Or do you get to pick which 14 in the next 21 you will hold yourself accountable? Or is it one day on and one day off?  I’m so confused.....

Maybe she is confused...it starts 9/14 supposedly for 21 days maybe she just did a typo???? Very professional  Janelle...NOT!

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Maybe she is confused...it starts 9/14 supposedly for 21 days maybe she just did a typo???? Very professional  Janelle...NOT!

Or, you only need to "stay on track" for 14 days starting 9/14 and then spend the last 7 days of the 21 day Group Challenge listing your excuses, "being accountable" for your failures.  Maybe she should sell Festivus poles so they can all air their grievances on day 21.  It is also odd to have a start date that is well in the future; I suspect many of them will pig out on their Barcaloungers like Janelle until 9/14.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8

Wait, so Janelle needs someone to hold her accountable, but she wants people to pay for the privilege?  I can’t even wrap my head around this one.  I hope no one signs up. Get off your ass and get a real job!  That goes for the rest of them, too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

So is it 21 days or 14? Or do you get to pick which 14 in the next 21 you will hold yourself accountable? Or is it one day on and one day off?  I’m so confused.....

This one is 14 days. The 21 day picture is from the group she had earlier this year. Instead of using a new picture, or cropping the old one, she just put it up there. She was too busy to notice!

Here’s her health coach partner:

http://triciaontrack.com/about-me

Notice, she has the same certification as Janelle, but she actually appears to be active. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s her health coach partner:

http://triciaontrack.com/about-me
Notice, she has the same certification as Janelle, but she actually appears to be active. 

So then the question becomes why would she associate with Janelle?  A T1 diabetic who can control her weight, health & exercise must be doing something right.  Perhaps she was trying to help Janelle, or is looking for national exposure and hopes that the Strivers who actually want to achieve rather than strive will join her instead.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4

I so, SO want to drop $45 on this nonsense but $45 buys me, like, eight venti chai tea lattes (my weekend guilty pleasure).  

Can you imagine being Janelle's accountability partner?

You: Okay, Janelle!  It's gorgeous out this morning!  Let's go for a walk around 10 before it gets too hot/humid/cold/rainy/snowy/windy/sunshiney/cloudy/busy!

Janelle: Ten?  As in 10 in the morning?  Ummmm.....I won't be back from taking Savannah to school yet.

You: Doesn't she do virtual school?

Janelle: What I meant was, I won't be done waking her up for virtual school at 10.  How about an evening walk?

You: Okay, how does 7 work?

Janelle: Well, I think I have to go to the store and buy some kale at 7.  What about tomorrow?

You: Sure, but let's set a time and do it!  This is the 14th day in a row you haven't been able to go for a walk, you silly girl!  It's almost like you don't want to!

Janelle: Of course I do!  But to you rilly understand how busy I am?  Do you?  Do you think these Strive posts write themselves?  And then I have to cook dinner once a week or the Farmer's Market veggies start to smell...and then I have to sit on my La-Z-Boy and angle it just right so I can play catch with the dog without having to stand up...and sometimes I have to pull my yoga mat out and take a picture of it for social media...and then, every third Tuesday night, Kody's here snoring on my sofa so it's not like I can just walk anytime!  You know what?  Just stop calling me.  I hate walking anyway.

You:.................

Janelle: That's be $45.  Make your check out to Strive With Janelle.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

So then the question becomes why would she associate with Janelle?  A T1 diabetic who can control her weight, health & exercise must be doing something right.  Perhaps she was trying to help Janelle, or is looking for national exposure and hopes that the Strivers who actually want to achieve rather than strive will join her instead.

There are a LOT of people out there who are "star struck" no matter how lame or slight the fame might be.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Don't shoot me for saying she looks like a bullfrog in the bottom photo. 

Interestingly, it appears that the dermatologist had to remove part of her upper lip when excising the McNugget. Silly that she just let it go for so long.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Interestingly, it appears that the dermatologist had to remove part of her upper lip when excising the McNugget. Silly that she just let it go for so long.

I guess when you have no health insurance, you're over a million dollars in debt because your sister-wife needed to live in a rented mansion and your bonus kids have half a mil in medical debt, you just let oddly-colored growths on your face grow until your Instagram followers start pointing it out, because you know Kody didn't notice.  Or care.  Or could afford to have it taken care of.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've thought this from day one of the show.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'd have to shoot myself for thinking the same thing.  Being such a SM expert, you'd think she'd know not to put the camera where it has a direct view up her nostrils.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6

So she couldn't find an accountability partner so then came up with the idea to charge people money to help hold her accountable along with themselves? Maybe, just maybe, if she got a real job she wouldn't have so much extra time to sit down with a pan of peanut butter Fritos in front of her tv and need an accountability partner. Anyone can get a life coaching certificate and call themselves a coach. Hell, Udemy has 25 dollar course to become a life coach. Her certificate doesn't mean crap if she can't walk the walk, and her personality isn't the right fit for coaching. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

According to an “impromptu “ video by Janelle, she is overwhelmed by the responses. She also said Maddie may be joining the group. 

Well I can understand being shocked when a couple of women actually WANT to shell out some money for basically nothing in return.  Two responses WOULD be overwhelming for her.  I hope she doesn't blow that money on Fritos!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

Experienced? Blahahaha!! I need to read the testimonials from her clients that made her "experienced" What planet does she live on? 

Omg. Planet Delusion. 

I want to root for Janelle. I really do. But time and time again, she shows herself to be a terrible fit in the health/fitness industry. She does not belong there. Sometimes, fake it until you make it doesn't work, because in this profession, you actually have to DO THE WORK or you are not credible. Janelle is still an unmotivated lump, and that's ok as long as lumps like her don't charge money for their ramblings. 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She lost me right there.  I don't bother reading anything with errors in elementary grammar.

Same here.  And I am not Vit D deficient because I learned how important it is over 10 years ago, from legitimate sources and medical journal articles.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And I am not Vit D deficient because I learned how important it is over 10 years ago, from legitimate sources and medical journal articles.

My oncologist prescribed it for me 10 years ago and I take 7,000 IU daily in summer and 10,000 IU daily in the winter.

Low vitamin D was first ID'd as an issue when it was noted that women in countries in northern latitudes had more cases of breast cancer than expected.  The hypothesis was that they don't get as much sunlight especially in winter.  

• Useful 7
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

My oncologist prescribed it for me 10 years ago and I take 7,000 IU daily in summer and 10,000 IU daily in the winter.

Low vitamin D was first ID'd as an issue when it was noted that women in countries in northern latitudes had more cases of breast cancer than expected.  The hypothesis was that they don't get as much sunlight especially in winter.  

How often do you have to have bloodwork done, if I may ask?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How often do you have to have bloodwork done, if I may ask?

Just yearly with my annual physical.  My internist agrees with that amount and I no longer see my oncologist.  They both want to keep me in the 60-70 ng/ml range.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5