Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And why would she consider fresh air & exercise to be non-responsible?

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

And how long did she consider doing it? She makes a project out of everything.

And, what is she doing otherwise midday Thursdays?  It's not like she works, has a job, cooks, meal plans, cleans. . . 

• Love 5
On 10/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, Kyanight said:

We live mile high in Denver... meaning we are closer to the sun and burn quicker than lower altitudes.  I am guessing that Flagstaff is also high altitude... you just don't take chances.    I kind of understand where she is coming from on the Vitamin D aspect - I know Chris Cuomo swears by it, in helping him recover from Covid... but with her history of Chicken Mcnuggets, it seems kind of risky.

I WILL say that either Janelle is totally oblivious (which I believe anyway) or she is totally without vanity.   I can't think of a single woman I know or 
"know" from social media, who would post such an unflattering picture of herself online.  

I can’t rag on Janelle’s stats. I was visiting  a friend in Colorado once who took me to garden of the gods for a “walk”. I about died. Like the air had been sucked from the lungs. And that was at the best fitness I’d ever been in of my life. 

Then again, Janelle has had what—more than a year, nearly two—to get used to the altitude. 

Also, I doubt this morning sun bathing 🙄  is necessary.  I highly doubt she’s covering her exposed flesh beyond her face in the appropriate amount sunscreen everyday.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I will never understand Janelle. How is taking a break to exercise breaking some kind of rule or not “responsible”? This woman claims to want to improve her health, yet she says she feels guilty when she takes the time to do it. 

Janelle words things in a manner that conveys a lack of confidence. She seems to go through life unsure about EVERYTHING. If Janelle could be likened to an animal, it would be a quail. Anyone who’s ever observed quail know they are skittish, fearful and always think the sky is falling. Even their calls are full of fear and trepidation, much like Janelle’s posts. 

It’s been years and still Janelle has not built much confidence. 

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

If Janelle could be likened to an animal, it would be a quail. Anyone who’s ever observed quail know they are skittish, fearful and always think the sky is falling. Even their calls are full of fear and trepidation, much like Janelle’s posts. 

Thank you TurtlePower for this observation.  I have never had the opportunity to observe a quail in it's natural habitat but thanks to you, our resident Naturalist, you have made a great comparison.  Funny how we use these similarities in our language.  I had never thought about the origin of the expression "he quailed at the thought of it", but now I know.  Thanks.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, cripes, if anybody is going to repost that hideous pictures, please give me some warning!  I almost flipped my laptop off the table.

My apologies! Maybe a “spoiler” tag next time? 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Ultraviolet light from the sun may contribute to the development of cataracts. Wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet B (UVB) rays when you're outdoors, Janelle.  Light blue eyes are particularly prone to damage.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

She looks 65, not that there's anything wrong with that -- except that I believe she is 51).

None of them are aging well.  Bad diet?  Stress?  Inability to afford skin care products?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Eagerly anticipating Janelle sharing recipes for green tomatoes, will it be a salsa or chutney?  Or maybe in true Janelle fashion, she'll suggest placing them in a brown paper bag hoping they will magically transform into juicy red tomatoes bursting with flavor, only to be discovered in a month's time, forlornly sitting on a windowsill.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Eagerly anticipating Janelle sharing recipes for green tomatoes, will it be a salsa or chutney?

Fried green tomatoes.  Fried being the operative word.

Edited by Kohola3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 10/26/2020 at 7:18 AM, ginger90 said:

8A38738D-E709-4043-80AB-A94129A1DF35.jpeg

577549C0-F0AA-4226-9E8A-C15DEB96CD5A.jpeg

These posts may be Janelle’s way of low key letting everyone know Kodie doesn’t do yard work or gardening.  
On a side note, what heterosexual relationship requires the wife to do without the husband and seek lifelong emotional, physical, and mental support from - another woman?  There is a name for that and that name is not polygamy.  And Mariah defines that name for them by just cutting out the middle man.

Edited by Just Wondering
Spacing
  • Love 10
On 10/26/2020 at 6:18 AM, ginger90 said:

8A38738D-E709-4043-80AB-A94129A1DF35.jpeg

577549C0-F0AA-4226-9E8A-C15DEB96CD5A.jpeg

FFS. Just when we think she cannot seem any more naive. She now only realizes how sedentary our lives are? And challenges her to introduce more activity? THIS is why she is not qualified in any way, shape or form, to be a professional coach. She makes herself sound like a brand-new-to-this IDIOT. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

And not just brand-new to fitness, mind you...she is brand new to vegetables.  And going outside.  And taking walks.  She always professed to be this hippie outdoorsy teepee-living camping/hiking/fishing fanatic in earlier seasons - yet how, pray tell, can you be both an outdoor enthusiast but a stranger to exercise?  Her wide-eyed wonder at the concepts of fresh air and food that doesn't come out of a can is at odds with who she insists she is as a person.  She needs to just go back to her little cubicle at Dunder Mifflin and crunch numbers all day long like we all know she wants to and give up the pretense of enjoying the whole sunshine and fresh food concepts.  We all know you're lying, Janelle!!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And not just brand-new to fitness, mind you...she is brand new to vegetables.  And going outside.  And taking walks.  She always professed to be this hippie outdoorsy teepee-living camping/hiking/fishing fanatic in earlier seasons - yet how, pray tell, can you be both an outdoor enthusiast but a stranger to exercise?  Her wide-eyed wonder at the concepts of fresh air and food that doesn't come out of a can is at odds with who she insists she is as a person.  She needs to just go back to her little cubicle at Dunder Mifflin and crunch numbers all day long like we all know she wants to and give up the pretense of enjoying the whole sunshine and fresh food concepts.  We all know you're lying, Janelle!!

OMG!!

When I read that I instantly thought of the moment in the Office when Kevin was told to man the phones for the day...

Screen cap to Janelle would be her opening up the CSA box filled with fresh veggies and her just staring at it...glassy eyed saying...."Kale"

😂

Naturally...if you haven't seen the Office 4,968 times you will have no idea what nonsense I am spouting...

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Why set oneself up like that?  Either buy a small bag of candy and have a piece or two a day until it's gone or simply go I'm adult and don't need an annual candy binge?  ::shakes head::  Janelle seems to find ways to defeat any attempt at healthy living or even semi-healthy living.

• Love 14

They throw it out?  How incredibly stupid.  There are SO many places that can use it and doubly more this year.  People that cannot afford food certainly don't spend on candy.  The staff in hospitals overwhelmed with Covid patients would appreciate a treat.  First responders, city workers, the list is endless. 

The Brown Clowns - a clueless waste of air.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Why set oneself up like that?  Either buy a small bag of candy and have a piece or two a day until it's gone or simply go I'm adult and don't need an annual candy binge?  ::shakes head::  Janelle seems to find ways to defeat any attempt at healthy living or even semi-healthy living.

Or maybe it's just big "come-on" to get people to send her $45 for this latest two week accountability group.  Because other people do tend to eat too many sweets/calories this time of year.  Next month it will be because of Thanksgiving... then Christmas... then the New Year... then Valentine's candy... and so on and so forth.  Nice way to get some Ka-Ching!! to pay the mortgage.  Have people send you $45 for the privilege of posting their accomplishments (or lack of) in messages.  NO effort or work really involved.  No operating costs... 100% profit.  Like taking candy from a baby... or money from "star" struck fans.  I put quotes around "star" because it's subjective - but some people love hobnobbing with anyone who has the slightest claim to fame.

• Love 9

I don't believe she only indulges for a couple of days.  She doesn't seem to be aware that the enormous amount of weight she continues to carry on her frame is like a lie detector, and it points to LIES every time she tries to pretend she exercises with any regularity, or is mindful of her eating with any regularity.  

A person can lie and say they stopped smoking, and as long as you don't see or smell cigarettes around them, they can get by with the lie.  Someone can claim they quit alcohol and as long as you don't see them drunk or catch a whiff of alcohol, they can get by with the lie.  But food is a big tattletale because you can't hide the fact that you are just as heavy, or even heavier, than when you supposedly started on a diet and exercise routine.

I hate liars, and Janelle is nothing but a big liar.  Both literally and figuratively. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

THIS. I've wondered this as well. How can she seem so wet-behind-the-ears yet claim to have been outdoorsy? I don't buy it. I've been outdoorsy since I was a child and none of the things that seem "new" to Janelle are new to me. To me it's, "duh, dude". Janelle is an obvious poser, plain and simple. 

12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They throw it out?  How incredibly stupid.  There are SO many places that can use it and doubly more this year.  People that cannot afford food certainly don't spend on candy.  The staff in hospitals overwhelmed with Covid patients would appreciate a treat.  First responders, city workers, the list is endless. 

The Brown Clowns - a clueless waste of air.

Agreed. Only in America do we buy what people in other countries would love to have and then throw it away even though there's nothing wrong with it. If Janelle cannot resist eating it, she ought not to buy any at all versus wasting it. First responders absolutely would appreciate the candy. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

does throwing out the wrappers count? Because I think that's what Janelle throws away. The wrappers.

That would probably go on her list of energy expended for the day.  It takes effort to crumple the wrapper, walk to the kitchen trash bin, step on the lift lever, raise an arm and heave.

• LOL 7

image.png.6e4de04cddc2bf5cd8a0342e2508b2bc.png

Well..... a red face can also prove you just drank some margaritas.  It can also mean you stayed in the hot tub too long.  Or perhaps you got sunburned.  Now a smaller waistline after 5 years of striving might prove something....!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 10/31/2020 at 12:15 PM, ginger90 said:

21A614B0-F9A0-4290-AA59-7E9ACF9240EB.jpeg

4C3D46D1-CCED-41E8-919A-107B07C86D55.jpeg

82884265-3120-4163-A2F3-2DACB12882DE.jpeg

9832A77A-9802-4CE7-A536-43DD85DE0B8B.jpeg

She posted this in the comments:

71A9974E-399D-4BE3-8A10-85199F3ECAE7.jpeg

Why would I choose to work out "a little harder" because it's Halloween? I'm pretty sure that calorie burn will be cancelled out by a few meager pieces of candy. So just don't eat the candy, Janelle. 

Given the holiday season is just around the corner, like clockwork we're going to be subjected to hearing about Janelle's struggles trying to deal with holiday meals. Suggestion for Janelle: choose one or two indulgences you love and only make those. But, if Janelle were actually good at managing her food intake, she would have been more successful by now. Get ready for the upcoming seasonal lamentations from Janelle (sorry girl that exercise bike won't cut it--a marathon, however, will). 

• Love 5

So she can't take the leftover candy and throw it in the freezer and take out one or two pieces a day to enjoy?  She has to "throw it out" (code for hide it under Kody's side of the bed where no one will ever look)?  She's really telling us that she spent money on candy only to toss it?  Nope.  Not believing it for one second.  And if you ate so much candy that you have to spend $45 for a Z-lister to "encourage" you on a two-week detoxify program, you'd be far better off skipping Halloween entirely.

And look at that stupid exercise bike...it's got dust on it, it's sitting on a filthy mat and it's crammed between some weird fake trees, a huge trunk, and a piano (and what is that thing under the piano bench that looks like a broken skateboard)?  I wouldn't want to exercise in a space that cluttered and claustrophobic.  No wonder she hates the thing. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And look at that stupid exercise bike...it's got dust on it

In the summer she put the bike on the back patio.  Then said it was too hot outside to cycle.  So why did she take it outside?  Perhaps she could get some exercise cleaning the house and donating or dumping the junk that confines/paralyzes her in her own living room.

She's also probably the type that flushes red from embarrassment whenever she or one of her extended fambly members does something stupid.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

(and what is that thing under the piano bench that looks like a broken skateboard)?  

Well, she'll have you know that is her genuine camel seat.  It was great when living in Vegas, she could sit back in her tattered pleather chair, gazing upon her galloping horse wall sculpture by the light of her resin cowboy boot lamp and rest her weary feet on it.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So she can't take the leftover candy and throw it in the freezer and take out one or two pieces a day to enjoy?  She has to "throw it out" (code for hide it under Kody's side of the bed where no one will ever look)?  She's really telling us that she spent money on candy only to toss it?  Nope.  Not believing it for one second.  And if you ate so much candy that you have to spend $45 for a Z-lister to "encourage" you on a two-week detoxify program, you'd be far better off skipping Halloween entirely.

And look at that stupid exercise bike...it's got dust on it, it's sitting on a filthy mat and it's crammed between some weird fake trees, a huge trunk, and a piano (and what is that thing under the piano bench that looks like a broken skateboard)?  I wouldn't want to exercise in a space that cluttered and claustrophobic.  No wonder she hates the thing. 

I LOVE frozen candy!!! 

I think Janelle, being cognizant of her deadline, ate more candy than she normally would've so there wasn't any to throw away the next day. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

As @ginger90 noted above, Janelle went hiking on Monday, but the cold snap is not supposed to happen until Saturday. What about the other days? I just don't get it. She could do the stationary bike when it gets colder.

I'm also not buying that she went more than a few hundred yards, snapped the pix, and headed back to her car. Followed by a visit to the "drive-thru."

I feel sorry for her so I almost hate to snark. Almost, but not quite.

Oh, and here's the thing: actual hiking, up hills etc, warms the body. I actually enjoy hiking in the winter. I bring microspikes in case I encounter ice/snow and shed layers as I go.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8EEBAF6D-7251-4942-AF10-CEB22A8F1F90.jpeg

BB1063F3-0E6A-4244-8D0E-C01B249FDB44.jpeg

9B0BC696-B441-496F-A716-C1F2F5A6C69A.jpeg

A53BE0FC-098C-4269-9097-EA58E6819004.jpeg

B1ADD35B-E2A4-46B0-8BAA-49D5BEB9D741.jpeg

5D35A42C-399C-44D0-B587-C445A9B6C7EC.jpeg

9C7D3EB7-F10E-4639-BF89-43F2499ABB78.jpeg

So the claim Janelle makes about having been an outdoorsy person? I'm calling BS--most true outdoor people prefer hiking whenever they can. Also, hiking up and down in the mountains burns major calories, Janelle! 

Also, whenever we hear Janelle talking about exercise--no matter what it is--she talks abut how hard it is to get going.  She just hates it and I suppose there are some people will never love exercise. Even if they like the effects, they hate the process. 

• Love 10

I am currently rewatching the days of the Saga of Janelle and Trainer Sean (the slightly unhinged dude who made her take a sledgehammer to her scale).  In these eps, Janelle is mourning the fact that the scale isn't moving but to look at her, you can clearly see that she's losing weight.  Her face is more defined and I could see she was in much better shape, even if she was still overweight.  So she knows what to do, she's done it before.  And I could cut her all the slack in the world because who hasn't seen results and suddenly backed off on the training for whatever reason?  I have and I can't count how many times.  The difference is she is a HEALTH COACH.  If the Janelle of Trainer Sean days was running Strive, she might actually have something to contribute.  But this is Eeyore Janelle who has a college-ruled notebook full of whiny excuses about how harrrrrrrrrrrrrd it is to go outside, and eat good food, and mentally tackle the process of putting on shoes, etc.  She cannot possibly be making enough money from this scheme to pay her electric bill.  I don't understand why the fam'ly doesn't get together and pull the plug on Strive, much like they did on MSWC.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't understand why the fam'ly doesn't get together and pull the plug on Strive, much like they did on MSWC.

Probably because it doesn't cost anything to keep it limping along.  She may have a handful of clueless followers still forking (pun intended) out money.  MSWC had costs for the inventory and the website.   Doesn't cost Janelle a cent to toss out useless tidbits to her adoring fans on social media.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

So the claim Janelle makes about having been an outdoorsy person? I'm calling BS--most true outdoor people prefer hiking whenever they can. Also, hiking up and down in the mountains burns major calories, Janelle! 

Also, whenever we hear Janelle talking about exercise--no matter what it is--she talks abut how hard it is to get going.  She just hates it and I suppose there are some people will never love exercise. Even if they like the effects, they hate the process. 

No one will ever accuse Janelle of unbridled enthusiasm for anything, with the possible exception of a fishing jaunt hours before her daughter's wedding.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1