Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Woot! What a handsome and happy young man! AF Academy, top of his class, Johns freakin' Hopkins, pursuing a master's. Doncha know Daddy-O's take is "Where did I go wrong with this one?"

As for the liver lover... perhaps a nurse in the family will come in handy somewhere along the line. 

• Love 18

This really is awesome. Bravo, Hunter! Following in Logan's footsteps! Pretty amazing that Janelle has produced the best of the bunch, thus far. Most grounded and achievement-oriented, that is. 

• Love 15
30 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

This really is awesome. Bravo, Hunter! Following in Logan's footsteps! Pretty amazing that Janelle has produced the best of the bunch, thus far. Most grounded and achievement-oriented, that is. 

This is amazing!  

• Love 6
On 7/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, smarty2020 said:

Janelle's rental house is very modest and only costs $2,850 a month.  It's the others that had to have the expensive million dollar rentals.  

On 7/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, laurakaye said:

ONLY 2850 A MONTH

Wow...........I may be naive but holy crap that seems like a LOT to pay for a modest rental house.  

Yea..."ONLY" is exactly what I thought.  I live in rural Pennsylvania and just can't fathom paying that much per month, rental or not.  That amount is 4 months of mortgage/home owners ins/property taxes combined for me.

Janelle has a heavy case of "I don't deserve more...I'll just make due" syndrome.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Yea..."ONLY" is exactly what I thought.  I live in rural Pennsylvania and just can't fathom paying that much per month, rental or not.  That amount is 4 months of mortgage/home owners ins/property taxes combined for me.

Janelle has a heavy case of "I don't deserve more...I'll just make due" syndrome.

For perspective, Meri's rental house in Flagstaff costs $4,500 a month.  It's valued at approximately $1,024,687 by Zillow.  It is 4,000 square feet.  Janelle's rental house on the other hand is only valued at $673,000 by zillow and is 2786 square feet.  She's being a lot more realistic than the rest of the Brown's by picking something that only costs $2,850.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

For perspective, Meri's rental house in Flagstaff costs $4,500 a month.  It's valued at approximately $1,024,687 by Zillow.  It is 4,000 square feet.  Janelle's rental house on the other hand is only valued at $673,000 by zillow and is 2786 square feet.  She's being a lot more realistic than the rest of the Brown's by picking something that only costs $2,850.

Meri is paying .88 per sq. ft. to rent a palatial home, Janelle is paying $1.02 per sq. ft. in a neighborhood that has been described as dangerous.  Maybe Janelle isn't as "cerebral" as she purports to be.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, suomi said:

Woot! What a handsome and happy young man! AF Academy, top of his class, Johns freakin' Hopkins, pursuing a master's. 

Particularly since, didn't he start out at the prep school?  Which meant his grades weren't really up to snuff for the Academy, and after that prep year he went on to finish in the top 10% of the class.  Bravo, sir!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

If she's so cerebral, why is she reading books about a vampire that sparkles in the sun??

(hides from Twilight fans............)😘

I enjoyed the last three movies but the books, I just couldn't get into. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If she's so cerebral, why is she reading books about a vampire that sparkles in the sun??

(hides from Twilight fans............)😘

Um.  I read the Twilight books.  My daughter was really into them at the time, and they were wildly popular so I decided to see what the hype was about.  They weren't awful, but I would describe them as a really good series of books written for a 15 year old girl.  I am not entirely sure what to think about Janelle (who is close to my age) being so over the top wild about them. 

• Love 8
On 8/1/2020 at 7:22 PM, Fosca said:

Particularly since, didn't he start out at the prep school?  Which meant his grades weren't really up to snuff for the Academy, and after that prep year he went on to finish in the top 10% of the class.  Bravo, sir!

It would be interesting to see what sort of officer he finally develops into, once he hits what we call "The Real Air Force". I served under some Academy grads who were great. Others, well, not quite so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2020 at 7:25 PM, Teafortwo said:

At least the boys do, the girls seem to run off with the first person that pays them any attention 

• Love 8
On 8/4/2020 at 2:06 PM, Roslyn said:

Um.  I read the Twilight books.  My daughter was really into them at the time, and they were wildly popular so I decided to see what the hype was about.  They weren't awful, but I would describe them as a really good series of books written for a 15 year old girl.  I am not entirely sure what to think about Janelle (who is close to my age) being so over the top wild about them. 

Where’s the Twilight for polygamists?

One Vampire, Four Bellas.  

Edited by Just Wondering
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Somehow I don't believe Janelle has the energy it takes to can anything.  

Canning is a grueling process.  I remember growing up and my mom and dad being in the kitchen Friday, Saturday and Sunday, prepping, and canning.  We had a large garden and remember canning numerous pints and quart jars of produce.  Then they got tired of that and just started freezing most of it.  We had a giant chest freezer in the back hallway, always full of food.  Unless she is just doing a one time canning.  My parents did it several times during our long growing season.  Also making jelly.  But there is nothing better than home made plum and grape jelly.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Canning is a grueling process.  I remember growing up and my mom and dad being in the kitchen Friday, Saturday and Sunday, prepping, and canning.  We had a large garden and remember canning numerous pints and quart jars of produce.  Then they got tired of that and just started freezing most of it.  We had a giant chest freezer in the back hallway, always full of food.  Unless she is just doing a one time canning.  My parents did it several times during our long growing season.  Also making jelly.  But there is nothing better than home made plum and grape jelly.

That's one thing my mom and mother-in-law always did, make homemade jellies.  So good.  I helped my mother-in-law can peaches at season's peak, and you are right, it's hard work.  Hot and sweaty!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hot and sweaty!

I look back to helping my mom before air conditioning was in homes and, of course, everything comes ripe and ready at the hottest part of the year.  My neighbors used to say they knew when Mom was canning chili sauce because they could smell it down the block!

I still can although not like my mom did. I do smaller batches of things to use and give as gifts.  I make a mean beet apple relish that everybody loves as well as pickled beets and bread and butter pickles.  Certainly a lot easier these days - A/C, food processors for chopping, prepping jars and lids in the dishwasher, and an electric canner are a huge help!  

• Love 6

Ohmygod this woman is beyond stupid. "I'm no expert but I'm gonna recommend this stuff". Not to mention she has no clue what's in those pills nor does anyone know the dosage of the "not medication type of lithium" in them (as the FDA does not regulate supplements courtesy of Sen Grassley. Lots of them contain sawdust or toxic chemicals if they come from China).

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Ohmygod this woman is beyond stupid. "I'm no expert but I'm gonna recommend this stuff". Not to mention she has no clue what's in those pills nor does anyone know the dosage of the "not medication type of lithium" in them (as the FDA does not regulate supplements courtesy of Sen Grassley. Lots of them contain sawdust or toxic chemicals if they come from China).

The government banned the use of lithium in soft drinks for a reason.  It was basically a patent medicine!  Janelle is so full of crap.  No wonder she has digestion issues.

• Love 13

Well, I'm not a doctor either, and y'all know how I feel about this fambly, but, I went to two different CEU sessions with Medical Doctors and they said that in areas where lithium (naturally occurring in water) is in the water, the people are happier.  I can't remember the details, but, I did look it up and seems true.  So we moved to metro Atlanta and the town of Lithia Springs is nearby.  They have a source for water with lithium naturally occurring.  I bought it for 6 months. It doesn't come out of the tap.  Maybe I didn't drink enough of it, but, I never noticed a difference.  Remember that I am not touting Janelle's advice and it wasn't prescription, and it wasn't a supplement.  PS I just googled and naturally occurring lithium in drinking water is a good thing.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1

Lithium in drinking water is really associated with lower rates of suicides but Janelle the idiot is taking supplements which are not regulated so who the hell knows what's in them. Dangerous to do, but she's going to do stupid things as we have seen. 

• Love 7

5 mg is probably similar to naturally occurring amounts that have no effect, so Janelle is probably paying for nothing.  Bipolar people take 900-1800 mg per day.

Then again, the symptoms of mild lithium toxicity include: 

diarrhea.

vomiting.

stomach pains.

fatigue.

muscle weakness.

drowsiness.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

diarrhea.

Oh dear, how would Janelle even tell the difference between her normal digestive disturbances and toxicity?

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

So if you share harmful or incorrect or Facebook crap it's OK because you are "just sharing information"?  She doesn't see the harm in that?  That if people follow her voodoo it's their own fault if something happens? 

I hate that kind of smarmy attempt at deflecting blame.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

5 mg is probably similar to naturally occurring amounts that have no effect, so Janelle is probably paying for nothing.  Bipolar people take 900-1800 mg per day.

diarrhea.

vomiting.

stomach pains.

fatigue.

muscle weakness.

drowsiness.

But hey! Drowsiness! That's what she's after, right? Can't sleep? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So if you share harmful or incorrect or Facebook crap it's OK because you are "just sharing information"?  She doesn't see the harm in that?  That if people follow her voodoo it's their own fault if something happens? 

I hate that kind of smarmy attempt at deflecting blame.

Exactly!!

And she has NOT been clear about her random "rock star" posts.  She rarely states that it is "just information, see your doctor".

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I joined my cousin's community garden this year for the first time.  I paid her a set price in May and she delivers a basket of produce to me once a week.  It's a fantastic deal and the veggies are amazing.  But my family of four - and we all love fresh veggies - can barely keep up with what she's sending us.  The zucchini alone makes us LOL - we are sauteeing it, making bread and muffins from it, noodling it, making fritters from it, etc.  So I have to wonder how much Janelle is actually using when it takes some real time and effort to find creative ways to use it up before it goes bad.  Maybe she's passing on the extra to her beloved sister wives?  Or....maybe not.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So I have to wonder how much Janelle is actually using when it takes some real time and effort to find creative ways to use it up before it goes bad. 

Someone asked her:

0F47D1A9-CDF5-4C70-8BE2-FBDF82EDE576.jpeg

Surprised?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

While I was there, I saw this:

B96998CA-87D9-456D-ACA7-FCB964C2F61B.jpeg

Who are these morons asking JANELLE for diet advice?  "I think there are books...."  I wonder how long she dithered over that profound advice.

Edited by toodles
typing boo boo
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3