Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't recall the wording, but I do remember Kody making a tweet referencing Batman in a snarky manner.  Also, right around the whole fiasco coming to light, Sol made an appearance in none other than Batman pyjamas.  Coincidence???

Yes I remember the batman PJs.  If memory serves...and depending on how much you can believe from JO and the info dump, I remember a phone call or video call between Meri and "Sam" that Sol made an appearance. 

I suspect Meri including Sol in her delusion with JO was a major contributing factor in Robyn severing her deeper friendship/trust with Meri.  It was pretty obvious (even with Brown doublespeak) that Robyn felt as betrayed if not more than Kody with Meri's involvement with "Sam". And later when Meri became very pissy because she wasn't allowed to pick up Solomon and take him on a road trip to be a human shield between her and (angry) Mariah.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Technically. Kinda. Their trip to Alaska was in August, and that is right at the end of the Meri/Sam fling and then something happened that has never been discussed from anyone. Something went on between them that angered JO and made her flood the internet with all the voicemails/photos/screenshots etc. This is also around the time when Kody made a shady comment about "Batman" in a tweet and one of the shows producers followed the batman account on Twitter for a short while.

Meri, in the season when she invited every other "victim" of Sam's to appear on camera, stated that she put two and two together ON the Alaska trip.  That she recognized the actor in an old TV show (that she saw on a DVD rack while shopping in the airport) as the man in photos that were sent to her supposedly being Sam.  If she said it was on the way TO Alaska, or on the way back FROM Alaska...I don't remember.  But supposedly after returning from Alaska she gave "Sam" the great ultimatum of meet me in person or never talk to me again.

The editing certainly makes it look as tho on the Alaska trip Meri was alluding to the fact that she may just walk out at some point...and it seemed like it may be soon. The scene is a fascinating one if you watch it several times and only look at one person at a time.  Kody with his glare-stare, Christine full on "OH MY GOODNESS" caring face.  Janelle semi attentive and later in the talking head only worried about Meri's attendance at Thanksgiving. And then Robyn's complete disconnected fascination of her soup as she just kept shoveling it in. Honestly at this point, what is semi-reality and what is drama induced production editing.

I watch lots of their convos like that..for 1 wife at a time. 

• Love 7
On 7/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, MargeGunderson said:

That might be the best tone-deaf, hypocritical thing Meri has ever posted, which is saying a lot.

Amen, sisterfriend.  That is just egregious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

But funds from the family pot should be doled out according to need, not according to want.

Not in the Brown Clown Financial Plan.  Spirit babies have equal footing to real ones.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 7/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, TurtlePower said:

Does Meri even realize her actions contradict the things she shares? 

It's a Brown-thing, they all do it. All the time. Which is why none of us out here takes them serious and laugh at what they do.  

• Love 6

Mod Announcement- 

Friendly reminder that addresses of reality show participants, (or former participants) are not to be posted. This includes real estate listings. 

Posts including addresses have been removed. Thank you. 

(edited)

So, Meri said to “fall in love with taking care of yourself”: First of all, that’s weird and creepy. 

Second, I thought that’s all Meri does anyways—we have an entire topic named for the tantrum she had over the size of her Vegas house and whether or not it would have a wet bar. She cries any time something doesn’t go her way. I’d say maybe she needs to break up with herself versus “falling in love” with taking care of herself (and I’m pretty sure she’s talking about her, it’s always about HER). 

Meri’s name DOES does start with “Me”.

Whatever, Meri. I look forward to another season of the network making you look terrible (because you are, you care for no one but yourself). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Damn - she's moving again?!?

wait what? let me guess, those mean owners are forcing her out she is a polygamous? Or because the real estate market is hot and they owners are going to sell the house for a nice tidy profit? Is she going to move out to Brown Acres?

image.png.e10198d875c8c736c06fef913915cecc.png  

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anybody know how old “Sam” was supposed to be?

I'm not sure that "he" ever stated his age but judging by the photos he presented as himself, I would place him in the late 30s - early 40s range.  Just another feather in Meri's cap, not only was he a self-made multi millionaire, vegan, handsome, athletically fit, compassionate, intelligent, world traveler with multiple homes around the globe, including a subdivision house right around the corner from the cul-de-sac in LV, Meri also gained status as a Cougar.

Her delusions ran deep.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
On 7/19/2021 at 12:41 PM, Roslyn said:

The scene is a fascinating one if you watch it several times and only look at one person at a time.  Kody with his glare-stare, Christine full on "OH MY GOODNESS" caring face.  Janelle semi attentive and later in the talking head only worried about Meri's attendance at Thanksgiving. And then Robyn's complete disconnected fascination of her soup as she just kept shoveling it in. 

It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who watches one person at a time and then another, in sequence.  I find the micro-expressions, where they put on a careful face 99% of the time but it slips occasionally and you see what they really feel.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who watches one person at a time and then another, in sequence.  I find the micro-expressions, where they put on a careful face 99% of the time but it slips occasionally and you see what they really feel.

Another interesting study of reactions would be the scene on the Plains of Plague when Christine expressed her desire to return to Utah. 

Kody sat there with a smug "I (should have) told you so" expression. 

Janelle roused herself from her normal sloth-like trance to register anger to show support for her commander-in-chief.

I missed Robyn's expression but it was probably something with eyes cast downward, to avoid any possible involvement.

The most telling one of all for me was Meri's head swiveling 4 or 5 times to ensure that she had the attention of whoever was manning the camera and would be sure to capture her dramatic pep talk to Christine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure that "he" ever stated his age but judging by the photos he presented as himself, I would place him in the late 30s - early 40s range.  Just another feather in Meri's cap, not only was he a self-made multi millionaire, vegan, handsome, athletically fit, compassionate, intelligent, world traveler with multiple homes around the globe, including a subdivision house right around the corner from the cul-de-sac in LV, Meri also gained status as a Cougar.

Her delusions ran deep.

This is what was so laughable about the whole thing: Handsome, intelligent, cultured, well-dressed fit vegan is interested in ugly, brash, loud, lu-la-wearing, fat Meri? 

Yeah. Uh-huh. Besides the fact the Meri was warned about “Sam”, her second clue shoulda been—not much in common here. She still went for it hook, line and sinker 🐟 🐠 🐡🎣

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

This is what was so laughable about the whole thing: Handsome, intelligent, cultured, well-dressed fit vegan is interested in ugly, brash, loud, lu-la-wearing, fat Meri? 

Yeah. Uh-huh. Besides the fact the Meri was warned about “Sam”, her second clue shoulda been—not much in common here. She still went for it hook, line and sinker 🐟 🐠 🐡🎣

There's nothing wrong with the girl's ego.  It got bruised a bit when she was knocked from her throne, but she has come back like the STRONG woman she is.  Judging by her Friday night chats with BFF Jenn, she is trying to add comedienne to her list of accomplishments.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

There's nothing wrong with the girl's ego.  It got bruised a bit when she was knocked from her throne, but she has come back like the STRONG woman she is.  Judging by her Friday night chats with BFF Jenn, she is trying to add comedienne to her list of accomplishments.

She has an ego of steel!

If that whole thing happened to me, I would STILL be under the rock I crawled to, shuddering with humiliation, after changing my name and likeness. But not Meri! She went on to televise/SM even more embarrassing things. 

• Love 15

I wish one of Meri's former "people" would post here and diss her from top to bottom.  An undoctored photo, the reason they aren't her sycophant any more, etc.  There's got to be a few former fangirls willing to tell it like SHE (Meri) is!

"My people" doesn't include any family member, I'm sure.  Bleh.

• Love 14
(edited)

Ugggh! Covid isn't a 'super polarizing discussion' it's a public health issue, one that is far from being under control! (In a nearby county to mine, they've just doubled hospitalizations since the 1st, 99.5% of those unvaxed, the latest deaths also) Just #becauseyoucan doesn't mean you should, Meri!

Out of touch except virtual relationships? Well, heh, she should be an old hand at those by now.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Tried to make more sense
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Out of touch except virtual relationships? Well, heh, she should be an old hand at those by now.

I see what you did there.

She looks like a kewpie doll in that photo.

• LOL 11
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wish one of Meri's former "people" would post here and diss her from top to bottom.  An undoctored photo, the reason they aren't her sycophant any more, etc.  There's got to be a few former fangirls willing to tell it like SHE (Meri) is!

I wish they would (especially a LLR person). Is it one of those things where they tolerate her because she’s fairly high up in that world and then eye-roll when she walks away?

Meri Brown isn’t genuinely nice and she’s narcissistic—I’d love to know what people think of her at these events. Does she craft herself there like she tries to do with her online persona? 

And what does she do about her real face?!? 😂

• Love 13
20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Meri is full of s”””. How can she even post these pictures/statements. She is delusional. I cannot believe she has fans.

I’ve been wondering that for years, yet the delusions continue. Remember, this woman was told she was likely dealing with a catfish, yet she chose to pursue the relationship (and then take no blame). 

I think when people like Meri *do* have fans, they feed her with bullshit (for their own egos, perhaps the star will “like” my comment!). They get used to (and believe) the good comments. Anyone else’s opinion doesn’t matter and can be “blocked”. She probably starts believing it after a while and we know she’s susceptible to it. 

it’s also Meri’s drama that has been carrying the show and I think she knows it. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I’ve been wondering that for years, yet the delusions continue. Remember, this woman was told she was likely dealing with a catfish, yet she chose to pursue the relationship (and then take no blame). 

I think when people like Meri *do* have fans, they feed her with bullshit (for their own egos, perhaps the star will “like” my comment!). They get used to (and believe) the good comments. Anyone else’s opinion doesn’t matter and can be “blocked”. She probably starts believing it after a while and we know she’s susceptible to it. 

it’s also Meri’s drama that has been carrying the show and I think she knows it. 

Your comment has caused me to think about how devastating that week must have been for Meri.  The week that her delusions all came tumbling down and the realization hit her that not only Sam wasn't real, but that she was about to be publicly exposed for the deceptions she had been engaged in.  There were to be no private jets or mansions with a younger, handsome multi-millionaire that was eager to sweep her away, only humiliation that the exposure would bring.

Meri didn't even have the benefit of one solid friend or family member to embrace her and stand with her through this critical time, and that's her own fault.  Where were her BFFs (Best Friends Forgotten), like Steele from Van Lady Love, Eliza Furr, and Blair Michaels  to name just a few that Meri has claimed to be her soul brothers and sisters when it suited her purpose to have them in her life, only to be discarded along the way.  Wait and see, one mis-step by Jenn and she will join their ranks.

One child, and she hadn't built a strong enough bond with her to receive blind loyalty and support.  Three sister wives, who interacted with her daily and should have known her as well as blood family and understood her motivation.

What does this say about Meri?  The Cheese Stands Alone because she never saw beyond her own selfish needs and desires.  

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Your comment has caused me to think about how devastating that week must have been for Meri.  The week that her delusions all came tumbling down and the realization hit her that not only Sam wasn't real, but that she was about to be publicly exposed for the deceptions she had been engaged in.  There were to be no private jets or mansions with a younger, handsome multi-millionaire that was eager to sweep her away, only humiliation that the exposure would bring.

Meri didn't even have the benefit of one solid friend or family member to embrace her and stand with her through this critical time, and that's her own fault.  Where were her BFFs (Best Friends Forgotten), like Steele from Van Lady Love, Eliza Furr, and Blair Michaels  to name just a few that Meri has claimed to be her soul brothers and sisters when it suited her purpose to have them in her life, only to be discarded along the way.  Wait and see, one mis-step by Jenn and she will join their ranks.

One child, and she hadn't built a strong enough bond with her to receive blind loyalty and support.  Three sister wives, who interacted with her daily and should have known her as well as blood family and understood her motivation.

What does this say about Meri?  The Cheese Stands Alone because she never saw beyond her own selfish needs and desires.  

ALL of this. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Your comment has caused me to think about how devastating that week must have been for Meri. 

Yes and at this point I really felt sorry for her.  She lost her husband ( don't believe for a minute that the divorce was her idea).  Kody even admitted to Mariah that the situation was partly his fault, that he could have been there more for her.  

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes and at this point I really felt sorry for her.  She lost her husband ( don't believe for a minute that the divorce was her idea).  Kody even admitted to Mariah that the situation was partly his fault, that he could have been there more for her.  

I completely agree that the divorce was not her idea but it was an inevitable outcome one way or another.  I believe that Kody offered the face-saving option to Meri saying that it was her idea.  The divorce would have taken longer without Meri's co-operation but no one can be forced to remain in a marriage they no longer want.

I could muster sympathy for Meri being toppled from her position had she governed herself with more compassion to Janelle and Christine.  The privilege of first wife also comes with responsibilities of mentoring subsequent wives.  Neither Kody nor Janelle had any prior experience in the polygamous life and Meri treated Janelle like an intruder in her marriage and Christine with utter disdain.  This I think is what Kody was alluding to when he claimed that Meri had married him under false pretenses. 

Robyn observed this c**** in the armor of the marriage and made her move, convincing Kody that her main objective was to create harmony within the ranks.  He fell for it and the rest is history.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
36 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I completely agree that the divorce was not her idea but it was an inevitable outcome one way or another.  I believe that Kody offered the face-saving option to Meri saying that it was her idea.  The divorce would have taken longer without Meri's co-operation but no one can be forced to remain in a marriage they no longer want.

I could muster sympathy for Meri being toppled from her position had she governed herself with more compassion to Janelle and Christine.  The privilege of first wife also comes with responsibilities of mentoring subsequent wives.  Neither Kody nor Janelle had any prior experience in the polygamous life and Meri treated Janelle like an intruder in her marriage and Christine with utter disdain.  This I think is what Kody was alluding to when he claimed that Meri had married him under false pretenses. 

Robyn observed this c**** in the armor of the marriage and made her move, convincing Kody that her main objective was to create harmony within the ranks.  He fell for it and the rest is history.

You summed it up much better than I ever could.  Also the fact that Kody never put his foot down with Meri's behavior to the other wives.  But also noticed on some of the other shows, the husband often leaves the wives to fend for themselves regarding treatment and hurt feelings by the other wives.  If the husband is considered the head of the house, he needs to make sure his wives are at least treating each other with respect.  Even if he has to lay out rules that all the wives need to go by.  Several have pretty much said, they didn't have time to referee their wives arguments and perceived slights.Well if that is the case maybe you are not cut out to be in a plural family.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

You summed it up much better than I ever could.  Also the fact that Kody never put his foot down with Meri's behavior to the other wives.  But also noticed on some of the other shows, the husband often leaves the wives to fend for themselves regarding treatment and hurt feelings by the other wives.  If the husband is considered the head of the house, he needs to make sure his wives are at least treating each other with respect.  Even if he has to lay out rules that all the wives need to go by.  Several have pretty much said, they didn't have time to referee their wives arguments and perceived slights.Well if that is the case maybe you are not cut out to be in a plural family.

And you in turn, dear Pickle summed up the duties and responsibilities of the supposed head of the household in these arrangements.  

I don't think any one of them, with the exception of Janelle is cut out for polygamy, and with her, I wonder if it's just an opportunity to leave the rearing of children and the pleasures of the marital bed to others.  Strange faith.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I don't know if you watched "Seeking Sister Wife" in the first season, but that buffoon Drew Briney was a real piece of work.  It was obvious he enjoyed watching #2 and #3 fight with #1.  #1 finally left (after 8 kids with that toad.)  They (the Brineys) were on a SW episode, so they knew each other.  I don't think Kootie rilly cares anymore (if he ever did) if his wives fight among themselves, except 'don't dare be mean to Robo.'  Maybe Kootie thinks it will keep them busy, and they'll leave him alone.  I hate the fact that Kootie never stopped Meri's abusive behavior to Janelle and Christine.  It's a little late for him to realize that Meri was in fact abusive to them.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I didn't watch, but those commenters certainly kiss her butt!  What fools.

Right!?!??   They are telling her she is inspiring.   And they all want to be her BFF. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Made it 1 minute in.  I just don't understand the reason for this stupidity...

I can't believe the fan base.  Reading the comments, two mentioned that they live in a time zone (Europe I guess) that requires them to get up at 3 and 4 AM to tune into this nonsense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I never make it past 1 minute.  After all these years why can't she find a seat and set up the phone so she is ready to go at the appointed time rather than making hundreds of people watch her go through the same old AV difficulties? The "glare" was due to having the sun behind you, idiot! She never finishes a sentence before she distractedly goes "wait, what?" and starts another disconnected thought.  Are her hordes of followers really that excited by her clothing and the random glimpses of palm trees?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I never make it past 1 minute.  After all these years why can't she find a seat and set up the phone so she is ready to go at the appointed time rather than making hundreds of people watch her go through the same old AV difficulties? The "glare" was due to having the sun behind you, idiot! She never finishes a sentence before she distractedly goes "wait, what?" and starts another disconnected thought.  Are her hordes of followers really that excited by her clothing and the random glimpses of palm trees?

I randomly clicked through the chat to see if there may be any tidbits of information. 

Get your journals out and flag the page...Meri Brown is incapable of crossing her eyes, but can puff out her cheeks like a blowfish!!!  She also likes cheesecake.  Yep, you heard it here first folks.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Made it 1 minute in.  I just don't understand the reason for this stupidity...

Same. I saw Jenn give an exasperated sigh at Meri’s fussiness (which I loved) and quit watching shortly after. 

• Love 8