Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 6/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, Cetacean said:

Dear Meri, 

If you think you are fooling us, you are sadly mistaken.

The BS Detectors

a.jpg

YES! Meri Brown needs to see this. This is exactly what she does. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

YES! Meri Brown needs to see this. This is exactly what she does. 

The case of the disappearing jowls and appearance of smoothly textured skin.  Could this be what Meri means when she states that "a Strong Woman meets a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink" ?  The joke is on you Meri, you are not fooling anyone.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I wonder how big the audience is for her FWF's videos.  And, what percentage are snarkers?  

I tried one and only listened to the first couple of minutes.  I just find them strange and the whole idea weird, coming from bitchy old Mare.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder how big the audience is for her FWF's videos.  And, what percentage are snarkers?  

I tried one and only listened to the first couple of minutes.  I just find them strange and the whole idea weird, coming from bitchy old Mare.

It's the Friday Night Giggle Fest aimed at lonely souls who actually look forward to this according to the comments.  Meri as usual, cannot get to the point.  She starts a comment "So...." and "Aaaanywaay..." clapping her hands as if she is about to make a pronouncement, then trails off into more nothingness.

I wonder how Jenn's kids are enjoying their summer.  They could sit in the front parlor on Meri's prim little chairs admiring the doilies, but no Rice Krispie treats in that room.  Crumbs you know.  They may meander across the street and poke through the Parowan Prophet's junk heap, or if they are feeling adventurous, they may venture out in search of the Parowan Prophet's underground bunkers, equipped with a full arsenal of doomsday preparations.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The dogs don’t deserve this 😩Dogs are too respectable 🐶❤️🐾 to have those faces.

I wonder how much business Meri’s B&B and how much of the times it is spent there by random family members.  Also, did Meri’s mom help her financially withe the purchase of the B&B meaning did she own any part of it or Meri purchased it by herself? 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

The dogs don’t deserve this 😩Dogs are too respectable 🐶❤️🐾 to have those faces.

I wonder how much business Meri’s B&B and how much of the times it is spent there by random family members.  Also, did Meri’s mom help her financially withe the purchase of the B&B meaning did she own any part of it or Meri purchased it by herself? 

With Jenn and her kids resident here for at least the summer, I don't see that there would be many rooms to rent out.  Jenn would probably occupy Bonnie's old room and maybe Jenn's kids bunk in together in another, but Meri travels there every Friday for the giggle fest, and given that it's a 5 hour drive from Flagstaff, I'm sure she stays over at least Friday night.  That leaves 2 rooms to rent out in their prime season.

I have always thought that Bonnie supplied part of the down payment for the BnB, she sold her own home right around the same time as Meri was negotiating the BnB.  Then suddenly, Christine's mom Annie was out as hostess and Bonnie was in.  This was after it was suggested at a family meeting that Bonnie was much to shy and retiring to want to take on the role.  As it turned out, from all accounts, Bonnie was great as the hostess, but that may have been because she had a vested interest in the property.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

With Jenn and her kids resident here for at least the summer, I don't see that there would be many rooms to rent out.  Jenn would probably occupy Bonnie's old room and maybe Jenn's kids bunk in together in another, but Meri travels there every Friday for the giggle fest, and given that it's a 5 hour drive from Flagstaff, I'm sure she stays over at least Friday night.  That leaves 2 rooms to rent out in their prime season.

I have always thought that Bonnie supplied part of the down payment for the BnB, she sold her own home right around the same time as Meri was negotiating the BnB.  Then suddenly, Christine's mom Annie was out as hostess and Bonnie was in.  This was after it was suggested at a family meeting that Bonnie was much to shy and retiring to want to take on the role.  As it turned out, from all accounts, Bonnie was great as the hostess, but that may have been because she had a vested interest in the property.

I just wondered if Bonnie owned any part of it, how that worked with her passing and any inheritances.  I’m not sure who Jenn is, is she who took over for Bonnie? FWIW I only heard good things about Bonne as the hostess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

I just wondered if Bonnie owned any part of it, how that worked with her passing and any inheritances.  I’m not sure who Jenn is, is she who took over for Bonnie? FWIW I only heard good things about Bonne as the hostess.

Jenn is Meri's newest "BFF", she recently sold her home and has taken on the role of hostess, providing her and her kids with a place to stay while she looks for another home.  Jenn's husband seems to travel for his job and between fits of laughter she said that she wanted to stay at the inn because her husband never travels to Utah???  Makes little sense to me.

I too heard that Bonnie was great as the hostess and IF she did invest in the BnB, she may at that time have portioned out the proceeds from the sale of her home divided equally amongst all of her remaining children.  I think one of Meri's sisters died a few years ago and I'm not sure how many of Meri's full siblings there are.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Jenn is Meri's newest "BFF", she recently sold her home and has taken on the role of hostess, providing her and her kids with a place to stay while she looks for another home.  Jenn's husband seems to travel for his job and between fits of laughter she said that she wanted to stay at the inn because her husband never travels to Utah???  Makes little sense to me.

I too heard that Bonnie was great as the hostess and IF she did invest in the BnB, she may at that time have portioned out the proceeds from the sale of her home divided equally amongst all of her remaining children.  I think one of Meri's sisters died a few years ago and I'm not sure how many of Meri's full siblings there are.

I can’t keep up with Meri’s BFFs.  Not sure if  Jenn is maybe that woman from the IG Friday’s?? I don’t watch that.  I already subject myself to Amy Roloff’s cooking videos....it’s all I can handle 😂 Thanks for the rundown.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

So how many bedrooms are available at the B&B?  If Jenn is in one, and Jenn's kids maybe in another one or two, and with Meri there on Fridays to get hammered and do Friday Friend Frolic - with weekends being the "busy" time to get a room at a B&B, exactly how is this place making any money?  I doubt she can pay the bills with her rice krispie treats unless she's charging $75 per square.  If Jenn is now the hostess, she must be awfully bored.

I don't understand anything about this arrangement.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

...exactly how is this place making any money?

Pretty much the mystery of the Brown Financial Plan. 

They may be all bunking in one room - the Granny room has no dates available to reserve on the website.  The others have scattered dates.  I'm not sure I would want to rent one of those knowing kids are running around but then I'd never rent there anyway.  Not my kind of decor, not my kind of vacation destination.  And certainly not my kind of "hostess".

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

According to Bonnie's obit, she has 5 surviving children. Nothing about estate distribution. (sorry)

• Useful 4
(edited)
47 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So how many bedrooms are available at the B&B?  If Jenn is in one, and Jenn's kids maybe in another one or two, and with Meri there on Fridays to get hammered and do Friday Friend Frolic - with weekends being the "busy" time to get a room at a B&B, exactly how is this place making any money?  I doubt she can pay the bills with her rice krispie treats unless she's charging $75 per square.  If Jenn is now the hostess, she must be awfully bored.

I don't understand anything about this arrangement.

I always suspected Meri got the B&B for herself and only uses the “business” as a cover story. Sell a couple rooms now and then, have a place to crash when the show is cancelled. She’s done a better job of long-game planning than any of them. I mean, Janelle is in a trailer (not that there’s anything wrong with that but, Meri definitely planned better). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I always suspected Meri got the B&B for herself and only uses the “business” as a cover story. Sell a couple rooms now and then, have a place to crash when the show is cancelled. She’s done a better job of long-game planning than any of them. I mean, Janelle is in a trailer (not that there’s anything wrong with that but, Meri definitely planned better). 

I agree, I always thought Meri just wanted the house back in the family and used the B&B business to get the others to sign off on it and eventually if the gravy train ran out she’d have someplace to plop herself and her filters.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

If Meri did think about her future when the show is canceled then good for her.
The other wives seemingly never think about how they are going to survive without the show . When the show goes so does much of their ability to sell things to dubious fans who will be on to other people. 
They can’t afford the life they have now so who knows how dreadful life will be when all their income streams have dried up.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

It would seem more likely if she weren’t renting the huge house she’s in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

The other wives seemingly never think about how they are going to survive without the show . When the show goes so does much of their ability to sell things to dubious fans who will be on to other people. 
They can’t afford the life they have now so who knows how dreadful life will be when all their income streams have dried up.

The BnB will fall into the same category as the LLR sales once the show is gone.  The inn offers nothing that would attract travelers to the area other than Meri's "cachet".  There are far superior accommodations in the area closer to local attractions in a comparable price range.  Three years after the show ends, it will be Meri who? owns this, and I don't see her settin' on a rocking chair of the old family homestead scanning the horizon for the arrival of Prince Charming to sweep her away to the life she feels she deserves.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I suspect Meri uses the BnB & LuLaRot to make minimal income and maximize her tax deductions. She probably claims all gasoline, cellphone, Internet receipts as "business" since she "must" drive 5+ hrs each way once a week to do her Lives and visit her LLNo downlines.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Three years after the show ends, it will be Meri who? owns this, 

I'm not sure about this. Reality fans can be like super possessive and loyal about "brushes with fame." I have a friend who was a side "character" on a moderately successful reality show that's been off the air since like 2014, and people still lose their crap over him when we go places. It's the weirdest thing. 

• Useful 9
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Jenn's husband seems to travel for his job and between fits of laughter she said that she wanted to stay at the inn because her husband never travels to Utah???  Makes little sense to me.

She said she left Oregon because it was not on her husband's itinerary, which is S/SW. They want to be able to spend more time together.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Brave people don't filter themselves to death or have imaginary boyfriends named Randy whose shirts & shorts they wear.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2021 at 4:56 AM, ginger90 said:

Another Friday with friends video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2UuP6guEA/

The thing that I can’t stand about her Friday videos with her friend is all the fake BS

they typically start off with Meri and her bestie laughing hysterically at some inside joke that they never reveal and then they talk in circles and never say anything interesting.. cue more hysterical laughter throughout with no apparent reason for the laughter and it’s time to say goodbye.

I watched a couple of them and they both made me feel like I wanted to stab something… they aren’t witty, they aren’t intelligent, they never have any real tea to spill….they’re just stupid and annoying.

i hate how she always alludes to something stressful or difficult going on her life but she never reveals what it is… just that’s she’s a strong woman hear her roar!  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0821FB15-710C-4C7C-A454-E2558483CD42.jpeg

4548A733-CFA6-4C26-A0BC-DE312905FB04.jpeg

057333CE-D835-45FE-95FD-52804BA8F897.jpeg

REALLY?!?

SO many times we’ve watched Meri start crying and put up her “walls” when she doesn’t get the response she wants. We’ve watched her deflect accountability and play victim. It’s always “poor me” with her. 

Meri just admitted she’s only “brave” when she’s got her army of sycophants behind her. Also? Strong, brave and courageous people don’t need to keep telling everyone how strong, brave and courageous they are. 

Stupid pose with even stupider clothes. Get Meri some shoulder pads and a helmet and send her onto the football field. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

She has fully manipulated her own image to a new level of absurdity - since she's going for the full body + face.  Her right arm is significantly smaller and more deformed than her left arm, and her left leg is thinner than her right leg.  She also photoshopped out her cankles.

Her midsection lumpiness just accentuates how flimsy the shirt must be and how she photoshopped her torso to flatten it.  Just as authentic is the garage background to match the Lizzy Heritage Inn hashtag.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That face will kill any boner Kody would grudgingly produce for her 

And it’s not even her real face 

off to the prayer closet

It's like she's doing her best Zoolander. Blue Steel. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The thing that I can’t stand about her Friday videos with her friend is all the fake BS

they typically start off with Meri and her bestie laughing hysterically at some inside joke that they never reveal and then they talk in circles and never say anything interesting.. cue more hysterical laughter throughout with no apparent reason for the laughter and it’s time to say goodbye.

I watched a couple of them and they both made me feel like I wanted to stab something… they aren’t witty, they aren’t intelligent, they never have any real tea to spill….they’re just stupid and annoying.

i hate how she always alludes to something stressful or difficult going on her life but she never reveals what it is… just that’s she’s a strong woman hear her roar!  🙄

And yet, Meri's brigade laps it up like a cat with cream.  They really think they are "in on the fun", 

Over on FB, she has her stalwart defenders who think it would be a great idea for Meri to have a spinoff showing her new adventures at the Inn.  They are clamoring for her recipes and want to meet the interesting guests she entertains there.  Who knows, she may become the next Martha Stewart...how to starch and iron a doily to perfection...how to remove pee stains from a ghost chair...how to be persuasive enough to convince people to pay $10. a pop for rice crispie squares.  

The possibilities are endless, she could share with her fans How Meri Gets Her Groove Back, maybe something like Sex and the City on a smaller scale, the dating prospects in Parowan would be somewhat limited, but she's a brave, strong, woman on a mission.

• LOL 21
(edited)
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

they typically start off with Meri and her bestie laughing hysterically at some inside joke that they never reveal and then they talk in circles and never say anything interesting.. cue more hysterical laughter throughout with no apparent reason for the laughter and it’s time to say goodbye.I

8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

And yet, Meri's brigade laps it up like a cat with cream.  They really think they are "in on the fun", 

It's such classic middle-school behavior from these two, and I've only managed about 30 seconds of one of her "Fun Fab Friday Friend" videos before I noped out.  It's like you said above - talk, giggle, giggle, inside joke, try to talk but can't because giggles, another inside joke, blah blah blah.  I have to imagine the people that watch these are lonely and feel that because they watch they are a part of the high-jinks and shenanigans.  But it's really just for Meri.  She posts because she needs her stupid ex-husband and her lowly sister-wives to see just how much zany fun she's having without them.  The irony, of course, is that I doubt any of them even follow her or if they do, they certainly aren't going to sit through an hour of Meri adjusting her phone and pretending she doesn't know exactly how to set it up, filter herself into "plastic mannequin" mode and record.  Plus I think she's pretending to be drunk or something to add to the frivolity.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10