Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, Sweetpea4Utoo said:

Screenshot_20210519-032415_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-032206_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-032518_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, there’s our big fat faker Meri. Not quite the skinny-minny she wants us to see. See, Mer, that’s the problem with editing your photos. The real you eventually comes out and it’s got to be humiliating. 

Well, maybe not. As we’ve discussed, Meri likely believes her delusions. She’s a victim. She’s strong. And by god she’s THIN 😂.  That roly-poly in the photo can’t POSSIBLY be what she really looks like! 🙄

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto incorrect
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Meri should at least wear shape wear under that clingy LuLaRag dress.  She's like that woman in Steel Magnolias that 'didn't have the decency to wear a girdle under that pricey dress.'  

Like Dolly Parton said, "I haven't left the house without Lycra on these thighs since I was fourteen."  Take a lesson, Meri, you delusional fool.

It's like that green Non-Commitment Ceremony dress she wore that was 3 sizes too tight, and looked ridiculous.  And she wasn't as heavy then.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yes, there’s our big fat faker Meri. Not quite the skinny-minny she wants us to see. See, Mer, that’s the problem with editing your photos. The real you eventually comes out and it’s got to be humiliating. 

Well, maybe not. As we’ve discussed, Meri likely believes her delusions. She’s a victim. She’s strong. And by god she’s THIN 😂.  That roly-poly in the photo can’t POSSIBLY be what she really looks like! 🙄

Meri doesn't look a lot different from many middle-aged women that don't get enough physical exercise and who tend to eat their feelings.  It's time for her to admit to herself that she is no longer a size 12 and stopped trying to squish her size 18 frame into those garments.  Adjusting her social media photos to the mental image she has of herself isn't fooling anyone.  It may be appropriate for her to stop dressing herself from the LLRags inventory and spend some time with a fashion consultant who could advise her on styles and sizes that would suit her ample frame.  At the very least, she could invest in full body Spanx because clothing, like marriage, is built on a strong foundation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri doesn't look a lot different from many middle-aged women that don't get enough physical exercise and who tend to eat their feelings.  It's time for her to admit to herself that she is no longer a size 12 and stopped trying to squish her size 18 frame into those garments.  Adjusting her social media photos to the mental image she has of herself isn't fooling anyone.  It may be appropriate for her to stop dressing herself from the LLRags inventory and spend some time with a fashion consultant who could advise her on styles and sizes that would suit her ample frame.  At the very least, she could invest in full body Spanx because clothing, like marriage, is built on a strong foundation.

It’s probably difficult for her to admit she’s no longer a 12, but coming to that realization is the first step towards better health. As we age, many of us can’t eat like we used to. Some of us have to work twice as hard and eat half as much. I realize it’s a problem for many women, but Meri makes it so hard to feel sorry for her. 

I snark on Meri because she’s a bully living in a delusional world she made up for herself. If she were nice, I’d probably have empathy for her, but deep down I don’t think she’s nice. She’s a mean, blame-deflecting she-devil painting herself as an emotionally beaten down “victim”.

Bullshit. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It’s probably difficult for her to admit she’s no longer a 12, but coming to that realization is the first step towards better health. As we age, many of us can’t eat like we used to. Some of us have to work twice as hard and eat half as much. I realize it’s a problem for many women, but Meri makes it so hard to feel sorry for her. 

I snark on Meri because she’s a bully living in a delusional world she made up for herself. If she were nice, I’d probably have empathy for her, but deep down I don’t think she’s nice. She’s a mean, blame-deflecting she-devil painting herself as an emotionally beaten down “victim”.

Bullshit. 

Yesss to the first part. I'm living it, and definitely not winning lol.

Once in a while, I start to feel a bit sorry for Meri, then she says or does something mean or passive-aggressive, or twists things in order to deflect and be the victim, and then all my sorry flies out the window. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Personally I don’t mind if she minimizes her size in photos, but that heavy eye makeup is the worst. She would be so much prettier with a natural look. 

Her face is photoshopped to death. Her real face looks nothing like that either.

10 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Kody has never looked more like the Geico Caveman than in the pic above.

He looks so ridiculous and I love it 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 10

If Meri wants to photoshop herself to death, she needs to get rid of the "realmeribrown", "lovingmylife" and "letsbehonest" descriptors.  She's deluding herself.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

If Meri wants to photoshop herself to death, she needs to get rid of the "realmeribrown", "lovingmylife" and "letsbehonest" descriptors.  She's deluding herself.

THIS! It’s worse because of those hashtags! She obviously doesn’t love herself or her life or her looks. How delusional can one be? 

She could easily go to a surgeon and say, “Make me look just like my photoshopped images.” 😂 😂🤣 

It’s laughable when she posts those pictures with those hashtags. They should instead read: 

#HowIReallyWannaAppear

#DreamFace

#GoalWeight

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

If I were Meri, I would consider a complete "do over".  She could alter her appearance, change her name to Merry Misfit, move to a major metropolis where no one recognizes her and start fresh with a whole new persona.

No one in the family really likes her, she clings to whatever small gratifications she gets from Sol and Ari now, but as they mature they will come to realize that she needed them far more than they needed her.

If she ever does get the guts to leave Kody and Krew, I don't see her spending the rest of her days in Parowan, pop. 3,000.  The prospect of finding love and romance there is slim, unless she decides to hook up with the Parowan Prophet and join his traveling sideshow.

She could hire a motherly pensioner to run the BnB...shouldn't be too expensive, the duties are light, she already hires outside helpers for cooking and cleaning and it just may be ideal for a retired person, free room and board plus a few hundred a month to supplement their income.

Once Mariah finally completes her education, she will locate to where the wind takes her, so that wont be a factor.

Go ahead Meri, as Janelle would say, I double dog dare ya.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If I were Meri, I would consider a complete "do over".  She could alter her appearance, change her name to Merry Misfit, move to a major metropolis where no one recognizes her and start fresh with a whole new persona.

No one in the family really likes her, she clings to whatever small gratifications she gets from Sol and Ari now, but as they mature they will come to realize that she needed them far more than they needed her.

If she ever does get the guts to leave Kody and Krew, I don't see her spending the rest of her days in Parowan, pop. 3,000.  The prospect of finding love and romance there is slim, unless she decides to hook up with the Parowan Prophet and join his traveling sideshow.

She could hire a motherly pensioner to run the BnB...shouldn't be too expensive, the duties are light, she already hires outside helpers for cooking and cleaning and it just may be ideal for a retired person, free room and board plus a few hundred a month to supplement their income.

Once Mariah finally completes her education, she will locate to where the wind takes her, so that wont be a factor.

Go ahead Meri, as Janelle would say, I double dog dare ya.

I love this!  Maybe then she'd fix those 2 brown teeth, too. One can only hope!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Preferably someone who knows the Parowan area well and isn't an outsider who wants to be the center of attention.  The BnB visitors should be the center of attention!

• Love 3

So I see on Zillow that Meri's old house on the cul-de-sac in Las Vegas is for sale again.  The new owners fixed it up nice, with new porcelain tile floors throughout and all an new bathroom with a large walk in shower and separate tub.  Very upgraded.  They bought it from Meri for $574,900 and are selling it for $799,000.  

• Useful 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, smarty said:

So I see on Zillow that Meri's old house on the cul-de-sac in Las Vegas is for sale again.  The new owners fixed it up nice, with new porcelain tile floors throughout and all an new bathroom with a large walk in shower and separate tub.  Very upgraded.  They bought it from Meri for $574,900 and are selling it for $799,000.  

Did they leave the dated Wetbar-of-Tears as it was and update the rest of the house?  It an the island looked out of place with the rest of the kitchen, which was grey & white.

image.png.51ca51925bae19c22824fefae021644f.png

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Did they leave the dated Wetbar-of-Tears as it was and update the rest of the house?  It an the island looked out of place with the rest of the kitchen, which was grey & white.

image.png.51ca51925bae19c22824fefae021644f.png

I noticed it said in the listing : "Kitchen island and bar top to have new quartz installed on 5/26". So I imagine it will match the white quartz that is in the kitchen side counters. (ALSO - when I saw bar top in the listing all I could think of was Kody saying in the last episode "Meri is going to wet bar the shit out of this" lol) The porcelain tile is nice but not my style. I don't remember what Meri had before but I think it was carpet in the living areas and vinyl flooring in the kitchen?

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, smarty said:

The porcelain tile is nice but not my style. I don't remember what Meri had before but I think it was carpet in the living areas and vinyl flooring in the kitchen?

I have similar tile in my bathroom and that is as much of it as I can take.  The whole main floor of faux marble is a bit much.  Yes it was all carpet & vinyl before.  When Kootie was thinking they'd make tons of money on the Vegas beige-brown houses, he was probably not looking at comps with the cheapest builder-grade options.  Two of their neighbours on the other half of the cul de sac sold when the Browns were living there (gee, I wonder why?), but they had high-end finishes, and pools!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, smarty said:

It looks like they replaced the flooring and are in process of replacing the countertops, but left the old cabinets and painted them grey.  

Yes, that does look like what they're up to.  Ginger90's photos reminded me of the not-bad tile at the entries, but with inset carpet in the living room & angled cuts near the sliding glass doors to the back yard.  So the entire floor had to be replaced if you don't like the tile or the carpet.  

Remember how enamored Meri was of that curved, stiff-looking sofa?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

Those pictures made me think about that whole wet bar thing again! I remember she rilly, rilly, wanted one. But why? They don't drink, so no use there and the big gatherings were mostly in the other houses so that wasn't a reason to have a wet bar either. 

Most of the time, it was just the two of them so they could have grabbed a drink in the kitchen which is right next to it anyways. My guess is that Meri had a wet bar because she wanted one. And what Meri wants, Meri gets. (Well, until a few years ago, she did)

• Love 7

She said she thought they'd do a lot of gathering at her place and at one point she said she saw the wet bar for pastries.  I don't know how much truth there was in that or that the wet bar came with a slightly different floor plan.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Those pictures made me think about that whole wet bar thing again! I remember she rilly, rilly, wanted one. But why? They don't drink, so no use there and the big gatherings were mostly in the other houses so that wasn't a reason to have a wet bar either. 

Most of the time, it was just the two of them so they could have grabbed a drink in the kitchen which is right next to it anyways. My guess is that Meri had a wet bar because she wanted one. And what Meri wants, Meri gets. (Well, until a few years ago, she did)

Meri justified her need for a wet bar so she would be able to display her pastries when entertaining.  Not only do I not recall her entertaining the group, I do not count Rice Krispie squares as pastries.  The only time I ever saw her utilize the wet bar was when they were preparing for the Commitment Ceremony🥳and Meri squeezed out several leaves made of frosting.

• LOL 11

Once I lwas looking at real estate in Salt Lake City, and just for kicks I looked at very high-end houses.  Many of those houses had some form of wetbar in them.  I wonder if Meri's insistence for her useless wetbar was an attempt of keeping up with the Jones', so to speak?

It was surprising to see how many of those homes had wetbars, so it must be a thing for that area.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Once I lwas looking at real estate in Salt Lake City, and just for kicks I looked at very high-end houses.  Many of those houses had some form of wetbar in them.  I wonder if Meri's insistence for her useless wetbar was an attempt of keeping up with the Jones', so to speak?

It was surprising to see how many of those homes had wetbars, so it must be a thing for that area.

That 3rd sink in the kitchen can come in handy at times.  In case you are washing silver and crystal and both regular sinks are occupied, it's a great place to dump remnants of a drink. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

That 3rd sink in the kitchen can come in handy at times.  In case you are washing silver and crystal and both regular sinks are occupied, it's a great place to dump remnants of a drink. 

True, but I see it as one more sink to wash.  And most of the time Meri lived there alone since Mariah was off at college & grad school.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Wow, I feel like a hermit.  In 40 years of owning homes I've never needed more than one sink!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

In some ways I understand Meri's dilemma with the wet bar.  Everyone has something they'd wish for in their dream house.  I've always wanted a laundry room that is it's own real room, not a pass through to the garage or a laundry pantry hidden behind bi fold doors.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, smarty said:

In some ways I understand Meri's dilemma with the wet bar.  Everyone has something they'd wish for in their dream house.  I've always wanted a laundry room that is it's own real room, not a pass through to the garage or a laundry pantry hidden behind bi fold doors.

Agreed. However,  laundry keeps coming back at astonishing speeds and amounts (at least in my house)  so a nice big separate laundry room is a lot easier to justify than a wet bar!

• Love 9
(edited)

Meri's desire for a wet bar probably stems from the horror of sharing a kitchen with Janelle & Christine.  Janelle out of laziness and young Christine raising up to 13 children with no free time probably kept the kitchen sink full of dirty dishes.  Meri probably felt passively-aggressively forced to do the dishes because she couldn't stand the sight/smell of them.  That's why I could never live with my sister sister.

Separate houses and being a witch meant Meri never had to worry about sisterwives in her kitchen again, so she doesn't really need a wet bar anymore.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4

Didn't the configuration of the wet bar mean that the builder needed to add another bedroom to Meri's house?  I distinctly remember trying to figure out why a wet bar would necessitate another bedroom but then I remembered that these are the Browns and nothing they do makes any sense, so why should the inside of their homes be any different.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Didn't the configuration of the wet bar mean that the builder needed to add another bedroom to Meri's house?  I distinctly remember trying to figure out why a wet bar would necessitate another bedroom but then I remembered that these are the Browns and nothing they do makes any sense, so why should the inside of their homes be any different.

Pre-approved building plans.  The builder had a few sets of plans already approved so the Browns had to choose from among those.  I'm not sure it was an extra bedroom, but an extra room beside the kitchen definitely came with the wet bar.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Pre-approved building plans.  The builder had a few sets of plans already approved so the Browns had to choose from among those.  I'm not sure it was an extra bedroom, but an extra room beside the kitchen definitely came with the wet bar.  

Yes I think Robyn was using that for her office in her home and Meri was using it to pack and ship stuff from Robyn's website.  I'm sure all of them had the extra room.  

• Useful 4

You can tell who had the hobby room/office by looking at their kitchens.  The ones with a door in the kitchen wall have the extra room and the ones without the door don't.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes I think Robyn was using that for her office in her home and Meri was using it to pack and ship stuff from Robyn's website.  I'm sure all of them had the extra room.  

Does this mean the wet bar issue was staged for the show? 😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, TurtlePower said:

Meri is awful at flirting and sensuality. I actually listened to her voicemails to “Sam” and they reek of neediness and, that voice. Ugh. 

I agree; however, I listened to a few of the longer ones last night and I think, as another poster said, (I think it was @ReadMeLattice) that some of this is her lifelong conditioning in being devalued on account of being female in her culture. What I also gathered from listening to them is that she was in the hands of a master manipulator, who really was emotionally abusive to someone extremely vulnerable. It sounds like the catfish hooked her and then threw her back (was unavailable, accusatory and rejecting), hooked her again and threw her back, over and over. She'd already been subjected to years of Kody being unavailable etc so this pattern of behavior probably felt somewhat familiar to her. Which made it worse. I really feel sorry for her, listening to these recordings. She is just so desperate for attention from her love object and it's clear to an outsider what was going on. She seems to have no idea that being in love is something that makes people happy.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I agree; however, I listened to a few of the longer ones last night and I think, as another poster said, (I think it was @ReadMeLattice) that some of this is her lifelong conditioning in being devalued on account of being female in her culture. What I also gathered from listening to them is that she was in the hands of a master manipulator, who really was emotionally abusive to someone extremely vulnerable. It sounds like the catfish hooked her and then threw her back (was unavailable, accusatory and rejecting), hooked her again and threw her back, over and over. She'd already been subjected to years of Kody being unavailable etc so this pattern of behavior probably felt somewhat familiar to her. Which made it worse. I really feel sorry for her, listening to these recordings. She is just so desperate for attention from her love object and it's clear to an outsider what was going on. She seems to have no idea that being in love is something that makes people happy.

Don’t feel too sorry for her. Meri had been previously warned that “Sam” likely wasn’t who  they said they were. 

I agree she kept getting reeled in and thrown back out but I just can’t feel sorry for her, mainly (as mentioned), she was warned. Second, Meri spun the whole thing to make her appear fully like a victim. She wasn’t a complete victim. 

I remember the episode where she brought in a woman who got catfished by the same person so Mariah would understand better, but Meri forgot Mariah was there for the whole thing. Even Mariah said her mother had forgotten she was there and that Meri was NOT a victim. Mariah was pissed her mother accepted no blame. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Don’t feel too sorry for her. Meri had been previously warned that “Sam” likely wasn’t who  they said they were. 

I agree she kept getting reeled in and thrown back out but I just can’t feel sorry for her, mainly (as mentioned), she was warned. Second, Meri spun the whole thing to make her appear fully like a victim. She wasn’t a complete victim. 

I remember the episode where she brought in a woman who got catfished by the same person so Mariah would understand better, but Meri forgot Mariah was there for the whole thing. Even Mariah said her mother had forgotten she was there and that Meri was NOT a victim. Mariah was pissed her mother accepted no blame. 

I too find it difficult to feel sympathy for Meri.  I think we have to look at the cause of her seeking affirmations outside the marriage.  As I see it, she was usurped from the position of power and control that she had relished as first and legal wife and eagerly pursued a life she envisioned as superior.  Instead of spending some time in self-reflection to question where she had gone off course and losing her status, she convinced herself that she was not appreciated for the wonderful person she believed she was.

It's not as if Meri was totally naive and cloistered from the ways of the world, as say Christine may have been, she had been employed by non-polygamists and her proclaimed BFF (at that time) was Eliza Furr, a Las Vegas entertainer.

Meri knew full well that what she was doing was wrong and deceitful but was ego driven to continue.

• Love 10
On 5/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, Cetacean said:

Wow, I feel like a hermit.  In 40 years of owning homes I've never needed more than one sink!

Right????   One kitchen sink.  Two bathroom sinks.  That’s about it. 

• Love 3

I would have welcomed a wet bar in the basement (there's a bar there, but no sink) when we had our kitchen gutted and remodeled a couple of years ago.  We used paper plates and washed any dishes in the laundry room deep sink.  

Those kitchens in the LV houses looked way big, to me.  Meri and her pastries!  Add me to the list of those that don't have much if any sympathy for Mean Meri.  She can dish it out, but she can't take a scintilla of criticism.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those kitchens in the LV houses looked way big, to me.  Meri and her pastries!  Add me to the list of those that don't have much if any sympathy for Mean Meri.  She can dish it out, but she can't take a scintilla of criticism.

It wasn't just the wet bar that was an issue.  I recall her stamping her clodhopper clad foot and declaring "I will NOT have sliding glass doors" when she was insisting on french doors.

Then to add insult to injury, Kody approaches Christine, who was under budget and asked her to kick in her excess to fund Meri's demands.  The only deviation from builder's basic that Christine wanted was the stone facade to give the exterior the impression of a turret. (Oh Dear! Christine and her fantasy Renaissance Faire delusions).

I have harped on this before, but a very stark contrast to me was when they first moved in and they posted tours of their new LV houses.  Christine's laundry room housed mismatched washer and dryer that appeared to have been hauled from a previous home, and kudos to her for being practical.  BUT, Christine had 6 kids at home at the time and Queen Meri with 1 kid had brand new matching front loaders on platforms.  If I had been Christine, that inequity alone would have caused me to explode. 

Meri claimed that Kody should not have asked Christine to transfer her budget excess to her, but just where did she think their finite resources (to quote Janelle) would stretch to cover her demands?

• Love 17
On 5/25/2021 at 4:47 PM, Sandy W said:

Christine had a room on the main floor she referred to as her "liberry" but that may have been the formal dining room she utilized this way.

This is bugging me - the Brown adults held a very important meeting in Christine's library that involved Meri crying - was it the meeting they had where Meri wanted the others to pony up forty grand to buy the B&B while she doodled her business plan in crayon on a sheet of construction paper?

51 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It wasn't just the wet bar that was an issue.  I recall her stamping her clodhopper clad foot and declaring "I will NOT have sliding glass doors" when she was insisting on french doors.

If I had been Christine, that inequity alone would have caused me to explode. 

THIS is what drives me crazy about these women and their lies about how great polygamy is and they have family not just the man and they all shoulda been together from Day One.

No matter what goes down between the wives, they CANNOT explode at Kody.  If a monogamous couple has an argument?  Cool - one partner throws another's pillow down the steps and invites him to sleep on the couch.  In this family, though - if Christine throws a fit at Kody for the harsh inequities, he gets to flounce off to another woman's bed.  The amount of rage and despair these women - particularly Christine - have had to swallow in order to get some paltry attention from Kody must've been absolutely horrible.  

I think I'm all riled up because I just listened to the latest ep of "Surviving Sister Wives" where the hosts do an excellent recounting of how Robyn and Kody ruined Logan's high school graduation for Janelle.  I remember watching that ep in real time and feeling uncomfortably enraged on Janelle's behalf...if my husband's mistress pretends to get lost on the way to the event, causing it to become a chaotic disaster, I'm definitely going to lose it.  But the women can't do that because Kody gets to pick and choose where he spends his time, and it's certainly not going to be with the wife that needs to have a serious sit-down with her husband to discuss his behavior and blatant favoritism. 

/rant 🤬

P.S. If you've never listened to the SSW podcast, I cannot recommend it highly enough. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This is bugging me - the Brown adults held a very important meeting in Christine's library that involved Meri crying - was it the meeting they had where Meri wanted the others to pony up forty grand to buy the B&B while she doodled her business plan in crayon on a sheet of construction paper?

The important meeting in Christine's library was Mariah's coming out announcement and oddly, Annie was perched on the stairs just outside the room, grinning from ear to ear before Mariah even started talking.  It made me wonder if for some reason, Mariah had confided in Annie before the others.

The meeting when Meri came looking for funding seemed to be at a long dining room table, maybe Janelle or Robyn's house?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6