Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

The other important meeting in Christine's library/dining room was the conversation between Meri and Christine about Meri not being called over to witness Maddie's birth in the bathtub because they didn't "feel safe" around Meri. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It wasn't just the wet bar that was an issue.  I recall her stamping her clodhopper clad foot and declaring "I will NOT have sliding glass doors" when she was insisting on french doors.

Then to add insult to injury, Kody approaches Christine, who was under budget and asked her to kick in her excess to fund Meri's demands.  The only deviation from builder's basic that Christine wanted was the stone facade to give the exterior the impression of a turret. (Oh Dear! Christine and her fantasy Renaissance Faire delusions).

I have harped on this before, but a very stark contrast to me was when they first moved in and they posted tours of their new LV houses.  Christine's laundry room housed mismatched washer and dryer that appeared to have been hauled from a previous home, and kudos to her for being practical.  BUT, Christine had 6 kids at home at the time and Queen Meri with 1 kid had brand new matching front loaders on platforms.  If I had been Christine, that inequity alone would have caused me to explode. 

Meri claimed that Kody should not have asked Christine to transfer her budget excess to her, but just where did she think their finite resources (to quote Janelle) would stretch to cover her demands?

It's actually a lot worse...I remember one particular scene when she was called out over her expensive LV rental. Her response (quote) "Am I to be punished for having only one child? I would have loved to have had more children." She kept on using this 'misfortune' for all her demands: Why should I have a small house? "Because it is only the two of us?" (She had 5 bedrooms in LV!!!) This is sheer manipulation or emotional black mail, whichever is more appropriate.

She also was vehemently opposed to budgets being allocated according to family size/needs. She demanded the same as everyone else. It doesn't take a genius to do the math for a weekly grocery shop for a family of 2 vs. a family of 7...

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, smarty said:

The other important meeting in Christine's library/dining room was the conversation between Meri and Christine about Meri not being called over to witness Maddie's birth in the bathtub because they didn't "feel safe" around Meri. 

That's the one.  I remember Christine doing her best breathy-whisper voice but at the same time, giving it straight to ol' Mere about what a miserable person she was and how she could suck the joy out of any room simply by hovering near the doorway.

(I may be embellishing just a little bit - but not much) :)

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

She also was vehemently opposed to budgets being allocated according to family size/needs. She demanded the same as everyone else. It doesn't take a genius to do the math for a weekly grocery shop for a family of 2 vs. a family of 7...

This reminds me of the time that Meri expressed astonishment over the fact that Mariah would rather eat over at Christine's house.  Meri had carefully prepared a dinner of grilled chicken and asparagus, yet Mariah chose to eat at Christine's (probably tater tots and mock tapioca pudding were on the menu).

Meri couldn't seem to understand that it wasn't the food, but the company that drew Mariah there.  Much more fun to laugh with siblings rather than listen to Meri singing Helen Reddy's song, You And Me Against The World.

• LOL 12

Maybe I’m confused but I seem to remember 2 meetings about “Axel’s birth and Meri bringing a lot of baggage with her”... I recall one of them occurring in Christine’s library/dining room but the other might have happened in another room at Christine’s house.

at one of those meetings Meri starts off by apologizing for being such a bitch to Christine when she came to meri looking for some advice about her problems with kootie

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

at one of those meetings Meri starts off by apologizing for being such a bitch to Christine when she came to meri looking for some advice about her problems with kootie

I recall that instance too.  The apology to Christine was years after the fact as I recall, and may have been motivated by Kody making direct criticism to Meri over the role she had played as first wife.  It wasn't long after that he came out and publicly declared that Meri had married him under false pretenses.  I think there is a direct link to Meri acknowledging that she may have been a bitch to Christine and Kody's pointing out that Meri hadn't lived up to the terms and conditions of their marriage.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

I recall that instance too.  The apology to Christine was years after the fact as I recall, and may have been motivated by Kody making direct criticism to Meri over the role she had played as first wife.  It wasn't long after that he came out and publicly declared that Meri had married him under false pretenses.  I think there is a direct link to Meri acknowledging that she may have been a bitch to Christine and Kody's pointing out that Meri hadn't lived up to the terms and conditions of their marriage.

Yes that’s sounds right, the meeting where Christine came to meri looking for advice happened when Meri was confined to her bed with an injured leg and probably happened years before the Axel birth and the whole cat fishing debacle which knocked Meri off her high horse and sent her plummeting back to earth.... on Kodys Shit list and no longer legal wife and queen bee.

on another note kody is always telling his ladies that if they want his affection they need to be sweet to their sister wives but that’s bullshit because for years Christine was THAT wife, she nurtured all the kids, she lived in the shittiest accommodations and bent over backwards to make her home a happy place for everyone and what did it get her?... nothing... meanwhile Robyn does nothing but cry and wipe eye boogers and she reaps all the rewards.

Christine was so stupid to settle for so little for herself and her kids.

Kody is a selfish, lying piece of shit and I wish they’d all tell him to F**K OFF! 🤬

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes that’s sounds right, the meeting where Christine came to meri looking for advice happened when Meri was confined to her bed with an injured leg and probably happened years before the Axel birth and the whole cat fishing debacle which knocked Meri off her high horse and sent her plummeting back to earth.... on Kodys Shit list and no longer legal wife and queen bee.

on another note kody is always telling his ladies that if they want his affection they need to be sweet to their sister wives but that’s bullshit because for years Christine was THAT wife, she nurtured all the kids, she lived in the shittiest accommodations and bent over backwards to make her home a happy place for everyone and what did it get her?... nothing... meanwhile Robyn does nothing but cry and wipe eye boogers and she reaps all the rewards.

Christine was so stupid to settle for so little for herself and her kids.

Kody is a selfish, lying piece of shit and I wish they’d all tell him to F**K OFF! 🤬

X 1,000 yes to all this!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is bugging me - the Brown adults held a very important meeting in Christine's library that involved Meri crying - was it the meeting they had where Meri wanted the others to pony up forty grand to buy the B&B while she doodled her business plan in crayon on a sheet of construction paper?

P.S. If you've never listened to the SSW podcast, I cannot recommend it highly enough. 

if IIRC that meeting is the one where Meri slammed the door as she left....

I'll never forget it because it made me burst out laughing at her childishness and hubby looked up from his newspaper and said "more trouble in polygamy paradise?" 😋

I mean really who goes to a meeting about borrowing a substantial amount of money for a business venture and stomps out of the room and slams the door because they didn't get an immediate "YES!" 

They're all so childish and need to grow up, no wonder their house of cards is collapsing.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

if IIRC that meeting is the one where Meri slammed the door as she left....

I'll never forget it because it made me burst out laughing at her childishness and hubby looked up from his newspaper and said "more trouble in polygamy paradise?" 😋

I mean really who goes to a meeting about borrowing a substantial amount of money for a business venture and stomps out of the room and slams the door because they didn't get an immediate "YES!" 

They're all so childish and need to grow up, no wonder their house of cards is collapsing.

No one can stomp out of a room with more energy than Meri when she's thwarted.

Her presentation to the group was almost as laughable as when they went to the investors with their ill-conceived plans for MSWC.  When asked did she have a business plan, she responded that she had one in her head, no plan as to how she would repay this loan she was seeking.  Try that with a bank.🤣

Good for her for raising the money herself, however she did it but why did she find it necessary to invite Kody to the ribbon cutting event.  Just another opportunity for him to showboat.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I keep wondering why she bothers with Kody at all.

He's come right out and called her every name in the book, accused her of misleading him so he would marry her, said he was sickened by her and that he wished they'd never married.

He's told her in no uncertain terms that sex and romance are for people who are in love and he isn't in love with her, he's never given her any reason to think that that will change but she keeps hanging around, sucking up to him and trying to flirt with him which is met with total disgust and disinterest on his part.

He makes absolutely no effort to contact her other than when it involves business or filming for the show and he can't avoid the contact.

Have some self respect and move on, Meri is built like a linebacker and she has terrible taste in clothes but she's isn't horrible looking, she has a decent income and owns a B&B so I'm sure there's a man out there who would find her attractive but she just keeps frumping along behind Kody and anxiously gobbling up any crumbs that fall in her direction even if they were meant for someone else and the wind blew them in Meri's direction. It's so pathetic and it won't win Kody back, he will NEVER get over the cat fishing and if she thinks he will she's nuttier than a fruit cake.

Their family is OVER, Kody can barely stand to record a single scene for the show where he doesn't make it obvious that he's no longer interested in the whole polygamy lifestyle and would rather be free to do his own thing, no amount of staring at mountains to hear angels sing will fix it and no amount of posting 3 or 4 stupid affirmation quotes a day will fix it.

ALL. OF. THIS.  Still chuckling at the “frumping along behind Kody” bit! 

Kody hates her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 5/26/2021 at 9:06 PM, TurtlePower said:

I remember the episode where she brought in a woman who got catfished by the same person so Mariah would understand better, but Meri forgot Mariah was there for the whole thing. Even Mariah said her mother had forgotten she was there and that Meri was NOT a victim. Mariah was pissed her mother accepted no blame. 

That is probably the only time I actually applauded Mariah. That was one of the most mature reactions she every displayed; holding your own mom accountable for her actions.

• Love 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

That is probably the only time I actually applauded Mariah. That was one of the most mature reactions she every displayed; holding your own mom accountable for her actions.

Same. 

Meri may try to make everyone forget she played a role, but of course we won’t let that happen. And that’s where my disdain for her is rooted: not that Meri did it, but rather how she handled it when it came out—the lying, the blaming, the victim game. Had she just said “I really fucked up and I’m sorry, I know it’ll take time to earn trust again” (or similar), I’d have respect for that. Meri rarely acknowledges her errors which makes the nicey-nice, I-love-myself stuff even worse.

JMO but she’s never faced the catfish situation deep down and she’s still running from it (based on her behaviour). Problem is, it’s like a ball-and-chain that’s still attached to her—she won’t be able to fully move ahead til she faces it. The longer time goes on, the harder that will be. 

Edit: I remember the episode where Kody and Meri were having a raw conversation about it and all Meri could do was ignore it and say she just wants to move forward. Then, she got mad at Kody because he wasn’t playing the way she wanted. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto incorrect, additional
  • Love 12

Meri's father died in 2007 before the show debuted, so of course he knew nothing of the catfish shenanigans, but I wonder how Meri presented the situation to her mother.  I am sure Bonnie didn't go searching the internet to hear the voicemails and see the banana bj and bathtub photos but for sure she would have heard and been aware of some of it.

Parents will innately defend and support their children but that would be a bitter pill for Bonnie.  Not only did Meri betray her marriage vows but she made a complete and utter fool of herself for nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That picture would frighten Sam (if he was real)

Can you imagine someone you never met scratching the name into their skin???

Yikessss 

Omg lolol they’re worse than I remembered!!!  Thanks for the laugh ladies 😂❤️
and yes can you imagine someone scratching your name into their skin?!?!! Yikes I’d be ghosting them real quick and hoping they never tracked me down... such a desperate psycho immature thing to do!! And it’s not like Meri was a teenager, she was in her 40’s and a mom... I actually feel sorry for Mariah when I look at those pics. 🤭😧

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I know imagine how mortified Mariah was. Realizing her mom was HORNY... LOL and 🤮🤮🤮

Parents aren’t supposed to feel horny 🤣🤣🤣

Exactly!!! Your parents never have sex!!!

I always wash delicates by hand so one day many years ago I washed a bra...it was a rainy day so I hung it in the bathroom to dry... my youngest son brought a friend home from school and his world 💣EXPLODED💥 because his friend saw my bra hanging in the shower stall.... he was so upset he nearly burst into tears... then he made me promise I would never do that again.. when hubby came home I told him and he asked “which bra?” and I said “a plain old white bra...why?”...hubby says “thank goodness!! ..who knows what he would have done if it was your sexy red one!!”  😂

Moms DON’T wear red bras!!!

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Now I have to think about something that happened a few weeks ago when we had a bbq with a good friend and her husband:

Her 9-year-old daughter quite spontaneously and confidently told us that her parents had only had sex twice. And I couldn't resist asking her why. Here's the exact quote: "Well, they wanted kids, right? And they have the two of us. So why the heck would they do it again?" That was soooo funny!! (Once my friend had recovered from that bomb shell, she vowed she'd figure out where her daughter learned those 'facts')

• LOL 15
23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Reminds me of a patient I had who got herself stuck amongst some rocks and was annoyed it took us so long to rescue her.

Also, laughing at the use of the word “stuns”. Maybe it could work due to the stunning level of awkwardness this photo projects. 

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Reminds me of a patient I had who got herself stuck amongst some rocks and was annoyed it took us so long to rescue her.

Also, laughing at the use of the word “stuns”. Maybe it could work due to the stunning level of awkwardness this photo projects. 

Snorts and dies of laughter.

Her hair is FRIED. And looking sexy is not her strong suit. Some women looks sexy effortlessly! This one does not. She is like a bull in a china shop. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Her hair is FRIED. And looking sexy is not her strong suit. Some women looks sexy effortlessly! This one does not. She is like a bull in a china shop. 

Two really hilarious photos of Meri show up in the gallery of Meri Brown catfish photos.  They are the two where she is wearing earbuds while lounging against her bed headboard.  If a picture tells a thousand stories, this is one saga I don't want to know about.

How mortifying!

• LOL 6
27 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She lacks an alluring, erotic nature. Completely lacks it. And it’s less to do with her looks and more to do with her internal personality which is basic, uncultured, manipulative and always grumpy.  

But yet, those hashtags. Sigh. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Two really hilarious photos of Meri show up in the gallery of Meri Brown catfish photos.  They are the two where she is wearing earbuds while lounging against her bed headboard.  If a picture tells a thousand stories, this is one saga I don't want to know about.

How mortifying!

Can you post them???

31 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Can you post them???

Wish I could, I am technically challenged to say the least.  If you google Meri Brown catfish photos they will come up.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Here they are: 

EB3A7F9C-FF84-4579-A2F5-C1B893C3A49A.jpeg

9BD3516C-2286-4CA0-80E9-87385DC0DC96.jpeg

Thanks TurtlePower!  Those are the ones I was referring to.  The second one seems to be Meri's interpretation of the throes of passion and the first one looks like she may have just shit the bed.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Especially Mariah's parents, with 1/3 of a marriage until Robyn arrived and only the occasional birthday or anniversary "date" after that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Here they are: 

So if the catfish was a lady (Jackie) how did she get a guy to video chat with Meri.  Call me gullible but that certainly LOOKS like a guy to me in the inset picture.  I see how Meri could have fallen for that.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, smarty said:

So if the catfish was a lady (Jackie) how did she get a guy to video chat with Meri.  Call me gullible but that certainly LOOKS like a guy to me in the inset picture.  I see how Meri could have fallen for that.  

The photo is of a male, some have speculated that it is a composite picture made up of facial features from different individuals and others claim that it is a real person and that the catfish stole the photo from the internet.  I tend to believe that it may be a composite because AFIK, the "real" person has never come forward to put a stop to his photo being used.

Meri must have really wanted to believe because the voicemails I have heard sound like a woman trying to sound like a man.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The photo is of a male, some have speculated that it is a composite picture made up of facial features from different individuals and others claim that it is a real person and that the catfish stole the photo from the internet.  I tend to believe that it may be a composite because AFIK, the "real" person has never come forward to put a stop to his photo being used.

Meri must have really wanted to believe because the voicemails I have heard sound like a woman trying to sound like a man.

But the photo shown is a screen shot, which means Meri and the man were talking live via facetime or skype.  How would you create a fake picture for a live skype phone call?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, smarty said:

But the photo shown is a screen shot, which means Meri and the man were talking live via facetime or skype.  How would you create a fake picture for a live skype phone call?

I can't explain that, possibly Jackie had an accomplice for the live chat.  The skype photo looks somewhat, but not entirely like the half face photo "Sam" has posted of himself.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Here they are: 

9BD3516C-2286-4CA0-80E9-87385DC0DC96.jpeg

The minimal, but over-long eyebrows are just as bad as her thick over-long eyebrows.  Is her face flushed from horniness?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, smarty said:

Meri was warned in the beginning that “Sam” was likely not real by Mariah. She shouldn’t have fallen for any of it. 

• Love 10