Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's like Meri thinks she has a huge audience, and it sounds like she's trying to be a comedian?  How strange of her.

If Meri wasn’t on a show, she’d have a much smaller audience and far fewer followers. She’s been known to even be rude to her potential customers. Meri has a terrible personality for it, yet she appears to be doing well (which is frustrating, given in the sales world, insensitive, fake and rude sellers typically don’t make it so far). Especially the rude bit. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

If Meri wasn’t on a show, she’d have a much smaller audience and far fewer followers. She’s been known to even be rude to her potential customers. Meri has a terrible personality for it, yet she appears to be doing well (which is frustrating, given in the sales world, insensitive, fake and rude sellers typically don’t make it so far). Especially the rude bit. 

It has mystified me too why Meri has developed such a loyal following.  The only conclusion I have come to is that some relate to her, in that they or someone close to them have experienced the same rejection that Meri has.  They have swallowed the story-line that Meri voluntarily gave up her position as legal wife for the benefit of Robyn's kids and are outraged that she hasn't been paid due respect for this sacrifice.  The legal divorce was inevitable, it may have taken longer without Meri's consent, but no one can be forced to remain in a marriage when one party wants out.  The optics were better if it was spun as Meri's idea. 

Her supporters overlook the fact that Meri has also alienated herself from her two sister wives that have been with her the longest and have experienced first hand her domineering ways.  Her fans remind me of the proud parents watching a parade and marveling..."Oh look!  Everyone's out of step but our Willie".

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It has mystified me too why Meri has developed such a loyal following.  The only conclusion I have come to is that some relate to her, in that they or someone close to them have experienced the same rejection that Meri has.  They have swallowed the story-line that Meri voluntarily gave up her position as legal wife for the benefit of Robyn's kids and are outraged that she hasn't been paid due respect for this sacrifice.  The legal divorce was inevitable, it may have taken longer without Meri's consent, but no one can be forced to remain in a marriage when one party wants out.  The optics were better if it was spun as Meri's idea. 

Her supporters overlook the fact that Meri has also alienated herself from her two sister wives that have been with her the longest and have experienced first hand her domineering ways.  Her fans remind me of the proud parents watching a parade and marveling..."Oh look!  Everyone's out of step but our Willie".

I think there are a lot of women out there who identify with Meri’s spin - she was a victim (of a catfish), but now she’s a strong, independent woman who is going to fight for her marriage. Not saying I agree with Mer’s characterization, but I can see how it would appeal to some people who are desperately looking for a role model they can relate to. Just like the people who sign up for Strive with Janelle, despite her stunning lack of success at being healthy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

If you look at the comments these women get whenever they post, it's overwhelmingly positive.  I really love the ones from Meri's fawning fans that tell her how great she looks, how she's glowing, etc.....well sure, it's called "Meri Brown's 30 Years Younger" filter.  It says something about her fans that they know she's Fakey McFakerson on social media, yet they slobber all over her anyway.  Likewise Janelle's fans who unfortunately (and dangerously) take her health advice to heart.  I think their fans somehow see these women as their actual friends.  @MargeGunderson is right, I'm sure a lot of women see themselves in Meri (unhappy marriage) and Janelle (can't lose weight).  But Meri filters herself into oblivion and then shoves down our throats how happy and fulfilled she is, while Janelle keeps trying to solve her depression with her Rockstar of the Month Club.  Sadly, they both have a platform but they are most definitely misusing it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If you look at the comments these women get whenever they post, it's overwhelmingly positive.  

Only because they delete posts or ban posters that are overwhelmingly negative.

45 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Has our 'fan favorite' 🤮 Robyn been done yet?

A boxer or some other breed with a square jawline would be good.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

They would have to be a diehard fan of Meri to spend a half hour of their life listening to that drivel and feel that they were "in" on the fun.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It looks like Kody had short hair! He looked much better than now with Ramen noodles.

F76C9F5B-38B5-40DE-92EC-37EAA1A18B73.jpeg

This is such a sad, sad picture. For so many reasons.

22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It looks like Kody had short hair! He looked much better than now with Ramen noodles.

F76C9F5B-38B5-40DE-92EC-37EAA1A18B73.jpeg

This is such a sad, sad picture. For so many reasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yeah - I didn't even think of that, lol.  Once in awhile a negative comment will sneak in but you're absolutely right.  How much time does Meri waste in a week taking multiple pictures of herself, choosing the one where she looks the most convincingly happy, filtering it so she looks like a mannequin, selecting the very best vague-motto to go with it, making sure all the requisite LuLaRoe hashtags are included, posting it, then deleting the negative comments and seeking out the mean snarky posters and blocking them?  I mean, she'd have an easier time going back to school for a Master's Degree than wasting time on all that nonsense.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yeah - I didn't even think of that, lol.  Once in awhile a negative comment will sneak in but you're absolutely right.  How much time does Meri waste in a week taking multiple pictures of herself, choosing the one where she looks the most convincingly happy, filtering it so she looks like a mannequin, selecting the very best vague-motto to go with it, making sure all the requisite LuLaRoe hashtags are included, posting it, then deleting the negative comments and seeking out the mean snarky posters and blocking them?  I mean, she'd have an easier time going back to school for a Master's Degree than wasting time on all that nonsense.

Or actually have time to commit to a diet and lifestyle change so she doesn’t have to use the skinny filters. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

When she shrinks her face like that it makes her look like some sort of voodoo doll.  Tiny head on a normal body.  Weird.

Now that you mention it......the comment from her sounds nice. It just doesn’t sound like it’s her writing style. But, I don’t read her stuff that often. Perhaps, her writing has improved over the last couple of years.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Now that you mention it......the comment from her sounds nice. It just doesn’t sound like it’s her writing style. But, I don’t read her stuff that often. Perhaps, her writing has improved over that couple of years.  

I guarantee that's a cut and copy from somewhere....

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I guarantee that's a cut and copy from somewhere....

It has the ring of familiarity that Kody said when Mariah made her coming out announcement, something like "it's my job to love, not to judge"?  But then, he probably lifted that from somewhere too.

• Love 4
(edited)

What’s funny is that doesn’t feel comfortable in her own skin. Oh fake Meri. 

I am happy that Meri loves and accepts her daughter. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Now that you mention it......the comment from her sounds nice. It just doesn’t sound like it’s her writing style. But, I don’t read her stuff that often. Perhaps, her writing has improved over the last couple of years.  

Her writing has NOT improved in the last couple of years.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In the past week I heard something very similar on the radio.  I have no writing ability at all.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Another Friday with friends video. I haven’t watched it yet, but one of the comments is that Meri is high, or drunk. 🤷🏼‍♀️

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQkUH3Gg34o/

I tried..

They might not be drunk. I was thinking..the  gummies she tried to subliminally shill with Kody some months back via a Lula live. 

Or. Massive carb overload/sugar rush. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I tried..

They might not be drunk. I was thinking..the  gummies she tried to subliminally shill with Kody some months back via a Lula live. 

Looks like another Friday night knee-slappin' high times at the BnB.  I didn't listen either, but from the comments I gather that they are going to take this fun-fest on the road.

One of the commenters shot an arrow asking what ever became of Meri's "BBF" from the LLR cruises...it sailed right over their heads.

• LOL 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Perhaps they were laced with something else now that marijuana is legal in Arizona. Known or unbeknownst to Meri.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps they were laced with something else now that marijuana is legal in Arizona. Known or unbeknownst to Meri.

Ooh, I didn't know that.  Well, get ready to move again, Browns.  I kind of got the idea that that was one of Robyn's problems with living in LV.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ooh, I didn't know that.  Well, get ready to move again, Browns.  I kind of got the idea that that was one of Robyn's problems with living in LV.  

They can run, but they can't hide.  It won't be long before it's legal in most, if not all States.

With Aurora off to college this fall, it would not surprise me if she decides to treat her "anxiety" issues herself.  Over-protecting your adolescent kids can really backfire once they are exposed to the faster paced life of a college student.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Looks like another Friday night knee-slappin' high times at the BnB.  I didn't listen either, but from the comments I gather that they are going to take this fun-fest on the road.

One of the commenters shot an arrow asking what ever became of Meri's "BBF" from the LLR cruises...it sailed right over their heads.

Jen is bffn...Best Friend For Now.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 1:23 PM, Sandy W said:

They can run, but they can't hide.  It won't be long before it's legal in most, if not all States.

With Aurora off to college this fall, it would not surprise me if she decides to treat her "anxiety" issues herself.  Over-protecting your adolescent kids can really backfire once they are exposed to the faster paced life of a college student.

Oh I hate that shit. When it’s legal, people think they can do it anywhere, including driving in their car. Same rules apply for marijuana as they do for alcohol—not in public, not while driving and no DUI. A good chunk of traffic stops were drivers smoking while driving. Dangerous and rude AF. 

Today’s mj is way stronger and very different from the kind our parents experimented with. I’ve taken people to ER who went psychotic from edibles. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Today’s mj is way stronger and very different from the kind our parents experimented with. I’ve taken people to ER who went psychotic from edibles. 

Not to mention toddlers who have eaten several of the brightly-coloured & cutely=shaped gummies. They should outlaw edibles that look & taste like candy & require adult tastebuds that like brussel sprouts & single malt scotch, neat.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 8:57 AM, TurtlePower said:

Oh I hate that shit. When it’s legal, people think they can do it anywhere, including driving in their car. Same rules apply for marijuana as they do for alcohol—not in public, not while driving and no DUI. A good chunk of traffic stops were drivers smoking while driving. Dangerous and rude AF. 

I absolutely hate this. I used to spend summers in LV, and I know from friends that the driving situation, already hellishly dangerous, has gotten worse since the legalization in 2017. I happened to be there the week after recreational weed was legalized in 2017. I went to a dispensary for the novelty of it and was impressed by the giant, multi-page menu of choices. But due to supply-chain issues (there were only a few authorized suppliers in the early days), they only had chocolate edibles. They warned me not to eat too much. So okay, I went home and ate half of one of the little chocolate cookie-type things. I basically just went to sleep so I didn't even get to enjoy the high. Afterward, I had gastro-intestinal issues for at least 5 days. So never again. I gave away the other 4 edibles to friends who really enjoyed them.

I've also thought for some time that mj could make me psychotic. I know they say that its role in psychosis is a correlation rather than a causation, but I still don't trust it, particularly now that it is sold in such strong doses. The one time I bought a pre-rolled cigarette, I asked for the lowest THC content - and even then I only took a couple of hits. That was enough! Then a friend called wanting to meet for dinner - and I couldn't go because I felt I should wait for at least 3 hours before driving.

ETA I wanted to port this over to the small talk thread but it wouldn't let me copy and paste before posting. So let me just say, having watched some of Meri's lives with her pal, I think they're just giddy and set each other off. I've had giggle fits with girlfriends when we were totally sober.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3