Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Same. I saw Jenn give an exasperated sigh at Meri’s fussiness (which I loved) and quit watching shortly after. 

Meri has great difficulty getting to the point and when she finally does, she really didn't have one.  It's an attention holding device used by those who want to hold the center of the conversation, hoping that something brilliant will pop into their head.  It rarely does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Meri has great difficulty getting to the point and when she finally does, she really didn't have one.  It's an attention holding device used by those who want to hold the center of the conversation, hoping that something brilliant will pop into their head.  It rarely does.

Yeah, doesn’t work on me. I want a headline or hypothesis, then tell me about it. Then you’ll have my attention. The other way around doesn’t work on me—if you ramble, I scramble. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 7/24/2021 at 12:23 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

You summed it up much better than I ever could.  Also the fact that Kody never put his foot down with Meri's behavior to the other wives.  But also noticed on some of the other shows, the husband often leaves the wives to fend for themselves regarding treatment and hurt feelings by the other wives.  If the husband is considered the head of the house, he needs to make sure his wives are at least treating each other with respect.  Even if he has to lay out rules that all the wives need to go by.  Several have pretty much said, they didn't have time to referee their wives arguments and perceived slights.Well if that is the case maybe you are not cut out to be in a plural family.

I can see this- but not see this.

I have often seen in big families, parents wont get into disagreements the kids have with each other unless there is something very serious (like fighting or something) because 1. there are so many kids they don't have time, 2. they don't want to give the impression of favoritism between offspring. 

So I could see a man in Kody's position saying "dont come to me with xyz wife gave me a dirty look, because I wasn't there and I cannot be sure, and if it looks like I am taking sides it creates more bad feelings". The family did seem to have rules, like "No PDA" (keeping affection and stuff behind clothes doors to not give the impression of favoritism). 

I think Meri was a bitch to Janelle, because she always assumed that she would be first in Kody's heart, and when Janelle started to have babies pretty regularly, Meri was threatened. I do think Kody should've been more proactive in the early years (like when Logan was born etc) in creating harmony in the family, but I do think Meri really didn't try. Given her attitude throughout the years about a variety of issues, I tend to believe Janelle that she was a bitch to live with because of her own insecurities. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can see this- but not see this.

I have often seen in big families, parents wont get into disagreements the kids have with each other unless there is something very serious (like fighting or something) because 1. there are so many kids they don't have time, 2. they don't want to give the impression of favoritism between offspring. 

So I could see a man in Kody's position saying "dont come to me with xyz wife gave me a dirty look, because I wasn't there and I cannot be sure, and if it looks like I am taking sides it creates more bad feelings". The family did seem to have rules, like "No PDA" (keeping affection and stuff behind clothes doors to not give the impression of favoritism). 

I think Meri was a bitch to Janelle, because she always assumed that she would be first in Kody's heart, and when Janelle started to have babies pretty regularly, Meri was threatened. I do think Kody should've been more proactive in the early years (like when Logan was born etc) in creating harmony in the family, but I do think Meri really didn't try. Given her attitude throughout the years about a variety of issues, I tend to believe Janelle that she was a bitch to live with because of her own insecurities. 

Re: PDA. That had to have come later, because in their book Janelle described evenings watching  Meri and Kody snuggling on the couch while Janelle sat in a chair across from them. 

• Love 9
On 7/26/2021 at 6:31 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

Yeah, I hate them both.

Does Meri’s friend think she’s a good singer? 😳

she needs to hook up with Christine and break some eardrums.

no wonder she’s Meri’s bestie… they both live in a dream world. …. Where does Meri find these clowns? 🤡 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some observations from the photos.  We now know where Meri gets her inspiration for the raccoon eyes, and I wonder how painful it was for Deanna to have her jaw chiseled/filed to a point like that.  Considering that Deanna encourages/harasses her minions to have WLS, I wonder what she says to Meri to DO SOMETHING about her 2 dead teeth.

Also, the folks in the background in the 4th photo must have been waiting in line to have their fires ignited and passions aroused by the "greats" because they appear to be a random group of poorly dressed people waiting in line to enter Walmart or Costco.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Picture from 4 days ago

2E97B654-2998-4AAA-ADFA-D14C1487B48A.jpeg

I hope the rally doesn't inspire Meri to wave her arms high in the air, her jacket would split from one armhole to the other.

• LOL 12
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Does Meri’s friend think she’s a good singer? 😳

she needs to hook up with Christine and break some eardrums.

no wonder she’s Meri’s bestie… they both live in a dream world. …. Where does Meri find these clowns? 🤡 

Ty! I lol'd for the 1st time today!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I hope the rally doesn't inspire Meri to wave her arms high in the air, her jacket would split from one armhole to the other.

Nothing like spending an entire day at a demented MLM pep rally wearing a skirt that's too tight to sit down in and a sausage-casing polyester blazer with another poly layer t-shirt underneath.  They're all probably doused in Dollar Store cans of knock-off Giorgio and Obsession to mask the B.O., while pounding techno music blares from every corner and photos of crazy-eyed women wearing clashing, headache-inducing patterns are projected from huge screens and everyone is scream-talking at each other.

Sorry, feeling extra snarky today.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Nothing like spending an entire day at a demented MLM pep rally wearing a skirt that's too tight to sit down in and a sausage-casing polyester blazer with another poly layer t-shirt underneath.  They're all probably doused in Dollar Store cans of knock-off Giorgio and Obsession to mask the B.O., while pounding techno music blares from every corner and photos of crazy-eyed women wearing clashing, headache-inducing patterns are projected from huge screens and everyone is scream-talking at each other.

Sorry, feeling extra snarky today.

Extra snark is always welcome when describing Meri and her too-damn-tight clothes.  If any of these women wear layers of polyester ugliness when they are menopausal, the rooms must smell to high heaven.  Techno music gives me a headache, and so does cheap perfume, so that whole scene would be hell on earth to me!  How does anyone stand that crap?  I hate any and all cults!  

@laurakaye, I think your scenario is right on the money.  P-U!  🤢

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 7/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, Sandy W said:

And leave it to Meri to make a blazer jacket look frumpy. Blazers usually help people look put together—not whatever this is. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And leave it to Meri to make a blazer jacket look frumpy. Blazers usually help people look put together—not whatever this is. 

She somewhat pulled it together, picking out colors in the skirt for the t-shirt and blazer, but how could she have not questioned her choice of sizing and fit when she was struggling to pull the poly skirt over her hips or squeezing her arms into the sausage casing sleeves.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She somewhat pulled it together, picking out colors in the skirt for the t-shirt and blazer, but how could she have not questioned her choice of sizing and fit when she was struggling to pull the poly skirt over her hips or squeezing her arms into the sausage casing sleeves.

She always wears 2 sizes smaller because she believes she is actually the size she appears to be in her IG photos…

Edited by YupItsMe
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

She always wears 2 sizes smaller because she believes she is actually the size she appears to be in her IG photos…

This. I wouldn’t snark her so hard if she didn’t filter herself to almost unrecognisable (which is a catfish behavior). If she dislikes her shape and weight so much, she could do the work and not have to worry about it. But she doesn’t— she just filters and hope it fools everyone. 

I’d also snark her less if she were more genuine. 

• Love 16

That blazer looks so uncomfortable. I know if I wear something that doesn't fit right (yeah, you heard me Ben & Jerry's Phish Food) I get cranky, so can you imagine what a delight Meri would be if she was like me.

Reminds me of when I was about 18 or 19 and squeezing into my Jordache jeans with the help of a wire hanger to get the zipper up, years later during menopause my pretty little uterus got back at me pretty good 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
On 7/27/2021 at 9:54 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

Re: PDA. That had to have come later, because in their book Janelle described evenings watching  Meri and Kody snuggling on the couch while Janelle sat in a chair across from them. 

Yes, didnt they say the rule started after Christine joined the family because of situations like that?

10 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

And too small clothes always make you look bigger and less shapely. The fittest thinnest model will have rolls if the clothes are too tight!

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

And too small clothes always make you look bigger and less shapely. The fittest thinnest model will have rolls if the clothes are too tight!

Exactly. I know plenty of overweight ladies who dress for their size and they look good! Wearing something too small just makes someone look BIGGER. 

• Love 9
On 7/31/2021 at 11:11 AM, Sandy W said:

What is with Meri's hair?  Is this a new trend... the "I just climbed out of bed" look?  It looks clumpy and matted to me and makes me want to toss her a hairbrush.

Her hair looks unhealthy and brittle. She could use a good Olaplex treatment (and she just got it cut and it STILL looks fried). 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Her hair looks unhealthy and brittle. She could use a good Olaplex treatment (and she just got it cut and it STILL looks fried). 

Wouldn't matter what her hairdresser may have suggested, nobody tells our girl Meri what to do.  It's 'edgy" to have fried hair.  Pitiful that she presents herself with fried teeth and hair just to make a statement.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Wouldn't matter what her hairdresser may have suggested, nobody tells our girl Meri what to do.  It's 'edgy" to have fried hair.  Pitiful that she presents herself with fried teeth and hair just to make a statement.

Fried teeth sounds like something Janelle would attempt to make in her "instapot"

I still can't stop laughing at what she thinks as her sexy pout picture up thread! Lord. I'd hope that if I was taking -and publicly posting!- pics like that, someone would hold an intervention for me.

• LOL 11