Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

♥️ you, Sandy!  That post is gold.

My humble thanks, XWord.  ♥️

It's been nearly 4 years since I found this site and I can't express how grateful I am every day to have connected with the commenters here.  It's a great outlet to explore the nuances of this lifestyle and dissect the actions of the Browns, it's a Master Class in the human condition.  

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Over on FB, she has her stalwart defenders who think it would be a great idea for Meri to have a spinoff showing her new adventures at the Inn.  They are clamoring for her recipes and want to meet the interesting guests she entertains there.  Who knows, she may become the next Martha Stewart...how to starch and iron a doily to perfection...how to remove pee stains from a ghost chair...how to be persuasive enough to convince people to pay $10. a pop for rice crispie squares.  

If ever I were a guest at her BnB and she wanted to show me enjoying a rice crispy treat, I'd mime pulling out a long hoomin hair and a few dog hairs for the camera.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

I could totally see Meri slamming the door on that lady or any other fan if they are not coming to stay a night or two in the dusty rooms of Lizzies, or buying the over priced crap she shills from the entry way corner. She is some crabby D Lister, now if you want to fan stalk someone, I have the sign up list below, we need to go to Hotel Villa Angela in Taormina Italy, Jim Kerr from Simple Minds owns that beauty, and I am sure he is not mixing up crispy treats in his kitchen

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Fan approaches porch with pounding heart.  Knock, Knock, Knock...

Meri through closed door...What do you want?...

Fan: We have traveled out of our way to have lunch with you and maybe a quick tour of your Heritage Inn.

Meri through closed door...HaHaHa you demented fool this is not a restaurant, go hungry, there is a diner down the street where they serve cinnamon buns.

Fan: Sorry to bother you my Queen.  I am sliding $500. under the door, please can I buy as many rice crispie treats, pot holders and aprons as this would allow?

Meri:  Stand down from the porch and I'll place your purchases out there in a bag.

Fan grabs bag and races back to car.  

Hubby: You *#$%& *&%# !!! You just blew our entire budget for our trip to Yoming as Robyn would spell.

• LOL 15

Meri wouldn’t come outside just for this reason: the fans wouldn’t recognize her without all the filters. They’d be like who is this overweight wrinkly lady? Our Meri is slender with smooth like butter, face!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 7/10/2021 at 7:42 AM, ginger90 said:

085F1145-2F7A-4A0B-98D2-621F2FF75E1D.jpeg

Meri is horrible at customer service. A more polite thing to say would have been “We would have loved to spend some time with you but treats would have been all that was on hand for lunch! 

Itsadryheat is spot on. Meri is ignorant, arrogant and I’ll add horribly rude and insensitive. Meri tries so hard to spin herself as this strong businesswoman but what she actually needs is some customer service training and a filter intervention. It’s almost as if she doesn’t want guests. 

Maybe she doesn’t. She obviously hates her fans and potential guests. 

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Or else she meant her answer as a joke, which doesn't make her any better a businesswoman without a follow-up making that clear.  

It seems that only her BFF Jenn comprehends her "jokes".  The rest of her fans must be mystified as to what is so funny on their Friday With Friends chat, yet they heehaw right along with them.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri is horrible at customer service. A more polite thing to say would have been “We would have loved to spend some time with you but treats would have been all that was on hand for lunch! 

Itsadryheat is spot on. Meri is ignorant, arrogant and I’ll add horribly rude and insensitive. Meri tries so hard to spin herself as this strong businesswoman but what she actually needs is some customer service training and a filter intervention. It’s almost as if she doesn’t want guests. 

Maybe she doesn’t. She obviously hates her fans and potential guests. 

FILTER INTERVENTION!!!Ty for the belly laugh!

• LOL 10
On 7/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Liddy52 said:

It does seem that as a business woman though, that Meri could have given a more tactful answer. Something along the lines of, "So sorry we didn't get to meet you. Although we don't serve lunch, I know of some lovely restaurants in the area you might have enjoyed. Please consider booking a night with us on the way home and enjoy one of our delicious breakfasts! We look forward to having you here at Lizzie's!"

That is a lovely response from a bed and breakfast owner to a potential guest!  The problem is, the inn is full.  Jenn and her kids live there, Meri has a permanent room of her own, there are 14 dogs that have residence and one room is untouched, waiting patiently for the day that Mariah comes for a visit.  Bonnie ran the inn.  Meri is using it as a hideaway, which was its intended purpose all along.

21 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems that only her BFF Jenn comprehends her "jokes".  The rest of her fans must be mystified as to what is so funny on their Friday With Friends chat, yet they heehaw right along with them.

Once again, I watched about 30 seconds of the last Friday Frolics, but this time I watched a few seconds, then fast-forwarded and watch another few, etc.  In every single segment I watched, Meri was either adjusting her camera, laughing way too hard, or placing her hand strategically under her chin in an awkward pose meant to make herself look thinner.  I did not hear any actual dialogue at all.  I'm sure there's some in there somewhere.  Maybe.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Brave — enough to meet a stranger at Disney Land. 

Bold---enough to take your young adult daughter along for a pre-arranged "chance" meeting.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

image.png.0bfec23f62960344db2ce0efc0f0c0c8.png 

TheRealFaceofMeri

image.png.2e699785415b6912a9b791bd6b9d2e4b.png

I just had to share my newest creation I was making in the kitchen while yelling at those kids that are making a mess. I did find a few dog hairs in them, but I picked them out. I made these in honor of Mariah and Audrey for their first date, or was it their engagement, or first time scissoring each other, whatever, its not that big of a dill why I made them, I just did. You can get yours by clicking the link at lizziesonlygotoneroomtorent. They are 21.95 for the pair plus 5.99 shipping and I am only accepting payments in bitcoin. Catch me on my i have to be nice to her because she is running the bed and sometimes cinnamon breakfast friends on fridays.

#filterqueen#drops30lbsinstantly#parawonisforlosersunlessyouhaveaflattire

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

Sol looks more like Robyn, imo. It’s nice that Meri has a good relationship with Sol, but what about all the other “bonus”kids? Why post this blatant favoritism? Is she trying to score points with Kody?

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Sol looks more like Robyn, imo. It’s nice that Meri has a good relationship with Sol, but what about all the other “bonus”kids? Why post this blatant favoritism? Is she trying to score points with Kody?

I can think of two bonus daughters who could most definitely use some of Meri's attention, but with her it's always been about Sol.  I will always believe that Meri "bonded" with him because she knows that he's Kody's favorite child. She's never shown that much interest in any of the other kids not named Mariah.  And it squicks me out that she's assigning a role to Sol that he can never really fulfil - the person who makes her feel wanted and needed.  That's kind of a red flag, because soon he'll be a teenager who will have little need of her.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4480850B-87DB-4BF0-AC9E-F7CDEE1D6AAB.jpeg

3B517EC0-8F59-4E32-A95A-93DE9B2F5B3E.jpeg

I don’t buy it. Meri always has something up her sleeve (in this case it looks like football shoulder pads with a dose of passive-aggressive “poor me this child makes me feel loved”). 

She’s trying too hard to appear happy in a “look at me” sort of vibe. It just reminds me of a high school kid who’s been broken up with and attempts to show the breaker-upper how “happy” they are in hopes it will win them back. 🙄 

It’s hard to trust anything this woman does due to her history of emotional manipulation and cryptic social media bullshittery. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It’s hard to trust anything this woman does due to her history of emotional manipulation and cryptic social media bullshittery. 

Meri still elicits sympathy from her "loyals" for Robyn refusing to let Meri use Sol as a human shield against Mariah's wrath after the catfish debacle.  She begged Robyn and Kody to be allowed to take him to St. George or was it Lehi??? for her first encounter with Mariah after everything came to light, knowing that Mariah had a soft spot for Sol as well.

Robyn won some points from me for this, she either saw through this ruse or had a genuine concern about the distractions of a toddler and his safety on a road trip, given Meri's state of mind.  Meri grudgingly accepted either AuroraorBreanna as a substitute, but went into full on "poor me" mode once again for not being given her first choice.

• Love 9

Meri probably sees him as a replacement for her miscarried son.  Sol's brown teeth also make Meri's one brown tooth seem like an improvement.  Has he been drinking tea and/or cola since birth?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meri probably sees him as a replacement for her miscarried son.  Sol's brown teeth also make Meri's one brown tooth seem like an improvement.  Has he been drinking tea and/or cola since birth?

I do remember that Sol had to have sedated dentistry, apparently due to bottle rot.  Lazy Robo probably gave him bedtime bottles with something besides water.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm a broken record.  Or, Meri is.

I thought the whole message was a passive-aggressive attack on her sister-wives.  Sol does everything a sister wife is supposed to do, but better.  Sol has a better bond with his bonus mother in a shorter period of time than any of the older children of sister wives ever will.  Sol receives the infinite and deep loyalty that Meri has always offered that nobody else in the family ever appreciated.

"He's my reason.  It can't get much better than this."  Somewhere, Mosby is weeping.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

I thought they were discolored as well, but those dark areas are actually gaps.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ooo drama!

"When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute," read one quote she shared, while another stated, "When you're getting yourself together, it gets lonely. But choose growth over company."

Translation:

The family is giving me crap because the Inn is draining money instead of making it, and they won't give me any funds to meet the mortgage. They're just jealous and want a piece of my ancestral home.
The family is also on me for letting my BFFFN live here for free, with her kids. Humph. If they really cared about me, they would give me suitcases full of unmarked Benjamins so I wouldn't have to have strangers in my house B&B.

My BFFFN does all the work around here, while I troll for a new Sam on my computer 24/7.

No one in the family is currently taking my calls and no one answers the doors when I show up unannounced at their houses. I'm also getting kinda sick of BFFFN whatsherface.

then there's blah blah blah hobby lobby quotes

and then:

"I will find MY tribe, the people who will STAND with me and not push against me. THOSE are the people that matter."

Translation: I'm actively looking for a real (not pretend this time) Sam, but I'm also considering finding another plyg family; one that will let me do whatever, whenever I want and not hold me accountable for anything.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 9:22 AM, laurakaye said:

It's such classic middle-school behavior from these two, and I've only managed about 30 seconds of one of her "Fun Fab Friday Friend" videos before I noped out.  It's like you said above - talk, giggle, giggle, inside joke, try to talk but can't because giggles, another inside joke, blah blah blah.  I have to imagine the people that watch these are lonely and feel that because they watch they are a part of the high-jinks and shenanigans.  But it's really just for Meri.  She posts because she needs her stupid ex-husband and her lowly sister-wives to see just how much zany fun she's having without them.  The irony, of course, is that I doubt any of them even follow her or if they do, they certainly aren't going to sit through an hour of Meri adjusting her phone and pretending she doesn't know exactly how to set it up, filter herself into "plastic mannequin" mode and record.  Plus I think she's pretending to be drunk or something to add to the frivolity.

My opinion, not asked for lol 

I think Meri is reliving the junior high and high school days she never had.  Either she was home schooled or she was never one of the Cool Kids.  The “fame” from the show has her feeling like the popular girl in school and she’s riding on it. Not at all normal for us normal folk, but given her upbringing it makes sense.  It’s still not ok but I can see the popularity from her stunted perspective. 

Edited by Meowwww
Stupid iPad turns letters to numbers sometimes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

🤫 “Always be yourself”? 🙄🤣

Does Meri even realize her actions contradict the things she shares? I see her and her stupid quotes and automatically feel disdain for this faker. If you claim to be yourself, stop editing your photos. Stop trying to impress a man who hates you. Stop faking who YOU are. We see through it. 

To me this whole thing continues to reek of “look at me, I’m doing well without you, looklooklooklook, look at my quotes, look at my power stance, fuck-you-guys-but-really-I-just-wanna-belong-and-am-overcompensating-for-my-poor-self-esteem” blah blah blah. 

I get looking after yourself if one is in a toxic environment, but Meri herself IS the toxin. 

• Love 13
(edited)
23 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

To me this whole thing continues to reek of “look at me, I’m doing well without you, looklooklooklook, look at my quotes, look at my power stance, fuck-you-guys-but-really-I-just-wanna-belong-and-am-overcompensating-for-my-poor-self-esteem” blah blah blah. 

It is especially pathetic because they aren't even her quotes, she finds them on other people's "inspirational" sites.  When I'm being myself, I use my own words.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

5B23895B-0126-46FF-A850-F7920B40F0C6.jpeg

Too little too late Meri.  You compounded your "mistake" by trying to claim that you altruistically remained in the romantic fantasy to save the family, trying to make yourself the heroic savior of the the rest.

The only reason you corrected the behavior was because Sam the Sham was not real.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Too little too late Meri.  You compounded your "mistake" by trying to claim that you altruistically remained in the romantic fantasy to save the family, trying to make yourself the heroic savior of the the rest.

The funny thing is that with this quote Meri seems to be passively/aggressively encouraging others (Janelle? Kootie? Robyn? Christine?) who have made a "mistake" to put aside their egos and apologize and correct their behaviour.  She's the one who needs to put aside her own ego/insecurities and respect herself for admitting her own mistakes, apologizing & correcting her behaviour.  Not for show, for rill, and for herself.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

The funny thing is that with this quote Meri seems to be passively/aggressively encouraging others (Janelle? Kootie? Robyn? Christine?) who have made a "mistake" to put aside their egos and apologize and correct their behaviour.  She's the one who needs to put aside her own ego/insecurities and respect herself for admitting her own mistakes, apologizing & correcting her behaviour.  Not for show, for rill, and for herself.

17 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That might be the best tone-deaf, hypocritical thing Meri has ever posted, which is saying a lot.

THIS.

Profoundly hypocritical. Meri is a real piece of work. 

• Love 14

When they were in Alaska and Meri blurted out (smugly) that she may just be gone one day, was that when she thought that Sam was real?

Fast forward, why would anyone stay when clearly Kody doesn't love her or even like her for that matter. Why would you subject yourself to that? Why doesn't she just pack it in. Move to Parawan and run the B&B and sell her craptastic wear on the side. I am sure rennals in Parawan are much cheaper. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

When they were in Alaska and Meri blurted out (smugly) that she may just be gone one day, was that when she thought that Sam was real?

Fast forward, why would anyone stay when clearly Kody doesn't love her or even like her for that matter. Why would you subject yourself to that? Why doesn't she just pack it in. Move to Parawan and run the B&B and sell her craptastic wear on the side. I am sure rennals in Parawan are much cheaper. 

She wants to still be a reality show star and of course the $$$.  So she pushes on.

If she leaves Kody and Sisterwives her money tree disappears. 

Evidently Sam told her he/she had lots of $$ and she was ready to fly the coop.  Unfortunately no other offers have come in since Sam. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

She wants to still be a reality show star and of course the $$$.  So she pushes on.

If she leaves Kody and Sisterwives her money tree disappears. 

Evidently Sam told her he/she had lots of $$ and she was ready to fly the coop.  Unfortunately no other offers have come in since Sam. 

I find that so hard to believe.....not  

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Technically. Kinda. Their trip to Alaska was in August, and that is right at the end of the Meri/Sam fling and then something happened that has never been discussed from anyone. Something went on between them that angered JO and made her flood the internet with all the voicemails/photos/screenshots etc. This is also around the time when Kody made a shady comment about "Batman" in a tweet and one of the shows producers followed the batman account on Twitter for a short while.

Meri, in the season when she invited every other "victim" of Sam's to appear on camera, stated that she put two and two together ON the Alaska trip.  That she recognized the actor in an old TV show (that she saw on a DVD rack while shopping in the airport) as the man in photos that were sent to her supposedly being Sam.  If she said it was on the way TO Alaska, or on the way back FROM Alaska...I don't remember.  But supposedly after returning from Alaska she gave "Sam" the great ultimatum of meet me in person or never talk to me again.

The editing certainly makes it look as tho on the Alaska trip Meri was alluding to the fact that she may just walk out at some point...and it seemed like it may be soon. The scene is a fascinating one if you watch it several times and only look at one person at a time.  Kody with his glare-stare, Christine full on "OH MY GOODNESS" caring face.  Janelle semi attentive and later in the talking head only worried about Meri's attendance at Thanksgiving. And then Robyn's complete disconnected fascination of her soup as she just kept shoveling it in. Honestly at this point, what is semi-reality and what is drama induced production editing.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I don't recall the wording, but I do remember Kody making a tweet referencing Batman in a snarky manner.  Also, right around the whole fiasco coming to light, Sol made an appearance in none other than Batman pyjamas.  Coincidence???

• Love 7