Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Funny how we've never seen these gushing adoring posts with any other children except Sol and Airabelliloa.  Guess what, Meri - Kody doesn't care, and Robyn only allows your visits so you can babysit while she takes a nap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I wonder if the tax write-off Meri may be claiming, is as much as the payments on this place?  I'm not a business owner, so I don't know how that may work.

I'm looking forward to watching the documentary on Amazon Prime.  Will it affect Meri's ability to make money off ugly-ass clothes?  We shall see.

• Love 3

I'm looking forward to watching the documentary on Amazon Prime.  Will it affect Meri's ability to make money off ugly-ass clothes?  We shall see.

LulaRoe is past it's prime even without the documentary. Everyone I know personally who was in the business has gotten out, and it's been forever since someone hit me up to attend a LulaRoe sale or party. The only people still selling it are the Sister Wives.

Kohls has leggings just as cheap now, as do many other retailers. Meri and Christine need to find another source of income quick. Maybe YouTube videos? YouTube has been a big money maker for several of the Duggars. I would totally watch Meri and Christine talk shit about Kody and Robyn on YouTube. Or even better, Christine and Janelle, with side interviews by some of the kids. 

• Love 6
On 8/17/2021 at 2:43 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

@NoWhammies

Do try and stop in Jerome, if you can. One of my favorite places to visit, its spooky, not like Meri's face spooky.. Heck, maybe you will be invited to stay for Friday's with Friends!

I adore Jerome. :)

ETA: OMG a LulaNo doc. I love documentaries. I am so excited about this I actually put it on the Google calendar that currently runs my life. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 8/18/2021 at 1:00 PM, ginger90 said:

E169E82D-01DB-44D1-A57C-AB0796C5C2F2.jpeg

1A2A8273-E51A-4038-B488-07819CD10DF3.jpeg It looks stiff and uncomfortable and boring. 

Cozy? Nah, not so much. it looks stiff and uncomfortable and boring  

Give me a suite with a hot tub, pool, room service and gym access instead. THAT is what’s cozy on a rainy day, Meri. 

• Love 6

Cozy? Nah, not so much. it looks stiff and uncomfortable and boring  

It looks okay to me. You have to be into that kind of Bed and Breakfast. I'm more of a hotel person myself, but I think that is a typical B&B style. I would worry more about the service and possibly crappy breakfast.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

It looks okay to me. You have to be into that kind of Bed and Breakfast. I'm more of a hotel person myself, but I think that is a typical B&B style. I would worry more about the service and possibly crappy breakfast.

From all accounts, the breakfast and service are the best features of this place.  Meri has (did?) employ a cook who turned out appetizing looking breakfasts and Bonnie was given full marks as a gracious greeter.  Not sure if the same standards are in effect with Jenn as the hostess.  Jenn has 2 pre-adolescent kids there, so there is the distinct possibility of hearing them moan..."I'm boooored", there really isn't a lot to captivate young kids there.

• Love 6

Is that an overloaded electrical socket I see below the TV? One problem with old buildings is ungrounded outlets that don't accommodate 3-pronged plugs, needed by my laptop charger.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

So I'm still confused about this B&B - there are five bedrooms, if I remember?  Jenn must be in one, her kids in another one, possibly two if they aren't sharing.  That leaves two rooms to rent, unless Meri stays over after a drunk stoned exhausting session of "Friday With Friends."  Then it's one room to rent.  How, pray tell, is this place making ANY income whatsoever?  Are her Instagram pictures all just a front to prove to Kody and Robyn that "see?  I AM SO trying to rent this place out!  It's just rilly harrrrrrrrrrrrd right now!  But I'm trying, you guys!!"

I mean, I never ever once thought that she truly intended to run this as a B&B, I think she wanted it for herself as an escape/investment.  But can you imagine renting a room here on a Friday night, hearing some screeching from the yard, and peeling back the dusty drapes to find your hostess and her Z-list celebrity friend peeing themselves with laughter as they struggle to adjust their camera phone and record themselves for two hours?  Good luck getting anyone to fetch you some extra towels or give you directions to the nearest bar.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂

A338AFA6-C2C8-4D66-88FC-B1BF21A5DEC1.jpeg

She fell for another catfish trick. No way would those over-lined calculating tarantula eyes, that fried hair or that linebacker physique attract anything but a prank. 

#TarantulaEyes #INeedEveryoneToThinkI’mDesireable                         #Desperation                                                            

🐋🎣🐟🙄

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Is she running the Bed and Breakfast as a serious business? My understanding is that making a profit with a Bed and Breakfast requires a lot of work and you have to be booked up a lot of the time, at least for an entire season like the summer or winter. 

Every time Meri talks about the Bed and Breakfast, it sounds more like a hobby than a serious attempt at a business.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s an article, from 2019, the quote at the end may provide a good chuckle:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/popculture.com/reality-tv/amp/news/sister-wives-meri-brown-why-she-opened-business-without-family/

"I've got employees there that I've hired to do the cooking and cleaning and stuff like that", plus her mom occupying a bedroom and filling the role of hostess.  

Sounds like a vanity project rather than a money-making enterprise to me.  It's not as if the public would be beating a path to the door when there are other BnB's offering more amenities and closer to local attractions than Lizzie's.

Edit to add:  As far as Meri counting on the other family members to jump in and lend a hand at the BnB if needed, I think she is being overly optimistic.  Why should they?  Aside from Kody being front and center for the grand opening, I doubt any one of them have set foot in the hallowed halls of Lizzie's.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Is she running the Bed and Breakfast as a serious business? My understanding is that making a profit with a Bed and Breakfast requires a lot of work and you have to be booked up a lot of the time, at least for an entire season like the summer or winter. 

Every time Meri talks about the Bed and Breakfast, it sounds more like a hobby than a serious attempt at a business.

If she makes money from the ugly clothes, and TLC she might be ok. Is it possible after all these years for a business not making money to be a tax write off? 

• Useful 4
6 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

If she makes money from the ugly clothes, and TLC she might be ok. Is it possible after all these years for a business not making money to be a tax write off? 

Do you have to show a gain before you can claim a loss?

• Useful 5
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Do you have to show a gain before you can claim a loss?

Its my understanding that new business's have a period after start up (like 3 years) to show a profit, hence tax credits they get, however, I am not an accountant, so I could be wrong. I would assume that she may have applied and possibly received some pandemic help for small business, again, I don't know if she could qualify based on the number of employees. My thing is, why would you buy a B&B in a town that has absolutely nothing to offer? If I were to stay at a B&B it would have to be in a quaint town with little antique shops, some pubs/restaurants other than a waffle house off the freeway. I think she totally thought her cable show fame would keep the inn booked

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

If I were to stay at a B&B it would have to be in a quaint town with little antique shops, some pubs/restaurants other than a waffle house off the freeway. I think she totally thought her cable show fame would keep the inn booked

You could while away the hours shopping at the Inn's gift shoppe, where you would have the opportunity to browse the vast selection of overpriced pot holders, coasters and a variety of rice krispie treats.  Once you have noped out on that, you could take a stroll across the street to admire the eclectic collection of the Parowan Profit.

• LOL 12
15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

My thing is, why would you buy a B&B in a town that has absolutely nothing to offer?

But, but, but........the home of her sainted ancestors!  The grampy that was/was not a polygamist as evidenced by the door placement or some other malarkey.  And grammy Lizzie was, well, something or other.  Who can keep track.

And of course her adoring ass kissers would be clamoring to stay in the former home of these historically notable, nationally vaunted people.  Sure to bring in millions.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

My daughter and her family go by Parowan twice a year to visit her BIL when we aren't in a pandemic.  I had to give her the few ideas of what one could do there besides it being right on schedule for a bathroom break for the kids.   Poor Meri, to my grandkids Parowan equaled potty break.  Now they ask for cinnamon rolls sometimes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 8/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, Sandy W said:

This is done deliberately to elicit sympathy and empathy from her loyal followers.

Meri is just as manipulative as Robyn.  

Yes yes yes. How do her fans not see this. She phishes for sympathy constantly.  Everything she says/does is to illicit a planned reaction to feed her mod or ego.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Stefphill said:

Yes yes yes. How do her fans not see this. She phishes for sympathy constantly.  Everything she says/does is to illicit a planned reaction to feed her mod or ego.

Even the "humble brag" a few days ago about being stalked in Costco by someone admiring her eyes.  Most women would have had a chuckle over it, and gone on with their day, she was in no danger. 

But not our Meri, she rushes home to make a post about it, eliciting affirmations from her loyals that yes indeed, her eyes are beeutifool.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Even the "humble brag" a few days ago about being stalked in Costco by someone admiring her eyes.  Most women would have had a chuckle over it, and gone on with their day, she was in no danger. 

But not our Meri, she rushes home to make a post about it, eliciting affirmations from her loyals that yes indeed, her eyes are beeutifool.

Spot on.  I think this shows how lonely and insecure she is, a normal woman would maybe call up a friend to tell them or share the story with their child.  I’m watching an episode from season 2 where they pick out a Christmas tree.  Meri is trying really hard to flirt and it is so nauseating! Even Mariah gets embarrassed and admonishes Meri. 

edited to add: season 2 episode 7, at 5:34 Mariah is utterly embarrassed by Meris antics. 😂 

Edited by Stefphill
  • LOL 8
On 8/18/2021 at 7:01 PM, Cetacean said:

That is so far from what I want to see when spending the night away from home that it might as well be on Mars. I know some people like that old timey stuff but it gives me the willies.

I feel like I need to go there, spend a night, and report back for everyone's sake. Like, this could be my calling.

But can you imagine renting a room here on a Friday night, hearing some screeching from the yard, and peeling back the dusty drapes to find your hostess and her Z-list celebrity friend peeing themselves with laughter as they struggle to adjust their camera phone and record themselves for two hours?  Good luck getting anyone to fetch you some extra towels or give you directions to the nearest bar.

I'll run right out there there and get in on the action. I promise. But, I might be drinking.

Edited by sioux21
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, sioux21 said:

I feel like I need to go there, spend a night, and report back for everyone's sake. Like, this could be my calling.

Please do, we’ve had one review of Lizzies by another poster when Meri’s mother Bonnie was the hostess and it was positive, I don’t recall any complaints.

I’d love to know who’s actually running it now and if it’s still clean, friendly and an inviting place to stay.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Edited quote
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The humblebrag! Yes, THIS! 

Meri always seeks attention, as if to say “look at me, someone was interested in me but I’m playing it like ‘stop it stalker’”.  She probably loved it (if it wasn’t exaggerated somehow). Except for those tarantula eyes of hers and grating voice, she’s an unnoticeable, overweight middle-age woman with the allure of a beach ball covered in seaweed. No one wants to pick it up. 

If Meri would back off on the clumpy, black mascara, treat her fried hair, lose about 30lb, fix her venomy personality and dress a little nicer, she wouldn’t need to feel so insecure and fish for compliments. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

The humblebrag! Yes, THIS! 

Meri always seeks attention, as if to say “look at me, someone was interested in me but I’m playing it like ‘stop it stalker’”.  She probably loved it (if it wasn’t exaggerated somehow). Except for those tarantula eyes of hers and grating voice, she’s an unnoticeable, overweight middle-age woman with the allure of a beach ball covered in seaweed. No one wants to pick it up. 

If Meri would back off on the clumpy, black mascara, treat her fried hair, lose about 30lb, fix her venomy personality and dress a little nicer, she wouldn’t need to feel so insecure and fish for compliments. 

I'm at that unnoticeable, overweight middle-aged woman stage and I personally love it! I always say it's the invisible life stage. I could probably rob a bank and no one would know I was even there! Mask wearing has made it even better. But then, I'm not Meri who craves any and all attention.

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm at that unnoticeable, overweight middle-aged woman stage and I personally love it! I always say it's the invisible life stage. I could probably rob a bank and no one would know I was even there! Mask wearing has made it even better. But then, I'm not Meri who craves any and all attention.

Me too, I hear you!  I had enough of that certain kind of attention when I was young so it's nice to have a relief.  Meri still seems to need it, probably because she didn't get enough of it from her husband for many years.

• Love 14