Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Plus they say once you hit 50 you really should use brown for mascara so it's not so harsh on your face.  

I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.  Sometimes it is good to experiment and see what looks best on a particular face taking into account hair color, skin tone and age, all together. Meri fails to do this.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meri probably wasn't allowed to wear makeup growing up, then wore little if any as a modest plyg wife.  Once TLC came along she started making up for lost time, though she seems stuck in the 1980s.

She probably watched Dynasty in the '80s and saw herself as Krystle Carrington (Linda Evans) with the smoldering eyes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Plus they say once you hit 50 you really should use brown for mascara so it's not so harsh on your face.  

I actually bought green mascara over Christmas.  L'Oreal Voluminous lash in deep green.  I love it!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, TurtlePower said:

Don’t give her any ideas. She’s already heavy-handed with the mascara—you know she would over-line late 90s style. 

I rarely ever say this, but she’s one of those woman who could stand to get a small amount of lip injections. Sometimes her mouth resembles a beak. 

Every morning when I put on my makeup, I put on my mascara with thoughts of Meri and Christine and Younique.  I’ve started noticing clumpy mascara.  I want my life back lol. I’m 50 btw.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I once worked with someone who would read something into everything said to her.  You could say something benign and she would come back a few hours later and say, what did you mean by that?  I didn't mean anything I was just talking about the weather.  You basically have to keep your mouth shut around people like that.

Oh, you’ve met my sister in law? 😏

• LOL 10
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1E2A8E49-8A49-467F-96CE-9DB0B24F9C4F.jpeg

4ACAD4CE-126C-4A31-BE1C-051F8401CA9B.jpeg

What sort of fresh hell is this word gibberish?

Why use so many words to say a fat lot of nothing?

"Paint your world whatever color you want it to be." Sounds like an inspirational plaque you get at Pottery Barn. Puke.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

It would be much more succinct if she wrote that by denying reality as much as she does you too could end up filtering all the pictures you put on social media, be a wife in name only with a husband who appears to despise you and earn your living fleecing your followers with an MLM scheme.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

The Ashley Reality Roundup is reporting that Meri has just unfollowed her “husband” and sister”wives” on SM. 
Some say it’s just a bid to drum up interest in the “new” season, and I agree.  Unless something drastic happened in the last few weeks, which I suppose is not impossible, Meri has a good relationship with Sol and Ari - and therefore, Robyn. 

• Love 9
On 9/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, the-grey-lady said:

"Paint your world whatever color you want it to be."

I think she meant "Paint your WALLS whatever color you want it to be". Makes more sense, regarding Meri 😉

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 9:54 AM, jacksgirl said:

So sad the Lulano trip is the 2nd thru the 6th. A week later and they could all see the Lulano Nexflix Documentary which premiers the 10th.  If the show is as good as the preview,  it's going to be epic.

I.  CANNOT.  WAIT.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, Sandy W said:

No doubt the timing of this get-together is geared to fuel these Retailers with comebacks to the the flood of questions they will be subject to once the documentary airs.  They will all be ready with conditioned responses, like robots they will all repeat the same corporate blather in defense of the greed and corruption that is at the root of this company.

Ooh, good point.  Must collect the zombies together in one room and get them to repeat the cult mantras until they can do so without blinking an eye.  Did I say I cannot wait for this documentary??  I simultaneously want to binge it in one day, but also want to draw it out so it doesn't end (like The Great British Bake-Off).

On 9/6/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

I actually bought green mascara over Christmas.  L'Oreal Voluminous lash in deep green.  I love it!

Blue here (when I wear it).  You can take the girl out of the 80's...........😉

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I.  CANNOT.  WAIT.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, Sandy W said:

I have the sad feeling that it will not even sink in with the cult members. Those that have hung in have all drunk the koolaid and will dismiss it all as "fake news".  Brainwashing is hard to fight.

Those that lost their shirts will believe it but will be viewed as losers who didn't try hard enough.  Evil prevails.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I watched the one on Amazon Prime today. Wow, those people are crooks.  It's just typical that Meri would be involved in a scheme like that. She even involved her family members in it, which is even worse.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Libby said:

I watched the one on Amazon Prime today. Wow, those people are crooks.  It's just typical that Meri would be involved in a scheme like that. She even involved her family members in it, which is even worse.

I don't think it's the people who are in it that the doc was made for - but the 98% of the public who aren't aware of all the shit going down within this toxic company. 

To those of us who have been following this story over the years nothing really new was brought up (I have to say that I still have 1.5 episodes left to watch - I switched to Ted Lasso when the new episode dropped) but this is going to be new information to most people who tune in. Just like the Fyre Festival documentaries - I had really not heard of it except on the periphery of my concious until I watched the Netflix doc (which is excellent btw). 

Of course maybe it will change a mind or two in the base of those people who are at the bottom of the pyramid to GTFO before they lose their shirts. But people like Meri who uses her fame (such as it is) to sell shitty clothes will keep on shilling until the bottom completely falls out. IMO of course.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10

Meri really looks good in the video, imo, but something is off.  She’s acting very strange….seems out if it.  Hmmmm…..it’s the second video that I’ve seen her appear that way. Hope all is well.  Maybe, she just has a couple of glasses of wine beforehand to loosen up.  I wasn’t aware she drank a lot, though.   

42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A29A3F74-FE60-4713-A514-3EFC78510CA4.jpeg

What's with the dumb font?

She made the same claim about the strength of her marriage to Kody last season, while Kody could not contain his pure disgust with her on camera, even when he was self-filming.

Meri is so humble: 'slightly' familiar with how media works.  Do all her filters make her photos reliable sources on social media?  

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Does she really not understand the difference between a reality show and a documentary? Or is she just praying that everyone else is too stupid to make the distinction?

Edited by MargeGunderson
I should not call anyone stupid if I can’t spell “too”
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Meri is so humble: 'slightly' familiar with how media works.  Do all her filters make her photos reliable sources on social media?  

Considering how much trouble she has setting up her Live videos every week, perhaps Meri didn't want to say she was a media expert. 

Watching LuLaRich made me wonder if the founder lady favoured the long layers and busy fabric designs thinking they would camouflage her girth. She also seemed to think dramatic gestures and speech patterns would camouflage her lies during the interviews.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

What's with the dumb font?

She made the same claim about the strength of her marriage to Kody last season, while Kody could not contain his pure disgust with her on camera, even when he was self-filming.

It looks like the Disney font.  I noticed that right away.

13 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Does she really not understand the difference between a reality show and a documentary? Or is she just praying that everyone else is too stupid to make the distinction?

I know right!  Anyone whose been watching reality shows knows that some of it is scripted and just for ratings.  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Anyone whose been watching reality shows knows that some of it is scripted and just for ratings.  

I'd say pretty much ALL of it is scripted.  It's not like there are hidden cameras to catch each moment, they have to set up to film, stage the rooms, do the make up, etc.  These are not real time interactions, they are all carefully manipulated and then edited.

There is no such thing as a true reality show unless you are watching some webcam hidden in a HVAC vent.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I'd say pretty much ALL of it is scripted.  It's not like there are hidden cameras to catch each moment, they have to set up to film, stage the rooms, do the make up, etc.  These are not real time interactions, they are all carefully manipulated and then edited.

There is no such thing as a true reality show unless you are watching some webcam hidden in a HVAC vent.

I love this board. You guys tell it like it is (as it is, for the grammarian in me lol). Your post is a perfect example.  ❤

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

So totally agree!  This isn't a true representation of their day to day activities at all.  Producer driven.  Maybe not with printed script, but, "You stand there, then you'll come and and say something about blah blah".  I've seen on other "reality shows" there is blue tape on the floor.  Take !, Take 2, etc"

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Take !, Take 2, etc"

Yep, especially if the desired degree of angst/joy/surprise/anger wasn't plainly emoted.  

"Hey, Meri, look more persecuted next time.  Let's see those walls go up".  Now...action.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

It's a given that the conversations are prompted but the nucleus of the train of thought must have been there in the first place.

For instance, Kody's behavior over Ysabel's surgery.  No amount of encouragement by producers would ever permit a loving parent to utter those words.  I am sure that was Kody's attitude and production gave him free rein and prompted him along to expand on the topic.

Another example would be Meri demeaning herself at the "picnic".  If she wasn't already of that mindset of almost begging Kody for affection, would she really humiliate herself this way just to keep a storyline going?

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It's a given that the conversations are prompted but the nucleus of the train of thought must have been there in the first place.

For instance, Kody's behavior over Ysabel's surgery.  No amount of encouragement by producers would ever permit a loving parent to utter those words.  I am sure that was Kody's attitude and production gave him free rein and prompted him along to expand on the topic.

Another example would be Meri demeaning herself at the "picnic".  If she wasn't already of that mindset of almost begging Kody for affection, would she really humiliate herself this way just to keep a storyline going?

My magic 8 ball says "yes"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Another poster in Christine's thread wonders about how many "team" members Meri bullied into signing up, just to line her own pockets.  I wonder about that, too, and how many have gone bankrupt or otherwise ended up in debt, trying to unload LuLaNo.  I don't believe she'd feel a bit bad for anyone who's lost money.  

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Another poster in Christine's thread wonders about how many "team" members Meri bullied into signing up, just to line her own pockets.  I wonder about that, too, and how many have gone bankrupt or otherwise ended up in debt, trying to unload LuLaNo.  I don't believe she'd feel a bit bad for anyone who's lost money.  

I'm not sure how these MLMs work, but I believe that Meri came into the fold under the auspices of her sister Rebecca.  Wouldn't it stand to reason that Rebecca would be pushed further up the chain as a result of Meri's huge downline?  Even if she didn't enlist any other "soldiers" herself, she would profit every time Meri or one of her minions made a sale.  Yet, I only recall Rebecca attending one of the perk cruises and you don't see Meri hanging out with her sister at the conferences.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri is at the trainer level.  Between 20-25% of Luluaroe retailers rise to this level.

Trainer – To qualify for Trainer Rank you will need to have or purchase at least 250 pieces per month directly from LuLaRoe. You will also need to have 3 personally referred direct members and at least 10 in your downline. You will also need a team volume of at least 1750 pieces. (personal volume doesn’t count)

The internet says the average trainer earns $54K a year in bonus money while the highest payout last year was $288K.

If you are interested in the compensation structure, this is a good place to look:  https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/llrprod/exigo/llrAdmin/documents/LLR_Ldr_Bonus_Plan.pdf

• Useful 10
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure how these MLMs work, but I believe that Meri came into the fold under the auspices of her sister Rebecca.  Wouldn't it stand to reason that Rebecca would be pushed further up the chain as a result of Meri's huge downline?  Even if she didn't enlist any other "soldiers" herself, she would profit every time Meri or one of her minions made a sale.  Yet, I only recall Rebecca attending one of the perk cruises and you don't see Meri hanging out with her sister at the conferences.  

Is Rebecca even involved with LLR anymore?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I binged the documentary - pretty interesting stuff.  

I didn't know that two of Mark and Deanna's kids ended up married to each other - they explained it away but I didn't really understand the explanation.

Deanna had some super interesting body language during several segments of her interviews, both the "fluff" portions and her depositions.  At one point Mark was explaining something about bonuses, I think, and Deanna crossed her arms and leaned as far away from him as she could.  And I liked her son's deposition where every question he was asked he responded with "I don't recall," intercut with video of him explaining exactly what he was being asked under oath.

I also didn't realize the pressure Mark and Dee put on these women to get their husbands to quit their jobs to come on board with LLR.  Sneaky manipulation to force a family to become completely dependent on the company.  That's gross.

The bottom line that I came away with is that everyone seems to know that LLR is a scam, but there's little to nothing that the courts can do about it?  Because there are so many MLM's, and to topple one would mean trying to topple all of them?  I'm not sure.  The conclusion was not as happy as I wanted it to be.  I live in the town that birthed Amway and although the founders and their families have done great things for our town, I've been sketched out about it ever since friends of ours took us out for dinner and then tried to get us on their downline.  

I also totally looked for Meri's crazy face in all of the crowd scenes, lol.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 4
  • Love 15

I had to shake my head when one of the ex-mentors stated that Deanna told the women to get on their knees for five minutes, and their husbands would let them buy into their pyramid.  Just wow.  Who says that?  Jeez.

I too was appalled at the thought of women telling their husbands to quit their jobs and then they'd be totally dependent on LLR.  That's so wrong!  Predatory tactics like that make me ill.  What a rotten scheming thing to do.  Despicable.

• Love 11

Do you remember that book "The proper care and feeding of husbands" that one retailer was told to buy? Wow, I really thought this was a joke and it was a book written by a comedian, but no...welcome back to when a woman's only place to be was the kitchen. Just. Wow.

• Love 2