Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

So apparently Lulahellno do wetsuits now. She looks awful and mismatched (as is now tradition). 

This friendship with the Blair character is a definite eyebrow raiser. Gay or not, she’s using him to her full advantage to try and insinuate something deeper by ramming him in everyone’s face publicly. Sad old Mare. 

Do you think it’s all a ploy for ratings when season starts in January?  There’s literally nothing interesting happening with these guys so they have to start the speculation  ‘has she left the family and got a new man?’  ‘Is Robyn pregnant or gravely ill -why haven’t we seen her?’ ‘Is It just Robyn on rotation now, why is Kody never pictured anywhere else?’ ‘Why no mention of Mariah’s upcoming wedding?’ 

I feel like they are finally learning how to manipulate social media to their advantage, instead of giving what little plot lines they did have away. Last season was pointless watching, everyone knew what had happened from social media. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

So apparently Lulahellno do wetsuits now. She looks awful and mismatched (as is now tradition). 

This friendship with the Blair character is a definite eyebrow raiser. Gay or not, she’s using him to her full advantage to try and insinuate something deeper by ramming him in everyone’s face publicly. Sad old Mare. 

Do you think it’s all a ploy for ratings when season starts in January?  There’s literally nothing interesting happening with these guys so they have to start the speculation  ‘has she left the family and got a new man?’  ‘Is Robyn pregnant or gravely ill -why haven’t we seen her?’ ‘Is It just Robyn on rotation now, why is Kody never pictured anywhere else?’ ‘Why no mention of Mariah’s upcoming wedding?’ 

I feel like they are finally learning how to manipulate social media to their advantage, instead of giving what little plot lines they did have away. Last season was pointless watching, everyone knew what had happened from social media. 

I think your right.  Maybe TLC told them to keep things between themselves.  In hopes of keeping the seasons going.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The only thing they have in common is pink and navy blue in both pieces.  The top is reminiscent of those dreadful tanks with long-sleeved t-shirts under that they felt inclined to wear when they were practicing the modesty aspects of their religion.

Nevermind lol. 😊

Edited by Joan of Argh
Can't read properly. Lol
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

The bolded nearly caused an iced tea incident.  HA!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5BF7C316-34F1-4189-8598-262D17A7E22A.jpeg

‘This is coming on the cruise with me’ 

Cool...So is she also bringing along the homeless pregnant lady (to wear that hideous maternity dress) and the child (whom the vest belongs to) as well? 

Seriously, these clothes are just shit. They look unflattering, poorly made and I’m not sure why she keeps trying to make them happen. They’re never going to happen.

#NotFashion #BargainBin #ClearanceRack #OneSizeDoesNotFitAll #GiveThePregnantHomelessLadyHerDressBack #GiveTruelyHerVestBackToo #OnlyOnTheCruiseCosYoureOnTV

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She seems to be a bit of a vagabond these days.  I wonder if she has had to vacate the Flagstaff rental because it's now sold. 

It shows online that Meri's rental house in Flagstaff isn't sold yet.  It has a pending offer as of September 11th and says it is accepting backup offers.  That said, Meri may have moved out already since she knows the end is coming.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

It shows online that Meri's rental house in Flagstaff isn't sold yet.  It has a pending offer as of September 11th and says it is accepting backup offers.  That said, Meri may have moved out already since she knows the end is coming.

Thanks for the update Smarty.  When they are accepting backup offers, it usually means that there is a condition that the purchaser has their own home to sell and their offer could be "bumped out" by a more desirable offer.

In this case, it appears that Meri has once again taken control of the situation and acted pre-emptively, rather than leaving her relocation in the hands of others.  In this case, I can't say I blame her.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Oh man! I’m sold! Who doesn’t wanna look fat and mismatched?  Sign me up! 

ETA: Agree that it looks like a wetsuit, especially the bottoms. A full 7mm wetsuit that makes every wearer look like a sausage. Except, the fish don’t care. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

So Meri's already planning to sail "on the good ship LuLaNo" next year?  It would be interesting to know what she makes selling those stinky-after-1-wearing polyester rags.

I rilly do wonder if she ever has a twinge of conscience, considering that her downline of relatives and fools, can't all be making back their investments, let alone turning a profit.  What am I saying?  Of course, Meri is all for Meri, and I shouldn't wonder why Mariah is all for Mariah, too.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pegasaurus said:

THIS!

Honestly, it's pretty obvious they're just messing with us.  They want to make sure we all tune in to their stupid show.  And the answer to all these mysterious goings on will be.....nothing.

Well!! I won't be tuning in. The show can't compare to the crap fest served up daily by this bunch of famehoes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I rilly do wonder if she ever has a twinge of conscience, considering that her downline of relatives and fools, can't all be making back their investments, let alone turning a profit.  What am I saying?  Of course, Meri is all for Meri, and I shouldn't wonder why Mariah is all for Mariah, too.

Except she actually wears that crap out in public!  (I don't believe a person exists you would look good in that horizontal stripe maxi dress she's so damn excited about wearing on the cruise.)  I can't help but think she genuinely believes she's helping people start their own businesses selling great, attractive clothing.  (Either that or she is pure evil and would steal your last crust of bread simply because she thought it looked good, not because she was actually starving.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

And the answer to all these mysterious goings on will be.....nothing.

So you're saying it's going to be the same as every single season so far.

7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Either that or she is pure evil and would steal your last crust of bread simply because she thought it looked good, not because she was actually starving.

That would be my vote.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2019 at 6:59 PM, Natalie68 said:

The bolded nearly caused an iced tea incident.  HA!

Even worse I just laughed so hard that Mr Twopper gave me a look that said he is considering committing me to the nearest funny farm. 

I don't quite understand the wet suit outfit.  It almost looks like a wet suit overall.  I can't decide if that block of navy across her chest is part of the top or not.  If it is a one piece deal, I guess whoever buys it could use it to go speed skating.

The long horizontal dress is awful, but not the worst thing I have seen, but the jean jacket looks like it is much too small and she cut the sleeves off.  I saw a woman yesterday at Walgreen's who was wearing a jean jacket that was all chopped up.  It looked like she had done the job herself, instead of buying it that way. 

Anyway, back to the long dress.   Is there a market for dresses that long?  especially shapeless ones?  It might look okay on a thin person if it were knee length.

I can't find the quote now, but props to whoever coined the term "lulurags."

All these hashtags drive me crazy.

#lulurags #speedskating #cutupjeanjacket #meriswetsuit #dontwearthisinpublic

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 9/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, Absolom said:

Those look ready for the give away bin already.  Why does she think those two pieces either look good or go together?

Yup, when I'm chilling at home, I also want to wear a layer of tight, cheap polyester right up against my skin so it can't breathe, and it pulls in all the wrong places when I move to unload the dishwasher, make the bed, etc.  

I can't believe this company is still doing cruises.  They cannot possibly be moving enough merchandise anymore, can they?  From listening to the podcast, I do know that consultants have been buying each other's rags (so if they don't get sellable merch, they will buy the desirable items from others) so it seems like LLR will soon become a dragon that starts to eat its own tail.  The implosion cannot be too far away at this point.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11

Interesting read regarding Lizzie’s. Only part I disagree with is at the end saying Meri would be “too nice” to say “I told you so” (she so would and I bet she will): 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-kicks-up-dust-in-kody-brown-face/

And, in this regard, I have respect for Meri for setting to do what she wanted and making it successful. I may not like her LuLaRags or her personality, but she doesn’t sit on her laurels like the rest of the wives, dependent on Kody. I rilly hope she flies away from them all, leaving them in the dust of Prairie Dog Downs. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Interesting read regarding Lizzie’s. Only part I disagree with is at the end saying Meri would be “too nice” to say “I told you so” (she so would and I bet she will): 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-kicks-up-dust-in-kody-brown-face/

And, in this regard, I have respect for Meri for setting to do what she wanted and making it successful. I may not like her LuLaRags or her personality, but she doesn’t sit on her laurels like the rest of the wives, dependent on Kody. I rilly hope she flies away from them all, leaving them in the dust of Prairie Dog Downs. 

I still find it hard to believe that 4 rooms makes enough money to pay all the bills and the mortgage.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Yup, when I'm chilling at home, I also want to wear a layers of tight, cheap polyester right up against my skin so it can't breathe, and it pulls in all the wrong places when I move to unload the dishwasher, make the bed, etc.  

I can't believe this company is still doing cruises.  They cannot possibly be moving enough merchandise anymore, can they?  From listening to the podcast, I do know that consultants have been buying each other's rags (so if they don't get sellable merch, they will buy the desirable items from others) so it seems like LLR will soon become a dragon that starts to eat its own tail.  The implosion cannot be too far away at this point.  

It doesn't really cost LLR anything to do a cruise, I don't think. The consultants pay for it in one way or another, the "free" cruise is anything but free! But most MLMs do the cruise incentive. I remember hearing that LLR started allowing consultants who didn't meet the sales quota to pay out of pocket to attend the last one. 

I looked into going on a cruise just to check out. There are some really great deals out there! But I'm just not a cruise person. When I'm in Puerto Vallarta or Cabo I see the "cruisers" queued up in long lines at 5 pm to get back on their ship and I'm like....not my jam. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I still find it hard to believe that 4 rooms makes enough money to pay all the bills and the mortgage.

I suspect she’s doing immensely well with her LuLaRags. It looks like her Vegas home sold and her rental is being sold, so she currently doesn’t have those obligations. She can probably afford the B&B no problem.

If she’s smart—and I think she is in this regard—she’ll have a nice financial cushion for after the show. Can’t be said for the rest of the wives. 

Yeah, I complimented her. What’s going on?!? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

But doesn't she have almost $3k in monthly rent on the Flagstaff house until she actually moves out? 

It seems to me that they have been in Flagstaff for a year, didn't they make the move to coincide with the start of school last year?  If that is the case, she may have had just a one year lease, same with Robyn and that would be a factor when they bought the house for Robyn. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I find it hard to believe too.  Most B and B's operate on a 50% occupancy rate, but given that Lizzie's place is located in an area without many attractions to draw customers, their's is probably less than 50%.  I realize they won an award for best in Utah, but that would be based more on amenities within the facility and the food served as well as how much promotion the proprietor did to the voting committee. I could find only 7 reviews of the place, they were all positive, but it doesn't seem like a lot for a thriving establishment.

Bonnie is probably not taking a salary, she seems to be acting as meet and greet and doing the books so she may be willing to manage the place in exchange for a place to live.  From what I understand, they have a local cook come in to prepare the breakfasts (and shop for groceries?) when needed and maybe even someone to change the linens and do general housekeeping and gardening.

Make you wonder how much net profit is left after mortgage, taxes, utilities, advertising and salaries are paid out.

• Love 6

I just did some Googling--it's a TV show called "Official Best of America" and isn't affiliated with a damn thing, as far as I can see, other than making money, and I don't know how they pick these "winners".  So I'm not sure how much legitimacy it has; I'd be more impressed if it were from AAA or Travelocity or something.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Fosca said:

I just did some Googling--it's a TV show called "Official Best of America" and isn't affiliated with a damn thing, as far as I can see, other than making money, and I don't know how they pick these "winners".  So I'm not sure how much legitimacy it has; I'd be more impressed if it were from AAA or Travelocity or something.

I think it is one of those things where the public vote on it.  Like a reader's choice type of award.   With all the followers Meri has, I can see her winning.  She probably promoted it on her FB and instagram pages.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think it is one of those things where the public vote on it.  Like a reader's choice type of award.   With all the followers Meri has, I can see her winning.  She probably promoted it on her FB and instagram pages.  

Interesting.  I'll bet they don't vett the voters to ensure that they had actually stayed at the place.😉

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Noone votes on those shows. It's basically advertising/paid placement. 

In the olden days when there were still newspapers, we had a weekly restaurant reviewer who had glowing things to say about every restaurant he mentioned - from rodent-infested coffee shop to fine dining. As long as the establishment paid for an advertisement of course! 

Oh and I checked Yelp. Three non-recommended hidden reviews. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I have to agree.  I bet she's not even covering the mortgage with guests. I can't imagine throngs of people heading to a podunk town with nothing to do just to stay in someone's granny's old house.  Go to the website and put in random dates (even holidays) and rooms are always available.  

Either there aren't that many B&B's in Utah or it's one of those "nominate yourself" kind of awards.

Her money might be coming from LLCrap right now but I bet she's spending every cent she steals from her downliners makes and will end up the same as the rest of the grifters when the train leaves the tracks.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

I have to agree.  I bet she's not even covering the mortgage with guests. I can't imagine throngs of people heading to a podunk town with nothing to do just to stay in someone's granny's old house.  Go to the website and put in random dates (even holidays) and rooms are always available.  

Either there aren't that many B&B's in Utah or it's one of those "nominate yourself" kind of awards.

Her money might be coming from LLCrap right now but I bet she's spending every cent she steals from her downliners makes and will end up the same as the rest of the grifters when the train leaves the tracks.

I put my vote that she's not breaking even on the B&B unless she's having weddings there every single weekend.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I put my vote that she's not breaking even on the B&B unless she's having weddings there every single weekend.

I'm not yet convinced that making money or breaking even was the goal. I think that was strictly for public consumption. This tribe prefers businesses that lose money - Grifting 101. Bleed That Beast.

Earlier this year I read an article somewhere about LLR that described how someone reaches Meri's level. IIRC one requirement was at least four months in one calendar year with $12,000 in sales (in each of the four months). 

Yeah, Meri's Best of Utah award is worthless. It's from one of those Chamber of Commerce promotion-type magazines that are one step above the throwaways available for free in grocery stores, like Apartments and Homes For Rent. You pay $100 to nominate yourself (tax deduction/business expense) and you choose your category, obviously.

No doubt she did promote her nomination so that her fans could vote for her (because me me me me me) but if you have one vote and no one else in your category receives a vote, you've won! If there are two entities in your category you could also win by a statewide landslide of 9-4!

Lizzie's "won" this year in the Best Country Inn category while the Blue Boar Inn won (again) in the Best B&B category. I'm willing to bet that she chose Best Country Inn as Lizzie's category to get around the Blue Boar Inn.

Utah Valley Magazine, Salt Lake Magazine, Southern Utah Magazine, an org called Best of State - all are promotional tools used by business owners that are as lofty and meaningful as an ad in the Yellow Pages and there are many contradicting "winners." 

It's like receiving a Best of Award in the little "magazine" full of coupons for local businesses and two or three very short articles that comes as junk mail every month. LOL

I still remember something posted/linked here in real time pointing out that, between the type of loan it was and a clause/a rider, the inn absolutely could not be Meri's primary residence. I read somewhere else (who the hell knows where, now) that not living there was the trade-off for the terms being financially favorable. (Qualifying and buying in one category instead of another). 

I distinctly remember thinking that Parowan is small enough that it would be eventually be noticed (and hopefully reported by a frenemy) if she tried to get around that and live there anyway. Which you know she would do if she decided she needed to, loan requirements be damned, because she did it On Her Own, dammit!

If she's on the LLR highway for two weeks and then stays in Parowan for two weeks then she's not living in Parowan full time, is she, and it's not her primary residence, is it? Hmmm. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe Meri said that she wasn't concerned about the business aspect of it.  More that she wanted it back in the family.

Right the non polygamous family that owned the home where she is just making up stories about said house/family. I bet the ghost isn't really a ghost but a mouse. Those extra doors probably where for cooling / circulation much like the old sleeping porches of the Southwest. 

Poor Christines mom, out of a job. I pretty much know that she got that 40K from her mother she needed to open it, and then kicked Christines mom to the curb

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe Meri said that she wasn't concerned about the business aspect of it.  More that she wanted it back in the family.

I feel like yes, she wanted it back in the family and she made an emotionally driven decision to acquire it. However—I still think, even if unconsciously, she also wanted that place as a fall-back plan. 2 good reasons. 

She may not have said it, but if everything fails on her, she can ride out her life working the B&B. Her mom won’t be around forever, she must have considered the long-term aspects by now. And I think the business aspect will—if it hasn’t already—eventually interest her as she is a control freak. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right the non polygamous family that owned the home where she is just making up stories about said house/family. I bet the ghost isn't really a ghost but a mouse. Those extra doors probably where for cooling / circulation much like the old sleeping porches of the Southwest. 

Poor Christines mom, out of a job. I pretty much know that she got that 40K from her mother she needed to open it, and then kicked Christines mom to the curb

And the question remains, where oh where is Annie?  I don't believe she was even present at the wedding of Aspyn and Mitch.

• Love 3

I'd laugh my ass off if Meri were to insist that SludgePudge have their wedding at Lizzie's, or she won't pay for it.  What am I saying?  Kootie is probably working on a dill with TLC, to get the network to pay for a destination weddingK wherever Princess Pudge desires.  

Bunch of phonies.  Remember when Meri made that fake offer to help Aspyn pay for whatever weddingK she wanted?  Meri is a total tightwad except where her darling daughter is concerned.

2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

And the question remains, where oh where is Annie?  I don't believe she was even present at the wedding of Aspyn and Mitch.

I've wondered the same thing.  I hope she unloaded on Meri at that kind of treatment.  Probably not, but we know if Meri was the one kicked to the curb, she'd bellow from the rooftop of how unfair it was.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She may not have said it, but if everything fails on her, she can ride out her life working the B&B. Her mom won’t be around forever...

Yeah, because Meri has always shown such gracious hostessing skills.  I doubt she will have much business if she treats the visitors like she treats her llRags customers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5