Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri also commented somewhere on IG recently that grandma Lizzie stood on the steps of the old church in town and kept it from being torn down. I wonder if there's anything substantiating that? Or is it just family lore? Or maybe Meri just made it up. 

I remember that!

It sounded like some fantasy Meri dreamed up followed by a plethora of #strongwoman #Lizziekickingassandtakingnames #Dontmesswithlizzie #bosslady.....  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

When was LIzzie around?  I found this about an old church being saved.  I don't recall what years saintly Lizzie lived there.

Born in 1883, died 1957 according to Find a Grave.

ETA: here's Meri's (apparently unsubstantiated) humblebrag.

302AA0FF-FA2C-45E8-BE69-7B5E30D881FD.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, DaisyDuke said:

Aww shucks. You almost got me Meri! Wrapping and tucking those Perfect T’s! I almost didn’t remember you were selling worthless garments  🙄🙄🙄

Seems like a lot of work just to wear a t-shirt, but I suppose when you never know what the hem is going to look like, creative tucking and knotting skills come in handy.  Although I am a bit confused on how one knots a t-shirt with side slits, it's early and I can't think too hard about it right now.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Does Meri have a new boyfriend - who is the "@blairmichael12" that was hiking with her?

He’s an interior designer from what I could dig up and appears to be gay. So I have no idea what’s going on here—what’s in this for him? Could it be he LIKES this miserable lump, or is he working on designing her future digs and is hanging out with her for the commission? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8

What an awful dress. And what's with the Star of David? 

Since it's blue and white maybe it's supposed to be worn on the High Holy Days, or on a trip to Israel. 

She apparently enjoys hanging out with men who are unavailable in one way or another. 

I'm a Presbyterian and don't mean to offend anyone, but damn. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 13

This is actually a good picture of Meri for a change. The colors are nice. Her makeup and hair are not to crazy and her expression is fairly normal. Ok, the eyebrows are still just wow but all in all this is one of her better photos imo.

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, neh said:

This is actually a good picture of Keri for a change. The colors are nice. Her makeup and hair are not to crazy and her expression is fairly normal. Ok, the eyebrows are still just wow but all in all this is one of her better photos imo.

Hooray for filters and FaceTune!

• Love 4

All I could think of was "what an awkward pose" with the arm across the body and the twisted neck.

Wait, I know!  It's a yoga stretch!  We do that one in my chair yoga class. But we wear better clothes.  No cheap sack dresses allowed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 9/17/2019 at 6:13 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Translation: Great grandma went to church, tried to climb the steps to get in the church, saw the wrecking balls and said, "What's the DILL?"  The End.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2019 at 8:13 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Apologies in advance for any blasphemy (and god rest Lizzie’s soul)...

But if she was half as good at getting her own way as old Mare is, then that story is pretty believable.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear, that after single-handedly ceasing the wreaking ball to the church, she held the demolition contractors to ransom, demanding they install expensive french doors to the rear and a wet bar at the altar, at the expense the rest of the congregation. 

• LOL 12
24 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meri loves that shirt.  It probably reminds her of the dog she made watch while his grave was being dug.

Apologies in advance for asking what everyone else probably already knows, but huh?

Can someone explain the circumstances of the dog's apparently imminent demise, and why he was made to watch the grave being dug?  Whose dog was it, and was it sick?

I've never seen the episode.

I can't it, is too soon (9 months to the day) after loosing my beloved kitty to relate this horrific story. It breaks my heart to think of it. I'll leave to others to pass on the sadness.

Edited by Gramto6
typo
31 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Can someone explain the circumstances of the dog's apparently imminent demise, and why he was made to watch the grave being dug?  Whose dog was it, and was it sick?

Spoiler

It was in an early season.  Meri and Kootie dug the dog's grave at the house in Utah with the dog watching on.  The decision was to kill it because it was old.  It was horrible and they were just so cold about it.

Meri's mom better watch her back.

PS That's when I quit watching.

8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
  Hide contents

It was in an early season.  Meri and Kootie dug the dog's grave at the house in Utah with the dog watching on.  The decision was to kill it because it was old.  It was horrible and they were just so cold about it.

Thanks @Kohola3.  I have a follow-up question, but I realize it doesn't even matter.  The ultimate answer is that they are despicable people.

As someone who had to let her 18.5-year-old kitty Louie go last October, due to illnesses, I can't even imagine.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Thanks @Kohola3.  I have a follow-up question, but I realize it doesn't even matter.  The ultimate answer is that they are despicable people.

As someone who had to let her 18.5-year-old kitty Louie go last October, due to illnesses, I can't even imagine.

I am so sorry.  It is never easy.  I couldn't watch that ep either.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
  Reveal spoiler

Absolutely heartless. Gotta wonder if she’ll do Mosby the same way. 

Omg... The dress and then that top.

All i see on that dress is stars and bright white arrows pointing in every direction at once...ugh so busy makes me nauseated

The dog top looks like hospital scrubs for nurses on the children's ward.

Doesn't she know how dumb she sounds and looks?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Another one bites the dust. I bet she paid twice that for those rags.

Not only is the "Lularoe Retailer" stuck with inventory that she couldn't sell through her regular venues, she also has the display fixtures she was required to purchase from the company, probably at twice the cost of the same things at Walmart.  This one is particularly poignant to me, as the vendor has attempted to give her garage/basement/spare room the appearance of an upscale boutique with the balloon valance, coordinated wall color and leatherette chair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Into the forest? Uh-oh. Notify local SAR, we have an unprepared woman with bad feet trying to find herself in the wilderness. 

As for the rest of it, eye roll! Me me me, I’m worth it, blah blah blah. True narcissist. If she’d scrap the rest regarding caring about anyone else but herself, there’s be truth to it all. 

Gee I wonder who’s given up on her (insert another eye roll). She’s so out the door when this show is cancelled. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect was incorrect
  • Love 11
On 9/22/2019 at 8:35 AM, ginger90 said:

Yard sale near me, $8. each, or 2 for $15. !

8DC82540-E444-4CDD-963C-67A3F33EE14A.jpeg

Is this for real?  How much cash do you estimate this person paid for this insane amount of cheap clothing?  And holy crap, what's in all those baskets - I'm guessing leggings?  That's incredibly sad.

I also like to go for walks in the woods, but I don't typically put on layers of eye makeup and then waste time taking and filtering selfies, adding 14 paragraphs of twaddle, and posting it to social media.  Perhaps I am doing it wrong.

But I am just so goshdarn glad that good old Blair gave Meri a sweatshirt to stay cozy in! Like a real gentleman would do!  Or like a real pretend boyfriend would do!  Take THAT, Kody.  🙄

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

But I am just so goshdarn glad that good old Blair gave Meri a sweatshirt to stay cozy in! Like a real gentleman would do!  Or like a real pretend boyfriend would do!  Take THAT, Kody.  🙄

OF COURSE she had to advertise this fact.  I seem to recall that it didn't go so well the last time a "male" friend sent her gifts and she posted them on social media...

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

A bit off topic, but aren’t these folks “living this lifestyle” according to their religious faith? Why then do they never give any shoutouts to God and junk? Or do they?

The original pretense was that this was a "calling"  Aside from one phony episode where Kootie gathered everyone in the living room to preach at them, no further word or deed indicates any church affiliation other than the Church of TLC Renewal.

I have never seen people so totally self-centered and self-serving who were supposedly religious.  They have never done a single charitable act  and we know damned well if they had it would be all over social media in a heartbeat.

The only time religion is mentioned is if someone confronts them for polygamy.  Then they pull out the "religious persecution" card.  Phony assholes.

• Love 11

The strawberry looks nice. Other than that...

What is it that these people don't get. You can't point a cellphone at a plate of food and make it look good. You just can't. It takes special lighting, specials lens, special angles.  It might be delicious but it looks like crap.

This, for example, is a professional shot of s'mores french toast.  Which one would you want to eat?

smores-french-toast-5.jpg

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But I am just so goshdarn glad that good old Blair gave Meri a sweatshirt to stay cozy in! Like a real gentleman would do!  Or like a real pretend boyfriend would do!  Take THAT, Kody.  

Out in the woods creeping around.... Hmmmmm

So if Meri marries Blair Michael....  will that make her the Blair Witch?

please say yes. 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Out in the woods creeping around.... Hmmmmm

So if Meri marries Blair Michael....  will that make her the Blair Witch?

please say yes. 😂

2037005926_MScottblairwitch.jpg.09fd988b3ebc7bdac61a9490dcb6e71c.jpg

...the Michael Scott version...

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

As good as it looks? Diarrhea on bread......yum. 

#carbs #sugar #gluten #processed #diabetes #hideous 

It looks like the way it would look if I found a recipe for it on the internet and made it myself for the first time. 

I would expect better in what is technically a restaurant though.

• Love 7

Someone on these fine threads got me hooked on "The Dream" podcast, an in-depth discussion about MLM's, with LLR mentioned several times - FYI, the podcast is releasing four new episodes specifically targeting LLR.  The first one just dropped, the others will follow once a week.  Happy listening!

• Useful 7
  • Love 4