Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Just what I would want to wear to a concert where it's hot, the people are close, and dancing is involved - a shirt made of cheap polyester glued to my skin by a layer of sweat.

I'm squirming just thinking about it, ugh!  The aroma must have been horrible.

• LOL 6

It is Aurora, she’s 17 now and wearing make up. Looks like more Brown damage control to insist she still hangs out with the other kids and has a relationship with them if you ask me. But Robyn’s kids don’t count Meri, it’s always been painfully obvious they are favored by you. Looks like much of the family was there at the concert. Gwen has a pic of her and Ysabel and Christine there too. Meri’s acting like it’s a date with Aurora. Happy fambily 🙄

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The IG comments state it's Aurora. I wonder how Robyn feels about the IG pic? She's been really cautious about having her kids on social media, I think.

But then she lets them be on a TV show?  I generally hate social media but I don't see how having pictures on IG is somehow more invasive than letting her be on TV.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

It is Aurora, she’s 17 now and wearing make up. Looks like more Brown damage control to insist she still hangs out with the other kids and has a relationship with them if you ask me. But Robyn’s kids don’t count Meri, it’s always been painfully obvious they are favored by you. Looks like much of the family was there at the concert. Gwen has a pic of her and Ysabel and Christine there too. Meri’s acting like it’s a date with Aurora. Happy fambily 🙄

I can see inter-office fambily memos flying amongst them:

Dear Sister Wives 1-3:

Please adjust social media postings and followings accordingly so we present as a united fambily.  Also, please include 1-3 shills for whatever subpar product you are pushing this week.  Bonus time with the Kodster can be earned by: complimenting Kootie’s hair, physique, manliness or some combination of the aforementioned, Explaining how we escaped persecution and possible jell time, or securing a line of credit.  Please note Wife 4 is exempt because....well... because.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I can see inter-office fambily memos flying amongst them:

Dear Sister Wives 1-3:

Please adjust social media postings and followings accordingly so we present as a united fambily.  Also, please include 1-3 shills for whatever subpar product you are pushing this week.  Bonus time with the Kodster can be earned by: complimenting Kootie’s hair, physique, manliness or some combination of the aforementioned, Explaining how we escaped persecution and possible jell time, securing a line of credit, naming a grandchild after me, being a male child or any of wife #4’s - Mid-pack forgotten daughters may gain favor by presenting me with a huntin’ shootin’ fishin’ manly son-in-law type.  Please note Wife 4 is exempt because....well... because.  

I love this!! Just added a bit more in bold to it, that I fill may have also been in the fambily agenda memos. What’s the bet he also did a powerpoint presentation meeting about ‘presenting a united front on social media to secure TLC income’ similar to the Flagstaff move one? 😉 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
My bad spellingk
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

But then she lets them be on a TV show? 

$$$$$$

No money from IG, at least until she starts shilling something.  I bet that's the criteria from Stealth Wifey - if it ain't paying, you ain't playing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

But then she lets them be on a TV show?  I generally hate social media but I don't see how having pictures on IG is somehow more invasive than letting her be on TV.

Based on comments by various Browns i get the idea that they differentiate the show (which i know Meri, at least, has inferred is NOT the same as their actual life) from what goes on in social media. Do Robyn's older kids even have SM accounts? I don't watch the show so I don't know how often her older kids are on. Since the adoption, have their been any plot lines involving the three olders or are they just kind of in the background? I know that purportedly they moved to Flagstaff for Dayton's college. 

Besides that, the show is their source of income. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

She seems so pleased with herself and her "worldly" travels.

How is she selling LLR and making income? When she first started selling she did pop-ups but that doesn't seem to be the case now. It's like she's visiting her fair weather LLR pals. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C3B0CD6E-235B-4120-87AB-725A2808195D.jpeg

“Home”: it’s just a place to restock for her next trip. She hates Flagstaff. 

And all that driving she does—good thing she has stretchy LLNo leggings for her butt to continue to expand in. 

#NoReallyItsASmall #FlagstaffFashionAintGonnaHappen 

• LOL 19

Oh Meri, Meri....quite contrary.

You really are just a pathetic, self-absorbed, and overplayed thespian, now aren't you? Actually, she is the understudy but don't inform Meri of that.  

Confession: I have not watched this shit show in several years. Life is far too precious for that. But, I do read here and my very favorite thing is to see her IG pics. Oh, they really are glorious, don't you agree?

I need this humor in my life. I need to see her hideously gorgeous outfits, her stinky head of hair and her foot gear. But Meri wanted all the attention, she created her own buzz (albeit negative) and clearly is not sure how to handle said attention. I'm OK with that. If your make YOUR business MY business, then so be it.  Keep it comin', Mer Bear. Because Meri and her odoriferous daughter are just the best way to keep my work day entertaining. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C3B0CD6E-235B-4120-87AB-725A2808195D.jpeg

Another "gonna fetch my hose" type of post - referring to yourself as if someone else is writing your caption for you.  "This girl?"  Shut up, Meri.  And why does she need to do all of this traveling?  Is she dropping orders off, or delivering leggings to her downline minions?  Doing FB shows with other "consultants?"  Part of me fills like she just picks a random spot on a map and drives there "#because she can."  And the other wives can't.  And she needs them to know that she can.  And to pathetically attempt to make Kody jealous.  Etc.

Regarding that picture of Meri and Aurora, I had to laugh at some of the comments - people asking her, "which daughter of yours is that, Meri?"  And "wow, cannot believe how much you two look alike!"  Not sure how anyone could be a follower of Meri Brown and NOT know that she only has the one Snowflake, but - okay.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Oh Meri, Meri....quite contrary.

You really are just a pathetic, self-absorbed, and overplayed thespian, now aren't you? Actually, she is the understudy but don't inform Meri of that.  

Confession: I have not watched this shit show in several years. Life is far too precious for that. But, I do read here and my very favorite thing is to see her IG pics. Oh, they really are glorious, don't you agree?

I need this humor in my life. I need to see her hideously gorgeous outfits, her stinky head of hair and her foot gear. But Meri wanted all the attention, she created her own buzz (albeit negative) and clearly is not sure how to handle said attention. I'm OK with that. If your make YOUR business MY business, then so be it.  Keep it comin', Mer Bear. Because Meri and her odoriferous daughter are just the best way to keep my work day entertaining. 

Preach!  Love this!

(grabs lawn chair and hose)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Even though Breanna is a mini-Robyn in looks (including the chin), she is turning into a beautiful young woman.  I never saw the strong resemblance before.

Funny how Robyn erased her ex, re-claimed her cookies and finagled herself into Exalted Wife status, yet her three children from her first marriage seem to be flying under the radar.  If any Brown kid was going to be posting insufferable daily images of her avocado toast, I'd have thought it would be Aurora.  Maybe there's hope for the Jessop kids yet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Even though Breanna is a mini-Robyn in looks (including the chin), she is turning into a beautiful young woman.  I never saw the strong resemblance before.

Funny how Robyn erased her ex, re-claimed her cookies and finagled herself into Exalted Wife status, yet her three children from her first marriage seem to be flying under the radar.  If any Brown kid was going to be posting insufferable daily images of her avocado toast, I'd have thought it would be Aurora.  Maybe there's hope for the Jessop kids yet.

I appreciate how Aurora states right out that she won't accept follow requests from SW fans (which basically means no one she doesn't know already).

It seems to me that they might be weary of the constant attention brought to them through the show. 

• Love 13

Supposedly the reasoning was that if something happened to Robyn, Kody would get her kids from her first marriage.  But if I recall, there was never any indication that the bio dad of Dayton, Aurora and Brianne ever signed away his parental rights.  

But the bottom line is that stealth-mode Robyn wanted to get Kody on paper as her legal husband, which involved Meri having a nervous breakdown while relinquishing her marriage license, as a pretend-sobbin'- Robyn looked on, sporting her best frowny-sad-eye-booger face.  Shortly after that, Robyn and Kody went to Hawaii, I believe.

Do I have this right?  It's been awhile.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Supposedly the reasoning was that if something happened to Robyn, Kody would get her kids from her first marriage.  But if I recall, there was never any indication that the bio dad of Dayton, Aurora and Brianne ever signed away his parental rights.  

But the bottom line is that stealth-mode Robyn wanted to get Kody on paper as her legal husband, which involved Meri having a nervous breakdown while relinquishing her marriage license, as a pretend-sobbin'- Robyn looked on, sporting her best frowny-sad-eye-booger face.  Shortly after that, Robyn and Kody went to Hawaii, I believe.

Do I have this right?  It's been awhile.

I still think the adoption didn't really happen and it was all a faux plot line.  Used as a "reason" for the divorce and remarriage, because even though Meri had her FRAMED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE prominently displayed in her bedroom, they would always say that the legal marriage didn't mean bubkis. 

Remember that right afterwards, the three kids went to spend a few weeks with their biodad and seemed to have had a great time? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I still think the adoption didn't really happen and it was all a faux plot line. 

Remember that right afterwards, the three kids went to spend a few weeks with their biodad and seemed to have had a great time? 

I do remember that, but I couldn't recall if that happened before or after the entire Brown Clown Posse along with their cousins and friends and other various randoms herded into a courtroom where a wanna be reality star judge proclaimed the Jessop kids official Brownies.

When Robyn says "we all shoulda been together from Day One," she leaves off the part where she says "and I had a three year, 17-point plan to make it so."

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

It seems to me that they might be weary of the constant attention brought to them through the show. 

That ooky old attention is the price they paid for getting out of a single-wide in Montana.

Boo freakin' hoo.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, suomi said:

That ooky old attention is the price they paid for getting out of a single-wide in Montana.

Boo freakin' hoo.

I hear you, but Robyn's children had no say in the matter. They were so little, and probably thrilled at first to be getting an upgrade, but I'm wondering how well they actually get along with the other kids when they aren't filming.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I do remember that, but I couldn't recall if that happened before or after the entire Brown Clown Posse along with their cousins and friends and other various randoms herded into a courtroom where a wanna be reality star judge proclaimed the Jessop kids official Brownies.

When Robyn says "we all shoulda been together from Day One," she leaves off the part where she says "and I had a three year, 17-point plan to make it so."

I do think the courtroom scene was re-enacted but possibly the adoption did take place, Aurora is using the surname Brown.

As Dakota Justice reminded us, the kids returned from a visit with the "Virtue Thief" almost immediately after the adoption and declared that they "had an AMAZING time".

One theory put forward is that the bio. father relinquished his parental rights in exchange for arrears in child support forgiven, another was that adoption was the only way that Kody could cover them under a health plan (that one seems implausible to me).

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 8/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, DakotaJustice said:

they'd be on the "Whatever happened to..." clickbait list at the bottom of this page along with Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods, Alan Sues, and the DeFranco Family.

Whoa, @DakotaJustice.  You can hate the Browns all you want.  Don't you DARE compare the DeFranco Family to the Browns!!!!  

The could sing, dance, and I had a huge poster of Tony on my bedroom wall torn right out of my Tiger Beat magazine.   No one will ever have a poster of Meri on their wall.  Well, except for maybe Jackie Overton.

Edited by Xena
There is no 'y' at the end of ever
  • LOL 13

The interesting thing is that we have never heard one peep from bio dad.  I've always wondered why that is.  I would think he and his family (the almighty Jessops) would certainly watch SW to keep an eye out for what Robyn might say about them.  The fact that she superimposed a young Kody in that terrifying "portrait," essentially erasing her first husband as her kids' dad - and yet, nothing from Jessop - is certainly interesting.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The interesting thing is that we have never heard one peep from bio dad.  I've always wondered why that is.  I would think he and his family (the almighty Jessops) would certainly watch SW to keep an eye out for what Robyn might say about them. 

Some of his family did post on The Sister Wives Blog back in the day. Basically said Robyn was full of shit and an opportunist. They are the ones that said David Preston was off-grid and kept to himself.

I WAS surprised when there wan't a peep out of anyone after the Cookies Lecture. But then again, the plyg community is fairly quiet and maybe they just didn't think it was worth having a public battle with a whacko.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, Xena said:

Whoa, @DakotaJustice.  You can hate the Browns all you want.  Don't you DARE compare the DeFranco Family to the Browns!!!!  

The could sing, dance, and I had a huge poster of Tony on my bedroom wall torn right out of my Tiger Beat magazine.   No one will ever have a poster of Meri on their wall.  Well, except for maybe Jackie Overton.

OMG!  Total blast from the past.  I looked them up and besides those TOTALLY groovy outfits, I remember loving their song (Heartbeat) as a small kid!  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Xena said:

Oh I'm not making the comparison in terms of talent (I had those same Tiger Beat and 16 Magazine posters!) Just more like... Whatever DID happen to them? 

Yeah I could probably look them up. 😂 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I do think the courtroom scene was re-enacted but possibly the adoption did take place, Aurora is using the surname Brown.

As Dakota Justice reminded us, the kids returned from a visit with the "Virtue Thief" almost immediately after the adoption and declared that they "had an AMAZING time".

One theory put forward is that the bio. father relinquished his parental rights in exchange for arrears in child support forgiven, another was that adoption was the only way that Kody could cover them under a health plan (that one seems implausible to me).

Yeah, we'll never really know until after the shit show is over. 

It's no big deal to change last names, if bio dad wouldn't sign the required forms they could've just done that.  And they have to keep up the facade to keep that sweet sweet TLC money coming in right? 😌 

Bio dad did appear on the radar a couple years ago due to an arrest of some kind but the details never came out. I know we discussed here, probably on the robyn thread.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

OMG!  Total blast from the past.  I looked them up and besides those TOTALLY groovy outfits, I remember loving their song (Heartbeat) as a small kid!  

I had the single with the picture sleeve!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, we'll never really know until after the shit show is over. 

It's no big deal to change last names, if bio dad wouldn't sign the required forms they could've just done that.  And they have to keep up the facade to keep that sweet sweet TLC money coming in right? 😌 

Bio dad did appear on the radar a couple years ago due to an arrest of some kind but the details never came out. I know we discussed here, probably on the robyn thread.

I had the single with the picture sleeve!

LUCKY!!!!  I remember thinking he was dreamy.  Not as dreamy as Nigel Olsson (Elton John's drummer) who was my 1st crush but dreamy none the less.  HA!

• Love 5

As Janelle, Christine and Robyn (before the legal marriage) well know, it's not that hard to legally change one's name without any of those insignificant legal details . . . like marriages and "adoptions."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

LUCKY!!!!  I remember thinking he was dreamy.  Not as dreamy as Nigel Olsson (Elton John's drummer) who was my 1st crush but dreamy none the less.  HA!

If only we had all our toys and things from our younger days. We'd make a fortune on eBay! 

Btw totes off topic you just reminded me of the documentary on the Cowsills that I saw on Netflix recently. 🤔

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

If only we had all our toys and things from our younger days. We'd make a fortune on eBay! 

Btw totes off topic you just reminded me of the documentary on the Cowsills that I saw on Netflix recently. 🤔

My sister saw that and told me about it.  Thanks for the reminder!

• Love 2

If the states in question are anything like California, just giving up your parental rights won't eliminate past due child support. 

Found this: 

https://legalbeagle.com/13655509-do-i-still-have-to-pay-child-support-if-i-sign-over-my-paternity-rights.html

If you owe back child support, you are said to be in arrears. Even if a court grants your request to surrender your parental rights, you will still responsible for any back child support, or arrears, that accrued before the surrender. State laws can vary, but this law may apply even if you didn't know you had a child until the child was older. For example, you might suddenly discover you have a 16-year-old son. Your son's mother sues you for back child support. Depending on your state -- Texas for example -- you might have to pay back at least four years' worth of support, even if you can prove you didn't know you had a child. If your son's mother can prove you knew for a certain number of years that you had a child, a court can order back child support for all those years. This obligation doesn't go away simply by surrendering your rights.

• Useful 5

Yeah there were lots of theories floating around but bottom line is that it was all for ratings.  Personally I highly doubt it had anything to do with insurance because the superparents don't appear to have any.  We pretty much all agreed that the adoption scene must have been in a rented courtroom because there isn't one (outside of Judy Judy and her cronies) that allow filming in a real courtroom.  And the whole child support thing could have been a bushel of BS especially since biodad has always shied away from the media so cannot defend himself.  

I agree it was all a FU to Meri.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

How is she selling LLR and making income? When she first started selling she did pop-ups but that doesn't seem to be the case now. It's like she's visiting her fair weather LLR pals. 

She’s making money because she has enough sycophant gullible sellers under her now to not have sell as much herself. She’s a ‘trainer’ in the pyramid (which means high up). She likely can live off the sales of her downline comfortably at this point, and her main job now is swanning around to their locations and cracking the whip on THEM to sell, sell, sell! to send that money up the pyramid to her. 

Also note to old Mare, (as I know you read here). While you ARE mentally twelve, 🚨spoiler alert 🚨 you’re actually 48 years old. Referring to yourself as a ‘girl’ all the time, is sad and desperate. That ship has long sailed love, you’re a middle-aged woman, let’s try act like it now huh? Good chat. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Extra message to old Mare
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She looks like a psychotic Mary Poppins, or a crazy ass bag lady. 

Haha!! I thought she looked like a crazed Eliza Doolittle;   she needs to meet a Henry Higgins for a do-over.    These people take terrible pictures--I am especially thinking of that picture of Mykelti I saw yesterday where she looks 45 or 50.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I saw the documentary on Amazon Video a few months ago.  Worth watching for us 60's-70's music relics.

Yeah Meri, how does it fill to make money you don't have to lift a finger for?  How many of your "downline" are secretly cussing you out for signing them up to sell that trashy looking shit?  

Meri has no shame.  And that's a horrible picture above.  That hat makes your bonus son-in-law's mother's creation look great, compared to the plastic-looking piece of garbage on your head now.  

#yourhashtagsarebullshit

• LOL 1
  • Love 5