Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

The little knot thing...honestly so ridiculous. What is the point? Why not just buy (or model) the correct friggen size T-shirt, so you don’t have to look like you’re sporting a tiny little strap-on penis?

Even worse than the knotted T-shirts are the dresses with a knot at the hemline and worst of all are the duster/long coat things they wear over the clothes with two knots at the hemline, one on each side of the opening.  The only plausible explanation I can think of for this fashion abomination is that the fabric is so flimsy and constructed without proper hems, that without the knot(s) the fabric would droop and sag.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The little knot thing...honestly so ridiculous. What is the point? Why not just buy (or model) the correct friggen size T-shirt, so you don’t have to look like you’re sporting a tiny little strap-on penis?

After being married to Kody, I’m sure a tiny penis seems very familiar. 

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Even worse than the knotted T-shirts are the dresses with a knot at the hemline and worst of all are the duster/long coat things they wear over the clothes with two knots at the hemline, one on each side of the opening.  The only plausible explanation I can think of for this fashion abomination is that the fabric is so flimsy and constructed without proper hems, that without the knot(s) the fabric would droop and sag.

I believe that is exactly why they do it.  If you look at some of the pictures other people post almost all the hems are wonky.  So is Meri supposedly keeping these shirts or is she just stretching out the hems with her little knots and then selling them?  It's bad enough this crap falls apart just by looking at it but imagine if you actually ordered something and it was obviously worn - even if you are just putting it on to model it you're still stretching the fabric with those knots.

• Love 6

I need an answer to this question too - do LLN consultants keep the clothes that they model or do they repackage them and sell them?  They can't possibly keep all of those clothes, they'd have to knock down a wall or two to build a closet big enough to hang all that crap.  Yet the alternative - receiving a t-shirt that has been stretched with a knot and pre-worn (and likely not washed, and I'm not being snarky but I honestly can't see any consultant spending time washing a garment that they've only worn for a photo, even though they should) is also not an ideal way to get a "new" LLN shirt.  

Are there any published rules for what's involved in being a LLN consultant, or is it top-secret until you sign away your life on the dotted line?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I need an answer to this question too - do LLN consultants keep the clothes that they model or do they repackage them and sell them?  They can't possibly keep all of those clothes, they'd have to knock down a wall or two to build a closet big enough to hang all that crap.  Yet the alternative - receiving a t-shirt that has been stretched with a knot and pre-worn (and likely not washed, and I'm not being snarky but I honestly can't see any consultant spending time washing a garment that they've only worn for a photo, even though they should) is also not an ideal way to get a "new" LLN shirt.  

Are there any published rules for what's involved in being a LLN consultant, or is it top-secret until you sign away your life on the dotted line?

This!

I'd also love to know if they sell all the clothes they are modeling for pics.

NOBODY wants a pair of jeans that Fat Tony pranced around in for the camera and I really doubt that he kept those skin tight pants for himself.  😲

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2019 at 10:25 AM, DaphneCat said:

The sad thing is, this is one of her "better" outfits.  I'm not saying it fits well or is flattering on her, but at least it consists of pieces normal people would put together (plain jeans with a t-shirt.)  This would not be hideous if she was wearing a pair of jeans with a little extra room in them and she probably should not go with the skinny jean silhouette.

yeah, normal people wear blue and black items together unlike that horrid mess she had on earlier with the print skirt and the horizontal striped t-shirt and vest (I think I recall it correctly, but I don't have the energy to look at it again, besides I don't think my eyes can take it).  What is that around her neck?   A fringe for a neckline on the blue shirt or an awful necklace? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

What is that around her neck?   A fringe for a neckline on the blue shirt or an awful necklace? 

I zoomed in and it looks like it could be leather cut into strips and fashioned into a necklace or whatever you'd call it.  😂

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I zoomed in and it looks like it could be leather cut into strips and fashioned into a necklace or whatever you'd call it.  😂

Now that SWCloset appears to be defunct, maybe from not paying their suppliers, Robyn is busy in her workshop piecing together avant-garde designs from scraps she found in bins at Jo-Anne Fabrics.

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

NOBODY wants a pair of jeans that Fat Tony pranced around in for the camera and I really doubt that he kept those skin tight pants for himself.  😲

HAHA🤣.  My hope is that everyone washes all new clothing before wearing.  You never know who has been prancing around in them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

HAHA🤣.  My hope is that everyone washes all new clothing before wearing.  You never know who has been prancing around in them.

but they fall apart after one washing, if they last that long

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

No worries, I'm sure Mykelti still has boxes upon boxes of crappy ass jeans left.

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Ewwwww.....cooties!

I bet those pants instantly smelt like stale sweat, Mexican spice mix and general lethargy. 

Pity the unsuspecting recipient who receives that pre-worn pair.

• LOL 7
54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think they're designed to start disintegrating while in the mail on their way to Joan in BFE, Idaho.

In the spirit of 'never too old to learn', you sent me to my friend, Google to interpret BFE.

Thanks for this laurakaye, another little bon mot I can toss into a conversation to impress my grandkids. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Wait, so you guys don't love the smell of street taco's on your leggings ? The leggings are called "The Tony"... scratch & Sniff. Available for a limited time

image.png

Hahaha!  I want to see FT and Meri model these!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

In the spirit of 'never too old to learn', you sent me to my friend, Google to interpret BFE.

Thanks for this laurakaye, another little bon mot I can toss into a conversation to impress my grandkids. 

Hahaha, I think "BFE" is older than any of us on this thread, to be honest - I've heard it my whole life!  Maybe it's a midwest thing?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 11:01 AM, Kohola3 said:

She looks ginormous in that hideous get up.  I know the camera adds 10 pounds but yeesh.

Notice the camera angles have gotten higher and further. That's always my favorite trick to looking thinner, shot from on high. Her shots are now practically over her head!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2019 at 1:37 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Divorce was first, then Sam came along a few months later.

Those jeans are unbelievable. Having recently gained 20 pounds due to medication, I am very aware of how things cling to me. I'm smart enough to know that skinny jeans are a no-no. Meri is all hip-and-thigh in those jeans.

If I'm remembering correctly, her divorce was around September--she was pretty devastated, so much so that on the day of signing the papers when Kody came to get her, she was actually clinging, leaning heavily against the wall on the way out of her house, while relentless Kody was dragging her out by her elbow--then Kody and Robyn went on their second honeymoon to Hawaya (tm Mama's Family) in December, then she hooked up with her Billionaire-in-short-sleeve-dress-shirt-ALA-Dwight-Shrute late February/early March. Weren't the flowers he sent her for Easter? Ugh. The whole thing so cringy from soup to nuts. Just a hot mess, the whole lot of them.

• Love 10
On 8/26/2019 at 2:21 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think her cousin wrote up the mortgage per se. It looks like they used standard forms. I was taken aback about the lender being Stearns which is what's left of Bear Stearns of 2008 housing bubble infamy (see The Big Short).

Also, to me, it clearly reads that you are buying the property for your own personal use, not to use as a business.  But I'm not an attorney.  Clearly the lienholder was just after the business and could care less about the rider. Stearns...

It's just a mortgage that states the loan is for a second home not a business because the bank wants to make sure you pay the mortgage on time every month, and not have it be contingent on how well the business is doing. In other words, they want to make sure you can cover the mortgage with your finances independently of having rental income. Meri probably wouldn't have gotten the loan if she applied for it as a B&B/business loan because she cannot guarantee a regular business income flow monthly. This way, she's more on the hook for the monthly payments. It protects the bank. And also, they don't care if you live in it full time or not. (Full time vs. part time residence really pertains to where you file your taxes, as taxes vary from state to state- something Martha Stewart got into trouble for. She filed in a lower taxed state but didn't live there the required number of days for it to be her permanent address). It's actually standard for people wanting to invest in a vacation rental/airbb. They just apply for a second home mortgage, not a business mortgage and take the chance they will get constant renters. It's a risk, but can pay off in the right market. You put down the minimum down payment and the renters pay the mortgage.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

If I'm remembering correctly, her divorce was around September--she was pretty devastated, so much so that on the day of signing the papers when Kody came to get her, she was actually clinging, leaning heavily against the wall on the way out of her house, while relentless Kody was dragging her out by her elbow--then Kody and Robyn went on their second honeymoon to Hawaya (tm Mama's Family) in December, then she hooked up with her Billionaire-in-short-sleeve-dress-shirt-ALA-Dwight-Shrute late February/early March. Weren't the flowers he sent her for Easter? Ugh. The whole thing so cringy from soup to nuts. Just a hot mess, the whole lot of them.

I remember the timeline well. 

Sept - Meri is induced to file for divorce (and demonstrated by her reaction that yes, the legal marriage is a huge dill!!) 

Dec - after divorce is final Kody and Robyn quietly get married and honeymoon in Hawaii. Meri throws herself back into selling LIV and goes on a LIV cruise. After she gets back she starts doing all those MLM LIV parties and get togethers (I remember one in Arizona at some restaurant where apparently no one showed up except the wait staff).

In January, she has a LIV party at her house. I don't know how many people actually showed up but I do know at least two people did: Overton and the chick she was catfishing at the time, named Stacey who like Meri was taken in by Overton's "Sam" 

https://justiceforvictimsofjackiecatfish.wordpress.com/2015/09/24/one-on-on-interview-with-a-previous-jackiecatfish-victim-staceys-story/

At the end of Feb/beginning of March "Sam" reached out to Meri, and it all started in front of a Twitter audience. Even though people were telling Meri it was bullshit, she wouldn't listen and here we are.

http://bullshitbookclub.blogspot.com/2016/01/welcome.html

6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

It's just a mortgage that states the loan is for a second home not a business because the bank wants to make sure you pay the mortgage on time every month, and not have it be contingent on how well the business is doing. In other words, they want to make sure you can cover the mortgage with your finances independently of having rental income. Meri probably wouldn't have gotten the loan if she applied for it as a B&B/business loan because she cannot guarantee a regular business income flow monthly. This way, she's more on the hook for the monthly payments. It protects the bank. It's actually standard for people wanting to buy a second home to use a a vacation rental/airbb. They just apply for a second home mortgage, not a business mortgage. 

Thank you! I've never bought real estate before so I don't know all the fine points.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Thanks for reminding me of one of my all-time favorite images of the whole debacle.  When the info about J.O. became public, I was all over the text messages like a fruit fly on a rotten banana.  When "Sam" described what he would be wearing so she could identify him at Disney, the sartorial splendor he would be present in was a short-sleeved dress shirt with tie, Bermuda length shorts, knee socks, and oxford shoes, all this topped off with a jaunty fedora.  Exactly what one may expect a mega-millionaire to wear while conducting a tryst a Disney, of all places.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

She was divorced when she started her online, emotional affair--however in THEIR world, she was very much married, like Christine and  Janelle consider themselves married. In fact, they are smugly "more married" than the rest of us because their marriages aren't dependent on "a piece of paper"! (Yeah right, a piece of paper that Meri had framed and hanging on her wall FOR YEARS! Who DOES that?? Oh! I know, someone who want that piece of paper front-and-center for the rest of the fools to bow down to). I judge her as a cheater by HER rules, not mine.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks for reminding me of one of my all-time favorite images of the whole debacle.  When the info about J.O. became public, I was all over the text messages like a fruit fly on a rotten banana.  When "Sam" described what he would be wearing so she could identify him at Disney, the sartorial splendor he would be present in was a short-sleeved dress shirt with tie, Bermuda length shorts, knee socks, and oxford shoes, all this topped off with a jaunty fedora.  Exactly what one may expect a mega-millionaire to wear while conducting a tryst a Disney, of all places.

It just doesn't get better than that. Lolololol! I mean, who wouldn't fall for that, right? WITH TIE!! WTF?? Lololololol!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

It just doesn't get better than that. Lolololol! I mean, who wouldn't fall for that, right? WITH TIE!! WTF?? Lololololol!

I embellished it a bit in my imagination and envisioned a plastic pen protector in the shirt pocket, with 3 Bic pens in various colors.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Now I'm reading the Bullshit Book Club blog. May it never be taken off the internet! 

The book that "Sam" wrote is primarily lies and bullshit but there's enough truth in there to figure out what actually happened. 

I'm guessing that Meri and Kody haven't been intimate since this all went down, if not before that. Of course she's going to act like they're still intimate, but it's pretty clear she has very little to do with the rest of the "family" unless there's filming going on.

• Love 10

Isn't BFF forever redundant?  I'm a COL, but I thought BFF stood for Best Friends Forever.

Also, whatever became of that other bestie, the woman that was a singer that performed as a Celine Dion impersonator in LV and Hawaii?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Isn't BFF forever redundant?  I'm a COL, but I thought BFF stood for Best Friends Forever.

Also, whatever became of that other bestie, the woman that was a singer that performed as a Celine Dion impersonator in LV and Hawaii?

She probably declined when Meri tried to add her to her LLR downline. 😳

Meri seems to be into Fair Weather Friendship. As soon as she's done with LLR, all these BFFs will vanish into the ether. 

• Love 12

BTW... my suspicion is that Meri put up her Vegas house as collateral when she applied for the B&B. She has since sold said Vegas property. Now, the cash from the sale of that house was probably given to Kody, who probably folded it into his LLC for any future Mega Compound (along with any other income made off those sales). Therefore, there is  no more collateral for the B&B bank to go after if Meri can't book her Vouge Weddings and starts defaulting on her mortgage. So the bank will get screwed. Again. The Browns are many things, but I wouldn't say stupid. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

BTW... my suspicion is that Meri put up her AZ house as collateral when she applied for the B&B. She has since sold said AZ property. Now, the cash from the sale of that house was probably given to Kody, who probably folded it into his LLC for any future Mega Compound (along with any other income made off those sales). Therefore, there is  no more collateral for the B&B bank to go after if Meri can't book her Vouge Weddings and starts defaulting on her mortgage. So the bank will get screwed. Again. The Browns are many things, but I wouldn't say stupid. 

I think she is/was only renting the Flagstaff house. At any rate she bought the B&B in Oct 2017, they didn't move to AZ until 2018. 

My theory is that the down payment came from her mom after she sold her house.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think she is/was only renting the Flagstaff house. At any rate she bought the B&B in Oct 2017, they didn't move to AZ until 2018. 

My theory is that the down payment came from her mom after she sold her house.

Sorry! I meant Vegas house!

• Love 4

Quick question re: the Meri/Kodi divorce.  Did Kodi and/or Robyn do anything special to acknowledge Meri's "sacrifice?"  I'm a spotty viewer, and didn't watch the show during that time.

If not, man, that Hawaii honeymoon must have been like pouring salt on the wound that was left by the slap in the face.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Quick question re: the Meri/Kodi divorce.  Did Kodi and/or Robyn do anything special to acknowledge Meri's "sacrifice?"  I'm a spotty viewer, and didn't watch the show during that time.

If not, man, that Hawaii honeymoon must have been like pouring salt on the wound that was left by the slap in the face.

The only acknowledgment that I recall was Robyn "supportively" accompanying Meri and Kody to the lawyers office to sign documents.  She sat there with her jaw set firmly in place while Meri wailed, "what about you (Kody) still on title to my house".  Kody dismissed her concern with a flippant "that will be looked after in a will".  

If Meri was a true adherent to the tenets of her faith, the change in legal status should not have caused her the anguish it did. 

The Hawaiian Honeymoon was indeed salt in the wound and I recall a bitch session around a campfire where the 3 Cinderellas all voiced their displeasure.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri seems to be into Fair Weather Friendship. As soon as she's done with LLR, all these BFFs will vanish into the ether. 

I totally agree. To me, she is selfish. She wanted 40K from the family to start her B&B and yet did not want them to have any say in the matter. I wonder if she forks over some of her $ from Lulurot ? 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I embellished it a bit in my imagination and envisioned a plastic pen protector in the shirt pocket, with 3 Bic pens in various colors.

Or one of those Bic pens with 4 colours you can alternate.

4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

And she put a "best" in front of it - "best Best Friends Forever forever".  She needs to go to acronym school.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2019 at 12:03 AM, Sandy W said:

When "Sam" described what he would be wearing so she could identify him at Disney, the sartorial splendor he would be present in was a short-sleeved dress shirt with tie, Bermuda length shorts, knee socks, and oxford shoes, all this topped off with a jaunty fedora.  Exactly what one may expect a mega-millionaire to wear while conducting a tryst a Disney, of all places.

Wow! Low-key alright 😆 

What a pity she wasn’t deep in the Lularobbery scheme then, or she could have seen him in his jaunty fedora, dress shirt, tie, knee socks and Oxford shoes and raised him with her best mismatched striped tee, floral skirt, scarf, vest, smart watch and uggs.

They would have made such an inconspicuous pairing and been oh so subtle on their little theme park rendezvous.E3344DDC-6B6B-4798-BB37-5876E41F5CAF.jpeg.1a1b0fe52cc9d8bf36c1acc33184f146.jpeg

On 9/1/2019 at 12:37 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Exactly. That’s why this is so incredibly sad actually, as she’s obviously incredibly starved for adult affection and attention since her sister wives and ‘husband’ hate her, (not saying it’s not deservedly) so she clings onto the ‘sisterhood’ of the Pyramid where they all kiss each other’s bums to make more money, but the minute this scheme crumbles her ‘best BFF’s’ are out of there on to the next. She’s left alone waiting for the show to film so Mariah comes to see her and she’s forced to interact with the family.

It’s been said a thousand times but this lifestyle is not for Meri. She’s too domineering and controlling to go with the sister wife flow and too bitter, uninvolved and unlikable to establish relationships with the children (that aren’t hers). There’s what? like 19 hundred people in that family and she can’t fulfil her desire for company from within, with anyone except Mariah? Just leave already woman. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Proofread
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, VegasVixen said:

What's up with her one eyebrow? It looks like half of it got smudged off! 

At least that answers our question about whether she had microblading or tattoos.  She must have drawn them on with poo-coloured sidewalk chalk.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, VegasVixen said:

What's up with her one eyebrow? It looks like half of it got smudged off! 

Two options here - 

1) She filtered and face tuned her eyebrow into obscurity while trying to delete her wrinkles

2) She was pissed about not being invited to Maddie’s birth again and had her usual ugly adult tantrum, later when inadvertently wiping her eye boggers and plotting revenge, she accidentally went too high and smudged the handiwork she had drawn on earlier with Areola’s brown crayon; she then didn’t bother to check herself before posting a dig photo aimed at all the other Brown’s, by declaring a random person in her pyramid scheme her ‘fav person eva!’ 

FYI haters, she didn’t bother to check her eyebrow because she loves herself just the way she is, brown tooth, mismatched clothes, MLM, half an eyebrow and all, so it’s all ok. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Bit more snark came out
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Two options here - 

1) She filtered and face tuned her eyebrow into obscurity while trying to delete her wrinkles

2) She was pissed about not being invited to Maddie’s birth again and had her usual ugly adult tantrum, later when inadvertently wiping her eye boggers and plotting revenge, she accidentally went too high and smudged the handiwork she had drawn on earlier with Areola’s brown crayon; she then didn’t bother to check herself before posting a dig photo aimed at all the other Brown’s, by declaring a random person in her pyramid scheme her ‘fav person eva!’ 

FYI haters, she didn’t bother to check her eyebrow because she loves herself just the way she is, brown tooth, mismatched clothes, MLM, half an eyebrow and all, so it’s all ok. 

I don't think she cares all that much about anything to do with Maddie and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think she cares all that much about anything to do with Maddie and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I’d say now that’s true, but they sure made a scene about it the first birth she missed. There was even a hostile special trip to Nancy the therapist regarding the topic if I recall (in their own separate cars naturally). 🙄

It will be interesting to see the next season play out as it really does appear on social media Meri’s completely checked out of family events. How can they possibly sell us the plyg family together dream, now it’s painfully obvious she’s never there except when filming requires. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Wow! Low-key alright 😆 

What a pity she wasn’t deep in the Lularobbery scheme then, or she could have seen him in his jaunty fedora, dress shirt, tie, knee socks and Oxford shoes and raised him with her best mismatched striped tee, floral skirt, scarf, vest, smart watch and uggs.

They would have made such an inconspicuous pairing and been oh so subtle on their little theme park rendezvous.

They would have been the couple walking around together as passersby did a 180 to look at them and wonder, "Are there no mirrors at their house/hotel room?  Do they think that looks good?  And how did Disney let them through the turnstile looking like that?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They would have been the couple walking around together as passersby did a 180 to look at them and wonder, "Are there no mirrors at their house/hotel room?  Do they think that looks good?  And how did Disney let them through the turnstile looking like that?"

And the odor as they mill about in that polyester rubbish, smelling like they just came off a trek from the John Muir Trail: #GetYourStinkOn

• LOL 7