Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Making sis don the ugly stuff and assume the prayer position is laying it on a bit thick, Mer.

And this family lived in California but never went to the coast? 🤔

That's what I was thinking. If memory serves, Meri was born in the Bay area and they must have still had connections here somewhere.

• Love 1

She was born in the oceanside city of Alameda on Alameda Island which is across the bay from San Francisco. No idea how long she lived there. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I saw a blog post from 2011: her grandmother's obituary. 

Joyce A Adams Osborn Evans, age 87, passed away Saturday, November 8, 2008, in Parowan, Utah. She was born October 31, 1921, Parowan Utah, to Will L and Lizzie Watson Adams.

"Joyce never established nor ran an orphanage like Mother Teresa, nor did she try to eradicate AIDS like Princess Diana, nor improve literacy like Barbara Bush, but she touched many lives, one by one, throughout her whole life. Much of the world may not know who Joyce Osborn Evans is, but those of us who knew her were touched by her love in countless ways."

Survived by husband Daniel Evans; children, Bill (Jone) Osborn, Manhattan Beach, CA, Bonnie Barber, Lehi, UT, Mimi (Marc) Lauper, Hacienda Heights, CA; thirteen grandchildren, thirty-four great-grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren; and brother, Karl (Karole) Adams, San Jose, CA.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, November 15, 2008, at 11:00 a.m. at the LDS Parowan 3rd Ward Chapel, South Main St, Parowan, UT. A visitation will be from 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. prior to the service, at the Chapel. Interment will take place at 3:00 p.m. in the St. George City Cemetery, St. George, UT.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Joyce Adams Osborn Evans Memorial Fund, Utah Shakespearean Festival (435) 586-7880.

[Source: Deseret News]

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/first-wife-meri-barber-brown-sister.html

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, suomi said:

She was born in the oceanside city of Alameda on Alameda Island which is across the bay from San Francisco. No idea how long she lived there. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I saw a blog post from 2011: her grandmother's obituary. 

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/first-wife-meri-barber-brown-sister.html

I have an Ancestry subscription, and it appears that Meri's dad grew up in the Bay Area. 

Her dad's younger brother was born in SF in 1949 and passed away in Oakland in 1986. 

Meri had a younger sister who was born in Hayward in 1973 so they were still here at that time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Okay so I think there's a fence or a tree that she sets her phone on to take those pix using the timer. She always looks like she's about 4'10" tall. 

And I had to laugh at some of the ass kissing about the fruit bowl. I mean, it's cut up fruit but you'd think they were the French Laundry from some of the comments. (That said, right now in my area fresh summer fruit is plentiful and cheap.)

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6

I don't understand what she's doing.  So the dog visited her in Flagstaff for, what - a week?  And it appears that she is driving him all the way back to Chicago and then driving herself back to Flagstaff?  How odd.  Unless she "borrowed" the dog as an excuse to come back to Chicago to see Mariah, much like she wanted to "borrow" Sol as a buffer when she and Mariah were fighting.  That would make sense but gee, why not rescue both dogs for a week of outdoor exercise and fresh air that doesn't smell like unwashed hair and sweat?

#FreeKoda

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't understand what she's doing.  So the dog visited her in Flagstaff for, what - a week?  And it appears that she is driving him all the way back to Chicago and then driving herself back to Flagstaff?  How odd.  Unless she "borrowed" the dog as an excuse to come back to Chicago to see Mariah, much like she wanted to "borrow" Sol as a buffer when she and Mariah were fighting.  That would make sense but gee, why not rescue both dogs for a week of outdoor exercise and fresh air that doesn't smell like unwashed hair and sweat?

#FreeKoda

It seems that Pudge and Sludge are spending some "much needed" vacay time in SLC with Koda, the other dog. If they were reasonably clear-thinking people, Meri would drive to meet up with them in SLC to reunite the hogs and dogs and the 4 could fly home together.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It seems that Pudge and Sludge are spending some "much needed" vacay time in SLC with Koda, the other dog. If they were reasonably clear-thinking people, Meri would drive to meet up with them in SLC to reunite the hogs and dogs and the 4 could fly home together.

Hogs and dogs!  I love you Sandy.

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

She has nothing better to do.

But see?  SOMEBODY loves me!  Kootie stays away, but I have little Mosby to cuddle up with.  

Those freaking hashtags are pissing me off.  Jeez, Meri, you're looking more pathetic.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

reunite the hogs and dogs and the 4 could fly home together.

But Pudge/Meri would have to pay to fly the dogs now that their fake ESA status has been revealed to all airlines.  I guess Meri just wants to spend time with what may be her only grandchild.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Is that the stained "ghost chair" that was in the upstairs hallway when they first toured the Inn?

Given Mosby's reputation for nervous peeing when in a strange place, that chair may be a candidate for the dumpster when they leave.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, spazchic said:

I am not as sure as radar online is that this means what they think it means.  

I wouldn't believe radar online if they told me the sky was blue.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

So is this implying that pets are welcome or is it just HER pets?

12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I wouldn't believe radar online if they told me the sky was blue.

Radar Online appears to base their “scoops” on instagram combined with discussions on forums, including this one and Reddit.

• Love 3

Oh, that Meri is such a tease!  She releases these provocative little postings, such as this and the other a few weeks ago, posing with a family friend, alluding to a new relationship.  She's just being a good soldier in the battle to keep a level of interest for the new season they fought so desperately to achieve.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

So is this implying that pets are welcome or is it just HER pets?

Radar Online appears to base their “scoops” on instagram combined with discussions on forums, including this one and Reddit.

I can tell you for a fact they read this forum. I went to Janelle's open house when she had an open house a year or so ago and posted about it.  It was Christine's house.  Radar reached out to me a few weeks later to ask if they could use some of the info on my post.  I thought about responding for a couple of days.  I also reached out to a fellow poster (with whom I'm friends offline) to see what she thought.  She thought it was a bad idea.  Curiosity got the better of me though so I responded back to Radar.  They came back and asked if I had any proof of my story, such as pictures.  I told them no, which was the truth.  Janelle didn't have any materials, not even a business card.  I never heard back from them.  But interesting though is l did have her cell number because you had to call to get the gate code and she answered.  I've long since deleted it.  I didn't take any pictures because I thought that was creepy.  I don't remember which thread my post is in.  Sorry.

Anyway, that's my Radar story.  I've never posted about it before, so you heard it here first.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
On 8/8/2019 at 7:17 AM, laurakaye said:

#FreeKoda

At least grandma Meri, gets him pampered and looking like he should.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, toodles said:

I can tell you for a fact they read this forum. I went to Janelle's open house when she had an open house a year or so ago and posted about it.  It was Christine's house.  Radar reached out to me a few weeks later to ask if they could use some of the info on my post.  I thought about responding for a couple of days.  I also reached out to a fellow poster (with whom I'm friends offline) to see what she thought.  She thought it was a bad idea.  Curiosity got the better of me though so I responded back to Radar.  They came back and asked if I had any proof of my story, such as pictures.  I told them no, which was the truth.  Janelle didn't have any materials, not even a business card.  I never heard back from them.  But interesting though is l did have her cell number because you had to call to get the gate code and she answered.  I've long since deleted it.  I didn't take any pictures because I thought that was creepy.  I don't remember which thread my post is in.  Sorry.

Anyway, that's my Radar story.  I've never posted about it before, so you heard it here first.

Thank you! 

She didn't have any handouts? It's not like I spend time at open houses but don't they usually have a sheet or something?  

I'm with you, I would've been embarrassed to take photos especially if I was just being a lookey loo.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

So basically it's $50 to bring a pet. Thank you! 

$50? Oh sure, sure, except my dog is a (self-appointed) ESA Mare, so unfortunately for you, (based on the example set by your daughter), it will actually be staying free 😏 No extra funds will be given for my pet as it’s ESA and I’m speshial. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Thank you! 

She didn't have any handouts? It's not like I spend time at open houses but don't they usually have a sheet or something?  

I'm with you, I would've been embarrassed to take photos especially if I was just being a lookey loo.

Nope.  No cards, no flyers, nothing.  She stared at her phone the whole time.  She barely looked up when I left.  Some cracker jack real estate agent that Janelle is.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, toodles said:

Nope.  No cards, no flyers, nothing.  She stared at her phone the whole time.  She barely looked up when I left.  Some cracker jack real estate agent that Janelle is.

No surprise she's never sold anything. Any open house I've attended always had a smiley, perky, friendly Realtor and a fact sheet to take with. 

She doesn't have the personality to be a Realtor. I am guessing that whole thing was a mandate from the Lord High Prophet on Earth who had a calling from god his bank book that Janelle and  Christine should go for a license.

• Love 12

Oh Meri, Meri, Meri . . . These sound like the affirmation statements of someone who is trying to convince themselves that they are worthy of love.  

It’s not a bad thing to have a strong personality as a woman.  I’m a Taurus, and I have one myself (not that I really put any stock in astrological signs).  The thing is, if you do have a strong personality, you HAVE to be matched with the right life partner in order to thrive and be appreciated.  Unfortunately, that’s where it all goes horribly wrong for Meri.  The beginning years may have been great with Kodi and there may have been some happiness, but when the scenario changed, the bad fit made all the difference.

I know that Meri is bitchy and selfish, but if she had been matched with someone that complimented and challenged her, there’s no telling who Meri would be. I would be SO interested to see her matched with the right partner a few years in and see who that Meri was and if she were any more likeable.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Oh Meri, Meri, Meri . . . These sound like the affirmation statements of someone who is trying to convince themselves that they are worthy of love.  

It’s not a bad thing to have a strong personality as a woman.  I’m a Taurus, and I have one myself (not that I really put any stock in astrological signs).  The thing is, if you do have a strong personality, you HAVE to be matched with the right life partner in order to thrive and be appreciated.  Unfortunately, that’s where it all goes horribly wrong for Meri.  The beginning years may have been great with Kodi and there may have been some happiness, but when the scenario changed, the bad fit made all the difference.

I know that Meri is bitchy and selfish, but if she had been matched with someone that complimented and challenged her, there’s no telling who Meri would be. I would be SO interested to see her matched with the right partner a few years in and see who that Meri was and if she were any more likeable.

I agree and might be more forgiving towards her if she wasn't so deceptive and subversive about it. I get not taking crap from people and being blunt, but "capricorn" not a valid excuse for how she lashes out at people, even if they meant her no disrespect (that's where you stop and think before you type a nasty response online, Mer). 

Meri can get away with this for now due to her status as a tv personality. The sense of power one gets from an army of followers can make a person feel invincible and protected, like they can say whatever they want without repercussions. But hey, she's a capricorn so that makes it okay to be an asshole. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I feel like she has always been that way.  I have a friend who is like that and she was that way even as a small child.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I see Meri's photographic talents are the same as the rest of the fambly.  Non-existent.

Magical, indeed.

Exactly. 

That is an extremely average picture. Way too much shadow, bad composition and definitely nothing ‘magical’ about it. It may well have been a nice view in person, but the beauty of most things do not translate on camera if you’re an amateur photographer.  She needs to look up the definition of the word magical and realise it’s so arrogant, referring to her dud picture as such. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

61B64AFD-35F8-4CEA-96B8-FED6765C7260.jpeg

It makes me think of Meri's ribbon cutting opening of Lizzie's, and Kootie wouldn't even give her a hug when they were on the porch.  He must have caught hell from someone, because then on their tour of Prairie Dog Flats, he had an arm around her.  

Yeah, it's not a good photo.  

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, suomi said:

Brian Head is 20 minutes from Parowan and is the first destination on the 5-hour drive to Flagstaff.

20 minutes down the highway and it suddenly struck her...DANG!, I missed an opportunity to convey to my followers that I am not always "all dolled up", I too have casual hair days, just like the rest of ya.  Note the layers of eye makeup for a solo 5 hour car ride, but then, #LifeIsAnAdventure and who knows what awaits at the next rest stop on her Journey.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

She filtered the photo so much that her nose disappeared.

and I call bullshit on the "Strong woman" sobriquet for Miss Meri.  Just because you're a total loudmouth fishwife beyotch doesn't mean you're "strong".  It just means you're a bitch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10