Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 9/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, neh said:

Meri and Mariah's posts show that the old adage  "the apple does not fall from from the tree " is so true!

Or in their case, the turd doesn't fall far from the asshole.  

Edited by Luz DeLaLuna
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Sorry if this should be in one of the episode threads but I just had to say this.

I am currently watching last season and it is even worse the 2nd time. Meri is a horrible, selfish woman. Her behavior and entitled attitude is disgusting. I know this has been said numerous times LOL but she is really a gross person.

Just had to get that out...

• Love 10
On 9/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, Just Wondering said:

A bit off topic, but aren’t these folks “living this lifestyle” according to their religious faith? Why then do they never give any shoutouts to God and junk? Or do they?

This line made me LOL!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

You guys. California license plates are randomly assigned in the format #ABC###. I try to remember them by creating an acronym or something with the letters in the middle. My new license plate came and the letters are LLN, which of course I have you guys to thank for the acronym for LuLaNO. ❤️❤️❤️ 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Meri also commented somewhere on IG recently that grandma Lizzie stood on the steps of the old church in town and kept it from being torn down. I wonder if there's anything substantiating that? Or is it just family lore? Or maybe Meri just made it up. 

I'd love to see someone question Meri on this. The answer would be "IN MY MIND SHE DID!"

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

We went to our local fair today, and I'll be damned if there wasn't a guy hawking LuLaNo there!  No one was even looking at that crap.  

I saw what could only be a LuLaNo outfit over the weekend...skin tight, 3/4 sleeve, what I think was supposed to be a boatneck shirt in black with horizontal white stripes, floral maxi in dusty rose, taupe, and blue with a ruffle at the bottom and artistically knotted at the right kneecap, and a VERY long, skinny mulberry sash. All polyester. I have a lousy poker face so I didn't dare ask her where she got her outfit.

• LOL 12
25 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri looks stoned.

Pudge and Sludge look like they are thinking..."I wonder how much we can weasel out of mother Meri this trip just to permit her to hang with us adorables..."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2019 at 5:26 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

And another thing...

C8A02CE5-EAB7-4855-88E5-8CF68AEB7924.thumb.jpeg.dab5b7e90eaa56b1c77c61e8b534039a.jpeg

Fingers crossed there was a fire extinguisher nearby, given the great deal of hazards in the form of highly flammable material and hairspray present at Meri’s recent recruitment session. 

Brought this up on the Mykelti thread how I don't feel happy for Meri because... She's a user. 

What happened to her best bud in Vegas? Dropped like a hot potato apparently, perhaps because she wasn't interested in signing up under her? 

A couple years ago Meri went to a LLR convention with her then-downline, her sister and three other women who apparently were starry eyed about being Meri's "close friends". I wonder if those women are still in her downline or they just ran out of money? Does Meri still talk to them or did she drop them like hot stones? 

Excerpt from Episode 5 of The Dream podcast where a director for 31 Bags is talking about recruitment:

...but I will say one of the things that a leader of me had taught me from the beginning is that we have a bathtub with a drain open and the water is forever flowing and that going out that drain so that is where you're constantly needing. If you want to be a director above like myself you have to because I'm bringing people in because they're going to leave and it happens all the time. I mean some of my best friends started by selling and they're not anymore, you know, and it plenty people come and it's not for everyone. That's the only thing I would say to people to do you ever have any hesitation signing people act like knowing that there is a high turnover and knowing that it is really hard to like make money are there people that you want to sign up and you go I can't do this to her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

(Read in the Mykelti thread, but moved my response to here...)

From my perspective on the subject of "Meri being happy"...my feeling is she is very miserable.  All those weird "sayings" they all seem to have all over their house is just some convoluted way to keep driving into your head what you are trying to "be". Social Media posts to get attention (sitting in the woods taking selfies...happy happy surrounded by "friends" etc)

When I was in my deepest depression I kept myself busy, busy, insanely busy.  I didn't have one moment to actually sit and think about anything other than what else I need to get done now, soon, today, tomorrow, next week etc. My stress level was over the top and I never took a moment to consider anything.

All of these weird "look at me so happy, so busy, so successful" that come from Meri makes me think she is miserable and just filling her time and posting to prove (especially to herself) how absolutely fabulous she is.  Hell, even the Lulastuff info says they expect these women to always be posting to show others how wonderful it all is.

I now live a slow moving, controlled environment life. Those 3/4 years I spent in the bottom of a deep, dark hole are years ago, however they are black years.  I have no solid memories, if it weren't for dates written in notebooks and time stamps on photos I took of cakes at work, kids, pets and gardens...I wouldn't really know what had gone on during that time. I just remember I wouldn't let myself stop, it was how I coped.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

(Read in the Mykelti thread, but moved my response to here...)

From my perspective on the subject of "Meri being happy"...my feeling is she is very miserable.  All those weird "sayings" they all seem to have all over their house is just some convoluted way to keep driving into your head what you are trying to "be". Social Media posts to get attention (sitting in the woods taking selfies...happy happy surrounded by "friends" etc)

When I was in my deepest depression I kept myself busy, busy, insanely busy.  I didn't have one moment to actually sit and think about anything other than what else I need to get done now, soon, today, tomorrow, next week etc. My stress level was over the top and I never took a moment to consider anything.

All of these weird "look at me so happy, so busy, so successful" that come from Meri makes me think she is miserable and just filling her time and posting to prove (especially to herself) how absolutely fabulous she is.  Hell, even the Lulastuff info says they expect these women to always be posting to show others how wonderful it all is.

I now live a slow moving, controlled environment life. Those 3/4 years I spent in the bottom of a deep, dark hole are years ago, however they are black years.  I have no solid memories, if it weren't for dates written in notebooks and time stamps on photos I took of cakes at work, kids, pets and gardens...I wouldn't really know what had gone on during that time. I just remember I wouldn't let myself stop, it was how I coped.

I also feel she’s unhappy and currently trapped in a contract for filming in order to make money. I do think she gets empowerment from her businesses as added income and a landing pad for when the show is over. Of all the wives, she’s actually set up to survive on her own. Still, you wonder just how much more filming she can take. I’d feel for her if she wasn’t such a jerk. 

I’m glad you made it through your depression. Sometimes keeping busy is the only way to not stop and feel (which is always worse than when you’re keeping busy). 

• Love 8

She mentions the inspiration for her outfit is the hat.

Oh, c'mon Mary !!! You went to a dress up photo shoot. You only  had but so many options of wrap around outfits to cover your super hot, trendy self. But yeah, live your best life. If this is it, poor you!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Excerpt from Episode 5 of The Dream podcast where a director for 31 Bags is talking about recruitment:

I got a headache reading that excerpt.  Mr TWoPPer and I often listen to podcasts at dinner.  We usually listen to crime ones, but last night we started listening to "The Dream."   I can't wait til we get to the Luluroe parts.

I always thought I was not photogenic, but I look glamorous compared to Meri, and I am a COL.   The picture of her on the mountaintop is really awful as it shows how ginormous her butt it.   I can't believe she thought it was a good idea to post it.   These western pictures are hilarious.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I also feel she’s unhappy and currently trapped in a contract for filming in order to make money. I do think she gets empowerment from her businesses as added income and a landing pad for when the show is over. Of all the wives, she’s actually set up to survive on her own. Still, you wonder just how much more filming she can take. I’d feel for her if she wasn’t such a jerk. 

I’m glad you made it through your depression. Sometimes keeping busy is the only way to not stop and feel (which is always worse than when you’re keeping busy). 

I don't think she feels trapped in her TLC contract. From everything I've read, the Browns are contractors, not employees, and the agreements are renegotiated on a season-by-season basis. It's easy money for her. 

I do think she's unhappy because she is for all intents and purposes, celibate. 

She really has nothing to do with the family other than her own daughter. (Following someone on social media doesn't make you buddies or "involved" in their lives). I doubt she even sees the rest of the family when they aren't filming. 

And since she's sucked into an MLM she HAS to do this over-the-top happy happy joy joy thing hanging out with unavailable men and other LLR consultants. 

I really think the happiest of the five "adults" is Robyn. She has what she wants...her oldest is in University, she's married FOR REAL, has the big house etc and therefore doesn't feel the need to have to crow on social media. Plus it appears she learned her lesson after the Kendra Years.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Oh, Meri. Every LLN outfit is already a Halloween costume. P.S. That's rilly not where you want to hold your rifle. 

Hahaha nope! Never put anything in front of the barrel of your firearm you do not want to destroy. I realize it’s a prop but it still looks so stupid. 

I’m just relieved she was joking about LLNo western wear. I almost had a fit (and am slightly offended) as I read that as she likened it to Halloween costumes. Where I live, there are ranches. People here wear western clothes/boots and they aren’t “costumes”, they’re part of a culture and they serve a purpose (you know, being in the desert, snakes, proper boots for riding, rodeos, etc). 

Yeah. Everyone out here wears costumes, Meri.  At least our clothes won’t catch fire and burn immediately like yours. Asshole. 

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think she feels trapped in her TLC contract. From everything I've read, the Browns are contractors, not employees, and the agreements are renegotiated on a season-by-season basis. It's easy money for her. 

I do think she's unhappy because she is for all intents and purposes, celibate. 

She really has nothing to do with the family other than her own daughter. (Following someone on social media doesn't make you buddies or "involved" in their lives). I doubt she even sees the rest of the family when they aren't filming. 

And since she's sucked into an MLM she HAS to do this over-the-top happy happy joy joy thing hanging out with unavailable men and other LLR consultants. 

I really think the happiest of the five "adults" is Robyn. She has what she wants...her oldest is in University, she's married FOR REAL, has the big house etc and therefore doesn't feel the need to have to crow on social media. Plus it appears she learned her lesson after the Kendra Years.

The two wives (Meri & Robyn) that are the bitchiest and most demanding AFAICT, are the only two that have had a legal marriage with that turd of a husband.  Janelle apparently cashed in her retirement when they bought the plyg Utah house, Christine has never worked, and so those two won't even get a cut of any Social Security King Turd gets.  Yet they have spawned the most kids for that dildo's afterlife planet.  Yeah, being plyg is just the peachiest!  Sure, Jan.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Hahaha nope! Never put anything in front of the barrel of your firearm you do not want to destroy. I realize it’s a prop but it still looks so stupid. 

I’m just relieved she was joking about LLNo western wear. I almost had a fit (and am slightly offended) as I read that as she likened it to Halloween costumes. Where I live, there are ranches. People here wear western clothes/boots and they aren’t “costumes”, they’re part of a culture and they serve a purpose (you know, being in the desert, snakes, proper boots for riding, rodeos, etc). 

Yeah. Everyone out here wears costumes, Meri.  At least our clothes won’t catch fire and burn immediately like yours. Asshole. 

Meri's the first one to take offense at someone, yet she thinks nothing of posting offensive crap.  She is an asshole.  Those rags she shills would melt into a giant ball of goo.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

The two wives (Meri & Robyn) that are the bitchiest and most demanding AFAICT, are the only two that have had a legal marriage with that turd of a husband.  Janelle apparently cashed in her retirement when they bought the plyg Utah house, Christine has never worked, and so those two won't even get a cut of any Social Security King Turd gets.  Yet they have spawned the most kids for that dildo's afterlife planet.  Yeah, being plyg is just the peachiest!  Sure, Jan.

I think it was an inheritance windfall that Janelle used to buy the Lehi home (it was Kody that brought it to her attention and talked her into coming back). She hadn't been at the state job long enough to have much retirement. 

She cashed in her retirement to fund the move to Vegas, which means she probably had to pay half to the IRS and state in taxes and early withdrawal penalties. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

IIRC, Janelle also contributed an inheritance she had come into towards the purchase of the Lehi property and I think they walked away from there with zero equity.  She is such a complacent slug!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

And that is 100% on MERI.  I am so tired of her using those kids only to serve her own purposes and only when it's convenient for her - like trying to use Sol as a buffer when she went to see Mariah but settling for Breanna, or snapping up a bonus kid when she needs some more suckers for her downline, etc.  She is the one who married into this lifestyle, and she used to be much more invested in all of the kids (remember back in the day when she made each child a pair of pajamas for Christmas)?  I think all of that love and support came to a screeching halt when HBIC Robyn finagled herself into position as legal wife, which means that as far as I'm concerned, Meri was never doing any of those bonus-mom things for the right reasons.  For years she felt comfortably ensconced in her legal-wife bubble of superiority.  When it popped, she developed feelings for a banana and those relationships with her family deteriorated.  I do have to wonder, though, how much of it was Meri just checking out, or was it more that her bonus kids decided that they'd had enough of her playing the victim with that big meanie ol' catfisher.

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

IIRC, Janelle also contributed an inheritance she had come into towards the purchase of the Lehi property and I think they walked away from there with zero equity.  She is such a complacent slug!

I was just going to post about Janelle being a big old slug!  Doormat.  Was getting Kootie worth it?  IMO:  NO.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was just going to post about Janelle being a big old slug!  Doormat.  Was getting Kootie worth it?  IMO:  NO.

She thinks so though. I guess one of the polygamy bennies is that she can spend as much loud time on the toilet working on her digestive tract as she likes without having to worry about Kody's olifactory senses. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She thinks so though. I guess one of the polygamy bennies is that she can spend as much loud time on the toilet working on her digestive tract as she likes without having to worry about Kody's olifactory senses. 

Good point!  Freedom to fart. LOL

• LOL 9
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And that is 100% on MERI.  I am so tired of her using those kids only to serve her own purposes and only when it's convenient for her - like trying to use Sol as a buffer when she went to see Mariah but settling for Breanna, or snapping up a bonus kid when she needs some more suckers for her downline, etc.  She is the one who married into this lifestyle, and she used to be much more invested in all of the kids (remember back in the day when she made each child a pair of pajamas for Christmas)?  I think all of that love and support came to a screeching halt when HBIC Robyn finagled herself into position as legal wife, which means that as far as I'm concerned, Meri was never doing any of those bonus-mom things for the right reasons.  For years she felt comfortably ensconced in her legal-wife bubble of superiority.  When it popped, she developed feelings for a banana and those relationships with her family deteriorated.  I do have to wonder, though, how much of it was Meri just checking out, or was it more that her bonus kids decided that they'd had enough of her playing the victim with that big meanie ol' catfisher.

I personally think she completely lost interest in pretending to be a bonus mom after Mariah left the nest. She made it pretty clear in a TH that she wasn't interested in helping with the other kids (I don't watch the show, but saw that segment somewhere) that she'd done her kid-raising and now she was DONE. 

I also think that her whining about oh I wanted a houseful of babies was all bullshit for the show. She made it clear in the VERY FIRST EPISODE that she wasn't interested in trying to have more kids. It was Kody that kept pushing it.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I also think that her whining about oh I wanted a houseful of babies was all bullshit for the show. She made it clear in the VERY FIRST EPISODE that she wasn't interested in trying to have more kids. It was Kody that kept pushing it.

Which is also why I think she was so shocked when she brought up doing in vitro and Kody shot it down--she thought she'd get Kody back from Robyn by doing that.  Nope, Meri, that ship had sailed.

• Love 7

I thought it was so very telling when Aspyn graduated from college (I think?) and moved into Robyn's crowded house, when Meri had an abundance of space at her house.  Was a reason stated for that?  Or did no one even acknowledge that?

And off topic, how long did Aspyn and Mykelti share an apartment? It didn't seem very long.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

Which is also why I think she was so shocked when she brought up doing in vitro and Kody shot it down--she thought she'd get Kody back from Robyn by doing that.  Nope, Meri, that ship had sailed.

Wasn't it during their 20th anniversary trip to Mexico during the first season, that Kootie asked Meri if she wanted to try in vitro, and she said she didn't see the point?  Then suddenly when Meri wants to do it (or says she does), after Robyn starts spawning kids for Kootie, he tells Meri no?  That's why I think Meri wasn't interested at all in having more kids, but wanted to garner sympathy for her lack of kids, and make Kootie look like the bad guy who said no to trying in vitro.  Backfired on her big-time.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri's the first one to take offense at someone, yet she thinks nothing of posting offensive crap.  She is an asshole.  Those rags she shills would melt into a giant ball of goo.

Yes she is!  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I thought it was so very telling when Aspyn graduated from college (I think?) and moved into Robyn's crowded house, when Meri had an abundance of space at her house.  Was a reason stated for that?  Or did no one even acknowledge that?

And off topic, how long did Aspyn and Mykelti share an apartment? It didn't seem very long.

Aspyn and Mykelti shared an apartment for one year.  Then Mykelti dropped out because "college is hard" and also Aspyn said she was too mothering to Mykelti and it was hurting their relationship.  They gave up the apartment but Aspyn also had been butting heads over mothering the "little kids" back at home with Christine.  Tho not ever on camera I believe she was kinda like Logan...the mothering was just second nature to her, yet she wanted to be a college student.  They never went into detail but Christine and Aspyn didn't agree on parenting.  So, one of the very big pros of polygamy is ALL those other houses to move into. But like you said, Meri had room galore yet Aspyn moved into Robyn's full to the max house.  Christine put on the "I'm so happy with this decision what a great idea that Aspyn and Robyn become closer" mask and Aspyn moved into Robyn's house. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  Or when Maddie and her husband moved home.  Meri had all that room.  Is her relationship strained with the rest of the kids in the family?

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  Or when Maddie and her husband moved home.  Meri had all that room.  Is her relationship strained with the rest of the kids in the family?

Well, Maddie posted some stuff about having "grown up with it all my fucking life" or close to that, and it was thought she could be referring to Meri.  I don't think any of the other kids have expressed similar thoughts, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if most of the others felt some animosity toward Meri.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

For once, I like her hair. And the natural smile. The clothes, not so much. 

She sure posts a lot with this @blairmichael. We know he’s gay and it’s not to make it look like a “boyfriend” so, what’s going on here? What is she trying to tell everyone constantly, that she’s happiest away from the rest of the miserable clan? 

If she is, I applaud that. It’s a giant middle finger to the rest of the wives. “Haha suckers! Ima have a LIFE after this shitshow!” 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder if Meri is living at Lizzies full time now?

She seems to be a bit of a vagabond these days.  I wonder if she has had to vacate the Flagstaff rental because it's now sold.  That may explain some of the trucks parked on the Plains of Plague land, some of them may contain her furniture and racks of Lularags.  She must have a home base somewhere to conduct her online sales from, unless she is utilizing the storage facility that they rented in Flagstaff.

It seems that the idea of building on the land, whether one house or four, is pushed to the back burner now that Robyn and Christine are ensconced in homes of their own, Janelle seems content to accept the small rental townhouse she has been assigned and Meri freefloats.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Those look ready for the give away bin already.  Why does she think those two pieces either look good or go together?

The only thing they have in common is pink and navy blue in both pieces.  The top is reminiscent of those dreadful tanks with long-sleeved t-shirts under that they felt inclined to wear when they were practicing the modesty aspects of their religion.

• Love 9