Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Meri has very coarse features, and unfortunately, just about everything she does emphasizes the coarseness.  I'm no fashion, hair, or makeup expert, but even I can see that she could make some changes that would balance her natural features.

Get rid of the harsh, straw textured hairstyle.  Get some highlights and lowlights in a warm, golden tone.  Replace the scraggly look with soft, gentle curls.  Have a genuine makeup artist show how to enhance those eyebrows so that they look full and natural.  I don't know what type or color of mascara and eyeliner she should use, but I can say with 100% certainty that her current choices do nothing to soften or enhance her appearance.

She's obviously making enough money that she could afford to consult a professional to help her look so much better.  I still think she looks better than Janelle, but that's hardly a compliment, and in my view, she's only ahead of Janelle by about half a point, if that.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 10/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, riverblue22 said:

So that child size jean vest has a name?  The Harvey?

Ha! I should never read this forum while eating lunch;  I nearly choked on a grape in my tuna salad.  

So I was thinking Carly and Harvey were this couple:

On 10/11/2019 at 9:39 AM, laurakaye said:

I managed to watch a video of the guy on the right and his wife (I think she's the blonde in the photo) - well, I got through about 20 seconds.  He was holding up random LLN dresses and singing and dancing.  His wife was doing the same.  It was disturbing on so many levels.

This is a horrible picture.  I would never post of picture of me looking that bad.   What's with her teeth?   I know she has a brownish tooth, but  this almost looks like a silver tooth.  Honestly, I think she looks like one of the witches from the movie  "Hocus Pocus."

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

She's obviously making enough money that she could afford to consult a professional to help her look so much better. 

Meri posted a photo a few months ago where her hair had just been professionally done including color.  It looked really good.  Within a few weeks it was back to her normal straw.  Apparently she's wearing the look that she prefers.  I agree she could look so much better if she wanted.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

Do you think Tiandra is also Meri’s eyebrow coach?

And her unnatural-shade-of-spray-on-tan coach?

Meri is in a rut and seems to always go back to the same layered, frizzy straw cut she's had since the 1980s.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Isn't this Harvey vest the one she cut the arms off of because it was too tight?  I don't think this was made to be a vest in the first place.

I suspect so, because google tells me that the "Harvey" is a denim jacket (with sleeves). It is easy to believe that the sleeves of this XXS Harvey would be too tight in the arms.  I just cannot envision Meri with needle & thread or sewing machine finishing off the edges of the armholes.  Perhaps she got the "seamstress" who made her satiny puke-green "commitment" dress to finish them for her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

I suspect so, because google tells me that the "Harvey" is a denim jacket (with sleeves). It is easy to believe that the sleeves of this XXS Harvey would be too tight in the arms.  I just cannot envision Meri with needle & thread or sewing machine finishing off the edges of the armholes.  Perhaps she got the "seamstress" who made her satiny puke-green "commitment" dress to finish them for her.

I googled it too, and Calico Kitty has a good eye and good memory.  Apparently, the Harvey came in waist length and hip length models, but no sleeveless versions were shown on the LLR consultants sites.  It did say that the garment utilized spandex for comfort fit, just not enough for Meri I guess.

But then, Meri has informed us all that she is EDGEY, so maybe she did this sleeveless version to make her own fashion statement.🤷‍♀️

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

She actually said that she cuts the sleeves off and leaves enough behind to fray it.

Then her fans started asking for detailed instructions on how she frays the edge 😮

Ummm doesn't it fray itself if you wash it?

• LOL 10

6C4D10CB-D433-4FA7-BE15-04630E1E7087.thumb.jpeg.9cceaa29a86eb4f12dad23adf05a363b.jpeg

Side by side with a photo from barely a fortnight ago. Same style of shirt. Granted good angles and two weeks of dieting can do a little on the weight loss front, but they don’t fully eliminate ‘line-backer shoulders’ or a tubby midsection that quick. 
#stopovereditingyourself #justbereal #skinnyfilter #iseewhatyoudidthere

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

6C4D10CB-D433-4FA7-BE15-04630E1E7087.thumb.jpeg.9cceaa29a86eb4f12dad23adf05a363b.jpeg

Side by side with a photo from barely a fortnight ago. Same style of shirt. Granted good angles and two weeks of dieting can do a little on the weight loss front, but they don’t fully eliminate ‘line-backer shoulders’ or a tubby midsection that quick. 
#stopovereditingyourself #justbereal #skinnyfilter

I wish I could use all the emojis for this... I'm laughing, shocked and loving it all at once!  😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

The cut of that T-shirt in the arms & body is unflattering no matter what size or gender the wearer happens to be. I presume it is made of polyester.  I like my T-shirts 100% cotton, V-neck, straight sleeved (not "cap" sleeves nor mini-cuffed like these), and narrower in the waist than the hips (not vice versa).

• Love 8

She really doesn't look that bad, I actually think she looks cute (for her).  Yes, they are just plain tshirts with sayings on them however she looks perfectly fine for a day where you don't need to dress up.  It's not high fashion but it's not terrible.....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Black is slimming. White is not. 

LLR is famous - infamous - for its inconsistent cuts and sizing. 

The angles of the wall behind her make me think she's using a skInny filter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Black is slimming. White is not. 

LLR is famous - infamous - for its inconsistent cuts and sizing. 

The angles of the wall behind her make me think she's using a skInny filter. 

I am a COL.  I had no idea there was a skinny filter.  

Can someone translate "you do you boo" or is it "you oo you boo."   There is no way I would wear that at all--much less outside of my house-- because I refuse to wear a message I don't understand.  For the most part, I prefer my t-shirts not have writing on them.  I do have a couple of Duke and Virginia ones, but that's about it.  I have a few freebies from the gym that I don't wear except to the gym or at home.

She's looked a lot worse than in those picture,  that's all I've got.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Can someone translate "you do you boo" or is it "you oo you boo."  

I was wondering the same thing. I thought I was the only COL out there who didn't get it.  But then I don't get very much with these clowns anyway.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I am a COL.  I had no idea there was a skinny filter.  

Can someone translate "you do you boo" or is it "you oo you boo."   There is no way I would wear that at all--much less outside of my house-- because I refuse to wear a message I don't understand.  For the most part, I prefer my t-shirts not have writing on them.  I do have a couple of Duke and Virginia ones, but that's about it.  I have a few freebies from the gym that I don't wear except to the gym or at home.

She's looked a lot worse than in those picture,  that's all I've got.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought I was the only COL out there who didn't get it.  But then I don't get very much with these clowns anyway.

“You do you boo” basically means be yourself or do want you want even though you are going to be judged for it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

According to the urban dictionary:

Boo:
Someone you love. Someone you care about. Someone who is a life time best friend.  
Someone who is always there for you. Someone who is extremely pretty. Someone who is very important in your life. Someone who can make you laugh. Someone who you can never replace.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I've always been under the impression that "you do you, boo" is generally a sarcastic/derisive statement. Not that I'm wearing either interpretation.

I think it's open to however one chooses to interpret.

It could mean derisively, "you do you" (and I'll do me)  or in support, "you do you" (and I won't judge)

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I've always been under the impression that "you do you, boo" is generally a sarcastic/derisive statement. Not that I'm wearing either interpretation.

Yeah. I thought it to be a subversive “mind your own damn business” statement. 

And Meri is wearing a T-shirt that says, “just be nice”? The queen of being snarky to her followers? Really? I guess it means “just be nice” TO HER. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect was incorrect. AGAIN. Seriously, what does it think it’s doing?
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

It depends on how it’s said and by whom.  If I’m your friend saying it, It’s basically saying do whatever the hell you want because people will judge you anyway, so because people are going to judge why care, just do what makes you happy.  

If i’m saying in response to someone that is judging me, I’m telling them to mind their own business.  I’ll do what I want and they can do what they want.  

With all that said, I’ll imagine the next time Kootie is pin-curling his hair, Meri will wander by and say “You do you, Boo!”.  Kootie will notice the snark in Meri’s tone and say, “Well, Mer, break out your Wet-n-Wild eyebrow pencil, and you do you, Boo!” At an undisclosed Wendy’s drive-thru, Janelle will look in her rear view mirror and remembered she took a picture of Savannah walking the dog, and tell herself, “You do you, Boo!” as she orders 3 large Baconator sandwiches with extra mayo.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Well not sure something like that is worth wearing if it means 15 different things!  Guess I'm from the "I Like Ike" generation - tell it like it is, stop trying to confuse people.  I have more to do in life than ponder what anyone's t-shirt is telling me.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Well, the tee shirt lacks the comma which might have helped me a little in understanding, but I am still not wearing it.

2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Me too - it's the same as saying "whatevs" 🙄

Well, that I understand, but I am not wearing a shirt with that on it, either.

I must be in a bad mood this afternoon because I want to hose Meri and that outfit.  It must be all those COL hormones or lack thereof.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

“You do you boo” basically means be yourself or do want you want even though you are going to be judged for it.

She probably thinks that by wearing it on her shirt, people won't dare judge her, or if they do, she'll just let her shirt respond for her.  But it won't stop us from judging her. We'll stop when she stops posting selfies on the Internet.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Granted good angles and two weeks of dieting can do a little on the weight loss front, but they don’t fully eliminate ‘line-backer shoulders’ or a tubby midsection that quick. 

Look at her hands in the first picture.They are half the size of her hands in the second pic. She is using all sorts of filters to enhance her #BecauseICan life.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Look at her hands in the first picture.They are half the size of her hands in the second pic. She is using all sorts of filters to enhance her #BecauseICan life.

You nailed it! Those little nubs look like Deadpool’s arms are just growing back. 

Yeah. So happy with herself she has to use filters and apps. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

This was an ad on my Meri’s thread. Not sold by LLN, though.

3713078A-6CD9-4CE4-9942-05CDE2D633CE.jpeg

As a breast cancer survivor I find that in very poor taste in fact offensive. The pink roses make me think it is for "Pinktober" breast cancer month.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Maybe the Boo part is just LLHellNo"s Halloween shirt. I think Christine mentioned a couple of days ago she got her Halloween clothing shipment. But what do I know COL here too.

Yup its one of their Halloween shirts... They've all been wearing them.  👻 

• Love 5

Yesterday I wasted a minute and a half watching Meri's latest IG story - it was of her and her new bestie Tiara or whatever her name is, walking through a zoo.  They walked past an enclosure where alligators and turtles were hanging out together.  The gist of the story was that Meri had convinced Tiara that the alligators were gonna eat all the turtles and Tiara was freaked out about that, but apparently these gators and turtles get along and the turtles don't get eaten but what LOLZ those two had at the zoo that day!  It was sooooo funny!  Maybe you had to be there but my goodness, did those two have a knee-slappin' good time!  Haha!

It was like watching two awkward middle-school aged girls wanting to impress a boy or another clique, laughing uproariously at some inside joke that isn't remotely funny.

And also, I am sorry that I wasted a minute and a half of your time making you all read about Meri's IG story. 😁

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yesterday I wasted a minute and a half watching Meri's latest IG story - it was of her and her new bestie Tiara or whatever her name is, walking through a zoo.  They walked past an enclosure where alligators and turtles were hanging out together.  The gist of the story was that Meri had convinced Tiara that the alligators were gonna eat all the turtles and Tiara was freaked out about that, but apparently these gators and turtles get along and the turtles don't get eaten but what LOLZ those two had at the zoo that day!  It was sooooo funny!  Maybe you had to be there but my goodness, did those two have a knee-slappin' good time!  Haha!

It was like watching two awkward middle-school aged girls wanting to impress a boy or another clique, laughing uproariously at some inside joke that isn't remotely funny.

And also, I am sorry that I wasted a minute and a half of your time making you all read about Meri's IG story. 😁

I saw that too. She stopped filming it to take a picture with a “fan”. What a sweetheart. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Why is she knotting the t-shirt ? What is the point? LLrot would be better off bringing back the 80's popular tshirt clip, I mean Meri is still using a hair crimper it seems

image.png.cb3b4da042c79e106b2f1977f754462a.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Why is she knotting the t-shirt ? What is the point? 

The shirts are oversized  with uneven hems, so the knotting hides that fact and makes LLNo wearers feel like they are "edgy" fashionistas.  But it just emphasizes how wide her hips are and the excess fabric makes the stomach area look bigger than it actually is, even with the skinny filter.

• Love 9
On 10/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, TurtlePower said:

Cuffed jeans, too, which is a thing again. If you’ve got short legs or are a bit big, cuffed jeans only make it worse. Just because something is a trend doesn’t mean it works on everyone. 

She does have a manly look and it’s worse now that she’s heavier. Watching her walk in recent seasons, she lumbers with rounded shoulders, like a giant sequoia with feet. There’s nothing feminine about her. 

This is just my opinion, not some fancy stylist musing so I have no idea if it it Clinton/Stacy approved.  With cuffed jeans, I do not like them with sneakers of any kind UNLESS the cuffed jeans are a little loose.  Even then, I like them better with a flat, small heel, sandals.  She is too hippy and the jeans are too tight.  Her shirts are also shapeless.   Sorry Mer, you look like a parody of a clueless tourist.  All you need are some binoculars strapped around your neck.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 11:23 AM, MonicaM said:

Meri has very coarse features, and unfortunately, just about everything she does emphasizes the coarseness.  I'm no fashion, hair, or makeup expert, but even I can see that she could make some changes that would balance her natural features.

Get rid of the harsh, straw textured hairstyle.  Get some highlights and lowlights in a warm, golden tone.  Replace the scraggly look with soft, gentle curls.  Have a genuine makeup artist show how to enhance those eyebrows so that they look full and natural.  I don't know what type or color of mascara and eyeliner she should use, but I can say with 100% certainty that her current choices do nothing to soften or enhance her appearance.

She's obviously making enough money that she could afford to consult a professional to help her look so much better.  I still think she looks better than Janelle, but that's hardly a compliment, and in my view, she's only ahead of Janelle by about half a point, if that.  

What is sad is Janelle has clearly give up re fashion.  When Mer is a 1/2 point ahead of THAT, while IN the fashion industry (HA!), well Thelma, I just don't know (shout out to Thelma and Louise, prob cause she looks like her name might be Thelma, apologies to any Thelma's here).

• LOL 4
30 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is it me or do the brows look WORSE here??  I clearly need to move on from these brows.  I continue to be stunned.

I am a COL when it comes to the latest brow trends.  I was an 80's girl and we plucked our brows into oblivion so I consider myself fortunate to have any brows left at all.  But it would seem that, upon applying your brow liner, if you look in the mirror and see two long, dark, caterpillar-type lines that extend almost to your temples?  That maybe you're not doing it right?  Or perhaps this is the trend now, so if it is, get off my lawn and pass the tweezers.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
47 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is it me or do the brows look WORSE here??  I clearly need to move on from these brows.  I continue to be stunned.

i just need to know what she's done to her face so I can stop trying to figure it out.  An eye lift? Botox? Makeup technique?? Her face did not used to look like this... and it looks really really weird and not normal.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

i just need to know what she's done to her face so I can stop trying to figure it out.

I think it's all of the filtering she's doing of her pictures.  Even the background is distorted.  Doesn't she think it's noticeable? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 10/13/2019 at 10:47 AM, Sandy W said:

I think it's open to however one chooses to interpret.

It could mean derisively, "you do you" (and I'll do me)  or in support, "you do you" (and I won't judge)

I'm thinking it's just a "woke" way of saying, "Be Yourself".

But I'm just a cranky, jaded, NON-PeeCee military veteran. What the h@ll do I know?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched that too... It was so pathetic... Like watching a couple teeny boppers trying to look cool for the boys.  😲

Oh and Meri had to stop filming to greet a fan and take a selfie... *barf*

She's so full of herself.  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I watched another IG story from Meri this morning.  This time - hold onto your seats, this gets super exciting - Meri is riding in a van and it's raining and their GPS sent them wrong directions to wherever they were headed and they ended up at some random house and they got lost!  You guys, I was nearly on the floor!  Especially when that weird guy who is always with her was making funny faces while Mer was explaining why everything was so funny!  She could barely talk from laughing!  BUT!  Then the sun came out and they found their way to whatever place they were going (for sure, it was someplace FUN) so everything worked out but man, it was soooooo funny............zzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.......  

I know that Meri has probably been brainwashed by LLN into making these stories but I don't know who her audience is.  It's like a super-duper inside jokey-type video, only funny to the participants, but meant to show us how gosh darn fun it is to be a LLN consultant, I guess.  A laugh a minute - unless you're at the bottom of someone's downline.  Then I'm guessing it's not so funny.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7