Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I watched another IG story from Meri this morning.  This time - hold onto your seats, this gets super exciting - Meri is riding in a van and it's raining and their GPS sent them wrong directions to wherever they were headed and they ended up at some random house and they got lost!  You guys, I was nearly on the floor!  Especially when that weird guy who is always with her was making funny faces while Mer was explaining why everything was so funny!  She could barely talk from laughing!  BUT!  Then the sun came out and they found their way to whatever place they were going (for sure, it was someplace FUN) so everything worked out but man, it was soooooo funny............zzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.......  

I know that Meri has probably been brainwashed by LLN into making these stories but I don't know who her audience is.  It's like a super-duper inside jokey-type video, only funny to the participants, but meant to show us how gosh darn fun it is to be a LLN consultant, I guess.  A laugh a minute - unless you're at the bottom of someone's downline.  Then I'm guessing it's not so funny.

Knee-slappin' hijinks I tell ya!  Those MLM'ers sure do know how to have fun!

• LOL 6
35 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Knee-slappin' hijinks I tell ya!  Those MLM'ers sure do know how to have fun!

These LuLaNo-ers remind me of those Amway people when that was a thing. Similar stories of inside jokes and cult-like events and gatherings (I was an intended victim of said MLM at barely 20 years old). “No, I don’t want to sell this stuff and con other people and no I don’t want to pressure my friends (or I won’t have any left)!” 

These people pressure and pressure and pressure. Thank goodness for social media, at least you can ignore it now or block people. Before they’re in your face, making you look for a secret bunker to hide from your brainwashed friends. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Years ago - probably 20 or so, my husband and I were also approached to sell Amway (and I live very near the city of their headquarters).  It was under the guise of friends of ours who wanted to have us over for dinner and get to know us better.  We thought, how sweet of them!  We liked them, so off we went.  After a nice dinner and talk, they suddenly changed tactics and brought out the real reason they invited us over, and it was not to deepen a friendship.  I remember being absolutely livid but held my tongue, and we promised to look over their crap just to get out of their house.  They harassed my husband over the phone for weeks until they gave up.  We haven't seen or talked to them since.  I will never forget how used we both felt.

I just finished The Dream podcast.  The host interviewed a psychologist who was formerly a member of the Moonies but his family held a days-long intervention and he managed to get out.  Now he counsels people in MLMs to extricate themselves.  He was discussing how MLMs suck people in - the consultants will chat up a prospective victim/downliner and find something in common with that person, such as asking them where they grew up and telling them that they too have been there, or know someone who lives there, etc.  It's how they get their hooks in a person - by befriending them using something they might have in common.  While I was listening, I recalled hearing the exact same thing on a different podcast.  It took me a few minutes but I figured out that the podcast was about David Koresh and the Waco tragedy.  These tactics are used in all cults, and in the psychologist's opinion, MLMs are most definitely considered cults and once in, even though a person is losing money and losing his/her family and friends, it's very difficult to get out.  

So Meri went from the cult of Kody Brown to the cult of LulaNo.  It will be interesting to see what happens to her when LLN inevitably goes bust.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

So Meri went from the cult of Kody Brown to the cult of LulaNo.  It will be interesting to see what happens to her when LLN inevitably goes bust.  

At this point you have to assume that Meri has made so much money from Lula that if it goes out of business all she will be out is whatever inventory she has right now.  So maybe she has a couple thousand dollars worth on clothes she'd be stuck with.  The worst part for her would be losing the "friends" she's made at the conventions, and the fun she has traveling.  It's her lifeline to the outside world, outside of the Brown family.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

It should be a rule that if your crayoned-on brows touch your crowsfeet, you've gone too far.

If she hadn't blocked me on twitter, which I am STILL salty about, I would send her this advice.  Huh, maybe that is why I got blocked??!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched another IG story from Meri this morning.  This time - hold onto your seats, this gets super exciting - Meri is riding in a van and it's raining and their GPS sent them wrong directions to wherever they were headed and they ended up at some random house and they got lost!  You guys, I was nearly on the floor!  Especially when that weird guy who is always with her was making funny faces while Mer was explaining why everything was so funny!  She could barely talk from laughing!  BUT!  Then the sun came out and they found their way to whatever place they were going (for sure, it was someplace FUN) so everything worked out but man, it was soooooo funny............zzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.......  

I know that Meri has probably been brainwashed by LLN into making these stories but I don't know who her audience is.  It's like a super-duper inside jokey-type video, only funny to the participants, but meant to show us how gosh darn fun it is to be a LLN consultant, I guess.  A laugh a minute - unless you're at the bottom of someone's downline.  Then I'm guessing it's not so funny.

What is so funny is they are getting people to still buy these flammable eyesore's!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If she hadn't blocked me on twitter, which I am STILL salty about, I would send her this advice.  Huh, maybe that is why I got blocked??!!

Meri certainly lives up to the narcissistic example that Sofa provided.  Touchy, touchy!  Meri wants to dish out bitchiness (entitled, ya know!) but she can't take the slightest criticism.  Natalie, I'm proud that you got blocked.  It proves that the truth is something that ol' Mare can't dill with.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Does anyone ever have the nerve to ask Meri if Kody ever travels with her--on Lularoe trips or the cruises she takes? I know the answer is "No," but I'd be curious to see what she'd say.

After all, Kody doesn't have a 9 to 5 job, does he? 

• LOL 11
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri certainly lives up to the narcissistic example that Sofa provided.  Touchy, touchy!  Meri wants to dish out bitchiness (entitled, ya know!) but she can't take the slightest criticism.  Natalie, I'm proud that you got blocked.  It proves that the truth is something that ol' Mare can't dill with.

Why thank you!  I talk about twitter with my college age staff and they get a huge kick out of me being blocked by people (Meri/Vicki G rhoc/Taylor rhbh/Jill Z rhny/Derrick D dugger adjacent).  

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Does anyone ever have the nerve to ask Meri if Kody ever travels with her--on Lularoe trips or the cruises she takes? I know the answer is "No," but I'd be curious to see what she'd say.

One thing I've noticed is the Browns very rarely answer questions on twitter

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

These days I think it’s keeping Robyn happy.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Years ago - probably 20 or so, my husband and I were also approached to sell Amway (and I live very near the city of their headquarters).  It was under the guise of friends of ours who wanted to have us over for dinner and get to know us better.  We thought, how sweet of them!  We liked them, so off we went.  After a nice dinner and talk, they suddenly changed tactics and brought out the real reason they invited us over, and it was not to deepen a friendship.  I remember being absolutely livid but held my tongue, and we promised to look over their crap just to get out of their house.  They harassed my husband over the phone for weeks until they gave up.  We haven't seen or talked to them since.  I will never forget how used we both felt.

I just finished The Dream podcast.  The host interviewed a psychologist who was formerly a member of the Moonies but his family held a days-long intervention and he managed to get out.  Now he counsels people in MLMs to extricate themselves.  He was discussing how MLMs suck people in - the consultants will chat up a prospective victim/downliner and find something in common with that person, such as asking them where they grew up and telling them that they too have been there, or know someone who lives there, etc.  It's how they get their hooks in a person - by befriending them using something they might have in common.  While I was listening, I recalled hearing the exact same thing on a different podcast.  It took me a few minutes but I figured out that the podcast was about David Koresh and the Waco tragedy.  These tactics are used in all cults, and in the psychologist's opinion, MLMs are most definitely considered cults and once in, even though a person is losing money and losing his/her family and friends, it's very difficult to get out.  

When my parents were selling our house the realtor did an Amway presentation and wanted my parents to buy something.  I think they did, but my dad was mad because the realtor took advantage of his position to sell his product.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Those contrasting arm & neck bands weren't cute in the 1970s and just make her arms look doughy.

I had a really cute one that had the Dr. Pepper logo on it!  I wore it all the time - but I was also 10 years old.

And Meri?  You are making it too easy for us over here.  "Resting Witch Face" indeed.  Does LLN make one that reads "I Hate Everyone?"  Or perhaps "I Cry Orange Tears?"  Or better yet - "What's Your Dill?"

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ok, wait. Unless she’s got shoulder pads in that T-shirt, this image has been modified. On the right it looks like there’s a block on her shoulder and on the left side it’s blurry-blocky. It looks like she tried to make herself look thinner. 

There’s a fix for that, Meri. It’s called a clean diet and exercise, not filters or skinny apps. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

Does Meri have to pay for all these cruises, and the airplane tickets and hotel rooms etc. ?

Are you kidding me? She probably got a kickback from the travel agent for booking a group since she encouraged whoever the eff actually went to book through the same travel agent instead of getting a much better rate from Costco.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Are you kidding me? She probably got a kickback from the travel agent for booking a group since she encouraged whoever the eff actually went to book through the same travel agent instead of getting a much better rate from Costco.

By booking the cruise through Meri, the participants were entitled to a preview of the madcap merriment that Meri had concocted for the day in the form of giggle-inducing T-shirts.

Hi-jinks on the high seas 🚢 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Wow, that's quite a huge home for a single woman! Ostentatious is the Brown's middle name for sure!

I wonder if they are regretting the move to expensive Flagstaff?  I'm like Madison, they will probably be moving at some point in the future.  I believe they were in Las Vegas longer than they have been in any location.

• Love 4

I had to go watch it.  Incredibly bad karaoke followed by incredibly bad dancing.  Glad she's having fun and I give it to anyone who goes out there and dances, but no Meri.  That was no bueno.  Stomp, stomp, steppppp to the side.  Repeat! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I had to go watch it.  Incredibly bad karaoke followed by incredibly bad dancing.  Glad she's having fun and I give it to anyone who goes out there and dances, but no Meri.  That was no bueno.  Stomp, stomp, steppppp to the side.  Repeat! 

Where did you find it Shanaenae, I checked her Instagram but it wasn't there?

On 10/15/2019 at 9:28 AM, laurakaye said:

I just finished The Dream podcast. 

We did, too.  Bonus #1 and #2 cover the Lulurag story.

23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

She's a grifter like a true Brown.

Speaking of grifters,  The Dream podcast has a quote from that Gothard person that the Duggars follow.  I think it was also in one of the bonus episodes. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Well.  It has to be better than Robyn’s .  

Yep, it's better than Robyn's house.  Nicer location close to town and expensive houses around it.  No where near the Coyote Pass land or Robyn and Christine's houses.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Where did you find it Shanaenae, I checked her Instagram but it wasn't there?

It's part of her Instagram Stories and to get to that, you have to click on her main profile pic.  The only thing is, it's only up for 24 hours.  I just checked now and there's something else up (I'm sure just as cringeworthy!) in it's place.  So there's no way to access it now. 😞 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Well.  It has to be better than Robyn’s .  

And if Meri’s paying for it with her income alone, it’s a way to stick it to the other wives. Her money, her independence, her choice and no long term commitment. 

The hate is strong. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if there were any financial commitments in Meri & Kootie's divorce settlement.  If not, she's legally entitled to every cent she earns with no obligation to put it in the fambly pot.

Her divorce was final in 2014 and she didn't start LLR until Oct 2016 - my guess is that he can't touch anything she's earned or acquired since then. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'd say yes, since the house was in both their names, legally he has a right to half of any profit. 

So Kody got half of Meri's profit and all of Robyn's profit.  🤣

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So Kody got half of Meri's profit and all of Robyn's profit.  🤣

Well, it wasn't all Meri's to begin with, but yeah. 

I also think that was the reason that those two houses weren't listed quickly or listed with Janelle.  Kody had no legal say about the selling of Christine's and Janelle's homes, but I think he wasn't confident of Janelle's selling ability so he probably said "let's hold off and see how she does on those two houses." 

Just goes to show you that a broken clock is right twice a day. He found a competent realtor to sell the homes he legally owned and they sold pretty quickly and for close to asking. 

JANELLE IS SO LAZY.

• Love 7

So I’ve been seeing chatter from different sources hinting that Meri’s independent life may be shown for the upcoming season. 

I sure hope this is the case. It would make for better stories and be less boring than it has been in recent years. I hate to say it, but once again it’s Meri keeping this thing alive—not the move, not the stupid weddingks or birthingks, but Meri. 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-lets-lose/

• Love 5