Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

1BC60692-98A1-4A55-8C19-F54A87FA38DE.jpeg

EFE0A687-E9EF-4A51-889B-110E6B1ECA46.jpeg

Wow, first photo where I think the LuLaRoe shirt is actually cute!  Meri looks very nice.  So are Maddie and Meri on the cruise together?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

A while back I had heard/saw rumblings of a fight on Twitter between Meri and Maddie resulting in some angry tweets and Maddie deleting her twitter.  They have unfollowed each other on Instagram as well. I found an article about the tweets but has anyone heard about a resolution to their alleged spat? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Actually, that's not a bad picture of Meri.  Closed mouth smile works best on her.  I am phobic about horizontal stripes, though.  I was quite overweight for about 20 years (40's and 50's) so I never wear them, even though I'm at a good weight now.  

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Actually, that's not a bad picture of Meri.  Closed mouth smile works best on her.  I am phobic about horizontal stripes, though.  I was quite overweight for about 20 years (40's and 50's) so I never wear them, even though I'm at a good weight now.  

I have one t-shirt with horizontal stripes but they are tiny stripes close together with writing over top and it's actually cute... However I don't wear it very often because horizontal stripes bug me... Not sure why I bought it lol...Meri's stripes are way too bold.. Not a good look... Would look better on a little boy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I have one t-shirt with horizontal stripes but they are tiny stripes close together with writing over top and it's actually cute... However I don't wear it very often because horizontal stripes bug me... Not sure why I bought it lol...Meri's stripes are way too bold.. Not a good look... Would look better on a little boy.

I thought the same thing, that the shirt would look good on a little kid. 

• Love 3

It was in the book, as I recall. I didn't buy it, wouldn't give a dime to these grifters, but others reported on it.  Apparently she was a tyrant about how things were done, especially in the kitchen.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It was in the book, as I recall. I didn't buy it, wouldn't give a dime to these grifters, but others reported on it.  Apparently she was a tyrant about how things were done, especially in the kitchen.

Well I guess that would be annoying but ya it doesn't really fit with how they've gone on about it.

I was starting wonder if it was Meri hiding Janelle's snacks and donuts

I'd love to know wtf Meri did to terrorize Maddie because Maddie made it sound like hell on earth and torture.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

I'd love to know wtf Meri did to terrorize Maddie because Maddie made it sound like hell on earth and torture.

Well, if I had to pick between working for Meri or for Robyn, I'd go with Meri, for I'd rather work for a biatch than Satan's right hand. That being said, I can't imagine Meri being easy to work for.  She looks like she would be very demanding and negative. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I keep meaning to ask this...

Have Meri or Janelle ever said exactly what Meri did to terrorize Janelle all those many years ago?

As Kohola explained, there was the kitchen criticism, then to add insult to injury, Meri and Kody would sit cuddled on the sofa every night whispering sweet nothings to each other, while Janelle sat there like a 3rd wheel.  At that time, Meri only worked part-time and was free to take off on business trips with Kody, then to Meri's dismay, Janelle became pregnant with Logan pretty soon after they married.  Meri has been a vindictive bitch to Janelle and Nancy, their therapist doesn't seem to have scratched the surface with this.  All these years of therapy and they can't even bring themselves to travel in the same car for the sessions.

Disclaimer:  I haven't read the book either, but have read excerpts posted by others. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Gennacide said:

WOW I had no idea they had a book out?  

Time to rummage the dollar store book section, the local library's donated book section, or Salvation Army maybe? 😂

I borrowed mine from the library. Yours might have it as well. I periodically go to goodwill, thrift shops, etc. looking for Harry Potter books printed for other countries/languages. I am weird that way. I have never seen the sister wives book at anywhere other than the library. I wonder if they just didn’t sell that many of them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I borrowed mine from the library. Yours might have it as well. I periodically go to goodwill, thrift shops, etc. looking for Harry Potter books printed for other countries/languages. I am weird that way. I have never seen the sister wives book at anywhere other than the library. I wonder if they just didn’t sell that many of them. 

My sister found a copy - I believe it was at a Deseret Industries, which seems to make some sense. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The way it balloons out in the front it looks like a maternity top.

Well, we know it's not "Sam's" baby . . . and we all think that little Kody has been nowhere near Meri for a long time.

Maybe she finally figured out what size she actually wears, so it's not skin-tight on her, so we think it looks like a materity top.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

As Kohola explained, there was the kitchen criticism, then to add insult to injury, Meri and Kody would sit cuddled on the sofa every night whispering sweet nothings to each other, while Janelle sat there like a 3rd wheel.  At that time, Meri only worked part-time and was free to take off on business trips with Kody, then to Meri's dismay, Janelle became pregnant with Logan pretty soon after they married.  Meri has been a vindictive bitch to Janelle and Nancy, their therapist doesn't seem to have scratched the surface with this.  All these years of therapy and they can't even bring themselves to travel in the same car for the sessions.

I read the book (library copy) several years ago, and this is an accurate description of what I recall.  All of the sessions with Nancy we saw on TV, and Meri w/Mariah, involved talking but not saying anything concrete.  Instead of passive-aggressive innuendo, it would be nice to hear some explicit accusations and responses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F3528FFA-48A4-4D04-9606-1C9BAF84B5A3.jpeg

AF20AB86-8C68-4751-8D8E-6C5F147136DF.jpeg

The guy on the right looks like he has the blue version of Meri's top.

The dark haired woman has a red and white checked top and carrying a red and white striped bag... It all looks like such a hodge podge.... None of them have any fashion sense.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

The guy on the right looks like he has the blue version of Meri's top.

The dark haired woman has a red and white checked top and carrying a red and white striped bag... It all looks like such a hodge podge.... None of them have any fashion sense.

I believe that's the point.  You absolutely CANNOT have a sense of fashion and wear the majority of the Lularoe garbage.    

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, MamaMax said:

hey guys. Cant stand to watch anymore , but I'm curious if they are still trying to sell this "Meri might leave Kody" storyline? 

She said recently in the episodes she's "going with them" to Flag (and did), but she travels so much she hardly ever seems to be there. I'm not convinced by her body language that she means it, but I'm on the spectrum and could be very wrong about that. What I think is that when this show ends, she's set with her businesses in case she does decide she doesn't want to be there. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What I think is that when this show ends, she's set with her businesses in case she does decide she doesn't want to be there. 

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

I also doubt the B&B is bringing in much.  Go to their website and type in a date and all of the rooms are available all of the time.  I suppose there could be walk in business but Parowan is hardly in the heart of the tourist routes.

But there is always another MLM on the horizon.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

I also doubt the B&B is bringing in much.  Go to their website and type in a date and all of the rooms are available all of the time.  I suppose there could be walk in business but Parowan is hardly in the heart of the tourist routes.

Maybe not for the long term, but she's probably doing very well for now. 

Yeah, I've been through there. Stopped for gas. I know they have a ski hill, but a B&B would not be my go-to destination for a skiing weekend. If it doesn't have a spa for a post-skiing soak, count me out. 

Anyway, Meri seems so much more at ease when she's not around the family. When she was saying she's going with them to flag, she looks like she's being dragged kicking and screaming. She liked the one property, and they purchased the other. To me it looks like, "Whatever. Fuck you guys. I won't really be around anyhow."

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anyway, Meri seems so much more at ease when she's not around the family. When she was saying she's going with them to flag, she looks like she's being dragged kicking and screaming. She liked the one property, and they purchased the other. To me it looks like, "Whatever. Fuck you guys. I won't really be around anyhow."

Meri crosses me as the only one in the family who can go out and make friends and likely has done so. (I am not including the kids.) LuluRoe May be crap but selling it has likely given her confidence to meet people and try to make her own life outside of the family. (I am not counting the catfish thing because that was just weird.) She does seem happier and like she is having fun when not with the family. It’s funny everyone is following her into LUluRoe to make some money. 

I don’t see Kody, Christine, Janelle or Robin having any real friends who are not part of their old polygamous community. If anything, I see Janelle, Christine and Robin as likely sitting around until  it’s their time to be with Kody. I can’t see Kody hanging out with anyone other than his wives because I think he would annoy most men. 

• Love 14

So she ran into Maddie and Audrey briefly (in her words "for a bit") on the cruise but she didn't see Christine?  These Browns clearly do not care for each other at all!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I was at a consignment store last night and came across LLR dresses and thought of my peeps here!!!  There were three or four dresses at $14.00 each.  The prints were....interesting and all I could think of is:  "Geez, I can sew!  I could get some fabric and make a shapeless dress all on my own for about $5.00 if I wanted!!!  The markup on this stuff must be insane.  I had a FB friend (friends in junior high and high school - she was very smart, skipped first grade kinda smart) and about a year and a half ago her FB blew up with LLR.  She became a seller.  Online selling, online markets, the whole deal.  Now when I look at her page........nothing.  I am sure she got out while she could, lol!!

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So she ran into Maddie and Audrey briefly (in her words "for a bit") on the cruise but she didn't see Christine?  These Browns clearly do not care for each other at all!

I should think that a cruise ship is bigger than a single large meeting room, so it is possible that Meri and Christine haven't run into each other. Meri's been doing this business longer and has made a lot of friends/acquaintances that she's hanging out with and is probably also networking with new people.  I'm not sure how long this cruise lasts, so it's possible we'll yet see a picture of them together before they head home.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So she ran into Maddie and Audrey briefly (in her words "for a bit") on the cruise but she didn't see Christine?  

"Sister" wives, huh?  One big happy family.  The kids of one mother are the kids of all.  Sharing and caring.

Yeah, right.  What kind of fambly goes on a cruise and accidentally runs into one another "for a bit".

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I should think that a cruise ship is bigger than a single large meeting room, so it is possible that Meri and Christine haven't run into each other. 

Last year's cruise was on the Allure of the Seas - 5,400 passengers . . . and my understanding is they had the whole ship.  We sailed on it a couple of  months later, and I'm sure that we never saw about 3,000 of the other passengers.  There are so many bars, restaurants, entertainment venues and activity spots that it is entirely believable that - unless you made plans to meet up - you might not see people you know are also on the ship.  

On our last cruise, we knew someone was going to be on the ship, and we were LOOKING for her and still had trouble tracking her down.

Of course, had she been my sisterwife, I think I would be looking harder.  But then these two don't feel "safe" with each other.

ETA:  Interesting that Audrey is on the ship, but Mariah is home cleaning up their apartment.  Wouldn't Meri spring for Mariah to sail along?  Wouldn't the student loans stretch that far?  Too many lattes, spin classes, and avo sandwiches?

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"Sister" wives, huh?  One big happy family.  The kids of one mother are the kids of all.  Sharing and caring.

Yeah, right.  What kind of fambly goes on a cruise and accidentally runs into one another "for a bit".

This is a business-related cruise, not a tourist-type cruise, so being family members on the same business cruise doesn't mean you all have to stick together like glue. I should think that if all these family members are now selling LLR products, they're on the cruise to meet and network with new people, not just hang out with each other the whole time.

I'm surprised that Madison was all smiling in that photo that Meri posted--I thought it was stated elsewhere that Maddie hates Meri, called her a monster, abusive, etc, yet she's smiling and looking all happy to be in a picture with Meri's (soon to be) daughter-in-law.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, kimaken said:

This is a business-related cruise, not a tourist-type cruise, so being family members on the same business cruise doesn't mean you all have to stick together like glue. I should think that if all these family members are now selling LLR products, they're on the cruise to meet and network with new people, not just hang out with each other the whole time.

I'm surprised that Madison was all smiling in that photo that Meri posted--I thought it was stated elsewhere that Maddie hates Meri, called her a monster, abusive, etc, yet she's smiling and looking all happy to be in a picture with Meri's (soon to be) daughter-in-law.

Maddie has never met a camera she didn't love.  Watch her expressions in group shots, when she thinks someone else is the focus she is dour and unhappy looking.  When she realizes the camera is on her, out comes the sun and her toothy grin.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

ETA:  Interesting that Audrey is on the ship, but Mariah is home cleaning up their apartment.  Wouldn't Meri spring for Mariah to sail along?  Wouldn't the student loans stretch that far?  Too many lattes, spin classes, and avo sandwiches?

Is Audrey the one who's selling LLR while Mariah is in grad school? I think the reason Mariah didn't come along is because (1) school--if the cruise is happening now, it's March and school should be in session, and (2) dogs can't be left home alone. I don't think they've been Chicago long enough to have a trusted friend to dog-sit for them.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, kimaken said:

This is a business-related cruise, not a tourist-type cruise, so being family members on the same business cruise doesn't mean you all have to stick together like glue.

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to hang together.  But when I was a speaker at a conference where there were 4000 people, I still arranged a time and place to meet up with friends for a dinner and chat and this was in pre-texting days. 

These are supposedly close family members.  Clearly the whole SW all-for-one and one-for all story is total BS.  It's every man for himself with this bunch.  It's a wonder they stick to the whole cockamamie "celestial planet in the afterlife" story since they can't stand each other.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to hang together.  But when I was a speaker at a conference where there were 4000 people, I still arranged a time and place to meet up with friends for a dinner and chat and this was in pre-texting days. 

These are supposedly close family members.  Clearly the whole SW all-for-one and one-for all story is total BS.  It's every man for himself with this bunch.  It's a wonder they stick to the whole cockamamie "celestial planet in the afterlife" story since they can't stand each other.

So true. I was wondering if Meri is the upline "mentor" to Maddie, Audrey, AND Christine in this LLR business. Or, if she brought in Maddie and Audrey, perhaps Maddie brought in Christine? I would think if they're in the same sales team or group, they'd get together at least once to meet and discuss things/

• Love 4

She's taking selfies with MEN!  In the old days, Kootie would have had a fit.  Now he won't give two shits. 

I agree with Sandy - Maddie is smiling and being nice, only when the camera is on her.  I think she's a snippy little brat, although not in the same league as Meri/Mariah/Mykelti.  The M Quartet.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

What kind of business gets done on a LuLaRoe Cruise?  It's not like they can sell their clothes to each other.  

They get to practice their inspirational chants on each other.  Because I Can!  Because of LulaNo!  Where's My Why!

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A1FB59AC-5D69-433B-902F-9CB80FE74675.jpeg

F64B9A41-DB17-4DB3-9A02-83BE3AF473BA.jpeg

55D1D33E-9600-4644-BEA9-1E7943C6BEDE.jpeg

74CFA1D0-0F3B-4C40-8BDC-4CAEFC8E16AE.jpeg

646BA102-378F-4D43-B02C-22C76627C2A0.jpeg

9B4BD3B6-9F13-4C26-A588-54FD4CA6D2DF.jpeg

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And the best for last.......

A1043F17-3CEF-4E40-99E7-E6E688BC903F.jpeg

I heartily apologize for re-quoting these hideous photos but I have lots of questions...so many questions........

There's Pudge but where's Sludge??  Is Pudge on the cruise solo?  Surely if Sludge were there Meri would've chased her down for a photo op?  Are Maddie and Pudge seriously such good salespeople that they got invited on the cruise, or does Meri (who's clearly a top seller) get to bring along her minions?

Who's the rando with his mouth open in the third photo?  Is he screaming from the fumes of mildewed polyester that envelope him everywhere he goes?  Was Meri trying to stop him from jumping off the boat when he realized that this cruise that he saved up for was filled with women wearing demonic chihuahua leggings and skirts pattered after the intestinal tracts of water buffalo?

The dude with the short hair....a consultant's husband, maybe?  But he's really creepy.  And also a wee too familiar with Meri.  Yuck.  And also, gross.

The last photo - BWAHAHAHAHA.  I think that we could each blindfold ourselves, walk into the nearest second-hand shop, pull four items blindly off the racks, put them on and STILL look more color-coordinated than these LLN consultants!  And the guy stepping out looking snazzy in his blue flecked shirt combined with purple and black checked shorts...you guys, if Meri weren't in the picture I'd think I was looking at an SNL skit. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1