Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Polygamous Cul-de-Sac

Message added by Scarlett45

I  understand the fear, concern, heartbreak, and stress in this current situation. I ask that we please remember the politics policy. Keep politics, political references, and political figures (past and present) out of the discussion.

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Start Topic

I'm fairly good at spelling, but grammar-wise, probably not as good.  I see mistakes on posts by educated people, and have a few pet peeves.  I do struggle sometimes with pronunciation of unfamiliar words.  I wish words were all spelled phonetically and look the way they sound!  My husband is dyslexic, and he's the smartest person I know.  He just doesn't read well or spell well.  

13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anyone have recommendations for books or websites to help someone improve their (English) grammar? I speak fluently, but my written form is not the greatest.  I use grammarly for some things, but sometimes I’m like ummmm…I better throw a comma in because I haven’t used one in a while 😔.  I promise to share any tips or recommendations with Amy (from LPBW)  all of The Browns!! 😊

*On a related note: suppose vs. supposed confuses me for some reason.

p.s. I read a fair amount, but I feel like some books aren’t  grammatically correct nowadays (maybe I’m crazy).  I learned English fairly young, but speaking was always easier than writing for me.

I agree about books.  I read a lot on my Kindle, and some of the words and usages that are incorrect, are very apparent.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago

Does anyone have recommendations on tablets?  I currently have an old iPad Air.  I basically just use it to read the interwebz and watch videos on Hoopla or Tubi.  Does everybody just use iPads (if so what model) or are there other brands you like?

Also looking at getting a new phone, any recommendations on that? Currently I have an old iPhone, but I only get a new phone when my breaks, I don’t  really do normal upgrades.   I barely use my phone compared to most people my age.  I do use it to surf the internet only when I’m at the drs office waiting.  I play 2 games on it and of course text/call.  I asked my husband and friends and they seem to have outrageously priced phones to me.  I do like the new Razr but that is probably on nostalgia since a Razr was my first phone so I can’t justify getting it just for that reason.  

Things I care about:

durable, I drop my phone and lose it (in my house) a lot 

Like a smartphone, but don’t need it, so open to both

want to stay under $700 (but willing to go higher if it is magical in some way)

has a camera so I can take pics of my dogs 🐶 🐶

Don't want to recommend any type of phone because I use my smartphone for just about everything so I don't know about those with less capability.

However, I can highly recommend the Otterbox to keep what you purchase damage free. I have never had an issue with a broken phone and I routinely drop mine even on pavement.  The Otterbox has kept every phone I have had safe and sound.  There are different sizes so be sure to get the correct one for your make and model. I  got last one off of eBay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Don't want to recommend any type of phone because I use my smartphone for just about everything so I don't know about those with less capability.

However, I can highly recommend the Otterbox to keep what you purchase damage free. I have never had an issue with a broken phone and I routinely drop mine even on pavement.  The Otterbox has kept every phone I have had safe and sound.  There are different sizes so be sure to get the correct one for your make and model. I  got last one off of eBay.

Thanks!  I did read otter boxes were great …..good to know that’s true!

• Like 3

Didn't know where to put this. If someone has a better idea go for it.

Is anyone else watching the snyopsis episodes showing now on TLC? A patchwork of the history stitched together.  Interesting to see it all play out at one time. I wonder how far it will go. Looks like just the real early years.

It is on  6PM to 10PM my time Mountain Time. It is just called Sister Wives.

Quick edit: Even before they are married the fake tears have begun!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Is anyone else watching the snyopsis episodes showing now on TLC?

I didn't know it existed, but is ran here in Alberta 6-10pm DMT and repeats from 10pm-2am.  I've set it to record, though I missed the first 45 minutes. Apparently they all run again next Thursday Sept 12th at the same times.

Edited by Denize
  • Useful 2