Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: What Took You So Long?

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Connie and Amy are on the wrong show.  Maybe not Connie entirely because she has a little crazy, but damn they hold it down.

I wonder if Emile would have backed Rocky if he knew she was fucking Eddie.  Doubt it.

Rocky...I'm a little biased because as I've mentioned before I'm dealing with my own little Rocky at work and they're truly annoying people but...what a fucktwit.  Did she really think that Kate somehow convinced the Captain to fire Leon?  Did she need to steal his moment by diving off the boat?  To respond to a compliment from Kate with a tirade?  

Little princess needs to go back to her parents house and stay there.   I mean, the world is harsh.  Someone might actually want you to do your job, and they might not tell you to do it in the way you want them to.  That's not mean, that's life, and she clearly can't deal with it.  Maybe her parents will give her the undying adulation she apparently needs in order to survive (though perhaps not if they sent her off on a yacht for a summer and encouraged her to stay there).  I really wish we got to see them on The People's Couch or something, because I'm dying to know whether they'd respond to her bad behavior at all.

I guess now Kate finally has someone there who kisses her ass, literally, she looked so happy when Ben was back.   I wonder how Kate would react if there were actual people of color as guests?  I wonder if she'd hide that permanent scowl on her face.

I truly do not get this comment.  Last season Kate hated Amy, who's white.  She's scowled at most of the guests, who are white.  She seems pretty equal opportunity.

I'm not sure how I'd have handled the situation with Leon.  I think the way it went down made it easier for them to hide things from the guests. If he'd just stayed, the combo of him, Rocky, and Kate in that kitchen would have exploded.  He made it clear he was going after Kate, probably repeating Rocky's allegations about Kate drinking, and his attitude showed he was going to continue his refusal to interact with Kate at all.  Hell, he was barely interacting with the Captain.  Rocky made it clear she was gunning for Kate (why don't people her age understand that sometimes their opinions don't actually matter?).  How could you leave that fester, even for one more day?

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 12

I don't think it's completely unreasonable to ask someone to stay and finish out a job when they have been let go when they are mature clear thinking adults... But thinking Leon would do the mature thing? Yeah that's a little far fetched. And I think being let go and fired are 2 different things, let go usually indicates there are other factors going into the decision and it's not always done out of animosity, but fired generally means there is a pretty big disciplinary and/or safety issue. Honestly though, if really would have benefitted Leon more than the rest of the crew because I'm assuming he still would have received his share of the tips had he just stuck it out the rest of that day. I don't think it would have been wise on the crews part because there any number of ways he could have sabotaged things, but for Leon it was just one more afternoon/evening of working, it's not. Like they had another overnight or anything, he already "earned" (I used that term loosely because it seems he was sleeping more often than not this episode) most of the tip

• Love 3

Eddie knew Rocky was bonkers from the first day of the charter when she climbed to the radar, and it was reaffirmed in all of her subsequent crazy ass shenanigans. He chose to hook up with her anyway, IMO for the purpose of showing his girlfriend he has options. So, I still think it was a dick move to ignore her later.

However, I have not hooked up with Rocky and I'd probably give her the cold shoulder (btw, autocorrect just suggested I meant give her the "gold soldier") for putting grenadine on oysters.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Thanks for whomever mentioned the unseen footage on the Bravo site. Rocky cannot seem to handle when someone (or two people, Eddie and Amy) disagree with her. She gets all weird with hiding her face in her hair and then her shirt, and says "I don't want to talk about this anymore". Rocky does not seem to be able to have a rational conversation. Eddie and Amy were calmly explaining their points of view, but she does not want to hear it.  Rocky also, seems to think that the reason Leon was fired was because of the fire, when in my opinion, I do not think that was the main reason he was fired at all. 

• Love 7

Also, how is it that Captain Lee could just ring up Chef Ben and summon him to Eros?  According to the Captain, he has no say in hiring the crew; it's all done by production.

And THIS is why I think Leon lasted as long as he did (and why ROcky is still there). Capt. Lee CAN'T fire the cast at will. He has to get approval from Bravo. My guess is that he has made numerous complaints to Bravo through the season about Leon and wanted to fire him but was told he couldn't both for drama and because getting a replacement for the short season would be tough. I bet Bravo has been in negotiations with Ben for a while, and when he finally said yes, Capt. Lee was given the green light to let Leon go upon the next fire-able offense.

• Love 6

Also, how is it that Captain Lee could just ring up Chef Ben and summon him to Eros?  According to the Captain, he has no say in hiring the crew; it's all done by production.

Ben did say that he's been called to a few charters last minute to help. But Capt. Lee paid for the lunch for the guests supposedly out of his own pocket. Who paid for the big fireworks show on the island?  That must have cost thousands.

• Love 2

Thanks for whomever mentioned the unseen footage on the Bravo site. Rocky cannot seem to handle when someone (or two people, Eddie and Amy) disagree with her. She gets all weird with hiding her face in her hair and then her shirt, and says "I don't want to talk about this anymore". Rocky does not seem to be able to have a rational conversation. Eddie and Amy were calmly explaining their points of view, but she does not want to hear it.  Rocky also, seems to think that the reason Leon was fired was because of the fire, when in my opinion, I do not think that was the main reason he was fired at all. 

I seriously think that Rocky is bi-polar and was in a manic phase. She fits nearly all the components of someone in the manic phase.

Euphoria or irritability

Increased energy and activity

Excessive talk; racing thoughts

Inflated self-esteem

Unusual energy; less need for sleep

Impulsiveness, a reckless pursuit of gratification (shopping sprees, impetuous travel, more and sometimes promiscuous sex

Plus, she has those crazy googly eyes that are creepy (like this)

1362713507988777_animate.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

And THIS is why I think Leon lasted as long as he did (and why ROcky is still there). Capt. Lee CAN'T fire the cast at will. He has to get approval from Bravo. My guess is that he has made numerous complaints to Bravo through the season about Leon and wanted to fire him but was told he couldn't both for drama and because getting a replacement for the short season would be tough. I bet Bravo has been in negotiations with Ben for a while, and when he finally said yes, Capt. Lee was given the green light to let Leon go upon the next fire-able offense.

That's not right. He can fire at will, but he has no hiring authority.  But your scenario works.  Bravo could have had Ben lined up so Lee could then fire Leon.

I seriously think that Rocky is bi-polar and was in a manic phase. She fits nearly all the components of someone that are in a manic phase.

Euphoria or irritability

Increased energy and activity

Excessive talk; racing thoughts

Inflated self-esteem

Unusual energy; less need for sleep

Impulsiveness, a reckless pursuit of gratification (shopping sprees, impetuous travel, more and sometimes promiscuous sex

Plus, she has those crazy googly eyes that are creepy (like this)

1362713507988777_animate.gif

But where's the other pole?  

My dx is basic spoiled brat.

• Love 1

Also, how is it that Captain Lee could just ring up Chef Ben and summon him to Eros? According to the Captain, he has no say in hiring the crew; it's all done by production.

Part of me suspects that this was a production plot, and that Leon was never going to finish the charter season, he was just filling in until Ben was available. It's hard to know what exactly is altered and what is "reality"

• Love 12

But where's the other pole?

My dx is basic spoiled brat.

That's certainly an aggravating factor! Overall, though, I agree she's treading within the scarier territory of the very broad bipolar spectrum. I have vast anecdotal knowledge of BPD which I will spare everyone, you're welcome--but IMO an example of a depressive state would be when she called her dad in hysterical, it's-the-end-of-the-world tears because Kate was mean to her. He didn't react like this was a new thing. IF it wasn't scripted, I'd be curious how long she stayed depressed after that night, or if she bounced back. Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Ben and his throaty, dirty laugh. Yesssss.

From the editing, it seemed like a whole lot more was said during the incident reports than we saw, and again with the Leon firing scene, so I'm hoping some of the Lee's TH scenes were said in person as well. That's my happy place. But unless every bit of this is scripted and everyone enjoys a normal, happy coexistence off camera, I can see Leon never learning a damn thing from this. I remember thinking he was a bit off when he talked to his daughters on the phone. Great, Daddy is coming back.

• Love 2

Leon's eyes when he was told about the fire said so much. His brain went into overdrive as to how he could be held responsible and the first thing he did was start scrubbing the wall behind the stove and then the stove itself. He knew the oven was filthy but he didn't know if the captain had looked at it yet so he was covering his lazy ass as much as he could by cleaning as much as he could. He knew he messed up.

I wonder if Leon and Rocky had a little  somethin' somethin' in the laundry room and that's why she went to over the top. Promiscuous sex is manic behavior. I agree with the poster who said Rocky was having a manic episode. I live with mania and I've done these things. Seeing them on screen makes me so glad I've learned to cope over the years because I was messed up! Thing is is she probably doesn't even realize she's acting out manically, I don't until it's over...Sometimes a month or more.

Ben and Kate - Seriously?

• Love 7

I always give a side eye to people who don't know how to cook and seem proud of it, I think people should be taught cooking in high school, but that's an unpopular opinion these days. At the least they should be taught how to clean an oven.

I probably fit into this catagory, I'm not really proud per se, but I am very up front with it, and it's really quite comical how very bad at it I am, like I made brownies once and I guess I didn't mix it well at all, because there were bits where the eggs scrambled. But it's actually really sad that Rocky claims to be so good, and she's not at all.

I'm not shocked to read that Rocky really has no yacht experience (that's what the LinkedIn on her thread says at least). The whole jumping ship thing just proves she is extremely impulsive and doesn't think before she does anything, which could have been very dangerous. I can't get over the crushed Oreo salad, I'm a picky eater, it took a while for me to realize I'm ok with fruit in my salad, but I don't think I'll ever be ok with Oreos. I wonder if that charter is gonna regret the tip they gave after seeing this.

• Love 2

Ben and his throaty, dirty laugh. Yesssss.

From the editing, it seemed like a whole lot more was said during the incident reports than we saw, and again with the Leon firing scene, so I'm hoping some of the Lee's TH scenes were said in person as well. That's my happy place. But unless every bit of this is scripted and everyone enjoys a normal, happy coexistence off camera, I can see Leon never learning a damn thing from this. I remember thinking he was a bit off when he talked to his daughters on the phone. Great, Daddy is coming back.

Those girls better have clean rooms because daddy is a stickler for cleanliness and he likes making girls cry.

edited to add: ....except when it comes to ovens.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Jesus, doesn't Kate know that by fucking Ben, she essentially fucked Kat, too?  I hope they all get an extensive STD screening.

There was a clip ins last season's preview opener with Kate, Kat and Ben all arguing over something and then Kate saying something about being in competition with Kat over Ben. In the end, none of it actually made it into the season, which is odd because it seems like the type of thing Bravo would salivate over.

I think Kate is very aware that she's scooping up Kat's scraps. I honestly thought they were all just being cheeky when they talked about the two of them hooking up but now I'm not so sure. I can see Ben's charm but you couldn't pay me to sleep with him. I'd rather eat Rocky's robitussin oysters

• Love 3

I probably fit into this catagory, I'm not really proud per se, but I am very up front with it, and it's really quite comical how very bad at it I am, like I made brownies once and I guess I didn't mix it well at all, because there were bits where the eggs scrambled. But it's actually really sad that Rocky claims to be so good, and she's not at all.

Yeah, same here. And with brownies, too. I had a three step recipe and I fucked up two steps.

• Love 2

Connie and Amy are on the wrong show.  Maybe not Connie entirely because she has a little crazy, but damn they hold it down.

Connie's crazy, however is reserved for when she's off the clock, guests are nowhere in sight, and neither impacts her job nor her co-workers negatively. If I were her boss I'd be glad to have her around and maybe just pass on partying with her after the first drink of the evening.

Conversely, if I were Captain Lee I'd have been SO tempted to tell Connie to raise anchor and get the yacht underway as soon as Rocky did her swan dive, Bravo execs be damned.

When Kate said "I have a lot of faith in Rocky. All yacht chefs are crazy, and she's definitely got the crazy part down," I fell out laughing.

• Love 9

On the phone--to Ben, presumably--Captain Lee said, "I lost my chef in the middle of a charter."

Umm, no, you fired your chef in the middle of a charter.  What happened to that whole game plan where unsatisfactory crew members are ushered out via the special "tip & ticket" combo package of doom?

I guess if someone fired me and then proposed I go whip out a grand finale effort before my exit, I'd bee-line straight on out the door, too.  The promise of some mystery tip wouldn't even slow me down, compared to enduring a lengthy shitfest of awkwardness topped off with Kate's self-satisfied glee.

Bonehead move, Cappy.

In real life, and in season 1 of this show, that's exactly what would have happened. But because this show is a hit, and because Andy Cohen and Co. just can't help but interfere, they want the drama amped up as much as possible so I'm guessing Cappy was "encouraged" to do it this way.

It was weird to see Ben, and realize that Captain and Eddie are the only two original cast members that have stayed on for the entire run.

• Love 4

Connie's crazy, however is reserved for when she's off the clock, guests are nowhere in sight, and neither impacts her job nor her co-workers negatively. If I were her boss I'd be glad to have her around and maybe just pass on partying with her after the first drink of the evening.

Conversely, if I were Captain Lee I'd have been SO tempted to tell Connie to raise anchor and get the yacht underway as soon as Rocky did her swan dive, Bravo execs be damned.

When Kate said "I have a lot of faith in Rocky. All yacht chefs are crazy, and she's definitely got the crazy part down," I fell out laughing.

I agree about Connie, and I didn't think I would like her initially, but she has proven herself probably more than anyone else on the boat (Amy is awesome too, but I already knew that from last season, so no need to prove anything). If the craziest thing is her love of nudity and food bikinis, bring it. I mean I'm not personally a fan, but she switches it off the moment the job calls for it so I really couldn't care less what she does because she still gets her job done.

• Love 4
as far as leon's cooking skills......eddie's steak got the same high compliments..........so yeaaaaaaaa.

Tonight confirmed my suspicions that there's a self-fulfilling prophecy going on with these guests and their love of the "cuisine." They expect it to be great because it's a luxury yacht, so they are predisposed to rave about it. Also just because manners. Like when you're at a restaurant and the food's average, but the waiter asks you how it is and you say "Great!"

• Love 5

That's certainly an aggravating factor! Overall, though, I agree she's treading within the scarier territory of the very broad bipolar spectrum. I have vast anecdotal knowledge of BPD which I will spare everyone, you're welcome--but IMO an example of a depressive state would be when she called her dad in hysterical, it's-the-end-of-the-world tears because Kate was mean to her. He didn't react like this was a new thing. IF it wasn't scripted, I'd be curious how long she stayed depressed after that night, or if she bounced back.

I don't think whining to your parents because your boss is mean is a sign of depression.  I think it's a sign of someone who is used to always getting their way and rebels when she actually has to answer to a boss and do a job that's not fun and games all the time.  Seeing her job history (in the Rocky thread), it looks like holding down a job is not Rocky's strong suit.  Kate nailed it a few episodes back when she said that Rocky was used to be told by her parents what a special snowflake she is.  Her flipping out and diving into the ocean was a temper tantrum because, again, she didn't get her way. 

• Love 5

Tonight confirmed my suspicions that there's a self-fulfilling prophecy going on with these guests and their love of the "cuisine." They expect it to be great because it's a luxury yacht, so they are predisposed to rave about it. Also just because manners. Like when you're at a restaurant and the food's average, but the waiter asks you how it is and you say "Great!"

And also because they know millions are watching them on TV and they got to go on a luxury charter at half price because of this, so they probably feel pretty lucky to get first-class treatment at second class prices.

• Love 3

I'm fairly convinced that aside from maybe the snob who wanted/knew what wines to pair with each course, none of these rich people truly have an elevated or sophisticated palate. They all act like every meal was one sent from heaven and none like they've ever tasted before.  I'm sure Ben is capable of creating some masterpieces, and I do think Leon has knocked it out of the ballpark a few times when he gave enough of a damn to actually step up to the plate, but this show leaves me of the mindset that money doesn't buy you taste (pun intended).  Case in point - you can't honestly tell me that what Rocky cooked was anywhere near something as good as Ben or Leon's dishes and yet this last set of charter guests praised everything she made.  Yeah, okay.

I know Connie has dentures, but for some reason, I was fixated on looking at them during this episode.  I have to say that I'm rather impressed at how "average" looking they are and not like big, blindingly white porcelain veneers; they don't look perfect like how I expect dentures to look at all.  Had she never brought up the fact that she has dentures, I never in a million years would have guessed she had them.  (By the way, did she ever say why she has dentures?  Just curious because having them so young is rare, so it makes me wonder what happened to her real teeth.)

It was weird to see Ben, and realize that Captain and Eddie are the only two original cast members that have stayed on for the entire run.

I honestly didn't catch much of season 1. Ben wasn't the chef then, too?

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 2

The Captain should have fired both Leon and Kate.  What experienced Chief Stewardess would not know the basics of handling an oven fire in the galley?  She and Rocky fanned the flames, left the oven open, did not attempt to put the fire out with an extinguisher, then ran out of the galley while radioing for help.  Did she even shut off the oven?  Kate had just burned the popcorn in the microwave and I think most of the smoke from the oven fire was from that.  Kate should know how to deal with this kind of emergency.   

Exactly.   What a bunch of dysfunctional misfits.  The only two people I like from the entire yacht are the first officer and Amy.    The rest need to hit the road.  

Edited by Mars7

I'm fairly convinced that aside from maybe the snob who wanted/knew what wines to pair with each course, none of these rich people truly have an elevated or sophisticated palate. They all act like every meal was one sent from heaven and none like they've ever tasted before.  I'm sure Ben is capable of creating some masterpieces, and I do think Leon has knocked it out of the ballpark a few times when he gave enough of a damn to actually step up to the plate, but this show leaves me of the mindset that money doesn't buy you taste (pun intended).  Case in point - you can't honestly tell me that what Rocky cooked was anywhere near something as good as Ben or Leon's dishes and yet this last set of charter guests praised everything she made.  Yeah, okay.

A lot of the charter guests seem to be 'new money' entrepreneurs. I think some of them went on the show, not only for the budget holiday, but to promote their business (looking at you Timothy Sykes).

It's probably a lot like art. A layman can look at a $5K painting and appreciate it but until it's next to a $5M painting, they don't realize the difference. I'm sure they were more than happy with Leon's cooking/plating, but compare it side by side with Ben's and they might change their tune. And by the time anyone tries Rocky's food, they were so liquored up they probably couldn't taste anything anymore. Kate made sure of that!

I know Connie has dentures, but for some reason, I was fixated on looking at them during this episode.  I have to say that I'm rather impressed at how "average" looking they are and not like big, blindingly white porcelain veneers; they don't look perfect like how I expect dentures to look at all.  Had she never brought up the fact that she has dentures, I never in a million years would have guessed she had them.  (By the way, did she ever say why she has dentures?  Just curious because having them so young is rare, so it makes me wonder what happened to her real teeth.)

I think she mentioned that her teeth just never came in as a kid. I could be mistaken, but I also can't imagine an accident would cause such a symmetrical injury.

I honestly didn't catch much of season 1. Ben wasn't the chef then, too?

He was in the first season. I think methodwriter is referring to the fact that he didn't start off as chef this season.

• Love 4

There's almost certainly some of that going on, though I suspect Kate's hopes about copious amounts of alcohol dulling everyone's taste buds were borne out as well—she and Amy were fairly liberal with the booze to keep the guests happy and unaware of all the disasters this charter. Tonight the guests were mostly raving about Eddie's steaks, which, when you're working with tenderloins, are pretty easy for anyone to make delicious if they just get a good sear on the exterior. (For example I've had no culinary training at all, but with nothing more than oil, salt, and pepper I can turn out a NY strip that's better than what I can get at the local Longhorn Steakhouse and not that far beneath what the chef at the fine dining restaurant down the street charges $30 a plate for.)

• Love 5

I don't think whining to your parents because your boss is mean is a sign of depression.  I think it's a sign of someone who is used to always getting their way and rebels when she actually has to answer to a boss and do a job that's not fun and games all the time.  Seeing her job history (in the Rocky thread), it looks like holding down a job is not Rocky's strong suit.  Kate nailed it a few episodes back when she said that Rocky was used to be told by her parents what a special snowflake she is.  Her flipping out and diving into the ocean was a temper tantrum because, again, she didn't get her way. 

I agree with this.  To me Rocky has a clear survival strategy, which was on display this episode.  She flirts or cries to gain allies, with the occasional acting out to refocus attention on her (Leon's getting a dramatic exit? time to dive into the sea!).  In a way it's smart, albeit increasingly unlikely to succeed as she gets older, and to me she seems pretty good at deploying different tactics as needed.  I mean, she didn't go crying to Emile, right?  She flirted her way through that interaction and saved the sobbing for mommy and daddy.

I don't mean to suggest she does this consciously.  I think it's probably instinct for at this point, for the most part.

• Love 4

I know Connie has dentures, but for some reason, I was fixated on looking at them during this episode.  I have to say that I'm rather impressed at how "average" looking they are and not like big, blindingly white porcelain veneers; they don't look perfect like how I expect dentures to look at all.  Had she never brought up the fact that she has dentures, I never in a million years would have guessed she had them.  (By the way, did she ever say why she has dentures?  Just curious because having them so young is rare, so it makes me wonder what happened to her real teeth.)

Connie does not have dentures. She has a partial plate. Same thing I have. She said some of her teeth never came in and she has the partial fill in the holes. My front tooth broke  (on a peanut for gods sake) I had to get a partial or look like a pumpkin. They pulled 4 other teeth that were shot so my partial has 5 teeth in it. You can;t tell! They match them to your existing teeth in color. 

Rocky, Rocky,Rocky......child you need help! Please see a therapist and get some meds.I was SOOOO hoping she would swim of into the sunset........

• Love 4

Rocky is pretty delusional, and I can only hope that in ten years she looks back at this footage and realizes how freaking Ricky-From-The-Partridge-Family she was.

I have to say I feel for Eddie. We've allllllll had those flings where you don't realize how embarrassingly terrible the person is until after you sleep with them; he has the unfortunate honor of having his embarrassing fling's buttcheeks flapping all over cable TV.

• Love 1

He knew before he hit it repeatedly. Otherwise he's blind and stupid.

A person watching for 45 minutes knows and they don't even live or work with her.

She kinda reminds me of someone from Rock of Love or Flavor of Love in her antics and random comments and culinary skills.

Maybe they can bring back that franchise and with Tommy Lee or Corey Feldman and se can be on it.

• Love 4

Oh, he knew—he commented about how crazy she is in his talking heads, and was actually vocally taken aback when she did her lunatic laugh for no reason in the crew galley shortly after they met. Eddie has no one to blame but himself for that mess, and should count his lucky stars Rocky was too wrapped up in drama with Kate and Leon to go full-on bunny boiler with him. Anyone who witnessed five minutes of her behavior with the various men she wrapped herself around would have to realize that she's too clingy and desperate for attention to have a no-strings-attached fling.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 6

The Captain should have fired both Leon and Kate. What experienced Chief Stewardess would not know the basics of handling an oven fire in the galley? She and Rocky fanned the flames, left the oven open, did not attempt to put the fire out with an extinguisher, then ran out of the galley while radioing for help. Did she even shut off the oven? Kate had just burned the popcorn in the microwave and I think most of the smoke from the oven fire was from that. Kate should know how to deal with this kind of emergency.

I was thinking the same thing in terms of "there's a fire? Open the oven! Fan the flames" Um, really?

Here's my problem with this whole scenario:

Leon was liked by several members of the staff, he was a pretty good chef (the guests seemed to love his food), and he wasn't even around for the oven fire. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was fired. I certainly wouldn't hang out and cook for the man that fired me.

I agree. Both Rocky and Kate should be held responsible about the fact that neither knew basic fire safety rules. Both appeared confused about the location of the fire extinguishers and Rocky left the door of the oven open while flames were still alive. And they both knew that oven was dirty as hell. Leon should have made sure it was clean, but both Rocky and Kate are old enough to know that it was a fire hazard in the making. Kate set the microwave timer for the popcorn and I assume she set it too high, so yeah, she also should be held responsible for that. Based on their behavior that night, I would assume neither had any experience working on a yacht because they seemed so out of their elements.

This show is just weird. I try to suspend disbelief since it's a reality show and the cast is hired by Bravo, not the captain, but it is really hard to do so.

Edited by trimthatfat

A person watching for 45 minutes knows and they don't even live or work with her.

She kinda reminds me of someone from Rock of Love or Flavor of Love in her antics and random comments and culinary skills.

Maybe they can bring back that franchise and with Tommy Lee or Corey Feldman and se can be on it.

I believe the direct quote was "but she has a nice ass".

I watched the episode again, and I noticed how when stuff started going wrong Rocky immediately started yelling "ugh Kate" it just seemed kinda odd until I thought about the fact that she was probably always "on" and aware that she was on camera so she immediately played it up, being Kate's fault and all. Then when they were meeting with the captain nobody else's name came out of Kate's mouth other than factual accounts of who was where, she did not in fact get anyone fired, in fact she didn't blame anyone, she simply stated what happened. The moment Rocky and Leon started it was emphasized the Kate didn't pull the pans out, well as far as Leon was concerned it was more "uhh I was sleeping but Rocky said Kate didn't take the clean dry pans out".

While yes, maybe Kate should have checked, I can see why she didn't. Being someone who does not cook regularly I wouldn't think to check before preheating, in fact that has happened to me where I preheated the oven after my brother left a dirty pizza pan in there (btw who takes the pizza of the pan and leaves the pan in the oven!?) our oven didn't catch fire, but it did smell up the house. My guess is that by the time Kate went to put the pizza in the pans were literally a hot mess, and it's not like there is a ton of room for her to then remove the pans. And as far as the popcorn is concerned... Is it really unreasonable to hit stop when you no longer hear kernels popping? I always set it longer than needed if I'm going to be near because it's easier to stop it than setting it a short amount of time and having to restart the microwave. And I also find if you use the popcorn button it goes way longer than necessary. Rocky acted like setting the microwave for popcorn is a binding contract and there was nothing to be done once Kate set it too long.

• Love 8

What experienced Chief Stewardess would not know the basics of handling an oven fire in the galley? She and Rocky fanned the flames, left the oven open, did not attempt to put the fire out with an extinguisher, then ran out of the galley while radioing for help.

All the knowledge in the world about what to do can be moot in the first few seconds of an actual emergency. They did think of the extinguisher because we heard "where's the extinguisher?" yelled out. It's an open question whether they couldn't remember in the heat of the moment, they never knew, or it wasn't where they expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Leon moved it to where he preferred it to be in "his" kitchen and didn't think to tell anyone.

• Love 9

I'm not defending him but I did understand when Leon asked why he was being interviewed for true incident report. I'm not an expert but I think many companies and insurance agencies require them. I work in dog grooming and handling so have been involved in a few and usually its only those there at that moment furnishing the information.

At the end of the day I think both Leon and Kate are at fault. Yes Leon probably left old rolls or potatoes in the oven. But his defense could be she should have removed them before cooking, or hell maybe she left the cardboard on the frozen pizza as she baked it (ha my mom did that once). But the kitchen is his domain and responsibility also.

IDGAF, as soon as I heard Ben I sighed. Love.the accent, and just such a breath of fresh air after Leon. I wish Kat would come back, but I'll take Ben being his awesome (albeit sometimes slow) self.

• Love 1

Rocky acted like setting the microwave for popcorn is a binding contract and there was nothing to be done once Kate set it too long.

That just cracked me up!

Yeah, same here. And with brownies, too. I had a three step recipe and I fucked up two steps

This did too.

• Love 5

It wasn't old rolls or potatoes that caused the fire it was the grease and debris from a dirty oven that he wasn't cleaning regularly like he should have been. Even Rocky commented on how dirty the oven was which makes her it's all Kate's fault stance even more ridiculous.

• Love 5

I'm not defending him but I did understand when Leon asked why he was being interviewed for true incident report. I'm not an expert but I think many companies and insurance agencies require them. I work in dog grooming and handling so have been involved in a few and usually its only those there at that moment furnishing the information.

At the end of the day I think both Leon and Kate are at fault. Yes Leon probably left old rolls or potatoes in the oven. But his defense could be she should have removed them before cooking, or hell maybe she left the cardboard on the frozen pizza as she baked it (ha my mom did that once). But the kitchen is his domain and responsibility also.

Rocky discovered the dirty oven earlier in the day, three potatoes left on the rack and carbon bubbles of burnt potato juices on the floor of the oven. When the still frozen pizza on the pan was removed after they discovered smoke, the potatoes were gone and other pans were covering the bottom area. The next morning we saw Chef Slack Ass furiously scrubbing the oven trying to get rid of all the carbonized oven crud evidence that was obviously left.

What that tells me is that Rocky just removed the potatoes, then she either just left the carbon bubbles and any other fluids on the oven floor, or she just broke up the carbon bubbles and brushed them out but DID NOT ACTUALLY CLEAN THE OVEN.

Even if Kate had pulled those pans out the floor of that dirty oven, which more likely than not still had potato juice drippings all over the floor, it still would have caught fire because the conditions were right.

It is still Rocky's fault as she was working under Leon and ULTIMATELY it was Leon's fault as he was the "chef" in charge of the galley. Neither of them made the effort to clean the oven or check that it was cleaned.

• Love 2

It wasn't old rolls or potatoes that caused the fire it was the grease and debris from a dirty oven that he wasn't cleaning regularly like he should have been. Even Rocky commented on how dirty the oven was which makes her it's all Kate's fault stance even more ridiculous.

I just re-watched the episode and in the "previously on Below Deck" segment, Leon is shown opening the oven when he's baking french fries. The oven is very smokey and he even says, "Oh, Smokey Robinson!" This was before the oven fire happened, so he even knew the oven was so dirty that the spilled and burnt stuff inside was charing and causing nasty smoke. He apparently didn't give a damn. That oven was his responsibility to clean and thus the fire was his fault. 

• Love 8

From your keyboard to God's ears.  More Rock of Love please!  I'd even settle for some Daisy of Love, but please no Rocky of Love.  Although, the lunatics they try to set her up with might be amusing, I don't think the validation of getting her own show would be a nice look on her.

• Love 3