Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: What Took You So Long?

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I mean, did she REALLY go to that school?  Or is she talking out of her ass.  The one we always seem to have to see.

anyone can go to any school.  but we've seen her work ethic (or lack there of) and her attention deficit during her work.  rocky is pee wee herman on speed and doesn't listen.  so do you really think she managed to learn anything from that school?  chances are she just slept with the instructors to get a passing grade.......that would be consistent with what we've seen so far.  "she's not a quitter" after all.

• Love 2

I seriously think that Rocky is bi-polar and was in a manic phase. She fits nearly all the components of someone in the manic phase.

Euphoria or irritability

Increased energy and activity

Excessive talk; racing thoughts

Inflated self-esteem

Unusual energy; less need for sleep

Impulsiveness, a reckless pursuit of gratification (shopping sprees, impetuous travel, more and sometimes promiscuous sex

Plus, she has those crazy googly eyes that are creepy (like this)

This was my Dr. Reality Show diagnosis pretty much right away. Rapid cycling Bipolar 1.

Between Rocky and paranoid angerball Leon, it's been entertaining.

• Love 3

Is Rocky related to Gary Busey? That girl is incoherent and insane.

Okay, I always defend Gary Busey because he suffered severe brain damage in a motorcycle accident leaving him with many disabilities. I think Rocky just cracked, not cracked her head open.

• Love 3

I just wish someone had stopped Rocky from doing that. If tgey had tasted one they'd have known. Kate or Eddie could have stepped in to protect the guests because NO ONE in the galley thought the grenadine was a good idea.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

I just saw on Instagram, Kate just tried an oyster with grenadine, her reaction was "it tastes like a chemical reaction of badness", and that she felt sick after.

Like Red Hawk said, she should have tasted one before it was served to the guests if they were questioning it in the galley before service. Then she would have scored points. She doesn't score them for trying it now and finding it nauseating.

• Love 3

I agree that if anyone had a choice Rocky would have been out, I think Kate said she was actually gone for 7-8 hours (I'm not positive that was true), but she popped back up in the end, put out that god awful Oreo salad and swooped in to collect her equal share of the tip. When the total charter was 2-3 days that's a pretty big chunk of time. Plus not only was she MIA, but the others had to compensate and work harder so ve she wasn't there, it's not like things could just not get done and just say "oh, that was Rocky's job"... I can't imaging that nobody would take issue with that. I know the captain has said everyone gets equal, so that's probably what is at play, but I would be furious.

I can believe that it took longer than it appeared on screen. The other boat appeared to be another charter. Why would the other crew inconvenience their guests and put their salaries and tips in danger just because the Eros has a ridiculous childish crew member?

• Love 1

Random thoughts, both from the last 90 seconds of the ep...

Kate:  "Actually, I have been called 'the hunter'.  It was for a different animal."

Ben: "A human?"

Kate: "A specific breed."

Are "gold digger" and "hunter" interchangeable terms? Because that's the vibe I get from her.

Next ep: finally, a Bravo crossover.  Last season I said that RHONY missed an opportunity when they took a cruise during whatever shitstorm/vacation it was that they were on that happens every season on all those Housewives shows.  Maybe Andy Cohen (or at least one of his minions) reads this forum...if so, I wanna get paid!

That's it.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 1

Random thoughts, both from the last 90 seconds of the ep...

Kate: "Actually, I have been called 'the hunter'. It was for a different animal."

Ben: "A human?"

Kate: "A specific breed."

Are "gold digger" and "hunter" interchangeable terms? Because that's the vibe I get from her

I thought she was hinting she's been called a cougar. Since tho she claims she's 32--I and Andy Cohen think she looks much older. She for sure would dig gold if she has a chance. She's made a number of remarks about wanting to find love with a charter lead and social circles she prefers & aspires to. It's not completely impossible Matt Damon married his waitress. Christian Bale married his costars assistant. Britney Spears married a backup dancer.

Ironically Adrienne was one who be friended a charter lead, enough so that they've invited her on vacation with them.

It makes me laugh every time that Emile doesn't seem to have a clue that Rocky and Eddie are "getting it on," as Rocky described it. Even funnier: Emile tells Leon how he masturbated "like, six times" the night before, which IIRC was the same night that Rocky text-tempted Eddie back into the laundry room for another quickie. By that point Eddie was not even that interested. Typical Rocky to chase the guy who's rapidly losing interest while pushing away the guy who probably would have happily served as her "release" buddy the entire season. Or maybe even Emile would have caught on to her craziness after a few nights on laundry duty.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

I can believe that it took longer than it appeared on screen. The other boat appeared to be another charter. Why would the other crew inconvenience their guests and put their salaries and tips in danger just because the Eros has a ridiculous childish crew member?

Would you want to keep her?  Her act gets old after about five minutes.  It was probably better for their tip to get rid of her ASAP.

• Love 1

Would you want to keep her?  Her act gets old after about five minutes.  It was probably better for their tip to get rid of her ASAP.

You mean the crew of the other charter? Surely they wouldn't let a lunatic they fished out of the sea interact with their paying guests?

• Love 1

I applaud anyone who can work on these luxury yachts while themselves bunking in little more than linen closets, size-wise. It reminds me of the era of the aristocracy. These ENORMOUS castles/estates that could house a whole village probably, yet the servants are stuffed into rooms the size of U.S. prison cells. Intentional reminders so you don't forget your 'place?'

The sleeping quarters for the Below Deck crew aren't much better, though there's no reason they too cannot have larger, more humane sleeping quarters that in NO way would make the rest of the yacht feel or have to be smaller.

As FOR the crew:

Kate--Saw half of a previous season and apparently Kate doesn't believe in self-growth. At ALL, lol. She's like one of those people who seem more like mannequins made to mimic/display some human traits, but not a full range of them. Being the top crewbie doesn't mean she also has to be an absolute beyotch. She talks about "professionalism" but that doesn't mean she has to be ignorant too. But maybe she genuinely doesn't know how to be human and in charge, unlike those people who are good enough, secure enough, to be both.

Amy--Should not fool herself into thinking she and Kate are actually besties. It's more a matter, IMO, of Kate needing someone to semi-bond with. Plus it was not many seasons ago (the last one?) that Amy hadn't much positive to say about Kate, thought she was a beyotch. And that hasn't changed. So she should watch her back; Kate would eat her young, and no doubt throw Amy to the sharks without thinking twice about it. Amy is one of the small handful of decent people on the yacht.

Connie--Other than coming off as an ocean-loving redneck (NOT meant as an insult even if it sounds like it is), she worked hard, wanted to learn. But though it took awhile she finally showed HER true colors. She might even be worse than Kate. Really really find distasteful two-faced women--who just give all women a bad rap--aside from those who also talk/criticize about being "professional" yet see nothing unprofessional or tacky about stripping on the job (yacht, restaurant, office building, it doesn't matter--it's still tacky), smearing yourself with peanut butter or whip cream or whatever (btw, is she paying for any of that out of her tips? Pretty sure the yacht owner probably thinks condiments/food toppings etc. are meant to be used on the FOOD, don't you think?). I thought she seemed kind of cool--until her WTF? moment when she seriously and cruelly uber-trashed Rocky. This after pretending to like her previously. Or maybe the show edited out your nasty side until that episode. Regardless, wow, talk about spewing pure venom. In fact, she may very well actually be worse than Kate. Kate seems emotionless most of the time and bitchy the rest of the time--except when acting in front of Captain Lee--but Connie may just be one of those sub-human types. Did she not realize that with the exception of Eddie, NO ONE was comfortable with how ugly she was being. Ick. Just plain rancid.

Rocky--Immature, has some issues with self-restraint unquestionably. But she is actually a genuinely nice, good person. You have to love the irony sailing right over Kate's, Connie's, and Eddie's heads that quite often SHE was the big hit with the guests, esp. her mermaid costume--which ALL the guests have enjoyed. Gee, ever think maybe some of your juicier tips just might have been thanks to HER and the unexpected entertainment she provided? Yeah, she has screwed up, yeah, maybe she's a bit immature. And she is unquestionably dramatic. She could have handled the Emile situation better for sure, as I think she genuinely bruised his heart (and ego perhaps). But I don't think she has an intentionally mean bone in her body. Oh, and being a junior Olympian is pretty darned impressive too.

Leon--Never wanted to be there, don't know why he took the job. Really childish that he has the skills of a top-notch chef--supposedly--but apparently(?) rarely felt it necessary to provide over-the-top incredible meals for guests who were PAYING for great cuisine as well as top-level everything else. Have to say I enjoyed, petty it may be, his absolute disregard for Kate. One of those goes-around-comes-around moments. But he did deserve to be fired and showed no class in the way he handled it.

Emile--Awww. "Mr. South Africa," as Claudia and Cynthia (AKA "Real Housewives Bravolebrities) and family nicknamed him. I loved how sweet he was with the one woman's daughter. It made the trip extra special for her. I loved that. Wish Rocky had been more respectful of his feelings, especially as he is so young, kind of vulnerable. AND loyal to those he cares about. Which can't be said about most of the crew this season.

Eddie--75 parts estrogen, 25 parts testosterone? Gads what a little girl he is. He may be a great bosun but otherwise? It's like, should someone give him a supply of feminine napkins? Yanno? He cry/whines every. night. on the phone with his girlfriend about the. same. things. Except maybe NOW he and his GF have a new topic of conversation--both of them having CHEATED on each other. Now you too are a pig, Eddie. Actually you are worse because you are a liar, and you're vicious. And kind of stupid. How could you NOT laugh your head off when he starts talking--AND HE IS BEING FILMED, THE DUMMY--about keeping "secret" his fooling around with Rocky. C'mon. NO ONE can be THAT dumb! Can they?

Ben--Only seen him on one episode so far. But already he amuses the heck out of me!

• Love 1

Connie just has had enough of Rocky. I don't think she is two faced at all. Connie finally reached her point of putting up with all of the over the top behavior. It just kept going and going and going. Rocky is on all the time jockeying for attention. It even came to seating once,when at the crew table Connie was sitting next to Emil and Rocky just scoots between Connie and the table forcing Connie to have to move. It's little shit like that, plus temper tantrums, plus always being "Look at me!", then finally shirking her duty and then bitching after the dinner she fucked up which happened the day before the crew dinner. It just finally boiled over for Connie. She had enough and apparently said something for the first time because everybody had a WTF look when she finally let them know how she has felt all season.

If Rocky pulled her weight, was considerate of others, and acted half way normal I believe Connie would have been very supportive of her.

I would have told Rocky to give it a fucking rest and stay out of my way along time ago.

• Love 8

Also, when has Connie ever pretended to be Rocky's friend?

Exactly biakbiak! Connie had fun with Rocky (with the whipped Cream Bikini) but she never ever claimed or pretended to be her friend. She saw crazy and kept a friendly distance. She interacted with her but they were never friends.

That looney toon put the cherry on the cake of her craziness the day before the crew dinner. After a temper tantrum over Leon being fired, after being AWOL 7 hours, after fucking up dinner and being an asshole afterwards, after taking her tip with out an apology to the crew who covered for her ass and then the night of the dinner started with all that fake, over the top, look at me laughing business, Connie had enough and needed to have her say about how she felt. God knows that's all we've heard from Ding a Ling all season. Her most over used words are "I", "Me" and "My".

Rocky is genuinely selfish, genuinely self absorbed, genuinely emotionally stunted and, in my opinion, genuinely has a screw loose.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

Amen to all of that. Basically the ONLY good thing I can say about Rocky is that she seems like she's a lot of fun as long as she's the center of attention and everything is going her way, which has worked in favor of the guests' experiences up until that horrible dinner. As soon as anyone disagrees with her or has any expectation of her behaving like a responsible adult, out comes the tantrum-throwing princess.

• Love 2

Why would Rocky need to sniff the laundry in the machines to know what was clean or dirty?

Isn't laundry her sole responsibility? So it would be relatively easy to keep track of. Also it's easy to tell just by feeling it. Washed laundry that needs to be dried has a damp and crunchy feel and is all bunched together. Without having to stuff your nose in the crotch or pits it'll have an Clean odor. Old laundry that was washed and has sat is seriously crunchy and compressed and stinks like mildew even after just a half day.

THANK YOU!!! I do not understand that whole laundry sniffing thing, in what scenario would you not be able to tell by looking if something is clean/dirty from the washer. I don't see why you have to smell the armpit or crotch, I'm pretty sure the whole item would smell, it's not like you may smell the front of a shirt and mistake it as clean since you didn't smell the arm pit. Honestly, if I even questioned the cleanliness of something I would just rewash it... If it's even questionable it probably needs to be rewashed regardless. Maybe if she didn't spend so much time boinking Eddie in the laundry room she could keep clean/dirty straight.

I say this as a bad cook who routinely does all manner of shit that might burn down a house, why would an extra pan cause a fire? If the pan is clean enough wouldn't it just get hot? I mean I get that it's not a great idea, but I've missed a pan already in the oven when I'm cooking before (I AM A BAD COOK!), the worst that ever happened was the pan warped a little. But it didn't catch fire because it is supposed to go in the oven. I'm confused about what Leon and Rocky were even trying to sell.

• Love 1

I think Rocky was trying to imply that burning cheese from the still-frozen pizza dripped onto the pan and burst into flames like it was made of napalm—I don't think even she has so shaky a grip on reality that she would try to sell the story that metal oven pans caught fire themselves. Of course, we all could clearly see on the footage that it was crud underneath all the oven racks burning.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

I think Rocky was trying to imply that burning cheese from the still-frozen pizza dripped onto the pan and burst into flames like it was made of napalm—I don't think even she has so shaky a grip on reality that she would try to sell the story that metal oven pans caught fire themselves. Of course, we all could clearly see on the footage that it was crud underneath all the oven racks burning.

Oh, that's....a theory. This girl went to culinary school? She doesn't seem to have a clue as to how food or fire work.
  • Love 2

Yesterday I came down stairs while my sister was making thanksgiving dinner, and it smelled like burning, so I asked why and she said some drippings from the ham (we had ham instead to turkey because my sister doesn't like turkey) had spilled in the oven... I just held my breath and waited for the kitchen to spontaneously combust, but it never happened.

• Love 3