Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

I tried to do it myself.  I really did, but I'm just too over the hill to figure it out.  Came across two nice, squinty-eyed Mariah photos on Audrey's Instagram page and wanted to bring them, but I failed.  Hopefully someone else can do it.  And it looks to me like they are still in Utah. And yeah, Mariah has 128,000 Instagram followers.  Amazing!  I guess I need to go to Instagram more.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

So has Snowflake really not posted anything for several weeks?  I am stunned.  I didn't know she was capable of keeping a low profile.

She hasn’t posted on her public Instagram. She has a private one, no clue about that one.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'd bet dollars to donuts someone who has authority in her life/career told her to knock it off.  Her posts were becoming more and more rambling and offensive and were not helping her cause.  That kind of rhetoric inflames but does not move people to support. Heck, I believe in a lot of what she blathers about but she turns me off with her crap. 

Plus it's all for show.  Taking a selfie with a rainbow flag?  Big deal.  What have you actually DONE, Snowflake?  Anybody can take a picture.  Means nothing.

Plausible: “Knock it off or you’re done.”The thing that bothers me the most isn’t her message, but the anger and hate spilling out of her. That’s not how you combat racism and injustice overall (there are exceptions like the holocaust, by all means don’t go gently into concentration camps).

Mariah was just so vicious with her cop-hate, she forgets there are lots of black cops and—wait for it—gay cops. The profession isn’t all comprised of racist white people as she seems to think. 

She has a lot to learn and I’m glad something has kept her quiet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Plausible: “Knock it off or you’re done.”The thing that bothers me the most isn’t her message, but the anger and hate spilling out of her. That’s not how you combat racism and injustice overall (there are exceptions like the holocaust, by all means don’t go gently into concentration camps).

Mariah was just so vicious with her cop-hate, she forgets there are lots of black cops and—wait for it—gay cops. The profession isn’t all comprised of racist white people as she seems to think. 

She has a lot to learn and I’m glad something has kept her quiet. 

Hopefully she is keeping quiet because she has learned something, not just because * mean people made her stop*.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Hopefully she is keeping quiet because she has learned something, not just because * mean people made her stop*.

I doubt she would do it on her own as she thinks she's always right.  I suspect it was her summer job/internship working with kids that told her to lay off the SM ranting or be fired.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I tried to do it myself.  I really did, but I'm just too over the hill to figure it out.  Came across two nice, squinty-eyed Mariah photos on Audrey's Instagram page and wanted to bring them, but I failed.  Hopefully someone else can do it.  And it looks to me like they are still in Utah. And yeah, Mariah has 128,000 Instagram followers.  Amazing!  I guess I need to go to Instagram more.

Actually, I would think that would drive most people away from Instagram 😂. I notice Audrey is wearing her engagement ring.  So much for the breakup theories. They look happy in their squinty-eyed way. 

• Love 6

She's BAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK (on Instagram).

I can't link her latest Snowflake-'splain to this thread, but rest assured she hasn't changed a bit.  Just in case you all were worried.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 7/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, laurakaye said:

She's BAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK (on Instagram).

I can't link her latest Snowflake-'splain to this thread, but rest assured she hasn't changed a bit.  Just in case you all were worried.

I'm not on IG, is there someone here that can link to that post? I'd hate to miss out on her "words of wisdom" we all need to heed. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

I'm not on IG, is there someone here that can link to that post? I'd hate to miss out on her "words of wisdom" we all need to heed. 😂

It was in her Instagram stories, it’s no longer there. They go poof 24 hours after they’re posted

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It was in her Instagram stories, it’s no longer there. They go poof 24 hours after they’re posted

Thanks for the reply...it still is not enough for me to sign up for IG. Just wish I could have read her latest missive. Maybe that is her plan, post her rants and they disappear in 24 hours...no trail left. 

• Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm wondering if her father or someone else in the family didn't tell her to STFU.

Maybe it was the one non-Caucasian person she knows, who appeared in a few photos from Mariah's Westminster days, telling her to STFU because this is not the way to help end racism.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm wondering if her father or someone else in the family didn't tell her to STFU.

More likely a perspective or current employer or college faculty.  She wouldn't listen to anyone in her family.  She is totally "above them in every way."

• Love 11
On 7/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, Kohola3 said:

More likely a perspective or current employer or college faculty.  She wouldn't listen to anyone in her family.  She is totally "above them in every way."

Not if they threatened to withhold money, I'm sure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I found a really long video yesterday but it is based on their political opinions and therefore taboo.

Same source, another long video, "Meri drops huge hint that family has disowned her."

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

That video was fascinating and a very solid, nuanced explanation of the dynamics of a religiously extreme family navigating this situation. 

A few random thoughts:

-I wonder if Mariah being quieter on social media is due to this rift in some fashion, like she's trying to keep her head down in an attempt to not get Meri booted? 

-It never really occurred to me that the Browns could be total assholes to Mariah behind the scenes, but I've never been a regular enough watcher of the show to pay that much attention to their dynamics beyond the obvious part where all the wives clearly hate each other. But I wonder too if part of Mariah's behavior has been her own passive aggressive reaction to Kody and whatever the other siblings were saying...and it's very possible the Browns have a halfway decent PR person who made them swear on a stack of Kody's hair product that they would never publicly condemn Mariah because it would hurt their ability to make money...but that doesn't mean they aren't dicks to her behind the scenes, and her constant performative social media wokeness is her way of trying to provoke them to respond in kind and showcase how hypocritical they are? 

-Regardless of Mariah's attitude, the Browns sketchiness, or the insanity of the whole family, I do feel really bad for Mariah if the family puts on a supportive front but tells her when the cameras are off that she's going to hell or is a sinner or something similar. That's pretty awful, and I don't wish that kind of fundamental, personal rejection on anyone. It's one thing if their attitude is "look, we just don't like you as a person", but it's another if they went from her being a welcome sibling to "you can't talk to the grandkids or be alone with the younger kids because you're a sinner and you might corrupt them". Who knows if that's what's going on, but I do know that does go on in fundamentalist religious families-I had a friend who was terrified some of her siblings would cut her off for coming out and she specifically said "my brother will never let me be alone with my nieces again". So it's not an outlandish theory. 

-This is more related to the video, but in general, it's kind of offensive to refer to someone being gay as a "lifestyle". I know it's partly cultural, and partly generational, but as a rule of thumb that's a pretty awkward and uncomfortable thing to say to or about someone. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That whole video was what the presenter thinks and surmises with almost no facts.  All she has to go on is what she's seen on social media.  She knows no more than the rest of us it doesn't seem.

I'm not impressed with her at all.  She seems to glean her information from "rag" magazines and presents the results as her own investigations.  There is far more viable and new information right here on THIS site, thanks to Ginger, and more astute observations thanks to the insightful, thought-provoking comments of the regulars here.

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That whole video was what the presenter thinks and surmises with almost no facts.  All she has to go on is what she's seen on social media.  She knows no more than the rest of us it doesn't seem.

Yep, I agree.  She says stuff like she is total expert and has inside info.  I gave up on her a long time ago.

• Love 11

In a family so large, with different mothers and alliances, there's bound to be differences of opinion.  I'm willing to bet Mariah does not take to anyone disagreeing with her lightly. That fact that Mariah is gay does not give her the gift of infallibility nor does it give her the privilege of unquestioning assent from others. 

"Fun fact", Mariah --even people in the LGBTQ+ community may disagree on important points and have different political affiliations than you. It doesn't make them "traitors" or uniformed, necessarily.

• Love 17

What I want to delve into is why Paedon says that he and Mariah can't stand each other.  In fact I would like to know if Mariah has a close relationship with any of her siblings save Maddie, who she recently visited.  I would think the resentment for Princess Snowflake runs very deep, and her ragey, ill-informed missives on IG probably don't help at all.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, questionfear said:

This is more related to the video, but in general, it's kind of offensive to refer to someone being gay as a "lifestyle". I know it's partly cultural, and partly generational, but as a rule of thumb that's a pretty awkward and uncomfortable thing to say to or about someone. 

I noticed that in the video as well, and I also found it offensive. A lifestyle is a choice - i.e. choosing to live polygamy. Being gay is not a choice; it's part of who someone is.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not impressed with her at all.  She seems to glean her information from "rag" magazines and presents the results as her own investigations.  There is far more viable and new information right here on THIS site, thanks to Ginger, and more astute observations thanks to the insightful, thought-provoking comments of the regulars here.

Absolutely! She has a way of presenting it as if her thoughts are something new, when really they are re-hashes.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What I want to delve into is why Paedon says that he and Mariah can't stand each other.  In fact I would like to know if Mariah has a close relationship with any of her siblings save Maddie, who she recently visited.  I would think the resentment for Princess Snowflake runs very deep, and her ragey, ill-informed missives on IG probably don't help at all.

Based on their reactions when she came out, I'd guess Mariah is close to Logan, Hunter, and Aspyn as well as Madison. They were the original five. Perhaps Mykelti as well, although I suspect Mykelti is a bit flakey for Mariah's taste. Based on Gwen's politics (in her recnt IG stories), she and Mariah are on the same page politically. Doesn't mean they are close though. I'd imagine they all get frustrated or annoyed with her strident outbursts on social media, though - if they even follow her. I do get the feeling the older siblings are all really close. Paedon always seemed like the odd man out in Christine's family of girls, and we've noted his attempts to bully the younger ones. I don't see him as part of the older group of kids.

As far as why he and Mariah can't stand each other, their political views are diametrically opposed at both extremes, and I'm sure his work ethic is stronger than hers. I'd bet he resents the privileges she got growing up and continues to see her as a spoiled brat, as some of us do.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, questionfear said:

That video was fascinating and a very solid, nuanced explanation of the dynamics of a religiously extreme family navigating this situation. 

A few random thoughts:

-I wonder if Mariah being quieter on social media is due to this rift in some fashion, like she's trying to keep her head down in an attempt to not get Meri booted? 

-It never really occurred to me that the Browns could be total assholes to Mariah behind the scenes, but I've never been a regular enough watcher of the show to pay that much attention to their dynamics beyond the obvious part where all the wives clearly hate each other. But I wonder too if part of Mariah's behavior has been her own passive aggressive reaction to Kody and whatever the other siblings were saying...and it's very possible the Browns have a halfway decent PR person who made them swear on a stack of Kody's hair product that they would never publicly condemn Mariah because it would hurt their ability to make money...but that doesn't mean they aren't dicks to her behind the scenes, and her constant performative social media wokeness is her way of trying to provoke them to respond in kind and showcase how hypocritical they are? 

-Regardless of Mariah's attitude, the Browns sketchiness, or the insanity of the whole family, I do feel really bad for Mariah if the family puts on a supportive front but tells her when the cameras are off that she's going to hell or is a sinner or something similar. That's pretty awful, and I don't wish that kind of fundamental, personal rejection on anyone. It's one thing if their attitude is "look, we just don't like you as a person", but it's another if they went from her being a welcome sibling to "you can't talk to the grandkids or be alone with the younger kids because you're a sinner and you might corrupt them". Who knows if that's what's going on, but I do know that does go on in fundamentalist religious families-I had a friend who was terrified some of her siblings would cut her off for coming out and she specifically said "my brother will never let me be alone with my nieces again". So it's not an outlandish theory. 

-This is more related to the video, but in general, it's kind of offensive to refer to someone being gay as a "lifestyle". I know it's partly cultural, and partly generational, but as a rule of thumb that's a pretty awkward and uncomfortable thing to say to or about someone. 

I don't think the family is treating her bad behind the scenes.  She seems to have gotten along with all the siblings around her age group.  I truly believe that she is takes offence if people don't feel the same way she does about things.  I think both her and Padeon have strong personalities that clash with each other.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

I totally agree.  What bugged me is how she kept talking about how the church would be putting pressure on the family to shun her--um, what church?  We haven't seen them involved with any church since they left Utah, except the Church of Kootie (and even that seems pretty non-existent at this point).  If the family is shunning Mariah, it's because of what they believe.  I do think Kody has issues with Mariah being gay.  How that's playing out behind closed doors, I have no idea.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I don't think the family is treating her bad behind the scenes.  She seems to have gotten along with all the siblings around her age group.  I truly believe that she is takes offence if people don't feel the same way she does about things.  I think both her and Padeon have strong personalities that clash with each other.  

Interesting.  I just have the gut feeling that most of her siblings steer clear of her.  

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

That is why I didn't even bother watching it. My time is precious! Just like all those articles that pop up on my Google feed about the Browns that just turn out to be synopsises (?) of their Instagram posts. Why even bother? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10
On 7/21/2020 at 10:53 AM, toodles said:

Yep, I agree.  She says stuff like she is total expert and has inside info.  I gave up on her a long time ago.

Same here.  I also hate how she talks on and on without taking a sip of water to un-stick her tongue  from her inner cheeks and throat, so we have to hear clicks and smacks and other annoying sounds in between words.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Same here.  I also hate how she talks on and on without taking a sip of water to un-stick her tongue  from her inner cheeks and throat, so we have to hear clicks and smacks and other annoying sounds in between words.

Now I'll NEVER watch ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 7/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, Absolom said:

That is this youtuber's specialty.  She'll say anything, hurt anyone just to get views.

• Love 8
(edited)

Pretty sure it's the Flats.

The Bonneville Salt Flats are a densely packed salt pan in Tooele County in northwestern Utah. The area is a remnant of the Pleistocene Lake Bonneville and is the largest of many salt flats located west of the Great Salt Lake.

The property is public land managed by the Bureau of Land Management and is known for land speed records at the "Bonneville Speedway". Access to the flats is open to the public.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonneville_Salt_Flats

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

There is nothing wrong with this girl that some shampoo, cream rinse, deodorant, tweezers, a razor and a personality transplant couldn’t fix . . . God love her . . . 

Perhaps some cold sore medication ... or does she just need some lipbalm?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2